Thread: Prince Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,089 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: Prince Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals

It is also rumored that the NWO agenda is to eliminate the authority of the Royals as well as the Vatican and other more localized power structures, and have only one "Big Brother" type planetary authority, though that presumably, will include any elites from the eliminated structures that conform to the NWO guidelines.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Arcturian108 (26th January 2020), DeDukshyn (23rd January 2020), Eric J (Viking) (20th January 2020), happyuk (20th January 2020), Mike (20th January 2020)

3. Link to Post #62
    Scotland Avalon Member Stealthy Monk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by yelik (here)
    As I understand Prince Harry is not the son of Prince Charles's but more likely the son of an affair James Hewitt and Princess Diana. I suspect this move is because Prince Harry, technically, has no Royal hereditary rights, but I don't think they'll let him starve

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stealthy Monk For This Post:

Arcturian108 (26th January 2020), ClearWater (25th January 2020), Eric J (Viking) (20th January 2020), justntime2learn (27th January 2020), Mike (20th January 2020), onawah (20th January 2020), Pam (20th January 2020), Sunny (22nd January 2020)

5. Link to Post #63
    Scotland Avalon Member Stealthy Monk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    It seems like all this fuss has been a great distraction from the Prince Andrew scandal, and as long as he stays out of the limelight, most likely Harry and Meghan's situation will keep the MSM well provided with material to keep the public's hunger for gossip satisfied.
    That was my take on the interminable Royal reporting that has taken place since Andy's Newsnight interview on the BBC. I say interview, but it was more akin to the final moments of the Hindenburg. They've wheeled the old man to hospital and back, Willy and Kate did some song and dance at a kid's hospital, then Harry and Meghan's latest doings analysed in great detail -- I'd say the Royal PR machinery is working overtime to disperse the foul stench of paedophilia, an important task, lest we forget Charles' former partner in crime, Savile.
    Where ever these unelected spongers go, prolific paedophiles always seem close at hand.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stealthy Monk For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (20th January 2020), Mike (20th January 2020), onawah (20th January 2020), Pam (20th January 2020)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Duke of Sussex was at a formal private dinner in Chelsea, for vulnerable children's charity Sentebale, which he founded in 2006. Speaking on the general public's support of him, Prince Harry acknowledged: “When I lost my mum 23 years ago, you took me under your wing. “You’ve looked out for me for so long, but the media is a powerful force, and my hope is one day our collective support for each other can be more powerful because this is so much bigger than just us.”

Full story here...
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...s-diana-speech

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Sunny (20th January 2020)

9. Link to Post #65
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So summing it all up, it seems likely that it had become too obvious that Charles isn't Harry's Dad.
    (It's easy enough to find out nowadays with DNA testing,and perhaps the truth leaked out--Harry has referred often in a circumspect way to things he can't disclose yet, but better for him and the royals the he should be more out of the public eye if it should become public knowledge).
    And perhaps there were already plans to remove him from the line if he's not actually of Lizzie's bloodline, and rebellious as well.
    His marriage to someone of mixed race served to render him even more undesirable as part of the royal Reptilian family; there have been reports that the Dracos are racists --even if the English people aren't!)
    Perhaps Harry's felt alienated from the family for awhile, and knowing the family's (unacknowledged) racist bias, he deliberately took the opportunity to use Meghan's mixed racial heritage as a ticket out.
    When Andrew blew it so badly with his last interview (though things were already heading downhill because of his undeniably close association with Epstein) and things really came to a head, Harry's rebelliousness could easily be used as the perfect distraction from Andrew's fauxpax.
    So much so that Liz couldn't resist using it to take care of several pressing matters all in one fell swoop.
    Remove the embarrassment of Meghan, remove Harry from the line to the crown, distract from Andrew.
    How convenient!
    Last edited by onawah; 20th January 2020 at 22:47.
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

ClearWater (25th January 2020), Eric J (Viking) (20th January 2020), justntime2learn (27th January 2020), mountain_jim (21st January 2020), Pam (20th January 2020), Soda (23rd January 2020), Stealthy Monk (20th January 2020)

11. Link to Post #66
    Language
    Mancunian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    It is my intuition (and also predicted by Credo Mutwa) that the British Monarchy is doomed.

Meghan Markle will undoubtedly act as a catalyst in that process. She has played the "person of colour" card as the basis for presenting herself as the victim in all of this, but this has always been a ridiculous idea. The British People on the whole never gave her ethnicity a second thought. It is her own narcissistic conduct that has led us to where we are today. Everything will now be fair game for her - saving the planet, smearing sex pests, finding misogynists and racists under every bed, championing unwise causes, earning endless consultancy fees and scooping ambassadorships. She can present herself as rejecting the HRH of sovereignty.....while still earning a living entirely on the basis of being a showgirl who married a Prince.

The rot began as far back as 1969, when the Windsors made the mistake of allowing the production of a TV documentary, The Royal Family. Sir David Attenborough – controller of BBC Two at the time – warned that the film was in danger of "killing the monarchy". The film critic Milton Shulman wrote with great prescience, "Every institution that has so far attempted to use TV to popularise or aggrandise itself has been trivialised by it".

I am not a royalist. But from here on in, Markle will continue to snipe from a safe distance from the outside. The average American, along with the British Left, will take her side.

I do say to all republicans - by all means recognise and denounce the British aristocracy as an archaic system of leadership choice...but nothing was ever going to be enough for Meghan, was it? A piece of destructive antimatter from the moment she got engaged to Prince Harry, she has finally achieved what she really wanted: a rival 'Monarchy' based on virtue-signalling charities, plus the ability to make as much money - and as many heart-on-sleeve daft politically correct soundbites as she sees fit.
    that's rather a large helping of vitriol.

unless, if i'm mistaken, you have evidence of any of this meghan plot.
    in which case I will take back my assessment of your piece.

is harry a dormant slumbering idiot who has no self volition?
    if so, better he is out than taint the institution.

I find it rather repulsive reading.
    I read posts hoping to be enlightened.
    Last edited by snoman; 20th January 2020 at 22:35.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snoman For This Post:

Mark (24th January 2020), wondering (25th January 2020)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Just adding my two cents in the who is Harry's real father question. As an artists trained to pay attention to facial details I feel I have a good eye for these things. Back when the story of Diana's affair with James Hewitt came out I was convinced James was Harry's real dad. But as Harry has aged he actually looks more and more like Charles...to the point that I had to admit I was wrong.

The area between their eyes is what gives the relationship away. The bridge of the nose ...between the close set eyes is exactly the same. And the father/grandfather has the same unmistakable bridge.

The weird thing in this case is that he actually looks like a mix of BOTH Charles and James....

Anyway ultimately this doesn't matter in the least...except in its capacity to draw us into a distracting story .... I just couldn't resist commenting so it's clearly working...lol

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Arcturian108 (26th January 2020), ClearWater (25th January 2020), DeDukshyn (23rd January 2020), Eric J (Viking) (24th January 2020), Forest Denizen (25th January 2020), James (20th January 2020), justntime2learn (21st January 2020), Kryztian (23rd January 2020), mountain_jim (21st January 2020), onawah (20th January 2020), Soda (23rd January 2020), Sunny (22nd January 2020)

15. Link to Post #68
    Language
    English
    Thanks

As an intuitive, I'd say his spirit is more like James's.
    And the bridge of the nose looks similar in both cases.
    Note the very pronounced swelling just below the bridge in both Harry's and James's noses, where Charles's nose continues to be more slender, almost pinched, all the way down.

If Harry was discovered to be James's son, that would surely have given the Royals more reason to get rid of Diana, as well.

But then there's this:
    https://www.ibtimes.com/prince-harry...vealed-2773538

"According to Stevenson, the most common cause of male pattern baldness is genetics and its onset is largely unavoidable. Age and lifestyle can also play a part as well as stress.

“A genetic expert shared a crucial detail about Prince Harry that revealed the identity of his real father.
    "This type of hair loss causes a sudden widespread thinning, rather than a receding hairline, and hair growth usually returns to normal within months of managing stress so again, it’s unlikely that this is causing Harry’s hair loss as his hair has been getting progressively thinner for some time,” Stevenson explained.

The expert noted that for Prince Harry’s case, the main cause of his hair loss is genetics.

“Unfortunately, it appears that he – like his brother Prince William – has the MPB (male pattern baldness) gene and it won’t be long before we notice his haircuts getting shorter to help minimise the appearance of thinning,” Steven explained. "

Unless both of Diana's sons weren't fathered by Charles...
    Last edited by onawah; 20th January 2020 at 23:05.
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

enfoldedblue (21st January 2020), Eric J (Viking) (24th January 2020), Kryztian (23rd January 2020), Sunny (26th January 2020)

17. Link to Post #69
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    Just adding my two cents in the who is Harry's real father question. As an artists trained to pay attention to facial details I feel I have a good eye for these things. Back when the story of Diana's affair with James Hewitt came out I was convinced James was Harry's real dad. But as Harry has aged he actually looks more and more like Charles...to the point that I had to admit I was wrong.

The area between their eyes is what gives the relationship away. The bridge of the nose ...between the close set eyes is exactly the same. And the father/grandfather has the same unmistakable bridge.

The weird thing in this case is that he actually looks like a mix of BOTH Charles and James....

Anyway ultimately this doesn't matter in the least...except in its capacity to draw us into a distracting story .... I just couldn't resist commenting so it's clearly working...lol
    Harry looks way more like Charles now than that other guy - and I also see some of Philip quite clearly in him now as well. Its the eyes. Eye spacing and depth. Exactly like Charles / Philip - nothing like the other dude.

Just a side note: Genetic "Male Pattern Baldness" comes in from the "X" (female) chromosome. The name is a bit of a misnomer.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

enfoldedblue (24th January 2020), Eric J (Viking) (24th January 2020), Forest Denizen (25th January 2020), Kryztian (23rd January 2020), onawah (23rd January 2020)

19. Link to Post #70
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Good point! It looks like the "expert" was obfuscating the truth about that, which is very interesting.

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

Just a side note: Genetic "Male Pattern Baldness" comes in from the "X" (female) chromosome. The name is a bit of a misnomer.
    Last edited by onawah; 23rd January 2020 at 03:28.
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

DeDukshyn (23rd January 2020), Forest Denizen (25th January 2020)

21. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

Quote Posted by snoman (here)

Thank you for that. Cosign. Here's some real context and direct comparisons. Excuse the length, I don't know how to minimize pics on PA or if it is possible to have them appear side by side rather than in their original size. It is possible to program that capacity in the software I know, but I don't believe we have it enabled.

Here Are 20 Headlines Comparing Meghan Markle To Kate Middleton That May Show Why She And Prince Harry Are Cutting Off Royal Reporters

Over the years, Meghan has been shamed for the same things for which her sister-in-law, Kate, has been praised.

Ellie Hall
    BuzzFeed News Reporter

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (aka Prince Harry and Meghan Markle) didn't just shockingly "step back" as senior members of the royal family this week — they gave the UK media a big "****-you" for years of what they said was biased and unfair coverage.

The couple's new website on breaking up with years of royal protocol laid out — among a lot of other things — their media strategy, stating that they will no longer participate in the traditional royal press system that grants exclusive access to a select group of UK outlets.

Britain’s royal correspondents, they said, are seen as reliable sources of information. "This misconception propels coverage that is often carried by other outlets around the world, amplifying frequent misreporting," they wrote. Removing themselves from "royal rota" coverage has sparked an outcry among UK media and drew a protest from the National Union of Journalists.

This isn't a new complaint from the royal couple — they just took an unprecedented step to do something about it. Harry and Meghan have said publicly that they believe they have been treated unfairly by the UK press since the moment news broke of their relationship — that they are bullied, that there are racist undertones to coverage of them, and that they have been held to a different standard than Harry's brother and sister-in-law, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (aka Prince William and Kate Middleton).

The UK media outlets that currently make up the royal rota are the Daily Express, the Daily Mail, the Daily Mirror, the Evening Standard, the Telegraph, the Times, and the Sun.

Here is a look at 20 stories from these outlets that appear to show a double standard between press coverage of Meghan and Kate. BuzzFeed News has reached out to all of the outlets featured below for comment.

Kate: "Bumping along nicely! The Duchess was seen placing a protective hand on her tummy as she exited the event." Daily Mail: March 22, 2018

Meghan: "Personally, I find the cradling a bit like those signs in the back of cars: Baby on Board. Virtue signaling, as though the rest of us barren harridans deserve to burn alive in our cars." Daily Mail: Jan. 26, 2019

Kate and William: "Prince William was given one of the green fruit – wrapped up in a bow – by a little boy who's mother is suffering during her pregnancy too... 'He said he'd take it to [Kate] and see what happens – and said good luck for [the boy's] mummy.'" Express: Sept. 14, 2017

Meghan: "The pregnant Duchess of Sussex and so-called 'avocado on toast whisperer' is wolfing down a fruit linked to water shortages, illegal deforestation and all round general environmental devastation." Express: Jan. 23, 2019

Kate: "Royal sources said yesterday that the Queen understood and endorsed William and Kate’s decision not to spend Christmas Day with her. One said: ‘Her Majesty understands that it is a dilemma that many young couples face and acknowledges how close Catherine’s relationship is with her family." Daily Mail: Dec. 16, 2016

Meghan: "The fact is the Queen expects to have the family around her for the festive season... to the Queen, for whom the tradition of the family gathering is a key date in her calendar, Harry and Meghan’s absence will be a matter of great sadness. It will also be a source of frustration." Daily Mail: Nov. 13, 2019

Kate and William: "Creating their own companies will allow William and Kate to bring out, should they ever chose to, myriad items of officially-endorsed merchandise from tea towels to coffee cups... Kensington Palace officials said they were doing the ‘sensible thing’ in protecting the couple’s rights." Daily Mail: Jan. 17, 2014

Meghan and Harry: "The Sussexes want to stamp their name on dozens of products including T-shirts, hoodies, journals and gloves for their newly-created foundation Sussex Royal... Experts said Harry and Meghan were actively preparing to quit the Royal Family months ago by filing trade mark applications to commercially protect their brand." Daily Mail: Jan. 9, 2020

This is only half of the article. PA only allows us to upload 9 images with a post. Please go to the original site and article to see the other direct comparisons about how Meghan has been treated compared to Kate.
    Last edited by Mark; 24th January 2020 at 20:11.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Arcturian108 (26th January 2020), Eric J (Viking) (24th January 2020), Forest Denizen (25th January 2020), snoman (26th January 2020), Sunny (25th January 2020)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Quote Posted by snoman (here)

Thank you for that. Cosign. Here's some real context and direct comparisons. Excuse the length, I don't know how to minimize pics on PA or if it is possible to have them appear side by side rather than in their original size. It is possible to program that capacity in the software I know, but I don't believe we have it enabled.

Here Are 20 Headlines Comparing Meghan Markle To Kate Middleton That May Show Why She And Prince Harry Are Cutting Off Royal Reporters

Over the years, Meghan has been shamed for the same things for which her sister-in-law, Kate, has been praised.

Ellie Hall
    BuzzFeed News Reporter

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (aka Prince Harry and Meghan Markle) didn't just shockingly "step back" as senior members of the royal family this week — they gave the UK media a big "****-you" for years of what they said was biased and unfair coverage.

The couple's new website on breaking up with years of royal protocol laid out — among a lot of other things — their media strategy, stating that they will no longer participate in the traditional royal press system that grants exclusive access to a select group of UK outlets.

Britain’s royal correspondents, they said, are seen as reliable sources of information. "This misconception propels coverage that is often carried by other outlets around the world, amplifying frequent misreporting," they wrote. Removing themselves from "royal rota" coverage has sparked an outcry among UK media and drew a protest from the National Union of Journalists.

This isn't a new complaint from the royal couple — they just took an unprecedented step to do something about it. Harry and Meghan have said publicly that they believe they have been treated unfairly by the UK press since the moment news broke of their relationship — that they are bullied, that there are racist undertones to coverage of them, and that they have been held to a different standard than Harry's brother and sister-in-law, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (aka Prince William and Kate Middleton).

The UK media outlets that currently make up the royal rota are the Daily Express, the Daily Mail, the Daily Mirror, the Evening Standard, the Telegraph, the Times, and the Sun.

Here is a look at 20 stories from these outlets that appear to show a double standard between press coverage of Meghan and Kate. BuzzFeed News has reached out to all of the outlets featured below for comment.

Kate: "Bumping along nicely! The Duchess was seen placing a protective hand on her tummy as she exited the event." Daily Mail: March 22, 2018

Meghan: "Personally, I find the cradling a bit like those signs in the back of cars: Baby on Board. Virtue signaling, as though the rest of us barren harridans deserve to burn alive in our cars." Daily Mail: Jan. 26, 2019

Kate and William: "Prince William was given one of the green fruit – wrapped up in a bow – by a little boy who's mother is suffering during her pregnancy too... 'He said he'd take it to [Kate] and see what happens – and said good luck for [the boy's] mummy.'" Express: Sept. 14, 2017

Meghan: "The pregnant Duchess of Sussex and so-called 'avocado on toast whisperer' is wolfing down a fruit linked to water shortages, illegal deforestation and all round general environmental devastation." Express: Jan. 23, 2019

Kate: "Royal sources said yesterday that the Queen understood and endorsed William and Kate’s decision not to spend Christmas Day with her. One said: ‘Her Majesty understands that it is a dilemma that many young couples face and acknowledges how close Catherine’s relationship is with her family." Daily Mail: Dec. 16, 2016

Meghan: "The fact is the Queen expects to have the family around her for the festive season... to the Queen, for whom the tradition of the family gathering is a key date in her calendar, Harry and Meghan’s absence will be a matter of great sadness. It will also be a source of frustration." Daily Mail: Nov. 13, 2019

Kate and William: "Creating their own companies will allow William and Kate to bring out, should they ever chose to, myriad items of officially-endorsed merchandise from tea towels to coffee cups... Kensington Palace officials said they were doing the ‘sensible thing’ in protecting the couple’s rights." Daily Mail: Jan. 17, 2014

Meghan and Harry: "The Sussexes want to stamp their name on dozens of products including T-shirts, hoodies, journals and gloves for their newly-created foundation Sussex Royal... Experts said Harry and Meghan were actively preparing to quit the Royal Family months ago by filing trade mark applications to commercially protect their brand." Daily Mail: Jan. 9, 2020

This is only half of the article. PA only allows us to upload 9 images with a post. Please go to the original site and article to see the other direct comparisons about how Meghan has been treated compared to Kate.

Thanks Rahkyt...
    Typically the press have got a lot to answer for...great perspective amongst other things.

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Forest Denizen (25th January 2020), Mark (25th January 2020), snoman (26th January 2020), Sunny (26th January 2020)

25. Link to Post #73
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,168 times in 10,101 posts

It cracks me up that the British press calls the BRF "The Good Ship Windsor". Could a more charming phrase be beaten into the heads of the public-at-large to ensure a favorable impression? It sounds so happy and carefree, blue skies and smooth sailing! What a talented, well-placed, and highly-paid PR department they must have!

Does Prince Harry (described in the since-removed video by the royal photographer as "not the sharpest tool in the shed") know more about the BRF than we do? The answer is undoubtedly yes. My goodness, he grew up with them. What does he know? We don't know. It is interesting that when explaining his decision to leave, he used the phrase "knowing what I know". Did he elaborate on this? No. What could that be?

What if he knows that the sh-t is about to hit the fan? What if he knows that this will all begin with his dear uncle, Prince Andrew, and his enthusiasm for breaking the law with teenage girls? Well, we already know about that. But what if he knows that this will BEGIN with Prince Andrew? Remember, we do know about some other stuff, some involving Prince Charles, and it is fairly certain we don't know the whole story there. And I will make it a point to NOT even mention the even weirder stuff we have been told about involving, oh, reptiles and rituals and things of that nature.

Oops.

What if he knows this is coming, and simply wants to jump off a sinking ship? After all, the crew always knows about the leak before the passengers. What if this is what he is talking about when he says "knowing what I know"?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (25th January 2020), justntime2learn (27th January 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th January 2020), wondering (25th January 2020)

27. Link to Post #74
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I would say that the murder of Princess Diana is more likely what was underlying Harry's anger all along.
    There has been enough evidence proving she was murdered.
    No doubt Harry has seen it and has perhaps been waiting for more reason to bail and enough emotional support to do it, so that the pressure to keep him onboard the "BRF".wouldn't be so fierce and difficult to resist.
    Support from Meghan and the scandal surrounding Andrew probably provided the final straws, and Lizzie couldn't make him back down any longer.
    Perhaps some deals were cut-- Meghan and Harry would keep quiet about what they knew and suspected, and in return, would be allowed to leave the fold.
    His brother is all lined up to inherit the crown, so the lineage is preserved and Lizzie could afford to cut him loose.
    And, after all, he may not be a Windsor, in any case....
    Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    It cracks me up that the British press calls the BRF "The Good Ship Windsor". Could a more charming phrase be beaten into the heads of the public-at-large to ensure a favorable impression? It sounds so happy and carefree, blue skies and smooth sailing! What a talented, well-placed, and highly-paid PR department they must have!

Does Prince Harry (described in the since-removed video by the royal photographer as "not the sharpest tool in the shed") know more about the BRF than we do? The answer is undoubtedly yes. My goodness, he grew up with them. What does he know? We don't know. It is interesting that when explaining his decision to leave, he used the phrase "knowing what I know". Did he elaborate on this? No. What could that be?

What if he knows that the sh-t is about to hit the fan? What if he knows that this will all begin with his dear uncle, Prince Andrew, and his enthusiasm for breaking the law with teenage girls? Well, we already know about that. But what if he knows that this will BEGIN with Prince Andrew? Remember, we do know about some other stuff, some involving Prince Charles, and it is fairly certain we don't know the whole story there. And I will make it a point to NOT even mention the even weirder stuff we have been told about involving, oh, reptiles and rituals and things of that nature.

Oops.

What if he knows this is coming, and simply wants to jump off a sinking ship? After all, the crew always knows about the leak before the passengers. What if this is what he is talking about when he says "knowing what I know"?
    Last edited by onawah; 25th January 2020 at 20:21.
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bluegreen (25th January 2020), Eric J (Viking) (25th January 2020), Pam (28th January 2020)

29. Link to Post #75
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Good point! It looks like the "expert" was obfuscating the truth about that, which is very interesting.
    I have learned to immediately doubt anyone with the credentials of just "expert". I learned that strategy from watching the media outlets "expert" interviews after realizing I was often more of an "expert" at whatever their expertise was supposed to be.

They were more often than not, strategic "actors" more or less. I think "expert" is used for people who have no actual credentials to be speaking on the subject at hand, or when "professionals" won't take your side of an argument.

My 2 cents Always question the "experts".

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bluegreen (25th January 2020), ClearWater (25th January 2020), Eric J (Viking) (25th January 2020), greybeard (25th January 2020), justntime2learn (27th January 2020), onawah (25th January 2020), Pam (28th January 2020), Rosco1 (21st February 2020)

31. Link to Post #76
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

I have one final thought on this. Has no one ever explained to Meghan the difference between royalty and celebrity?

I wish her and Harry well but can you honestly see this lasting?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Arcturian108 (26th January 2020), onawah (26th January 2020)

33. Link to Post #77
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I had never seen Meghan acting before, so I watched some youtube videos which showed outtakes from "Suits", a TV show she has been featured in.
    She was apparently really having a lot of fun, as a lot of stars of stage and screen appear to.
    So what I ended up wondering was if one of Harry's reasons for quitting the royal role is because he wants to have more fun too, and that kind of celebrity lifestyle looked like something he would like to be more a part of.
    Being a royal doesn't look like much fun at all, all that hand-shaking and interminable ceremonies and solemn occasions.
    As the wise man always says, "Money can't buy happiness".
    Harry doesn't appear to be the type who needs a lot of prestige to feel good about himself, though perhaps that will change in time.
    Marriage isn't what it used to be, that's for sure, but they may have as good a chance as other celebrity couples do, at least...
    Though I think boredom sets in a lot more quickly once you get used to that level of excitement.
    I have one final thought on this. Has no one ever explained to Meghan the difference between royalty and celebrity?

Each breath a gift...

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

DeDukshyn (27th January 2020), justntime2learn (27th January 2020)

35. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I had never seen Meghan acting before, so I watched some youtube videos which showed outtakes from "Suits", a TV show she has been featured in.
    She was apparently really having a lot of fun, as a lot of stars of stage and screen appear to.
    So what I ended up wondering was if one of Harry's reasons for quitting the royal role is because he wants to have more fun too, and that kind of celebrity lifestyle looked like something he would like to be more a part of.
    Being a royal doesn't look like much fun at all, all that hand-shaking and interminable ceremonies and solemn occasions.
    As the wise man always says, "Money can't buy happiness".
    Harry doesn't appear to be the type who needs a lot of prestige to feel good about himself, though perhaps that will change in time.
    Marriage isn't what it used to be, that's for sure, but they may have as good a chance as other celebrity couples do, at least...
    Though I think boredom sets in a lot more quickly once you get used to that level of excitement.

Exactly my sentiments. It seems the best fit to me.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

justntime2learn (27th January 2020)

37. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Typically the press have got a lot to answer for...great perspective amongst other things.
    I think so. Perspective is one thing and everyone is entitled to theirs, but this seems to be quite the deliberate deployment of rancor and ill will, as has been present in this thread as well, which is interesting to me, considering this format and the fact that they are all royals, even Meghan now. I wonder if she's seen the Prince Andrew or the Queen shape-shift and that is why she needed an ocean and half a continent between to raise their hybrid (in a few more ways than one) child?

At any rate, their life away from London and on the American continent is going to be amazing and the entire world will continue to watch them over anything that goes on with big brother William and his bride. And that may be a part of the rancor as well.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (28th January 2020), snoman (28th January 2020)

39. Link to Post #80
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

John Bercow says Meghan Markle was victim of 'explicit and obnoxious racism'
    Yahoo News UK James Morris,Yahoo News UK
    https://uk.yahoo.com/news/john-berco...093932499.html

Former Commons speaker John Bercow has said Meghan Markle was the victim of “explicit and obnoxious racism”.

Mr Bercow was speaking for the first time about the Duchess and Duke of Sussex’s decision to step back from senior royal duties and move to Canada.

He told the Sunday Times: “I want to say that I believe unequivocally that Meghan has been the victim of explicit and obnoxious racism.

“I am crystal clear about that. She has been subjected to racism, sexism and misogyny.
    January 20th 2020 - Buckingham Palace has announced that Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan will no longer use
    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

“Harry and Meghan have a right to opt for change, accepting some of the consequences and costs. They are entitled to put their marriage and health first.”

Mr Bercow also said Meghan has been attacked because she is a “feminist” who has previously spoken out against Donald Trump.

The Sussexs’ dramatic announcement last month that they were stepping back from royal duties sparked debate about whether Meghan, who is mixed race, has been subjected to racism.

Prince Harry himself has previously criticised “racial undertones” of media coverage about Meghan, something Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said he agreed with last month.

Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan, on the other hand, has claimed “this ‘it’s all racism’ defence of Meghan is so wrong and such a disgraceful smear on the British people who welcomed our first mixed-race royal with huge enthusiasm”. Mr Morgan has launched a series of tirades against Meghan, who he claimed suddenly cut off their friendship in 2015.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Mark (7th February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast