Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst 1 4 14 54 104 154 LastLast

Thread: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,263 times in 5,712 posts

Default Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    From Mike Adams:

Interviews Chris Martenson, a 'survivalist', former VP of Pfizer who has a pHD in toxicology. He knows what he's talking about. It's not all just his opinion.
    Bat to snake to human? Lab manufactured?

One thing... Was the "Spanish Flu" really a viral illness?

The main thing, WASH your hands frequently and keep hands from face...
    I want to share this info too.

Quote Oregano Oil Proves Effective Against Coronavirus
    Tuesday, 01 December 2009 19:00
    By Staff Writer - Vol. 4, No. 4. Winter, 2003

Oil of oregano may prove to be a valuable ally against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).

A recent in vitro study indicates that the essential oil of this medicinal herb can destroy human coronavirus, thought to be the pathogen responsible for SARS, and completely stop its replication within 20 minutes of exposure.

The study was conducted by Dr. M. Khalid Ijaz, of Microbiotest, an independent microbiological testing lab in Sterling, VA. Dr. Ijaz incubated human coronavirus in MRC-5 cell lines with Oreganol P73, an olive-oil preparation of wild oregano, and with Oregacillin, a combination of wild oregano, wild sage, wild cumin and wild cinnamon oils. Both products are made by Physician's Strength/North American Herb and Spice, a company that specializes in medicinal essential oils from the Mediterranean.

The oregano oil alone reduced viral titers from over 5 million particles per ml at baseline, to 167 particles per ml within 15 minutes. At 20 minutes, the titers were down to 150 particles per ml. The Oregacillin combination reduced titers from over 5 million, to 133 particles per ml in 15 minutes. Within 20 minutes, they were reduced to non-detectable levels. The investigators noted that both preparations were able to halt viral replication within the host cells.

The in vitro findings need to be confirmed in human clinical trials, but they are compelling in that they show that oil of oregano, alone and in combination with other essential oils, have unequivocal virucidal and virustatic effects.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Brightstar (27th January 2020), Kryztian (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), silvanelf (27th January 2020), sllim11 (27th January 2020), Sunny (27th January 2020)

3. Link to Post #62
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

According to this news, which is widely circulating in the Taiwan press and is based on a study published in The Lancet, the Wuhan coronavirus fatality rate has leaped to 15%, and the infection rate among those exposed is 83%.

It's a very worrying number, but the fatalities are based on those who have been hospitalized, not on the many who have it and are merely really sick and staying home. Chris Martenson explains this in his interview with Mike. He fleshes out a lot of this story, as he has the education to do it. I am going to be following Martenson on this story as he is highly suspicious of government, thinks 911 was an inside job. In my mind, he is the right guy for the job!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Antagenet (30th January 2020), Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), silvanelf (27th January 2020)

5. Link to Post #63
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    From Mike Adams:

Interviews Chris Martenson, a 'survivalist', former VP of Pfizer who has a pHD in toxicology. He knows what he's talking about. It's not all just his opinion.
    Bat to snake to human? Lab manufactured?

One thing... Was the "Spanish Flu" really a viral illness?

The main thing, WASH your hands frequently and keep hands from face...
    I want to share this info too.

Quote Oregano Oil Proves Effective Against Coronavirus
    Tuesday, 01 December 2009 19:00
    By Staff Writer - Vol. 4, No. 4. Winter, 2003

Oil of oregano may prove to be a valuable ally against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).

A recent in vitro study indicates that the essential oil of this medicinal herb can destroy human coronavirus, thought to be the pathogen responsible for SARS, and completely stop its replication within 20 minutes of exposure.

The study was conducted by Dr. M. Khalid Ijaz, of Microbiotest, an independent microbiological testing lab in Sterling, VA. Dr. Ijaz incubated human coronavirus in MRC-5 cell lines with Oreganol P73, an olive-oil preparation of wild oregano, and with Oregacillin, a combination of wild oregano, wild sage, wild cumin and wild cinnamon oils. Both products are made by Physician's Strength/North American Herb and Spice, a company that specializes in medicinal essential oils from the Mediterranean.

The oregano oil alone reduced viral titers from over 5 million particles per ml at baseline, to 167 particles per ml within 15 minutes. At 20 minutes, the titers were down to 150 particles per ml. The Oregacillin combination reduced titers from over 5 million, to 133 particles per ml in 15 minutes. Within 20 minutes, they were reduced to non-detectable levels. The investigators noted that both preparations were able to halt viral replication within the host cells.

The in vitro findings need to be confirmed in human clinical trials, but they are compelling in that they show that oil of oregano, alone and in combination with other essential oils, have unequivocal virucidal and virustatic effects.
    Delight, Strangely, I think Martenson might know more than all of us put together on this topic. It is proven to be a viral illness, as Spanish flu has been. only recently. An Inuit body was reclaimed from thawing permafrost and autopsied. The scientists were able to sequence the virus from bits they found in the preserved carcass.

Oil of oregano may help. Who knows? If people claim they feel better on it and it helps them ward off colds, I'll buy it. I would like to take a look at those clinical trials as well though.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Delight (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), silvanelf (27th January 2020)

7. Link to Post #64
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is what I meant to post, Mike Adams interview with Chris Martenson, introduced by Adam Taggart:

https://www.peakprosperity.com/podcast-everything-we-know-so-far-about-the-coronavirus

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 26th January 2020 at 21:35. Reason: embedded the video

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Delight (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (26th January 2020), silvanelf (27th January 2020), Sunny (27th January 2020)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 times in 340 posts

Part of the problem in China is eating sewage apparently. I can see how it could start and spread in such an area. Also with many of our larger US cities allowing filth to accumulate, like feces on streets etc. The US's main population centers are ripe for such a disease.

https://thedailyclown.weebly.com/chinese****.html

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020)

11. Link to Post #66
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by James Newell (here)
    Part of the problem in China is eating sewage apparently. I can see how it could start and spread in such an area. Also with many of our larger US cities allowing filth to accumulate, like feces on streets etc. The US's main population centers are ripe for such a disease.

https://thedailyclown.weebly.com/chinese****.html
    This is terrible. However, the video describes what is reclamed from the manhole covers is animal fats. Fat rises to the top, so that makes sense. Still super freaking grosse. Thanks for posting this. I couln't link from your link but managed to find the video on that site. It seems to be legitimate. Again....blechhhh. I thought I was pretty much aware of most of the gross practices going on in the world...but apparently not!

Here is link:

https://thedailyclown.weebly.com/chinese****.html Woops that doesn't work either. Do a search for "gutter oil" on youtube. That might work.

Here is a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDfYdsWimyM

From Bill:
    apologies, this is the Avalon auto-censor being a little over-zealous here.

Below is an equivalent link that goes to the same page. Whether "The Daily Clown" is a legitimate news site, I'd not bet too much, but yes, the video might be authentic.

Last edited by AutumnW; 26th January 2020 at 22:35. Reason: THanks, Bill!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), James Newell (27th January 2020), Philippe (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th January 2020)

13. Link to Post #67
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    An article yesterday by Mike Adams from Natural News:
    Mike is often a little sensational, but these appear to be actual numbers — albeit from a small case study:

Coronavirus Hits 15% Fatality Rate, 83% Infection Rate for Those Exposed; Lancet Publishes Early Study That Points to Alarming Consequences for Humanity.

It's a long article, which I'll not copy here. But he points out, quite correctly:
    If the infection rate stands at 83%, this pandemic will be impossible to contain.
    I went to the study that the article links. www.thelancet.com I'm not seeing the same numbers. I don't see the 83% infection rate. If someone with a better medical background can show me where I missed that, I'd really appreciate it!

Also, the 15% mortality rate is among the first 41 people admitted. After that, the number drops to about 3%. "As of Jan 24, 2020, 835 laboratory-confirmed 2019-nCoV infections were reported in China, with 25 fatal cases."

Some things that did jump out at me were:
    the high likelihood of cytokine storm, particularly in the 25-49 age group
    the ineffectiveness of the antivirals and the corticosteroids
    "the ability for efficient human transmission"

and this "No epidemiological link was found between the first patient and later cases."

So far, I'm just not seeing clear evidence that this is indeed as bad or worse than the infamous 1918 flu pandemic. It could be a virus that is just as bad as the flu is pretty much every year. That's not a good thing, but it's not pandemic TEOTWAWKI levels. BUT... it could be.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

AutumnW (26th January 2020), Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), enfoldedblue (27th January 2020), James Newell (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), silvanelf (27th January 2020), Sunny (27th January 2020)

15. Link to Post #68
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

One thing... Was the "Spanish Flu" really a viral illness? -- Delight

"In the 1999 study, the authors succeeded in sequencing the full length HA gene sequence of the 1918 virus. To accomplish this, the authors used RNA fragments of the virus obtained from the bodies of the formerly described 21-year-old Fort Jackson service member, “Lucy” from Brevik Mission, and a third person, a 30-year-old male service member stationed at Camp Upton, New York. This man was admitted to the camp hospital with influenza on September 23, 1918, had a rapid clinical course of illness, and died from acute respiratory failure on September 26, 2018."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...918-virus.html

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Delight (26th January 2020), Kryztian (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th January 2020)

17. Link to Post #69
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    An article yesterday by Mike Adams from Natural News:
    Mike is often a little sensational, but these appear to be actual numbers — albeit from a small case study:

Coronavirus Hits 15% Fatality Rate, 83% Infection Rate for Those Exposed; Lancet Publishes Early Study That Points to Alarming Consequences for Humanity.

It's a long article, which I'll not copy here. But he points out, quite correctly:
    If the infection rate stands at 83%, this pandemic will be impossible to contain.
    I went to the study that the article links. www.thelancet.com I'm not seeing the same numbers. I don't see the 83% infection rate. If someone with a better medical background can show me where I missed that, I'd really appreciate it!

Also, the 15% mortality rate is among the first 41 people admitted. After that, the number drops to about 3%. "As of Jan 24, 2020, 835 laboratory-confirmed 2019-nCoV infections were reported in China, with 25 fatal cases."

Some things that did jump out at me were:
    the high likelihood of cytokine storm, particularly in the 25-49 age group
    the ineffectiveness of the antivirals and the corticosteroids
    "the ability for efficient human transmission"

and this "No epidemiological link was found between the first patient and later cases."

So far, I'm just not seeing clear evidence that this is indeed as bad or worse than the infamous 1918 flu pandemic. It could be a virus that is just as bad as the flu is pretty much every year. That's not a good thing, but it's not pandemic TEOTWAWKI levels. BUT... it could be.
    Rainsong, Welcome to Avalon! If you go to the Chris Martenson podcast I posted, he describes how the first phase of an outbreak is often not the most serious. The second wave, in 5 or 6 months, he estimates, could be much worse. I forget the explanation, something to do with mutation.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (26th January 2020), Sunny (27th January 2020)

19. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

AutumnW, thanks for the welcome, and I just finished the podcast! Pretty sure I've read/heard Chris Martenson before and liked him then, too, but I can't remember from what. Anyhow, I did note what he was saying about waves. They also mentioned the upcoming Super Bowl. And I couldn't help but think that the outbreak has already coincided with Lunar New Year and now that it's spreading, you've got the Super Bowl (and all the travel and the parties that go with it) coming up that could increase transmission.

If this is something that was engineered, the timing is very convenient.

But if you look for waves, I would definitely be watching fall of 2020, which gives people time to do some serious preparing if they're inclined.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

AutumnW (27th January 2020), Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Kryztian (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sunny (27th January 2020)

21. Link to Post #71
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Going by Rife's work, there are more than just two stages to the life cycle of a pathogen (ie.germ, meaning very small).

It is these missing steps that 'modern medicine' or allopathic medicine does not recognize. If the germ is very small these intermediate stages are vanishingly small and require a radically different mode of detection.

So when 'authorities' talk they are already full fledged members of the cult and have long ago succumbed to the dogma. They cannot think outside the norms they have been inculcated with over their many years of 'training'. 'It's the best we got' is what we hear when we ask why a treatment was less than efficacious or why so many get ill from the cure. And why patient x got better but not patient y is far far out of the range of any possible currently acceptable explanation. So we play dice with the populace because 'that's all we got'.

I hope that this newest bug will not slap us in the face with our own ignorance that passes as fact.

Put up your defenses now and do not let the virus affect you and yours! That's the best advice. And no fear. Fear kills the energetic immune response (belief) - the very first line of defense.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

AutumnW (27th January 2020), Bill Ryan (27th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Pam (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020)

23. Link to Post #72
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,480 times in 2,545 posts

One thing... Was the "Spanish Flu" really a viral illness? -- Delight

"In the 1999 study, the authors succeeded in sequencing the full length HA gene sequence of the 1918 virus. To accomplish this, the authors used RNA fragments of the virus obtained from the bodies of the formerly described 21-year-old Fort Jackson service member, “Lucy” from Brevik Mission, and a third person, a 30-year-old male service member stationed at Camp Upton, New York. This man was admitted to the camp hospital with influenza on September 23, 1918, had a rapid clinical course of illness, and died from acute respiratory failure on September 26, 2018."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...918-virus.html
    Interesting article.
    One thing that I would like to see is more time and funds spent on researching and publicizing preventative measures, ie studies on who gets these illnesses, why some are not susceptible, and what exact measure can be taken to build individual immunity and resistance. For example, we read about the effectiveness of keeping vitamin d levels up, but generally there is no publicity or recommendations for this by the health community. Very little is ever recommended to the public, besides get your vaccines, cover your mouth, avoid crowds, wash your hands.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

AutumnW (27th January 2020), Bill Ryan (27th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Delight (27th January 2020), East Sun (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020)

25. Link to Post #73
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ayt,

Delight has pointed out the benefits of rest and optimum diet. The best preventative measure is hand washing and self quarantine, if it gets bad enough. Being under the age of 50, but over the age of 5 helps too--for the 'elderly' who can afford a time machine!

If the virus creates a cytokine storm, those who are most susceptible are those who have the most efficient immune systems...generally known as 'healthy younger people.'
    I wonder if those with auto-immune and other immune disorders are more at risk. With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, the immune system is usually over active. It feels like it's darned near killing you, at the best of times. I would hate to get anything that made my immune system go even more berserk.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Antagenet (30th January 2020), Bill Ryan (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (27th January 2020)

27. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

Ayt,

Delight has pointed out the benefits of rest and optimum diet. The best preventative measure is hand washing and self quarantine, if it gets bad enough. Being under the age of 50, but over the age of 5 helps too--for the 'elderly' who can afford a time machine!

If the virus creates a cytokine storm, those who are most susceptible are those who have the most efficient immune systems...generally known as 'healthy younger people.'
    I wonder if those with auto-immune and other immune disorders are more at risk. With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, the immune system is usually over active. It feels like it's darned near killing you, at the best of times. I would hate to get anything that made my immune system go even more berserk.
    This has suggestions and is a good article to read. H1N1 is not a corona virus but the same principles apply. if this is truly a real event and not just more scare for no reasons, then I would isolate from others. I used to be a nurse and health professionals will not be able to stay away. I read about the flu vaccine being used and that seems like a really bad idea....could trigger an over active immune response.

I am very enthusiastic about preventive oil of oregano and would suggest that for any viral exposure.

Quote Dr. Carol’s Holistic Natural Remedy’s Fight Swine Flu Naturally!
    Certain alternative remedies can act as natural, effective anti-virals. They boost your immune system, decrease the production of toxic cytokines TNF-a and IL-6 and help not only to treat but also to prevent the flu.

Garlic (allicin): Garlic is a very effective antiviral. It is most effective in its raw form and needs to be crushed. It must be consumed within 1 hour of crushing. The initial dose is 2 to 3 cloves daily, and this is gradually decreased until no body odor occurs. There are no toxic effects in people. Pets including dogs and cats should not use this as garlic fed continually leads to a decrease in red blood cell production which results in anemia.
    Vitamin C: Vitamin C boosts the immune system and acts as antiviral by blocking the enzyme neuraminadase. Viruses need neuraminadase to reproduce. There are anecdotal stories of people that took large amounts of Vitamin C and lived through the Spanish Flu pandemic. Vitamin C may also be effective by reducing the body’s natural production of two cytokines, TNF-a and IL-6. Another study also validated the effectiveness of taking Vitamin C when flu is suspected. In this report, a group of 470 people took 1000 milligrams of Vitamin C every hour for six hours in a row, and then took 1000 milligrams of Vitamin C 3 times a day. They experienced an 85% decrease in flu symptoms.
    Green Tea may be used as an alternative to the current anti-viral medications, Tamiflu and Relenza. Green tea catechins act as effective antivirals. They decrease the production of the cytokine TNF-a, inhibit neuraminidase and may have antiviral activity equivalent to other antivirals including Tamiflu.
    St. John’s Wort (Hypericum): St. John’s Wort is an effective antiviral. Hypericum, the active ingredient in St. John’s Wart decreases the production cytokine IL-6. There have also been some promising results with this substance in research trials conducted in commercial flocks of birds infected with the H5N1 strain of the Bird Flu virus conducted in Vietnam.
    Vitamin E: Vitamin E boosts the immune system and decreases the production of cytokine TNF-a.) Studies were conducted in mice and indicate that Vitamin E is very beneficial for people and pets with compromised immune systems, especially in older individuals. The beneficial effects of Vitamin E are enhanced further when it is taken along with Vitamin C.
    Apple Juice: Apple juice demonstrates anti-viral properties. Fresh apple juice along with the pulp and skin offers more antiviral protection than heated commercially available apple juice. More research is needed and its effectiveness toward H5N1 is unknown.
    Resveratrol: Resvertrol has antiviral properties. In addition to inhibiting neuraminidase, Resveratrol also helps to block virus production in the body. Products that contain Resveratrol include red wine, peanuts, mulberries, Japanese Knotwood Root (richest source), raisins and red grapes. Resveratrol supplements are available commercially and are more stable than wine. Liquid forms allow immediate absorption orally. There are no reported toxic side effects in people.
    Scutellaria (Skullcap): Skullcap is an herb used to make tea and has antiviral properties. It has no adverse side effects in people and also acts as a mild tranquilizer. Research suggests that Skullcap may act by inhibiting the enzyme neuraminidase, which is a needed for the H5N1 strain of the Bird Flu virus to reproduce.
    Cranberry Juice: Studies indicate that cranberry juice shows anti-viral activity. Cranberry juice may act by reducing the virus’s ability to invade the body and/or multiply. Its specific effect against the H5N1strain of Bird Flu is unknown.
    Cat’s Claw (Uncaria tomentosa): Cat’s Claw decreases the production of the cytokine TNF-a. It also boosts the immune system. In one study, in which water bark was used, there was an increase in the number of white blood cells, but no toxicity was noted. [Link to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] The leaves, bark, vine, and roots contain the active ingredient which is Uncaria tomentosa. Children and pregnant women should not ingest Cats Claw because it may have a harmful genetic effect, adversely affecting the DNA, in the developing cells of young children and unborn babies. Since this is also a source of aspirin, pets including dogs and cats should not be given Cats Claw. In cats, aspirin cannot be metabolized or broken down and therefore is toxic and may be fatal. In dogs, aspirin can lead to bleeding ulcers of the stomach and intestines.
    Curcumin (Tumeric): Tumeric is the active ingredient in Curcumin. Curcumin is the yellow colored spice used to make curry. Tumeric decreases the production of the cytokine TNF-a. Research indicates that this may help to prevent cytokine storms. Tumeric should be taken with food in order to prevent irritation of the lining of the stomach, called gastritis and/or the development of ulcers in the stomach which are referred to as peptic ulcers. Pregnant and nursing mothers should not take Tumeric. Since curcumin is metabolized very quickly by the liver, it is best to take this along with a substance called “Piperine”, which is found in black pepper. Various health food stores carry Tumeric, already combined with Piperine. The product is available commercially in tablets, liquids and capsules already combined with Piperine. Human dosage is 500mg to 4000mg a day.
    Astragalus root (Astragali Radix): Astragalus root boosts the immune system.
    Tea Tree Steam Inhalation: This reduces the cytokine TNF-a and has been said to help relieve congestion and combat infection.
    Recipe for Tea Tree Steam Inhalation: add 2 drops of tea tree oil to a bowl of steaming water. Cover your head with a towel and inhale for 5 to 10 minutes. Dogs may also safely enjoy the benefits this offers. For canines: place the steaming bowl in your shower or bathroom and enjoy the vapors, along with your dog for 5-10 minutes together. Tea Tree substances including tea tree oil can be toxic to cats and therefore should not be used.
    Natural Remedies and Herbs to Avoid during the Flu Pandemic
    Elderberry Juice (Sambucal): Elderberry juice increases production of cytokines TNF-a and IL-6. This substance is very effective against the common flu but may not be desirable for the H5N1 Bird Flu virus. It increases the production of toxic cytokines which could trigger a fatal cytokine storm.
    Micro Algae: Chlorella and Spirulina: Both of these micro-algae act to increase the body’s natural production of the toxic cytokine TNF-a.
    Honey: Honey increases production of toxic cytokines TNF-a and IL-6.
    Chocolate: Chocolate increases production of both toxic cytokines TNF-a and IL-6. Chocolate contains Theobromide which is toxic to dogs and cats.
    Echinacea: Echinacea increases production of cytokines TNF-a and IL-6. Although this is often beneficial to boost immunity with the common cold and certain strains of flu, research indicates that Echinacea should not be taken during this Flu pandemic because it may increase the risk of cytokine storms.
    Kimchi: Kimchi increases production of both toxic cytokines TNF-a and IL-6 and therefore should not be taken.
    Dairy Products and Bananas: Both dairy products and bananas naturally increase mucous production in the airways and respiratory system and as a result should not be taken.
    Last edited by Delight; 27th January 2020 at 00:39.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Antagenet (30th January 2020), AutumnW (27th January 2020), Bill Ryan (27th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Brightstar (27th January 2020), hohoemi (28th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (27th January 2020), Sunny (27th January 2020)

29. Link to Post #75
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,480 times in 2,545 posts

Ayt,

Yes - I have a bunch of files I saved with various studies about cytokine storm, pneumonia, etc. since the bird-flu scare.
    Yesterday, I saved a study that was done after the SARS scare that had some info as to corona viruses that may be helpful.
    Here are some parts of it that may be relevant:

Quote CAPE and parthenolide, increased mouse survival after infection and was associated with reduced expression of proinflammatory cytokines in the lungs. These drugs showed complementary effects as treatment with both of them increased survival to a higher extent than treatment with either one alone. Therefore, NF-κB inhibitors may be useful antivirals in SARS therapy. Similarly, NF-κB inhibitors may be effective as antivirals against influenza virus

parthenolide = feverfew
    resveratrol
    CAPE = propolis

The NF-κB inhibitors caffeic acid phenethyl ester (CAPE), resveratrol, Bay11-7082, and parthenolide

In addition to the inhibitors used in this study, other inhibitors of the signaling pathway leading to NF-κB activation could be considered to treat SARS patients. For example, inhibitors that (i) block the binding of cytokines to their receptors, such as anti-TNF antibodies, (ii) inhibit IKK activation and function, (iii) interfere with IκB degradation, such as ubiquitination and proteasome inhibitors, and (iv) impede nuclear translocation, DNA binding, and transcriptional activation of NF-κB (reviewed in references 35 and 36) could be assessed.
    https://jvi.asm.org/content/88/2/913

CAPE
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4058104/
    I also started a list of many TNF inhibitors that I searched out.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

AutumnW (27th January 2020), Bill Ryan (27th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Delight (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), Sunny (27th January 2020)

31. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,563 times in 32,726 posts

This is an excellent CNN article, published yesterday.
    What it will take to stop the Wuhan Coronavirus

The author is Laurie Garrett, described as
    A Pulitzer Prize-winning writer and policy analyst, and the author of The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging Diseases in a World Out of Balance.
    She compares the Wuhan coronavirus with SARS. That was contained after 8 months, but only after reaching 37 countries, infecting 8,098 people and killing 774 of them. This new situation seems more out of control already.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th January 2020 at 01:46.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AutumnW (27th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Brightstar (27th January 2020), Kryztian (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (27th January 2020), Sunny (27th January 2020), Yoda (27th January 2020)

33. Link to Post #77
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Great catch, Bill! Thanks. That's going to be a good read!

For anyone wondering about Ayt's post. Here is a description TNF inhibitors. TNF inhibitors are drugs that help stop inflammation. They're used to treat diseases like rheumatoid arthritis (RA), juvenile arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, plaque psoriasis, ankylosing spondylitis, ulcerative colitis (UC), and Crohn's disease. They're also called TNF blockers, biologic therapies, or anti-TNF drugs

For those of us with upgraded immune or auto immune systems, it would be lovely to know how we should respond, should an actual proven and effective vaccine be developed. Any ideas on this you can recommend, Ayt, would be appreciated!
    Last edited by AutumnW; 27th January 2020 at 01:53. Reason: Ayt not Rainsong!

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Kryztian (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (27th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), Sunny (27th January 2020)

35. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

For anyone wondering about Rainsong's post. Here is a description TNF inhibitors. TNF inhibitors are drugs that help stop inflammation.
    Septic shock is, from what I have read, the deadliest complication from viral infection

This is a really good article IMO about strategies we can use to decrease inflammatory response.

Quote How to Inhibit TNF-alpha Naturally
    Written by Joe Cohen, BS | Last updated: January 4, 2020

What is Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF)?
    The three most common inflammatory cytokines that are responsible for chronic inflammatory diseases are Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF), Interleukin-1beta (IL-1b) and Interleukin-6 (IL-6). These are the most commonly talked about cytokines in the literature.

The transcription factor nuclear factor NF-kappaB is also heavily spoken about and these four proteins are what people most likely refer to when they talk about chronic inflammation (whether they are aware of this or not).

TNF can be increased in either Th1 dominance or Th2 dominance.

TNF increases CRP, which is a common blood measurement to gauge inflammation. However, CRP is not sensitive enough to detect lower, but chronic levels of TNF. See my discussion of this in my IL-6 post.

It’s important to realize that you can have TNF elevated locally in areas such as your hypothalamus or gut and it wouldn’t show on blood tests.

Many kinds of cells release TNF and then TNF goes on to stimulate other immune cells.

TNF is released by Macrophages, Dendritic cells, T cells, Fat cells, and Fibroblasts.

TNF then affects various cells. In particular, it will affect cells that line our blood vessels (endothelial cells), which causes vascular problems and this strongly causes cancer, as it causes angiogenesis and increased blood vessel formation (hypervascularization). It can also cause heart disease, kidney disease, and cognitive problems.

TNF negatively affects intestinal cells, causing cell death, leaky gut, IBS, and IBD.

TNF stimulates macrophages and effector T cells, which leads to more inflammatory cytokine production and apoptosis resistance (which contributes to cancer).

Good Things About TNF
    TNF induces sleep and it increases non-rem sleep [1].

Therefore, it’s good to have this elevated somewhat at night when we want to fall asleep. TNF is elevated naturally in healthy people at night time.

The duration of daytime sleep in Alzheimer’s disease correlated with the degree of functional impairment in the patient [2], which is a result of elevated inflammation.

Other examples of daytime sleepiness in chronic inflammatory states are Parkinson’s disease [2], traumatic brain injury (TBI) [2], stroke [2], heart failure [2], and type-2 diabetes [2].

TNF is a direct fat buster, which leads to insulin resistance in fat cells [3], but also insulin resistance in muscle cells [4]. This means that glucose can’t make its way into these cells.

TNF suppresses appetite by suppressing orexin [5, 6, 2].

So high levels of TNF makes you thinner by causing you to eat less and by inhibiting glucose into fat cells.

If you decrease TNF, you will become more hungry and store more fat.

Hence, it’s not surprising that anti-TNF therapy results in weight gain – an average of 5.5kg or 11 pounds in only 12 weeks [7]. It’s incredible that only one variable changed (TNF) and the study participants gained on average 11 pounds.

Low doses of TNF given to mice caused insulin and leptin resistance in the hypothalamus, which should contribute to obesity [8].

Even a relatively low level of TNF decreases aldosterone synthesis in response to ACTH (precursor of cortisol), which increases in response to stress and intense exercise [9]. This can lower blood pressure.

Exercise increases ACTH, which normally tells our body to conserve salt by increasing aldosterone. However, if we have inflammation, then aldosterone production will be limited and if we sweat a lot it can cause low levels of salt in the body.

Bad Things About TNF
    I have already spoken about how I think trying to increase your motivation or mood by hacks, tricks, or by changing your mindset will only increase your neuroticism.

If you have elevated TNF and you bring it down, this will positively affect your mood and motivation.

TNF plays a major role in many diseases and is a cytokine that is a performance killer.

TNF can cause lasting harm by damaging your mitochondria [10].

TNF makes you tired, lowers your mood and decreases cognitive and physical performance by suppressing orexin [5, 6, 2].

Orexin is an extremely important neurotransmitter for many bodily functions.

Orexin performs a number of key roles in memory acquisition and consolidation, as well as in long-term memory reinforcement [2]. Hence, if you have elevated inflammation, it will harm your cognitive performance (also by decreasing BDNF, etc).

TNF can also lower thyroid hormones, causing ‘low T3 syndrome’ [11]. It can also lower testosterone (trended, but not significant) [12].

TNF slows wound healing, which means you’ll need more time to recover from exercise/injuries. [13, 14].

TNF can induce a ‘leaky gut’ [15].

Chronically elevated TNF-alpha can also disturb the circadian rhythm and cause fatigue in the day [2].

TNF can keep you from getting into ketosis [16].

When your natural skin fungus gets out of control, the body attacks it with cytokines that include TNF (also IL-6, IL-1b, IL-8), which recruits other aspects of the immune system [17].

Diseases Associated With TNF-alpha
    Autoimmune disease: in general [18], Multiple Sclerosis [19], Behcet’s [20], SLE [21], Scleroderma [22], Sarcoidosis [22], Hidradenitis suppurativa [23], Ankylosing spondylitis [23], Erythema nodosum leprosum [24]
    Heart disease [25] – Heart failure [26], Atherosclerosis [26], Stroke [27]
    Cancer in general [28], Melanoma [18]
    Insulin Resistance [29], Diabetes II [30]
    Alzheimer’s [31], Parkinson’s [22], ALS [32]
    Major Depression [33] – Depressed people had TNF levels that were about 3.97 pg/ml higher than healthy people [34].
    IBS [35, 36], Crohn’s/Ulcerative Colitis [37]
    Rheumatoid Arthritis [23]
    Osteoporosis [26]
    Psoriasis [23], Eczema [22]
    Asthma [22], COPD [38]. TNF stimulates various molecules which recruit eosinophils, neutrophils, and lymphocytes to the airway. TNF can induce corticosteroid resistance [39].
    OCD – only sometimes [40], Schizophrenia [33], Bipolar [41, 42], Anorexia [43]
    PCOS [44] – TNF shifts production of cortisol to testosterone, hence causing PCOS [45].
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome [46], Fibromyalgia [47] – contradictory [48].
    Others: Tinnitus [49], Epilepsy [22], Cystic Fibrosis [50], Chemotherapy-induced neuropathy [51], Diabetic Neuropathy [52], Chronic liver disease [53], Fatty Liver [22]
    The Most Significant Factors That Influence TNF
    The two main factors that cause elevated TNF, if I had to guess, are lectins [54] and obesity [55], since fat cells produce TNF. If we ate less, a lot of people’s inflammation problems would disappear.

Other likely causes are sleep deprivation [56] and high blood glucose levels [57] from eating too much, especially high glycemic index foods.

Other common factors are a lack of exercise [58], excess alcohol [59], smoking [60], and not enough fruits and veggies [61].

UV acutely increases TNF [62, 63, 64] (but eventually downregulates it). This is the likely reason why some people experience fatigue from sunbathing.

Recent research indicates that TNF is potently inhibited by exercise (specifically, myokines or proteins produced by the muscles such as IL-6) [65]. However, excessive exercise or Marathons will elevate TNF [66].

An infection can also elevate TNF. Bacterial (rather than viral) infections are more likely if you have elevated TNF [67].

TNF-alpha Increasers
    Oxidative stress – TNF activity is dependent on the generation of ROS [68].
    Lectins – For people who are lectin sensitive (perhaps a quarter of the population)
    Sun – Both UVA and UVB, which are emitted by the sun, acutely increase TNF-alpha [62, 63, 64]. I still support sun exposure.
    Excessive exercise/Marathons [66]
    Sleep deprivation [56]
    Chronic insomnia – in the day time [69].
    Obesity [55]
    High glucose levels [57] – usually because of high glycemic index foods [70].
    A lack of exercise [58]
    A lack of resistant starch [71]
    Circadian disruption [72]
    Excess alcohol [59]
    Smoking [60]
    A high-fat diet (especially palmitic acid [73] – this doesn’t mean to eat a low-fat diet) [74].
    A lack of foods like fruits and vegetables, which contain phytochemicals that inhibit TNF and other kinds of inflammation [61].
    Heavy metals [75]
    Some toxins [76]
    Magnesium deficiency [77]
    Zinc deficiency [78]
    Vitamin D deficiency [79, 80, 81]
    Chromium deficiency [82]
    Choline Deficiency [83] – People who consumed more than 360 mg per day had a 12% lower concentrations of TNF than those who consumed less.
    Coffee – Coffee drinkers had an average of 28% higher TNF, but maybe people with high TNF are tired, so they’re more likely to drink coffee. I got inflammation from it.
    Goji Berries [84], Aloe – (in cancer cells) [85], Reishi [86] – decreases if high [87], Andrographis [85], Apismin – found in honey and royal jelly [88]. (I once took 20X the dosage of royal jelly and got fever from it). Arabinogalactan – [88].
    Vasopressin [89], IGF-1 [90], Angiotensin II [91].
    TNF-alpha Inhibitors
    Joe’s Top ways to Inhibit TNF alpha
    Vagus nerve stimulation [92]
    Ketosis [93]
    Acute psychological stress [94] and Glucocorticoids/Cortisol [95] (not recommended)
    Calorie restriction [96]
    Yoga [97]
    Tai Chi [98]
    Wim Hof Breathing/Meditation [99]
    Cycling [98]
    Mediterranean diet [100]
    Elemental diet for lectin sensitive [101].
    Napping after sleep loss [102].
    Falling in love, having sex, nursing, and positive social encounters. All of these lead to increased oxytocin [103]. L Reuteri also increases oxytocin [104].
    LLLT [105, 106, 107]
    Elemental diet [101]/ Lectin avoidance diet if lectin sensitive
    Fish Oil/DHA+EPA [108]
    Fasting [109]
    Exercise
    PQQ [110]
    Curcumin [111, 112]
    EGCG [113]
    Cinnamon/Sodium Benzoate [114, 115]
    Black Cumin Seed Oil [116]
    Rooibos [117]
    Carob [118]
    Nicotinamide Riboside NAD+ [119]
    Kombucha/Lactic acid [120]
    Hops (xanthohumol) [121]
    Introduction to TNF Regulation
    Since TNF is one factor that makes us tired at night, I recommend taking most supplements in the day time.

All of the products that are not drugs are in my toolkit unless there’s a star next to it.

The vast majority of herbs and natural products inhibit TNF, IL-1b, IL-6, and NF-kB to one degree or another.

There are drugs that target TNF (monoclonal antibodies). They are effective and should be taken if all else fails and if they are indicated for your condition (with the approval of your doctor). You’d also want to measure your blood levels of TNF before you take these drugs.

The biggest problem with inhibiting TNF too much is that you become more susceptible to infections – and when you do get sick it’s more dangerous.

When researchers tried to give drugs to inhibit TNF and IL-1b together, they had to stop the trials because people started to get sick very easily. The supplements are not as strong, so there’s not much concern here. Also, when herbs inhibit TNF, they are simultaneously acting as antimicrobials, which prevents you from getting infections to begin with (or activating latent infections).

If you take multiple supplements and combine them with diet and lifestyle, the effect should be significant, but I haven’t noticed an increase in infections on myself.

Diet And Lifestyle To Inhibit TNF
    One study found no difference in IL-6 or TNF in people who ate whole grains vs refined grains for 12 weeks [122]. However, I’ve come across many studies that do show a reduction in inflammation with legume consumption [123, 124] – but obviously not for lectin sensitive people.

Interestingly, in men, red meat was associated with lower TNF (but was correlated with CRP in women) [125].

Foods To Inhibit TNF
    Sardines (the protein in it) [126]
    Cinnamon/Sodium Benzoate
    Nutritional Yeast/B-glucans [127, 128] – found in mushrooms.
    Stevia [129, 130]
    Honey [131]
    Chocolate /Coffee – PDE inhibitors such as xanthines, caffeine, and theophylline
    Trehalose [132, 133]
    Garlic [134]
    Fish Oil [135]
    Dates [136, 137]
    Blueberries/Berries/Cyanidin-3-O-β-glucoside (C3G) – typical anthocyanin found in blackcurrant pomace, European elderberry, red raspberries, plum, peach, lychee, and açaí [138].
    Sulforaphane/Broccoli Sprouts/Cruciferous Veggies [139]
    Soy [140]
    Betalain/Beets [141]
    Kamut [142]
    Coriander [143]
    Tamarind [144]
    Slippery elm [145]
    Dandelion [146]
    Hormones
    Cortisol [147]
    MSH [148]
    ACTH [148]
    Oxytocin [149]
    Adiponectin [150]
    Melatonin [151]
    Vitamin D3 [152]
    Progesterone (Pregnenolone converts to it) [153]
    Estrogen (Pregnenolone converts to it) [154]
    DHEA [155]
    Ghrelin [156]
    Neurotransmitters
    Serotonin [157]
    Acetylcholine [158]
    Top Supplements To Inhibit TNF
    Inositol [159, 160] – also see picture above
    Boswellia [161]
    Nicotinamide [119]
    EGCG [162]
    Hydroxytyrosol [163]
    Licorice [164], LicoA [165], Glycyrrhizin [166]
    Luteolin [167]
    Andrographolide [168]
    Fisetin [169]
    Resveratrol [170]
    Other Supplements To Inhibit TNF
    Bile [171]
    Lactoferrin [172]
    Glycine [173]
    Chromium [174]
    Sialic Acid [175, 176]
    Arginine [177]
    Bromelain [178]
    Berberine [179, 160]
    Apple polyphenols [180]
    Silymarin [181]
    Honokiol [182]
    Chinese Skullcap [183]/Baicalin [184]
    Ginkgo [185]
    Hespderidin [186]
    Carnosine [187]
    Phytosterols [188]
    Tart Cherry [189]
    Astaxanthin [190]
    Astragalus [191]
    Probiotics/B. coagulans [192]
    Cat’s claw [193]
    Artemisinin [194]
    Carnitine [195]
    Genistein [196]
    Amla/Indian Gooseberry [197]
    CoQ10 [198]
    Magnolol [199]
    Echinacea [200]
    Chaga/Betulin [201]
    Bitter melon [202]
    Mastic gum [203]
    Oxymatrine [204]
    Red clover [205]
    Glucosamine [206]
    Quercetin [169]
    Rutin [169]
    Myricetin [169]
    Ashwagandha
    Chrysin [207]
    Mannose? [208]
    Forskolin [209]
    Molecular Hydrogen [210]
    Histidine [211]
    Antler velvet [212]
    Emodin [213].
    Danshen [214]/TanshioneII [215]
    Agmatine + Zymosan [216]
    Mercury – Low levels [217]
    Mud therapy [218]
    Drugs That Inhibit TNF
    Cannabis/THC/Marijuana/Pot [219, 220]
    Low Dose Naltrexone – LDN [221]
    Metformin [222]
    Red Yeast Rice/Statins [223]
    MDMA [224]
    Psychedelics/Hallucinogens, via 5-HT2A agonism (extremely potent) [225]. These include: Magic mushrooms (psilocybin, the psychedelic) [226], LSD[227], DOI [227], DMT [228], Ayahuasca [228] and Mescaline [229]
    Cocaine [230]
    Allegra/Fexofenadine [231]
    Mizolastine (antihistamine) [231]
    Bupropion (drug, Wellbutrin) [232]
    Rapamycin [233] longevity drug.
    Thalidomide and analogs [24] (Drug)
    Monoclonal antibodies are obviously the strongest: infliximab (Remicade), adalimumab (Humira), certolizumab pegol (Cimzia), and golimumab (Simponi), etanercept (Enbrel).
    Pathways To Inhibit TNF
    Delta-opioid receptor activation [234]
    ACE inhibitors (drugs and most herbs are) [91]
    PPARy [235]
    HDAC inhibitors (Butyrate) [236]
    Elevated TNF and Chronic Infection
    It’s possible that TNF is activated by a chronic infection. An infection can also cause lectin sensitivity. Many of the herbs should help here, but in some cases, antibiotics are more useful.

Antibiotics like doxycycline should be explored as a last resort. While Doxycycline might not work and may have some side effects, at least it has some potential benefits. Doxycycline is a nootropic, where it increases neurogenesis and reduces microglia in the hippocampus (memory center) [237] and has been found to extend worm lifespans [238]. Minocycline also increases neurogenesis in adults [239] and lifespan in flies [240].

Genetic Influences on TNF
    What SNPs Are Involved in TNF?
    The reason why some people produce TNF more than others is at least partially as a result of genetic predisposition.

Here are the SNPS in the TNF gene that influence this cytokine’s production on SelfDecode, a program that analyzes and decodes your genetics.

RS1041981 (TNF)
    RS1799724 (TNF)
    RS1799724 (TNF)
    RS1799964 (TNF)
    RS1800629 (TNF)
    RS1800630 (TNF)
    RS1800750 (TNF)
    RS2229094 (TNF)
    RS2844484 (TNF)
    RS3093662 (TNF)
    RS3093665 (TNF)
    RS3093726 (TNF)
    RS361525 (TNF)
    RS673 (TNF)
    RS909253 (TNF)
    Check more information about TNF on SelfDecode
    Evolutionary Reason For Different TNF-alpha Levels
    In different environments, different genes are better for survival. For example, higher levels of TNF help prevent a tuberculosis (TB) infection [241] and other infections. The microbe that caused the plague was able to decrease TNF [242], contributing to its deadliness. We might not think of this as significant, but in our history, it mattered quite a bit.

With better hygiene and antibiotics and the desire for longer life, people with genes that cause elevated TNF are at a disadvantage in the modern era, even though it would’ve been useful in the past.

Skeletal remains show prehistoric humans from 4000 BC had TB, and researchers have found tuberculosis in the spines of Egyptian mummies dating from 3000-2400 BC. In Europe, rates of tuberculosis began to rise in the early 1600s to a peak level in the 1800s, when it caused nearly 25% of all deaths. By 1918, one in six deaths in France was still caused by TB [243].

In the year 588 AD, the Plague of Justinian (caused by the bacteria, Yersinia) killed as many as 100 million people across the world. It caused Europe’s population to drop by around 50% between 541 and 700 (244).

From 1347 to 1351, the Black Death (also caused by Yersinia) swept through Asia, Europe, and Africa. It may have reduced the world’s population from 450 million to between 350 and 375 million. China lost around half of its population, from around 123 million to around 65 million; Europe around 1/3 of its population, from about 75 million to about 50 million; and Africa approximately 1/8 of its population, from around 80 million to 70 million. The plague kept killing huge swaths of Europe’s population until the late 1700s and also affected China and the Islamic world, but seemingly less so (244).

Want More Targeted Ways to Combat Inflammation?
    If you’re interested in natural and more targeted ways of lowering your inflammation, we at SelfHacked recommend checking out this inflammation wellness report. It gives genetic-based diet, lifestyle and supplement tips that can help reduce inflammation levels. The recommendations are personalized based on your genes.

SelfDecode is a sister company of SelfHacked. The proceeds from your purchase of this product are reinvested into our research and development, in order to serve you better. Thank you for your support.

About the Author
    Joe Cohen, BS
    Joe Cohen, BS
    Joe Cohen won the genetic lottery of bad genes. As a kid, he suffered from inflammation, brain fog, fatigue, digestive problems, anxiety, depression, and other issues that were poorly understood in both conventional and alternative medicine.Frustrated by the lack of good information and tools, Joe decided to embark on a journey of self-experimentation and self-learning to improve his health--something that has since become known as “biohacking”. With thousands of experiments and pubmed articles under his belt, Joe founded SelfHacked, the resource that was missing when he needed it. SelfHacked now gets millions of monthly readers.Joe is a thriving entrepreneur, author and speaker. He is the CEO of SelfHacked, SelfDecode and LabTestAnalyzer.His mission is to help people gain access to the most up-to-date, unbiased, and science-based ways to optimize their health.
    Joe has been studying health sciences for 17 years and has read over 30,000 PubMed articles. He's given consultations to over 1000 people who have sought his health advice. After completing the pre-med requirements at university, he founded SelfHacked because he wanted to make a big impact in improving global health. He's written hundreds of science posts, multiple books on improving health, and speaks at various health conferences. He's keen on building a brain-trust of top scientists who will improve the level of accuracy of health content on the web. He's also founded SelfDecode and LabTestAnalyzer, popular genetic and lab software tools to improve health.
    Quote Curcumin: an orally bioavailable blocker of TNF and other pro-inflammatory biomarkers
    Bharat B Aggarwal, Subash C Gupta, and Bokyung Sung

Abstract
    TNFs are major mediators of inflammation and inflammation-related diseases, hence, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the use of blockers of the cytokine, TNF-α, for the treatment of osteoarthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, psoriasis and ankylosis. These drugs include the chimeric TNF antibody (infliximab), humanized TNF-α antibody (Humira) and soluble TNF receptor-II (Enbrel) and are associated with a total cumulative market value of more than $20 billion a year. As well as being expensive ($15 000–20 000 per person per year), these drugs have to be injected and have enough adverse effects to be given a black label warning by the FDA. In the current report, we describe an alternative, curcumin (diferuloylmethane), a component of turmeric (Curcuma longa) that is very inexpensive, orally bioavailable and highly safe in humans, yet can block TNF-α action and production in in vitro models, in animal models and in humans. In addition, we provide evidence for curcumin's activities against all of the diseases for which TNF blockers are currently being used. Mechanisms by which curcumin inhibits the production and the cell signalling pathways activated by this cytokine are also discussed. With health-care costs and safety being major issues today, this golden spice may help provide the solution.
    Last edited by Delight; 27th January 2020 at 01:59.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Antagenet (30th January 2020), AutumnW (27th January 2020), Bill Ryan (27th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (28th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (27th January 2020), Sunny (27th January 2020)

37. Link to Post #79
    Australia Avalon Member
    In the hills above the sea in Victoria. My off-grid paradise.
    Thanks

Dear Baby Steps.
    Thank you for an excellent post re the virus. This is why Avalon Forum is my go-to for what's really going on. Well done.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meryl For This Post:

Antagenet (30th January 2020), Bill Ryan (27th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (28th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020)

39. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

She compares the Wuhan coronavirus with SARS. That was contained after 8 months, but only after reaching 37 countries, infecting 8,098 people and killing 774 of them. This new situation seems more out of control already.
    Speaking of SARS: "The SARS virus has escaped from high-level containment facilities in Beijing multiple times"

https://www.nature.com/news/inside-t...hogens-1.21487

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th January 2020), bluestflame (27th January 2020), Philippe (27th January 2020), pyrangello (27th January 2020), Sadieblue (28th January 2020), Sarah Rainsong (27th January 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst 1 4 14 54 104 154 LastLast