1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: Covid-19 Treatment and Prevention

Quote Posted by Whisper (here)
    I usually do hot lemon water with a spoon honey inside....and zinc does boost the immune system....

but I will see how the Wim Hof breathing technique works to stop a virus.....
    Yes, zinc has been clinically shown to reduce the length of colds (maybe flu as well.) But I got some information from a bright neurologist recently about taking zinc. The human body needs zinc, and it needs copper. When both copper and zinc are present, zinc always "wins" (gets into cells), and copper is excluded. This can cause neurological problems. I had been taking a daily zinc supplement, but now think of zinc as a required element that should only be taken sporadically (or maybe alternating zinc and copper.)

Kudos to you for embracing Wim Hof's methods. I personally wouldn't make it my only modality (like he did when they injected him with some altered flu virus), but my gut instinct is that it will be a very major, very powerful tool in your arsenal.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Agape (15th February 2020), Antagenet (15th February 2020), Bill Ryan (15th February 2020), EFO (15th February 2020), Franny (15th February 2020), Pam (18th February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (15th February 2020), Sunny (15th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

I think people should pay attention to Chris Martenson

Will mushrooms be the way to down regulate a cytokine storm?

Antiinflammatory and Immunomodulating Properties of Fungal Metabolites
    Cristina Lull, Harry J. Wichers, and Huub F. J. Savelkoul

Quote What Are Chaga Mushrooms and Are They Healthy?
    HealthlineFeb. 28, 2019

Chaga mushrooms have been used for centuries in Siberia and other parts of Asia as a medicine to boost immunity and improve overall health (1).

Though ugly in appearance, the chaga mushroom is gaining popularity in the Western world for its potential health benefits.

What's more, a cup of tea made from chaga is packed with antioxidants.

However, consumption of this special mushroom may come with some risks.

This article examines the uses, benefits and potential side effects of chaga mushrooms.

What Are Chaga Mushrooms?
    Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) is a type of fungus that grows mainly on the bark of birch trees in cold climates, such as Northern Europe, Siberia, Russia, Korea, Northern Canada and Alaska.

Chaga is also known by other names, such as black mass, clinker polypore, birch canker polypore, cinder conk and the sterile conk trunk rot (of birch).

Chaga produces a woody growth, or conk, which looks similar to a clump of burnt charcoal — roughly 10–15 inches (25–38 centimeters) in size. However, the inside reveals a soft core with an orange color.

For centuries, chaga has been used as a traditional medicine in Russia and other Northern European countries, mainly to boost immunity and overall health.

It has also been used to treat diabetes, certain cancers and heart disease (1).

Traditionally, chaga was grated into a fine powder and brewed as an herbal tea.

Nowadays, it's not only available as a tea but also as a powdered or capsuled supplement. The tea may feature chaga alone or in combination with other mushrooms, such as cordyceps.

Taking chaga with either warm or cold water is believed to release its medicinal properties.

Keep in mind that reliable information on chaga's nutritional content is extremely limited.

That said, they're low in calories, very high in fiber and loaded with antioxidants (2, 3).

Summary

Chaga mushroom is a fungus that grows primarily on birch trees in cold climates. With an appearance similar to burnt charcoal, it has been harvested for centuries as a traditional medicine.

Potential Health Benefits
    Though research is ongoing, some scientific studies indicate that chaga extract may provide certain health benefits.

Boosts Your Immune System and Fights Inflammation
    Inflammation is a natural response of your immune system that can protect against disease. However, long-term inflammation is linked to conditions like heart disease and rheumatoid arthritis (4).

Animal and test-tube studies suggest that chaga extract can positively impact immunity by reducing long-term inflammation and fighting harmful bacteria and viruses.

By promoting the formation of beneficial cytokines — specialized proteins that regulate the immune system — chaga stimulates white blood cells, which are essential for fighting off harmful bacteria or viruses (5, 6).

As a result, this mushroom could help fight infections — from minor colds to serious illnesses.

Additionally, other animal and test-tube studies demonstrate that chaga can prevent the production of harmful cytokines, which trigger inflammation and are associated with disease (5, 7).

For example, in a study in mice, chaga extract reduced inflammation and gut damage by inhibiting inflammatory cytokines (8).

Prevents and Fights Cancer
    Several animal and test-tube studies show that chaga can prevent and slow cancer growth (9).

In a study in mice with cancer, chaga supplements resulted in a 60% reduction in tumor size (10).

In a test-tube study, chaga extract prevented the growth of cancer in human liver cells. Similar results were observed with cancer cells of the lung, breast, prostate and colon (11, 12, 13, 14).

It's thought that the anticancer effect of chaga is partly due to its high content of antioxidants, which protect cells from damage by free radicals (15).

In particular, chaga contains the antioxidant triterpene. Test-tube studies reveal that very concentrated triterpene extract can help kill cancer cells (15).

Keep in mind that human studies are needed in order to make strong conclusions about chaga's anticancer potential.

Lowers Blood Sugar
    Several animal studies link chaga to lower blood sugar levels. Therefore, it may help manage diabetes (16, 17).

A recent study in obese, diabetic mice observed that chaga extract reduced blood sugar levels and insulin resistance compared to diabetic mice who did not receive the supplement (18).

In another study in diabetic mice, chaga supplements led to a 31% decrease in blood sugar levels over three weeks (17).

Similar results have been seen in other studies (19, 20).

However, as human research is unavailable, it's unclear whether chaga can help manage diabetes in humans.

Lowers Cholesterol
    Chaga extract may also benefit cholesterol levels, reducing your risk of heart disease.

In an eight-week study in rats with high cholesterol, chaga extract reduced "bad" LDL cholesterol, total cholesterol and triglycerides while increasing antioxidant levels (21).

Similar studies gave the same results and observed that — in addition to reducing "bad" LDL cholesterol — chaga increases "good" HDL cholesterol (17, 18).

Researchers believe that the antioxidants present in chaga are responsible for its effects on cholesterol.

Again, more research in humans is needed to clearly understand chaga's cholesterol impact.

Summary

Animal and test-tube studies found that chaga extract may boost immunity, prevent chronic inflammation, fight cancer, lower blood sugar levels and reduce cholesterol. However, more human studies are needed.

Safety and Side Effects
    Chaga is generally well-tolerated. However, no human studies have been conducted to determine its safety or appropriate dosage.

In fact, chaga can interact with some common medications, causing potentially harmful effects.

For example, chaga could pose risks for people on insulin or those with diabetes due to its impact on blood sugar.

Chaga also contains a protein that can prevent blood clotting. Therefore, if you are on blood-thinning medications, have a bleeding disorder or are preparing for surgery, consult with your doctor before taking chaga (22).

Though some research shows that chaga may help reduce inflammation, it may also cause your immune system to become more active. Thus, people with autoimmune diseases should seek medical advice before taking chaga.

There is no research on the safety of chaga for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Therefore, the safest option is to avoid use.

Finally, remember to buy supplements from reputable sources, as chaga is not monitored by the FDA.

Summary

No studies have analyzed the safety or appropriate dosage of chaga. Unwanted side effects could occur if you have a bleeding disorder or autoimmune disease, take blood thinners or are pregnant or breastfeeding.

The Bottom Line
    For centuries, people have used chaga mushrooms for medicinal purposes.

Packed with antioxidants, chaga mushroom is available in tea or supplement form.

Its extract may fight cancer and improve immunity, chronic inflammation, blood sugar and cholesterol levels.

Still, human studies are needed to confirm these benefits and to determine its safety, side effects and optimal dosage.

If you're interested in trying chaga mushroom tea or supplement but have concerns about side effects or possible interactions with medications your taking, talk to your doctor first.

Reposted with permission from our media associate Healthline.
    Last edited by Delight; 15th February 2020 at 07:05.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Agape (15th February 2020), Antagenet (15th February 2020), Bill Ryan (15th February 2020), EFO (15th February 2020), Franny (15th February 2020), muxfolder (22nd March 2020), Pam (18th February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (15th February 2020), Sunny (15th February 2020)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

This information comes from a local M.D.
    A friend told me that she knows many people who used this procedure to quickly rid themselves of respiratory infections.

For colds, flu, and respiratory illnesses:

Purchase a cool mist, ultrasonic humidifier and several pint bottles of 3% hydrogen peroxide at local pharmacy. (COOL MIST IS CRITICAL AND IS HARD TO FIND....TARGET USUALLY HAS THEM. DO NOT USE A WARM MIST HUMIDIFIER)

Into the reservoir of the humidifier, pour the entire contents of one pint bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide.

Next, pour two pints of water into the reservoir of the humidifier which results in a 1% solution of hydrogen peroxide.

Set up the ultrasound humidifier by your bedside or wherever you are resting and breathe in deeply the cool vapors for several hours.

This will help your immune system fight the viral, bacterial, and/or fungal infection in your sinuses, throat and lungs. Your white blood immune cells actually use little, intracellular packets filled with hydrogen peroxide, called peroxisomes, to effectively fight off infectious pathogens.

Note: Children's coolmist humidifiers that have animal decals are usually cheaper than the conservative Adult cold mist humidifiers!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Antagenet (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (22nd February 2020), Olam (16th February 2020), onevoice (16th February 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (16th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (16th February 2020), Sunny (16th February 2020)

7. Link to Post #84
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Colloidal Silver may be another path to treat the virus.
    Dr Mercola offered his opinion years ago in this Project Avalon post/thread Link
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 17th February 2020 at 01:48.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Anka (17th February 2020), Antagenet (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (17th February 2020), Dennis Leahy (17th February 2020), EFO (17th February 2020), Franny (17th February 2020), Pam (18th February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (17th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (17th February 2020)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,525 times in 32,788 posts

My friend Patrick Coady, the best naturopath I've ever come across, has sent me this document.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (17th February 2020), Antagenet (6th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (17th February 2020), EFO (17th February 2020), enigma3 (4th September 2021), Franny (17th February 2020), gini (12th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), Pam (18th February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (17th February 2020), Sadieblue (17th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th February 2020), Trisher (20th February 2020), Yoda (18th February 2020)

11. Link to Post #86
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

I have been a daily consumer of Chaga for years. I rarely get sick. Just be careful where you get it from. Chaga grows on Birch trees but it is sold on the internet from places that grow it in sawdust. I get mine in the raw form and then pound it with a hammer to a powder. I add it to my daily cup of coffee.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Anka (17th February 2020), Antagenet (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (17th February 2020), Delight (17th February 2020), EFO (17th February 2020), Franny (17th February 2020), Pam (18th February 2020), Sadieblue (17th February 2020)

13. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

At this point , with what we all know here so far, what would be your protocol should you suspect you have this virus?

I have recently picked up Anti V formula with Echinamide soft gels by natural factors. And VirAttack immune support bottle and dropper form by herb pharm.

As of now , I would take these two along with oil of oregano and colloidal silver , drinking plenty of filtered water as I go

I have an oil of oregano soap which is pretty potent and washing my hands with this every day when I return home. Keeping my fingers out of my eyes and mouth when out and keeping a healthy and positive attitude with all. I bought a good thermometer to have in the house as well.
    i will only begin this should I show a fever and don't feel well

any suggestion to add, or adjustment I should make ? I'm assuming nothing is going to stop this and it will be a pandemic .

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Antagenet (21st February 2020), Bill Ryan (18th February 2020), EFO (18th February 2020), Pam (18th February 2020), Sadieblue (18th February 2020)

15. Link to Post #88
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

I think the biggest thing to remember going into fly season every year is that the season actually starts when the last flu season finishes.

Building immunity and making your body a place where viruses and troublesome bacteria won’t thrive is a long term process. It takes months to elevate Vitamin D levels in the bloodstream to a sufficient level, and it takes continual monitoring and dosing to keep it there, especially if you live up north!

Proper sleep and distress management helps control a variety of hormonal, muscular, glymphatic, lymphatic, and other processes that all compound and work synergistically to make the body better suited to nullify foreign invaders - and more importantly - not “freak out” and cause an autoimmune cascade of even worse issues than the sniffles. Suppressing (corticosteroids) or ramping up the immune system (mycelium, etc...) temporarily can sometimes have the same effect in the long run.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to James For This Post:

Antagenet (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (18th February 2020), EFO (18th February 2020), Franny (21st February 2020), Pam (18th February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Ron Mauer Sr (18th February 2020), Sadieblue (18th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th February 2020)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

As I mentioned before, I was in Amsterdam last week for the ISE convention, the biggest international electronic show in the world. I met hundreds of people from everywhere and yes, shook many hands. All was well when I came back Sunday, only to wake up Monday morning with a very very bad feeling body. It's clear to me that I caught something and it's amazingly strong. I literally felt invaded, I could feel the virus multiplying every second.
    I have to say, my body is very resiliant and have not been sick in ages. This time though, I took a huge blow, very impressive.
    This being said, I "fixed" it in 2 days...
    Prior to the trip I had taken 10,000 mg of vitamin C as prevention and I'm sure it helped much.
    Starting Monday morning, I upped the dose to 20,000 mg a day and also took 20,000 UI of vitamin D.
    Added to this I also upped my Omega 3 dose to 2000 mg a day and Magnesium to 500mg a day.
    I also took much Oregano oil under the tongue to remove the itch, that worked great and so I had no cough.
    No fever all thru this challenge.

I am now on day 3 and I feel great!
    I can't say that I'm done, but I can't complain as I have no symptoms apart from being tired.

I also can't say if it was THE virus or just a regular version, but I have to say that it was very nasty.
    I will continue the protocol above, kill em all viruses, down to the very last little bugger...

I hope this can help others, the mega doses of vit C and D do work.
    I had read about how certain doctors treat cancer with even bigger doses of C and D and so I knew I could try it out.

Let's see where this goes, but I'm confident that I can take back my body and move on to other things!

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Agape (22nd February 2020), Antagenet (21st February 2020), Bill Ryan (19th February 2020), EFO (19th February 2020), Franny (21st February 2020), onevoice (19th February 2020), Pam (19th February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (19th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (19th February 2020), Sue (Ayt) (22nd February 2020), sunflower (19th February 2020), Sunny (20th February 2020), thepainterdoug (19th February 2020)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

This is a tad off topic, but it shows the power of oil of oregano and iodine so I am going to share it. Every once in awhile I will get a cold sore and they can get pretty nasty.I could tell this was going to be a bad one. In my recent research on oil of oregano I read that if you apply oil of oregano to the site when you first get the tingling sign of a cold sore it will stop it. I applied oil of oregano and some iodine for good measure and massaged it into the skin. When I woke up this morning the cold sore was stopped in its track. I wish I had known about this years ago. Oil of Oregano is the real deal for doubters.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Antagenet (21st February 2020), Bill Ryan (19th February 2020), EFO (19th February 2020), Franny (22nd February 2020), Olam (19th February 2020), onevoice (19th February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (19th February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (19th February 2020), Sunny (20th February 2020), thepainterdoug (19th February 2020)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Something differential came on my mind yesterday concerning origin of the coronavirus. Can’t really discard the option completely even if it sounds half delirious neither I’m contesting any prevailing theories of the viruses origin.
    Most of our local Himalayan community already believe it’s some kind of mysterious super weapon, anyway.

What occurred to me was a connection to the burning bush and wildfires in Australia. The fires were huge. I don’t know even the numbers out of my head but I’m sure they were visible from the International Space Station.
    Acres of bush burnt with most of animals within them. The heat had to force snakes and all the rest of underground dwellers out of their holes. So much of the wild life burnt. Though it seems that koalas were on the wild market menu in Wuhan alongside other creatures.
    Yeah got me right, the clouds of smoke had to reach quite high in the atmosphere and disperse.

Australian summer coincides with the beginning of our winter that’s when people started dying out of sudden.

Dr Yeshi Dondhen , Tibetan most famous doctor, cancer expert, former physician of the Dalailama passed away after developing sudden respiratory difficulties, at 2.53 AM on November 26, 2019. He was 93 true but he was in excellent health. It was a shock for the community since it all happened overnight.

Nextly, similar case occurred on December 30th 2019, with sudden passing of Garje Khamthul Rinpoche who was a senior tutor of H.H.Dalailamas, Karmapas and many Nyigma ( old school) lamas , held by great respect for his master ship of inner yogas as well as scholarly accomplishments,
    Rinpoche passed out to the final samadhi state after developing sudden respiratory difficulties.

There seemed to be severe virosis going through and around at Xmas, long before Chinese media announced the outbreak. I’m not saying it was the coronavirus but could have been another one, certainly something new.

It felt really badly for about 3 or 4 days to a week, depending on your overall condition I guess. Coupled with any other issues one may have had it certainly caused restricted breathing, gasping for breath and extreme fatigue among else.

Almost everyone got it and each person it seems had slightly different symptoms.

I repeat I’m not saying it was Covid-19 but it was something new and unusual.

Friend in the UK was hit by what he described as severe hit of flu at exactly the same time.

So we have talked about viruses and the danger precognitively at that time.

The problem with any new viruses is that vital response depends on how strong or smart is our immunity system is, there is no way to test them all or get ready.
    There are ways to keep yourself well and golden rules of cleanliness and purity and reducing exposure to the dirtiness but ultimately, someone has to deal with it anyway.

In either case, forgive my rant and hope I’m wrong with my atmospheric dispersal theory because if I was correct it would be worse already.

🙏
    Sounds a lot like what I got coming back from Europe on Sunday. I'm all good now, energy is back too.
    Large doses of vitamin C seem to have helped much.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Agape (21st February 2020), Antagenet (21st February 2020), Bill Ryan (21st February 2020), Franny (21st February 2020), Pam (21st February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (21st February 2020), Sunny (21st February 2020), Tintin (21st February 2020), wondering (21st February 2020)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Hi Olam, see how this could turn to “me too” conversation easily but that’s not why I posted it. The thing is far more severe than expected and has different range of symptoms than the casual flu and travel exhaustion.
    I don’t think one would get through public transport with it when in acute stage. You can get to bed and “keep dying” till it’s over

I seem to be very soft hearted individual compared to the majority of our governed humans however my input seems to be misguiding and attract “blonds” times to times.
    No I’m not dull, charmed or suffering from “me too” syndrome.

I’m pretty upset with what’s going on globally and this isn’t the place to fix it all either.

This is serious topic so hope we can keep discussion on level.

Thank you

It's all good Agape, thanks for your reply. I was just sharing my experience as it's similar. Don't under estimate what I caught, the symptoms came on two days after I arrived and was totally floored like never before. I can't say it was that virus, but it was extreme and right in the lungs. I have a robust health and prepared before the trip with heavy doses of vit C, which I upped the dose once the symptoms showed up. This did the job, I beleive that if I had not prepared and followed thru with the right "medication" I would not be good right now.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Agape (22nd February 2020), Antagenet (21st February 2020), Bill Ryan (21st February 2020), Franny (21st February 2020), Innocent Warrior (21st February 2020), Pam (21st February 2020), Reinhard (21st February 2020), Sadieblue (21st February 2020), Sunny (22nd February 2020), Tintin (21st February 2020)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Olam (here)
    Hi Olam, see how this could turn to “me too” conversation easily but that’s not why I posted it. The thing is far more severe than expected and has different range of symptoms than the casual flu and travel exhaustion.
    I don’t think one would get through public transport with it when in acute stage. You can get to bed and “keep dying” till it’s over

I seem to be very soft hearted individual compared to the majority of our governed humans however my input seems to be misguiding and attract “blonds” times to times.

I’m pretty upset with what’s going on globally and this isn’t the place to fix it all either.

Thank you

It's all good Agape, thanks for your reply. I was just sharing my experience as it's similar. Don't under estimate what I caught, the symptoms came on two days after I arrived and was totally floored like never before. I can't say it was that virus, but it was extreme and right in the lungs. I have a robust health and prepared before the trip with heavy doses of vit C, which I upped the dose once the symptoms showed up. This did the job, I beleive that if I had not prepared and followed thru with the right "medication" I would not be good right now.

Olam, did you ascorbic acid as your form of vitamin C or another type? Thanks for sharing what you did to minimize viral damage.
    Last edited by Pam; 21st February 2020 at 17:34.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st February 2020), Denise/Dizi (21st February 2020), Sadieblue (21st February 2020), Tintin (21st February 2020), wondering (21st February 2020)

27. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Antagenet (21st February 2020), Bill Ryan (21st February 2020), EFO (21st February 2020), Pam (21st February 2020), Sadieblue (21st February 2020), Sunny (22nd February 2020)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Antagenet (21st February 2020), Bill Ryan (21st February 2020), Franny (21st February 2020), Olam (21st February 2020), Pam (22nd February 2020), Sadieblue (21st February 2020)

31. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Quote Here's to miracles.

https://youtu.be/VrhkoFcOMII If you watch this video, you will see that the entire ICU staff put it in writing that in no way could Mr. Smith survive these illnesses and should be allowed to die. 60 Minutes New Zealand ran this story years ago about how IV vitamin c saved Alan Smith from swine flu and hairy cell leukemia, IV C is expensive but Liposomal vitamin C is highly absorbable being that it is encapsulated inside non GMO sunflower lecithin. He recovered from swine flu and hairy cell leukemia.

At the end of the video Alan’s wife is giving him liposomal encapsulated vitamin C, 1000 mg per packet, 6 packets a day.

There are probably 20+ companies offering Lipo C on Amazon, Vitaminshoppe carries it, Vitamins Plus, GNC, pretty much everyone.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...n-c-180963843/

Yes, vitamin C, the ubiquitous nutrient that children are encouraged to consume by eating dark leafy greens as well as citrus, peppers and other orange-hued produce. It’s well-known to prevent scurvy and help with heart function. But Marik, who is chief of the pulmonary and critical care medicine unit at Eastern Virginia Medical School, had been reading research papers that also showed some success treating sepsis patients with intravenous vitamin C—along with a steroid to reduce inflammation and thiamine to help with absorption.

www.VitaminCFoundation.org www.RiordanClinic.org www.DoctorYourself.com

Effect of Vitamin C and anti-oxidative nutrition on radiation-

induced gene expression in Fukushima nuclear plant workers

p.p. 39 and 40 gastric cancer with skeletal mets, treated with IV Vitamin C http://www.doctoryourself.com/Radiation_VitC.pptx.pdf

http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v12n16.shtml

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, September 10, 2016
    Vitamin C Prevents Side Effects from the MMR Vaccine by Helen Saul Case

(OMNS, September 10, 2016) This is not an article about whether vaccinations are "good" or "bad." This is an article about how high-dose vitamin C can protect children from vaccination side effects. Until we have real choice as to whether or not we vaccinate our children, we must seek ways to make immunizations safer. High-dose vitamin C makes immunizations safer: http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v08n07.shtml
    Giving the MMR Shot to a Child with Known Vaccination Sensitivity

Our daughter recently received the MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccination. In fact, she received two. New York State recently changed the law requiring an additional MMR shot in order for children to attend kindergarten. We had to make sure that she received both injections this summer before school started. We were concerned about giving her two MMR shots (and so close together) because after a previous vaccination she had a serious reaction.

Years ago, before we learned to give huge doses of vitamin C before, during, and after immunizations, our daughter (then age 15 months) had a severe reaction to the DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus) vaccination: she lost her coordination, was screaming, falling over, and spiked a high fever. High-dose, saturation-level vitamin C cured her reaction to the DPT vaccine and taught us an important lesson: give more vitamin C. Much, much more. Now, in order to protect our children from any vaccination side effects, we give very high doses of vitamin C before, during (yes, even at the doctor's office) and after immunizations. To read more see: http://www.orthomolecular.org/resour...s/v11n09.shtml and http://www.orthomolecular.org/resour...s/v12n07.shtml

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Antagenet (21st February 2020), Bill Ryan (22nd February 2020), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2020), EFO (21st February 2020), Franny (21st February 2020), Olam (21st February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (21st February 2020), Sue (Ayt) (22nd February 2020), Sunny (22nd February 2020)

33. Link to Post #97
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

This is what I am taking still.

https://www.amazon.ca/Aurora-Nutrasc...s%2C462&sr=8-6
    With this form of Vit C, do you still get the gastrointestinal upset that comes with high doses of vitamin C?
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Antagenet (7th March 2020), Bill Ryan (22nd February 2020), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2020), Franny (22nd February 2020), Olam (21st February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd February 2020)

35. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    This is what I am taking still.

https://www.amazon.ca/Aurora-Nutrasc...s%2C462&sr=8-6
    With this form of Vit C, do you still get the gastrointestinal upset that comes with high doses of vitamin C?
    I don't think I'm a good example for that detail as I seem to have stainless steel intestines...lol
    but for sure ramp up the dose over a few days. If I remember right, I started with a 5000mg dose on the first day and it was fine.
    I guess everyone would have a different response based on your system.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Antagenet (7th March 2020), Bill Ryan (22nd February 2020), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2020), Franny (22nd February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (22nd February 2020)

37. Link to Post #99
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

That brand also puts out a liposoma glutathione! Aurora Nutrascience, Mega-Liposoma Glutathione+ 750 mg with Vitamin C

But dang, this stuff (and the lip. vit. C) is expensive! I don't know if I could afford it as a preventative. I'm thinking maybe I could have some on hand in case the other stuff isn't cutting it.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Agape (22nd February 2020), Bill Ryan (22nd February 2020), Dennis Leahy (22nd February 2020), EFO (22nd February 2020), Franny (22nd February 2020), Olam (22nd February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd February 2020), Sunny (22nd February 2020)

39. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

Thank you

Great to know you have recovered with high dose of vitamin C, I can but agree on being intuitive and not afraid to use herbal remedies to improve ones condition helps- at least one can’t cause him/herself harms,
    as preventative and at early stages of flu.

What kind of remedies work is individual question though.

Vitamin C -for example- in any form never improved my flu symptoms and that despite I’m vitamin C lover As a kid, I’d just chew the effervescent C tablets like bonbons. Not given up on C quite yet but we all may have metabolic rates and specific deficiencies that we aren’t aware of neither labs do detect them on spot.
    But in long term studies it’s been observed that 40% of the civilized “northern” populace are vitamin D deficient( one of their “predictable estimates” I presume- no they actually did not test 40% of populace for vitamin deficiency).

With viruses and influenzas I think it’s a lot about trial and error so far. They can take down a civilization if much of the populace are starved,
    in some aspect.

One doctor specialist in internal medicine (who had good laboratory to perform detailed blood analysis for all kinds of “elements” etc) tried to explain to me in good chat we had years ago how results of starvation do not always show at plain sight, not even in casual blood profile( unless the patient is in acute condition) but may cause long lasting degradation of metabolic functions, unnoticed.

It sometimes concerns people on various types of “mono diets” ( eating just one type of food or very restricted choice of) for long time, extreme diets and situation of prisoners or generations of people who lived through famines.

If you think of the Chinese elder generation for example but this is a worldwide spread problem of many of our “seniors”,
    survivors of several wars and famines, the trauma of insufficient feeding affects them together with willingness to “eat better”, mostly because the society does not care a lot and the underlying fear of “eating too much” or “investing to themselves”.

Old age is a state of vulnerability and weakness on this planet and human society neglects old people a lot instead respecting and working with them.

It’s not that they could not improve or would not be willing to improve but it requires effort and sensitive approach.

I think of it as one underlying cause behind the current epidemics( probably not the main one) but think population control, cause and effect.

In real time - and to be honest- I don’t think we have the real numbers- no country so far releases accurate statistics on how many seniors pass away as result of “unidentified flu” every year. True, most are weak and have underlying condition. So once they get “simple flu” it may be all over.
    The bad side of it is: most medical institutions do not perform autopsies in people over 60 or 65 (the number may differ from country to country, slightly) and they certainly can’t be bothered about identifying viruses unless they are known, cause local epidemics in hospital( such are rarely announced in any sort of media unless they’d affect public) or get out of hand ( and the bag).

Why because viruses are very small and virological labs that are “in the system” perform tests for known and approved viral strains.

To identify “new ones” and approve testing methods is a big task for research labs.

Well, sorry I get carried away in my mind to “all the problems we really have”.

But: searching and trying herbal remedies is even more important, in my opinion.

The funny bit about it is once I get flu I totally don’t know what I would like really

At the end of the day Fentimans Curiosity Cola always helps if only because there is never enough of it.

With C

To elucidate this grim topic: the doctor mentioned above was mums specialist and friend working in experimental institute so I’ve got thorough blood profile test whenever it was necessary,
    particularly after coming back from India after 6 years, in 2005. I had bad bronchitis that winter for which I had to take antibiotic( according to them anyway and it took long time before they worked it out - despite not taking any for 6 years, probably even longer). In the meantime, they couldn’t find any known pathogens at all and the lab results were in perfect norm- I knew it was due to my pure and healthy life style- for them I was an exotic and being vegetarian was labeled “extreme diet”.
    Such as they would refuse any special treatments and would say “our methods will never work on you”. So I bowed out respectfully.
    Last edited by Agape; 22nd February 2020 at 10:12.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Antagenet (7th March 2020), Bill Ryan (22nd February 2020), Dennis Leahy (6th March 2020), Olam (22nd February 2020), Reinhard (5th March 2020), Sadieblue (22nd February 2020), Sarah Rainsong (22nd February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 5 15 37 LastLast