Thread: Covid-19 Treatment and Prevention

1. Link to Post #121
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Default Re: Covid-19 Treatment and Prevention

I don't think this has been shared here. It's a very good explanation of how COVID-19 works and how to approach treating it.

https://classicalchinesemedicine.org...kFy2fOPyHIiURM

Report from the Front Line in Wuhan
    COVID-19By Liu Lihong
    Institute for the Research and Preservation of Classical Chinese Medicine, Guanxi University of TCM

Translated by Heiner Fruehauf
    National University of Natural Medicine, College of Classical Chinese Medicine

On the evening of February 21, carrying the mandate of my teachers Lu Chonghan, Yang Haiying and Yang Zhenhai as well as the expectations of the Tongyou Sanhe community of Chinese medicine practitioners, I arrived in Hankou together with Dr. Lei Ming. The 3rd member of our coronavirus treatment team, Dr. Zhao Jiangbin, arrived the next day.

During the first three days, we underwent intensive training about hospital rules and protective gear at Hankou Hospital No. 8. In the afternoon of February 24, we entered into the clinical section of the hospital. The inviting unit, the Hemorrhoid Department No. 3 at Hankou Hospital No. 8, had so far received 20+ patients in all stages of COVID-19 pneumonia. Some of them had been there for almost 2 months, while on the shorter end some had been in inpatient care for about 3 weeks. Quite a few of them never tested positive for the virus, but all CT images revealed typical signs of coronavirus-based pneumonia.

Altogether, we have so far diagnosed and treated more than 10 patients with obvious signs of discomfort. The others either didn’t exhibit any symptoms, or they did not wish to be treated with Chinese medicine modalities. According to our own observations and those of other practitioners reporting from the front lines of the outbreak, it has become clear that the initial stage of the infection is not at all characterized by typical pneumonia symptoms such as fever and coughing. Many coronavirus patients cough only little or not at all, while their X-ray images show clear evidence of pathological changes due to COVID-19 pneumonia.

Although I have published a variety of opinions and recommendations on potential approaches to the epidemic in recent weeks, I have to admit that after seeing actual patients for 6 days now things have turned out a bit differently from my initial thoughts. I am very aware that all of my friends, colleagues and students are eager to receive news from our treatment team in Wuhan about the actual nature of the epidemic. Therefore, please find our initial impressions below:

I. Understanding the Nature of the Disease and Developing Appropriate Treatment Approaches
    Dampness (shi): Almost everyone agrees that dampness is at the core of this disease. All of the cases we have encountered so far display a thick, white, sticky tongue coating. Since our arrival in Wuhan, every one of us has observed an increase in sticky coating on our own tongues, as well as the onset of incomplete bowel movements.
    Pulse (mai): The biggest common denominator among patients has been the fact that virtually everyone exhibits a slippery pulse in the cun position of the right hand. This phenomenon signifies that turbid damp obstructing the Lung is the main characteristic of this epidemic.
    Absence of Phlegm (wutan) or Low Phlegm Production (shaotan): Typical symptomology includes either a dry cough or no cough. Because on one hand the normal way of phlegm expulsion by coughing is missing and on the other turbid damp pathogens are obstructing the middle burner, the resultant blockage of normal transformative pathways causes turbid phlegm to congeal into a rubbery and glue-like material that severely interferes with proper airway function and has no way out. This is the most important reason for the lingering “stalemate” quality of the disease, as well as the tendency to take a sudden turn for the worse.
    Complexity Syndrome (hebing) and Dual Affliction (lianggan): According to my own observations, from the very beginning of the epidemic all the way until now at the front line, as well as the opinions shared by my Chinese medicine colleagues working in Wuhan, the etiology of COVID-19 pneumonia is very much a manifestation of Zhang Zhongjing’s classical theory of syndrome complexity and dual pathogenesis. In other words, one can confidently say that this particular epidemic from beginning to end bears the characteristics of what is called Complexity Syndrome and Dual Affliction in the Shanghan zabing lun (Treatise on Disorders Caused by Cold and Miscellaneous Disorders). None of the cases we encountered manifested with simple Taiyang Syndrome in the initial stages of the disease, but they all came down right away with Taiyang Yangming Combination Syndrome, or even a situation where all three yang channel systems (taiyang, yangming, shaoyang) were involved. Many patients exhibit signs of dual pathogenesis right from the get-go, by coming down with a rapidly progressing respiratory infection with signs of both taiyang and shaoyang disease. In some instances, the disease lingers at the yangming taiyin dual affliction stage, while others suffer from taiyang shaoyang dual affliction that is further complicated by yangming taiyin issues. Comparatively speaking, shaoyang jueyin dual afflictions are rare. As for the Complexity Syndrome (hebing) variant, which specifically refers to a situation where both the surface and the interior and zang and fu organ systems are involved at the same time, an example would be the simultaneous affliction of the Lung and the Large Intestine. An appropriate prescription needs to take all of these aspects into consideration. Many of the recently publicized anti-COVID-19 formulas display this characteristic of complexity.Drs. Ming, Liu, and Jiangbin
    DRS. MING, LIU, AND JIANGBIN

The Cinnamon Method (Guizhi Fa) approach suggested by my Fire Spirit School mentor Dr. Lu Chonghan, furthermore, represents a typical approach to Taiyang Yangming Complexity Syndrome. Other suggestions, such as Ma Xing Shi Gan Tang (Ephedra, Apricot Seed, Gypsum, and Licorice Decoction) and similar remedies, or Mahuang Tang (Ephedra Decoction) plus Weijing Tang (Phragmites Decoction) are all examples for approaches to more complex syndromes. For dual affliction (lianggan) conditions, moreover, the Aconite Method (Sini Fa) of the Fire Spirit School is also an important method to consider. Especially in situations where “dampness is pronounced and yang is feeble” (shisheng yangwei) the inclusion of aconite containing formulas is particularly appropriate. Aconite, of course, should always be used cautiously—proper differential diagnostics is always the most important prerequisite for any prescription!

Moisten Dryness and Transform Phlegm, Remove Zang Disease via the Corresponding Fu Organ
    How is it possible to liberate the airways by expelling the sticky, rubbery, glue-like phlegm that is obstructing the lungs all the way into the alveoli? This question is most relevant for the eventual outcome of the disease process! Why is the typical COVID-19 patient hardly coughing or not coughing at all? I believe that this specific characteristic of the disease is mostly due to the presence of sticky phlegm, which occupies the available airway space normally required for the generation of a productive cough. From the perspective of Chinese medicine, this phenomenon belongs to the category of dry phlegm (zaotan). This kind of issue requires an approach that involves moisturizing dryness and transforming phlegm (runzao huatan). The herb Dongguaren (Benincasa), for instance, from the afore-mentioned remedy Weijing Tang is a representative herb in this category. Many other seeds possess this type of therapeutic function, i.e. Gualouren (Trichosanthes seed), Laifuzi (Radish seed), Baijiezi (Mustard seed), etc. However, this type of super-sticky phlegm cannot necessarily be completely expelled via the prescription of moisturizing and phlegm transforming herbs. This is where the maneuver of utilizing the zang-fu relationship of Lung and Large Intestine comes into play, by removing zang disease by way of the associated fu organ; by addressing yin disease via its yang counterpart. This approach has often been used within the versatile arsenal of Chinese medicine modalities. Examples can be found in historical case studies. Specifically, this means that the seed varietals of phlegm transforming herbs, if used in sufficient amounts, can expel residual glue-phlegm from the Lung via the Large Intestine. In the arena of acupuncture, the corresponding method would be to needle Taiyuan (LU9) all the way connecting to Yangxi (LI5), or Yangxi all the way to Taiyuan.

II. The Importance of Acupuncture Therapy
    Our team began treating every single patient with acupuncture starting on our first day in the coronavirus section. Because of the logistics associated with buying and preparing herbs, our patients started imbibing herbal decoctions only 3 days later. I remember how I felt slightly awkward when approaching my first patient with a needle. For one, the protective gear with its plastic eye goggles blurs the vision. Secondly, three layers of gloves greatly dull sensitivity in the needling hand. And thirdly, I was worried that the patient would trust me, a doctor who had never treated this kind of disease before. I was therefore completely taken by surprise when the patient exclaimed: “This works like a miracle! The stuffy feeling in my chest is completely gone!” And another patient said shortly thereafter: “My throat and chest area used to feel as blocked as a road during rush hour—now it has become like an open road without a single soul on it.”

This sort of feedback was a pleasant and unexpected surprise for us, providing us with hope and strength at the same time. Most of the accompanying symptoms, such as stuffiness in the chest, shortness of breath, abdominal discomfort, itchy throat with the urge to cough, dizziness, cold sensation in the upper back, connective tissue pain, sweating, etc, did either decrease with the acupuncture treatments or resolve entirely.

Coronavirus team at Hankou Hospital No. 8
    CORONAVIRUS TEAM AT HANKOU HOSPITAL NO. 8

This experience proved that my earlier suggestion to “use acupuncture and herbal medicine together” in the treatment of this epidemic was realistic. Perhaps the greatest benefit of acupuncture is the immediate improvement in the emotional outlook of patients, since they get to experience a noticeable improvement in a short period of time. This aspect cannot be underestimated in the process of curing this disease. Overall, however, the term “cure” needs to be used with extreme caution in the context of this pneumonia epidemic. This is definitely not the kind of situation where one is all better once the fever has broken, or one is OK once the coughing spells come to an end, or when the virus test turns from positive to negative. There are at least 3 additional elements that are prerequisites for a complete cure of COVID-19 related issues: 1) The complete remission of pneumonia signs on CT images; 2) The normalization of all Lung channel abnormalities; 3) The disappearance of sticky tongue coating. Otherwise, the disease may come roaring back for another round!
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th April 2020), Bill Ryan (12th March 2020), Delight (13th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (15th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Franny (13th March 2020), leavesoftrees (14th March 2020), Mare (13th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Rhydwyn (17th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Sunny (13th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #122
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And something from Herbalist Matthew Wood

Matthew Wood
    Yesterday at 2:51 PM
    RESPIRATORY AND INFLUENZA HERBS, Post I.
    I am going to start posting general material on this subject.
    Whether related to the current pandemic or not.

People look at viruses in terms of killing them but In holistic medicine we look at changing the environment so the stronger body can resist. They also emphasize strengthening the immune system. The first line of defense of the immune system is the “intrinsic epithelial barrier,” or skin and mucosa. Anything that strengthens this helps resistance, slowing viral multiplication, and strengthening against the damaging effects of virus and bacteria on the mucosa. Vitamin C strengthens the endotheial layer under the epithelial layer. The next line of defense is the thermoregulatory system (open and close the pores in the intrinsic epithelial barrier). This brings blood to or from the surface; opens and closes sweat pores to pour out heat (or preserve in winter). The herbal/Ayurvedic theory is: warm the center, thin the fluids, mucus, to preserve circulation to the surface, and keep the pores open.
    Posting details from my knowledge of herbs. Please share. Although I am retaining a copyright on these posts, share without hesitation. I don’t want Facebook to own this material.

Lomatium, Bear Root (Lomatium dissectum). Warm, bitter, sweet, spicy, very oily. Warms the center, thins mucus, brings the circulation to the surface to protect. It is not an antiviral of any significance, but it was the great remedy in the 1918 flu epidemic. Report from Ernest T. Krebs, M.D, during the flu epidemic published in The Bulletin of the State Board of Health of Nevada (1920, 7), entitled, “An Indian Remedy for Influenza.”
    “During the fall of 1918 when the influenza epidemic visited this section of Nevada, the Washoe Indians used a root in the treatment of their sick which was gathered along the foot-hills of this slope of the Sierra. The plant proved to be a rare species of the parsley family (Leptotoemia dissecta), according to a report from the University of California. [Correct spelling: Leptotaenia; Modern name: Lomatium dissectum. Not rare in many parts of its range in the Northwestern Rockies, but it is a perennial that is somewhat slow growing and is rare on the edges of its range]. There is not enough Lomatium in herbal commerce to supply the amount used by the Washoes or Dr. Krebs—a pound per case. I suggest 5-25 drop doses of the tincture. Also, large doses can cause a terrible rash. “Whether a coincidence or not, there was not a single death in the Washoe tribe from influenza or its complications, although Indians living in other parts of the State where the root did not grow died in numbers. It was such a remarkable coincidence that it was investigated by a practicing physician . . . apparently hopeless cases recover without any other medication or care of any kind. A preparation was prepared and employed in a great many cases among the whites, from the mildest to the most virulent types of influenza, and it proved, among other things, that it is the nearest approach we have today to a specific in epidemic influenza and the accompanying pneumonia. When used early it proved itself to be reliable agent in preventing pulmonary complications. Other physicians were induced to give it a trial, with the same results. It is beyond the experimental stage, as its therapeutic action in this direction is established and beyond any doubt. The cases in which it has been used run into the hundreds. There is probably no therapeutic agent so valuable in the treatment of influenza pneumonia and, as far as being tried, in ordinary lobar pneumonia if started early.”
    “Its action on coughs is more certain than the opiate expectorants and its benefit is lasting. It is a bronchial, intestinal and urinary antiseptic and is excreted by those organs. It seems to stimulate the [vagus nerve, autonomic nervous system] and causes a slow pulse with increased volume and reduced tension. It is a pronounced diaphoretic and somewhat diuretic, and it is a stimulating and sedative expectorant. In large doses it is a laxative, and in extreme doses emetic.” Note: in coronavirus the cough is suppressed, not active, as described in this paragraph.

Angelica archangelica. Almost any local angelica will do in place of the officinal species, although Chinese angelica is slightly different. They are the closest common relative to Lomatium. It is warm, spicey, slightly bitter, sweet, faintly acrid, and oily (but less so than Lomatium). Native American name from ND to CA: “Grizzy Bear Medicine.” Properties similar to Lomatium and was used for epidemics in olden times in Europe. This genus or related plants worn as a mojo on the chest for protection against contagion and bad vibes is just about every indigenous society where it grows (Kat Harrison). These people were/are not fools. Energy: this plant opens the mind to the imagination, calming it, so it works differently than Lomatium.
    Can be used in “fire cider” (Cayenne, Horseradish, Angelica, Bayberry, etc.) on the tongue to increase circulation to the head, upper respiratory tract, nose, to increase white blood cells and immunity. Used at the end of a bad influenza, pneumonia or bronchitis, when the person is worn out, damp, swollen under and around the eyes; warms and disperses the water. Colic in the stomach and intestines; calming, relaxing. It does act like Chinese angelica on menstrual colic.
    This remedy is excellent for “stirring the blood.” When the big veins under the tongue are black/blue towards the bottom, with menstrual pain, it is a specific. Stagnant blood is not considered conventional medical condition, but it drags on the cardiovascular system. Lomatium and Osha probably have the same abilities but I don’t know.

Osha Root (Ligusticum porteri, L. greggi). Similar to the above but environmentally more challenged. Please consider the others first.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th March 2020), DeeMetrios (13th March 2020), Delight (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (12th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Franny (13th March 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (12th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (13th March 2020), Sunny (13th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 184 posts

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    I don't think this has been shared here. It's a very good explanation of how COVID-19 works and how to approach treating it.

https://classicalchinesemedicine.org...kFy2fOPyHIiURM

Report from the Front Line in Wuhan
    COVID-19By Liu Lihong
    Institute for the Research and Preservation of Classical Chinese Medicine, Guanxi University of TCM

Translated by Heiner Fruehauf
    National University of Natural Medicine, College of Classical Chinese Medicine

On the evening of February 21, carrying the mandate of my teachers Lu Chonghan, Yang Haiying and Yang Zhenhai as well as the expectations of the Tongyou Sanhe community of Chinese medicine practitioners, I arrived in Hankou together with Dr. Lei Ming. The 3rd member of our coronavirus treatment team, Dr. Zhao Jiangbin, arrived the next day.

During the first three days, we underwent intensive training about hospital rules and protective gear at Hankou Hospital No. 8. In the afternoon of February 24, we entered into the clinical section of the hospital. The inviting unit, the Hemorrhoid Department No. 3 at Hankou Hospital No. 8, had so far received 20+ patients in all stages of COVID-19 pneumonia. Some of them had been there for almost 2 months, while on the shorter end some had been in inpatient care for about 3 weeks. Quite a few of them never tested positive for the virus, but all CT images revealed typical signs of coronavirus-based pneumonia.

Altogether, we have so far diagnosed and treated more than 10 patients with obvious signs of discomfort. The others either didn’t exhibit any symptoms, or they did not wish to be treated with Chinese medicine modalities. According to our own observations and those of other practitioners reporting from the front lines of the outbreak, it has become clear that the initial stage of the infection is not at all characterized by typical pneumonia symptoms such as fever and coughing. Many coronavirus patients cough only little or not at all, while their X-ray images show clear evidence of pathological changes due to COVID-19 pneumonia.

Although I have published a variety of opinions and recommendations on potential approaches to the epidemic in recent weeks, I have to admit that after seeing actual patients for 6 days now things have turned out a bit differently from my initial thoughts. I am very aware that all of my friends, colleagues and students are eager to receive news from our treatment team in Wuhan about the actual nature of the epidemic. Therefore, please find our initial impressions below:

I. Understanding the Nature of the Disease and Developing Appropriate Treatment Approaches
    Dampness (shi): Almost everyone agrees that dampness is at the core of this disease. All of the cases we have encountered so far display a thick, white, sticky tongue coating. Since our arrival in Wuhan, every one of us has observed an increase in sticky coating on our own tongues, as well as the onset of incomplete bowel movements.
    Pulse (mai): The biggest common denominator among patients has been the fact that virtually everyone exhibits a slippery pulse in the cun position of the right hand. This phenomenon signifies that turbid damp obstructing the Lung is the main characteristic of this epidemic.
    Absence of Phlegm (wutan) or Low Phlegm Production (shaotan): Typical symptomology includes either a dry cough or no cough. Because on one hand the normal way of phlegm expulsion by coughing is missing and on the other turbid damp pathogens are obstructing the middle burner, the resultant blockage of normal transformative pathways causes turbid phlegm to congeal into a rubbery and glue-like material that severely interferes with proper airway function and has no way out. This is the most important reason for the lingering “stalemate” quality of the disease, as well as the tendency to take a sudden turn for the worse.
    Complexity Syndrome (hebing) and Dual Affliction (lianggan): According to my own observations, from the very beginning of the epidemic all the way until now at the front line, as well as the opinions shared by my Chinese medicine colleagues working in Wuhan, the etiology of COVID-19 pneumonia is very much a manifestation of Zhang Zhongjing’s classical theory of syndrome complexity and dual pathogenesis. In other words, one can confidently say that this particular epidemic from beginning to end bears the characteristics of what is called Complexity Syndrome and Dual Affliction in the Shanghan zabing lun (Treatise on Disorders Caused by Cold and Miscellaneous Disorders). None of the cases we encountered manifested with simple Taiyang Syndrome in the initial stages of the disease, but they all came down right away with Taiyang Yangming Combination Syndrome, or even a situation where all three yang channel systems (taiyang, yangming, shaoyang) were involved. Many patients exhibit signs of dual pathogenesis right from the get-go, by coming down with a rapidly progressing respiratory infection with signs of both taiyang and shaoyang disease. In some instances, the disease lingers at the yangming taiyin dual affliction stage, while others suffer from taiyang shaoyang dual affliction that is further complicated by yangming taiyin issues. Comparatively speaking, shaoyang jueyin dual afflictions are rare. As for the Complexity Syndrome (hebing) variant, which specifically refers to a situation where both the surface and the interior and zang and fu organ systems are involved at the same time, an example would be the simultaneous affliction of the Lung and the Large Intestine. An appropriate prescription needs to take all of these aspects into consideration. Many of the recently publicized anti-COVID-19 formulas display this characteristic of complexity.Drs. Ming, Liu, and Jiangbin
    DRS. MING, LIU, AND JIANGBIN

The Cinnamon Method (Guizhi Fa) approach suggested by my Fire Spirit School mentor Dr. Lu Chonghan, furthermore, represents a typical approach to Taiyang Yangming Complexity Syndrome. Other suggestions, such as Ma Xing Shi Gan Tang (Ephedra, Apricot Seed, Gypsum, and Licorice Decoction) and similar remedies, or Mahuang Tang (Ephedra Decoction) plus Weijing Tang (Phragmites Decoction) are all examples for approaches to more complex syndromes. For dual affliction (lianggan) conditions, moreover, the Aconite Method (Sini Fa) of the Fire Spirit School is also an important method to consider. Especially in situations where “dampness is pronounced and yang is feeble” (shisheng yangwei) the inclusion of aconite containing formulas is particularly appropriate. Aconite, of course, should always be used cautiously—proper differential diagnostics is always the most important prerequisite for any prescription!

Moisten Dryness and Transform Phlegm, Remove Zang Disease via the Corresponding Fu Organ
    How is it possible to liberate the airways by expelling the sticky, rubbery, glue-like phlegm that is obstructing the lungs all the way into the alveoli? This question is most relevant for the eventual outcome of the disease process! Why is the typical COVID-19 patient hardly coughing or not coughing at all? I believe that this specific characteristic of the disease is mostly due to the presence of sticky phlegm, which occupies the available airway space normally required for the generation of a productive cough. From the perspective of Chinese medicine, this phenomenon belongs to the category of dry phlegm (zaotan). This kind of issue requires an approach that involves moisturizing dryness and transforming phlegm (runzao huatan). The herb Dongguaren (Benincasa), for instance, from the afore-mentioned remedy Weijing Tang is a representative herb in this category. Many other seeds possess this type of therapeutic function, i.e. Gualouren (Trichosanthes seed), Laifuzi (Radish seed), Baijiezi (Mustard seed), etc. However, this type of super-sticky phlegm cannot necessarily be completely expelled via the prescription of moisturizing and phlegm transforming herbs. This is where the maneuver of utilizing the zang-fu relationship of Lung and Large Intestine comes into play, by removing zang disease by way of the associated fu organ; by addressing yin disease via its yang counterpart. This approach has often been used within the versatile arsenal of Chinese medicine modalities. Examples can be found in historical case studies. Specifically, this means that the seed varietals of phlegm transforming herbs, if used in sufficient amounts, can expel residual glue-phlegm from the Lung via the Large Intestine. In the arena of acupuncture, the corresponding method would be to needle Taiyuan (LU9) all the way connecting to Yangxi (LI5), or Yangxi all the way to Taiyuan.

II. The Importance of Acupuncture Therapy
    Our team began treating every single patient with acupuncture starting on our first day in the coronavirus section. Because of the logistics associated with buying and preparing herbs, our patients started imbibing herbal decoctions only 3 days later. I remember how I felt slightly awkward when approaching my first patient with a needle. For one, the protective gear with its plastic eye goggles blurs the vision. Secondly, three layers of gloves greatly dull sensitivity in the needling hand. And thirdly, I was worried that the patient would trust me, a doctor who had never treated this kind of disease before. I was therefore completely taken by surprise when the patient exclaimed: “This works like a miracle! The stuffy feeling in my chest is completely gone!” And another patient said shortly thereafter: “My throat and chest area used to feel as blocked as a road during rush hour—now it has become like an open road without a single soul on it.”

This sort of feedback was a pleasant and unexpected surprise for us, providing us with hope and strength at the same time. Most of the accompanying symptoms, such as stuffiness in the chest, shortness of breath, abdominal discomfort, itchy throat with the urge to cough, dizziness, cold sensation in the upper back, connective tissue pain, sweating, etc, did either decrease with the acupuncture treatments or resolve entirely.

Coronavirus team at Hankou Hospital No. 8
    CORONAVIRUS TEAM AT HANKOU HOSPITAL NO. 8

This experience proved that my earlier suggestion to “use acupuncture and herbal medicine together” in the treatment of this epidemic was realistic. Perhaps the greatest benefit of acupuncture is the immediate improvement in the emotional outlook of patients, since they get to experience a noticeable improvement in a short period of time. This aspect cannot be underestimated in the process of curing this disease. Overall, however, the term “cure” needs to be used with extreme caution in the context of this pneumonia epidemic. This is definitely not the kind of situation where one is all better once the fever has broken, or one is OK once the coughing spells come to an end, or when the virus test turns from positive to negative. There are at least 3 additional elements that are prerequisites for a complete cure of COVID-19 related issues: 1) The complete remission of pneumonia signs on CT images; 2) The normalization of all Lung channel abnormalities; 3) The disappearance of sticky tongue coating. Otherwise, the disease may come roaring back for another round!
    Dear Rainsong,

This information is absolutely brilliant. I sent it to a close friend in California who is an acupuncturist. She may very well be able to make use of it.

This post and the one after it, by an herbalist, make me deeply respect the wisdom of traditional medicine.

Sunny

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sunny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Delight (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Franny (13th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #124
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 times in 461 posts

Hello Everyone,

Wow some great info on this thread.

In my past I worked with a homeopath who became super busy every flu season.

She would typically choose from the same 3-5 different remedies based the patients presentation and targeted intake. THe results were remarkable and in many cases the healing was miraculously quick.

BLessings Luke
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 15th March 2020 at 18:52.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Franny (13th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Sunny (13th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #125
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

I've been woring at an exposition in Gernay surronded by Asian companies.
    I used two natural remedies to avoid infection.

1. Artemisia annua - this plant reinforces the imune system by 400% 3xday

2. CDL = Chlordioxide 0,3% concentrate 3ml in the morning and evening

This virus isn't very dangerous but it's highly infectious.
    Stay save and healthy.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

Apulu (13th March 2020), Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Franny (13th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), toppy (13th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,024 times in 910 posts

I'm taking a copy of the TCM doctors' treatment protocols and their analysis from rainsong's post #121, "Report from the front line in Wuhan", to a Chinese native TCM practitioner and see what his take on it, as it seems very helpful and accurate.
    I have used some of the basics of my understanding of TCM to help others and they have always been successful. From my view, the diagnosis and treatment of this/these adaptive/mutagenic strain(s) from the viewpoint of skilled TCM doctors offers a much more effective and scientifically detailed approach.

Using the knowledge of the pairing of major organs has helped me understand the workings of the system, as in the pairing of the Lung (LU) and the Large Intestine (LI) in the successful treatment of asthma (for a loved one) which, once used and understood in a whole system sense (TCM, emotional, environmental, nutritional), never returned. This is but a small snippet of treatment but it gives a layman's understanding to the effectiveness of being open to using every available source for prevention and healing. I have wondered why, amongst the many valuable things that could be taught in elementary schools, mid schools and high schools, TCM, Herbology and anatomy are not required subjects.

I also have used Lomatium successfully for quickly dealing with the flu, but because I don't get ill by conventional means or exposures it has been very long since I have needed anything like it. In the past I used Lomatium, as with other herbs, as a small dose of a preventative, like I now use Black Walnut Hull and Wormwood tinctures. When this all appeared, again, especially with its added complexity, making it apparently more virulent, I immediately went to a local herbalist and bought a couple of bottles of Lomatium tincture to help those who may be in need.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Franny (13th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Sunny (13th March 2020)

13. Link to Post #127
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,262 times in 5,712 posts

Quote Posted by Luke Holiday (here)
    Hello Everyone,

Wow some great info on this thread.

In my past I worked with a homeopath who would become busy every flu season. She would typically choose from the the same 3-5 different remedies based the patients presentation and targeted intake. THe results were remarkable and in many cases miraculously quick.

BLessings Luke
    Do you recall which remedies were used?

Here is something about selenium

Quote Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
    RICHARD SEXTON·SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2020·4 MINUTES

The only people that can be infected by the 2019-n Coronavirus have less than 98.7 µg/L of Selenium in plasma or serum. Those who have enough Selenium are immune to this and all other enveloped viruses. Selenium can be obtained from Brazil nuts, Selenium pills or Astragalus tea.
    This is why only some people get the flu and why others get it infrequently or never at all.
    We only found this out in 2015 when Lipinski @ Harvard figured out why some people were immune to Ebola, a fact well documented in medical archives.
    Two Brazil nuts a day will do it. An Asia astragalus tea is the primary source of selenium.
    2014 NYTimes: Many in West Africa May Be Immune to Ebola Virus http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/06/he...-immunity.html
    2000 Gonzales: Ebola and Marburg virus antibody prevalence in selected populations of the Central African Republic https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10717539
    2010-Becquart: High Prevalence of Both Humoral and Cellular Immunity to Zaire ebolavirus among Rural Populations in Gabon http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0009126
    2010-IRD: A surprisingly high proportion of the Gabonese population could have immunity against Ebola. Antibodies to the virus were found in 15.3% of rural communities http://en.ird.fr/the-media-centre/sc...unity-to-ebola
    2016 Richardson: "The phenomenon of previously undetected, minimally symptomatic EBOV infection was evident around the discovery of the virus in 1976." http://journals.plos.org/plosntds/ar...l.pntd.0005087
    2015 BBC: "We've now seen several cases that don't have any symptoms at all, asymptomatic cases," https://www.bbc.com/news/health-31019097
    "29 Jan 2015 - Liberia: Harvard Scientist Lipinski Claims Selenium Can Treat Ebola" https://allafrica.com/stories/201501291709.html
    2015 Lipinski - Can Selenite Be An Ultimate Inhibitor Of Ebola And Other Viral Infections?
    “It is known that the virulence of Ebola and other RNA enveloped viruses involves in the first step their attachment to host cell membranes. Following this initial step the virus enters the target cell cytoplasm by forming hydrophobic spikes that make holes in the membrane lipid bilayer. Formation of such spikes is catalyzed by the reduced form of viral protein disulfide isomerase (PDIred) thus initiating chain of disulfide exchange reactions. Consequently, hydrophobic protein epitopes become exposed, which in the absence of proper chaperones form hydrophobic ‘spikes’ capable of penetrating the host cell membranes.
    In this communication evidence is discussed showing that the chain of disulfide exchange events can be inhibited by a small redox molecule – sodium selenite.
    It is suggested that this inexpensive and readily available food supplement can be an ultimate inhibitor of Ebola and other enveloped viral infections.”
    “other enveloped viral infections” - that’s pretty much all of them.
    http://www.journalrepository.org/med...BJMMR14858.pdf
    2015 Stoffenell: "98.7 µg/L of Se in plasma or serum are required to optimize GPx activity" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4377864/
    2008 Thomson: Brazil nuts: an effective way to improve selenium status http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/87/2/379.full
    Dr. Damien Downing, former editor of the Journal of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, writes: "Swine flu, bird flu, and SARS, all developed in selenium-deficient China. When patients were given selenium, viral mutation rates dropped and immunity improved."
    Map of coronavirus deaths in China:
    https://www.extremetech.com/wp-conte...oronavirus.jpg
    Maps of selenium deficient soil in China:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...01103-g001.jpg

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...TjGOSzbey9hTBY

https://media.springernature.com/m68...D6o99CH5n3YMmY
    https://www.mdpi.com/viruses/viruses...WEEpXNPx_yYdrY
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...T7VcQ2_iTuo4jA
    https://www.researchgate.net/profile...EcwgGbLPBMTcT4
    See also:

The Changing Selenium Nutritional Status of Chinese Residents
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967180/
    Last edited by Delight; 13th March 2020 at 07:29.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Antagenet (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Franny (13th March 2020), Michi (13th March 2020), onawah (15th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Sunny (13th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #128
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,204 times in 4,590 posts

I wonder if anyone tested one of the cryogenic chambers or what about one of these ice hotels followed by hot sauna and cleansing perhaps,
    certainly our ancestors used this protocol to “freeze and thaw” thus destroy pathogens.

Count in your blood pressure, diabetes and heart condition, it may not be the way for everyone- except perhaps if such protocol was fastened.

Would the stress itself caused death of old and infirm, quite possibly so.

It’s important to asses our own individual condition everyday. With ourselves, our friends and the Universe ...

(It’s full of Stars ..🌟🌟🌟.)

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Antagenet (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #129
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,066 times in 3,146 posts

I have a Hulda Clarke Zapper. Anyone know anything about zapping for virus?

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Alan (14th March 2020), Antagenet (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020)

19. Link to Post #130
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Dee Metrious/ I have been using colloidal silver for 40 years after I saw a woman friend putting it in her dogs eyes to cure it of infection.

since, I have cured countless unirary track infections, absessed teeth, and any number of things that have come my way.
    Im not on any pharma products and live a pretty good and healthy life up to present at 66.

d
    Doug, what brand do you use and where do you obtain?

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Alan (14th March 2020), Antagenet (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), leavesoftrees (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020)

21. Link to Post #131
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    I have a Hulda Clarke Zapper. Anyone know anything about zapping for virus?
    Yes I have one and use it regularly when needed as soon as I feel a flu is lurking. I am petty sure it can help in the present situation.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

Antagenet (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2020), EFO (13th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020)

23. Link to Post #132
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Dr. John Bergman

How to wipe out the corona virus THT in 10 min
    (12:44 min.)
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Antagenet (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Delight (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (13th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), gini (13th March 2020), IChingUChing (18th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020)

25. Link to Post #133
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

lots of great suggestions here. my go to's have always been garlic (raw and marinated in bone broth), elderberry, vit c lozenges, colloidal silver, and oregano.

however, don't forget about good ol' tylenol cold and flu gel caps. nothing will lessen the symptoms of a flu better or faster. no need to suffer needlessly while you're strengthening the immune system with all the other good stuff

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Antagenet (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (13th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), EFO (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sadieblue (14th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020)

27. Link to Post #134
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Another update from Herbalist Matthew Wood

------

Matthew Wood Institute of Herbalism
    18 hrs ·
    RESPIRATORY AND INFLUENZA HERBS. Post II.

More emphasis on expectoration of mucus with this group of herbs. Please share. Although I am retaining a copyright on these posts, share without hesitation. I don’t want Facebook to own this material. Tomorrow, more emphasis on plants that open the pores of mucosa and skin to remove fluids. Yesterday: herbs to warm the center, circulate the blood, thin the fluids, open the pores.

Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum). This is a good, time-tested expectorant which is widely, widely available throughout the world and as a food, in many stores. Nutritious as a food as well. A comprehensive account of the traditional Mediterranean uses is rendered by David Osborne (greekmedicine.net). He includes the Ayurvedic and TCM indications as well.

The seeds are the usual part used. The taste is warm, slightly spicy, slightly acrid, slightly sweet, gummy, oily, mucilaginous. In short, it is a gently warming, soothing, coating, lubricating, yet mucus-raising and expelling carminative/expectorant.
    Respiratory. An infusion of the seed is used to loosen and expel excess phlegm from the head, sinuses, and respiratory tract. It can be used in acute or sub-acute conditions and the seeds are also used for convalescence from respiratory disease (cf. with Slippery Elm or inner bark of Siberian Elm if you have to harvest hourself). David Osborne has a beautiful personal testimony about the effects of Fenugreek seed tea on upper respiratory congestion but we leave that story for him to tell (greekmedicine.net).

For mucus congestion with infection, Dr. Christopher’s formula: Fenugreek and Thyme. For harder, thicker congestion, the gentle warmth of Fenugreek seed is combined with the irritative, burning Mustard seed to make plasters for the chest used in pneumonia (Osborne).

Digestive. Slightly warming, relaxing, fibrous, Fenugreek improves digestion, removes gas, spasm, bloating, and phlegm, and improves elimination. By improving hepatic and digestive functions, and with its high protein, lipid, and carbohydrate content, it is nutritive. Traditionally used as a “blood purifier,” which usually means that it sharpens the metabolism. This action is often attributed to the liver but is, of course, shared between that organ and all the cells.

As a very mild bitter it can stimulate the flow of bile. These properties combine with its ability to remove phlegm and cleanse the bowels. A classic formula is Nigella seed and Fenugreek seed, which increases the metabolism, dissolves phlegm, and normalizes inflammatory processes.

Cardiovascular. The coumarins, native to so many of the legumes, have a “beneficial effect on blood consistency and circulation” (David Osborne), or what we call in Western herbalism “equalizing the circulation.” The blood is more evenly distributed, the blood moves out to the periphery and down to the feet. If on coumarins already, I would not advice use of this herb.

After dispersing the fluids down through the lymphatic system, Fenugreek operates as a gentle, warming diuretic. By opening the skin it may take a burden off overworked kidneys.

Immune. There has been a great deal of research on this subject with Fenugreek coming in as an immune modulator and stimulant.

The following from David Osborne (paraphrase):
    Preparation: Infusion of the seeds used mainly as an expectorant to loosen and expel excess phlegm in the head, sinuses, lungs and respiratory tract. Decoction is more a digestive herb, nutritive tonic and genitourinary tonic. The powdered seeds and herb are used mainly as a nutritive tonic, as a galactogogue. Fenugreek, in either powder or decoction form, can be used as a nutritive tonic and restorative for recovery from chronic respiratory illness. Dosage: “When making a tea of Fenugreek, use standard proportions of a heaping tablespoon per cup of water, whether it be an infusion or a decoction. The powder may even be taken in doses of one tablespoon or more, two to three times per day, even as a nutritive tonic or superfood; teaspoonful doses are also effective.”

Cautions: “Very gentle and mild in nature, and high in nutritive value; therefore, virtually no possibility of an overdose.” Note on coumarins above.

Elecampane (Inula helenium). Bitter, pungent/spicy, diffusive. The root is used in the West; flowers in the East. I have used this remedy successfully for twenty-five years for the specific indication: green mucus or mucus turning from yellow to green. This is without question an indication for a bacterial infection; which influenza is not. However, it still may be for thick, tenacious mucus such is associated with viral pneumonia.

It is probably the most popular remedy among the people who have responded to my posts. An additional specific symptom taught by herbalist David Hoffmann is: swallowing of mucus creating a seriously upset stomach. This is common in the bronchitis of children. As he notes, the remedy is both expectorant and carminative (settles the stomach).

One correspondent, Teri Owens, commented, “I am wondering if ‘lingering’ or potential reinfection is due, in large part, to the nature of the sputum and difficulty in expectorating it? I have formulated a working hypothesis over the last decade or so of observing patients and their habits, that, frequently, when sputum is thick and hard to cough up, or minimal coughing is present, or it is simply inconvenient to spit it out in the moment, many people simply or accidentally swallow said sputum.

My hypothesis is that, as that sputum, with trapped microbial or vital invaders, both alive and dead, travels the GI tract, it gets naturally broken down, thus re-releasing those invaders back into the body through the GI tract, which could, in turn, either re-infect a newly recovered patient, or cause lingering symptoms in a patient who is on the mend.” This fits Elecampane very well.

On March 7, 2020, I received the following from a correspondent, “Recently I took elecampane, after feeling poorly for the last month. It called to me as I was organizing my tinctures. After taking three drops of the tincture 3x a day – I found that not only did it reduce the swelling in my sinuses, removed the heaviness in my chest – there was a stirring in my chest and it remedied my lungs as well as my heart. Though for the heart it restored courage that had been over come and clouded by sadness. I strongly believe this plant has the ability to restore health, and repair tears to the soul and heart.” It is a remedy for grief and homesickness.

But, this appears to be the flu that was going around November to the present that was very lingering. I had this too – a few bad days in mid-January, mucus, exhaustion, preceded and following by days, weeks, and even two months of slight itchiness in the throat sometimes the chest, a bit of mucus. I took Elecampane after receiving this: I could immediately feel it expelling from the nose and lungs, though very gently. Well since, but that has just been four days.

Yerba Mansa (Anemopsis californica). This California native was named by Spanish who knew of its cousin in Florida, also named Yerba Mansa (Calmative Herb). That explains why the name is different from the use: it is not to calm but to remove water from boggy mucosal membranes.

I am not expert here, so notes from Rebecca Altman that are several years old: Hot, pungent, astringent. In other words, warms up, stimulates, dries (like sun hitting the water on the sidewalk and vaporizing the puddle). Stops the bogginess and starts the flow of water more efficiently. Swollen tongue. Scalloped tongue. Tissue laxity. Inflammation. In sinuses and the gut and in the urinary tract. Snoring, sinuses, sluggish digestion, sneezing. Sluggish walk. Melancholic. Marshmallow combines well---this is cooling and moistening; the opposite. But in herbalism opposites are often synergistic. Might also combine with Plantain (cooling, moistening, astringent).
    Last edited by Sarah Rainsong; 14th March 2020 at 00:48.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Antagenet (14th March 2020), Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (16th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), EFO (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Mike (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Sunny (14th March 2020)

29. Link to Post #135
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,660 times in 1,521 posts

From an awake Doctor:

‘A bit of whako stuff...but you never know till you do a double blinded RCT. Plants don't like insects eating them, nor do they like going rotten, or getting viruses. Their immune systems are not able to do complicated stuff like ours, so instead they produce numerous chemicals to disrupt these invading organisms. Every plant without exception is full of them. In 2007 scientists were looking at plant activity against Sars Corona with a view to developing antiviral drugs. The virus they were looking at was extremely similar to today's Covid19. The plants with the most antiviral activity were: Leek, stinging Nettle, Black Mulberry, and Mistletoe. It is possible that these taken uncooked may have antiviral effects against Covid19. The study also indicated some other plants of use, as well as a lack of efficacy of commonly taken herbal remedies Garlic and Elderberry.‘
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Caliban (14th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (16th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), EFO (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Mari (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020)

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

This is a rather old 60 minutes Austrailia episode about a man that was on life support due to swine flu that they were ready to remove until the family insisted that they do Vitamin C therapy first. I found it really an interesting case.

Last edited by Pam; 14th March 2020 at 17:24.

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Alan (14th March 2020), Baby Steps (15th March 2020), Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (16th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), EFO (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Icare (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th March 2020), Stephanie (14th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020)

33. Link to Post #137
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,169 times in 657 posts

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    From an awake Doctor:

‘A bit of whako stuff...but you never know till you do a double blinded RCT. Plants don't like insects eating them, nor do they like going rotten, or getting viruses. Their immune systems are not able to do complicated stuff like ours, so instead they produce numerous chemicals to disrupt these invading organisms. Every plant without exception is full of them. In 2007 scientists were looking at plant activity against Sars Corona with a view to developing antiviral drugs. The virus they were looking at was extremely similar to today's Covid19. The plants with the most antiviral activity were: Leek, stinging Nettle, Black Mulberry, and Mistletoe. It is possible that these taken uncooked may have antiviral effects against Covid19. The study also indicated some other plants of use, as well as a lack of efficacy of commonly taken herbal remedies Garlic and Elderberry.‘
    Thank you, I've always believed that Nature provides

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (15th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), EFO (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Icare (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Stephanie (15th March 2020)

35. Link to Post #138
    France Avalon Member
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,374 times in 354 posts

There is impressive knowledge for treatments on this thread.
    But hereby as basic prevention measure the explanation why using soap to wash hands is working against the virus . And that is easely understandable for the broader population of all ages.

The science of soap – here’s how it kills the coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/cor...us/ar-BB118S62

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th March 2020), Caliban (14th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), EFO (14th March 2020), Franny (14th March 2020), Mari (14th March 2020), Pam (14th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Stephanie (15th March 2020), Sunny (15th March 2020)

37. Link to Post #139
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

A very kind guest from France sent us this email. I absolutely agree with her: fever is a natural response and as long as it's not dangerously high, it's doing the body's magical job just perfectly.

~~~
    Dear Bill, dear Moderators,

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1340940
    "France's Minister of Health advised yesterday via Twitter: (translation of a friend) if you take anti-inflammatory pills, (like ibuprofen, cortisone), this could worsen your infection.
    If you have fever, take paracetamol"

I am not registered in the forum but reading you from France and thanking you for the wealth of the Avalon Forum.

Neither have I time to see and read, understand and fill the necessary info to be eligible to the forum (I'm half blind).

But I must write you because of the above message. How can one give the advice of taking down the fever by taking Paracetamol?

The advice should be:

If you have fever, it means that your body has the strength to self-defend. Don't take the fever down, the fever is our own power acting.

If you are ill and don't have fever, do what is needed to raise your temperature (See for example Dr. Eugene Salmanov: hot baths and the keyword Hyperthermie.)

Fever will simply kill the disease. We have it for this purpose. Don't kill the fever, let your fever kill the disease.

Don't take Paracetamol! It kills the liver and the eyesight (the eyes being the opening of the liver).

We have a long tradition of using essential oils. They are more effective than those pharmaceutical chemicals.

Thank you very much if you can forward my message.
    Love to you all from France,
    [name given]

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (15th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), Franny (15th March 2020), muxfolder (18th March 2020), Reinhard (15th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (16th March 2020), Stephanie (15th March 2020), Yoda (15th March 2020)

39. Link to Post #140
    Thanks

Wonderful information being posted on this thread. Nice one!

Oil defusers have already been mentioned. However, I'd like to add that I'm putting Lemon Myrtle oil into mine. Lemon Myrtle has disinfectant properties and when used in a defuser can disinfect the air. I've no empirical evidence to support this, only my own intuition; by breathing the Lemon Myrtle into my nasal cavity and lungs it can kill off pathogenic material that may be present.

Maybe someone with a better understanding of essential oils can confirm or deny my 'theory'.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Conaire For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (16th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (16th March 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 1 7 17 37 LastLast