1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: Covid-19 Treatment and Prevention

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    ...don't forget about good ol' tylenol cold and flu gel caps. nothing will lessen the symptoms of a flu better or faster. no need to suffer needlessly while you're strengthening the immune system with all the other good stuff
    The tylenol (acetaminophen) stops fever "symptoms", but this "symptom" (fever) is a powerful immune response that should be allowed to occur. In fact, when you get a fever, you should bundle up, take hot baths, and drink hot liquids to help raise your body's temperature. For a headache associated with a fever, I would take curcumin with a little black pepper, maybe add CBD (or CBD + THC) tincture. And water. Dehydration is the source of many headaches - so in the case of fever with headache: hot water, hot herbal tea.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th March 2020), ClearWater (17th March 2020), EFO (18th March 2020), Franny (16th March 2020), Mike (16th March 2020), Sunny (16th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #142
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    ...don't forget about good ol' tylenol cold and flu gel caps. nothing will lessen the symptoms of a flu better or faster. no need to suffer needlessly while you're strengthening the immune system with all the other good stuff
    The tylenol (acetaminophen) stops fever "symptoms", but this "symptom" (fever) is a powerful immune response that should be allowed to occur. In fact, when you get a fever, you should bundle up, take hot baths, and drink hot liquids to help raise your body's temperature. For a headache associated with a fever, I would take curcumin with a little black pepper, maybe add CBD (or CBD + THC) tincture. And water. Dehydration is the source of many headaches - so in the case of fever with headache: hot water, hot herbal tea.

I'm sure you are 100% correct.

I was reticent to take the stuff myself. I took it for one day when I began having symptoms of pressure headache and fever. And then I didn't take it again.

I had a pretty brutal flu about a year ago, and I was sniffling uncontrollably, and suffering thru fever and headache and all sorts of very unpleasant symptoms. After I got done telling my Dad about all the garlic and vitamin C I was taking, and various supplements, I heard a barely audible groan on the other end of the phone. And then he said "you need some tylenol cold and flu".

It hadn't even occurred to me get something like that. Anyway, I was really suffering badly so I got the stuff. The relief was a Godsend. I still continued with all the other stuff I was doing, but now I wasn't so damn miserable.

Anyway, i keep it available for cases of extreme discomfort..only resorting to it if I feel I absolutely need it.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), EFO (18th March 2020), Franny (16th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (16th March 2020), Sunny (16th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #143
    Language
    English
    Thanks

• The antihistamine in the Tylenol cold and flu took care of the runny nose/sinuses. (I don't have a natural antihistamine suggestion.)
    • The shot of alcohol did what people who swear by "hot toddies" does. (relax you?)
    • It's the namesake Tylenol, suppressing natural (and possibly life-saving) fever, that is the bad guy. I'd say, the sicker you are, the more important the fever. Possibly consider, for the next time (that I hope never comes): Do a shot of Jack or Cuervo, take a Benadryl, and cheer on and assist the fever with a hot bath followed by swaddling yourself in blankies.

Your recommendation of raw garlic is on-target. Powerful anti-microbial. Lucky for me I love the taste and have no problem eating relatively large amounts.
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 16th March 2020 at 03:20.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th March 2020), EFO (18th March 2020), Franny (16th March 2020), Mike (16th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (16th March 2020), Sunny (16th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #144
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

• The antihistamine in the Tylenol cold and flu took care of the runny nose/sinuses. (I don't have a natural antihistamine suggestion.)
    • The shot of alcohol did what people who swear by "hot toddies" does. (relax you?)
    • It's the namesake Tylenol, suppressing natural (and possibly life-saving) fever, that is the bad guy. I'd say, the sicker you are, the more important the fever. Possibly consider, for the next time (that I hope never comes): Do a shot of Jack or Cuervo, take a Benadryl, and cheer on and assist the fever with a hot bath followed by swaddling yourself in blankies.

Your recommendation of raw garlic is on-target. Powerful anti-microbial. Lucky for me I love the taste and have no problem eating relatively large amounts.

Cool, thanks for the tip bro.

Jack or Cuervo..say no more. I'm in.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), EFO (18th March 2020), Franny (16th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #145
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

[LIST][*]The antihistamine in the Tylenol cold and flu took care of the runny nose/sinuses. (I don't have a natural antihistamine suggestion.)
    Helichrysum

Quote Colds and cough

Helichrysum essential oil may have antimicrobial properties that help fight colds and coughs. Additionally, colds and coughs can cause inflammation in your airways and inside your nose.

Evidence suggests that helichrysum may also help reduce inflammation. The best way to treat colds and coughs with helichrysum oil is to use a diffuser.
    Latest from Dr. Cheng

Last edited by Delight; 16th March 2020 at 05:31.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (16th March 2020), EFO (18th March 2020), Elainie (19th March 2020), Franny (16th March 2020), gini (22nd March 2020), lightwalker (20th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (16th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #146
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I just happened upon an interesting exchange about elderberry syrup, looking at it as
    1.) a preventative (immune booster)
    and
    2.) treatment (specific to covid-19)

I get advertising emails from a company now called Strictly Medicinal Seeds (a seed vendor, primarily medicinal herbs, strictlymedicinalseeds.com), and there was a link to an article about How to Make Elderberry Syrup.

In the comments, the following exchange occurred: (the takeaway is that elderberry syrup is a good preventative, but problematic as a covid-19 treatment)
    Quote Dana on March 13, 2020
    What are your thoughts on this?

Can other herbalists chime in their thoughts?
    Shared from a friend to whom I forwarded your elderberry link: re: elderberry syrup and COVID-19

With COVID-19 so rampant, I’m seeing people hunt for elderberry syrup for prevention and healing.

And elderberry is *excellent* and medically sound as an antiviral for many flu and respiratory issues.

BUT for the coronavirus, its best to AVOID elderberry at this time.
    I know that’s counterintuitive for a respiratory issue, but let me explain why. As an immune stimulant, it can basically cause your lungs to damage themselves with this particular virus.

The mechanism in question is a “cytokine storm” as referenced in the very credible The Lancet: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...305-6/fulltext

Elderberry increases cytokine response, basically, so when the body is already attacking itself in a cytokine storm, the elderberry further strengthens the response.

Pretty much all my herbalism mentors who usually swear by elderberry are urging extreme caution.

We understand the elderberry mechanisms pretty well, and we understand that the COVID-19 is seeing a lot of cytokine damage in the most acute cases and fatalities. The virus hasn’t been known long enough for more solid science than that on the direct interactions yet.

So it’s basically “don’t use a thing we know feeds this immune response, because this immune response is causing harm with this organism until we know more” in the same way we don’t pour accelerant on a fire.
    Usnea and reishi mushrooom are what I’m seeing most recommended right now, in place of elderberry.

That’s as much as I can offer at current.
    Quote Richo Cech on March 14, 2020
    Hello,
    I’ve steered away from too much discussion about COVID 19 because I don’t want to contribute to the hysteria. The “Cytokine Storm” theory has done exactly that–contributed to the hysteria. Here are some thoughts:
    First off, I don’t see anyone stating the obvious. We have at least 3 stages we should be talking about and developing strategies for: Prevention, Treatment and Recuperation.

In terms of prevention, there are social (or antisocial) issues that are relevant. Go on retreat and focus on your homelife. Fumigate with white sage. Meditate, wash your hands and don’t touch your nose. Take Eleuthero, Ashwagandha, Tulsi and ELDERBERRY SYRUP. “It inhibits the early stages of an infection by blocking key viral proteins responsible for both the viral attachment and entry into the host cells.”

In terms of treatment, that is once flu-like symptoms appear, stop taking the preventive things and start to take the warming herbs. Every herbalist is going to tell you different stuff, because they have different plants in their back yard and tinctures in their apothecary. I respect that, its fine, I simply go out to my environs and collect the herbs and make the tincture. If it is outside my comfort zone (for instance I like green plants, not mushrooms and lichens) then I just don’t use it. Some of the herbs I would dig and use would be Lomatium mixed with dandelion which saved a lot of people in the last pandemic, lesser galangal (Alpinia officinarum) which is an incredibly warming and anti-dysenteric and underappreciated herb that I have growing here, Osha kills most pathogens and has a deep influence on the upper respiratory tract, elecampane for the same reasons. Calamus that is warming and bitter. All of these could be combined with dandelion and chickweed which is coming on right now and will help relieve the system of toxins.

For recuperative phase I suggest burdock, astragalus and (despite my leanings against shrooms) the widely available shiitake, all boiled up in soup until it is mushy and taken hot.
    Richo
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 16th March 2020 at 15:10.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (16th March 2020), Bill Ryan (16th March 2020), EFO (18th March 2020), Franny (18th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (16th March 2020), Sunny (16th March 2020), thepainterdoug (18th March 2020)

13. Link to Post #147
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I had an interesting experience with Guaco (Mikania glomerata)
    Me and my wife got hit with a mild dry cough, sore throat and borderline fever about 3 weeks ago.
    We tried our favorite drink: Turmeric, fresh ginger, whole cloves, black peppers ball, cinnamon, lemon juice and honey.
    plus extra Vit C, D, B complex,
    It worked but not fully.
    Then I red about Guaco leaves. and decided to make a syrup.

And after just 2 days nothing we were just fine.

Also here https://books.google.com.br/books?id...tokine&f=false

Guaco can fight Cytokine storm.

People Just need to be careful with the Guaco leaves: one can be allergic, and it can be hemorrhagic if taken abusively.
    One can see all counter indication and if taking other drug always ask your doctor.
    do not take it over 2 weeks.
    1 teaspoon 3 time a day.

5 gr dry Guaco leave
    5 gr Organic fresh ginger root
    200 gr coconut sugar
    500 ml filtered water
    Add a little water to the sugar then make a slight caramel, then add the Guaco and the Ginger cut in small pieces
    then add the rest of the water, let it boil for 15 mn and let it rest.
    that is it.
    Love with no fear

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacificator For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (22nd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (17th March 2020), gini (22nd March 2020), Sunny (17th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #148
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,531 times in 2,552 posts

This couple talk about their experience with the virus, from start to finish. (They were hospitalized.) I found it very interesting at 20min in how the man was able to avoid intubation.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2020), Denise/Dizi (22nd March 2020), EFO (18th March 2020), Elainie (19th March 2020), muxfolder (18th March 2020), norman (24th March 2020), onevoice (18th March 2020), Sunny (18th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #149
    Thanks

This talks about a major schism that is developing in the perception of the body and health.

I am quite OK at the moment with completely releasing fear of Covid-19. I am now really sure that the radical approach may be the best... work on self, work on immune strength, refuse to be taken hostage, BE OK with the fact that I will die and so stop trying to protect myself from an unknown.

I trust. I love. I will that we all be well in the midst of an upheaval which is like a moment of sitting on a fence where we choose our reality.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), Denise/Dizi (22nd March 2020), EFO (20th March 2020), Iloveyou (22nd March 2020), sllim11 (23rd March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (18th March 2020)

19. Link to Post #150
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

In theory, luteolin should be great against the coronavirus because it dampens the harmful cytokine storm, prevents the coronavirus from using furin, and interferes with its entry by interacting with its S2 protein. There are no human studies about luteolin against the coronavirus yet, however because it should work so well, it's worth a try.

Luteolin dampens the cytokine storm by suppressing inflammatory mediator release by blocking NF-kB and MAPKs pathway activation in HMC-11 cells. Luteolin restricts dengue virus replication through inhibition of the proprotein convertase furin. Furin is also necessary for the coronavirus to infect humans. Luteolin was found to interfere with the entry of SARS-CoV by interacting with the S2 protein of SARS CoV viruses. So luteolin is good against the flu in general, and should be great against the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) in particular.

Luteolin is a flavone, like apigenin. The Japanese eat 0.3 mg/day of luteolin. Far larger amounts are sometimes used in treatments, in an autism study an adult dose equivalent of 500 mg/day was used. Supplements typically have 100 mg/day, 50 mg/day should be pretty safe.

Luteolin protects against many problems, including allergies, alzheimer's, autism, bacterial infections, some cancers, diabetes complications, heart disease, seizures, skin damage, and viral infections.

On the downside, luteolin blocks the effects of progesterone, which might be detrimental in cases of uterine and cervical cancer. While luteolin prevented spontaneous colitis (colon inflammation) in animals, it worsened chemically-induced colitis. By inhibiting NF-kB, it blocked protective molecules in intestinal cells. At an adult dose equivalent of 500 mg/day, treatment with luteolin and other flavonoids temporarily increased irritability in 50% of children with autism spectrum disorders. Luteolin might decrease the survival rate of women with breast cancer.

A safe way of alleviating colitis, a possible downside of luteolin supplementation, is to use a toilet footstool.

Overall, unless someone is vulnerable to one of the downsides, given the many benefits it is reasonable to add 50 mg/day of luteolin powder to a supplement mix or drink. If someone actually gets the coronavirus, they should try adding 500 mg/day to everything else they're doing, until they're cured.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rhydwyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), Denise/Dizi (22nd March 2020), gini (22nd March 2020)

21. Link to Post #151
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    all things listed so far are good, even the beer. but colloidal silver a must. been using for 30 years. cheap safe and effective. and of course, drink water
    How do you us the colloidal silver Doug? As jewelers, we have access to precious metals. And we have had a customer buying silver from us and making massive amounts of this, then bringing me bottles as a kind gesture. He has apparently made it for so long he knows the ratio or parts "per whatever it is" (giggle) they register it in, and I have thus far gotten four bottles of it, but have yet to touch it for fear I would us the wrong amount in the wrong way.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), thepainterdoug (22nd March 2020)

23. Link to Post #152
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    all things listed so far are good, even the beer. but colloidal silver a must. been using for 30 years. cheap safe and effective. and of course, drink water
    How do you us the colloidal silver Doug? As jewelers, we have access to precious metals. And we have had a customer buying silver from us and making massive amounts of this, then bringing me bottles as a kind gesture. He has apparently made it for so long he knows the ratio or parts "per whatever it is" (giggle) they register it in, and I have thus far gotten four bottles of it, but have yet to touch it for fear I would us the wrong amount in the wrong way.
    If he's making it with a generator, you can probably drink it, 1/4—1/2 a cup at a time. (I can do that with the generator I have.) But just ask him!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Denise/Dizi (22nd March 2020), Yoda (23rd March 2020)

25. Link to Post #153
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

He did suggest as much, but of course my family said "No don't do that" hahaha. I will err on the side of caution and use small amounts with the rest of my arsenol of goodies in my cabinet. Thank You Bill.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020)

27. Link to Post #154
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ayt (here)
    This couple talk about their experience with the virus, from start to finish. (They were hospitalized.) I found it very interesting at 20min in how the man was able to avoid intubation.
    Yes, this is really helpful to hear!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd March 2020)

29. Link to Post #155
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

This is essentially how a surgeon washes her/his hands. Most of us will find out that we are not doing it correctly after we watch this:

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Franny (22nd March 2020), muxfolder (22nd March 2020), onevoice (22nd March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd March 2020)

31. Link to Post #156
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Also, a good source to check out is from Cliff High on you tube that the COVID-19 is a bio-weapon but more importantly talks about what to take. https://youtu.be/O1Vofr7IpY8
    40% to 70% will be hit by this virus.
    Best protection [and links of what I ordered via Amazon]:
    Chaga powder or tea [I got the tea; put in warm/hot water to be effective. Found out the powder is more potent].
    3 of Blue Earth Organics Chaga Mushroom Chunks, Wild Harvested in Western Maine. Reuse Chunks for 120+ Cups! (4oz)
    Liposomal Vitamin C
    2 of Premium Liposomal Vitamin C - HMS Nutrition - Superior Absorption Immune and Nervous System Booster Fat Soluable 180 Capsules 90 Day Supply Non-GMO Soy Dairy Gluten Free
    40,000-50,000 Vitamin D3
    2 of Nivagen Pharmaceuticals Inc Vitamin D3 50,000 IU (100)
    Sold by: Nivagen Pharmaceuticals
    Hope this helps. Love2All.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dolor-Rose For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Franny (22nd March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd March 2020)

33. Link to Post #157
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Would you believe that the BBC did a fake news article on colidial silver.
    Side effects; turning blue,kidney failure and brain seizure.
    To top the article of they said it will do nothing against catching a cold.
    So they didnot say it doesn't work against viruses but colds while doing a covid-19 article for the news

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Franny (22nd March 2020)

35. Link to Post #158
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

hi Denise

everytime I ever heard of or had an infection etc, I used colloidal silver over anti biotics. I must have had 10 urinary tract infections I cured, along with an absessed tooth, eye stye and so on over many years. colloidal in the eye, the ear the nose the mouth etc all very harmless.
    No Bill don't make myself but should. I usually use 250ppm and when sick of any kind do a dropper full 3-4 times a day under the tongue , then swallow. So no anti biotics for the good part of my life since using. and the body doesn't build an immunity. and thats key
    as for a virus, well I can't really say, but I do the same with antivirals etc combined.

colloidal silver can't hurt you. its cheap and effective. thats what its attacked as being woo woo.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Franny (22nd March 2020)

37. Link to Post #159
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

Is there a thread or link to let us all know how much colloidal silver to use when ill? Also, is there such a thing as a maintenance dose?
    If one makes it oneself, how to know how many ppm it is? How long to keep it connected to the electricity supply? Is it necessary to stir whilst making or can one just stir after it's finished?
    Many thanks to anyone who can help!

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), thepainterdoug (22nd March 2020)

39. Link to Post #160
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by IChingUChing (here)
    Is there a thread or link to let us all know how much colloidal silver to use when ill? Also, is there such a thing as a maintenance dose?
    If one makes it oneself, how to know how many ppm it is? How long to keep it connected to the electricity supply? Is it necessary to stir whilst making or can one just stir after it's finished?
    Many thanks to anyone who can help!
    Here's a thread, but it's only embryonic right now. There's some info about generators already, but it'd be super-helpful for people to continue this valuable discussion there.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), IChingUChing (23rd March 2020), thepainterdoug (22nd March 2020), Yoda (23rd March 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 1 8 18 37 LastLast