+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 1 9 19 37 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Treatment and Prevention

1. Link to Post #161
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,066 times in 3,146 posts

Default Re: Covid-19 Treatment and Prevention

I have used 500 ppm full long dropper full, 4- 5 times a day. Drinking plenty of water in between with no adverse effects. And after a 7 - 10 day run, I will start taking pro biotics to restore the good bacteria it killed in my gut etc.
    been working like a charm for a long time. but with this virus, just don't know.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), WhiteFeather (23rd March 2020)

3. Link to Post #162
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

Oil of Oregano, as a treatment protocol

Sharing, from my experience against a respiratory virus (not COVID-19.) I'm not a certified herbalist or naturopath, just an ordinary guy. From my research, oil of oregano is the strongest anti-viral plant-based substance, and one of the strongest antibacterial substances (it can even kill MRSA - Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.)

Oil of Oregano is well-known in herbal circles as anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and even anti-fungal. It is the anti-viral properties that are important here.
    My own experience: A few years ago, I had done some research, and had bought oil of oregano in gel capsules. I put the bottle in with a bunch of different herbs and supplements, and sort of forgot about it. Then, I got the mother of all viral flu infections. All the usual flu symptoms (by the way, vomiting is not a typical symptom of influenza), fever, chills and sweats, body aches, cough, headache, lethargy. Only it was greatly magnified, and the symptoms increased very quickly to something like I had never experienced (in all the instances of flu that I had ever had.) It quickly got to the point where I finally realized that a flu really could kill a person, and this time, it was me. I have never had an infection that bad, before or after.

Somehow, I remembered that I had bought oil of oregano. I was desperate to try something. I don't remember how I decided on dosing, whether I looked it up or, more typical for me, read the pill bottle and took even more than the recommendation. I found out quickly that I would burp back a very strong taste of oregano if I took it on an empty stomach, so, even though not hungry, I then made sure to have at least a little bit of food in my stomach, first.

I took 2 oil of oregano capsules. Honestly, I wasn't expecting miracles - all my experiences with herbs had pretty subtle results. I was actually a bit skeptical of what I had read about oil of oregano, so what happened was not a placebo effect.

A couple of hours later, I ate something (like a piece of toast), and took 2 more. In another couple of hours, I ate a bit of food and took 2 more. By the time another couple of hours elapsed and it was time for more, I had started feeling the symptoms lessen. Bite of food and 2 more... and in that next few hours, the fever and chills and body aches dramatically reduced. I remember thinking that I had won the battle. Between doses, I was laying down, covered up, shifting around trying to find a comfortable way to lay when every joint aches, and now I finally had enough relief to fall asleep. I don't remember if I also took doses when I awoke during the night or not. I remember being totally exhausted in the morning - but all of the other symptoms were gone. It was an amazing turnaround. I kept taking doses that next day, on a looser schedule (like, 4 hours between doses), just to make sure all the little invading bastards were really dead.

The details of that story aren't really that important, except that it was classic viral flu symptoms, with the volume knob turned to eleven, and that oil of oregano beat it. The oil of oregano was an inexpensive "house brand" (repackaged and labeled) from an internet vitamin/supplement company. I'll never know the strength (amount of carvacrol) in those capsules, but it was obviously enough to get the job done.
    Protocol I'd recommend, at onset of symptoms:
    Eat something (piece of toast, or a handful of rice, ...), then, take 2 gel caps.*
    Wait 2 hours.
    Eat something (piece of toast, or a handful of rice, ...), then, take 2 gel caps.*
    Wait 2 hours
    Wait 2 hours

Continue this protocol until you feel symptoms substantially lessen in severity

Then, you can back off to less frequent dosing:
    Wait 4 hours
    Wait 4 hours

I would continue this looser protocol for a day after the symptoms dramatically lessen or disappear
    Get good sleep
    Drink lots of fluids (hot fluids when you still have a fever)

The oil of oregano is in addition to whatever other protocol you are throwing at the virus, like Vitamin C and D3, and zinc...

Once you are in a recovery phase, you can stop taking the oil of oregano, but continue taking supplements/herbs/foods that help with immunity. Get more good sleep, and give yourself at least a day to recover your energy from the battle that you and your immune system - and oil of oregano - just won.

*("2 capsules" is a pretty wide interpretation, because the oil of oregano capsules available range in strength - strength is the amount of carvacrol naturally occurring in the oil. I have tried at least 4 different brands that I can think of, some that list the carvacrol amount or percentage, and some that don't, and they all have worked. To my thinking, you basically want to get about as much oil of oregano in you as you can stand when the fight starts, and then taper off. If you got a weak brand, maybe you'll need 3 or 4 of the capsules at once, at first. If you diligently eat something right before taking the capsules, and you still get a horrendous oregano burp back, try a little bit less next time and/or eat a bit more food. If I could only stand to take 1 pill at a time, I'd take them twice as often. I found that almond and cashew-based yogurt does a nice job of "buffering" the possibility of burp back.

In the US, there is a relatively cheap brand called "Nature's Way", 60 (vegan) capsules, about $12 online or about $23 in a health food store, last time I purchased. That brand lists that it contains at least 75% carvacrol, with at least 37.5mg of carvacrol per capsule. The lowest percentage I have seen listed on other brands is 65% carvacrol, and depending on the amount of oil in the capsule, could be around the same - maybe a bit higher. Like I said, it's such a powerful substance that 4 different brands that I tried all worked, so I'm convinced you don't need a specific brand.

Note that there is also liquid tincture/dropper bottles by various manufacturers, and a drop or two in a glass of water could be an adjunct to capsules - but I don't think anyone could get enough of that in their body as is possible with the capsules - it's a pretty potent taste/spicy burn in the mouth.)

{edit, to add}
    Bill made such a good point in this post that I am adding an addendum to my post:
    You may be able to get enough liquid oil of oregano in you to effectively fight a nasty virus by putting liquid drops of oil of oregano into a milder, 'carrier' oil, and swallowing it.

Bill mentioned olive oil; my first thought would be coconut oil. I have only tried putting liquid oil of oregano in a glass of water - and for me, I could never swallow enough oil of oregano in water to equal taking 2 capsules, so didn't pursue the liquid option further. And, come to think of it, if there are any tincture drops on the market that are recommended to be used sublingually, it certainly must be diluted with a lot more carrier oil than the capsules have.
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 23rd March 2020 at 16:38.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th March 2020), Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Elainie (25th March 2020), Franny (23rd March 2020), mountain_jim (23rd March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd March 2020), Sunny (23rd March 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd March 2020), toppy (23rd March 2020), WhiteFeather (23rd March 2020)

5. Link to Post #163
    United States Avalon Member kudzy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I found the following 22 minute long podcast to be so profoundly insightful and helpful that I just can’t help myself from sharing it with everyone. I sincerely hope that you find it equally helpful in these trying times.

https://samharris.org/podcasts/193-m...ion-emergency/

Be safe and smart.
    Much love,
    Darren

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kudzy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd March 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd March 2020)

7. Link to Post #164
    Thanks

Dennis/ your description of the flu you had is harrowing, and a carbon copy of the one I had in January.Nevr had anything like it. And now that I think of it, I had little to no taste or appetite and was amazed how long I went not being hungry at all. And believe me, I said the same thing, that I knew i could die from what I had.

at that time I didn't have much of anything to treat it with and just sweat it out alone in my home. wow, most unusual thing about it was It mentally messed me up. I couldn't think right, and i was not right mentally for a good 7 days after I recovered. I read this about President Wilson during the 1918 flu. It altered him drastically, mentally .
    glad you got past it Dennis .

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), Caliban (23rd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), Elainie (25th March 2020), Franny (23rd March 2020), Sunny (23rd March 2020)

9. Link to Post #165
    Australia Avalon Member DeeMetrios's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 times in 229 posts

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    He did suggest as much, but of course my family said "No don't do that" hahaha. I will err on the side of caution and use small amounts with the rest of my arsenol of goodies in my cabinet. Thank You Bill.
    Hello Denise ,
    Put some in a nasal spray also , its good to have in yr handbag for a few squirts up each nostral & in the mouth if you think you have come accross someone unwell .
    cheers
    D

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeeMetrios For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), Franny (23rd March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd March 2020), Sunny (23rd March 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd March 2020)

11. Link to Post #166
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,474 times in 1,693 posts

I just have to say that I love Avalon.. And when I say Avalon, I mean the people that comprise the membership of Avalon.

I am humbled that you guys are all reaching out to educate everyone, and care enough to make sure we are well... My sincere Thank You's to all of you offering up advice to others... it matters...

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), DeeMetrios (23rd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), Franny (23rd March 2020), Longjohn (26th March 2020), onevoice (23rd March 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd March 2020)

13. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

Dee Metrious / great idea regarding the nasal spray. the nose is a key entry point

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), DeeMetrios (27th July 2021), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), Franny (23rd March 2020), Sunny (23rd March 2020)

15. Link to Post #168
    Australia Avalon Member DeeMetrios's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 times in 229 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Dee Metrious / great idea regarding the nasal spray. the nose is a key entry point
    it is doug & in the past 12 mnths discovered somewhere whilst reading "that the roof of the mouth is where our skin is its thinest", thus most absorbent of anything thats in it .( i think im correct )

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeeMetrios For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), Constance (23rd August 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), Franny (23rd March 2020), onevoice (23rd March 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd March 2020)

17. Link to Post #169
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Dear All,

I've been looking at the possibilities for what we can do to prevent and treat infection by the COVID-19 virus, and few days ago I came across a report that a doctor in Wuhan by the name of Doctor Richard Cheng has been working with vitamin C as a means of both preventing infection and even treating terminal cases that are in the final stages of Sepsis.

See the following two short videos and the others on his YouTube channel. It's amazing that millions of people have not been viewing them!

In one of his videos, he briefly mentioned orthomolecular medicine (similar to functional medicine), which I've been following for quite some time. Here's a very relevant, but brief article:

Vitamin C Protects Against Coronavirus

Note the other supplements mentioned, such as Vitamin D3, magnesium, zinc and selenium.

The writer of this article, Andrew Saul, is also responsible for one of my favourite medical websites, DoctorYourself.com. Over the last few years, I have found this extremely helpful in dealing with basic health problems. On this page, read the very interesting text on the coronavirus.

A video presented by him (on Brighteon):

Coronavirus, Vitamin C, Fake News and Censorship

Other articles worth reading:

Vitamin C Works for Sepsis. Will It Work for Coronavirus?

Essential Nutrition to Protect Yourself From Coronavirus

Last, but not least, an interesting perspective on the whole coronavirus epidemic:

If you're one of those people who doesn't believe in the efficacy of Vitamin C, you should at least listen to Wolfgang Wodarg!

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Longjohn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), Caliban (23rd March 2020), DeeMetrios (26th March 2020), Delight (23rd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), Elainie (23rd March 2020), Franny (23rd March 2020), muxfolder (23rd March 2020), Pam (23rd March 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd March 2020)

19. Link to Post #170
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

To piggyback on Dennis' Oil of Oregano post-- yes, it's terrific. I got Puritan's Pride brand, don't even know if it's a good or great one, but it works. Haven't really had symptoms (only sore throat) but you can actually feel it working on you somehow, adding strength. It's like it's "cleaning you out," in a way.

I'm still taking one or two a day. Really GREAT supplement especially now.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), Delight (23rd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), thepainterdoug (26th March 2020)

21. Link to Post #171
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    To piggyback on Dennis' Oil of Oregano post-- yes, it's terrific. I got Puritan's Pride brand, don't even know if it's a good or great one, but it works. Haven't really had symptoms (only sore throat) but you can actually feel it working on you somehow, adding strength. It's like it's "cleaning you out," in a way.

I'm still taking one or two a day. Really GREAT supplement especially now.
    I have exactly that brand too, and highly recommend it. But I also have pure oregano oil in a bottle.

If you drop anything up to 12 drops into a tablespoon of olive (or any) oil, then you can take it straight without burning. (And that's a lot.) The advantage of that is that it then coats the throat, rather going straight to the stomach to be digested.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (23rd March 2020), Baby Steps (26th March 2020), Caliban (23rd March 2020), DeeMetrios (26th March 2020), Delight (23rd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), Franny (23rd March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd March 2020), Sunny (25th March 2020), thepainterdoug (26th March 2020), WhiteFeather (23rd March 2020), Yoda (23rd March 2020)

23. Link to Post #172
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,527 times in 642 posts

And don't forget exercise. Get out of breath, important. Jumping jacks, marine style (1-2-3/1), stretching, sit ups, push ups. And get outside at least once a day.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), DeeMetrios (27th July 2021), muxfolder (24th March 2020), thepainterdoug (26th March 2020)

25. Link to Post #173
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,262 times in 5,712 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Quote Posted by Ayt (here)
    This couple talk about their experience with the virus, from start to finish. (They were hospitalized.) I found it very interesting at 20min in how the man was able to avoid intubation.
    Yes, this is really helpful to hear!
    I know people are really wanting to figure out WHY people are so ill and WHO may have unleashed this ill and WHEN they first knew and HOW we will manage and maybe WHERE we can place the blame.

BUT IMO people would really benefit from WHAT we can do to need no respirator IF we develop ARDS. Some have been studying the techniques like Wim Hof, researching supplements, etc. In a crisis it is really HARD to learn new info and practice is difficult. This insult is NOT going to be withstood without some intervention we do,especially if it spreads as it is seeming to spread. I am just sayin that the time to make inner WORK is before you have to call on it. This gentleman avoided a respirator and it wasn't an accident and he used what he KNEW to do it.

I am just saying please be aware that if we spend a few of the hours investing in practice of a mind/body enhancing tool, it will pay off no matter what happens.

This is real

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), Franny (24th March 2020), muxfolder (24th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th March 2020), thepainterdoug (26th March 2020)

27. Link to Post #174
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,262 times in 5,712 posts

Commune with your immune
    relate to your innate
    make the hidden do your bidden

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd March 2020), Caliban (23rd March 2020), DeeMetrios (26th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (23rd March 2020), Elainie (25th March 2020), Franny (24th March 2020), muxfolder (24th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th March 2020), sllim11 (23rd March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th March 2020)

29. Link to Post #175
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,660 times in 1,521 posts

melatonin is being suggested as useful

we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th March 2020), Delight (28th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (24th March 2020), Elainie (27th March 2020), Franny (25th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th March 2020), thepainterdoug (26th March 2020)

31. Link to Post #176
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 times in 2,098 posts

Dr Mercola's suggestions and directions for keeping surfaces clean and disinfected.

What Is the Best Disinfectant for Surfaces?

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

Due to it being an enveloped virus (meaning its single-strand RNA is enveloped in a bubble of lipid or fatty molecules), COVID-19 (as all other coronaviruses) is highly susceptible to soap and disinfectants

To disinfect and sterilize surfaces around your home, you need to clean the surface first. Soap and water is a good choice. Once the surface is clean of dirt and sticky grime, spray your chosen disinfectant on the surface and let it set for up to several minutes before wiping

If using an alcohol-based disinfectant to inactivate and protect against coronaviruses on surfaces around your home, make sure it contains between 60% and 80% alcohol. Higher concentrations are less potent

Chlorine disinfectants such as household bleach have broad antimicrobial activity and effectively kills bacteria, fungi and viruses, including influenza viruses

Accelerated hydrogen peroxide (AHP) is more effective than 3% hydrogen peroxide and appears to be the most effective virucide overall. It can kill viruses in as little as 30 seconds. Other easy but effective home disinfectants include 10% malt vinegar and distilled white vinegar in combination with 3% hydrogen peroxide (see safety precautions)

What Is the Best Disinfectant for Surfaces?

COVID-19, the novel coronavirus identified in Wuhan City, China, in December 2019, is part of a family of viruses with a crown- or halo-like (corona) appearance.1 As explained on the Virginia Department of Health website, seven human coronaviruses have currently been identified:

Types 229E, NL63, OC43 and KHU1 are quite common and cause mild to moderate respiratory infections such as the common cold.

SARS-CoV (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus), discovered in China in 2002, spread to 26 countries3 before disappearing in 2003. No SARS cases have been reported since 2004, anywhere in the world. As the name implies, SARS-CoV is associated with severe respiratory illness4 and had a mortality rate of approximately 10%.

MERS-CoV (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus), discovered in 2012, originated in Saudi Arabia and spread to 27 countries before being contained. Like SARS, MERS causes more severe respiratory infections than the four common coronaviruses and has a mortality rate of about 35%.

SARS COV-2 (initially called 2019-nCoV) has, since December 2019, spread to 127 countries and regions. While causing milder symptoms than SARS, and having a far lower mortality rate than either SARS or MERS, its infection rate appears far more accelerated.

There may be several reasons for this. According to preliminary findings, SARS COV-2 can remain airborne for three hours, and can survive on plastic and stainless steel surfaces for up to three days, thus facilitating its spread.

Bioweapons expert Francis Boyle also believes SARS COV-2 has been weaponized with so-called “gain of function” properties that allow it to spread through the air up to 7 feet, which is greater than normal.

SARS COV-2 appears to affect a disproportionate number of older people; the older you are, the greater your susceptibility. At present, the mortality rate for SARS COV-2 is estimated to be between 3% and 6%.

Due to it being an enveloped virus (meaning its single-strand RNA is enveloped in a bubble of lipid or fatty molecules), COVID-19 (as all other coronaviruses) is highly susceptible to soap and disinfectants, which is good news. Some disinfectants are more effective than others, however, which is the focus of this article.

While there are many chemical disinfectants, I’ll focus on those that are most readily available for home use. You can learn more about other disinfectants and sterilizing agents used in health care settings on the CDC’s Chemical Disinfectants for Infection Control webpage.

Alcohol-Based Disinfectants

Alcohol-based disinfectants will contain either ethyl alcohol or isopropyl alcohol at various levels of strength (50% or greater). While alcohol primarily kills bacteria, it also has potent fungicidal and viricidal activity at concentrations above 60%.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the microbial action of alcohol is thought to be due to its ability to denature proteins. Straight ethyl alcohol is less bactericidal than alcohol mixed with water, as the presence of water allows proteins to be denatured more rapidly.

When it comes to viruses, different alcohols are more or less effective depending on the type of virus in question.

Ethyl alcohol — Provided the concentration is higher than 60%, ethyl alcohol effectively inactivates lipophilic viruses such as influenza viruses, coronaviruses and many (but not all) hydrophilic viruses

Isopropyl alcohol — While killing lipid viruses such as coronavirus, isopropyl alcohol is ineffective against nonlipid enteroviruses

If using an alcohol-based disinfectant to inactivate and protect against coronaviruses on surfaces around your home, make sure it contains between 60% and 80% alcohol. According to the World Health Organization:

Quote "Alcohol solutions containing 60–80% alcohol are most effective, with higher concentrations being less potent. This paradox results from the fact that proteins are not denatured easily in the absence of water …"
    What’s more, while alcohol-based disinfectants are highly effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, they can be more or less effective against viruses, depending on the type of virus.

They’re quite ineffective against nonenveloped (nonlipophilic) viruses, but tend to work better against enveloped viruses, which is what SARS COV-2 is. Keep in mind that for hand sanitation, soap and warm water is the most effective. Only use alcohol-based hand sanitizers if soap and water are unavailable.

Chlorine Bleach

Chlorine disinfectants such as household bleach, which typically contains 5.25% to 6.15% sodium hypochlorite, have broad antimicrobial activity and effectively kills bacteria, fungi and viruses, including influenza viruses. It has several major biological drawbacks, however. For example, bleach:

• Can irritate your mucus membranes

• Decomposes, forming deadly gasses, when exposed to heat or light

• Can damage some household surfaces

• Can be highly reactive if mixed with other chemicals. Never mix bleach with another product as deadly gasses can form, and make sure you have good ventilation in the area. Examples of common household cleaning agents that should never be mixed with bleach to avoid serious injury or death include:

◦ Bleach and vinegar — forms highly irritating chlorine gas

◦ Bleach and ammonia — forms toxic chloramine gas

◦ Bleach and rubbing alcohol — forms highly toxic chloroform gas

• Decomposes over time, so buy recently produced stock and avoid overstocking

Also make sure you dilute bleach with cold water, as hot water will inactivate it, rendering it ineffective for sterilization. Ideally, use mask and gloves when using bleach. You should also dilute it before using. “Infection Prevention and Control of Epidemic- and Pandemic-Prone Acute Respiratory Infections in Health Care” recommends diluting bleach containing 5% sodium hypochlorite to 0.05% before using.

Hydrogen Peroxide and Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide

Hydrogen peroxide has the ability to kill or inactivate bacteria, viruses, spores, yeast and fungi. A list of brand name sterilants and disinfectants cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration that contain 1% to 7.5% hydrogen peroxide can be found on the FDA’s website. As explained by the CDC:

Quote “Hydrogen peroxide works by producing destructive hydroxyl free radicals that can attack membrane lipids, DNA, and other essential cell components.

Catalase, produced by aerobic organisms and facultative anaerobes that possess cytochrome systems, can protect cells from metabolically produced hydrogen peroxide by degrading hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen. This defense is overwhelmed by the concentrations used for disinfection.”
    Commercially available 3% hydrogen peroxide is stable and effective for disinfecting a wide variety of surfaces. Contrary to bleach, hydrogen peroxide is molecularly very similar to water — it just has an additional oxygen atom — so it doesn’t produce any dangerous compounds when breaking down. Its inherent safety (provided you don’t drink it) makes it an excellent choice for home sanitation.

Quote An even better alternative is accelerated hydrogen peroxide (AHP), sold under the brand name Rescue and some others. Compared to pharmaceutical grade 3% hydrogen peroxide, AHP works much faster, so you don’t need to wet the surface for as long. AHP can kill viruses in as little as 30 seconds. According to Solutions Designed for Health Care:

“AHP® is composed of hydrogen peroxide, surface acting agents (surfactants), wetting agents (a substance that reduces the surface tension of a liquid, causing the liquid to spread across or penetrate more easily the surface of a solid) and chelating agents (a substance that helps to reduce metal content and/or hardness of water).
    The ingredients are all listed on the EPA and Health Canada Inerts lists and the FDA Generally Regarded as Safe List (GRAS). All chemicals used in the formulation of AHP® are commonly found in commercial and industrial cleaners and disinfectants.”

According to Virox Technologies Inc. (a manufacturer of AHP), Health Canada named AHP the surface disinfectant of choice for health care facilities during the 2003 SARS outbreaks. Overall, AHP appears to be one of the best and safest broad-spectrum viricidals available.

Malt Vinegar and Plain Soap Both Work

Another common household staple that can be used to disinfect viruses is 10% malt vinegar (made from malted barley grain, which is also used to make beer; a second fermentation turns the ale into vinegar).

As noted in the 2010 article, “Effectiveness of Common Household Cleaning Agents in Reducing the Viability of Human Influenza A/H1N1,” published in PLOS ONE:

Quote “Our findings indicate that it is possible to use common, low-technology agents such as 1% bleach, 10% malt vinegar, or 0.01% washing-up liquid to rapidly and completely inactivate influenza virus.

Thus, in the context of the ongoing pandemic, and especially in low-resource settings, the public does not need to source specialized cleaning products, but can rapidly disinfect potentially contaminated surfaces with agents readily available in most homes …

The addition of any of 1% bleach, 50% and 10% malt vinegar and 1%, 0.1% and 0.01% washing up liquid were all effective at rapidly reducing viable virus below the limit of detection, while a low concentration of vinegar (1%) was no more effective than hot water alone …

While a strong oxidizing agent such as bleach is effective at reducing both genome detection and virus infectivity, low pH and detergent are equally efficacious virucidal agents. These results also indicate that whilst vinegar and detergent disrupt the viral envelope proteins reducing infectivity, only bleach disrupts the viral genome.”
    White Vinegar Is Not a Good Disinfectant

While 10% malt vinegar appears to be effective enough as a viral disinfectant, distilled white vinegar with an ascetic acid range of 4% to 8% is a rather poor choice, according to Talk CLEAN to Me, a blog by experts in chemical disinfection for infection prevention:

Quote “… the various organic acid disinfectants … typically lack a broad spectrum of kill compared to higher level disinfectants such as bleach and hydrogen peroxide … You may be thinking ‘Hey, wait! Vinegar and acetic acid have been used for hundreds of years as methods of disinfection and sanitization.’

However, it is important to note that these only show strength against relatively easy to kill organisms such as pseudomonas. There is no current data that concludes that organic acids bolster a broad spectrum of kill.”
    How to Safely Use Vinegar With Hydrogen Peroxide

In short, white vinegar has a low speed of disinfection (you’d have to leave it on for at least 10 minutes), and kills only the most easily destroyed microbes. That said, you could boost the effectiveness of white vinegar by using it in combination with hydrogen peroxide.

An important caveat here is that you must use them separately and not mixed together, as the chemical reaction will form a highly corrosive and unstable form of peracetic acid. A recipe by Susan Sumner, associate dean of College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Virginia Tech, is offered by Cleaning Business Today:

• Pour 3% hydrogen peroxide into one spray bottle and distilled white vinegar (5% ascetic acid) into a second bottle. Do NOT mix together in one bottle as they will create an unstable and highly corrosive form of peracetic acid
    • Clean the surface with soap and water. Dry with clean cloth or paper towel
    • Spray the surface with either the hydrogen peroxide or the vinegar. The order does not matter; just don’t spray them on at the same time as when mixed they will create an unstable form of peracetic acid
    • Let it set for at least five minutes before wiping off with a clean cloth or paper towel
    • Repeat with the second bottle
    Clean First, Disinfect After

If your aim is to disinfect and sterilize, keep in mind that you need to clean the surface first. Soap and water is likely one of the best alternatives here, as the soap will effectively inactivate viruses.

Once the surface is clean of dirt and sticky grime, spray you chosen disinfectant on the surface and let it set for up to several minutes before wiping. The time required will depend on the disinfectant you use.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th March 2020), DeeMetrios (26th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (26th March 2020), mountain_jim (26th March 2020), muxfolder (26th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th March 2020), Sue (Ayt) (26th March 2020), thepainterdoug (26th March 2020)

33. Link to Post #177
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,660 times in 1,521 posts

A bit more on curcumin, the following paper lists a number of substances

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript...26/v1/download

A Doc has speculated that plant lectins, active against earlier versions of SARS are probably useful, and suggests leek juice

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...lication_cycle
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (28th March 2020), Franny (28th March 2020), thepainterdoug (26th March 2020)

35. Link to Post #178
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

More success with large doses of vitamin C:

Daughter‘s story: family saved from Covid-19 by taking VC

It's tragic that only 3,600 people have viewed this video so far.

Dr. Cheng recommends large amounts of vitamin C for prevention (5,000 to 10,0000 mg) and even more for treatment (15,000 to 25,000 mg). This table summarises his proposed doses for COVID-19:

Name:  image.png
Views: 129
Size:  148.9 KB
    Note: The quantity used for prevention in children should be 5,000 mg (i.e., 5 gms)

However, Andrew Saul in Orthomolecular.org recommends only 3 gms a day for prevention, as described in this article: 'Vitamin C Protects Against Coronavirus', but contains a very useful list of vital supplements to take:

Vitamin C: 3,000 milligrams (or more) daily, in divided doses.
    Vitamin D3: 2,000 International Units daily. (Start with 5,000 IU/day for two weeks, then reduce to 2,000).
    Magnesium: 400 mg daily (in citrate, malate, chelate, or chloride form).
    Zinc: 20 mg daily.
    Selenium: 100 mcg (micrograms) daily.

These are not esoteric remedies. In the West, the medical profession remains hidebound by its absolute obsession with pharmaceuticals, whereas the Chinese with their long history of alternative medicine have no such qualms.

Is this (and their possible use of Interferon Alpha-2B?) the reason why their outbreak has subsided so rapidly?

This next article appears to confirm their serious commitment to Vitamin C:

50 TONS OF VITAMIN C TO WUHAN!

Practically everyone knows about vitamin C, and you don't have to explain it to them in too many words. You just have to tell them to take more!

Best, Longjohn
    Last edited by Longjohn; 29th March 2020 at 10:48.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Longjohn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th March 2020), Delight (28th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (28th March 2020), Elainie (27th March 2020), Franny (28th March 2020), Icare (29th March 2020), mountain_jim (26th March 2020), muxfolder (26th March 2020)

37. Link to Post #179
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...bal-depression

Tuesday, 24 March 2020
    How to Fight Coronavirus (Without Causing a Global Depression)
    Written by Luis Miguel

How to Fight Coronavirus (Without Causing a Global Depression)

In a letter to President Trump, Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai (shown) offers a plan for protecting those vulnerable to COVID-19 while allowing the healthy to return to work.

States and cities are shutting down businesses, closing schools, prohibiting crowds, imposing curfews—all to contain the spread of coronavirus.

The draconian measures are a major subversion of Americans’ constitutional liberties, yet proponents of such policies claim they are a necessary evil to prevent this latest pandemic from causing mass fatalities. The disastrous effect on our economy, they say, is to be preferred to the deaths of millions.

But what if we didn’t have to choose one or the other? What if protecting American lives and preserving our freedom and economic stability weren’t mutually exclusive?

Sound too good to be true? Not according to Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai.

In a letter to President Trump, Dr. Ayyadurai, a world-renowned systems scientist and pioneer in the field of systems biology, outlined a solution to the current crisis that he said would restore the immune health of the American people without jeopardizing the nation’s economic health.

Ayyadurai holds four degrees from MIT, to which he returned in 2003 to complete doctoral work within the Department of Biological Engineering—work that led him to develop CytoSolve, a “scalable computational platform for modeling the cell by dynamic integration of molecular pathways models.”

In his letter to the president, Dr. Ayyadurai rejects the response model pushed by Dr. Anthony Fauci, who serves as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and is seen as the guiding force behind the Trump administration’s coronavirus policy.

“The current trajectory of Dr. Fauci’s public ‘health’ policy will result in the short-and long-term destruction of citizens’ immune health as well as our nation’s economic health,” Dr. Ayyadurai asserts. “Dr. Fauci’s policy, at best, is based on a 1950s outdated ‘one-size-fits-all,’ non-personalized approach to medicine and public health; and at worst, is derived from a ‘fake science’ understanding of the immune system … .”

Dr. Ayyadurai argues that “[t]here is no need to shut down our entire country. There is no need to quarantine all of our citizens. The solution herein provides a path to advance the immune health of all our citizens while getting our healthy people back to work — now.”

The MIT-grad lays the foundation for his proposal by explaining that, contrary to the common misconception, it is not the virus — coronavirus or otherwise — that harms individuals, but a person’s own faulty immune system.

The modern science of the immune system informs us that it is the over reaction [sic] of our OWN weakened and dysfunctional immune system attacking tissues and cells of our own body that harms and kills, versus the virus — be it COVID-19 or any other virus.... In healthy individuals, the immune system processes pathogens with a natural immune response that is mild and non-lethal; however, in those who are immune-compromised — elderly and those with pre-existing conditions—their own immune systems may overreact; and in the case of COVID-19, attacking lung epithelial cells and tissues leading to hospitalization and mortality.

It is commonly acknowledged that even though all Americans are being asked to self-quarantine and refrain from their regular business, coronavirus generally provokes serious symptoms in the elderly and those who have weakened immune systems due to conditions like heart disease, diabetes, or obesity.

Healthy adults are usually either asymptomatic or at most experience a brief fever and flu-like symptoms, while cases of affliction in children are rare.

Dr. Ayyadurai holds that because most Americans will not be severely impacted by the virus, it is not necessary to quarantine everyone. And because the risk is the result of a weakened immune system, the key is to strengthen people’s immunity.

He then goes on to outline “the solution that can lead America back to health—immune and economic:”

STEP 1 - Organize our citizens into four (4) groups

Group I - Testing positive for COVID-19

Group II - Hospitalized and in critical condition

Group III - Immuno-compromised & NOT COVID-19 positive

Group IV - Healthy individuals & NOT COVID-19 positive

STEP 2 - Deliver a Personalized Protocol for Each Group

Group I Protocol

• Quarantine until they test negative for COVID-19

• 400,000 IU of Vitamin A Palmitate per day for 2 days

• 50,000 IU of Vitamin D per day for 2 days

Group II Protocol

• Deliver intravenous Vitamin C - 100 mg drip per day until they are back to normal.

Group III Protocol

[Immuno-compromised are those, though not limited to, with: AIDS, CVID, Diabetes (Type I & Type II e.g. high blood sugar), COPD, Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, autoimmune disorders, and those taking monoclonal antibody drugs]. This protocol will support boosting their internal defense mechanisms.

For Children:

• 500 mg of Vitamin C per day

• Iodine/Iodide - e.g. Brand Lugols - 3 drops per drink, once per day

For Adults:

• 1,000 mg of Vitamin C per day on going

• Iodine/Iodide - e.g. Brand Lugols - 6 drops per drink, once per day

Group IV Protocol

[These are healthy individuals, who do not fall into Group I or Group II]

For Children:

• 1,000 IU Vitamin A Palmitate per day ongoing

• 2,000 IU of Vitamin D per day ongoing

• 250 mg of Vitamin C per day

• Iodine/Iodide - e.g. Brand Lugols - 3 drops per drink, once per day

For Adults:

• 10,000 IU of Vitamin A Palmitate per day

• 5,000 IU of Vitamin D per day

• 1,000 mg of Vitamin C per day

• Iodine/Iodide - e.g. Brand Lugols - 6 drops per drink, once per day

STEP 3 - Back to Work and Maintenance

Healthy individuals based on the above protocol should get back to work immediately and follow their daily program as aforementioned. Individuals in Group I to Group III, until they regain full health, should do the following on a monthly basis:

• 400,000 IU of Vitamin A Palmitate per day for 2 days, 1/month

• 50,000 IU of Vitamin D per day for 2 days, 1/month

• Iodine/Iodide - e.g. Brand Lugols - 3 drops per drink for children; and 6 drops per drink for adults, once per day

• Vitamin C: 250 mg per day for children, 1000 mg per day for adults, once per day.

Such a model, based on complete information, personalized solutions, and individual choice, would be far better than ever-growing government controls we are currently witnessing.

In a video interview on The New American, Dr. Ayyadurai, who is running for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts, explained why having the right vitamin levels is crucial:

What happens when you age? Well, two things happen. Your thyroid actually goes down in function. Why is that of concern? Because when your thyroid goes down in function, your body stops producing enough vitamin A because your thyroid takes carotenoids from fruits and vegetables and it converts into vitamin A.

Why is vitamin A important? Well, vitamin A creates cytokeratins to protect your cells from impingement of other pathogens. So, if you have low vitamin A — by the way, vitamin A’s not a vitamin, it’s a hormone. It modulates all sorts of immune functions.

In a statement to TNA, physician Stephen Grable MD, also highlighted the key roles these vitamins play in immune health:

Vitamin D3 regulates the immune system, reduces cytokine storm and even calms genetic defects in young people which can predispose them to excessive inflammation.

Vitamin A is crucial in the formation and stability of epithelial cells. Vitamin A has impacts on macrophages, T cells and antibody dependent immune responses. It has been shown to lower morbidity and mortality in measles, acute pneumonia, infectious diarrhea, malaria, hand/foot/mouth disease among others.

If it all sounds too simple, remember that those who seek to impose authoritarianism detest simple solutions. Why? Simple solutions don’t provide very good cover for expanding state power.

Photo of Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai: screen-shot from his video interview with The New American

Luis Miguel is a writer whose journalistic endeavors shed light on the Deep State, the immigration crisis, and the enemies of freedom. Follow his exploits on Facebook, Twitter, Bitchute, and at luisantoniomiguel.com.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th March 2020), Delight (28th March 2020), Dennis Leahy (28th March 2020), Franny (28th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th March 2020), Sunny (28th March 2020), thepainterdoug (29th March 2020)

39. Link to Post #180
    UK Avalon Member lightpotential's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,165 times in 149 posts

Here is a brief video I did about food safety and the lock downs. Make sure the food you are getting is not out of date.

Visit my website Lost Age Secrets

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightpotential For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th March 2020), DeeMetrios (29th March 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 1 9 19 37 LastLast