Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Default Re: Jordan Peterson Update

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Mari (here)
    Quote Posted by gini (here)
    --Jordan Peterson has an important message for canadians. 15/2/22 3 minutes

He is pretty much saying to the truckers, 'don't be too demanding, don't look too deeply at the real Globalist Agenda, plans for digital ID, social credit system, transhumanism etc etc. Just accept you've 'won' when Trudeau goes and a 'new improved' leader takes his place....so the System can continue. In other words...move along, you've had your fun, now **** off.
    That's a weird take. More like, "if you need to avoid being destroyed by force by a government that has instituted marshall law, know that what you have done has already made a big difference in the world and don't feel defeated."

When you are focused only on witches ... you find witches. Not sure if any of you have been following JP throughout this ... it seems not.
    It's not a weird take DeDukshyn.
    Peterson has always been half-baked in my view.
    Usually very guarded in what he has to say.

Check the video he made yesterday (two minutes) that Mari is referring to.
    He's basically saying, it's time to raise your white flags and go home now!
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 16th February 2022 at 12:55. Reason: edited for relevant content after copying the post to this new thread

2. Link to Post #142
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)

He is pretty much saying to the truckers, 'don't be too demanding, don't look too deeply at the real Globalist Agenda, plans for digital ID, social credit system, transhumanism etc etc. Just accept you've 'won' when Trudeau goes and a 'new improved' leader takes his place....so the System can continue. In other words...move along, you've had your fun, now **** off.
    That's a weird take. More like, "if you need to avoid being destroyed by force by a government that has instituted marshall law, know that what you have done has already made a big difference in the world and don't feel defeated."

When you are focused only on witches ... you find witches. Not sure if any of you have been following JP throughout this ... it seems not.

I was referring to that video. Watched yesterday on FB. That's not what I heard at all. Like I said ... when you look for witches everywhere, everywhere is where you find them.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 16th February 2022 at 12:55. Reason: edited for relevant content after copying the post to this new thread
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

BushPilot (15th February 2022), ClearWater (16th February 2022), eagle0027 (15th February 2022), gini (16th February 2022), Hermoor (15th February 2022), Kryztian (15th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022), Tintin (16th February 2022)

4. Link to Post #143
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

[/COLOR]

I was referring to that video. Watched yesterday on FB. That's not what I heard at all. Like I said ... when you look for witches everywhere, everywhere is where you find them.
    I'm not looking for witches everywhere.

He's saying (paraphrasing) thanks for all your hard work truckers!
    You've served your purpose, now it's time to go home!

If you agree with that sentiment, then we have opposing views on what this trucker protest is all about.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

ClearWater (16th February 2022), gini (16th February 2022), Hermoor (15th February 2022), holcaul (15th February 2022), Kryztian (15th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022)

6. Link to Post #144
    Language
    English
    Thanks

[/COLOR]

If you agree with that sentiment, then we have opposing views on what this trucker protest is all about.
    Like I said I heard, "If you guys feel you have to quit, consider what you have done a success." If you want to keep seeing your negative viewpoint on it, where I don't, then that is fine. I don't agree with what your opinion about what he said, means. Pretty sure that was obvious as to what I was getting at. Nothing to do with whether I agree with the protest or not ... lol, nothing at all, how'd you end up trying to make it about that? Stop trying to read into things so much ... like I said the harder one tries to do that, the more (witches = negative elements)) one will find.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

BushPilot (15th February 2022), gini (16th February 2022), Harmony (16th February 2022), Hermoor (15th February 2022), holcaul (15th February 2022), Tintin (16th February 2022), wondering (16th February 2022)

8. Link to Post #145
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

[/COLOR]

Like I said I heard, "If you guys feel you have to quit, consider what you have done a success." If you want to keep seeing your negative viewpoint on it, where I don't, then that is fine. I don't agree with what your opinion about what he said, means. Pretty sure that was obvious as to what I was getting at. Nothing to do with whether I agree with the protest or not ... lol, nothing at all, how'd you end up trying to make it about that? Stop trying to read into things so much ... like I said the harder one tries to do that, the more (witches = negative elements)) one will find.
    You still don't get it.

This is fundamental.
    This is VERY IMPORTANT!

The protest is not about scoring a few points and then driving home.
    It never was. And that is what Peterson is saying it's about.

The protest is about the Federal government ending ALL FEDERAL MANDATES.
    The truckers have stated they won't leave until ALL the mandates have been lifted.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

avid (15th February 2022), Blacklight43 (15th February 2022), ClearWater (16th February 2022), gini (16th February 2022), lisalu (15th February 2022), Mari (16th February 2022), Nasu (15th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022), Satori (15th February 2022), wondering (16th February 2022)

10. Link to Post #146
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,719 times in 203 posts

[/COLOR]

DeDukshyn, I am not sure you understand the problem with Jordan's address. Peterson urges the protesters to "determine criteria for satisfaction", I feel that truckers were and are very clear with what are the criteria for "satisfaction",
    remove vaccine mandates on a federal level which can be done by the prime minister (that should at least come out and talk to them).

I agree with Mari and Dave. Peterson's message is weak and uninspiring, to say the least. The last time Peterson took a stance and grew a pair was in 2016 when he fought bill C-16. Since he came back from his nervous breakdown and recovery from benzos withdrawal he was mostly philosophizing and treading very carefully on hot button issues.

That is, DeDukshyn, what me, Dave and Mari have problems with.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to holcaul For This Post:

ClearWater (16th February 2022), DaveToo (15th February 2022), DeDukshyn (15th February 2022), gini (18th February 2022), Hermoor (16th February 2022), Nasu (15th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022), wondering (16th February 2022)

12. Link to Post #147
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by holcaul (here)
    ... <trimmed> ...

DeDukshyn, I am not sure you understand the problem with Jordan's address. Peterson urges the protesters to "determine criteria for satisfaction", I feel that truckers were and are very clear with what are the criteria for "satisfaction",
    remove vaccine mandates on a federal level which can be done by the prime minister (that should at least come out and talk to them).

I agree with Mari and Dave. Peterson's message is weak and uninspiring, to say the least. The last time Peterson took a stance and grew a pair was in 2016 when he fought bill C-16. Since he came back from his nervous breakdown and recovery from benzos withdrawal he was mostly philosophizing and treading very carefully on hot button issues.

That is, DeDukshyn, what me, Dave and Mari have problems with.
    I'm saying I disagree. You guys have your opinions, fine. Why are you all making a big deal if I disagree with your subjective opinions on how you "interpreted" what he said? Have you watched all Petersons videos and interviews on the convoy since it started? Or are you judging this based on what you felt about him in 2016?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this particular discussion doesn't really warrant any more dialogue. One man (peterson) said his opinion, and I suppose we're all supposed to chime with a negative analysis and smear against him. As a Canadian, I have seen so much smear in the last few weeks it is not even funny, and I'm certainly not going to start using the tactics that they use, to smear people that have been quite supporting of the protest and critical of the government throughout this whole thing.

Like Dave - feel free to do that if you wish. I know it wasn't exactly what some of us wished he would have said, but just because it wasn't doesn't mean he should be attacked for what he did say, of which I actually have a different interpretation of.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

... <trimmed> ...

You still don't get it.

This is fundamental.
    This is VERY IMPORTANT!

The protest is not about scoring a few points and then driving home.
    It never was. And that is what Peterson is saying it's about.

The protest is about the Federal government ending ALL FEDERAL MANDATES.
    The truckers have stated they won't leave until ALL the mandates have been lifted.
    If you expected Jordan Peterson or any single individual to be the big saviour in all this you probably deserve the disappointment.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 15th February 2022 at 23:56.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

BushPilot (16th February 2022), gini (16th February 2022), Hermoor (16th February 2022), Nasu (16th February 2022), Snoweagle (16th February 2022), Tintin (16th February 2022), wondering (16th February 2022)

14. Link to Post #148
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

If you expected Jordan Peterson or any single individual to be the big saviour in all this you probably deserve the disappointment.
    No DeDukshyn, please don't put words into my mouth.

I did not expect "Jordan Peterson or any single individual to be the big saviour".

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

eagle0027 (16th February 2022), gini (16th February 2022), holcaul (16th February 2022), Nasu (16th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022)

16. Link to Post #149
    Language
    English
    Thanks

No DeDukshyn, please don't put words into my mouth.

I did not expect "Jordan Peterson or any single individual to be the big saviour".
    You sure expressed a lot of disappointment that he didn't / doesn't live up to your expectations. It was what you expressed, not me. Why do you care so much about what he says anyway (rhetorical - don't answer)? None of this has anything to do with him at all.

Whatever he says is his opinion, however you interpret that is your opinion. The end.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

BushPilot (16th February 2022), Nasu (16th February 2022), Snoweagle (16th February 2022)

18. Link to Post #150
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 times in 183 posts

I was certainly surprised by Jordan Peterson's statement, as it seems to stand in contrast to how he himself has acted when pushed to the brink.

To his credit, a few hours ago he published a video with a member of the convoy sharing their stance on what they hope to accomplish.

What the Truckers Do and Do Not Want

Quote In this video, Benjamin Dichter, who is integrally involved in the Truckers Freedom Convey, reads a statement of the movement's demands, who they are, and addresses what they are not asking for that has been presented by the legacy media.
    "Be a Light to Yourself" ~ J. Krishnamurti

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ClearWater For This Post:

DaveToo (16th February 2022), Ewan (16th February 2022), gini (16th February 2022), Harmony (16th February 2022), Kryztian (16th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022), Tintin (16th February 2022), Tyy1907 (16th February 2022), wondering (16th February 2022)

20. Link to Post #151
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,307 times in 916 posts

" I've been asked to say a few words to the truckers in Ottawa. I've given that some careful consideration. You protesters have accomplished an awful lot already. The conservative leadership has crumbled. Erin O'Toole has been replaced by someone who is giving a fair bit of voice to your concerns.

All the people you represent have a voice in the house of commons. You have four provinces that have moved quite precipitously in the direction that the protest was hoping for. They are starting to lift mask mandates on something approximating as reasonable a timeline as might be expected under the circumstances. You're now faced with a difficult choice: what are your criteria for satisfaction.

You need to determine that, so that you can negotiate with the necessary people. You're also faced with another danger at the moment, now that which is that the political process bent in the direction that you've insisted upon -- rightly, in my estimation. This, more and more of you who are most reasonable are going to pack up and leave, or decide that this is done sometime over the next week or so (or a couple of weeks: that's obviously up to you) --, but there'll be a remnant that's much more committed in some sense to more extreme goals.That's going to be something very difficult to manage.

I'd like to commend all of you for your diligence and work -- on accomplishing what you have accomplished under trying conditions -- and also for keeping your heads in a way that's been a model for the entire world. You've been able to remain peaceful. You haven't taken the bait. You haven't responded with violence to quite remarkable denigration and provocation. That's a sign of tremendous discipline and care. It's going to get more difficult to maintain as this goes along. So I hope that you're all able to allow a sufficient victory to be sufficient, to move forward without greed -- to be grateful for the effect that you've already had, and the support you've received, to move forward to a normative peace and the re-establishment of our country's economy and our psychological and social wellbeing. That's pretty much all I have to say at this point. Thank you."

A matter of interpretation i would say..i hear words of encouragement ,praise ,care and a call to (re)consider the best strategy to reach the goal and i feel Jordan was carefully expressing his worries the movement wont fail because of wrong or inadequate tactics ,or that the movement will be hijacked by some 'extremists' when most protesters are leaving next week.
    .I dont see it at all as a call for givin in or to look away from the globalist agenda,but more like a reminder to be very alert and to be prepared for a chaotic and potentially dangerous climax and aftermath...

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

ClearWater (16th February 2022), Ewan (16th February 2022), Harmony (16th February 2022), Patient (16th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022), Tintin (16th February 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (17th February 2022), Vicus (16th February 2022), wondering (16th February 2022)

22. Link to Post #152
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

DeDukshyn I was going to drop our discussion but this video is simply far too rich to let
    it slip by without comments.

Quote In this video, Benjamin Dichter, who is integrally involved in the Truckers Freedom Convey, reads a statement of the movement's demands, who they are, and addresses what they are not asking for that has been presented by the legacy media.
    Did you catch this powerful video interview DeDukshyn, ironically given by the same
    man who just the day prior couldn't understand what the trucker protest is really all about
    and why it needs to continue with as many truckers as possible.

Dichter sets Peterson straight about what the trucker protest is REALLY ALL ABOUT.

Dichter:

"We've come to Ottawa with two very simple demands:

1. The government end all Covid mandates.
    2. The federal government remove its digital Covid tracking app
    called ArriveCan as a requirement to re-enter Canada.

Our demands have not changed from day one, end the mandates and end the passports."

And that is exactly what I was saying in all my posts about this.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

ClearWater (16th February 2022), eagle0027 (16th February 2022), gini (16th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022), wondering (16th February 2022)

24. Link to Post #153
    Language
    English
    Thanks

DeDukshyn I was going to drop our discussion but this video is simply far too rich to let
    it slip by without comments.

Did you catch this powerful video interview DeDukshyn, ironically given by the same
    man who just the day prior couldn't understand what the trucker protest is really all about
    and why it needs to continue with as many truckers as possible.

Dichter sets Peterson straight about what the trucker protest is REALLY ALL ABOUT.

Dichter:

"We've come to Ottawa with two very simple demands:

1. The government end all Covid mandates.
    2. The federal government remove its digital Covid tracking app
    called ArriveCan as a requirement to re-enter Canada.

Our demands have not changed from day one, end the mandates and end the passports."

And that is exactly what I was saying in all my posts about this.
    Lol ... Dave ... I know what you were saying. I know what the truckers goals are. I know what I want to see. It doesn't change the only point I ever made - I don't agree with your interpretation of JP in that speech. That's it. You beat your horse to death a long time ago ... are you trying to make hamburger?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

gini (16th February 2022), Snoweagle (16th February 2022), wondering (16th February 2022)

26. Link to Post #154
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Dave Too..i was replying to what dedunkshin had said in my response to having seen turdo last sumer on a cdn news feed that he had procured 90 million doses.I hadnt seen info of the 300 million or so on the books till now.
    seems that wdnt be far off the 14 doses pr person schedule for the auzis

seems i didnt put my response to his reply in the right place

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eagle0027 For This Post:

DaveToo (16th February 2022), pyrangello (16th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022)

28. Link to Post #155
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Lol ... Dave ... I know what you were saying. I know what the truckers goals are. I know what I want to see. It doesn't change the only point I ever made - I don't agree with your interpretation of JP in that speech. That's it. You beat your horse to death a long time ago ... are you trying to make hamburger?
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dichter contacted Peterson after seeing his video yesterday and said, listen
    could you please interview me so I can set the record straight on what you said and what you didn't
    get right?

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

ClearWater (16th February 2022), gini (16th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022), wondering (16th February 2022)

30. Link to Post #156
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,307 times in 916 posts

Quote Lol ... Dave ... I know what you were saying. I know what the truckers goals are. I know what I want to see. It doesn't change the only point I ever made - I don't agree with your interpretation of JP in that speech. That's it. You beat your horse to death a long time ago ... are you trying to make hamburger?
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dichter contacted Peterson after seeing his video yesterday and said, listen
    could you please interview me so I can set the record straight on what you said and what you didn't
    get right?
    I had the same thought,but imagined there was the same confusion about the interpretation as happened here,and that Jordan,to show them his loyalty & willingness to get out the RIGHT message(,without confusion! )by giving him the floor..

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th February 2022), ClearWater (16th February 2022), DaveToo (16th February 2022), eagle0027 (16th February 2022), Ewan (16th February 2022), Richard S. (16th February 2022), Tyy1907 (16th February 2022)

32. Link to Post #157
    Canada Avalon Member Richard S.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 times in 309 posts

" I've been asked to say a few words to the truckers in Ottawa. I've given that some careful consideration. You protesters have accomplished an awful lot already. The conservative leadership has crumbled. Erin O'Toole has been replaced by someone who is giving a fair bit of voice to your concerns.

All the people you represent have a voice in the house of commons. You have four provinces that have moved quite precipitously in the direction that the protest was hoping for. They are starting to lift mask mandates on something approximating as reasonable a timeline as might be expected under the circumstances. You're now faced with a difficult choice: what are your criteria for satisfaction.

You need to determine that, so that you can negotiate with the necessary people. You're also faced with another danger at the moment, now that which is that the political process bent in the direction that you've insisted upon -- rightly, in my estimation. This, more and more of you who are most reasonable are going to pack up and leave, or decide that this is done sometime over the next week or so (or a couple of weeks: that's obviously up to you) --, but there'll be a remnant that's much more committed in some sense to more extreme goals.That's going to be something very difficult to manage.

I'd like to commend all of you for your diligence and work -- on accomplishing what you have accomplished under trying conditions -- and also for keeping your heads in a way that's been a model for the entire world. You've been able to remain peaceful. You haven't taken the bait. You haven't responded with violence to quite remarkable denigration and provocation. That's a sign of tremendous discipline and care. It's going to get more difficult to maintain as this goes along. So I hope that you're all able to allow a sufficient victory to be sufficient, to move forward without greed -- to be grateful for the effect that you've already had, and the support you've received, to move forward to a normative peace and the re-establishment of our country's economy and our psychological and social wellbeing. That's pretty much all I have to say at this point. Thank you."

A matter of interpretation i would say..i hear words of encouragement ,praise ,care and a call to (re)consider the best strategy to reach the goal and i feel Jordan was carefully expressing his worries the movement wont fail because of wrong or inadequate tactics ,or that the movement will be hijacked by some 'extremists' when most protesters are leaving next week.
    .I dont see it at all as a call for givin in or to look away from the globalist agenda,but more like a reminder to be very alert and to be prepared for a chaotic and potentially dangerous climax and aftermath...
    Mr. Peterson should have been clearer.

I would expect that from him.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Richard S. For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th February 2022), ClearWater (16th February 2022), Ewan (16th February 2022), gini (18th February 2022), Harmony (16th February 2022), Tintin (16th February 2022)

34. Link to Post #158
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,755 times in 4,341 posts

This is one of the most astonishing monologues I've yet heard from Jordan Peterson. And that's a hell of a statement in itself. I'm astonished by his transformation.

I do not and never have faulted the man's intellect, wisdom, or passion, or his capacity to communicate reason so expressively to those who are unreasonable, but if there was one thread he was missing in his teachings, one angle that was absent, it was the spiritual.

I do wonder, and I wouldn't be surprised, if Dr. Peterson's long illness was a spiritually or religiously catalysing event. Not saying he experienced an NDE per se, but perhaps something about it opened his eyes to the greater reality. There's no doubt, from some of the stories I've read, his recovery was remarkable - even miraculous. But in a relatively short span of time, Dr. Peterson has gone from atheist to true believer...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

ClearWater (17th February 2022), Ewan (18th February 2022), gini (18th February 2022), Mike (17th February 2022), rgray222 (17th February 2022), Vangelo (18th February 2022)

36. Link to Post #159
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,571 times in 5,713 posts

Mark I think that's one of the most common misconceptions about Peterson..that he's a stuffy intellectual stuck in realms of reason and rationality and science and little else. You didn't go quite that far in your assessment but many people do!

He's always argued for the spiritual, from day 1, and in fact often emphasizes it's importance over the rational and the logical. Check out his debates with Sam Harris if you're interested in that sort of thing.

I was gonna look for other vids to post here, but there are so many lectures and interviews where he discusses the spiritual and the transcendent that I wouldn't even know where to begin.

He arrives at it from a Christian perspective, but its no ordinary Christian perspective at all. He's never instructed anyone to "accept Jesus as your savior"...or at least not in any way the church commonly does. Ive always had a pretentious and condescending view of religion, always imagining I was so clever by dabbling in this or that. But thru his lectures I realized I actually knew very little about it, and it was an embarrassing and humbling experience

I'm not a religious person in any kind of traditional way but Peterson's brand of Christianity has motivated me to explore my roots as a Catholic a little bit. And I'm finding it to be a far richer and meaningful than I ever could have imagined.
    Last edited by Mike; 17th February 2022 at 21:29.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

ClearWater (17th February 2022), Ewan (18th February 2022), gini (18th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th February 2022), rgray222 (17th February 2022), Vangelo (18th February 2022)

38. Link to Post #160
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    This is one of the most astonishing monologues I've yet heard from Jordan Peterson. And that's a hell of a statement in itself. I'm astonished by his transformation.
    I think this is an exceptionally difficult topic for people with extraordinary intellect to deal with. It seems to me that most of these people begin their journey not believing in God but through thought, life and honest reflection eventually come around to believe. I think it takes such a long time because it is such a profound question that it often takes a lifetime to figure out.

Carl Jung is one such example, below is one of the funniest quotes I have ever read attributed to Carl Jung.

Charles Krauthammer was a man that I admired and he was repeatedly asked if he believed in God and he would always answer, "No, but he sure does scare the hell out of me."

Last edited by rgray222; 17th February 2022 at 20:33.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

ClearWater (17th February 2022), Ewan (18th February 2022), gini (18th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th February 2022), Mike (17th February 2022), Vangelo (18th February 2022), Wind (19th February 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 8 16 LastLast