1. Link to Post #161
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,492 times in 4,308 posts

Default Re: Jordan Peterson Update

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    He's always argued for the spiritual, from day 1, and in fact often emphasizes it's importance over the rational and the logical.
    Oh yes I've seen many of these, his biblical lectures for one are very illuminating. But when the questions stray from the theological or intellectual to personal matters of faith, he always seemed to defect them by answering in an abstract way. It really was as though 'the jury was still out' for him personally. Until recently. I really do believe he's experienced a kind of awakening. The new Jordan Peterson is markedly different than the old in this regard.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

ClearWater (18th February 2022), Ewan (18th February 2022), gini (25th February 2022), Mike (18th February 2022), rgray222 (19th February 2022), Tintin (18th February 2022), Wind (19th February 2022)

3. Link to Post #162
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,492 times in 4,308 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    I think this is an exceptionally difficult topic for people with extraordinary intellect to deal with. It seems to me that most of these people begin their journey not believing in God but through thought, life and honest reflection eventually come around to believe. I think it takes such a long time because it is such a profound question that it often takes a lifetime to figure out.
    That's always been something I've struggled to understand: how could some of the smartest people who ever lived be so dumb and ignorant.
    • That the physical is transcended by the meta-physical is completely self-evident.
    • The reality of psychic, spiritual and paranormal phenomena is completely self-evident.
    • A Divine hand in the ordering of ALL things is completely self-evident.
    But that's just me.

Maybe it's something that's just innate in those who are sensitive - we just know 'deep down' what the truth is. What most call a profound question like 'is there a god', 'do we have a soul' may baffle intellectual giants, but it's really kindergarten level stuff to me and many others.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

ClearWater (18th February 2022), Ewan (18th February 2022), gini (25th February 2022), Mike (18th February 2022), rgray222 (19th February 2022), Tintin (18th February 2022), ulli (18th February 2022), Wind (19th February 2022)

5. Link to Post #163
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    I think this is an exceptionally difficult topic for people with extraordinary intellect to deal with. It seems to me that most of these people begin their journey not believing in God but through thought, life and honest reflection eventually come around to believe. I think it takes such a long time because it is such a profound question that it often takes a lifetime to figure out.
    That's always been something I've struggled to understand: how could some of the smartest people who ever lived be so dumb and ignorant.
    • That the physical is transcended by the meta-physical is completely self-evident.
    • The reality of psychic, spiritual and paranormal phenomena is completely self-evident.
    • A Divine hand in the ordering of ALL things is completely self-evident.
    But that's just me.

Maybe it's something that's just innate in those who are sensitive - we just know 'deep down' what the truth is. What most call a profound question like 'is there a god', 'do we have a soul' may baffle intellectual giants, but it's really kindergarten level stuff to me and many others.
    I've always believed that the closer you come to the end, the more religious you become.
    I think you can figure out why.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

ClearWater (18th February 2022), Ewan (18th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th February 2022), Mike (18th February 2022), rgray222 (19th February 2022), Tintin (23rd February 2022)

7. Link to Post #164
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,303 times in 5,692 posts

I think Peterson's wife, Tammy, is partially responsible for his spiritual bent. She's a profoundly spiritual person and no doubt rubs off on Jordan. Between her and his recent life threatening illnesses, perhaps they've both become more spiritually inclined lately.

Last edited by Mike; 18th February 2022 at 20:07.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alecs (18th February 2022), ClearWater (18th February 2022), ExomatrixTV (23rd February 2022), fifi (25th February 2022), gini (25th February 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th February 2022), rgray222 (19th February 2022), Tintin (23rd February 2022), Wind (19th February 2022)

9. Link to Post #165
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

Thanks John.

He's done it again. (This will probably be moved into the Peterson thread).

He didn't get it in his two minute video a few days ago and STILL doesn't get it!

The day after his embarrassing two-minute video he invited B. Dichter on to
    explain what was really going on.

Dichter set the record straight (and Peterson) about what the protest was all about.

Now a few days later Peterson shows that he doesn't understand why
    Trudeau isn't budging.

I know Peterson is a very intelligent man, but someone needs to school him
    on the basics.
    He's really out of touch with who/what is behind Trudeau.

Not to single him out (most Canadians are too).

But Peterson has a large following and so the onus is on him to dig deeper
    and give his audience the REAL GOODS.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Alecs (12th March 2022), Arcturian108 (20th February 2022), Bill Ryan (20th February 2022), ClearWater (23rd February 2022), ExomatrixTV (19th February 2022), fifi (25th February 2022), gini (20th February 2022), Hermoor (19th February 2022), Tintin (23rd February 2022)

11. Link to Post #166
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,630 times in 20,810 posts

• Jordan Peterson’s Opinion After Meeting Elon Musk:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (23rd February 2022), Bill Ryan (19th March 2022), ClearWater (23rd February 2022), fifi (25th February 2022)

13. Link to Post #167
    Language
    Thanks

• "They DON'T Deserve $1.00 of TAXPAYER Money" Jordan Peterson
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2022), fifi (25th February 2022), Johnnycomelately (23rd February 2022)

15. Link to Post #168
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 times in 225 posts

Brian Peckford as one of the original signors of the repatriation of the Constitution, and the Canadian Charter of Rights, is taking the Trudeau government to Federal Court. Here he is being interviewed by Jordan Peterson.

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/EdhFuMDLBDM

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2022), ClearWater (23rd February 2022), ExomatrixTV (23rd February 2022), fifi (25th February 2022), gini (25th February 2022), Johnnycomelately (23rd February 2022), Reinhard (12th March 2022)

17. Link to Post #169
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

This was cut from the recent longer Peterson - Murphy interview (which I don't recommend).

18. Link to Post #170
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Jordan Peterson Update

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)

This was cut from the recent longer Peterson - Murphy interview (which I don't recommend).
    Just because anyone (including Project Avalon members) ... judge the interview to be flawed or "not worth (y)our time" ... I will never ever use that as a reason for "not watching something" ... It rather gives me a boost to watch even faster to figure out what suppose to be wrong with it without having the assumption it "must" be the case!

just saying

cheers,
    John
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 24th February 2022 at 16:00.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2022), Heart to heart (12th March 2022), Johnnycomelately (23rd February 2022), Reinhard (12th March 2022)

20. Link to Post #171
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Just because anyone (including Project Avalon members) ... judge the interviewed flawed or "not worth (y)our time" ... I will never ever use that as a reason for "not watching something" ... It rather gives me a boost to watch even faster to figure out what suppose to be wrong with it without the assumption it "must" be the case!

just saying

cheers,
    John
    First allow me to clarify what I meant to say John.
    I was saying that I personally do not recommend the longer interview (hour plus).

The shorter one is far less an investment of time, and could be worthwhile to some.

Of course, as you stated anyone's personal opinion is just that, their personal opinion.
    People should always use their own judgment concerning what they feel is worth their time and effort to read/watch.

Having said that, I think it should be noted that 23 fellow Avaloners 'Thanked' me for my comments about the longer version.
    Last edited by DaveToo; 23rd February 2022 at 21:55. Reason: Gave link to longer version...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (24th February 2022), Reinhard (12th March 2022)

22. Link to Post #172
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Jordan Peterson Update

• God, Consciousness, and the Theories of Everything:

• Chapters:
    [00:00] Intro
    [01:03] Noam Chomsky
    [04:46] Central vs. radical left
    [11:42] The political runaway feedback loop
    [16:26] Self-deception
    [22:57] Perception, Power, & Psychopathy
    [28:26] On Dialogue
    [31:36] Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, & Lawrence Krauss
    [34:58] The Imitation Instinct
    [39:24] Religious Depth
    [42:36] Atheism, Dogma, & Perception
    [47:29] Visual Perception
    [50:17] Persistent Patterns
    [53:16] South Park
    [56:11] Sam Harris & Truth
    [01:01:03] Mysteries of Math & Science
    [01:05:09] Science in Religion
    [01:06:10] Computation & Consciousness
    [01:11:27] Jung I
    [01:14:20] Ethics & Psychotherapy
    [01:18:38] 'Better Left Unsaid'
    [01:20:11] God & Responsibility, Defined
    [01:25:07] Jung II
    [01:30:43] Atheistic Scientists
    [01:34:05] Defining God II
    [01:39:29] Imitation & Worship
    [01:40:00] Self-fulfilling Beliefs & Deceit
    [01:47:33] Not Repeating Oneself
    [01:48:31] Podcasting
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th February 2022 at 03:09.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2022), ClearWater (25th February 2022), fifi (25th February 2022), gini (25th February 2022)

24. Link to Post #173
    Language
    Thanks

• Jordan Peterson - Comfort Will Kill Your Soul:

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2022), ClearWater (28th February 2022), Mike (28th February 2022), Reinhard (12th March 2022), Vicus (20th March 2022)

26. Link to Post #174
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Jordan Peterson Update

• A Warning To Citizens Of Ontario And Canada: Bill 67

A warning to citizens of Ontario and Canada: Bill 67, which purports to be nothing but an "anti-racist" bill, is in fact the most pernicious and dangerous piece of legislation that any Canadian government has attempted to put forward. It will make mandatory the subversion of the entire education system in Ontario (K-12 as well as colleges and universities) to the radically leftist doctrines known as critical theory--a thoroughly anti-western ideology, both Post-modern and Marxist in its derivation, based on the idea that all our extant institutions are racist, sexist and discriminatory in their essence.

Critical theorists assume that history is best understood as the war between identity groups, with one group always oppressing, and all other groups always victimized and exploited. Critical theorists dismiss the idea of the sovereign, free individual, claiming that belief in such sovereignty and freedom does nothing but justify the oppression and exploitation of the marginalized. In keeping with that rejection, such theorists assume that human identity itself is best understood at the group level, with markers of race, sex, so-called gender, and sexual preference dominating.

Critical theorists reject the presumption of individual innocence absent proof of wrongdoing, assuming that membership in a group regarded as dominant and exploitative is sufficient to indicate the moral culpability of any given member of that group.

Critical theorists define offense and harm as subjectively determined: anyone who feels victimized by any statement made by anyone for any reason is fully justified in their feeling and claim of harm, regardless of the intent of the author of the statement, who is then to be deemed guilty of such victimization, and denied even the opportunity for a reasonable defense. Bill 67 will mandate the creation of boards of inquisition in every educational institution, to which anyone who has an opinion or undertakes an action that is perceived to violate the tenets of critical theory will be made subject to punishment.

The author of this bill, MPP Laura Mae Lindo (NDP, Kitchener-Centre), is former head of equity at Laurier University. It was Laura Mae Lindo who developed the policies that resulted in the circumstances that enveloped Lindsay Shepherd in 2017, which produced a scandal provincially, nationally and internationally, left a permanent stain on the reputation of Canadian universities, and demolished that young woman's academic ambitions and future.

The fact that the Ontario Conservative government has allowed and even encouraged such legislation to be put forward under their aegis and then ignorant and careless enough to vote in support for it is a woeful indication of both the perniciousness and deviance of the ideas that the legislation contains and evidence of their own stunning and continual inability to see the danger such doctrines present. It is much harder to actually deal with the sometimes unjust distribution of privileges and resources in a complex society than to kowtow to radicals who know how to viciously accuse, weaponize guilt, and claim through manipulative sloganeering the moral upper hand.

But there is no excuse for the Conservatives and for the classical liberals who also believe in the sovereignty of the individual to trumpet their compassion for the oppressed by allowing authoritarian ideologues to gain their treacherous way.

This bill threatens the integrity of all the systems that will educate all the young people in Ontario for decades to come. The fact that it is already through second reading is inexcusable. Wake up, Canadians. Before you do yourself and your children irreparable harm.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 12th March 2022 at 19:03.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2022), ClearWater (18th March 2022)

28. Link to Post #175
    Language
    Thanks

• Evolutionary Psychologist Shares How Women Select Men:

Dr. David Buss and I discuss his groundbreaking work in evolutionary psychology. Our conversation forays into human mating practices & strategies, female preferences, dominance hierarchies, (fe)male aggression, emotional regulation & status, the dark triad (narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy), inherent inequality, and much more.
    • Evolutionary Psychologist Explains Why Women Fall For “Bad Boys”:

• watch the full episode here
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th March 2022 at 21:08.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2022), ClearWater (18th March 2022), Vicus (20th March 2022)

30. Link to Post #176
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 times in 173 posts

I have a family member with a mild schizophrenia.
    She Takes GEODON (ziprazidone) from Pfizer for her condition
    She normally treats herself with Tea and Herbs whenever possible.
    But IF you read about the contents of GEODON there is no natural plant that can mimick it.
    She is useful to Society, she works in a Bank
    Dealing with public. So schizophrenia is a condition that normally retire anyone suffering from it.
    IF a drug is able to bring back someone from useless state to productive to society I feel that we should praise this technology.
    Are there side effects?? Of course there is but they are mild compared to the first generation of drugs that existed years ago.
    I am not fan of BIG Pharma but I have to recognize the achievement in my parent's case.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 19th March 2022 at 22:34. Reason: trimmed post ater post edit, all good

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prc For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2022), Vicus (20th March 2022)

32. Link to Post #177
    Language
    Thanks

• "I'm Actually Quite an Expert!" Jordan Peterson Educates BBC Journalist:

"I'm not making this stuff up! I studied anti-social behaviour for 15 years!"

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ClearWater (22nd March 2022), jaybee (22nd March 2022)

34. Link to Post #178
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

• "I'm Actually Quite an Expert!" Jordan Peterson Educates BBC Journalist:

"I'm not making this stuff up! I studied anti-social behaviour for 15 years!"
    I've made it known already that I'm not a fan of Peterson.
    There are many reasons for that.

In this case, it is inexcusable to refuse to make eye contact
    with a person taking the time to interview you just a few feet away!
    A woman at that!

Some might say, oh he's just taking notes. No he's just doodling!

He waits a full minute before he grudgingly gives her a second or two of eye contact!

Another rich interview from Peterson:
    "I studied anti-social behaviour for like 15 years, I'm
    actually quite an expert on it."

Yes tell me about anti-social behaviour Mr. Peterson. LOL!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

jaybee (22nd March 2022)

36. Link to Post #179
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,959 times in 2,206 posts

A woman at that!

He waits a full minute before he grudgingly gives her a second or two of eye contact!

your response piqued my interest so I watched the short video in question...

The interviewer was obviously there to spar with him and try and catch him out and make him look bad -
    you can see it in her face, her words and her timing - this was a little battle - probably the kind of little battle Peterson goes through all the time with various people who are intent on 'defeating' him and punishing him for taking the stance that he has... and speaking his truth... so he deals with her as best he can and she relentlessly goes for him...

He had nothing to gain by treating her as if she were an innocent damsel deserving of his gentlemanly conduct lol.... because she wasn't and consequently didn't get it...

He was waiting for the barbs and dealing with them as they came at him...

That (in brief) is how I saw it....

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

ClearWater (22nd March 2022), Johnnycomelately (25th March 2022)

38. Link to Post #180
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

A woman at that!

Hi Dave. I think you are wrong about the eye contact. I get that it’s a ‘body language’ tool, and a very effective one in societying, but this was set in a sound studio. The lady made use of her face to the extent that she exhibited bullyism. Peterson was all about the thought, until he recognized that. Communication necessarily goes both ways.

Cheers from Edmonton, where night temps are barely below freezing now haleluliah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 9 16 LastLast