+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 9

Thread: What did you do today to prepare for COVID-19 ?

1. Link to Post #161
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,035 times in 358 posts

Default Re: What did you do today to prepare for COVID-19 ?

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    Quote Posted by Rebecca (here)
    I live in Washington state, and in the Seattle area at that. Fortunately I do not live in Seattle. However, a location just a few minutes from my home allegedly had a positive test result of this virus.

I DO hate the name they chose. "Corona-virus"...sounds like a monster. Yet supposedly it has to do with the virus being 'crown-shaped'.

Though there isn't a large outbreak in my city, some stores will have the clerk request that you use hand sanitizer at the register. Sanitizer and wipes at some stores has also been running low. I haven't been out all day yesterday but I will see how bad it is when I go out today as far as supplies go. Fortunately I was given a stash of sanitizing wipes and have a large supply.

I am relieved that so far it hasn't been affecting children. Yet a school in the county I live in has been closed anyway. My son hasn't been in school for about a month due to a recent move but I plan for him to start again next week. I hope the city I live in doesn't have a big outbreak that makes his new school shut down too.

To prepare I have been giving my son a Vitamin C supplement, a high quality one that has a fruit and vegetable extract. It includes immune boosting garlic and ginger. I also give him ginger tea, keep our diets low in refined sugars and other immune weakening additives (which I generally do anyway). Remember the phrase 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away?' Well, lately my son will eat 2-3 large organic apples a day. He will even go into the fridge and grab one himself without asking. This brings joy to my heart as the extra nutrients will help his immune system stay strong.

I love lemons and need to go out to get a stash. That is my preferred way of soaking my cells in Vitamin C. I'll make lemon water and then eat the inside of the lemon after much of the juice is squeezed out. I can eat several a day like this if I have a large supply.

Since I have a child I have more responsibility to prepare and protect his health. I've heard some say that this is a fake endemic. Fake or not, I have to be prepared regardless.
    I hear you! I have six. I admit to getting a twinge of annoyance and maybe even a little envy when I hear people saying things like, "I did nothing!" Of course, that's just my ego response. I really love what I do and wouldn't trade it for anything! But being responsible for others is a big responsibility. And whether or not the virus is fake (I don't think so), the economic fallout is very real and just starting.

Quote One of my biggest fears is that this will be a "Problem-Reaction-Solution" scenario in which the deaths and catastrophic outcomes will be used as an excuse to enforce more VACCINES. Bad enough Washington state recently took away the philosophical exemptions for schools so I had to get my son a religious exemption.

It's ridiculous because the same schools that mandate vaccines will give children GMOs, MSG, animal products from factory farms, REFINED SUGARS in excess quantities, all types of immune weakening substances. Recently my son went to a school at a community college and due to "life threatening allergies" I wasn't allowed to bring him any food at all, period. Not even fresh produce. Fortunately the school he is going to now won't do this and I can pack him food. But the school that didn't allow food from home? They would give the kids processed foods for snacks half of the time, which weakens the immune system. And even if they gave the kids something like apples for snacks, apples are on the 'dirty dozen' list and if they aren't organic contain large amounts of pesticides.

Anyway... my point is... what disappoints me the most is that our system puts so much emphasis on 'medical' and drug based solutions while still giving our children, the foundation of our future, immune weakening foods each day. Some schools are improving, I toured one that had things like 'avocado' on the menu and some organic foods... yet this is rare. What angers me is that the mainstream media puts too little focus on the natural ways we can protect ourselves during these outbreaks and the importance of a healthy lifestyle overall. I am not saying medical interventions are never necessary or that all pharmaceuticals are bad... But I do think nutrition and natural remedies need so much more attention and research.

Out of all of these coronovirus articles in the mainstream I've read so far, only one mentioned eating fresh fruits and vegetables. Out of all the Coronovirus fliers I've seen NONE mention nutrition as a preventative measure, they all focus on washing hands and sanitizer as well as wearing masks when you are sick. These fliers need to stress the importance of maintaining your immune system on a daily basis from the INSIDE out. Our world would be so much stronger against these illnesses if people took care of their inner worlds.

Probiotics don't get much mention either. While sanitizer is good for some situations, many brands kill off our 'good army of bacteria'. We need to replace that or use sanitizers that don't kill the good guys.
    Preach it, sister! Pretty much the only suggestions for dealing with this virus are (1) clean your hands (2) hope there's a vaccine. And not only do they not get into other preventative measures, they actively denigrate anything that's not pharmaceutical!

Nutrition is poo-pooed (that's a scientific term, btw ) And we know vitamin C is extremely important for this specific virus--they even have studies touting it! That's easy and safe and should be shouted from the rooftops.

Quote Anyway... I just hope this doesn't become an excuse for vaccines to be forced upon us worse than they already are and that it ends before more public places shut down. I'm a single mother with bills to pay. While I am taking a course on how to earn money from home it may be months or years before I can actually survive doing that. For now I do need schools to stay open and to be able to work outside of the home.

I appreciate having a place to write this all out. Being in Washington it can be stressful to see the constant headlines and updates, to go out and feel the anxiety of other people rising...

I do hope you all get through this and thanks to everyone for sharing their input.
    It does help to share your thoughts, doesn't it? I hope things work out for you. Don't forget to take care of yourself. It really is okay to let the screen babysit for you while you take care of yourself--whether that's a bit of extra sleep or meditation or whatever. Sorry if I sound preachy. That's my biggest peeve: the stunning lack of support for mothers, especially single mothers! And also families in general. And caregivers of all kinds! Okay, I won't go any further--this isn't the thread for that. But

Quote The best outcome would be for advances in natural health to come to the surface... say... if a person tested positive heals them self with natural remedies and sparks some awareness in the media. I hope the opposite doesn't happen... Messages of 'eat all the processed foods you want, take a vaccine and you're good' need to drown out.

Best of luck, everyone.
    TCM has shown to be helpful, but here in the west, it's been pretty much slammed. Anything that seems to 'catch on' is doomed in MSM. But I'm hoping this will change. As this virus progresses, more and more lies and manipulations are being revealed. The CDC has pretty much lost all credibility. People are looking elsewhere for advice and finding lots of information available on nutrition and simple natural support like vitamin C and ginger. Let's hope that's a trend that continues.
    Hi rainsong.

Wow, six children! Do they all live with you?

Yes, because of my son I have to be careful. If I get sick it is unlikely someone can help care for him. He gets sick rather easily and would likely get it, too. Fortunately we have largely been staying in and eating well.

I don't know a whole lot about TCM aside from certain herbs being used. I do practice Qigong which has some connections.

Yes, I got my son his own tablet for when I need time for myself. It is very useful indeed for single parents though he does enjoy many other activities he can do on his own. If I leave out clay or his favorite toys he can use his imagination for awhile.

In regards to the Vitamin C... I have been so annoyed about the lack of awareness that I wrote "vitamin C" on a COVID-19 poster in my city. The fact that it isn't already on official fliers and posters amazes me...

Best to you and your family

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

Antagenet (5th April 2020), Bill Ryan (4th April 2020), DaveToo (4th April 2020), David Trd1 (5th April 2020), Franny (6th April 2020), Hym (4th April 2020), justntime2learn (16th May 2020), onevoice (4th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (4th April 2020), spade (5th April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (5th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

The space between stimulus and response is the Wedge...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Antagenet (5th April 2020), Bill Ryan (4th April 2020), DeeMetrios (29th May 2020), Hym (4th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #163
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

I was put on a forced quarantine for the next month or so

It's been almost 14 days since it started and i'm going crazy here, i don't see anyone, not my mom, sis or friends, i'm completely hidden away from the world and working from home, and i'm not even sick LOL

This is actually to prevent me from getting sick, i have arrhythmia and diabetes type 2, so i was put into a high risk group and my aunt did not take any chances and placed me on complete quarantine, just to be sure LMAO

So now i don't even open the door, if i have some food or something delivered someone else takes it for me and cleans it up and then it's placed on my door and i open when the guy is gone and take it inside. I feel completely in jail but more like one of those Black Mirror episodes and it's like causing some mental issues. I see my sister through video calls, and my mom and aunt as well, and have virtual meetings and mostly keep inside because it's hot and i can't open windows as the A/C is something i rely too much upon, so i only see the light of day when i wake up at 6 am and then i mostly spend the day inside with the shades closed until the heat hour goes away at mid afternoon. Then at night i go outside to the roof of my building and spend a couple hours there, but alone as well, i can't chance getting sick from the virus as it would most likely kill me, so they say :S

Last week the A/C broke and i felt i could not breath, i had to go to the roof while the repair guy came to fix it, then my aunt had the apartment cleaned and disinfected so i could come back inside, this is ridiculous!

I'm writing a lot LOL, i'm terrible bored, sorry

This is my current state of mind LOL
    Tired

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Antagenet (5th April 2020), Bill Ryan (5th April 2020), Bluegreen (5th April 2020), DaveToo (5th April 2020), Franny (6th April 2020), Hym (5th April 2020), justntime2learn (16th May 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (5th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th April 2020), spade (5th April 2020)

7. Link to Post #164
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

Last week the A/C broke and i felt i could not breath, i had to go to the roof while the repair guy came to fix it, then my aunt had the apartment cleaned and disinfected so i could come back inside, this is ridiculous
    Is the AC centralized? Those are the highest vectors of transmission if so

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th April 2020), Elainie (6th April 2020), Franny (6th April 2020), justntime2learn (16th May 2020)

9. Link to Post #165
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by spade (here)
    Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

Last week the A/C broke and i felt i could not breath, i had to go to the roof while the repair guy came to fix it, then my aunt had the apartment cleaned and disinfected so i could come back inside, this is ridiculous
    Is the AC centralized? Those are the highest vectors of transmission if so
    Oh, it is a small unit we setup for my apartment only, most people here don have A/C or care about it, they like the hot climate

Will have to ask my aunt about this, like if it has some kind of filters that could help or what's up with that. Im on the top floor and the A/C is on a window that points to the street, 4th floor so i dont know if it matters much

Thanks for bringing that up, never thought of it :S
    Tired

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th April 2020), DeeMetrios (29th May 2020), Franny (6th April 2020)

11. Link to Post #166
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

Glad to know you're quite safe then... Central AC on those cruise ships really messed things up. Hotels with central ACs as well. It's efficient, but there are better ways of mitigating room to room transfer of bugs. Chilled / Heated water pipes for example...

I'm still trying to grasp the difference between Italy and Germany death and infection rates, and such a stark difference. Could be cultural (Italians do the huggy kissy greets and Germans don't). Could be the highest population of China working in the sweatshops there which then all came back from their Chinese New Year holidays. Could be a China sabotage by sending contaminated test kits and faulty equipment.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th April 2020), DeeMetrios (29th May 2020), Elainie (28th May 2020), Mashika (6th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 9