1. Link to Post #321
    France Avalon Member
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,375 times in 354 posts

Default Re: COVID-19 Contrarians

YES THERE IS 5G IN ECUADOR

Reading a post on the facebookpage #Stop5G of fellow member John Kuhles that mentioned 5G in Lima, Peru I immediately checked on google "Prueba 5G Quito" meaning Testing 5G in Quito, capital of Ecuador. Ecuador was very regretfully used to deny a link between the pandemic and 5G.

Read further the post that I put on the Wuhan Corona virus thread but is of course also for Contrarians. The drama of the Covid 19 pandemic is diverting us from what is really at stake !

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1348200
    Last edited by Philippe; 3rd April 2020 at 18:05.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Philippe For This Post:

christian (3rd April 2020)

3. Link to Post #322
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Philippe (here)
    YES THERE IS 5G IN ECUADOR

Reading a post on the facebookpage #Stop5G of fellow member John Kuhles that mentioned 5G in Lima, Peru I immediately checked on google "Prueba 5G Quito" meaning Testing 5G in Quito, capital of Ecuador.

Read further the post that was put on the Corona virus thread but is of course also for Contrarians. The drama of the Covid 19 pandemic is diverting us from what is really at stake !

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1348200
    NO, THERE ISN'T.

I live here! Jeez. Give me a ****ing break.

These are real-time maps of the coverage. The first two maps are of Quito (there are two carriers, called Claro and Movistar), and the second two maps are of Guayaquil (where most of the cases are, and where there are serious problems).

This is easy to check. The site you go to to see maps of 2G/3G/4G/5G coverage anywhere in the world is http://nperf.com.

5G is purple on their color scheme. There's no purple in Ecuador. Testing is one thing. Roll-out is quite different.

Claro in Quito:

Movistar in Quito:

Claro in Guayaquil:

Movistar in Guayaquil:

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd April 2020 at 19:37.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ben (4th April 2020), DeDukshyn (3rd April 2020), Houman (3rd April 2020), Philippe (4th April 2020), Yoda (3rd April 2020)

5. Link to Post #323
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Matt Hancock orders Brits not to break coronavirus lockdown during weekend heatwave: If we relax our discipline people will die
    Evening Standard Luke O'Reilly,Evening Standard

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/matt-hanco...153000816.html

Health Secretary Matt Hancock speaking during a media briefing in Downing Street: PA

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has begged Britons to stay at home this weekend as the UK is set for a mini-heatwave.

Mr Hancock told a press conference at Downing Street: "We can not relax our discipline now, if we do people will die."

Ruth May, chief nurse at Nightingale Hospital, asked Britons to remember the two registered nurses who have died when deciding whether to go out this weekend.

It comes as the Department of Health confirmed 684 more people have died in hospital after testing positive for coronavirus, bringing the total deaths in the UK to 3,605.

During the press conference, Mr Hancock gave an “instruction” for people to continue to stay at home this weekend, even if the weather proves good.

He said: “We are set for a warm weekend in some parts of the country.

“But the disease is still spreading and we absolutely cannot afford to relax the social distancing measures we have in place.

“We cannot relax our discipline now. If we do, people will die.

“I end with the advice we all know. This advice is not a request – it is an instruction.

“Stay at home, protect lives and then you will be doing your part.”

England’s chief nursing officer Ruth May has urged members of the public not to be tempted to go outside in the forecast sunny weather this weekend and remember the two nurses who died after contracting Covid-19.

Two nurses, Areema Nasreen and Aimee O’Rourke, both in their 30s, have died after contracting the virus.

In the daily Downing Street press conference, Ms May said: “This weekend is going to be very warm and it will be very tempting to go out and enjoy those summer rays.

“But please, I ask to remember Aimee and Areema. Please stay at home for them.”

Ms May expressed her condolences to their families, friends and colleagues and said she feared further nurses will die.

She said: “They were one of us, they were one of my profession, of the NHS family. I worry that there’s going to be more and I want to honour them today and recognise their service.”

Chris says
    Emotional black mail Plus!!!
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

meeradas (3rd April 2020)

7. Link to Post #324
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Dear Friends: this post is almost identical to the one on the The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus] thread.

These two threads have become very confused, sometimes with identical posts being copied (double-posted) on both. And many articles and videos have been posted multiple times.

It's simply been increasingly hard to follow and keep up to date with replies and counterpoints, updates, important news, and important ideas. These are always our priorities, anywhere on the forum..

And this thread, COVID-19 Contrarians, is itself confused, as 'contrarian' with reference to this complex issue can mean several different things.

For example: I'm a contrarian myself (of course!), inasmuch as I'm sure this is a bioweapon, and that there's a deeper agenda.

At the same time, I'm equally certain viruses are real things, and the globally reported statistics are not invented (though they may well be incorrect). This is NOT the Truman Show!

So what's needed is a separation and clarification of the main issues. That helps us all, including our now record numbers of guests.

What the mods will do from here on out is move posts that seem to be in the incorrect thread, and also start to come down a little more firmly on members who seem to be contributing to the chaos (rather than contributing to the clarity!) — blocking them from any particular thread if absolutely necessary in order to preserve at least some sense of order.

It'd be a little like throwing unruly people out of a quiet, orderly library or seminar room. We reserve the right to do that, on any thread or issue at all in any part of the forum. We rarely ever do that... but we've had the theoretical capability for a couple of years now.

So far, the mods' patience has been pretty exceptional. But we're feeling that by NOT so far taking clear steps to support things being more orderly and organized has now reached a tipping point to become counterproductive. We really do have to do this.

So these two threads will be closed (though we'll 'stick' them to make sure they're always readable and never lost from sight), and we'll start again with new categories that are more clearly defined.

Anyone's more than welcome to copy one of their older posts to one of the new threads (thereby re-posting it there) — or just PM any moderator and they can do that if you link to the post(s) in question, telling us where you'd like it or them to be moved.

Our first thought had been to sort out and re-categorize everything ourselves, but it quickly became clear that with 3,400 posts to read all over again (OMG! ), and then make decisions about each one, was a near-impossible amount of work.

So these are the new threads. (We're open to suggestions for optimizing the thread titles for clarity.) I'll start each one off with a brief, simple description of what that thread should feature and discuss. Then, please by all means add whatever you'd like.
    I'll almost certainly only be posting on the first two of those threads. Members are free to figure things out themselves, and post whatever they like on threads 3 and 4.

Duplicate videos and articles may well be removed from any of the threads. That's simply to make the threads easier to read and follow — for everyone.

We do fully understand that in many cases, duplicates have been posted precisely because the threads have become confused and hard to search. We know that most people posting duplicates had no idea the material had already been shared.

This is not a censure of anyone at all. We're purely doing our best to be good librarians here, and as mentioned above, we're open to suggestions to improve or optimize this even further.

Thanks for your own patience and understanding. This isn't happening "late in the game" — on the contrary, we're convinced this has only all started. So our intention is that the new thread categories may be truly helpful and valuable to members and guests for (alas! ) many months to come.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd April 2020 at 20:13.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ben (4th April 2020), Billy (3rd April 2020), christian (7th April 2020), DeDukshyn (3rd April 2020), Deux Corbeaux (14th August 2020), Elainie (3rd April 2020), Harmony (4th July 2020), justntime2learn (3rd April 2020), Lilyofthestars (5th February 2022), Matthew (4th April 2020), michaelofwessex (25th May 2021), Ratszinger (3rd April 2020), T Smith (3rd April 2020), Vangelo (7th September 2020), Yoda (4th April 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1 7 17