+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Global Consciousness Project

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Default The Global Consciousness Project

From Wikipedia:
    Quote The Global Consciousness Project (GCP, also called the EGG Project) is a parapsychology experiment begun in 1998 as an attempt to detect possible interactions of "global consciousness" with physical systems. The project monitors a geographically distributed network of hardware random number generators in a bid to identify anomalous outputs that correlate with widespread emotional responses to sets of world events, or periods of focused attention by large numbers of people...
    Does any forum member have links with The Global Conciseness Project?
    I'd like to think that the current international situation would have been clearly registered by it, but as far as I can see the website shows nothing significant.
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 20th March 2020 at 17:07.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2020), ClearWater (20th March 2020), DeDukshyn (20th March 2020), kfm27917 (6th August 2022), Peter UK (15th February 2021), The Moss Trooper (20th March 2020), toppy (20th March 2020), wondering (20th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: The Global Consciousness Project

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    From Wikipedia:
    Quote The Global Consciousness Project (GCP, also called the EGG Project) is a parapsychology experiment begun in 1998 as an attempt to detect possible interactions of "global consciousness" with physical systems. The project monitors a geographically distributed network of hardware random number generators in a bid to identify anomalous outputs that correlate with widespread emotional responses to sets of world events, or periods of focused attention by large numbers of people...
    Does any forum member have links with The Global Conciseness Project?
    I'd like to think that the current international situation would have been clearly registered by it, but as far as I can see the website shows nothing significant.
    Maybe not though ... depends on how it all works. I don't think sensing global collective panic counts when we are being basically instructed to do so.

I think this project works quite differently than that, but I don't know too much about it.

EDIT: It looks like they are trying to correlate patterns of data from non-linear equations to other things or happenings around the globe.

I would then think, that if the premise behind this vector is correct, there should be some correlations ...

I have studied chaos theory and non-linear equations a little bit, and the science indicates that randomness is not really a thing, and that everything is part of an interconnected pattern. It's pretty sound "science" - although the effects of it, is what we are left to speculate. It looks like these scientists are studying into this.

Soooo ... I retract what I said earlier ... I would agree that this "should" be reporting something ... But, Let's consider the distinction between top down and bottom up hierarchies. Bottom up are man's ego's creations and interactions and top down is Universal energies mingling as intended.

I hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 20th March 2020 at 17:41.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

ClearWater (20th March 2020), kfm27917 (6th August 2022), Nick Matkin (20th March 2020), Peter UK (15th February 2021), RogeRio (20th March 2020), toppy (20th March 2020), wondering (20th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Portuguese
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 times in 377 posts

be careful, because they originate from study of anomalies and not from natural phenomenology, as found in the website (quoted bellow)

Quote The Global Consciousness Project, created originally in the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research Lab at Princeton University, is directed by Roger Nelson
    I need to check this to give a clearer position on the subject

if you want one that seems more reliable (ethic), you can also look at The International Academy of Consciousness which was founded by people I know
    Last edited by RogeRio; 20th March 2020 at 22:42.

6. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RogeRio (here)
    be careful, because they originate from study of anomalies and not from natural phenomenology, as found in the website (quoted bellow)

Quote The Global Consciousness Project, created originally in the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research Lab at Princeton University, is directed by Roger Nelson
    I need to check this to give a clearer position on the subject

if you want one that seems more reliable (ethic), you can also look at The International Academy of Consciousness which was founded by people I know

These two things appear entirely different. The former, as Nick posted, isn't about raising consciousness levels, or anything like that. Its a scientific exploration into the study of correlations of non linear equations (they term it as random number generators), which generate extremely complex patterns, and then trying to find correlations to other patterns that are dictated by human activity. This would then prove the interconnections of our collective consciousness to our environment - at least that is what I could gather from what I read.

But as I mentioned, I don't think our egoic thought patterns and the results of those are very "connected" -- in fact the ego is very disconnected - its a retractive mechanism by nature. So I would see this experiment as maybe having the ability to track the shift away from egoic thinking to a more holistic one - that it could at least perhaps signify if our collective conscious is "rising", so to speak, but not create that action. A measurement tool only. I may be speculating a little, but that's how I would understand the implications of it, again, just from what I could gather from what I read.

I find this type of research pretty interesting actually.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 20th March 2020 at 23:07.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

kfm27917 (6th August 2022), Peter UK (15th February 2021), RogeRio (20th March 2020)

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,188 times in 263 posts

From their website:

"We can manifest the future of our choice if we become more aware of the power that rests in our unconscious connections. Cooperation and collaboration are a birthright that is more powerful than we know and the evidence suggests it is ready to claim now."
    Last edited by s7e6e; 17th February 2021 at 06:22.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s7e6e For This Post:

DeDukshyn (15th February 2021), Peter UK (15th February 2021), Reinhard (15th February 2021)

10. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by s7e6e (here)
    From their website:
    A true representation of our human condition remains the domain of our hearts and minds . Yet, the scientific abstraction
    suggesting global interconnection is worth considering as we work our way toward the future. Optimally these indications of direct effects of shared consciousness mean that we can be actors in our destiny , not just passive observers. We can manifest the future of our choice if we become more aware of the power that rests i n our unconscious connections. We need to help ourselves , and I think we can do that . W hen we bring our unconscious interconnection s u p in to awareness , w e will be able to change
    the world. Cooperation and collaboration are a birthright that is more powerful than we know , and the evidence suggests it is ready to claim now.
    Kinda like chaos theory and the "butterfly effect" -- great changes can be had over time, from the most absolute infinitesimal variance in input. The problem is that the input from human ego derived intention is full of static and has little in the way of collective coherence. Chaos theory concepts in conjunction with a certain level (critical mass) of collective direction of specific (even tiny) inputs has the power to change outcomes on an extremely dramatic level.

Aligning our thoughts, then our intentions, then our actions (even if small actions) in theory has a power greater than we can imagine. The mechanism for this is found in the science of chaos theory.

This is known among some of the highest "elite", hence as much "divide and conquer" strategies that they can muster being leveled at us - particularly more recently.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 15th February 2021 at 05:26.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Reinhard (15th February 2021)

+ Reply to Thread