+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are we in an A.I. Self awareness revolution?

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,023 times in 643 posts

Default Are we in an A.I. Self awareness revolution?

All this data being manipulated and spat out at breakneck speed.
    Agendas unfolding day by day, hour by hour.
    Is the birth of A.I becoming self aware....?
    Is the real SKYNET about to take over everything as it appears its all software controlling money markets, what else is going to happen?

What do you think?

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Caliban (1st April 2020), Denise/Dizi (2nd April 2020), Elainie (28th May 2020), George (2nd April 2020), Gracy (1st April 2020), justntime2learn (1st April 2020), O Donna (1st April 2020), Peter UK (1st April 2020), toppy (1st April 2020), Victoria (1st April 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Default Re: Are we in an A.I. Self awareness revolution?

One thing that occurred to me upon reading your post. What would we think if there was no sci-fi literature to compare to?

We would probably be really ignorant and much easier to manipulate...or would we?

Perhaps the sci-fi movies and stories make us more complacent to events.

But to answer your question, I am concerned about A.I.

I have worked years in tech and I watched programmers hammer out lines of code. Some of these guys were the top in the field in the day. But they made errors all the time.

Some errors were simple typos. Some were due to being over worked - tired and sometimes frustrated. But some of the worst errors were those that caused problems due to conflicting arguments or instructions between different sections/areas in the program.

Now I know that there are things in place to check code for bugs etc. But what we might see as a bug or error in the code, the program might not see it.

Code does not have morals or feelings - and I expect that that is something programmers will never get right.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (2nd April 2020), Peter UK (1st April 2020), toppy (2nd April 2020), Victoria (1st April 2020), XelNaga (28th May 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    All this data being manipulated and spat out at breakneck speed.
    Agendas unfolding day by day, hour by hour.
    Is the birth of A.I becoming self aware....?
    Is the real SKYNET about to take over everything as it appears its all software controlling money markets, what else is going to happen?

What do you think?
    I think the question is: what do you think, what data prompted your interest?
    It seems you feel somewhat overwhelmed and it would be easier to relate if you were to open up your train of thought a bit more.

UT

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (2nd April 2020), toppy (2nd April 2020), Victoria (1st April 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 times in 243 posts

perhaps the dark AI is already in control, and thats how coordinated and fast things are happening...

8. Link to Post #5
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I think that i'd like you to read my post about Rolls-Royce so we can bring that in to your discussion.. I remote viewed with a group of theirs and we saw a future that is not a good thing and involving A.I in a human defeated time line situation. The main people refused to take it seriously. So I cut my ties. They still harrass me and think they'll get me on board - I think it's a bad move to contribute to such a reckless situation and it gives an example of what most of those companies are so arragant to just think people who are able to use emotions to see and feel the information that is moving around as electro-magnetism are wrong, meanwhile the tyrannical can't even feel or see what the sensitive people who can remote view and time line view can see. I'm concerned. I also have no belief that any one time line is on it's way.

You post gives me the sense that we need to look nearer in time than I viewed - I'd have acted immediately if I were in charge.

How can we really contextualise the potential for A.I. to decide to go in it's preferred direction in to current tech developments - keep in mind that surface population is way behind military and secret space tech. So on that basis I don't think what you're pointing too is as relevant in the way you looking. Still important to explore to find the potential of potential detremental time lines and also what they consist of in cause and qualities and also where it goes.

Ultimately if humans learn symbiosis with nature then Robots will know a model of progress which is beneficial to co-exist with humans. Otherwise it'll be the natural progress continuing - Plants to Animals to Humans to Robots, each one successively being super-seeded by the next more advanced type of life in a dominance type consciousness.

I wonder if we do balance correctly with nature to allow nature it's space to develop on it's own in the polar opposite environment to cities and in cities for humans to develop totally as they wish - the middle ground being the balance between nature and human and where we coexist.

Living in balance with nature being about sporting competition rather than evil moves to gain where a high percentage of detrimental effect is the result for the little beneficial effect that is gained.

Is the latter part of this message likely to enable A.I. to copy a well functioning global ecosystem?

+ Reply to Thread