View Poll Results: Have you read the Bible?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 43.90%
  • No

14 34.15%
  • I occasionally read it

9 21.95%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have you read the Bible?

1. Link to Post #21
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 times in 278 posts

Default Re: Have you read the Bible?

It's obviously a highly distorted and manipulated book to serve the control of religion through the ages, but the words of Jesus, if taken as an esoteric symbolism, are a treasure for humanity.

I read it in my teenage years when my existential pains started to appear.

2. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Quote Posted by Lone Eagle (here)
    Jesus riding the ass is a symbol for overcoming our lower animal (ego) nature.
    Also the literal interpretation for Jesus' crucifixion is the crucifixion of the ego and the lower self in order for the Higher Self to become truly realized in this mind-body complex. Jesus also went to India for studies. Eventually in the Great Pyramid in the sarcophagus he received his initiation into Christ consciousness. He "died" when he was supposedly 33 years old and that is a holy number.
    The biblical metaphor about Jesus is referring to the krestos fire (kundalini) cosmic force within. He, in my opinion never existed. That same story was basically told many times before with different names like Horus etc. When that life force rises up the human spine of 33 vertebrae at the top or 33 vertebrae is where we die to self. Every one of us IS Christ in waiting.

3. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,102 times in 4,060 posts

I read The King James (with Apocrypha), bits of the Quran (typically bits about Jesus and Mary), Nag Hammadi library and Bill Hicks.

I'm just rambling on here, but its nice to express myself somewhere more appropriate than talking to the toaster. Rob Skiba made a good point about cannon: in the King James bible, at times. it's exulted characters reference books which are outside the 'authorised' King James version... didn't they get King James' email? The KJ is only a cohesive subset of the chaos before it. Also, different editions of the King James can have their own subtle, but profound, variations (*morning star). And, lent aside, mentions of fasting combined with prayer are removed in the authorised edition, be it lost in translation or whatever. I want to believe but its a total mess. No way am I able to swallow anything with a pinch of dogma. Sodom and Gomorrah has given us the derived word "Sodomy", yet this word should be a derogatory word to describe rapey-type-sexual-dominance-culture, like we see in Hollywood, rather than simply homosexuality when looking at the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. What a total ***ing mess. Sorry about the rant everyone!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2