Thread: Covid19: Global reports, news and updates

1. Link to Post #181
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: Covid19: Global reports, news and updates

I think and hope that the medical profession is beginning to see better ways of handling this virus which is unlikely to be man made according to some testing on the virus -- cant remember the specific results of the tests but it has been posted.
    Chris

Here
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1349791

Coronavirus: Evidence it is not man-made

The coronavirus is thought to have emerged at a seafood and live animal market in the Chinese city Wuhan, capital of Hubei province, at the end of 2019.

The market is said to have sold a range of dead and alive animals, including bats, donkeys, poultry and hedgehogs.

Most of those who initially became unwell at the start of the outbreak worked at, or visited, the Wuhan market.

This has led scientists to believe the new coronavirus “jumped” from an animal into a human while the two were in close contact.

The coronavirus is one of seven strains of a class of viruses that are known to infect humans.

Another strain is severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars), which killed 774 people during its 2002/3 outbreak.

Sars is thought to have started in bats and jumped into humans via masked palm civets.

Research suggests the new coronavirus shares more than 96% of its DNA with a strain detected in horseshoe bats and may have reached humans via pangolins.

Despite the evidence, conspiracy theories have arisen suggesting the strain could have been engineered.

To debunk this, scientists from Scripps Research in San Diego analysed the DNA of the virus and others like it.

They specifically looked at proteins on the surface of the viruses that allow them to enter human cells.

Results suggested the coronavirus evolved to target a receptor on human cells called ACE2.

This targeting is so effective, the scientists concluded it was the result of natural selection and not genetic engineering.

The coronavirus’ genetic “backbone” is also distinct from other pathogens. The scientists argued if one were to manufacture a disease, they would work off a backbone that is known to cause ill health.

“By comparing the available genome sequence data for known coronavirus strains, we can firmly determine that [the new strain] originated through natural processes,” said study author Dr Kristian Andersen.
    Last edited by greybeard; 11th April 2020 at 09:26.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (12th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #182
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Covid-19 death modeling worked despite missing the mark by a mile. My take
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2020), justntime2learn (11th April 2020), onevoice (11th April 2020), silvanelf (11th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #183
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,169 times in 3,982 posts

Here came some easy milestones, comparing NC to Sweden, today we just reached 4,000 and they are at 10,000. Around March 9 they only had two hundredish, and so, they could be said to have a speed of 10,000 per month, with over 800 deaths, and we only have 84. If we are at the same speed, there would be 10,000 in about ten days.

However the cases from Sweden are heavily slanted, first towards the elderly, "40 percent of all victims were infected in homes housing them. And while no testing has been provided to the personnel taking care of these elderly, the virus has reached one third of Stockholm nursing homes. The vast majority of Covid-19 deaths in Sweden corresponds to people aged over 70."

Secondly towards immigrant neighborhoods; the average rate in a "good" neighborhood is 9 per 10,000, and there it is 48.

"On March 16, an independent organization of Somali physicians revealed that at least six out of 15 fatalities that occurred in Stockholm were of Somali origin."

At least three local nursing homes around here are considered major outbreaks.

If we observe that we gave the most vulnerable people most of it the fastest, further reactions seem like a bit of a posture. Saying 1/3 of nursing homes is the next thing to saying 1/3 of the total population, they have so many employees, no one is more than one or two degrees of separation from there. Since the sewage test also suggests that known cases are probably short by two to four degrees of magnitude, it may well be that widespread, to a great deal of natural immunity.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2020), graciousb (16th April 2020), silvanelf (11th April 2020)

7. Link to Post #184
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Death rate of intensive care coronavirus patients hits 51% as UK fatalities see record increase of 980

Evening Standard Rebecca Speare-Cole,Evening Standard 1

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/death-rate...204700713.html

The death rate of patients admitted to intensive care with coronavirus now stands at more than 51 per cent, according to a study of critical care outcomes.

The figure comes from the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC) and is based on a sample of 3,883 coronavirus patients.

It comes as the UK saw its deadliest day in the outbreak so far with a record increase of 980 deaths in just 24 hours, pushing the total fatalities up to almost 9,000.

The recent study shows that out of 1,689 patients in the sample whose care outcome was known, 871 died (51.6 per cent), while 818 were discharged.

In comparison, just 22 per cent out of 5,367 patients taken into critical care with non-Covid-19 viral pneumonia died between 2017 and 2019.

The coronavirus figures come from 284 NHS critical care units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland taking part in an ICNARC programme as of 4pm on April 9.

According to the study, the data shows that: "Of the 3,883 patients, 871 patients have died, 818 patients have been discharged alive from critical care and 2,194 patients were last reported as still receiving critical care."

The mortality rate is currently higher for men and increases with age, the data shows.

Of the 871 people who died, 53.6 per cent were male, while 46.3 per cent were women.

Meanwhile, the largest number of deaths were among those aged between 70-79 at 298, followed by the 60-69 age group, with 273 reported.

Thirty-one patients died aged between 16-39, 46 were 40-49 and 145 were 50-59. A total of 78 patients died aged over 80.

The average (mean) age of those admitted to intensive care with coronavirus was 59.8 years, with 72.5 per cent of patients recorded as male.

Some 2,291 (59 per cent) patients in critical care had to be mechanically ventilated in the first 24 hours, the study revealed.

The largest number of Covid-19 patients remains in London, with 1,428 being managed by the three London Operational Delivery Networks - the system of co-ordinating patient care across the capital.

Previous figures from April 3, recorded the death rate as being at 50.1 per cent.

Critical care units involved in the initiative are asked to notify ICNARC as soon as they have an admission with Covid-19 and provide data at different points of their treatment.

Chris says
    Posted reports that Dr's are starting to challenge the use of breathing aids.
    Oxygen ok.
    Death rate has seemed excessive in intensive care.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2020), onevoice (11th April 2020), silvanelf (11th April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (12th April 2020)

9. Link to Post #185
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Several small scale studies indicate that generally 15 to 17 percent of a given population may get infected by SARS-Cov-2.

COVID antibody test in German town shows 15 percent infection rate
    Scientists randomly sampled 1,000 people in Gangelt
    Ross Clark

This morning we have some data giving a little more insight into the great unknown of the coronavirus pandemic: just how widely among the population has SARS-CoV-2 — the virus which causes COVID-19 — spread among the general population. A team at the University of Bonn has tested a randomized sample of 1,000 residents of the town of Gangelt in the north-west of the country, one of the epicenters of the outbreak in Germany. The study found that two percent of the population currently had the virus and that 14 percent were carrying antibodies suggesting that they had already been infected — whether or not they experienced any symptoms. Eliminating an overlap between the two groups, the team concluded that 15 percent of the town have been infected with the virus.

This number matters hugely because it tells us what we need to know in order to judge how deadly the virus is and also how easily it spreads. It tells us, ultimately, how useful the methods are that we are employing in order to combat the virus. As explained here before, the question of how many people already have the infection is at the heart of a debate between epidemiologists at the Imperial College and Oxford university.

Two weeks ago, the latter published modeling claiming that up to half the UK population might already have been infected with the virus — a level of infection which would mean that lockdown may be the wrong approach, as we would already have achieved a state of herd immunity, preventing the further spread of the disease.

The Gangelt study does not provide support for the idea that half of the population of Britain, or any other country, has been infected with the virus. But for a town to have an infection rate of 15 percent suggests that the virus had spread a lot further than many believed. Neil Ferguson, who leads the Imperial team, told the FT this week that he believes between three and five percent of the UK population has already been infected.

Data from coronavirus deaths in Gangelt suggests an infection mortality rate of 0.37 percent, significantly below the 0.9 percent which Imperial College has estimated, or the 0.66 percent found in a revised study last week.

The 15 percent figure from Gangelt is interesting because it matches two previous studies. Firstly, there was the accidental experiment of the cruise ship the Diamond Princess, which inadvertently became a floating laboratory when a passenger showing symptoms of COVID-19 boarded on January 20 and remained in the ship, spreading the virus, for five days. The ship was eventually quarantined on February 3 and all its 3,711 passengers tested for the virus. It turned out the 634 of them — 17 percent — had been infected, many of them without symptoms. The mortality rate on the vessel was 1.2 percent — although, inevitably being a cruise ship, it was a relatively elderly cohort.

We gained another insight into SARS-CoV-2 from a Chinese study into 391 cases of COVID-19 in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen. In this case, scientists tested everyone who shared a household with people who were found to be suffering from the disease. It turned out 15 percent of this group had gone on to be infected with SARS-CoV-2 themselves. Again, many showed no symptoms.

Obviously these are all small-scale studies and none of them are deliberate experiments to see how far SARS-CoV-2 will spread if it is allowed to ‘rip through’ a population. But they do raise the question: is there a ceiling on the number of people who are prone to be infected with the disease? Do many of us have some kind of natural protection against infection? Would it ever spread among more than about one in six of us?

The British government has based its planning and policy for COVID-19 on the assumption that if the virus was allowed to spread unchecked it would eventually infect 80 percent of the population. That is a figure that seems to have been borrowed from planning for a flu pandemic, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it applies to this virus. The sooner we have the results of more studies like that at Gangelt, the better a picture we have and the sooner we will be able to plot a path out of lockdown.

This article was originally published on The Spectator’s UK website.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2020), Billy (11th April 2020), greybeard (11th April 2020), Icare (11th April 2020), silvanelf (11th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020)

11. Link to Post #186
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,262 times in 5,712 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    I think this is a balanced source really trying to get a handle on the complexities here.

I know people don't prefer long videos but IMO this is really important. He has interviews with several people and Del Bigtree has been bringing out the numerous inconsistencies in the narrative.

I hope also people might listen to Bruce Lipton here with Brian Rose. When everything finally settles, we will still have the underlying issue of how to take our power over our own lives, health and healing. I like Bruce Lipton SO MUCH as a wayshower of what we can do at every moment to change our experience. I also absolutely trust the work of Joe Dispenza and know that this epicsode is waking people up. Bruce Lipton talks here about how FEAR effects the immune system. It is not simply "cause" then "effect" (catch a virus, get sick). It is "cause" modulated by our consciousness then "effect". This is a great opportunity to change our minds because we MUST!

Dr. Bruce Lipton - Coronavirus, Epigenetics & Immune System - Most Dangerous Part of COVID-19 is Fear

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2020), Franny (11th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (11th April 2020), silvanelf (11th April 2020), sllim11 (11th April 2020), thepainterdoug (11th April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (12th April 2020)

13. Link to Post #187
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 830 posts

Shocking, but not totally surprising: (a short video of 2:07 minutes)

https://twitter.com/chrisbergPOVNOW/...80994821509121
    Last edited by Icare; 11th April 2020 at 23:08.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2020), Franny (11th April 2020)

15. Link to Post #188
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,066 times in 3,146 posts

these videos are too long, in light of the fact that ive got ten other must watch videos as well. people need to bring thier critical info to the front in 20 minutes or less. just my opinion/

on another note, my method when going out into the world is simple , cheap and liveable.

With clean hands ,I take colloidal silver into my palm, wet my pinky and completely swab my nostrils deep.

I take the remainder of of the colloidal silver and mix with hand cream and use on my face and hands. colloidal hand cream.

I take listerine cut with about 20% food grade hydrogen peroxide and throughly gargle with it.

so i leave the door,mouth tingling, nostrills silvered up, and hands having some first line defense. it all costs nothing, and better than not doing

best to all and happy easter
    d

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2020), justntime2learn (11th April 2020), onevoice (11th April 2020), silvanelf (11th April 2020), sllim11 (11th April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (12th April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (12th April 2020)

17. Link to Post #189
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 830 posts

Wow, so things like this are happening now

https://twitter.com/sovereignity77/s...90968426991616

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th April 2020), justntime2learn (11th April 2020)

19. Link to Post #190
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Its true the videos are too long for most -- only some have I watched all the way.

What seems to coming up now is that the virus is a natural evolution from earlier viruses.
    It is therefore different but related to previous ones.
    The virus seems to follow the curve of previous ones.
    Some people are naturally immune probably from catching past viruses.
    Oxygen seems helpful but by mask rather than putting a tube down the throat which seems to up the risk of dying.
    The figures I have seen to not seem to validate the shutdown, though UK is now showing worse results than Italy
    I would not be in a hurry to go into intensive care.
    I will not accept vaccination against this.
    I have never had winter flu vaccination.

I suspect the virus is being used as an opportunity to instigate financial ruin for many and increase dependency of the State.
    TPTB have manage in a few days to remove our freedom (temporality) some thing that our forefathers fought and died for in World Wars to preserve.

Lockdown to save lives of the vulnerable and protect the NHS oh Yeah!!! --who ran it down?
    Eventually they will let the young and fit back to work and keep the elderly locked down for their own benefit.
    I being elderly will not be allowed out unless I can prove I dont have a virus-- if not I will be blackmailed into taking the injection or continued being locked down for the good of the community etc

I watched the David Icke video several times and I suspect he has got it right.
    3G 4G 5G a continuing and getting stronger attack on the immune system.
    Look at the increasing number of tumours in the brain, mobile phones proven to be dangerous.
    Also look at the move toward digital -- money.
    All seems so logical -- a future of not owning a car just dial one up and it will arrive and take you where ever!!

Feel free to agree or disagree.

Chris

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

DaveToo (11th April 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (11th April 2020), Elainie (11th April 2020), Eligos (12th April 2020), happyuk (11th April 2020), Reinhard (12th April 2020), spade (12th April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (12th April 2020), wondering (11th April 2020)

21. Link to Post #191
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Feel free to agree or disagree.

Chris
    A few comments in bold:

Its true the videos are too long for most -- only some have I watched all the way.
    Yes. Long videos are a real challenge right now. I just don't have the hours in the day. At least (to any members reading this!), PLEASE post good summaries.

What seems to coming up now is that the virus is a natural evolution from earlier viruses.
    Evolution, for sure. But maybe not always natural.

It is therefore different but related to previous ones.
    Yes.

The virus seems to follow the curve of previous ones.
    All epidemics spread exponentially, unless stopped or contained. Whatever they are.

Some people are naturally immune probably from catching past viruses.
    No... recovering from a cold won't stop you from getting flu the week after. Surviving Ebola won't protect you from Marburg.

I will not accept vaccination against this.
    I have never had winter flu vaccination.
    Nor me. I'll not be vaccinated against anything. The last vaccination I had was 32 years ago (for Yellow Fever, needed for traveling to Africa and India at the time).

I suspect the virus is being used as an opportunity to instigate financial ruin for many and increase dependency of the State.
    Yes.

TPTB have manage in a few days to remove our freedom (temporality) some thing that our forefathers fought and died for in World Wars to preserve.
    Yes. ('Temporarily'... we hope. )

22. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Elainie (11th April 2020), Eligos (12th April 2020), gini (12th April 2020), greybeard (11th April 2020), happyuk (12th April 2020), Inaiá (12th April 2020), justntime2learn (12th April 2020), kudzy (12th April 2020), onevoice (12th April 2020), Reinhard (12th April 2020), Rosemarie (12th April 2020), silvanelf (11th April 2020), T Smith (12th April 2020), thepainterdoug (11th April 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (12th April 2020), wondering (11th April 2020), Yoda (12th April 2020)

23. Link to Post #192
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

delete it all.
    Last edited by Kamikaze; 13th November 2020 at 17:31.

24. Link to Post #193
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Concerning Immune system.
    If I was a scientist I would gathering data from cruise ships in particular.
    These are places where illness runs riot, possibly down to air conditioning system and people being confined.
    So people would be most likely to get the virus there.
    So how come large numbers of people have strong enough immune systems to avoid getting this virus?
    Bearing in mind that the cruise ship probably has quite elderly passengers -- retired people.
    This also applies to number tested negative in all countries.
    So what is the previous medical history of those with strong immune systems?
    Have they had any vaccinations? A big question
    Do they take vitamin/mineral supplements?
    Do they spend less time on mobile phones than most?
    A scientist investigating could come up with many more questions Im sure
    Anyway
    These are questions that would help to strengthen the immune system of people
    Perhaps its being done right now.

Chris

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (12th April 2020), Alan (12th April 2020), Basho (12th April 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (12th April 2020), Reinhard (12th April 2020), spade (12th April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (12th April 2020)

26. Link to Post #194
    Language
    English
    Thanks

UK pledges £200 million in aid to help stop second coronavirus wave

Reuters Reuters

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/uk-pledges...230954555.html

London (Reuters) - Britain said on Sunday it was pledging 200 million pounds to the World Health Organisation (WHO) and charities to help slow the spread of the coronavirus in vulnerable countries and so help prevent a second wave of infections.

More than 1.6 million people are reported to have been infected by the novel coronavirus globally and deaths have topped 100,000 according to a Reuters tally.

Infections have been reported in 210 countries since the first cases were identified in China in December last year and British aid minister Anne-Marie Trevelyan said assisting the poorest nations now would help prevent the virus returning to the United Kingdom.

Britain has reported almost 10,000 deaths from the coronavirus so far, the fifth highest national number globally.

"While our brilliant doctors and nurses fight coronavirus at home, we’re deploying British expertise and funding around the world to prevent a second deadly wave reaching the UK," Trevelyan said in a statement.

"Coronavirus does not respect country borders so our ability to protect the British public will only be effective if we strengthen the healthcare systems of vulnerable developing countries too."

The British government said 130 million pounds would go to United Nations' agencies, with 65 million for the WHO. Another 50 million pounds would go to the Red Cross to help war-torn and hard to reach areas, and 20 million pounds going to other organisations and charities.

The cash would help areas with weak health systems such as war-ravaged Yemen, which reported its first case on Friday, and Bangladesh, which is hosting 850,000 Rohingya refugees in crowded camps, it said.

Britain's support for the WHO contrasts with the view of U.S. President Donald Trump who has criticised its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic with suggestions his administration might re-evaluate U.S. funding

"The United Kingdom’s generous contribution is a strong statement that this is a global threat that demands a global response," Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO's Director General said.

"We are all in this together, which means protecting health around the world will help to protect the health of people in the UK."

($1 = 0.8073 pounds)

(Reporting by Michael Holden; editing by Guy Faulconbridge)

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (12th April 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (12th April 2020), Reinhard (12th April 2020)

28. Link to Post #195
    Language
    English
    Thanks

They DON’T WANT YOU TO KNOW THE TRUTH | YOU CAN BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM LIKE THAT - David Icke
    Thankfully a short video
    Chris

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Basho (12th April 2020), Reinhard (12th April 2020)

30. Link to Post #196
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,169 times in 3,982 posts

This is bluntly real about what goes on with used human bodies on Hart Island, NYC:

Those are three deep.

It says they have been a little extra busy lately.

A physician at the county level in California is convinced enough the virus was widespread before the first case was reported, they are checking out blood banks for evidence.

"When it came to tracing the second case in the Bay Area several weeks later, medics were unable to discover how the patient - a woman who had been ill for weeks - had come in contact with the virus. “That means the virus is in the community already — not, as was suspected by the CDC, as only in China and being spread from contact with China,” Smith said.

“Symptoms are very much like the flu. If you got a mild case of COVID, you didn’t really notice,” he explained. “You didn’t even go to the doctor.” Indeed, data from the CDC shows that since early December, hospitalizations for “Influenza-like Illness” stayed higher than at any point during the last decade, save for the unusually bad 2017-2018 flu season."

Here, they report an outbreak at another nursing home which has not been identified, and down to only eight counties with nothing. Interestingly, the closest large outbreak in such a facility is responsible for 53/84 of the county's cases. Of the places mentioned a few days ago, they are 116/141 in that area. There is even another one showing more in the nursing home than the whole county. So this is a heavily skewed distribution, same as it is in Sweden.

If we can assume most of the residents are not exposing themselves to worldly affairs, where, exactly, did the employees go to get such a big piece of the pie?

In my experience, most of them are not the type of doctors who go to international conferences. Again, it says to me the infection was already everywhere, and is just more noticeable in that setting.

Here, it is particularly fatal to black people, more than 40% of the total, same as in Sweden.

But apparently their schools are open, and not been called outbreak centers yet.

I am still not exactly sure what is going on around here, since the Easter ads tell many many stores are open past "go home" time. Generally, there are not arrests being made along these lines, just requests for cooperation.

There are "complaints" being made about violating the stay-at-home "request" and against gatherings and so forth, among which, we find, "complaints were about businesses staying open. Among other businesses, officers got called to a Game Stop store, three tobacco shops and a Mattress Warehouse store – all of the businesses were ruled exempt by the county’s order."

Yes, we are now complaining about a mattress store being open. I suppose that is better than the government actually commandeering it to hide people from nursing homes. They'll let prisoners out, but you better not have a mattress or move someone who can't help themselves.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

onevoice (12th April 2020), Reinhard (12th April 2020), silvanelf (12th April 2020)

32. Link to Post #197
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 times in 190 posts

Smoking gun of virus origin?

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/smo...boratory-wuhan

Sorry if this has been posted already... I haven't been able to find it in several searches...

Not sure how it relates to the above video (Judy Mikowitz) as I haven't watched it yet...a summary really would be good!

The main points of the paper are:
    • Citation of the evidence that the original outbreak likely came from bats.
    • Residents of Wuhan and visitors to the infamous seafood market (around 100 people questioned), say no bats were ever sold there.
    • The bats in question are a specific breed, with a specific habitat, which is 900km away, making it nearly impossible for bats to have travelled to the seafood market naturally.
    • There are two laborites in close proximity to the market, and both were studying the bats in question, who were carrying the virus in question.

Hmmm...

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apulu For This Post:

Agape (12th April 2020), Alan (12th April 2020), greybeard (12th April 2020), onevoice (12th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th April 2020), shaberon (13th April 2020)

34. Link to Post #198
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,974 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Listening to Alex Jones
    Listening to Mike Adams
    Listening to David Icke
    Listening to Dr Chris Martenson
    Listening to Dr Roger Seheult
    Listening to Dr Francis Boyle
    Listening to Dr Shiva Ayyadurai
    Listening to Dr Anthony Fauci (not recommended!)
    It's a bioweapon
    It was accidentally released
    It was deliberately released
    It came form China
    It came from the US
    It came from the seafood market
    The virus doesn't exist at all
    It'll come back in a second wave later in the year
    We'll all be immune pretty soon, when herd immunity is reached
    It's airborne
    It's not airborne
    It's only a collection of 5G symptoms, nothing more
    (...and much, much, much else).

So "thoroughly debunks most everything you've been told about covid-19" may not be all that helpful!

If it means "none of the above" it may be exactly wrong. I've said it before, eg about JFK, but I rather think we are in the opposite situation (cf "Murder on the Orient Express"): all of the above. We are in an age when having discovered probability waves, we find that they simply refuse to collapse.

It is interesting how, every time we make a new discovery, it comes just at the right time (synchronistically) for immediate consumption. For example, a thousands-year-old cycle, and boom, a major crisis point is due next year or next decade.
    Well, no one thought much of my yesterday’s effort. Fair enough: it was as clear as mud. But now I’m going to take the same material and turn it into a happy crystal clear message for Easter morning. I have to correct myself here: some things do take thousands of years to come into proper focus. Here is my 20/20 vision… or 2020 vision. Optically (stereoscopically), this means you have two different clear views of the same things or events. That is what I am talking about. Like the Easter story, one clear view is very bad; the other clear view is very good. (These two extremes presumably include everything in between as well.) The Easter message is to say that the perceived negative reality is false, and the new unexpected positive reality is true. The probability wave that refused to collapse comes crashing down in total certainty when that true reality finally takes over.

Let’s apply this to the current totally exceptional situation. Here is the bad news that everyone is focusing on, including and especially on this forum. Let’s take it in its extreme form. This is the last chance saloon for the evil agenda aimed at massive population reduction and total enslavement of the rest. We have already had failed attempts at MAD, mutual assured nuclear destruction. Enough was done to make this happen, and indeed it really ought to have happened, but for the miraculous intervention of some unseen hand. A pandemic works in the same way, becoming unstoppable if a critical mass is reached. While the initial impetus seems to have been lost, this can very much still happen.

So, what would the good news be? The best imaginable by so many these days, and the most necessary, would appear to be a mass landing of the owners of the unseen hand, our human cousins from other planets. We are ready for that now. How do we know? We have reached the end of the road. An individual does not have a near-death experience until they are no longer alive, and not yet dead: they become like Schrodinger’s cat, in two superimposed states. Likewise, humanity generally is having an NDE, or about to have one, with vital systems flatlining. About now would be the time to intervene, because to quote the title of an SF novel about a time slip by Fred Hoyle, “October the First is Too Late”.

We now see how the White House Lawn scenario was far too petty and local, when a global event was needed. Now we have closed so many spaces that, turning lockdown into open up, they can land just about everywhere. We shall greet them on the beaches, in our parks, at our airports, on the Champs-Elysées, in St Peter’s Square, you name it. It seems that what has happened is like at a large public function where people are made to clear a wide space. They will be wondering, and maybe grumbling, but they expect something important is about to happen when someone comes to occupy that space.

Clearly, all the above taken together sounds a bit schizophrenic or manic-depressive, but we have names for this sort of thing. We talk about having one’s cake and eating it. The French saying adds an interesting French twist to this: you can have your butter and your butter money, and sometimes the dairymaid as well! Let’s not lose sight of that dairymaid. Another phrase is “in flagrante delicto”. This is a detection technique used simultaneously to solve and indeed prevent a crime, arrest the suspects and put the trial judge out of business as well. For all intents and purposes, the crime is committed, and everyone establishes their personal guilt by playing their part before reliable witnesses. No top defence attorney is going to save them. The one difference is that the victim is not hurt, so in another sense no crime has been committed; and yet it has been so perfectly acted out for real in every other detail that no attorney is going to use that defence.

What this means is any and all crimes, misdemeanours and ill-advised behaviours that may have been committed along the way become crystal hand-in-cookie-jar clear and put an end to. This is on a scale closer to a benevolent Last Judgement than any talk of “mass arrests”. Benevolent, because the ultimate crime has been prevented, and we will not be going there again. We have been wallowing in this deepening grey area for so long. We know in principle how this can be overcome. All that is now needed is for it to happen. Happy Easter everyone.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Agape (12th April 2020), shaberon (13th April 2020)

36. Link to Post #199
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Government plans to create 'NHS app' to end coronavirus lockdown
    Yahoo News UK George Martin,Yahoo News UK

More on the link

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/coronaviru...081410633.html

The government has ordered the creation of an NHS app which it hopes will help end the coronavirus lockdown.

When fully operational, the phone app would use Bluetooth technology to find out whether a user had come into close contact with an infected person, according to The Sunday Times.

The app would then alert them to get tested for the virus at an NHS facility.

If a person becomes unwell with symptoms, he or she can allow the app to inform the NHS and trigger an alert that the app will send anonymously to all other users with whom the person was in significant contact over the previous few days.
    A posed picture taken in Marsden on March 25, 2020 shows a communication from the British government's Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp displayed on a smartphone. - Britain on March 24 said it will open a 4,000-bed field hospital at a London exhibition centre to treat coronavirus cases in the latest measure to tackle the outbreak after the government ordered a nationwide lockdown. The British health secretary told a news conference the temporary hospital, to be known as the NHS Nightingale Hospital, would open at the ExCeL centre in east London with two wards each with a capacity for 2,000 people. (Photo by Oli SCARFF / AFP) (Photo by OLI SCARFF/AFP via Getty Images)
    The government has already created a Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp. (Getty)

It is hoped that, combined with a massive increase in testing for the disease, the new technology will enable the government to end the lockdown from late next month.

NHSX, the health service’s technology arm, has reportedly been developing the app at “breakneck speed” in conjunction with Google and Apple.

“We believe this could be important in helping the country return to normality,” a Whitehall source told the newspaper.

However, experts say the “track and trace” concept will only work effectively if 60 per cent of people download it.

One idea under consideration would mean people being told they could resume normal work and home life if they installed it on their phones.

Senior public figures warned that any data harvested by the technology would need to be stringently protected.

Lord Evans, the former head of MI5, wrote in The Sunday Times: “These tools proved extremely effective at giving our police and security services an edge over the terrorists and have saved many lives. They are likely to be just as effective at helping stamp out the Covid-19 pandemic.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Reinhard (12th April 2020), shaberon (13th April 2020), TomKat (12th April 2020)

38. Link to Post #200
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Five months on, what scientists now know about the coronavirus

The Guardian Robin McKie Science Editor,The Guardian

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/five-month...054034424.html

Photograph: NEXU Science Communication/Reuters

Coronaviruses have been causing problems for humanity for a long time. Several versions are known to trigger common colds and more recently two types have set off outbreaks of deadly illnesses: severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (Mers).

But their impact has been mild compared with the global havoc unleashed by the coronavirus that is causing the Covid-19 pandemic. In only a few months it has triggered lockdowns in dozens of nations and claimed more than 100,000 lives. And the disease continues to spread.

That is an extraordinary achievement for a spiky ball of genetic material coated in fatty chemicals called lipids, and which measures an 80-billionth of a metre in diameter. Humanity has been brought low by a very humble assailant.

On the other hand, our knowledge about the Sars-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, is also remarkable. This was an organism unknown to science five months ago. Today it is the subject of study on an unprecedented scale. Vaccines projects proliferate, antiviral drug trials have been launched and new diagnostic tests are appearing.

The questions are therefore straightforward: what have we learned over the past five months and how might that knowledge put an end to this pandemic?
    Where did it come from and how did it first infect humans?

The Sars-CoV-2 virus almost certainly originated in bats, which have evolved fierce immune responses to viruses, researchers have discovered. These defences drive viruses to replicate faster so that they can get past bats’ immune defences. In turn, that transforms the bat into a reservoir of rapidly reproducing and highly transmissible viruses. Then when these bat viruses move into other mammals, creatures that lack a fast-response immune system, the viruses quickly spread into their new hosts. Most evidence suggests that Sars-CoV-2 started infecting humans via an intermediary species, such as pangolins.

“This virus probably jumped from a bat into another animal, and that other animal was probably near a human, maybe in a market,” says virologist Professor Edward Holmes of Sydney University. “And so if that wildlife animal has a virus it’s picked up from a bat and we’re interacting with it, there’s a good chance that the virus will then spread to the person handling the animal. Then that person will go home and spread it to someone else and we have an outbreak.”

As to the transmission of Sars-CoV-2, that occurs when droplets of water containing the virus are expelled by an infected person in a cough or sneeze.
    Health officials inspect bats to be confiscated in the wake of coronavirus outbreak at a live animal market in Solo, Central Java, Indonesia.
    Health officials inspect bats to be confiscated in the wake of a coronavirus outbreak at a live animal market in Solo, Central Java, Indonesia. Photograph: AP
    How does the virus spread and how does it affect people?

Virus-ridden particles are inhaled by others and come into contact with cells lining the throat and larynx. These cells have large numbers of receptors – known as Ace-2 receptors – on their surfaces. (Cell receptors play a key role in passing chemicals into cells and in triggering signals between cells.) “This virus has a surface protein that is primed to lock on that receptor and slip its RNA into the cell,” says virologist Professor Jonathan Ball of Nottingham University.

Once inside, that RNA inserts itself into the cell’s own replication machinery and makes multiple copies of the virus. These burst out of the cell, and the infection spreads. Antibodies generated by the body’s immune system eventually target the virus and in most cases halt its progress.

“A Covid-19 infection is generally mild, and that really is the secret of the virus’s success,” adds Ball. “Many people don’t even notice they have got an infection and so go around their work, homes and supermarkets infecting others.”

By contrast, Sars – which is also caused by a coronavirus – makes patients much sicker and kills about one in 10 of those infected. In most cases, these patients are hospitalised and that stops them infecting others – by cutting the transmission chain. Milder Covid-19 avoids that issue.
    Why does the virus sometimes cause death?

Occasionally, however, the virus can cause severe problems. This happens when it moves down the respiratory tract and infects the lungs, which are even richer in cells with Ace-2 receptors. Many of these cells are destroyed, and lungs become congested with bits of broken cell. In these cases, patients will require treatment in intensive care.

Even worse, in some cases, a person’s immune system goes into overdrive, attracting cells to the lungs in order to attack the virus, resulting in inflammation. This process can run out of control, more immune cells pour in, and the inflammation gets worse. This is known as a cytokine storm. (In Greek, “cyto” means cell and “kino” means movement.) In some cases, this can kill the patient.

Just why cytokine storms occur in some patients but not in the vast majority is unclear. One possibility is that some people have versions of Ace-2 receptors that are slightly more vulnerable to attacks from the coronavirus than are those of most people.
    Are we protected for life if we get infected?

Doctors examining patients recovering from a Covid-19 infection are finding fairly high levels of neutralising antibodies in their blood. These antibodies are made by the immune system, and they coat an invading virus at specific points, blocking its ability to break into cells.

“It is clear that immune responses are being mounted against Covid-19 in infected people,” says virologist Mike Skinner of Imperial College London. “And the antibodies created by that response will provide protection against future infections – but we should note that it is unlikely this protection will be for life.”

Instead, most virologists believe that immunity against Covid-19 will last only a year or two. “That is in line with other coronaviruses that infect humans,” says Skinner. “That means that even if most people do eventually become exposed to the virus, it is still likely to become endemic – which means we would see seasonal peaks of infection of this disease. We will have reached a steady state with regard to Covid-19.”

The virus will be with us for some time, in short. But could it change its virulence? Some researchers have suggested that it could become less deadly. Others have argued that it could mutate to become more lethal. Skinner is doubtful. “We have got to consider this pandemic from the virus’s perspective,” he says. “It is spreading round the world very nicely. It is doing OK. So why should it change?”

In the end, it will be the development and roll-out of an effective vaccine that will free us from the threat of Covid-19, Skinner says.
    When will we get a vaccine?

On Friday, the journal Nature reported that 78 vaccine projects had been launched round the globe – with a further 37 in development. Among the projects that are under way is a vaccine programme that is now in phase-one trials at Oxford University, two others at US biotechnology corporations and three more at Chinese scientific groups. Many other vaccine developers say they plan to start human testing this year.
    A woman holds a small bottle labeled with a “Vaccine COVID-19” sticker.
    Around the globe, there are 78 vaccine projects. Photograph: Dado Ruvić/Reuters

This remarkable response raises hopes that a Covid-19 vaccine could be developed in a fairly short time. However, vaccines require large-scale safety and efficacy studies. Thousands of people would receive either the vaccine itself or a placebo to determine if the former were effective at preventing infection from the virus which they would have encountered naturally. That, inevitably, is a lengthy process.

As a result, some scientists have proposed a way to speed up the process – by deliberately exposing volunteers to the virus to determine a vaccine’s efficacy. “This approach is not without risks but has the potential to expedite candidate vaccine testing by many months,” says Nir Eyal, a professor of bioethics at Rutgers University.

Volunteers would have to be young and healthy, he stresses: “Their health would also be closely monitored, and they would have access to intensive care and any available medicines.” The result could be a vaccine that would save millions of lives by being ready for use in a much shorter time than one that went through standard phase three trials.

But deliberately infecting people – in particular volunteers who would be given a placebo vaccine as part of the trial – is controversial. “This will have to be thought through very carefully,” says Professor Adam Finn of Bristol University. “Young people might jump at the opportunity to join such a trial but this is a virus that does kill the odd young person. We don’t know why yet. However, phase-three trials are still some way off, so we have time to consider the idea carefully.”

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Mare (13th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th April 2020), wondering (13th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 275 FirstFirst 1 10 20 60 110 275 LastLast