+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 1 6 16 31 LastLast

Thread: Covid19: Don't trust the statistics (or the science re the tests/the cause of the sickness)

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Default Re: Covid19: Don't trust the statistics (or the science re the tests/the cause of the sickness)

There are significant numbers of people who have died but whose death hasn’t been attributed to the coronavirus because they died at home or in a nursing home and so they weren’t swabbed,” said Giorgio Gori, mayor of the town of Bergamo.

Gori said there had been 164 deaths in his town in the first two weeks of March this year, of which 31 were attributed to the coronavirus. That compares with 56 deaths over the same period last year.

Even adding the 31 coronavirus deaths to that total would leave 77 additional deaths, an increase that suggests the virus may have caused significantly more deaths than officially recorded.

Emilio Tanzi, director of Cremona Solidale, a 460-bed residence in the northern town of Cremona, said nursing homes were on the front lines of a crisis that predominantly affected the elderly, who nevertheless have not had adequate support.

He said there had been a significant and “anomalous” increase in deaths since about March 2, when the spread of the epidemic began to gather pace in Italy.

But there was no way of knowing for sure whether they were due to COVID-19, the disease associated with the coronavirus, he added.

Tanzi declined to give full numbers, but said on just one day last week there had been 18 deaths at his facility of patients with respiratory difficulties - symptoms associated with the coronavirus.

“We don’t know if there have been coronavirus deaths because the swabs haven’t been done,” he said. “We’ve certainly seen high fevers and breathing difficulties.”

“If we’d been in a position to know, we could have isolated these patients properly and avoided the epidemic.”
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2152V0
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

ClearWater (8th April 2020), greybeard (8th April 2020), Ratszinger (8th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), wondering (8th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #102
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,970 times in 1,706 posts

Default Re: Covid19: Don't trust the statistics (or the science re the tests/the cause of the sickness)

Sorry to have to break the news to you folks but...

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
    Along with the reports of Italy's Covid-19 deaths and Spain's, and France's and Germany's and UK's etc...

The number of cases and deaths are embarrassingly low.
    Actually they are pathetically low!

Right smack dab in the middle of the numbers we get for the yearly seasonal flu. No more, no less.

Are you trying to tell me that this deadly, killer virus that was supposed to take out much of the world's population is no more deadly than the seasonal flu?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to tell you.

Check out the Covid-19 charts for these bellwether countries. (click on image to enlarge)
    How are your analytical skills?
    Do you see a pattern? Do you see a trend?

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Do you see astronomical numbers?

Do you see numbers that would justify the take-down of the world's economies?

Do you see numbers that would justify the MSM plastering wall-to-wall 24/7 Covid-19 news coverage on their media?

Do you see numbers that would justify the fear-mongering that has been going on the past couple of months?

Do you see numbers that would justify the Draconian measures that have been used to take away the rights of half the world's population?

Go To Jail, Go directly to Jail. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200
    Last edited by DaveToo; 9th April 2020 at 01:29. Reason: fixed spelling error

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Goba (10th April 2020), greybeard (8th April 2020), Philippe (8th April 2020), Phoenix (9th April 2020), Ratszinger (8th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), Tomkoyote (9th April 2020), wondering (8th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #103
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Thanks to Herve and Billy.
    I have highlighted part -- accepting that this article was written some time ago
    Chris
    Mortality Rate?

In February 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) – never known for its accuracy or consistency – declared a “Pandemic” for the coronavirus and claimed that the mortality rate for the novel coronavirus disease now designated as COVID-19 was 3.4%, while that for the seasonal flu was 0.1%. Of course, the news media ran with those numbers and splashed scary headlines across the World stating how much more deadly this new virus was than the seasonal flu. The problem with WHO’s statement, however, was that they applied two different formulas for the two viruses. For the COVID-19 disease, for example, they simply didn’t count any of the mild cases of COVID-19 that resolved themselves; yet, they did with the seasonal flu. If WHO were to apply the same formula to seasonal flu cases as it did with COVID-19 cases, then the seasonal flu is revealed more truthfully as being twice as deadly as the COVID-19 virus.
    Truth is we dont know what the current death rate is. nor what the rate will be when a full check can be done perhaps a year from now.
    Its in the interest of the PTB to inflate the figures to generate fear - so I would be inclined to believe it is less than currently hyped up to be --also some of the projections are so high -- it just looks like another reason to take away our liberty.
    I would remind people that millions died during the wars to enable freedom to be taken almost for granted.
    Now what have we got -- emotional blackmail and fear projections --facts --I dont think so.

I would like to believe the death rateis no higher than seasonal flu -- however its not over by a long stretch.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Phoenix (9th April 2020), Ratszinger (8th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), wondering (8th April 2020)

7. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,260 times in 1,397 posts

Thanks to Herve and Billy.
    I have highlighted part -- accepting that this article was written some time ago
    Chris
    Mortality Rate?

In February 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) – never known for its accuracy or consistency – declared a “Pandemic” for the coronavirus and claimed that the mortality rate for the novel coronavirus disease now designated as COVID-19 was 3.4%, while that for the seasonal flu was 0.1%. Of course, the news media ran with those numbers and splashed scary headlines across the World stating how much more deadly this new virus was than the seasonal flu. The problem with WHO’s statement, however, was that they applied two different formulas for the two viruses. For the COVID-19 disease, for example, they simply didn’t count any of the mild cases of COVID-19 that resolved themselves; yet, they did with the seasonal flu. If WHO were to apply the same formula to seasonal flu cases as it did with COVID-19 cases, then the seasonal flu is revealed more truthfully as being twice as deadly as the COVID-19 virus.
    Truth is we dont know what the current death rate is. nor what the rate will be when a full check can be done perhaps a year from now.
    Its in the interest of the PTB to inflate the figures to generate fear - so I would be inclined to believe it is less than currently hyped up to be --also some of the projections are so high -- it just looks like another reason to take away our liberty.
    I would remind people that millions died during the wars to enable freedom to be taken almost for granted.
    Now what have we got -- emotional blackmail and fear projections --facts --I dont think so.

I would like to believe the death rateis no higher than seasonal flu -- however its not over by a long stretch.
    The seasonal flu has already killed upwards of 130,000 people world wide while COVID19 is hovering at 87,000 plus. The democrats have to push this to the election time to get the rule changes to the voting so they can more easily cheat! Therefore they will continue to lie about the death rate and about actual cases by simply saying all deaths are COVID19. With the control they have of the media they expect this to be a cake walk.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

DaveToo (8th April 2020), greybeard (8th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,557 times in 32,726 posts

https://twitter.com/chrisbergPOVNOW/...80994821509121

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Elainie (9th April 2020), justntime2learn (9th April 2020), kudzy (9th April 2020), Maunagarjana (9th April 2020), Mypos (9th April 2020), Philippe (8th April 2020), PurpleLama (9th April 2020), Satori (8th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), TomKat (9th April 2020), Tomkoyote (9th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020), Yoda (9th April 2020)

11. Link to Post #106
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    Sorry to have to break the news to you folks but...

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
    Along with the reports of Italy's Covid-19 deaths and Spain's, and France's and Germany's and UK's etc...

The number of cases and deaths are embarrassingly low.
    Actually they are pathetically low!

Right smack dab in the middle of the numbers we get for the yearly seasonal flu. No more, no less.

Are you trying to tell me that this deadly, killer virus that was supposed to take out much of the world's population is no more deadly than the seasonal flu?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to tell you.

Check out the Covid-19 charts for these bellweather countries. (click on image to enlarge)
    How are your analytical skills?
    Do you see a pattern? Do you see a trend?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bill I don't see why you found it justifiable to move the above post that I had made to the Covid-19 News section, to this section?
    I have posted News.

It may not be the kind of News that you like to see or hear, but it is still news.

I have done a lot of work today to create all of the above charts, which are based on NEW numbers that have just come out from the Data from European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). So , yes this IS NEWS!

Most of the public and members here are not given the opportunity to see charts such as the ones I posted above.
    The MSM certainly does not publish them.

I am not making up these numbers. These are new, fresh data coming from the following countries:
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Germany
    • Iran
    • Norway
    • Pakistan
    • Ecuador

They warrant to be posted in the Covid-19 News section, not here.

Mod note from Bill:
    No, this isn't "Global Reports, News and Updates". If it was, everything would be "Global Reports, News and Updates".

That's how come the original main news thread got into such a disorganized mess. As "librarians", we have to keep these discussions separated out, or else no-one will ever be able to find anything they're interested in. That's our prime purpose here in having different threads. Exactly like having different library shelves, or different folders on your computer.

It's possible it might better be in the Cui Bono? thread, and if so I can move it there — or you're welcome to copy it there yourself.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th April 2020 at 21:44.

12. Link to Post #107
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

"Mod note from Bill: No, this isn't "Global Reports, News and Updates". If it was, everything would be "Global Reports, News and Updates".

That's how come the original main news thread got into such a disorganized mess. As "librarians", we have to keep these discussions separated out, or else no-one will ever be able to find anything they're interested in. That's our prime purpose here in having different threads. Exactly like having different library shelves, or different folders on your computer.

It's possible it might better be in the Cui Bono? thread, and if so I can move it there — or you're welcome to copy it there yourself."

Well I disagree.

I did not post an opinion piece. I did not post who benefits from this.
    I did not say Don't Trust the Statistics, and so it should not be posted in the "Don't Trust the Statistics" section.

The nuts and bolts of my post consists of 7 graphs.
    They contain fresh data that was just released.

I am using the statistics that the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control has published.

In this case, I am actually saying YES, trust this data, trust these statistics!

Because the data paints a completely different picture than what the MSM is currently saying.

This is the reason I made my post in the News section. Because it is news.

I do feel that this data SHOULD BE TRUSTED.
    Why would I post this in the Don't Trust the Statistics section?

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Elainie (9th April 2020), greybeard (9th April 2020), Phoenix (9th April 2020), Snoweagle (14th April 2020), Tomkoyote (9th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020)

14. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Yesterday I was wearing a mask. Today, no longer. I don't believe in the fiat science that creates bureaucratic "truths" like global warming, HIV causes AIDS or Covid-19. Dr. Fauci is an old hand at this. People may or may not have died in Wuhan, but it wasn't a flu that killed them. There is a nasty flu going around, but it's just the seasonal flu. Since before Covid supposedly hit North America, I've been successfully fighting a flu. I'll get a symptom, take oregano oil, and it's gone for a week or two, until the next time, over and over. If I didn't take oregano oil and came down with the flu, they would say I had covid-19. Whenever anyone dies, it is said they died of covid-19. I'm done with the mainstream media coverage of covid. I'm more interested in what they're doing while the population is in fear and under house arrest. But I'm not likely to ever find that out from mainstream sources. Maybe on Avalon...

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Basho (9th April 2020), Elainie (9th April 2020), Mypos (9th April 2020), Tomkoyote (9th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020)

16. Link to Post #109
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 times in 787 posts

Local Charlotte's Webb fame CBD oil dies, tested negative for COVID yet they are labeling her death as COVID.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...184800396.html

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Basho (9th April 2020), TomKat (9th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020)

18. Link to Post #110
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 times in 787 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)

Yesterday I was wearing a mask. Today, no longer. I don't believe in the fiat science that creates bureaucratic "truths" like global warming, HIV causes AIDS or Covid-19. Dr. Fauci is an old hand at this. People may or may not have died in Wuhan, but it wasn't a flu that killed them. There is a nasty flu going around, but it's just the seasonal flu. Since before Covid supposedly hit North America, I've been successfully fighting a flu. I'll get a symptom, take oregano oil, and it's gone for a week or two, until the next time, over and over. If I didn't take oregano oil and came down with the flu, they would say I had covid-19. Whenever anyone dies, it is said they died of covid-19. I'm done with the mainstream media coverage of covid. I'm more interested in what they're doing while the population is in fear and under house arrest. But I'm not likely to ever find that out from mainstream sources. Maybe on Avalon...

There is something for sure weird going on, see my new post on this thread. Death counts and causes are being skewed, many people are not trusting the media or COVID data.

Edited to add, just yesterday we heard from a friend that had gone to Italy and Israel in November, got it and was quarantined, he is overweight and pulled through luckily, a functional wellness MD here has been testing people for antobodies (we go on Tuesday) and people who were sick here in Colorado in November are testing positive for antibodies, the office explained this is not a made in China test and very accurate, I believe there is a COVID but there are many agenda's playing out at once and COVID has been circulating in the USA for longer than we have been told.
    Last edited by Elainie; 9th April 2020 at 00:40.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Basho (9th April 2020), Blacklight43 (9th April 2020), gini (9th April 2020), Sunny (15th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), TomKat (9th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020)

20. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Elainie (here)
    I believe there is a COVID but there are many agenda's playing out at once and COVID has been circulating in the USA for longer than we have been told.
    If so, then I had it last winter, Jan of 2019. It went to severe bronchitis and almost went to pneumonia --- took months to be completely rid of it.

A tip for anyone trying to sleep when their lungs are wheezing -- ear buds and a rain storm mp3.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Elainie (9th April 2020), Sunny (15th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020)

22. Link to Post #112
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

I’m beginning to see a strong correlation between those who took a long time feeling mild symptoms for roughly like 1-2 weeks, then heading to a clinic or hospital, taking the test, and then collapsing into complete ICU status after taking the test. I also read of contaminated test kits preloaded with the virus on them. Do you see the correlation here? Might be better to avoid the swab test, especially if the kit originated from China - because you know, there’s a cold war going on....

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

Basho (9th April 2020), ClearWater (9th April 2020), Elainie (9th April 2020), leavesoftrees (9th April 2020), pueblo (9th April 2020), PurpleLama (9th April 2020)

24. Link to Post #113
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Quote Posted by spade (here)
    I’m beginning to see a strong correlation between those who took a long time feeling mild symptoms for roughly like 1-2 weeks, then heading to a clinic or hospital, taking the test, and then collapsing into complete ICU status after taking the test. I also read of contaminated test kits preloaded with the virus on them. Do you see the correlation here? Might be better to avoid the swab test, especially if the kit originated from China - because you know, there’s a cold war going on....
    GOOD THINKING!! Both your conjectures absolutely make sense. Of course there's more to the (already proven not possibly yet valid) test than what it's being sold as for, I only got as far as suspecting it being a DNA gathering ruse.

Much appreciation for contributing that.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

greybeard (9th April 2020), Philippe (9th April 2020), pueblo (9th April 2020), spade (9th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020)

26. Link to Post #114
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Scottish test numbers: 9 April 2020

A total of 27,518 people in Scotland have been tested. Of these:

22,561 tests were confirmed negative
    4,957 tests were positive
    447 patients who tested positive have died

Now that does not give much value to the idea that this virus is highly contagious.
    Of course the Government will claim that social distancing is working -- well if you are being tested there cant be social distance between you and the tester who has tested many -- some of who will have the virus.
    Testing would seem a way of spreading the virus through close contact -- no matter how well the tester is kept safe
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Basho (9th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020)

28. Link to Post #115
    Thanks

Dr. Fauci has done what he did with HIV=AIDS. He has taken correlation=causation to its highest level. It's the same as they did with humans=global warming. Correlation=causation: done with media in lockstep, testimony from govt-funded "experts." They say covid will be a permanent thing. The body always responds the same way to all corona virus infections, so nobody can say otherwise. So they've hijacked the seasonal flu. Any time someone dies, they say it was covid. Martial law, whenever they feel like it. And the DO feel like it!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Basho (9th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020)

30. Link to Post #116
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,221 times in 2,093 posts

Watching the Canadian news this morning - the health organization is talking as if this will continue through to the summer of 2021. They said that Canada is only at the early stage still - horse crap.

It appears that they are grouping all flu/cold viruses into the covid-19 lump.

...and social distancing is now 2 metres?

I am a very patient person, but the bull**** is getting on my nerves. More stores closing and reading that tech and hardware are being moved into the non-essential items?

Seeing more restrictions being imposed every time I have gone to the grocery store - I expect that it won't be long before you are escorted through the store and your time in there is strictly limited.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Basho (9th April 2020), TomKat (10th April 2020), Tomkoyote (9th April 2020)

32. Link to Post #117
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,808 times in 2,892 posts

From NEW YOUR POST
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-c...c45os-UIrMCtTU

yup numbers are being fudged
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

Basho (9th April 2020), Gracy (9th April 2020), Patient (9th April 2020)

34. Link to Post #118
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by shadowstalker (here)
    From NEW YOUR POST

While I’m seldom seen in defense of any federal official or spokesman, I DO think there’s a valid argument to be made on behalf of attributing deaths of Covid patients with underlying conditions, to Covid itself.

Seems logical to me anyway. Would this person with say a heart problem, asthma, or a compromised immune system, still be alive today had they not contracted the virus?

Isn’t it the same with how we count flu deaths every winter? I’m pretty darn sure that a very small percentage of them are ever strapping young strong and healthy individuals.

35. Link to Post #119
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,557 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    From NEW YOUR POST

While I’m seldom seen in defense of any federal official or spokesman, I DO think there’s a valid argument to be made on behalf of attributing deaths of Covid patients with underlying conditions, to Covid itself.

Seems logical to me anyway. Would this person with say a heart problem, asthma, or a compromised immune system, still be alive today had they not contracted the virus?

Isn’t it the same with how we count flu deaths every winter? I’m pretty darn sure that a very small percentage of them are ever strapping young strong and healthy individuals.
    I strongly suspect it depends what actually brought their life to an end — at least in many (but maybe not all) cases.

Someone with diabetes, or a heart condition, or even with advanced cancer — who would not have died that day if they'd not have contracted Covod-19 (assuming they did) — would have Covid-19 as the cause of their death on the certificate.

Same as with a car accident. If you died in a highway pile-up on your way to hospital for emergency cancer surgery, the car accident would be the stated cause of death, even if your chances of surviving the surgery for more than a few days or weeks were slim.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Gracy (9th April 2020), Lilybee8 (21st April 2020), silvanelf (9th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020), Yoda (9th April 2020)

37. Link to Post #120
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,260 times in 1,397 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    From NEW YOUR POST

I strongly suspect it depends what actually brought their life to an end — at least in many (but maybe not all) cases.

Someone with diabetes, or a heart condition, or even with advanced cancer — who would not have died that day if they'd not have contracted Covod-19 (assuming they did) — would have Covid-19 as the cause of their death on the certificate.

Same as with a car accident. If you died in a highway pile-up on your way to hospital for emergency cancer surgery, the car accident would be the stated cause of death, even if your chances of surviving the surgery for more than a few days or weeks were slim.
    I agree and we can't forget that their weakened systems perhaps brought this virus on more readily. Here we have the catch 22 though as it's hard to say here if the virus killed them or the weakened state due to their current health status killed them. It really is a judgement call for the doctor.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

gini (10th April 2020), Gracy (9th April 2020), greybeard (9th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), wondering (9th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 1 6 16 31 LastLast