+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 1 8 18 31 LastLast

Thread: Covid19: Don't trust the statistics (or the science re the tests/the cause of the sickness)

1. Link to Post #141
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,641 times in 8,117 posts

Default Re: Covid19: Don't trust the statistics (or the science re the tests/the cause of the sickness)

That's the second Corbett video I've seen in 24 hours that is diving him way down my respectability ratings.

In this one, he pulls out 2 or 3 strawman points from somwhere, then proceeds to worship at the alter of the ever powerful god of globalism.

It takes a hell of a lot to disgust me, but he's getting there fast.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

2. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (11th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #142
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Covid19: Don't trust the statistics (or the science re the tests/the cause of the sickness)

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    then proceeds to worship at the alter of the ever powerful god of globalism.
    it does? I got the exact opposite of it,, it was exposing that globalism is trying to leverage this pandemic and has benefited from (my summary).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (11th April 2020), Richard S. (11th April 2020), Snoweagle (15th April 2020), Tintin (14th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #143
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by norman (here)
    then proceeds to worship at the alter of the ever powerful god of globalism.
    it does? I got the exact opposite of it,, it was exposing that globalism is trying to leverage this pandemic and has benefited from (my summary).
    You could almost say I agree with both of you - lots of truth, but for the wrong reasons. I watched Corbett years ago and stopped for this suspicion besides his having the wrong genetic allegiances, right?

Hopefully we can agree that a required truth movement infiltration tactic is the planting of double agents and there have been many for 20+ years now. Of course there are now names we all know that have risen to the top and been stable.

Who might they be?

Their job is to appear to be 100% on the exposer side, calling out perps and criminality with real facts and telling lots of truth....but actually too much.

Their real function is to accomplish both keeping hitting truthers with an underlying relentless psychological pounding of how powerless you truthers are against big bad enemy, but also to inform truthers of topics to rally against which they then repeat. The truther is duped into thinking he has earned another badge of honor in their rebel community for discovering and sharing revealing truths, but what he's really doing is helping the enemy give mental energy to the coming impositions by repeating/embedding the concepts the enemy wants to condition minds to.

I think this is what Corbett's function has been all along and your two reactions is a prime example of it's twisted nature. One of you said hey, he's calling out the agenda, the other said hey, despite his words he's helping them.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Basho (10th April 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (11th April 2020), norman (10th April 2020), Reinhard (11th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), TargeT (10th April 2020), wondering (11th April 2020)

7. Link to Post #144
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,641 times in 8,117 posts

Quote Posted by waves (here)

I think this is what Corbett's function has been all along and your two reactions is a prime example of it's twisted nature. One of you said hey, he's calling out the agenda, the other said hey, despite his words he's helping them.
    And he's physically squirming with pleasure telling us how screwed we all are ( in a complete avoidance of the case that we are not all screwed ). I could have put up with that as a quirk of his style but combined with an obviously 'politically' malicious selection of strawman cases to launch it with, naa, there's something badly wrong with Corbett's energy.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Basho (10th April 2020), justntime2learn (11th April 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (11th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020), TargeT (10th April 2020), wondering (11th April 2020)

9. Link to Post #145
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,975 times in 20,621 posts

COVID: two vital experiments that have never been done
    Why not? Because they would expose this vicious farce, the criminals perpetuating it, and end the lockdowns.
    by Jon Rappoport
    April 10, 2020
    https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020...ver-been-done/

"The first experiment would confirm or deny the accuracy of the PCR diagnostic test. The experiment would reveal whether this widespread test for COVID-19 can actually predict illness in the real world, in humans, not in the lab.

This experiment has never been done. It should have been done before the PCR was ever permitted to make claims about THE QUANTIY OF VIRUS that is replicating in a patient’s body.

Quantity is vital, because, in order to even begin talking about whether a virus can cause disease, millions and millions of virus must be actively replicating in a patient’s body.

Here is the experiment. Assemble a group of 500 volunteers, some sick, some healthy. Take tissue samples from them, and give the samples to PCR technicians. The technicians will never see or know who the 500 volunteers are.

The techs run these samples through the PCR. For each sample, they report which virus they found, and how much of it they found.

“In patients 34, 57, 83, 165, and 433, we found a great deal of the following disease-causing viruses.”

Now we un-blind those specific patients. By the test results, they should all be sick. Are they? Aren’t they? Then we would know. We would know how accurate and relevant the test is in the real world.

Of course, this is not the end of the experiment. The same samples should have been given to a whole other set of PCR techs to run. Did they come up with the same results the first set of PR techs did?

Several new groups of 500 patients each should be enlisted, and still more sets of lab techs should repeat the experiment, ending up with confirmation or rejection of the initial findings. This is the way the scientific method is supposed to work.

In the absence of this experiment, the quantitative PCR must be looked at as a rogue hypothesis that should never have been foisted on the public. It should never be used as the basis for determining case numbers of any disease.

In the “COVID-19 crisis,” all case numbers derived from the PCR should be thrown out.

The second vital experiment concerns the discovery of a new virus—in this case, COVID-19.

First of all, there is no lab procedure that can climb inside the human body in real time and record the active replication of millions of virus. The closest you can come involves the use of electron microscopy.

Suspecting the existence of a new disease-causing virus, researchers should line up, at the very least, several hundred people who seem to have the new disease. Tissue samples should be taken from them. Using correct steps of centrifuging these samples, specimens of the results should be examined and photographed under the electron microscope.

In every one of the several hundred photos, do the researchers see many identical particles of a virus they’ve never seen before; and do the researchers see that these many particles are the same from photo to photo?

If so, and if more than one group of researchers independently carrying out this procedure on the patients’ tissue samples achieves the same result…then, this is as close as you can come to saying you’ve discovered a new disease-causing virus.

Other researchers with other patients should attempt to replicate the above findings.

This vital experiment has never been done in the case of COVID-19. Not even close. Therefore, researchers can’t make a true claim to have discovered a new disease-causing virus.

In the absence of the two vital experiments I’ve described in this article, all you’re left with, concerning a single “COVID-19” pandemic and a single new cause, are: anecdote, rumor, gossip, conjecture, speculation, bad science, and lies.

Plus the horrendous damage from all the consequences of lockdowns based on those lies.

TURN ON THE ECONOMY."
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Basho (10th April 2020), greybeard (10th April 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (11th April 2020), Luke Holiday (15th April 2020), Patient (10th April 2020), Reinhard (11th April 2020), shaberon (11th April 2020), T Smith (11th April 2020)

11. Link to Post #146
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 times in 308 posts

James Corbett once again explains how via sars-cove 19, new world order will be established through the chinese model. Hold onto your seats folks!

Love peace and joy to all!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gnostic9 For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (11th April 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (11th April 2020), Satori (10th April 2020), Tintin (14th April 2020)

13. Link to Post #147
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 times in 308 posts

Love peace and joy to all!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gnostic9 For This Post:

Hym (12th April 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (11th April 2020), wondering (11th April 2020)

15. Link to Post #148
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,398 times in 1,674 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    I’ve yet to see Covid related deaths in the US being defined as anything but being related to a preexisting underlying health condition.

Now where I have seen the traffic accident scenario used, and used quite often, is in deaths attributed to any given hurricane. Such as, man falls off ladder and is killed while boarding up his second story windows with plywood.

Even here though, falling off the ladder can arguably be categorized into the overall storm death tally, as the man likely would never had been boarding up his windows had it not been for the hurricane in the first place.
    What about the man who lived alone, whose motives are unknown, who is found dead on the ground, next to a ladder, the day following a hurricane?

Here are the facts:

1. We know there was a hurricane
    2. We know there is a man dead next to a ladder.
    3. We know facts 1 are 2 and concurrent.

The facts suggest, but don't prove, the man's death is directly linked to the hurricane. It appears he was boarding up his windows and fell off the latter (or did he fall off the latter removing the plywood after the storm? Or did he just keel over of a heart attack next to his ladder? Or was he just washing his windows?

The question is, is his death the result of the hurricane? And where do we draw the line?

It seems to me that we can't make that determination for sure without knowing the facts. But we could grossly, albeit plausibly, inflate the number of deaths due to the hurricane given an agenda and any number of scenarios. Taking this further, the whole RT-PCR testing methodology is somewhat analogous to saying anyone with a ladder and plywood in their garage would test positive for boarding up windows during a hurricane, and anyone dying of a head injury consistent with a fall from a ladder, either a day before or a day after a hurricane, must be attributed to the hurricane.

I don't take too much issue with deaths attributed to COVID-19 in cases where the patient with an underlying condition tested positive (let's assume for sake of this example that RT-PCR testing is a fairly accurate indicator of SARS CoV-2 and COVID-19); that is to say we might know for sure the man was boarding up the windows because he telephoned a neighbor in advance to borrow a hammer and informed him exactly when and how and what he was doing). If the man is found dead next to a ladder given these circumstances we might safely infer his death is directly linked to the storm.

What does seem suspect to me, however, is when doctors/hospitals attribute deaths to COVID-19 in cases where they did not establish any conclusive link to COVID-19, e.g., where the patient had not tested positive or negative for SARS CoV-2, but only exhibited symptoms of COVID-19. In these instances, all deaths due to pneumonia, flu, and other respiratory complications are falsely being attributed to COVID-19. Some of these deaths may be because of the virus, some may not.

The only thing we know for sure is, all are attributing to the hysteria.

EDIT: The above example assumes the cause of death for untested patients, but complicates further in the deaths of those who have tested positive for COVID-19 per RT-PCR technology. In the example above we assume a positive test as the causal agent of disease. A positive result, however, does not conclusively prove the presence of SARS CoV-2 or a causal relationship with disease, be it COVID-19 or other. So a significant number of false-positive deaths are also being attributed to COVID-19.
    Last edited by T Smith; 11th April 2020 at 06:20.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

ClearWater (11th April 2020), Gracy (11th April 2020), greybeard (11th April 2020), Hym (12th April 2020), Luke Holiday (14th April 2020), shaberon (11th April 2020)

17. Link to Post #149
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    I don't take too much issue with deaths attributed to COVID-19 in cases where the patient with an underlying condition tested positive (let's assume for sake of this example that RT-PCR testing is a fairly accurate indicator of SARS CoV-2 and COVID-19); that is to say we might know for sure the man was boarding up the windows because he telephoned a neighbor in advance to borrow a hammer and informed him exactly when and how and what he was doing). If the man is found dead next to a ladder given these circumstances we might safely infer his death is directly linked to the storm.

What does seem suspect to me, however, is when doctors/hospitals attribute deaths to COVID-19 in cases where they did not establish any conclusive link to COVID-19, e.g., where the patient had not tested positive or negative for SARS CoV-2, but only exhibited symptoms of COVID-19. In these instances, all deaths due to pneumonia, flu, and other respiratory complications are falsely being attributed to COVID-19. Some of these deaths may be because of the virus, some may not.
    Well, I've gone about as far with that as my *extremely* limited knowledge on the subject can take me on that one. Definitely not my wheelhouse . This kind of reminds me of those devastating wildfires out in California a couple years ago, and all the conjecture and supposed evidence swirling about were they natural, or caused by some kind of energy weapon or whatever else was being argued at the time.

Bottom line for me has to boil down to, I just don't know. At the time I would love to have known someone who is a veteran firefighter to consult on those matters, someone who knows fire the way I know how to make scrambled eggs.

The same holds true now. I would love to know someone who's an experience doctor working at a hospital during this time. "What's going on there in your opinion, is it mostly on the up and up or is something else maybe going on?"

Now back to layman's conjecture. I had a conversation with a good friend back when all this was just ramping up, and my take was that without proper testing, the numbers could easily be inflated in favor of Covid 19. My friend's view went the other way, that many Covid deaths could also be easily lost in the weeds and chalked up to flu, pneumonia, or natural causes.

Without many facts at hand, I reckon one's predisposed point of view factors in a LOT in matters like these.

I also reckon its very possible, more than likely probable, that the criteria for how death certificates are being filled out for this is being handled differently state by state, even county by county.

18. Link to Post #150
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,480 times in 2,545 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Well, I've gone about as far with that as my *extremely* limited knowledge on the subject can take me on that one.
    Yep, me too. How I tend to lean these days (after years of observing the trend growing) is to believe that most MSM ideas heavily promoted run directly counter to common (and innate) sense.
    "The sun is bad for us. Fear the light!"
    "High Fructose Corn Syrup is healthy, being made of nice natural corn"
    "Viruses are evil. Fear them!"
    "Oh no - salt is evil. Cut it totally out!"
    "STATISTICS" (in general. so manipulated!)
    etc. etc. etc.

I used to love comic books, and especially Bizarro World. Who would have suspected that Bizarro World was predictive programming? LOL
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

19. Link to Post #151
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 times in 461 posts

I have noticed some frustration/confusion regarding the findings of Dr. Kaufman as it relates to exosomes and the germ theory of disease causation. My chosen field of study has forced me to contemplate and come to a position of resolution regarding the terrain vs Germ theory of disease which I would like share on this forum.

I am hoping this thread will provide clarity, discussion, and critique of the ideas presented. The Debate of disease genesis stemming from: either outside the body in the form of a pathogenic germ or does it actually pleomorph into the virus, bacterial and fungi associated with disease inside the body. The aforementioned longstanding debate is foundational in understanding the difference between allopathic and Naturopathic Medicine. The confusion has recently been brought to the alternative media forefront in the repackaged debate of exosome vs COVID 19.

I was forced to look extensively at the science behind both sides and am convinced that this debate is not an either/or situation: rather it is a both/and.

In others words, the harbingers of physical dis-ease, known as virus, bacteria and fungi can be produced inside the body and can enter from outside the body in the form of a contagion.

In the form of contagion from outside the body causing dz: tools like Koch’s postulates have proven this to be true with many pathogens (Ex. Bacterial Meningitis)

In the form of disease harbingers created inside the body, we have the work of Beauchamp, Enderlein, Rife, the science of Dark field Microscopy and more recently Dr. Kaufman, Dr Cuwan, who have brought to light the exosome through electron microcroscopy, and collectively they have also proven this to be true

The aforementioned pioneers and current MD's have proven that the entities labeled as pathogen can be created inside the body when the terrain or internal millieu dictates the need.

The reason the body creates these organisms’s is to remove dross, waste, debris or other pathogens. Common examples of this seen routinely:

1 Step throat, Streptococci bacteria are in the throat all the time, it is merely a matter of degree which causes symptoms. The same with C. difficile overgrowth in the large intestine leading to severe/chronic diarrhea.

Therefore: The main key which determines illness on the physical level is the inner terrain or milieu. If you have an excess of inner toxicity, resonant mental/emotional patterning, and coordinate level of constitutional energy, you have the breeding grounds to either succumb to outside contagion or develop the entities known as Virus, bacteria or fungi from inside the body in order to remove dross. A third possibility is for both to occur simultaneously.

Naturopathy chooses not to treat dis-ease based on diagnostic labels, rather we focus predominately on optimizing the mind, body and spiritual terrain to treat a presenting symptom complex.

Once the inner milieu has been “cleaned up” the body is exquisite in it's ability to heal itself. Also by cleaning up the inner milieu the physical causes of the disease are removed (similar to removing weeds from a garden) and the chances of getting sick again are greatly reduced. (Gerson therapy and cancer for Cancer)

If I could sum up all disease in one word it would be: Mind, Body Spirit system toxicity.

In conclusion: How does all this all relate to the testing for CV 19.

1. One possibility is that the CV 19 strain has been isolated outside of the body and happens to look just like the released cellular exosome under electron microscope when inside the body.

2. CV 19 can enter the body from the outside and If ones has the resonant MBSS terrain illness results.

3. When MBSS’s’ are subjected to the new 5 G electromagnetic frequency: the cellular response is a detox mechanism done in attempt to adjust – resulting in the release of exosomes

4. How do we reconcile:

a. Demand that the rollout of 5 G be stopped until it can be proven safe.

b. In order for any information relating to testing, mortality rates and cases numbers , to have any validity the medical science community needs to come up with a reliable test for Covid 19.

c. If healthy, resist the current test (vaccine ramifications)

5. What can people do to protect themselves:

a. Improve their MBSS’s to the utmost that they are capable of.

Blessings

be well

Luke

What do you think? any comments, critique, etc....
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 14th April 2020 at 16:52.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

ClearWater (14th April 2020), Constance (14th April 2020), DaveToo (14th April 2020), Hym (17th April 2020), Sadieblue (14th April 2020)

21. Link to Post #152
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 times in 787 posts

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Constance (14th April 2020), DaveToo (15th April 2020), Hym (17th April 2020), Luke Holiday (14th April 2020), Sadieblue (14th April 2020)

23. Link to Post #153
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

Can you tell me why David is wrong? Short conclusion?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

ClearWater (14th April 2020), Constance (14th April 2020), Luke Holiday (14th April 2020)

25. Link to Post #154
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,349 times in 5,392 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Dont trust any of it...

This video nails it IMO... just a control move

This maybe the wrong thread... so many CORVID-19 threads... haha
    No, definitely the right thread (I need to watch this too, so, thanks for sharing it )
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Hym (17th April 2020)

27. Link to Post #155
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

The TRUTH about this madness | Dr. Bruce Lipton
    "They want to say that is something other than what it is""

►Special thanks to Dr. Bruce Lipton.

WATCH THE FULL EPISODE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyijH...
    Website - https://www.brucelipton.com
    YT - https://www.youtube.com/user/biologyo...

**Read Dr Bruce Lipton's Bestseller Book**
    The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles - https://amzn.to/2UPPKPf

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Hym (17th April 2020)

29. Link to Post #156
    Language
    English
    Thanks

For anybody based in the United Kingdom who is following this carefully, and is interested in undertaking any statistical analysis of their own, here are a couple of statistical resources that may help:

1/ There are 1257 NHS and/or affiliated hospitals in the UK: https://www.interweavetextiles.com/h...-hospitals-uk/ (this company provides materials to the NHS so would have to know this for provision of materials. Presumably all these hospitals will have an ICU with varying degrees of capacity.)

2/ Source: https://www.mha.org.uk/news/policy-i...g/facts-stats/ - do read their statement published on their site as well. MHA are only one of a number of Care Home providers.

"Approximately 416,000 people live in care homes (Laing and Buisson survey 2016). This is 4% of the population aged 65 years and over, rising to 16% of those aged 85 or more."

Further, the Office for National Statistics site with population maps estimated from census and local authority data 2018/2019, here: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...orthernireland

Happy calculating
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

ClearWater (14th April 2020), greybeard (14th April 2020), justntime2learn (14th April 2020), silvanelf (14th April 2020)

31. Link to Post #157
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    For anybody based in the United Kingdom who is following this carefully, and is interested in undertaking any statistical analysis of their own, here are a couple of statistical resources that may help:

1/ There are 1257 NHS and/or affiliated hospitals in the UK: https://www.interweavetextiles.com/h...-hospitals-uk/ (this company provides materials to the NHS so would have to know this for provision of materials. Presumably all these hospitals will have an ICU with varying degrees of capacity.)

2/ Source: https://www.mha.org.uk/news/policy-i...g/facts-stats/ - do read their statement published on their site as well. MHA are only one of a number of Care Home providers.

"Approximately 416,000 people live in care homes (Laing and Buisson survey 2016). This is 4% of the population aged 65 years and over, rising to 16% of those aged 85 or more."

Further, the Office for National Statistics site with population maps estimated from census and local authority data 2018/2019, here: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...orthernireland

Happy calculating
    Yes but Tintin -- trying to get a simple answer to the question. Which are the top ten causes of death in the UK?

Will get this kind of answer.
    Heart disease remains the UK's biggest killer, even though deaths have almost halved in a decade, data shows. A new study from Imperial College London found the death rate from heart disease fell dramatically between 2005 and 2015, from 80 deaths per 100,000 people to 46 per 100,000.5 Jun 2019

No list no percentages -- its just not easy to get an answer.
    Why is it difficult?
    I dont know.
    Anyway Heart Disease kills far more than any virus including the current one.
    If anyone can get a simple chart and post it here that would be a great thing.
    In order to quantify exactly how dangerous this virus is compared to other causes a chart is needed.
    On what I have found so far suicide is actually a massive cause of death in the 35 -50 age group particularly males -- so mass unemployment on the horizon -- guess what that will do to the rate of suicides.
    It could possibly dwarf the number of deaths attribute to this virus.

Thanks anyway
    Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 14th April 2020 at 13:24.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Tintin (14th April 2020), wondering (15th April 2020)

33. Link to Post #158
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What are the leading causes of death in the US?

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929

Heart disease
    Cancer
    Unintentional injuries
    Chronic lower respiratory disease
    Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases
    Alzheimer's disease
    Diabetes
    Influenza and pneumonia
    Kidney disease
    Suicide

Please notice that influenzq and pneumonaia are well down the list.
    I dont have a current number of thaose dying from thre current virus but it is most likly far lower than these top ten killers.
    Chris

Around 74% of all deaths in the United States occur as a result of 10 causes. Over the past 5 years, the main causes of death in the U.S. have remained fairly consistent.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were 2,813,503 registered deaths in the United States in 2017.

The age-adjusted death rate, which accounts for the aging population, is 731.9 deaths per 100,000 people in the U.S. This is an increase of 0.4% over 2016’s death rate.

However, the CDC advise that using age-adjusted rates is inaccurate for ranking causes of death.

All figures and percentages provided here come from the most recent data from the CDC, collected in 2017.

In this article, we expand on each of the leading causes of death and provide links to more detailed information on each condition. We also rank the causes according to the number of deaths per condition and their percentage share of the overall registered death count in the U.S.
    1. Heart disease
    Many of the top 10 causes of death are preventable through lifestyle changes and regular checkups.

Deaths in 2017: 647,457
    Percentage of total deaths: 23.5%

Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. This is the case in the U.S. and worldwide. More than half of all people who die due to heart disease are men.

Medical professionals use the term heart disease to describe several conditions. Many of these conditions relate to the buildup of plaque in the walls of the arteries.

As the plaque develops, the arteries narrow. This makes it difficult for blood to flow around the body and increases the risk of heart attack or stroke. It can also give rise to angina, arrythmias, and heart failure.

To reduce the risk of dying from heart disease, a person can protect their heart health by adopting a healthful diet and getting regular exercise.

Being able to recognize the symptoms of a heart attack can also help people get prompt medical treatment and potentially save their lives.

In this article, learn more about the symptoms of heart disease and how to prevent it.

2. Cancer

Deaths in 2017: 599,108
    Percentage of total deaths: 21.3%

Cancer occurs when cells do not die at the normal point in their life cycle. If a person’s body cannot control the spread of these cells, they can interfere with essential, life-sustaining systems and possibly lead to death.

Everyone has some degree of risk, but for most cancers, the risk will increase with age. Some people have a higher or lower risk due to differences in exposure to carcinogens, such as from smoking or exposure to chemical pollutants. Genetic factors also play a strong role in cancer’s development.

Race and sex also play a role in a person’s risk of developing cancer, depending on the type. That said, lung cancer causes more deaths than any other cancer in both men and women.

However, researchers are always taking steps to advance cancer treatment. In fact, the death rate from all cancers in the U.S. has dropped by 26% since 1991.
    Estimated cancer-related deaths for 2019

The American Cancer Society estimate how many people will die from certain types of cancer in 2019.

According to them, the leading causes of death from cancer for males will be:

Lung and bronchus cancer: 76,650 deaths
    Prostate cancer: 31,620 deaths
    Colorectal cancer: 27,640 deaths

The leading causes of death from cancer for females will be:

Lung and bronchus cancer: 66,020 deaths
    Breast cancer: 41,760 deaths
    Colorectal cancer: 23,380 deaths

To learn more about cancer, click here.
    3. Unintentional injuries

Deaths in 2017: 169,936
    Percentage of total deaths: 6%

Accidents, or unintentional injuries, are the 4th leading cause of death in the U.S. overall, and the leading cause of death for those aged 1–44.
    Possible prevention measures

Accidents are unintentional and usually unavoidable. However, there are many ways to reduce the risk of accidental injury and death.

Some key components of accident prevention include focusing on road and workplace safety, such as using a seatbelt and never driving or operating heavy machinery while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
    4. Chronic lower respiratory disease

Deaths in 2017: 160,201
    Percentage of total deaths: 5.7%

Chronic lower respiratory disease refers to a group of lung conditions that block the airflow and cause breathing-related issues. These diseases include:

chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
    bronchitis
    emphysema
    asthma

Smoking drastically increases a person’s risk of developing these conditions.

In this article, learn more about what smoking does to the body, as well as the benefits of quitting.

Learn more about COPD here.
    Medical News Today Newsletter
    Stay in the know. Get our free daily newsletter

Expect in-depth, science-backed toplines of our best stories every day. Tap in and keep your curiosity satisfied.

Your privacy is important to us
    5. Stroke and cerebrovascular diseases
    Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the U.S.

Deaths in 2017: 146,383
    Percentage of total deaths: 5.2%

Cerebrovascular diseases develop due to problems with the blood vessels that supply the brain.

Four of the most common cerebrovascular diseases are:

stroke
    transient ischemic attack, or mini stroke
    subarachnoid hemorrhage
    vascular dementia

Every year, more than 795,000 people in the U.S. have a stroke. The risk of stroke varies with race, ethnicity, and age.

The highest death rates from stroke in the U.S. occur in the Southeast.

In this article, learn about stroke, including how to prevent it.
    6. Alzheimer’s disease

Deaths in 2017: 121,404
    Percentage of total deaths: 4.3%

Dementia refers to a group of conditions that cause a decline in cognitive function. This affects a person’s ability to perform everyday activities.

Damage to the nerve cells in the brain causes dementia. As a result of the damage, neurons can no longer function normally and may die. This, in turn, can lead to changes in memory, behavior, and the ability to think clearly.

Alzheimer’s disease is just one type of dementia. Another type, called vascular dementia, can cause similar symptoms but instead results from changes to blood flow to the brain.

For people with Alzheimer’s disease, neuron damage and death eventually impair their ability to perform essential actions, such as walking and swallowing.

People in the final stages of this condition may not be able to leave their bed and may require around the clock care. Alzheimer’s is ultimately fatal.

In the U.S., an estimated 5.8 million people currently have Alzheimer’s disease, according to the Alzheimer’s Association. This figure may rise to 14 million people by 2050 as life expectancy continues to increase.

Alzheimer’s is also the only cause of death in the top 10 that medical experts cannot cure, prevent, or slow down.

In this article, learn more about Alzheimer’s disease.
    7. Diabetes

Deaths in 2017: 83,564
    Percentage of total deaths: 3%

Diabetes is a condition wherein the body can no longer control blood glucose, which leads to dangerously high levels of blood glucose. This is called hyperglycemia.

Persistent hyperglycemia can damage the body’s tissues, including those in the nerves, blood vessels, and eyes.

The body converts most of the food people eat into glucose, a simple sugar, which it can then use for energy. The pancreas, an organ near the stomach, makes a hormone called insulin to move glucose from the bloodstream into the cells.

There are two main types of diabetes: type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes.

The bodies of people with type 1 diabetes do not produce insulin at all, so these people need to supplement their supply. The bodies of people with type 2 diabetes cannot use insulin effectively.

However, it is possible to control the risk of type 2 diabetes with careful dietary management and regular exercise.

Diabetes can cause serious health complications, including heart disease, blindness, kidney failure, and the need for amputation of the lower extremities.

Learn more about diabetes, including some of the treatment options, here.
    8. Influenza and pneumonia

Deaths in 2017: 55,672
    Percentage of total deaths: 2%

Influenza, or flu, is a highly contagious viral infection. It is one of the most severe illnesses of the winter season.

Flu spreads easily from person to person, usually when someone who carries the virus coughs or sneezes.

A person can have the flu more than once, as many different strains of the virus can cause infection. They may belong to one of three different influenza families: A, B or C.

Type A viruses tend to affect adults more severely, while type B viruses most often cause health problems in children. Type C viruses are fairly uncommon.

Pneumonia, a serious condition that causes inflammation of the lungs, can cause complications in people who have the flu.

Pneumonia causes the air sacs in the lungs to fill with pus and other fluids, preventing oxygen from reaching the bloodstream. If there is too little oxygen in the blood, the body’s cells cannot function. This can be fatal.
    9. Kidney disease

Deaths in 2017: 50,633
    Percentage of total deaths: 1.8%

People over 60 years of age have a high risk of kidney disease.

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis are all conditions that affect the kidneys.

Chronic kidney disease (CKD) causes kidney damage. Damaged kidneys cannot filter blood as well as healthy kidneys. As a result of this, waste from the blood remains in the body and may lead to other health problems.

Around 30 million people in the U.S. may have CKD to some degree. Being over 60 years old increases the risk of CKD, as does having a family history of it. High blood pressure and diabetes are most likely to cause the CKD.

CKD develops in stages, and it does not usually cause symptoms until its most advanced stage. So, undergoing regular screenings can help reduce a person’s risk of dying from kidney disease.

In this article, learn more about CKD.
    10. Suicide

Deaths in 2017: 47,173

When a person dies by suicide, they may have lived with a mental health condition — such as depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder — for a long time.

However, not all people who attempt suicide or die by it have these conditions.

Suicide is the second-leading cause of death among people aged 10-34 years.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (15th April 2020), Luke Holiday (14th April 2020), wondering (15th April 2020)

35. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

New plans for recording UK care home deaths
    The UK has been releasing daily coronavirus death tolls, but the figures have been hospital deaths only - they have not included deaths at people's houses or in care homes.

New figures from the Office of National Statistics published on Tuesday provide more information on deaths in care homes, but they are about two weeks out of date. That's because they rely on death certificates, which take a while to process.

Health officials are now trying to find ways to provide more up-to-date information from care homes.

From later this week, deaths that are suspected or confirmed to involve Covid-19 will be recorded daily, England's care regulator has said.

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) says these new figures should provide a "clearer picture of deaths" and highlight worst-hit regions.

The CQC says it will work with the ONS and Public Health England.

It is currently unclear whether these figures will be released publicly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52275989
    Last edited by Tintin; 14th April 2020 at 13:59. Reason: Made title bold for easier reading
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (15th April 2020), greybeard (14th April 2020), justntime2learn (14th April 2020), silvanelf (14th April 2020), Tintin (14th April 2020), wondering (15th April 2020)

37. Link to Post #160
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Quote Posted by Tintin (here)

Happy calculating
    Which are the top ten causes of death in the UK?

Will get this kind of answer.
    Heart disease remains the UK's biggest killer, even though deaths have almost halved in a decade, data shows. A new study [from 2019] from Imperial College London found the death rate from heart disease fell dramatically between 2005 and 2015, from 80 deaths per 100,000 people to 46 per 100,000.5 Jun 2019

No list no percentages -- its just not easy to get an answer.
    Hi Chris

I've linked to the Imperial study you cited. I haven't been following this thread that closely so was unaware that you'd asked that question at all.

Of course, the links I've provided are simply a tool for others to do some of their own work . More transparency about causes of death across the board do need to be available so we can get a better picture and can appear frustratingly difficult to come by. Note that we will not know until maybe a year from now the overall figures across the board for winter 2019 - early 2020.

Some other helpful resources available, here, and some more likely other causes that would require some kind of medical intervention or possible hospitalisation that might be classified as a 'Top Ten' candidate:
    Road traffic accidents UK 2019 - information available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...ety-statistics

Pneumonia statistics UK British Lung Foundation - includes mortalities. Good detail on methodolgy here too, although data goes up to 2012, but may be a consistent trend year-on-year: https://statistics.blf.org.uk/pneumonia

Deaths from respiratory illnesses - information from NHS Digital with a publication date of March 2019: https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-info...atory-diseases

Example of a FOIA request re vaccine damage:

Request -
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...age_statistics
    Response - https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...%20v2.pdf.html
    That's only taken me about half an hour to source, and there'll be other mortalities to include eg Alzheimer's Disease (dementia, and vascular dementia and other mental health conditions), stroke, substance misuse (to include but not limited to alcoholism). This is just off the top of my head - there will be other well known causes perhaps not shown here.

Hope some of these help.

I'm afraid any folks wanting to know this type of information are not going to necessarily have it handed to them on a plate. Some work is necessarily involved

Those of you interested in digging a little further are going to have to dust off those calculators and work those excel spreadsheets
    Last edited by Tintin; 14th April 2020 at 13:56.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

ClearWater (14th April 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (15th April 2020), greybeard (14th April 2020), Luke Holiday (14th April 2020), silvanelf (14th April 2020), wondering (15th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 1 8 18 31 LastLast