+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1 5 15 55 69 LastLast

Thread: A World Pushing Back Against CV19 Lockdown: The Protests, The Revolts, The Non-Compliance

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,572 times in 32,727 posts

Default Re: A World Pushing Back Against CV19 Lockdown: The Protests, The Revolts, The Non-Compliance

Quote Posted by lloyds (here)
    Quote Posted by ahamkara (here)
    When people begin calling others "imbeciles", I realize they are coming from an emotionally programed space, not dealing with critical thinking and respectful discourse. Avalon has been an oasis in a sea of emotional hyperbole. I hope it remains a sanctuary for those us seeking the truth who understand we come from many perspectives. Peace.
    No, no emotional programed space. Just facts. A governor or state official using the professional data they are given by field experts and then implementing a legal course of action to protect the health and well being of the people they represent. If to you, this sounds like what the nazi's did. You are by definition, an imbecile.
    Mod note from Bill:

The best response to this unnecessarily antagonistic and unpleasant post is the post to which it was a reply.
    When people begin calling others "imbeciles", I realize they are coming from an emotionally programed space, not dealing with critical thinking and respectful discourse. Avalon has been an oasis in a sea of emotional hyperbole. I hope it remains a sanctuary for those us seeking the truth who understand we come from many perspectives. Peace.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

justntime2learn (22nd April 2020), kudzy (22nd April 2020), T Smith (23rd April 2020), Tintin (22nd April 2020), Yoda (22nd April 2020)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks

Default Re: A World Pushing Back Against CV19 Lockdown: The Protests, The Revolts, The Non-Compliance

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    No, no emotional programed space. Just facts. A governor or state official using the professional data they are given by field experts and then implementing a legal course of action to protect the health and well being of the people they represent. If to you, this sounds like what the nazi's did. You are by definition, an imbecile.
    Mod note from Bill:

The best response to this unnecessarily antagonistic and unpleasant post is the post to which it was a reply.
    Bill, do you think governments putting in place protective measures to the best of their abilities to protect the weak and vonerable is akin to Nazi behaviour?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lloyds For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd April 2020)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

Ran across this interesting video. My question is was it altered or is this for real?
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

Franny (23rd April 2020), Tomkoyote (22nd April 2020)

7. Link to Post #84
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    Quote Posted by prc (here)
    I would like to disagree with the views from this thread that claims that coronavirus is a HOAX or it is like a FLU because I have already counted 7 people from my personal contact that have died from Covid-19 and this number is only rising here. I cannot recall in previous years to have lost 7 people from my network from Influenza, H1N1 or FLU. So FOLKS, This is not an ordinary FLU and no one here on this thread is able to determine if you contract coronavirus you will be assymptomatic, you will need Hospital or even if you will die in a few days.

Coronavirus is not spreaded by 5G MASTS like DAVID ICKE claimed as well because in Brazil There is no single 5G MAST installed since the Government has not auctioned yet the frequencies to be used by 5G Technology here.

So go on the streets at your own risk and due to your own Ignorance.

Whether coronavirus was launched to destroy the economy is open for debate and will be only clear in the post world after the lockdown and the virus pandemic is over. , but you can always recover the economy, but you cannot rise from the dead a person that died from Coronavirus. So in my opinion Health is more important than economy.

In Brazil the government measures to deal with coronavirus pandemic are: Monthly payment for 3 months for self- employed people that lost income. Help to micro, small and medium business total amount of help around R$400 billion reais. Central Bank will buy enterprise bonds. Help to rescue Medium Banks to avoid bankrupcy and financial system risk.
    Your post sums up the situation--the imbroglio--humanity is currently enduring. There are a lot of known knowns; there are a lot of known unknowns. Here's what we know:
    • Something is making people sick; some people are dying because of it. Or maybe not because of it
    • There is disease in our world; people are sickly and unwell; the environment is laden with toxins and people die all the time
    • Maybe more people are dying of COVID-19 (whatever it is) than they are of other seasonal illnesses, e.g, the flu, pneumonia, etc. But maybe not
    • Maybe this is a real pandemic; maybe not
    • Maybe SARS CoV-2 is causing people to get COVID-19 and die and maybe the crisis could collapse our health care system; but maybe not (a lot of empty hospital beds and unused ventilators in NYC)
    • Maybe a bioweapon is causing the sickness; but maybe not
    • Regardless how many people are getting sick or dying and from what, regardless of what may be or may not be, our leaders and technocrats are lying about it, covering up the truth, hyping it, inflating the number of cases and deaths, peddling fear, suppressing and banning cures and solutions, and employing propaganda (and even encouraging the spread of pandemic), whether real or promulgated, so to enact draconian measures to corral the people to advance an agenda, among other things we know not what (Of all the ambivalence above, of all we know or don't know about SARS CoV-2 and COVID-19, these observations in this one bullet point--if nothing more--we are 100% sure of)

The question is, whatever is happening in our world right now, what can we do about it? Stay locked in our rooms forever or until society devolves to the hunger-games (or worse), whatever comes first? Because we are so afraid some of us might get sick or a very small number of us may die? In my view whether it's a hoax or not is truly irrelevant to the broader issue; the manner by which authoritarians and technocrats are managing the crisis, the solutions they are imposing on society, and the world they are fashioning for us on the "other side of this" pandemic (wherever that is) are 100% clear. The truth is, the way this narrative is playing out there is no "other side" of this crisis. By submitting to the narrative we are agreeing to enter a world of perpetual lockdown, in some form or another, from which there is no return. That is not because I believe the virus will stay with us forever (even though we are being subtly conditioned to accept this notion) or because I don't think we can reach herd immunity, but because that's the agenda driving the narrative.

Regardless what's going on with SARS CoV-2, be it a bioweapon, a hoax, or genuine pandemic that risks the collapse of our health care resources, the agenda driving the narrative is clearest damn thing about this entire situation.

The problem, then, I have with folks who subscribe to the measures we are taking for our collective safety isn't an issue of what's more important between our safety or the economy, it's an issue of the broader picture. I have to respectfully disagree with the assumption many who advocate for safety are making. That is, many assume at some point after we have all been "good citizens" for the sake of defeating the virus that we will suddenly move back into a "post world after lockdown when the virus pandemic is over."

Given the current trajectory of this narrative, I can see no post world that resembles anything like our pre-COVID-19 world. Do you really believe the PTB are ever going to let us out of the pen once whatever this is passes?
    This post got me thinking, and I'm not sure it exactly belongs on this thread, but I don't know where else to put it, so here goes:

I think you make a lot of good points here, but I disagree about the agenda being clear. I was thinking about that--you got me thinking, T Smith, but this isn't directed specifically at you.

It does not look clear at all to me. (Disclaimer: I've been reading mostly US and specifically GA news, so this is the viewpoint I'm coming from.) If the agenda is to sow chaos, maybe. But if it's about control, I don't see it.

What I see is that the federal government is filled with the most selfish, power-hungry *psychopaths. The only agenda they're driven by is their own individual agenda, which makes a national or global agenda impossible. This is displayed by total ineptness, willful ignorance, inability to empathize, and inability to actually accomplish anything. You're more likely to get a reasoned individual at the state level, but that's not a guarantee.

Shut-downs and such are being accomplished more at a state level than at the national level. You have states like Michigan, where the governor seems to be intent on controlling everything. (I know it's a bit old and has been lifted, but banning the sale of seeds?! WTH?!) And then you have states like mine, Georgia, where the governor seems to be doing nothing but what's being whispered in his ear. My opinion, yes, but he really seems to be simply parroting someone rather than thinking for himself.

Our government has arrived at a place where they are more insistent on winning against the opposite party than they are actually doing anything meaningful. The sole exception is when it hits their pocketbook. So you have massive agreement on bailing out the stock market and huge corporations--where their money is--but anything else is subjected to their "how can I personally profit" attitude.

We need push-back to bring some common sense back to D.C. and some states. But we need to be mindful of our own over-all attitude. We must bear some responsibility for putting the idiots in D.C. As much as I'd like some other force to come along and solve that problem, be it a virus or aliens or whatever, we are going to have to solve our own problems. So I'm in support of a lot of the protests.

However, we need to be careful in doing so that we don't become like what we're protesting. Everyone deserves having their basic security needs met. That should be part of the benefit of living in a society (not on a deserted island). People should not have to choose between basic security needs and spreading/catching a lethal virus.

The answer is not to pull the pendulum all the way to other side into anarchy. I think some people seem to think that we need no rules at all (not necessarily here on PA, although sometimes I wonder, but I do see it in other places). I don't think we as a country have arrived at that level, in spite of being the so-called leaders of the free world.

We need to pull the pendulum UP, into a higher level, not swing it back to the opposite direction. I'm not sure how to get there, but whatever path that is, it isn't going to come without pushing back.

I'd like to see the push-back come at a higher level (energetically speaking). Stop fussing over wearing masks and just wear them already. That's putting other people's health above your own at minimal cost to you. That's pulling the pendulum above the current swing, in other words, rising above the situation.

Push back against banning seed sales. Push back against closing small businesses when the very nature of those business can easily be adapted to help fight against viral spread. Push back against those refusing to help others less fortunate than them, especially when they're capable of helping without sacrificing their security.

I'm looking at the heads of large corporations, the multi-millionaires that can afford to skimp a bit to help others, the greedy people who would rather hoard for themselves without thought to others.

Pushing back out of arrogance or selfishness or fear is only going to bring more of the same.

--------
    ETA: meant to add this in:
    *psychopath - "a person having an egocentric and antisocial personality marked by a lack of remorse for one's actions, an absence of empathy for others, and often criminal tendencies" from Merriam-Webster
    Last edited by Sarah Rainsong; 22nd April 2020 at 14:38.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd April 2020), Ben (24th April 2020), Delight (22nd April 2020), Franny (23rd April 2020), kfm27917 (22nd April 2020), Patient (22nd April 2020), T Smith (23rd April 2020), Tinman (27th April 2020)

9. Link to Post #85
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,222 times in 2,093 posts

Mod note from Bill:

Bill, do you think governments putting in place protective measures to the best of their abilities to protect the weak and vonerable is akin to Nazi behaviour?
    I believe that the person in the video was implying that the current situation could evolve to something similar to what was experienced in WW2 - not that we are already there.

The stress of the pandemic and all of the media work around it certainly has done a good job of spreading fear, anger, paranoia and anxiety. We need to do better here where so many people come looking for information and help.

Everyone, relax your shoulders and breathe.

10. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

Mod note from Bill:

Bill, do you think governments putting in place protective measures to the best of their abilities to protect the weak and vulnerable is akin to Nazi behaviour?
    A genuine thanks for the question, which I do appreciate.

I strongly believe the virus is being USED as a justification for Fascism Lite.

It's pretty clever, the way all this is being done. For sure, it's being orchestrated by some supranational entity.

Not the WHO — they're not bright, competent or aware enough. The WHO is just someone's PR platform, and not even a very convincing one. (In fact, their comedy of errors has been lamentable.)

My very strong guess is that the source of the avalanche of controls worldwide is the same source as whoever released the virus, or expedited the release of the virus. And I strongly suspect that was a deep black US-based agency.

The confusing (and distracting!) issue for many is that the virus is real, and occasionally dangerous to some — even totally healthy young people, like US navy sailors, for example. Some members of the Avalon community have it, or have had it. It's absolutely no fun, and it's not the flu.

But the measures being taken against it are way over the top, in many cases. It's pretty easy to see many examples. The danger is the thin end of the wedge of frog-in-the-pot creeping authoritarianism (as David Icke calls it, the Totalitarian Tiptoe), Pavlov's-dog-conditioning citizens to gradually accept more and more (a) restrictions on freedom, and (b) surveillance, censorship and other forms of control.

Just like a slow-motion 9/11. No more terrorists blowing up buildings in the US (or anywhere else), but you still have TSA screening, no-fly lists, and you can't take toothpaste in your carry-on luggage because you could [somehow!] blow up the plane with it.

That's unlikely ever to be walked back. And that's global, too, even in the very many countries which have never known a terrorist incident. This is the playbook, and what we're seeing now is another page of it. (Maybe a whole new chapter.)

The NWO isn't quite with us yet, but this is one step closer. For that reason alone, what's happening is very very dangerous.

If I were in the US, I'd be protesting against the lockdowns. For sure. But here in Ecuador where I live, my personal situation is very unusual (for which I feel consciously blessed). I live in a remote area, I'm surrounded by wilderness, and I can walk out my front door and hike for miles (as I did yesterday) and not see a single person.

So almost nothing has changed for me. I have to wear a mask to go to the supermarket in the nearest city, 20 miles away, or they'd not let me through the door. But that's really no biggie.

Much more amusing (and a caricature of some of the insanity) is that I was pulled over by the police last week and told to wear my mask... in my car. Go figure!
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 22nd April 2020 at 14:57.

11. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (23rd April 2020), alexius (22nd April 2020), AutumnW (22nd April 2020), Basho (22nd April 2020), Ben (24th April 2020), Czarek (22nd April 2020), Franny (23rd April 2020), gini (22nd April 2020), Hermoor (22nd April 2020), Holly Lindin (24th April 2020), Hym (22nd April 2020), justntime2learn (22nd April 2020), kudzy (22nd April 2020), leavesoftrees (23rd April 2020), onawah (22nd April 2020), palehorse (27th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (22nd April 2020), sllim11 (23rd April 2020), T Smith (23rd April 2020), Tinman (27th April 2020), Wind (22nd April 2020), Yoda (22nd April 2020)

12. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 times in 274 posts

Quote Posted by Mandala (here)
    Ran across this interesting video. My question is was it altered or is this for real?
    I posted this on another thread and think it is major. It is so telling that it reminds me of videos of UFOs that are so real one might think they are fake! In any case, looks real to me but if it is fake it is quite impressive.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TravelerJim For This Post:

justntime2learn (22nd April 2020), Mandala (22nd April 2020)

14. Link to Post #88
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Mandala:
    Interesting video indeed.
    I agree with nearly all what's said in the video, except a detail. He said
    "I don't think they may be responsible" referring to the World Banksters/Cabal.
    It is clear that this thing was planned way ahead of time.

As to the authenticity of the video, I can't say, I am not a video guru. A video specialist can tell if this is a montage or genuine. I hope someone here can shed some light on this aspect.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

justntime2learn (22nd April 2020)

16. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,975 times in 20,621 posts

At 4:27 the narrator says "Not a single American understands the ruse that is afoot. But I do."
    Rather objectionable misrepresentation of the facts!
    The video within the video is important, if it's real, but the commentary sure leaves something to be desired.
    If you are going to create a video like this, it's important to choose your words carefully.
    Quote Posted by TravelerJim (here)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOTILnYwFkQ
    I posted this on another thread and think it is major. It is so telling that it reminds me of videos of UFOs that are so real one might think they are fake! In any case, looks real to me but if it is fake it is quite impressive.
    Each breath a gift...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

T Smith (23rd April 2020)

18. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,100 times in 889 posts

Mod note from Bill:

Bill, do you think governments putting in place protective measures to the best of their abilities to protect the weak and vulnerable is akin to Nazi behaviour?
    A genuine thanks for the question, which I do appreciate.

It's pretty clever, the way all this is being done. For sure, it's being orchestrated by some supranational entity.

Not the WHO — they're not bright, competent or aware enough. The WHO is just someone's PR platform, and not even a very convincing one. (In fact, their comedy of errors has been lamentable.)

My very strong guess is that the source of the avalanche of controls worldwide is the same source as whoever released the virus, or expedited the release of the virus. And I strongly suspect that was a deep black US-based agency.

The confusing (and distracting!) issue for many is that the virus is real, and occasionally dangerous to some — even totally healthy young people, like US navy sailors, for example. Some members of the Avalon community have it, or have had it. It's absolutely no fun, and it's not the flu.

But the measures being taken against it are way over the top, in many cases. It's pretty easy to see many examples. The danger is the thin end of the wedge of frog-in-the-pot creeping authoritarianism (as David Icke calls it, the Totalitarian Tiptoe), Pavlov's-dog-conditioning citizens to gradually accept more and more (a) restrictions on freedom, and (b) surveillance, censorship and other forms of control.

Just like a slow-motion 9/11. No more terrorists blowing up buildings in the US (or anywhere else), but you still have TSA screening, no-fly lists, and you can't take toothpaste in your carry-on luggage because you could [somehow!] blow up the plane with it.

That's unlikely ever to be walked back. And that's global, too, even in the very many countries which have never known a terrorist incident. This is the playbook, and what we're seeing now is another page of it. (Maybe a whole new chapter.)

The NWO isn't quite with us yet, but this is one step closer. For that reason alone, what's happening is very very dangerous.

If I were in the US, I'd be protesting against the lockdowns. For sure. But here in Ecuador where I live, my personal situation is very unusual (for which I feel consciously blessed). I live in a remote area, I'm surrounded by wilderness, and I can walk out my front door and hike for miles (as I did yesterday) and not see a single person.

So almost nothing has changed for me. I have to wear a mask to go to the supermarket in the nearest city, 20 miles away, or they'd not let me through the door. But that's really no biggie.

Much more amusing (and a caricature of some of the insanity) is that I was pulled over by the police last week and told to wear my mask... in my car. Go figure!
    Bill thank you for your balanced response on this hyper polarising issue,bringing so much division everywhere ...

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Basho (22nd April 2020), Ben (24th April 2020), Bill Ryan (22nd April 2020), Franny (23rd April 2020), T Smith (23rd April 2020)

20. Link to Post #91
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,975 times in 20,621 posts

Zuckerberg Just Pissed Off EVERY AMERICAN Who Is Suffering And Wants To Get Back To Work
    The Next News Network 1.5M subscribers
    4/21/20

(Zuckerberg appeared on ABC's Good Morning America and said that Facebook has decided that protests against government-imposed lockdowns now qualify as “harmful misinformation” that the social media giant will take down. After weeks of supporting government restrictions, Americans have grown restive amid edicts that have closed businesses and resulted in the unemployment of 22 million Americans.)

Last edited by onawah; 22nd April 2020 at 17:51.
    Each breath a gift...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Hym (22nd April 2020)

22. Link to Post #92
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

My very strong guess is that the source of the avalanche of controls worldwide is the same source as whoever released the virus, or expedited the release of the virus. And I strongly suspect that was a deep black US-based agency. -- Bill Ryan

Yes. My suspicion also. Don't strongly believe it, but out of a range of possibilities, this one sticks out the farthest.

23. Link to Post #93
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Fact is, I'm well stocked an prepared, but I'm headed out today for even more supplies. I anticipate riots due to ignorance. People should be collaborating and sharing resources instead of acting out like little children. What is needed is leadership. Where will it come from? Obviously not from government or big business. EVERYONE is responsible for EVERYONE'S safety and well-being. Even in 'statistically' safe rural areas re-opening businesses and public places is very risky without planning and preperation. At least the seniors here in my little community will have extra food from the masses of stuff I've accumulated, if they need it. I also stocked oxygen and common prescription meds, anticipating that my neighbors would at some point not have access to the pharmacy. -- Helium

Helium,

Thanks for being the voice of reason here! Your post is very appreciated and agree on all points. I am just North of you and agree on all points!

24. Link to Post #94
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

We need to pull the pendulum UP, into a higher level, not swing it back to the opposite direction. I'm not sure how to get there, but whatever path that is, it isn't going to come without pushing back.

I'd like to see the push-back come at a higher level (energetically speaking). Stop fussing over wearing masks and just wear them already. That's putting other people's health above your own at minimal cost to you. That's pulling the pendulum above the current swing, in other words, rising above the situation.
    Rainsong

Rainsong---Thank you. Deserves an entry in Bartlett's Quotations.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Ben (25th April 2020), Franny (23rd April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd April 2020)

26. Link to Post #95
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Totally convinced.

"I strongly believe the virus is being USED as a justification for Fascism Lite."
    Absolutely; the same way they used a certain a ghost (Ben Laden) to implement all post 9-11 travel and financial restrictions.
    As they are currently using the virus reason/excuse to force people to wear masks, stay away from each other and many other restrictions to come that will become permanent.

"It's pretty clever, the way all this is being done. For sure, it's being orchestrated by some supranational entity."
    What has fascinated me is how nearly every gov on the planet danced to exactly the same tune. This proved one undeniable fact - that every health minister is just a bureaucrat, a baboon in suit that gets instructions and directives from an outside entity, the WHO, and executes; ie the minister's job is to execute the orders and not to think.
    And this model is applied at nearly every level of a government, Finance, Foreign, Defense, etc...

Hence a world government with the same structure as multinational with a subsidiary in every country.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

Ben (25th April 2020), gini (23rd April 2020)

28. Link to Post #96
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    Answering T Smith post, a microbiologist and Yale University PHD Brazillian Epidemiologist called Atila Iamarino gave an interview on Television and said that the world we used to have where we used to go by freely on the streets, go to cinemas, theathers, pubs, shows, football matches wihtout any consequence is over. According to him there is no such a thing as the world we had before because this world does not exist anymore until we get either a medicine or a vaccine that cures or prevent the virus. He said that even if the Government determine that we can go on the streets and go to huge gatherings, he himself will not go to football matches, cinemas, theatres because he does not want to risk to pass on the virus to his loved ones. Those with pulmornary diseases, heart diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure and other diseaseases that constitute a risk group, even if the Government says you can go wherever you want, will not risk their lives either.
    He clearly sounds like a speaker hired by Gates to push his vaccine agenda.

We need new media platforms to speak from - the main sites (you tube and facebook) are being controlled more every day.
    Utter nonsense. Bill Gates has been dragged into your "name the enemy" conjecture and anybody that takes exception to any part of that spin is automatically an agent. You owe this poster an apology. He likely has a vast network and could easily be remotely acquainted with seven fatalities.

29. Link to Post #97
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,188 times in 3,983 posts

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)

I think you make a lot of good points here, but I disagree about the agenda being clear. I was thinking about that--you got me thinking, T Smith, but this isn't directed specifically at you.

It does not look clear at all to me. (Disclaimer: I've been reading mostly US and specifically GA news, so this is the viewpoint I'm coming from.) If the agenda is to sow chaos, maybe. But if it's about control, I don't see it.

What I see is that the federal government is filled with the most selfish, power-hungry *psychopaths. The only agenda they're driven by is their own individual agenda, which makes a national or global agenda impossible.
    It seems to me there is embroilment of multiple agendas, which work together, to an extent.

The aspect of "control" is more akin to old world, old money, and a conservative Department of Defense that just needs to justify massive industrialization. Old money does not like new money; see for example that the Astors certainly did not like the new-moneyed Morgans during the Titanic era. For the most part, control seeks voluntary surrender based from ignorance.

"Loss of control" is newer, more akin to new money, the State Department, and the neo-con plan to push governments out of the way in most of the developing world. An example here is the Clinton era repeal of Glass-Steagall: a governmental interference put in place to harness the antics which engineered the Great Depression. Ten years after the repeal, there was a crash bubble based on the things it used to prevent, and now ten years later it comes hurling back with added momentum.

The problem with protesting either one is usually falling into the camp of the other, whereas they are both methods of subjugation, fascist in flavor since most of the policy comes from vested interests. The "debate" only wants to present the two choices, but there is no debate if you do not heed either one. This is anarchy, which is not calling for an absence of rules, but does call for the end of a ruling class or oligarchy.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd April 2020), Basho (22nd April 2020), Ben (25th April 2020), justntime2learn (22nd April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd April 2020)

31. Link to Post #98
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Shaberon, Rainsong,

I focus on the one thing that unites them all, states and federal and corporate elites who rely on a permanent war footing....the Defense Department. Thank you for that post, Rainsong and response, Shaberon. You strike me as people who think for yourselves.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Ben (25th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd April 2020), shaberon (22nd April 2020)

33. Link to Post #99
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 times in 173 posts

In Brasil Coronavirus is killing people of all ages and we have a significant number of young people without any previous health issue dying.

https://www.correiobraziliense.com.b...ao-paulo.shtml

But I will not push my view on others like many here on this thread is trying to do with me. This forum is becoming toxic by the day, people without any respect for others. We are not allowed to disagree here??? Do we have just to be a shipple and say Yes for whatever comes up on the threads???

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to prc For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd April 2020), Ben (25th April 2020), justntime2learn (22nd April 2020), lloyds (27th April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd April 2020), shaberon (22nd April 2020), T Smith (23rd April 2020)

35. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

In Brasil Coronavirus is killing people of all ages and we have a significant number of young people without any previous health issue dying.

https://www.correiobraziliense.com.b...ao-paulo.shtml

But I will not push my view on others like many here on this thread is trying to do with me. This forum is becoming toxic by the day, people without any respect for others. We are not allowed to disagree here??? Do we have just to be a shipple and say Yes for whatever comes up on the threads???
    Just a note in support of what prc reports about Brazil.

Quote In Brasil Coronavirus is killing people of all ages and we have a significant number of young people without any previous health issue dying.
    I have a good Brazilian friend whose mother and brother are in São Paulo. All I can say is that he has told me exactly the same thing, from his own first-hand sources. He speaks with them every day.

Whether lockdowns in Brazil are wise or unwise is a different question, bearing in mind all the different and complex factors (social, economic, religious, political, and global).

I'm not qualified to have an opinion (and Brazilians themselves are very divided.) But the facts on the ground seem to be just as prc states.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 22nd April 2020 at 21:47.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd April 2020), Ben (25th April 2020), Chris Gilbert (23rd April 2020), justntime2learn (22nd April 2020), kudzy (23rd April 2020), shaberon (22nd April 2020), Sophocles (23rd April 2020), Yoda (22nd April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1 5 15 55 69 LastLast