+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is Reality?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default What is Reality?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Asyloth For This Post:

Baby Steps (15th April 2020), Fellow Aspirant (15th April 2020), Kryztian (16th April 2020), O Donna (15th April 2020), RingoRon (16th April 2020), Savannah (16th April 2020), thepainterdoug (16th April 2020), toppy (15th April 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Re: What is Reality?

Thanks Asyloth, pretty cool / d

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Asyloth (18th April 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Buzzie's Avatar
    Thanks

Way over my head. Are they trying to know the unknowable?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Buzzie For This Post:

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,061 times in 2,419 posts

Quote Posted by Buzzie (here)
    Way over my head. Are they trying to know the unknowable?
    Bingo. In my view, yes. Unknowable and ineffable.
    Last edited by Satori; 16th April 2020 at 16:31.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Satori For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I could joke about this being 42

But, ultimately it’s God,

To know all of reality (and it’s more than described here) would be more than a mind on this level of reality could handle, it would literally kill you,
    But you get to look through a keyhole at what you think reality is, in small safe chunks,

Reality is infinite

Do you understand what infinite is?

10. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by ShotAcrosstheBow (here)

So basically, unless you know God and its nature in a close way, this doesn't really mean much

Quote To know all of reality (and it’s more than described here) would be more than a mind on this level of reality could handle, it would literally kill you,
    But you get to look through a keyhole at what you think reality is, in small safe chunks,
    We cannot know that for certain, because as above, you would need to have a way to "know" without any doubt that this is what happens, and we don't have it because no one is on intimate speaking terms with God and this makes it an assumption about how things work

Quote Reality is infinite

In human terms? or...
    Tired

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Asyloth (18th April 2020), Fox (23rd April 2020), palehorse (21st May 2020)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,094 times in 8,175 posts

If you ask me, trying to know beyond this life is a baited hook. There's a time and place for everything. The more we step out of the simple life rules we are born into this time, the more we are a white rabbit in the green grass, to the darker entities.

But no one did ( ask me ).
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Asyloth (18th April 2020), Satori (16th April 2020), Sunny-side-up (20th April 2020)

14. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

So basically, unless you know God and its nature in a close way, this doesn't really mean much

Quote To know all of reality (and it’s more than described here) would be more than a mind on this level of reality could handle, it would literally kill you,
    We cannot know that for certain, because as above, you would need to have a way to "know" without any doubt that this is what happens, and we don't have it because no one is on intimate speaking terms with God and this makes it an assumption about how things work

In human terms? or...
    You don’t understand,
    If God is infinite, then God has to be everything, simplistic, but helps to get a handle on what infinity means

You don’t need to “know God and it’s nature” just the existence of God,
    The pursuit of truth either via religion or science leads ultimately to the same place,
    God,

All roads lead to Rome, has they say,

It makes more sense if you can wrap your brain around infinity,
    Consider what it means,

15. Link to Post #9
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Eternal --timeless without beginning or end, the unborn.
    Omnipresent.
    There is nowhere that"God" is not
    The Father within as talked about by Christ.
    THAT is what you are -- realise That and be free.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Asyloth (18th April 2020), Merkaba360 (19th April 2020), Red Skywalker (18th April 2020), ShotAcrosstheBow (17th April 2020)

17. Link to Post #10
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

In human terms? or...
    You don’t understand,
    If God is infinite, then God has to be everything, simplistic, but helps to get a handle on what infinity means

The pursuit of truth either via religion or science leads ultimately to the same place,
    God,

Consider what it means,
    You didn't get me, all what you said is still based on how you see and are capable of understanding 'God', but this all is based on human knowledge and assumptions created over time

Quote If God is infinite, then God has to be everything
    And we don't know that as a fact, we don't know anything about God but what we have concluded on our own, simple as that

Quote You don’t need to “know God and it’s nature” just the existence of God
    This is true only if you are going to make assumptions about aspects of God you don't understand but try to figure out from your human point of view

All concepts derived from this 'understanding' of God may be wrong, based on how the conclusion was reached

It's like the concept of 'Immortality' as most humans understand it, you never die and that's it, simple but is all kinds of wrong also. Real immortality would mean live forever, right? But who said it had to start when you are born and then continue forward without dying, real Immortality would mean you never cease to exist in all directions, not just forward from the point where you were "born", you would also need to exist before that, otherwise you are not really immortal but just will live until the end of this universe. The understanding most people will have of immortality is just you never die a human death, which is naive and silly

Tired

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Asyloth (18th April 2020), greybeard (17th April 2020)

19. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

In human terms? or...
    You don’t understand,

God,

Consider what it means,
    You didn't get me, all what you said is still based on how you see and are capable of understanding 'God', but this all is based on human knowledge and assumptions created over time

Quote If God is infinite, then God has to be everything
    And we don't know that as a fact, we don't know anything about God but what we have concluded on our own, simple as that

Quote You don’t need to “know God and it’s nature” just the existence of God
    This is true only if you are going to make assumptions about aspects of God you don't understand but try to figure out from your human point of view

All concepts derived from this 'understanding' of God may be wrong, based on how the conclusion was reached

It's like the concept of 'Immortality' as most humans understand it, you never die and that's it, simple but is all kinds of wrong also. Real immortality would mean live forever, right? But who said it had to start when you are born and then continue forward without dying, real Immortality would mean you never cease to exist in all directions, not just forward from the point where you were "born", you would also need to exist before that, otherwise you are not really immortal but just will live until the end of this universe. The understanding most people will have of immortality is just you never die a human death, which is naive and silly

That’s wrong, born of ignorance,
    Spend sometime considering the subjects covered, instead of calculating off cliche and assumption, I can only guess you are young, it’s common to think you know all the answers without knowing all the facts,

20. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Eternal --timeless without beginning or end, the unborn.
    Omnipresent.
    There is nowhere that"God" is not
    The Father within as talked about by Christ.
    THAT is what you are -- realise That and be free.
    Chris
    Boom!
    We are all children of God,

Now if you understand that, you can understand that things move in cycles, no beginning, no end, just cycles,

The universe is so much older than current human science believes

21. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

Infinity is just a concept for something that is continually moving....the goal posts, adding the numbers. this is why some have said god is a verb. Although thats probably just a perspective of energy always moving. Yet from a very zoomed out perspective that constantly moving quantum realm inside a glass is still from a macro view.

In mathematics, i'm very confident that we are making mistakes dealing with 0 and infinity. Infinity is not a number and not practical. It represents something boundless.

In that sense, the whole, the omniverse, "god" is boundless as well. The practical physical universe must be finite (no matter how ridiculously huge), since infinite is not practical. Although it can keep morphing and creating more , so it is infinite in that way. It has infinite potential, but at any given moment its "kinetic" actualized potential is finite in my opinion. Basically the universe is imagination. We can keep imagining more, but the imagination currently in front of my senses is finite.

Reality is fractal geometry.
    Reality is a moving hologram (holomovement) - holograms are fractal as every point contains all the info.
    Reality is imagination - of varying densities - that is manifested as a holographic fractal.
    Reality is Both/And - not either/or. The universe has no shape, cuz its fractal and its kind of all shapes.
    Reality is all manifestation, not just what is solid/dense and stable to make you comfortable and feel safe lol
    Reality and unreality are essentially the same thing like light and dark....degrees of mind.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Asyloth (18th April 2020), Mashika (18th April 2020), palehorse (21st May 2020)

23. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

The masters always repeat to be in the now, the present/gift. My sense is that the present is essentially that still, empty, unknowable observer that we are but we can't touch or see or know other than in relation to the movie passing in front of our senses. Those frames of future passing over our present observer presence, and fading into the past. Never touching the observer who is not in the movie as we are pretending to be. I agree with Don Juan that we are viewing those frames as they are fading away. We are seeing the slight past. Our consious awareness is essentially , recollection, recollection, recollection.

The teacher s also keep telling us that this is the illusion and to wake up to reality. But what does that mean. Wake up to realize i am like the void, separate from the movie and can't be harmed since im beyond it. What is the "real" world that they speak of. Since they never really explain this, I guess i can see why people would want to stay asleep. Is it that it just feels so dang good to be free of it. Does that eventually get boring, so we play another round of the game for a million years or whatever? lol

I really need to become liberated lol. I swear that i'd be way more interesting than some of these guru types ~ I watch so many videos of wisdom speakers and the Elon musk's and others in the spotlight. It frustrates me that I have better and more unique questions than the usual being asked. I often feel that i can push them more for more clarity or ti dig out more details or nuances. How do I get thru......
    Last edited by Merkaba360; 18th April 2020 at 19:18.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Asyloth (18th April 2020), greybeard (18th April 2020), Mashika (18th April 2020)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Oh, for what it's worth, in response to the title of this thread "What is Reality ?", I would suggest that what is commonly accepted as "Reality" is actually nothing other than our habitual tendencies of mistaking sensory impressions as definitively being what's "out there" ... for in truth, all that I can ever experience is always only the construction of one's mind, based upon the interpretation of sense inputs (like a bio-computer) ... Your eyes do not see, Light does not travel along the Optic Nerve does it, what is seen is a mind-made re-presentation eh ?

Now, as far-out as this may sound, one possible inference from such experiential reasoning is that "Reality" is wholly Subjective eh ? There is no objective reality !

Just saying ...

Last edited by Clear Light; 18th April 2020 at 20:51. Reason: Added PDF

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Asyloth (18th April 2020), greybeard (18th April 2020), kfm27917 (18th April 2020), Mashika (18th April 2020), Merkaba360 (19th April 2020)

27. Link to Post #16
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

I think the work of Garratt Lisi fits here, with his E8 theory, both schools of thought see an order or pattern in the 8th dimension that projects seeming chaos into our 3d space

This new thinking that is hard to understand for a non physicist I think is saying that all of reality could be an 8 dimensional crystal, ie a single super complex object with in an 8 dimensional space that projects - 'casts a shadow' of itself into our three dimensions. This projection is observed by us as the discrete particles that we see, however in the higher reality of 8 dimensions they are all part of a single object. This then provides an elegant explanation for quantum entanglement, if you postulate that the 8d crystal is very hard or inelastic. Push one bit and another bit moves instantly, which in our 3d space could be at the other end of the universe.

"Well, right now the pattern I showed you, that corresponds to what we know about elementary particle physics-that already corresponds to a very beautiful shape. That is one that I said we know for certain.
    And that shape has remarkable similarities in the way that it fits with this E8 pattern and that could be the rest of the picture. And these patterns of points that I have shown you actually represent symmetries of this high dimensional object that would be warping, and moving, and dancing over the space-time that we experience, and that experience, that would be what explains all these elementary particles that we see...
    An electron in E8 would be one of the symmetries of this E8 shape-so what’s happening is, as the shape is moving over space time, its twisting, and the direction its twisting as it moves is what particle we see, so ...
    As far as we know, electrons are point particles, so this would be going down to the smallest possible scales. So the way these things are explained in quantum field theory is that all possibilities are expanding and developing at once and this is why I use the analogy of the coral. And in this way, the way that E8 comes in would be as a shape that’s attached a unique point in the space time, and the way the shape twists- the direction along the way that this shape is twisting as it moves over this curved surface is what the elementary particles are themselves, so, through quantum field theory that manifests themselves as points and interact that way."

also see the following thread

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...+quantum+world
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 18th April 2020 at 23:06.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Asyloth (18th April 2020), palehorse (21st May 2020)

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

There is no Reality, There is Nothing and still Nothing.
    Only Nothing and never, ever came 'Something' somehow out of Nothing.
    All what we see is a dream within a dream, within a dream, within a dream, within a dream, within a dream, within a dream, within a dream, ... of the ONE and ONLY OBSERVER, which is YOU (and me, and them, and all you OBSERVE)

Huh? How can that be?

There is some kind of energy turning inside out of its self.
    Once you have Absolutely Nothing, everything, all galaxies, all suns and planets, all material particles, all magnetic and electrical fields, ALL is removed, what is left?
    Infinite absolute cold dark empty space, really absolute cold, no temperature space.
    But then it isn't the kind of space anymore as we know, because if you could throw 'something' in it, all of its energy would be absorbed instantly. Thus stops to 'be'.
    You can never 'heat up' that kind of space, it would require an infinite amount of energy.
    And even that isn't enough.
    So, the Nothingness is never been heated by radiation, particles, and so on. We have only absolute cold dark empty space. That's the Reality, even now. You cannot even speak of ‘space’ anymore because nothing can exist in it and thus ‘movement’ isn’t possible.

Yep, strange stuff: Absolute cold dark empty space.

And yet, that ‘stuff’ has the potential to absorb infinite amounts of energy.
    THIS is also a form of energy! Albeit 'negative'. I call that potential energy simply "Absorption Energy". This is not something weird, it's the cause of 'electrical charge'. There is no one in the world who can explain the real cause of electrical charge! This is it. It’s there because there is Nothing. Let it sink in.
    Every point in Nothingness 'wants' to absorb 'something', even there is nothing. This means that even in absolute nothingness (my strange stuff), an infinite electrical charge force field is present (NOT separate electrons), has been and will be forever present. You cannot measure it, your probes will also be immediately absorbed.
    We can mathematical and graphical work with force fields and therefore it’s possible to create a schematic of the way the electrical charge force field would look like, how it works and … how to work with it.

I leave you literally in the dark for now, if you like more of the second layer of the nothingness reality, I’ll be back.

Let me know, and I pick up my old thread (HERE, but because of incremental understandings a bit outdated) and add more there, or maybe also here. Especially now it’s time to understand ‘REALITY’. Once the fuzz about a disease is settling down (it will, rather sooner then later), there will be a new beautiful world upcoming and we have to understand the wonders that are already here with the wisdom and responsibility of using infinite energies and possibilities through time and space.

Hold on, we are part of an immense history event in a positive way! This is the 2012 event, some calculations were a bit of. But not bad on the big timescale.

The Truth cannot be told, it has to be learned, and wow, there is so much to learn.

(by the way, I did not even watch the video because I have seen too many like that, all of them missing the basic point, there is Nothing)

30. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member andyangel1205's Avatar
    Thanks

31. Link to Post #19
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Red Skywalker (here)

The Truth cannot be told, it has to be learned, and wow, there is so much to learn.

I feel like the word should maybe not be "learned" but "experienced"?

Like so:

"The Truth cannot be told, it has to be experienced, and wow, there is so much to experience"

Because i can see how you could say "i learned about death and rebirth" and then say "i experienced death and rebirth" and it goes into a completely different area.. What do you think ?
    Tired

32. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,094 times in 8,175 posts

Quote Posted by Red Skywalker (here)

I feel like the word should maybe not be "learned" but "experienced"?

Like so:

"The Truth cannot be told, it has to be experienced, and wow, there is so much to experience"

Because i can see how you could say "i learned about death and rebirth" and then say "i experienced death and rebirth" and it goes into a completely different area.. What do you think ?
    It's more neutral and versatile a stance to position oneself with for an intellectual discussion but it's not necessarily more true, unless one defines "learn" inadequately at the outset.

But anyway, waw, have you got something to tell us about death and rebirth then, Mashika
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

33. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Mashika (19th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast