Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 times in 168 posts

Default Re: The face mask discussion

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    Quote Posted by helium (here)
    Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    I have stopped wearing a mask in shops etc. I can no longer comply with any of this BS. I found that I was complying because it was easier to comply and it took no courage. I knew I was acting in a cowardly and hypocritical manner, so I had to change, and i did.

In Ireland you can be exempted from wearing a mask for a number of reasons, one of those reasons is if it causes you 'severe distress'. The law states you may be asked to wear a mask in a public place however once the person has stated their exemption no further questioning on the hows/whys etc is allowed.

I regularly get asked to wear a mask in shops and I have had no problems so far once I have declared my exemption.

It does feel good to be free of the muzzle.

Ah! To muzzle or Not to muzzle - that is the question!

I once muzzled to make a living - and to provide some pretty cool medical devices to the entire world, devices that reduced considerable trauma and suffering, let alone efficacy in emergency situations. I thought it was a small price to pay (muzzling) for helping provide something that truly reduced suffering for hospital patients. Of course I'm comparing my apples to your oranges. But just one thing I want to point out. If you ever needed one of those medical devices you might wonder what it takes to put it on the market. I mean the human cost that goes beyond employees salaries and benefits. I worked among a very dedicated assembly crew now and then and their work environment was definitely not comfy, mask or not. It took fifteen minutes to get gowned up and sterilized so that the world wouldn't become infected by OUR (the employee's) bodies. We'd all appreciate a little tip of the hat from a satisfied customer.

Those folks in the public areas, stores and what not, might not feel comfortable at all around someone without a mask. Do the masks do any good? Of course not. Not in many cases, anyway. The junk masks I see hanging from people's chins and the cloth masks are useless.But when you're asked to put the mask on momentarily it might occur to you that the masked crowd are treating this as an emotional thing and not a practical issue. It can't hurt to give a little and endure a bit of discomfort to reduce the 'angst load' of those who are perhaps finding their way, or should be handled with care since they're utterly lost. In other words, it's not about you. It's about coercion coming from the highest powers, handed down to the lowest levels. They want to create stress. We probably shouldn't be helping them by creating more of it. We may even be able to counteract the negative effects of the mania being handed down from on high.

If the time ever comes when using a mask (or fully outfitted clean room) becomes a life or death necessity, everyone's attitude will change. That saggy useless mask you see on those faces is a symbol and nothing else. Good thing is, WE can define the symbol into something meaningful and useful for us. To me, that symbol ROARS stupidity, utter stupidity. Which makes me realize just how big the task at hand really is. How will I manage it? How will WE manage it?
    You say it can't hurt to "give a little and endure a bit of discomfort" but it does hurt, it hurts everyone by continuing to give credibility to an obvious lie.

I don't see how tip toeing around peoples anxiety/stress levels by perpetuating and complying with the biggest hoax ever foisted on humanity can be a good thing.

By not wearing a mask we are signalling to those still living with propaganda induced fear that it is ok to throw away the muzzle and reject the fear. Doing otherwise is a disservice to yourself and others, imho.

“One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”
    – Martin Luther King, Jr
    I heartily agree. There are many ways that one can respond to the situation and they are all valid in their own right. The worst response, though, is one mired in victimhood and pain - emotional and physical. Recognizing that your motivations for wearing the masks were not productive is the first step toward figuring out a better way.

My point being that confrontation can and does work. I've used that tactic a lot in this life. Yet there is a path that acknowledges the pettiness of the mask issue which leads to dismissing it for it's ineffectiveness while focusing on other methods of dealing with the poor normies who know no better than to blindly follow the dictates from on high.

My apologies for not speaking with clarity. There is obviously no one correct way to think and act. Knowing one's deep down motivations, though, is most important.

I am greatly challenged by the ignorance surrounding me. I always have been. I suspect that the real challenges are just ahead. I keep thinking that once the facade has fallen and the masses are utterly floundering and know that they are lost, then perhaps they might listen to some calm reason. In other words, I'm saying that for me to be effective in this world it needs to fail. That disturbs me. I do not want my life's fulfillment predicated on the failure of others. What pisses me off is that seems to be what I'm facing, like it or not.

I wanted to insert some useful mask information and I did. I do know that there is much to consider when dealing with the socio-political aspects of the mask mandates. There is much confusion, though, and choices to be made.

Red is grey and yellow white.
    But we decide which is right.
    And which is an illusion?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to helium For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st August 2021), ClearWater (23rd August 2021), DaveToo (21st August 2021), pueblo (21st August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (21st August 2021), Tintin (23rd August 2021)

3. Link to Post #882
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,530 times in 2,552 posts

I am greatly challenged by the ignorance surrounding me. I always have been. I suspect that the real challenges are just ahead. I keep thinking that once the facade has fallen and the masses are utterly floundering and know that they are lost, then perhaps they might listen to some calm reason. In other words, I'm saying that for me to be effective in this world it needs to fail. That disturbs me. I do not want my life's fulfillment predicated on the failure of others. What pisses me off is that seems to be what I'm facing, like it or not.
    Feeling melancholic today.
    "Not with a bang but a whimper." comes to mind.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st August 2021), gord (21st August 2021), pueblo (21st August 2021), Tintin (23rd August 2021), Tracie (Bodhicee) (23rd August 2021)

5. Link to Post #883
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 times in 168 posts

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    Feeling melancholic today.
    "Not with a bang but a whimper." comes to mind.

Who? You, me? All of us? Or are you just poking me with a stick to see if I'll squirm?

If by melancholy you mean staring the best interpretation of reality that one can muster directly in the eye, then so be it. Yes, scary it is. From a 'certain point of view', that is. (Poor Luke Skywalker, when confronted with that phrase.)

I find myself celebrating the chaos (from a certain point of view) because it brings illumination. Hidden levers and buttons, hidden influences, are becoming less hidden. I certainly don't celebrate young athletes who cling to an aircraft landing gear in desperation and then fall to the ground. Other than I do celebrate their choice in the face of torture and probably long, drawn out death at the hands of mindless brutes who should never have had their lands invaded and should have had to invent everything that they use as weapons. The idea of a non-interference directive is now too late to implement. Or perhaps one way to come to the conclusion that such a directive is imperative is to place the world into dire circumstances such as exist in the moment. At that point we'd have to admit that we are the ones who are wielding technologies in an unsafe, irresponsible manner.

Or maybe melancholy is what happens when there are no words to frame a suitable response to the unprecedented impudence of those hidden manipulators who lust for terror, blood, and death.

And now, I don my mask, my blanky, my only comfort. Behind my mask nobody can hear me scream.
    Last edited by helium; 21st August 2021 at 21:33.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to helium For This Post:

avid (23rd August 2021), Bill Ryan (21st August 2021), DaveToo (21st August 2021), pueblo (23rd August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (21st August 2021)

7. Link to Post #884
    Thanks

Hi all, looking for a bit of help

I don't wear a mask myself and haven't in the last 18 months. I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get an exemption from my doctor. I've have never shown that letter to anyone nor will i. I keep it as backup in case i ever find myself in court where i will produce it to a judge. I've had several confrontations with security staff in that time but now they know me and know that i know the legislation so they leave me alone. I've only once seen another person not wearing a mask here where i live (Wicklow, Ireland) when out food shopping.

My 14 year old is opting for homeschooling this year which is great. Hopefully he'll stick it out. I can't bear to see the indoctrination that's happening to the kids. They are being taught, sometimes subtly sometimes not subtly, that germs are bad and masks, obsessive handwashing/hand santitsing, vaccines etc are all godd things to do. The teaching they receive in school totally undermines anything I'm saying to them.

My 12 year is starting secondary school (big school) in a few weeks. She's terribly excited about it & doesn't want to be homeschooled at this point. I want to respect that for her. She wants the experience of big school and so be it. She will have to wear that damn mask while there. My long winded question is this (and sorry for the long intro :-) )

Does anyone know of any "healthier masks" that are on the market and where i could buy them?

Thanks!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to indiana For This Post:

Ankle Biter (23rd August 2021), DaveToo (23rd August 2021), Ewan (23rd August 2021), mountain_jim (23rd August 2021), pueblo (23rd August 2021), Tintin (23rd August 2021), Tracie (Bodhicee) (23rd August 2021), wondering (28th August 2021)

9. Link to Post #885
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Quote Posted by indiana (here)
    Hi all, looking for a bit of help

I don't wear a mask myself and haven't in the last 18 months. I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get an exemption from my doctor. I've have never shown that letter to anyone nor will i. I keep it as backup in case i ever find myself in court where i will produce it to a judge. I've had several confrontations with security staff in that time but now they know me and know that i know the legislation so they leave me alone. I've only once seen another person not wearing a mask here where i live (Wicklow, Ireland) when out food shopping.

My 14 year old is opting for homeschooling this year which is great. Hopefully he'll stick it out. I can't bear to see the indoctrination that's happening to the kids. They are being taught, sometimes subtly sometimes not subtly, that germs are bad and masks, obsessive handwashing/hand santitsing, vaccines etc are all godd things to do. The teaching they receive in school totally undermines anything I'm saying to them.

My 12 year is starting secondary school (big school) in a few weeks. She's terribly excited about it & doesn't want to be homeschooled at this point. I want to respect that for her. She wants the experience of big school and so be it. She will have to wear that damn mask while there. My long winded question is this (and sorry for the long intro :-) )

Does anyone know of any "healthier masks" that are on the market and where i could buy them?

Thanks!
    I opted for a cloth mask when I've had to wear one, less toll on environment as reusable and takes away the issue of potential fibres (morgellons?) being smuggled into it. No idea if that's happened or not but there's been some videos circulating which made me want to avoid the medical ones if possible.

I don't think they do anything positive for the wearer unless you're symptomatic when they may reduce spread of droplets. So I'd suggest one layer, machine washable, natural fabric and enough of them so that your daughter can swap one morning and afternoon so she's not constantly rebreathing the same bacteria laden fabric. Amazon had them in packs of 5, or if you can find someone that was making them even better. Course Kids don't want to look out of place so the other option could be for her to choose.

Oh and this may sound daft, but when I had to wear one I used to think 'cancel cancel' when I was putting it on to cancel any kind of association with the controllers or any occult aspects to this ritual, because I believe it is a ritual. I also pointed at my chin and told people 'there's a smile under there for you', which helped to lighten the mood, well my mood anyway. That may or may not be something to discuss with a 12 year old!

Oh and one of the most depressing sights has been seeing kids wearing them walking home on their own, so don't let her be that kid!

Best wishes to you all, hope her intro to big school goes well.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

avid (23rd August 2021), indiana (23rd August 2021), mountain_jim (23rd August 2021), pueblo (23rd August 2021), Tintin (23rd August 2021), wondering (28th August 2021)

11. Link to Post #886
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,606 times in 5,415 posts

Default Covid, Science and Politics – the Case of Face Masks | Robert Dingwall

This whole discussion reminds one of the many distracting rabbit holes that one encountered a few years ago when researching the whole 9-11 horror show.

After having read Laura Dodsworth's most excellent book "A State of Fear" and therein actually being told (and I paraphrase a little) from an anonymous member of the SAGE SPI-B group of behavioural psychologists that "..we like masks because they suggest togetherness..", for me more or less confirmed what I'd suspected all along: they are a psychological device, nothing more.

Another article that may be compatible with helium's interesting and educational contribution I'd recommend is by Roger Koops : The Year of Disguises - he is an 'organic' chemist.

Here, on page 6:
    For example, CV has good stability on plastic (1/2 life of almost 8 hours) and has even been detected up to one week on surgical masks.....Skin can actually be good at destabilizing because of not only sweat but also the natural oils and detergents that are produced in the skin can break apart these types of molecules. That is a reason that skin absorption is not considered a vector of infection.
    He deals with masks themselves more specifically from page 9.

This, from page 12:
    ... I will say that there has been only ONE type of mask, the╔SURGICAL mask, which has shown any ability to reduce, not eliminate, virus transmission because it is actually rated to a 100 nanometer pore size AND it is rated for ingress and egress. But, the SURGICAL mask is not intended for use outside of a controlled, sterile hospital surgical field where its use and function can be controlled. It has limitations.
    The case had been closed for me really early on during this absurd and dangerous theatre and requires little, if any, further elaboration.

I really would recommend that his article is read and understood.

A great companion piece is Aaron and Melissa Dyke's work: The Occult Ritual Transformation and Covid-19 where masking forms part of the initiation ritual into a new way/religion/reset. Again, thoroughly recommended viewing.

Covid, Science and Politics – the Case of Face Masks
    Published on 08/23/2021
    By Robert Dingwall

Source: Social Science Space blog

A troubling turn in the public policy management of the Covid-19 pandemic has been the increasing tendency to justify interventions by assertions of scientific truth that bely the uncertainty of the evidence on which they are based. Nowhere, perhaps, is this more obvious than in the case of mandatory face masks in community settings, particularly, but not exclusively, in the USA. Otherwise well-respected scientists and scholars seem to have decided that, if they announce that black is white often enough, then this will indeed be the case. Such pronouncements have more in common with the Ministry of Truth in George Orwell’s 1984 that with anything we might have recognized as appropriate professional behaviour in 2019.

Nothing that follows should be taken as an argument against the truly voluntary adoption of face masks by those who feel personally reassured by wearing them, regardless of the paucity of evidence. However, for masks to be mandated as an act of policy, whether by public or private interests, the bar must be set higher. This is what the long-established, and much misquoted, precautionary principle is about: both the alleged benefits and harms of interventions should be rigorously evaluated and the benefits shown to be proportionate before it is legitimate to act. When in doubt, do nothing. If precipitate action is necessary in an emergency, it should be evaluated at the first opportunity to determine whether it was indeed effective and should ever be adopted again. This is fundamental to the legitimacy of state laws, regulations or decrees or of private practices that might otherwise be considered exclusionary or discriminatory. Interventions without an evidence base are arbitrary acts of power, which rest on coercion, whether direct or indirect, for compliance rather than on the willing assent of those affected.

Classically, the most robust type of evidence for evaluating interventions of this kind is a randomized controlled trial (RCT). There is a dearth of these – and most have been conducted in the context of other respiratory infections – but they generally find little or no benefit. Well-respected figures in public health have been calling for investment in RCTs since the late spring or early summer of 2020 but opportunities have not been taken. Policy leaders have failed to fund RCTs of any NPI (non-pharmaceutical intervention) in the way they have funded trials of potential therapies or vaccine development. We are, then, left with two other main sources of evidence.

One is studies at various scales of the impact of mask mandates on reported infection rates. These may compare cities, states, provinces or entire nations using time series data to look for inflections of rates that may be attributable to the mandates. A great deal of mathematical ingenuity has been expended in trying to control for the numerous confounders from biases in reporting, differences in diagnosis, leads and lags in public behaviour in response to the mandates, seasonal fluctuations, mobility – the list is almost endless. By the time these manipulations are complete, though, it is very difficult to conclude that there is any clear and obvious effect. Infection rates do not seem to vary much between comparable communities regardless of the NPIs that have been introduced. I have yet to see a study that identifies a clear and unequivocal benefit from a mask mandate in the form of an obvious inflection point attributable to the intervention. For all the reasons cited, this would be hard to find so perhaps we should not treat its absence as conclusive proof of a lack of benefit so much as something that is consistent with the RCT evidence that any benefit is likely to be minimal.

The other main source of evidence is laboratory studies of the properties of masks using techniques from physics and engineering. Some studies treat masks as a straightforward air filtration experiment. These are well-controlled and reproducible, but bear little resemblance to real-world conditions. The more sophisticated studies use mannikins to create a jet of air carrying inert particles into a controlled space, mimicking human exhalation. Masks can then be used to interrupt the air flow. The resulting measurements are the basis for computational models that provide more general descriptions of the spread of particles, which may be used to create video simulations. These studies are often elegant but suffer familiar problems in generalizing to real-world environments. Within reason, the experimenter can manipulate the average velocity of the jet, the size of particles and the permeability of the mask in ways that aim to mimic breathing at different rates, coughing or sneezing. To get reliable measurements, including video or photographic evidence of the dispersion of the particles, the simulated exhalations must enter still air. Air, however, is never still in the real world. In any space there are thermal currents that are moving air around and dispersing exhalations in ways that are not captured, and probably cannot be captured, by the experimenter in a physically meaningful way. The efficacy of masks is also sensitive to the choice of particle size. If the experimenter favours droplets, larger particles, masks capture these quite well – but they also fall quickly to the ground and are unlikely to be inhaled by anyone at a normal social distance. If the experimenter favours aerosols, smaller particles, these are likely to pass through or around cloth masks, whose pore size is typically significantly larger than the aerosol particles. In which case the masks may filter a small proportion of the particles but probably let most through or around the edges. Where higher quality masks have been mandated, the community evidence runs into the same problems as before.

A blog of this kind is not the place for a full-on systematic review, although it is notable how few of those have been conducted to the standards that would usually be expected. What we have instead is a plethora of narrative reviews, which lack the discipline imposed by the systematic review method. It is probably not coincidental that the available systematic reviews tend to be less favourable to masks than those based on narrative methods, some of which come close to cherry-picking evidence. The intention here is simply to convey the fragility of claims to a definitive benefit from masks such as would justify mandating them.

The precautionary principle also requires a proper evaluation of the potential harms. Few such studies have actually been done but relevant issues can readily be identified. Four are clearly important. First, they discriminate against a large group of people with communicative disabilities of speech and hearing, with neurodisabilities, such as autism or Aspergers, or with mental health issues, such as prior trauma from confinement as an abused child or as a survivor of sexual assault. Second, they discriminate against people who have medical consequences such as acute skin infections, eye infections or respiratory infections as a result of mask use. In the pre-pandemic world, such people could find workplaces where these issues were avoided but they cannot escape the mandates. Third, there is the impact on child development, particularly in relation to language and social interaction. The American Academy of Pediatrics claimed that there was no evidence for this, but there is a substantial body of research from psychology, education and linguistics establishing the importance of observing faces, particularly for small children. Fourth, and perhaps hardest to measure, there is the impact on community levels of fear and anxiety. This, indeed, has been the ultimate fall-back for committed advocates of masks – they may not have an impact on the transmission of the virus but they remind everyone that there is a pandemic going on and that they should be cautious every time they set foot outside their home – the safety of the home is assumed, of course. The consequence, of course, is that we are nudged towards regarding our fellow human beings as no more than potential vectors of infection. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent. The trust on which everyday life depends in modern societies is fatally compromised.

If we do not think it is acceptable to have our lives ordered in ways that discriminate against large sections of the population, that impair the development of children, that damage the mental health of the nation and that make each of us fearful of the other, then it is time to hold the advocates of masking to account for the quality of evidence. It is simply too fragile to justify coercive measures, whether by the state or by private actors. Why has there been so little investment in RCTs? Why are mask advocates now arguing that RCTs would be unethical because the benefits are obvious, when they patently are not? It is more unethical to perpetuate a practice without evidence than to challenge one’s preconceptions. This is truly how science progresses and debate should be conducted.
    Last edited by Tintin; 23rd August 2021 at 13:32.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Ankle Biter (23rd August 2021), avid (23rd August 2021), Ewan (23rd August 2021), ExomatrixTV (28th August 2021), Gwin Ru (23rd August 2021), indiana (23rd August 2021), pueblo (23rd August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (23rd August 2021)

13. Link to Post #887
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,278 times in 1,399 posts

ABBOTT AND COSTELLO’S ‘WHO’S BEEN VACCINATED?’ 😆😆😆

Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
    Lou: ‘Why not?’
    Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
    Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
    Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
    Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
    Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
    Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
    Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
    Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
    Bud: ‘Yes.’
    Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
    Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
    Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
    Bud: ‘Because you’re unvaccinated.’
    Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
    Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
    Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
    Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
    Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
    Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
    Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look. I’m not sick.
    Bud: ‘Ok.’
    Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
    Bud: ‘That’s right.’
    Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
    Bud: ‘Certainly.’
    Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
    Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
    Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
    Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
    Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
    Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
    Bud: ‘Absolutely not?’
    Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
    Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
    Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
    Bud: ‘I know.’
    Lou: So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ….If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
    Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
    Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
    Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
    Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
    Bud: ‘Correct.’
    Lou: ‘Why not?’
    Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
    Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
    Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
    Bud: ‘Yes, but they can still get sick.’
    Lou: ‘But I’m not sick!!’
    Bud: ‘You can still get them sick.’
    Lou: ‘So then masks don’t work!’
    Bud: ‘Masks work quite well.’
    Lou: ‘So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if I’m not sick and masks work?’
    Bud: ‘Third base.’
    And...scene...
    Copied from a friend.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

avid (23rd August 2021), ClearWater (23rd August 2021), DaveToo (23rd August 2021), Ernie Nemeth (23rd August 2021), Ewan (23rd August 2021), indiana (23rd August 2021), JohanB (23rd August 2021), Journeyman (23rd August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (23rd August 2021), Tintin (24th August 2021)

15. Link to Post #888
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,499 times in 4,311 posts

Kids now rewarded with oxygen. Insanity world confirmed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mask_****38e7037711b17b851e85fb6f0.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	47308
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

ClearWater (23rd August 2021), Ernie Nemeth (23rd August 2021), Ewan (23rd August 2021), indiana (23rd August 2021), Journeyman (23rd August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (23rd August 2021), Tintin (24th August 2021)

17. Link to Post #889
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Hi all, looking for a bit of help...

Thanks!

By 'healthier', I assume you mean a mask that won't cause the wearer harm?

Over a year ago I experimented making home-made masks just for fun.
    I knew I was unlikely to ever wear them in public, but wanted to have something
    just in case an emergency situation presented itself. Luckily it never has.

My favorite home-made mask (the one I would recommend for your 12 year old)
    consists of cheesecloth and rubber bands.
    Cheesecloth comes in all different colors, shapes and sizes.

Just find one that appeals to you/your daughter and cut it down to an appropriate size.
    Then sew the rubber bands on either side and bingo, you've got your face mask!

I have tested them out at home and can attest that they have minimal effect on breathing.
    They also have the exact same effectiveness at keeping germs in/out as do
    the commercial ones.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Ewan (23rd August 2021), indiana (23rd August 2021), wondering (28th August 2021)

19. Link to Post #890
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    Hi all, looking for a bit of help...

Thanks!

By 'healthier', I assume you mean a mask that won't cause the wearer harm?

Over a year ago I experimented making home-made masks just for fun.
    I knew I was unlikely to ever wear them in public, but wanted to have something
    just in case an emergency situation presented itself. Luckily it never has.

My favorite home-made mask (the one I would recommend for your 12 year old)
    consists of cheesecloth and rubber bands.
    Cheesecloth comes in all different colors, shapes and sizes.

Just find one that appeals to you/your daughter and cut it down to an appropriate size.
    Then sew the rubber bands on either side and bingo, you've got your face mask!

I have tested them out at home and can attest that they have minimal effect on breathing.
    They also have the exact same effectiveness at keeping germs in/out as do
    the commercial ones.
    Thank you for that. I'm looking into that. Cheesecloth... i like it! :-)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to indiana For This Post:

wondering (28th August 2021)

21. Link to Post #891
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,660 times in 20,817 posts

source
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

syrwong (29th August 2021)

23. Link to Post #892
    Language
    Thanks

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

24. Link to Post #893
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

The Biopolitical War on Breathing
    by Dr. Joseph Mercola
    August 26, 2021
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...rid=1246396527

"STORY AT-A-GLANCE

While it’s normal, even healthy, to fear a pandemic, the fearmongering that’s occurred during the COVID pandemic has facilitated manipulation of the public and is putting freedom and civil liberties at risk
    Author Laura Dodsworth describes the current state of affairs as a “political war on breathing,” such that if you have COVID-19, you become the “enemy,” your breath becoming your weapon
    The moralization of COVID-19 mitigation measures has become so entrenched in society that the researchers believe they’ve reached the level of a sacred value
    Now, each of us is a potential enemy, depending on whether or not our actions are deemed acceptable on the scale of COVID morality

Masks. Lockdowns. Quarantine. Fear.
    They’re words that have become household terms since 2020. And while it’s normal, even healthy, to fear a pandemic, the fearmongering that’s occurred has facilitated manipulation of the public and is putting freedom and civil liberties at risk.

Author Laura Dodsworth, who wrote “A State of Fear,” which details how the U.K. government weaponized fear during the COVID-19 pandemic, explained:1

“In one of the most extraordinary documents ever revealed to the British public, the behavioral scientists advising the government said that a substantial number of people did not feel threatened enough by Covid-19 to follow the rules. They advised the government to increase our sense of ‘personal threat,’ to scare us into submission.”

She describes the current state of affairs as a “political war on breathing,”2 such that if you have COVID-19, you become the “enemy,” your breath becoming your weapon. As fear increases, so too does the desire for control, even when it concerns something as life-giving as breathing. “Breath,” Dodsworth wrote, “has fallen from sacred to sinful.”3

COVID Health Responses Are Moralized

The unprecedented restrictions implemented by governments around the globe during the pandemic have come with profound economic, social, physical and psychological health costs to society.

A U.K. study published in the journal Psychiatry Research, for example, found a significant rise in depression symptoms and a significant decline in wellbeing at lockdown, while over one-third of the university students were clinically depressed, up from 15% at baseline.4 Drug overdoses also skyrocketed.

From December 2019 to December 2020, there were 93,331 estimated overdose deaths in the U.S., which represents a 29.4% increase in 12 months.5 Certain states had an even higher year-over-year increase, including Kentucky, with overdose deaths increasing 53.7%, and West Virginia, with a 49.3% increase.

Such deaths, however, are justified by the COVID narrative as necessary to prevent COVID-19 deaths, justification that’s supported by the moralization of COVID-19 health responses. As explained by a study in the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology:6

“This moralization of health-based efforts may generate asymmetries in judgement, whereby harmful by-products of those efforts (i.e., instrumental harm) are perceived as more acceptable than harm resulting from non-C19 efforts, such as prioritizing the economy or non-C19 issues.”

In one of their experiments, public shaming, deaths and illnesses, and police abuse of power were considered to be more acceptable if related to efforts to minimize COVID-19 than when resulting from non-COVID-19 measures, such as reducing traffic deaths.7

In another experiment, subjects rated research quality less favorably when “questioning continuing a C19 elimination strategy in NZ [New Zealand] than one questioning abandoning an elimination strategy,” which suggests that questioning efforts to eliminate COVID-19 is morally condemned.8 The moralization of COVID-19 mitigation measures has become so entrenched in society that the researchers believe they’ve reached the level of a sacred value. According to Dodsworth:9

“Morality has been generally topsy-turvy in a time driven by fear. We have no tolerance for Covid deaths but seemingly little interest in deaths from other causes.

We were told we must protect the elderly, yet they were transferred from hospitals to care homes and … we discover that 50,000 dementia cases have been missed. The government showed a worrying enthusiasm for the furtive use of shaming, bullying and fear-mongering to make the nation comply with lockdown rules.

Culturally and economically, lockdown was easier for the middle classes and elite, rather than the working classes and front line workers who serviced them. Feminists tie themselves in knots explaining why ‘my body, my choice’ does not extend to vaccine mandates. Schools closed. People died alone at home. Focusing on one virus was never a simple moral equation.”

Ushering in Biopolitics
    The pandemic has ushered in an era of biopolitics, a term first used by French philosopher Michel Foucault. As biopolitical governing increases, political control extends to the biological processes that control life itself. Biopower becomes the sovereign power and processes that govern human life are controlled under authoritarian rule.10

“Giorgio Agamben, the Italian philosopher, has written about the reduction of life to biopolitics,” Dodsworth wrote. “To simply reduce the theory, he says that the man who is 'accursed' (in this case infected or even potentially infected) can be set apart from normal society, and must live a 'bare life' — life reduced to the barest form. In the 'state of exception' normal laws and morals are forgotten.”11

The Use of Martial Language

Such transitions to a police state have been largely welcomed because of purposeful use of martial language suggesting we’re “at war” with SARS-CoV-2. Boris Johnson even compared GAVI (formerly the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations), funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to NATO in 2020 and, in so doing, revealed a “seismic paradigm shift in how we perceive our 'enemies.'”12

Now, each of us is a potential enemy, depending on whether or not our actions are deemed acceptable on the scale of COVID morality. In June 2021, the U.S. National Security Council also released a new “National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism.”13 While it’s being largely framed as a tool to fight white supremacy and political extremism, the definition of what constitutes a “domestic terrorist” is incredibly vague and based on ideologies.

Investigative journalist Glenn Greenwald stated that the end goal of the newly emerging war on domestic terrorism is to "essentially criminalize any oppositional ideology to the ruling class," adding, "There is literally nothing that could be more dangerous, and it's not fear-mongering or alarmism to say it.”14 As Dodsworth put it, a “war” against anything, be it a virus or different ideologies, is a tool that ushers in increased authoritarian control:15

“Martial language has been used throughout the epidemic. We are 'at war' with a virus … Fighting talk conveys strength and offers hope of winning when we feel out of control. But war also requires populations to make sacrifices and obey the chain of command. It reminds us we are not just at risk, we are the risk. We are the enemy.

… As war and terror justify a security state, the virus justifies a biosecurity state. Borders are redrawn from the geopolitical to biopolitical and policed by the state. The legal detention of healthy people, the punishment of rule-breakers and the mandating of vaccine passports are permitted by emergency laws but also enabled by a narrative of dehumanization.

People who break the rules are 'dangerous' (they might be infectious), 'stupid' and 'socially irresponsible'. The unsafe, unclean and dangerous might breach the air of the virtuous vaccinated. These attitudes originally arise from the natural fear of an epidemic, but they are upheld by the continuing manipulation of fears.”

Inconsistencies Cannot Be Questioned

Throughout the pandemic, health officials have flip-flopped on their guidance regarding masks, social distancing, asymptomatic spread and lockdowns. The initial lockdowns were intended to flatten the COVID-19 curve, but even after that happened, lockdowns continued, sometimes two and three times.

With each lockdown, society grew more distant, more accepting of isolation and, often, more fearful. Questions arose regarding the effectiveness of oppressive measures like these to curb infections, but those who spoke out were silenced.

The censorship is perhaps most profound among those asking for more information about COVID-19 vaccines and the risks of a mass vaccination campaign with an experimental product. The vaccines were supposed to stop the spread of COVID-19, but fully vaccinated people can still transmit the virus.16

Even the World Health Organization advises people who are vaccinated to continue wearing masks due to the Delta variant because “vaccine alone won’t stop community transmission.”17 The inconsistencies are deafening. As Dodsworth put it:18

“We are simultaneously told that if you have the vaccine you can still be infected with and spread Covid, but if you don’t take it you are putting others at risk. The argument should fold under the weight of its own incoherence, but instead vaccine passports are being mandated in multiple countries with eerie synchronicity. It’s not conspiracism or paranoia to be alarmed by such developments.”

Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of the mRNA and DNA vaccine core platform technology,19 has also spoken out about the risks of COVID-19 gene therapy vaccines. Speaking with Aga Wilson with Newsvoice,20 Malone listed several adverse events that are already raising red flags. Another important point: censorship prevents full comprehension of these risks.

Cardiotoxicity

Coagulation problems

Female reproductive health concerns

Miscarriage in the first and second trimesters (this has not yet been confirmed), Thrombocytopenia (dropping blood platelets)

Brain and nervous system disorders

Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS)

It’s also a myth that the only way to reach herd immunity is through universal vaccination. As Malone said, “Herd immunity is most often reached through natural infection … Vaccines will not get us to herd immunity.”21

Divisiveness Brewing Between Vaxxed and Unvaxxed
    At the start of the pandemic, there was talk of communities coming together and staying strong in a united front to beat the virus. Now, we’re seeing the rapid emergence of two sets of people — those who are vaccinated against COVID-19 and those who are not.

With the roll out of vaccine passports, unvaccinated people are being increasingly excluded from certain concert venues22 and travel, including being prohibited from entering certain pools, restaurants, parties and bars on cruise ships.23

New York City launched the Excelsior Pass,24 which documents your vaccine status and, as of August 16, 2021, proof of vaccination will be required to enter restaurants, gyms and theaters.25 Throughout the world, unvaccinated people are facing loss of privileges while being morally shamed and labeled selfish. Dodsworth wrote:26

“In Israel, the language used to describe the unvaccinated is depressingly divisive. ‘Those who refuse vaccines are endangering their health, those around them and the freedom of every Israeli citizen,' said prime minister Naftali Bennett.

'Those who refuse vaccines hurt us all because if all of us were vaccinated we would all be able to maintain daily life.' The unvaccinated are to be barred from much of public life, from cinemas to synagogues, unless they get tested.”

In a nod to the inconsistencies that have plagued the pandemic, no mention is made of people who have natural immunity from prior COVID-19 infection27 and choose not to get vaccinated for that reason. Meanwhile, “while crisis can catalyze exciting and positive change,” Dodsworth noted, “a new moral code should not be forged in fear.”28 Now is the time to step back and see through the fog before feeding into the fear and labeling friends and neighbors “enemies.”

- Sources and References
    1, 9, 11, 12, 15, 18, 26, 28 Laura Dodsworth, A State of Fear
    2, 3 The Spectator, The war on breathing August 4, 2021
    4 Psychiatry Res. 2021 Apr;298:113819. doi: 10.1016/j.psychres.2021.113819. Epub 2021 Feb 23
    5 U.S. CDC, NCHS, Provisional Drug Overdose Death Counts May 2, 2021
    6, 7, 8 J Exp Soc Psychol. 2021 Mar; 93: 104084
    10 The Anthropology of Biopolitics January 21, 2013
    13 WhiteHouse.gov, National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism June 2021
    14 Fox News January 20, 2021
    16 Xinhuanet August 6, 2021
    17 CNBC June 25, 2021
    19 Trial Site News May 30, 2021
    20, 21 Newsvoice.se July 17, 2021
    22 Jujamcyn, Springsteen FAQ, COVID-19
    23 Travel Pulse June 29, 2021
    24 Excelsior Pass
    25 Fox 5 August 4, 2021
    27 Nature May 24, 2021
    Each breath a gift...

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

DaveToo (28th August 2021), ExomatrixTV (28th August 2021), syrwong (30th August 2021)

26. Link to Post #894
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,758 times in 2,555 posts

'Un-elected, so called "Top Doctor" of British Columbia, Bonnie Henry with her opinion on the ritualistic shame muzzle.'

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

DaveToo (28th August 2021), Gwin Ru (28th August 2021), wondering (28th August 2021)

28. Link to Post #895
    Language
    Thanks

• CDC: Schools With Mask Mandates Didn’t See Statistically Significant Different Rates of COVID Transmission From Schools With Optional Policies

29. Link to Post #896
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 times in 711 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

source
    Mask wearing is tyranny. It is a symbol of subserviance. Since they are the bosses, it is meaningless for them to wear masks and they would never do it. This is the proof of the symbolism.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

Blacklight43 (29th August 2021), ExomatrixTV (29th August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st September 2021)

31. Link to Post #897
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

“Soothing symptoms of anxiety” with graphene oxide; it’s in millions of masks
    This is not a joke; it’s real
    by Jon Rappoport
    August 30, 2021
    https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021...ions-of-masks/

"Graphenea.com: “Graphene is the thinnest compound known to man at one atom thick, the lightest material known…the strongest compound [ever] discovered…the best conductor of heat at room temperature…the best conductor of electricity known…potentially an eco-friendly, sustainable solution for an almost limitless number of applications. Since the discovery…of graphene, applications within different scientific disciplines have exploded, with huge gains being made particularly in high-frequency electronics, bio, chemical and magnetic sensors, ultra-wide bandwidth photodetectors, and energy storage and generation.”

—I’ll get to the “anti-anxiety” effects of graphene on the brain in a minute; first a review of the lung issues.

On April 2, 2021, Health Canada issued an advisory, warning people not to “use face masks labelled to contain graphene or biomass graphene.”

Andrew Maynard covers this issue in a medium.com article, “Manufacturers have been using nanotechnology-derived graphene in face masks—now there are safety concerns.”

Those concerns? Masks could create lung problems.

Maynard’s article traces the safety concerns to a Chinese mask manufacturer, Shandong, but points out that millions of graphene-containing masks are in use around the world, produced by a whole host of companies.

Recently, I saw a mask sold to a customer. It was sealed in a plain plastic bag. No manufacturer’s name, no list of materials in the mask, nothing but a bar code. Does the mask contain graphene? No way to know.

The mainstream literature on graphene is ambiguous and far from reassuring: ‘yes, it’s probably toxic to the lungs; perhaps not seriously so; perhaps only temporarily; there are more questions than answers.’

Why have these masks been certified anywhere in the world for public use? Why haven’t the CDC and the WHO made definitive statements about safety concerns? Why didn’t public health agencies, long ago, run/demand definitive tests to see whether, and to what extent, the nanoparticles of graphene detach themselves from various types of masks and enter the body?

At materialstoday.com, we have, “Is graphene safe?”

“But, it is the very nature of graphene that might be cause for concern: thin and lightweight, yet tough and intractable particles are notoriously worrisome in terms of the detrimental effects they can have on our health, particularly when breathed in…”

“Ken Donaldson is a respiratory toxicologist at the University of Edinburgh and he and his colleagues are among the first to raise the warning flag on graphene, at least for nanoscopic platelets of the material. It is not too great a leap of the imagination to imagine how such tiny flakes of carbon might be transported deep within the lungs similar to asbestos fibres and coal dust. Once lodged within, there is no likely mechanism for the removal or break down of such inert particles and they might reside on these sensitive tissues triggering a chronic inflammatory response or interfering with the normal cellular functions.”

Does this make any sane person feel safe about wearing a mask containing graphene particles?

“We have a new idea and a new product. It’s designed to force you to breathe in nanoparticles of graphene. Who knows what’ll happen? Try it and see.”

And now, on top of all that—Are millions of people walking around in a sedated dumbed-down haze, because they’re wearing masks?

(Yes, I know some researchers are making the claim that graphene oxide is contained in COVID vaccines. Their findings definitely call out for further investigation and confirmation.)

A large consortium, funded by the European Union, is conducting research on graphene oxide as an anxiety-reversal agent which affects the brain. The consortium is Graphene Flagship. They write:

“The Graphene Flagship is, along with the Human Brain Project, the first of the European Commission’s Future and Emerging Technology Flagships, whose mission is to address the big scientific and technological challenges of the age through long-term, multidisciplinary research and development efforts.”

They have published an article, “Soothing the symptoms of anxiety with graphene oxide.” Here are key quotes:

“Researchers from Graphene Flagship partners SISSA in Italy, ICN2 in Spain and the University of Manchester in the UK, in collaboration with the Ribeirão Preto Medical School of the University of São Paulo, have discovered that graphene oxide inhibits anxiety-related behaviours in a model study. They found that injecting graphene oxide into a specific region of the brain silences the neurons responsible for anxious behaviour.”

“Laura Ballerini, lead author of the paper and Professor of Physiology at Graphene Flagship partner SISSA, Italy, explains that graphene oxide disables communication between the synapses that cause this type of fear.”

“…’Two days after injecting graphene oxide into a specific region of the mouse’s brain, it behaved like other mice that had never experienced the smell of a cat in their home environment. In other words, graphene oxide inhibited the mouse’s anxiety-related behaviour,’ Ballerini explains.”

“Graphene oxide interrupts anxiety-related neuron signals without affecting the neurons, or the surrounding cells. In simple terms, it only ‘turns down’ the communications between specific neurons. In a disease where these communications are over-expressed, like PTSD and anxiety, targeting the synapses with graphene oxide is enough to halt the development of this pathological behaviour. This is a type of precision medicine.”

“Graphene oxide is naturally eliminated after a few days, as the surrounding tissue digests the material. Ballerini says that, after two days, they did not observe any inflammation, and no traces of graphene oxide remained at all.”

What happens when you walk around all day, day after day, breathing in graphene through a mask?

What happens to your lungs? To your brain? To your feelings? To the quality of your thoughts?

“ANXIOUS ABOUT COVID? ABOUT THE VACCINE? ABOUT YOUR JOB, YOUR FINANCES, YOUR FUTURE? TRY OUR GRAPHENE MASK. IT’LL SOOTHE YOU AND HELP YOU SURENDER TO REALITY AS IT IS, NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS, WITHOUT FEAR.”

In keeping with local laws, I’ve applied for a license to own a mask as a weapon. If I gain approval, I plan to seal it in a glass box and mount it on the wall next to my grenade launcher and Civil War cannonball."

SOURCES:

(rushed sources list; to be indexed)

https://medium.com/edge-of-innovatio...s-b88740547e8c

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...69702112701013

https://graphene-flagship.eu/collabo...hene-flagship/

https://graphene-flagship.eu/graphen...raphene-oxide/
    Each breath a gift...

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

mountain_jim (30th August 2021), Sue (Ayt) (1st September 2021)

33. Link to Post #898
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Feel like having a good puke today?

Then go to this site and click on 'Watch video':

https://www.4ocean.com/pages/face-mask-support-frames

34. Link to Post #899
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    Feel like having a good puke today?

Then go to this site and click on 'Watch video':

https://www.4ocean.com/pages/face-mask-support-frames
    "... facemasks are even increasing pollution in the ocean ... So please help us save the planet today and pay us to consume more plastic ..."
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

35. Link to Post #900
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    “Soothing symptoms of anxiety” with graphene oxide; it’s in millions of masks
    This is not a joke; it’s real
    by Jon Rappoport
    August 30, 2021
    https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021...ions-of-masks/

"... What happens when you walk around all day, day after day, breathing in graphene through a mask?

What happens to your lungs? To your brain? To your feelings? To the quality of your thoughts?

“ANXIOUS ABOUT COVID? ABOUT THE VACCINE? ABOUT YOUR JOB, YOUR FINANCES, YOUR FUTURE? TRY OUR GRAPHENE MASK. IT’LL SOOTHE YOU AND HELP YOU SURENDER TO REALITY AS IT IS, NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GETS, WITHOUT FEAR.” "
    5-10 years from now wouldn't it be terrible if the WHO or CDC made a pronouncement that graphene-laced masks are as harmful as asbestos-laden masks would be?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst 1 35 45 52 LastLast