+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 3 13 52 LastLast

Thread: The face mask discussion

1. Link to Post #41
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: The face mask discussion

I went out just now and bought masks - $15 for 10.

See how it goes? Worn down by peer pressure, not convincing arguments. And here are the fall back positions:
    Why not do this small thing? How can it hurt? Look at how it could even help.
    If you don't like our dictates you can leave. (funny, they themselves are never the ones leaving...as if it is more theirs than mine)
    They did this with the privacy issue as well...What are you doing that you need privacy? A good citizen has nothing to hide. Etc.

I will carry one around to appease the fear-mongers, but I will not wear it unless provoked. I will, however, insist that my wife use one when out, so far I have done all the excursions, because she is at risk with a compromised immune system.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Agape (22nd April 2020), Ivanhoe (23rd April 2020), Kalamos (23rd April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd April 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    Malta Avalon Member
    Thanks

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him Perhaps this quote should have been intended for the COVID situation in mind. It is in part a distraction. The fact is that as far back as September repo markets where in big problems. The PTB can blame COVID for precipitating certain actions by western governments in order to preserve the day to day financial plumbing of the menetary system. Bill would you be willing to interview Francis Hunt on a live stream ? After all Ecuador is an oil producing country
    Last edited by Franny; 22nd April 2020 at 20:06. Reason: Fix formatting

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MalteseKnight For This Post:

TomKat (23rd April 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,205 times in 4,590 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I went out just now and bought masks - $15 for 10.

See how it goes? Worn down by peer pressure, not convincing arguments. And here are the fall back positions:
    Why not do this small thing? How can it hurt? Look at how it could even help.
    If you don't like our dictates you can leave. (funny, they themselves are never the ones leaving...as if it is more theirs than mine)
    They did this with the privacy issue as well...What are you doing that you need privacy? A good citizen has nothing to hide. Etc.

I will carry one around to appease the fear-mongers, but I will not wear it unless provoked. I will, however, insist that my wife use one when out, so far I have done all the excursions, because she is at risk with a compromised immune system.

Cheers and thanks . Good idea. They can be practical under many other circumstances than this one.

Examples...visiting ill or immunocompromised friends, hospital wards, friends with babies , cleaning dirty stuff around bins and in gardens,
    while having to use chemicals - to prevent breathing those chemicals and so on.

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,224 times in 8,550 posts

Quote I went out just now and bought masks - $15 for 10.
    N95? I want that deal - last time I searched $10 each was all I was finding.

I admit I gave up looking after awhile.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

7. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,260 times in 1,397 posts

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    Quote I went out just now and bought masks - $15 for 10.
    N95? I want that deal - last time I searched $10 each was all I was finding.

I admit I gave up looking after awhile.
    I have not tried it but one of my oncologists told me that hepa vacuum bags are high filtration and a regular mask could be greatly improved with one stapled over the outside of it providing they did it correctly. I guess those bags only breath well one way but he said it would greatly improve a regular mask to about as close to an N95 as you could get short of having one. Again I haven't tried it but those bags are sure a lot easier to find if one did want to make some of their own masks and staple those to existing ones or hankies or some other homemade mask by cutting them to shape with scissors to fit existing masks. Just a thought.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

mountain_jim (22nd April 2020), wondering (22nd April 2020)

9. Link to Post #46
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Anyone remembers Ben Laden? Vanished like a fart in the wind. What remains and is upgraded year after year is the surveillance system at airports; today it is worse than a few years ago.
    Same with masks. Expect to be forced to wear one when traveling in the near future. Fast forward to say 2025 when Mr Corona would have vanished like a fart in thin air, passengers will be required to wear one and submit to a humiliating temperature scan of some sort while also being subjected to another humiliating body search, all of this..... for our own safety!

Expect also this non sense to be implemented in stores, markets, gov buildings, even when just going for a walk, etc...

unless the masses get off their ass and do something.
    Last edited by Tomkoyote; 22nd April 2020 at 17:50.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

chrifri (22nd April 2020), DaveToo (22nd April 2020), Holly Lindin (24th April 2020), Peace in Oz (26th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (23rd April 2020), TomKat (23rd April 2020), wondering (22nd April 2020)

11. Link to Post #47
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

All the writing is in Chinese so probably it is not an N95 mask. Got it at the local pharmacy, protection against this infection is the inferred usage. It looks like one, but you know China, the land of the knock-off.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

mountain_jim (22nd April 2020), wondering (22nd April 2020)

13. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 times in 461 posts

Cool Re: The face mask discussion

Why? …. I have not seen any proof that there is a virus...

1. No proof that a virus has been isolated has been provided.( added 4/22 Packaged genetic material has been labeled as sars cov2 but has not been proven pathogenic)

2. There is no test that has been proven valid or reliable for said virus

3. There has been no covid virus proven to be contagious: ie passing Koch's postulates of contagion which are the gold standard in virology and have not been done on the packaged genetic material being labeled as CV 19.

4. I have presented statistical evidence on this forum for:

a. lockdown vs non-lockdown and the results showed that lockdown countries had no statistical significance in lowering death rates - in fact those countries with no lockdown had a lower mortality rates.

b. I also provided a statistical analysis of worldwide mortality rates looking at each country and found that there has been no increase in worldwide mortality rates since 2017.

5. There is an abundance of evidence supporting that death numbers are being greatly inflated.

6. Have the use of wearing masks ever been proven to prevent spread of contagion?

7. Being like everybody else is boring

8 I do not live in Riverside California

9. I just don't look good in a mask!

10. I am young and take care of myself to the utmost degree that I am capable of... (If I wasn't doing that....)

Added later: Not trying to be perceived as an expert - just giving my opinion on why I am not wearing the g damn mask

Dr. Luke Holiday NMD, PT,MOMT

https://londonreal.tv/unmasking-the-...virus+Pandemic
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 29th April 2020 at 22:05.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

chrifri (22nd April 2020), DaveToo (22nd April 2020), East Sun (22nd April 2020), ExomatrixTV (4th March 2021), Holly Lindin (24th April 2020), Jayke (19th July 2020), Rhogar (23rd April 2020), TomKat (23rd April 2020), wegge (23rd April 2020)

15. Link to Post #49
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Well, some people are taking this exactly how I would if I was in the states.....

Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Delight (22nd April 2020), Ernie Nemeth (22nd April 2020), Ivanhoe (23rd April 2020)

17. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,565 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Luke Holiday (here)

No proof that a virus has been isolated has been provided.
    Well, here's some. The virus has been sequenced 1,204 times since December 2019. (Maybe more by the time you read this!)
    I'll leave it to you to read the research papers. I'm sure you will!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Fox (23rd April 2020), Kalamos (23rd April 2020), kudzy (23rd April 2020), onawah (22nd April 2020), Sophocles (23rd April 2020), wondering (22nd April 2020), Yoda (22nd April 2020)

19. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Well, here's some. The virus has been sequenced 1,204 times since December 2019. (Maybe more by the time you read this!)
    I'll leave it to you to read the research papers. I do not feel comfortable will!

So I assume you agree with the rest 2 thru 8? Is it OK to respond if I have a rebuttal.. I am not sure and do not feel comfortable based on what appears to be intended sarcasm? ex. I'm sure you will!
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 22nd April 2020 at 23:58.

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,565 times in 32,726 posts

Is it OK to respond if I have a rebuttal.. I am not sure based on what appears to be intended sarcasm? ex. I'm sure you will!
    Yes, I was making the point. You didn't even try to look. I found all that in about two minutes, maybe three. (And I did read the first paper, too.)

You're making flat statements — "No proof that a virus has been isolated has been provided" — that sound cool and reasonable, but are actually 100% false and incorrect.

Take more care with your posts. You didn't even write "As best I know, no proof that a virus has been isolated has been provided."

You're trying to sound like an authority, and you're not.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (22nd April 2020), Fox (23rd April 2020), Kalamos (23rd April 2020), kudzy (23rd April 2020), leavesoftrees (24th April 2020), Maunagarjana (23rd April 2020), onawah (22nd April 2020), silvanelf (22nd April 2020), Sophocles (23rd April 2020), wondering (22nd April 2020), Yoda (22nd April 2020)

22. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

…so It wasn't sarcasm then?

Your rebuttal seems a bit harsh - but - OK fair point - so it is OK to respond to your statement with an explanation which will add clarity?

Do you agree with 2 thru 8?

Luke
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 23rd April 2020 at 01:43.

23. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,067 times in 3,146 posts

to answer the exact question. I only wear a mask when told i have to, as in stores etc. otherwise no. if its that contagious , you will get it anyway if meant to get it, mask or no mask

d

24. The Following User Says Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Ivanhoe (23rd April 2020)

25. Link to Post #55
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I know this thread is about masks. I also agree they can help contain the spread, although the virus is hardy and can remain intact in the air and solid surfaces, so the air is already contaminated in common areas regardless. Best to keep the mucus secretions up if you know how.

The virus threatens those we love, I am personally affected too. I would rather err on the side of caution for selfish reasons. But this has gone too far. Do not over-sell me with propaganda. Do not try and convince me that the world suddenly cares about its citizens, especially a mere .01%. This is a power move and we had better decide now which future we wish to usher in with our decisions today.

If we care so much about people let's tackle the big killers and leave the small stuff to sort itself out. Let's just all stay indoors forever - I'm sure the feds can send us all money to order online indefinitely...
    As a species made up of many nations and people, we absolutely have to balance the danger of infection and fatality against the almost certain fatality of the economy, if we self isolate for too long. I think it has been important to self isolate for a short duration so the medical system has time to catch up with all the necessary preps, and then stagger a return to work with masks on. Those who are at risk can choose to continue to self isolate or not. It's up to them.

It will be interesting to see how the Swedish herd immunity experiment works out. They are triple the fatalities, per capita of Norway, Denmark and Finland but still relatively low. They are expected to reach herd immunity in a few weeks. That might be the model. But if it is, we have to copy their model of healthy lifestyle, low obesity rates too.

26. Link to Post #56
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,970 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by Tam (here)
    Yes, absolutely, and you should, too.

The principle behind normalizing the wearing of masks isn't to keep you from getting sick. It's to help minimize spread by limiting how many droplets of saliva you expel by simply speaking/breathing, droplets which, if infected, could very well transmit the virus to another person, and so on. Are masks fool-proof? Absolutely not. And nobody is saying they are, either. At least, nobody with basic sense. But they do help. And help isn't hurting anyone. Something is better than nothing.

... Untwist you panties, get those rusted critical thinking gears turning again, and wear a damn mask. It's not like they're used diapers...
    Tam, perhaps you can respond to the question I asked in Post #6?
    I am pasting it here:

"Those who wear or advocate the use of masks by others, think about this.

So far there have allegedly been 176,000 deaths due to Covid-19.
    Each year there are between 350,000-650,000 deaths worldwide due to the seasonal flu.

Both diseases are worldwide pandemics.
    Yet for some strange reason the seasonal flu is largely ignored, while the sexy Covid-19 gets all the paranoid PTB-controlled press.

You are just as likely to become infected by the seasonal flu as you are by Covid-19.

That being the case, I ask those who wear masks now, do you wear one when you go outside during the flu season or do you see others (50% of the population) in your area wearing masks as a protective measure at that time? "

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

chrifri (22nd April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd April 2020)

28. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,430 times in 1,706 posts

I don't but I carry a bandana in case I meet people when I walk my dog in the park. It is for their benefit. I don't want to
    bother people who are scared. We are in fresh air and keep a reasonable distance apart. If someone says Please wear your mask
    I say OK I will for your benefit. Fair enough!
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

29. Link to Post #58
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,970 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    I wear a mask. I interact fine with other people. My freedom is not infringed on by wearing a mask.

Around here, about 75% of people out wear masks of some kind and that number seems to be growing. It has not stopped people from talking or paying each other compliments (or arguing for that matter). In fact, if anything the 6' rule and social distancing has reminded people of basics like holding the door for each other and the need for kindness.
    Do you have 6' length arms?

We are in the middle of a pandemic. People. are. dying. Maybe they would've died later rather than sooner. Maybe the numbers are wrong. SO WHAT?! People are still dying from a contagious disease, and you covering your mouth is a small thing that you can do to help.
    We are in the middle of a pandemic each and every year rainsong!
    The pandemic I am talking about is the seasonal flu.
    It kills 350,000-650,000 people each year!
    Much more than Covid-19 has killed so far.

Do you wear a face mask when you go out for the months that the flu lasts?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Sue (Ayt) (23rd April 2020)

31. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Is it OK to respond if I have a rebuttal.. I am not sure based on what appears to be intended sarcasm? ex. I'm sure you will!
    Yes, I was making the point. You didn't even try to look. I found all that in about two minutes, maybe three. (And I did read the first paper, too.)

You're making flat statements — "No proof that a virus has been isolated has been provided" — that sound cool and reasonable, but are actually 100% false and incorrect.

Take more care with your posts. You didn't even write "As best I know, no proof that a virus has been isolated has been provided."

You're trying to sound like an authority, and you're not.
    Truth be told Bill, I was aware of this study and what the MSM has been stating in this regard.

I am sorry you feel that way Bil, that was not my intention. Just curious, how exactly would you define "expert"? Fauci, Bill gates, the CDC or perhaps the WHO?,

At this point, after reading, listening, posting, researching for most of the last 4 weeks while on lock down - I certainly feel confident debating the issue.

The only reason the statement may sound cool is because it is true. Allow me to explain:

I would like to offer this reply for the sake of discussion and gaining greater clarity on the issue...

This particular study is stating that specific genetic material is being labeled as sars cov 2. ( I was not aware of the name change)

Now in order to prove that the packaged genetic material is in fact something worthwhile: science has to prove that it - is in fact - a contagious pathogen.

Certainly, one would think that would have been done before locking down the whole world.

As I stated in number 3, this has not been done. So, I am arguing that what is being identified in this study can/should only be labeled as packaged genetic material believed to cause the symptom complex called Covid 19 – as yet unproven by “experts”; in other words the pathogen has not been identified.

Interestingly, I would add that this is exactly why the media has been very clever in its vernacular when reporting on anyone of interest dying around the CV 19 moniker. The MSM is stating that the person died after testing positive for CV 19 - not that they have died of CV 19.

I Hope that clears up where I was coming from - on number 1.
    (Yes I probably could’ve worded my original comment better - it was just a quick reflexive reply to the thread topic ie..if I was wearing my mask or not - I will be sure to be more careful next time

I hope this will be perceived in the spirit of discussion - I hold no ill will – nor do I feel any need to be right or perceived as an expert (there is no fun in that - the fun and growth occurs with disagreement) ?– I am simply here to explore, learn and come to clarity on desired issues. I have found that one of the best ways to do this is through conversation (especially polite, non perjorative disagreement) with others 😊.

Blessings

Luke
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 24th April 2020 at 03:07.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (4th March 2021)

33. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Quote Posted by Ivanhoe (here)
    Nope.
    I have a smoker's cough occasionally and I coughed at Home Depot the other day. Man you shoulda seen the looks I got from a couple of people.
    I couldn't help but laugh to myself.
    Paranoia strikes deep. LOL
    Allergy season is about to start in Canada (because of our extreme seasons, it hits hard) -- I'm going to be tarred and feathered, I'm pretty sure ... lol.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Constance (23rd April 2020), Ivanhoe (23rd April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 3 13 52 LastLast