Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst 1 29 39 49 52 LastLast

Thread: The face mask discussion

1. Link to Post #761
    Russian Federation Avalon Member
    Language
    Russian
    Thanks

Default Re: The face mask discussion

Добрый день! Маску надеваю по мере необходимости, если надо зайти в магазин и на работе. И то, на нос маску не надеваю. На работе предупредили, если маска будет надета не полностью, лишат премии. И что же это за вирус такой, что наши правители сами не носят маски?

Mod note from Bill: Denis is a most welcome new member from Russia, and he now knows he should be posting here in English, which he actually writes well. (Or else few people here will be able to understand him!)
    It's very interesting to get face mask news from his country. Here's a translation:

~~~
    Hello there! I put on the mask as needed if I need to go to the store and at work. And then, I don't put the mask over my nose. But at work, they warned us that if the mask isn't fully worn, we'll lose our bonus.
    And what kind of virus is it that our rulers themselves don't wear masks?
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 5th January 2021 at 12:22.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Denis For This Post:

Anna70 (30th January 2021), Bill Ryan (5th January 2021), Blacklight43 (3rd February 2021), ExomatrixTV (9th January 2021), Franny (28th January 2021), graciousb (10th January 2021), Gwin Ru (5th January 2021), Philippe (5th January 2021), thepainterdoug (30th January 2021), Tintin (29th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #762
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,665 times in 20,818 posts

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Reinhard (30th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #763
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 times in 711 posts

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)
    when they get me to wear a mask they see me like this

When I wear a mask I see myself like this

we are currently in a war, like the protesters in Hong Kong we may come to appreciate the anonymity of the mask.

At this time they will probably agree with the science you are presenting.

Long game!
    That's great

Yes, I do the very same psychologically when I wear one (think Lawrence of Arabia ). I purposefully minimise wherever I can any situations that require me too as well and never for very long - twice for 20 minutes a time on a short bus commute is as bad as it gets for me and that is still broken up with a good mile and half walk in between to work and back again to the bus in the evenings; three miles of exercise in all.

Fortunately we also have outdoor markets still operating here, and a weekly delivery of organic vegetables that I'm signed up tor receiving so that further minimises dependence upon supermarkets for everything. Where possible I tend to shop only twice a month for supermarket related goods.
    I observe that there is a great deal of support for the "democracy protest" in HK of 2019 everywhere in the west. I understand that the information is biased and manipulated that this is similar to the Hong Kong people's sentiment in support of Biden (anyone not Trump). Make no mistake, it was a CIA sponsored color revolution. I was in HK and knew how irrational it was, and how biased the news was reported even in local TV.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

Franny (28th January 2021), Gwin Ru (9th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #764
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,456 times in 4,332 posts

Face masks – “14 randomized controlled trials did not support a substantial effect on transmission”

by Robert
    January 8, 2021

The above quote is from the CDC. And look at this graph showing the difference between South Dakota (no mask mandate) vs Montana (mask mandate)

I don’t see much difference, do you?

“MASK MANDATES : So glad to see we are following the peer-reviewed science and the evidence on masks,” says Craig Kelly.
    “Why is it that those that most loudly campaign against Ivermectin & HCQ + Zinc, claiming there is ‘’not enough evidence’’, are the biggest supporters of mask mandates despite the lack of evidence to support them ?”
    In case you can’t read the highlighted portion of the above paper, it says, “Although mechanistic studies support the potential effect of hand hygiene or face masks, evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.”
    https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Franny (28th January 2021), graciousb (10th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (29th January 2021), Peace in Oz (28th January 2021), Tintin (28th January 2021), wondering (29th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #765
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

So now people that are working are ordered to wear "2" masks. I am going to lose workers over this. Who wants to try to work when they can't breathe?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Blacklight43 (3rd February 2021), Franny (28th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (29th January 2021), Peace in Oz (28th January 2021), Tintin (29th January 2021), wondering (29th January 2021)

11. Link to Post #766
    United States Avalon Member Stac(i)'s Avatar
    Thanks

As someone with an autoimmune disorder, I have been happily and comfortably wearing a KN-95 mask covered by a cloth mask for the last 3 months.

I think that we underestimate humanities ability to be versatile and compassionate when offered that as an alternative. I think anticipating your employees will be on board for helping your business get through this while staying open, and helping to reduce the spread is the ideal mindset to move forward with.

Also, there is a reason I switched from a cloth face mask to doubling up. It was looking at the clinical studies that convinced me that the cloth mask was not enough. Imagine if we had been encouraged as a country to adequately, and completed mask up from the beginning. Would be have lost as many people, or businesses?

I do recognize that my argument really hinges on the reader having also read the studies done on the effectiveness of masks, and not just listened to the memes and yelling online. Because if you don't believe that GOOD maks will limit the spread of this illness, then I am just spitting into the wind.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stac(i) For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (29th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (29th January 2021), Mark (5th February 2021), Tintin (29th January 2021), wondering (29th January 2021)

13. Link to Post #767
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,059 times in 2,419 posts

Quote Posted by Stac(i) (here)
    As someone with an autoimmune disorder, I have been happily and comfortably wearing a KN-95 mask covered by a cloth mask for the last 3 months.

I think that we underestimate humanities ability to be versatile and compassionate when offered that as an alternative. I think anticipating your employees will be on board for helping your business get through this while staying open, and helping to reduce the spread is the ideal mindset to move forward with.

Also, there is a reason I switched from a cloth face mask to doubling up. It was looking at the clinical studies that convinced me that the cloth mask was not enough. Imagine if we had been encouraged as a country to adequately, and completed mask up from the beginning. Would be have lost as many people, or businesses?

I do recognize that my argument really hinges on the reader having also read the studies done on the effectiveness of masks, and not just listened to the memes and yelling online. Because if you don't believe that GOOD maks will limit the spread of this illness, then I am just spitting into the wind.
    Interesting juxtaposition of concepts there when discussing wearing a mask: "spitting into the wind." Seems that would be impossible to do with a mask on. May we assume you will remove your mask before you do that?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

DaveToo (21st February 2021), Tintin (29th January 2021), wondering (29th January 2021)

15. Link to Post #768
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

I respect that many people feel safer with masks. However, germ theory intersects with terrain theory with 5G with innate immunity to form a picture that is far from clear. The biggest problem I see with masks is that states with stringent lockdowns and mask mandates are NOT doing better than those without.. here in Florida, outside of the big cities, mask wearing is non existent and I believe we are 26th in the nation for deaths per 100,000- despite the prevalence of seniors above age 60.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

Satori (29th January 2021), thepainterdoug (30th January 2021), Tintin (29th January 2021)

17. Link to Post #769
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Quote Posted by syrwong (here)

we are currently in a war, like the protesters in Hong Kong we may come to appreciate the anonymity of the mask.

Long game!
    That's great

Yes, I do the very same psychologically when I wear one (think Lawrence of Arabia ). I purposefully minimise wherever I can any situations that require me too as well and never for very long - twice for 20 minutes a time on a short bus commute is as bad as it gets for me and that is still broken up with a good mile and half walk in between to work and back again to the bus in the evenings; three miles of exercise in all.

Fortunately we also have outdoor markets still operating here, and a weekly delivery of organic vegetables that I'm signed up tor receiving so that further minimises dependence upon supermarkets for everything. Where possible I tend to shop only twice a month for supermarket related goods.
    I observe that there is a great deal of support for the "democracy protest" in HK of 2019 everywhere in the west. I understand that the information is biased and manipulated that this is similar to the Hong Kong people's sentiment in support of Biden (anyone not Trump). Make no mistake, it was a CIA sponsored color revolution. I was in HK and knew how irrational it was, and how biased the news was reported even in local TV.
    Not my experience of talking to my extensive contacts in Hong Kong. My father lived there for 20 years.

Please do not demean people's genuine fight against a totalitarian regime, something that the Biden administration seems to be modeling their vision for America on.

I shall be curious to your future posts syrwong.
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 29th January 2021 at 23:51.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

18. Link to Post #770
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 times in 711 posts

Quote Posted by syrwong (here)

Long game!
    That's great

Not my experience of talking to my extensive contacts in Hong Kong. My father lived there for 20 years.

Please do not demean people's genuine fight against a totalitarian regime, something that the Biden administration seems to be modeling their vision for America on.

I shall be curious to your future posts syrwong.
    There is ample evidence of foreign involvement in the Yellow (Umbrella) Revolution/Riot two years ago. There were photographs/videos of white man briefing on the young leaders, videos of protesters given paid in the streets. Lots and lots of money and coordination are necessary for the protests. The protest operations were so huge that they could not be spontaneous acts from the students and young protesters. They would not have the know-how and money to do it.
    Of course I cannot show you the proof. Nothing is proof because there is always censorship, counter-proof and "fact checking". I know it is futile to argue over the validity of even a simple event. So let us not dwell into it.

You would be correct saying you have extensive connections believing it is a genuine revolution. Hong Kong is deeply into two camps. The Yellow and the Blue. Almost no one can stand in the middle. Fathers quarrelled with their sons and daughters. Friends became enemies. This is not an exaggeration. What could have brought this extreme schism? Fanning flames from the media and well planned psyop-warfare. A divided country/society is incapacitated, dysfunctioned. It cannot resist any real external challenge.

What really happened in HK is like ages ago and is not important now. The whole world is turning to authoritarianism and worse, depopulation and dehumanism. That’s what we should be united to fight against.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

happyuk (6th February 2021), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2021)

20. Link to Post #771
    Language
    Thanks

source
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Anna70 (3rd February 2021), Franny (2nd February 2021), Patient (3rd February 2021), wondering (3rd February 2021)

22. Link to Post #772
    France Avalon Member
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,375 times in 354 posts

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/fam...?ocid=msedgntp

Dr Fauci says it's 'possible' CDC will recommend double-masking

I hesitated to waste your time with this insanity, but here it is.
    As their game is plunging down we will see more crazier stuff happening. They will literally transform before our eyes in insane asylum inmates.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Philippe For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (5th February 2021)

24. Link to Post #773
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

(Another) great bit of satire on the current mask wearing buffoonery from UK-based American comic Will Franken.

His mastery of UK accents is also awesome.

The reason I will not wear a mask is because it has nothing to do with reducing the probability of transmission of a virus.

And when a government can make you wear a mask, (seemingly not minding how used, filthy and stained it could possibly be), it can make you do anything.
    Last edited by happyuk; 3rd February 2021 at 22:30.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Delight (3rd February 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (5th February 2021), Patient (4th February 2021)

26. Link to Post #774
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    (Another) great bit of satire on the current mask wearing buffoonery from UK-based American comic Will Franken.

His mastery of UK accents is also awesome.

The reason I will not wear a mask is because it has nothing to do with reducing the probability of transmission of a virus.

And when a government can make you wear a mask, (seemingly not minding how used, filthy and stained it could possibly be), it can make you do anything.
    I always have liked Will Franken. This long video is full of great moments of (dark because the current landscape IS dark) humor and worth the listen.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

happyuk (4th February 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (5th February 2021), Patient (4th February 2021)

28. Link to Post #775
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: The face mask discussion

• 'New Normal' Mass Brainwashing For Kids

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 5th February 2021 at 20:41.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Eva2 (5th February 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (5th February 2021)

30. Link to Post #776
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Mask Whistleblowers TELL ALL
    2/6/21

"Masks: There are some jobs that require them:

Nail Technicians
    Painters
    Medical Professionals
    Clean Room Technician

But, since the pandemic, the purpose and use of a mask has drastically changed.

People now wear them all day, every day... to ‘protect them from a virus.’

Have you stopped to think if your mask is even doing its job?

Yes, I'm talking about that crumpled up ball of cloth sitting in your center console that you grudgingly put on as you enter your local supermarket.

Yes, I’m talking about the same mask that OSHA has rules and regulations for!

Why?

Because through YEARS and YEARS of study we have learned that masks, if not worn correctly, will do more harm than good.

OSHA magically and suddenly changed their stance on masks in the face of C0V!D.

They just threw away decades of data.

Have you done any research or have you just followed the crowd? Are you scared? Do you think masks will protect you?

Now is your chance to get educated. See what two EXPERTS on masks think about your everyday use of a mask:"
    https://vrevealed.com/covid/sneak-peek/meghan-clark/

Dr. Patrick Gentempo

"P.S. I have to wonder why YouTube banned their video educating the public about masks. And why on earth these two highly credentialed, OSHA, NIOSH experts are now suddenly having their credentials questioned and audited…

See what they say HERE:
    https://vrevealed.com/covid/sneak-peek/meghan-clark/
    or watch on youtube:"
    Each breath a gift...

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Blacklight43 (6th February 2021), Dorjezigzag (6th February 2021)

32. Link to Post #777
    Language
    Thanks

Angry Re: The face mask discussion

• Brainwashing Children 101

• 7,084,657 views since Sep 8, 2020 and the brainwash channel for children has 45.4M subscribers
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 17th February 2021 at 21:16.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

pueblo (17th February 2021), thepainterdoug (17th February 2021)

34. Link to Post #778
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

what a repulsive piece of garbage. sickening

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Constance (21st February 2021), Ernie Nemeth (18th February 2021), ExomatrixTV (18th February 2021)

36. Link to Post #779
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 times in 639 posts

Bluegreen
    "I wear one when I go to the store because I want to be polite"

Polite?

So if your mandated to wear a gasmask, a clown costume, and walk backwards for no obvious threat or reason , you would still do that to "be polite" ?

Sorry BG If you thought me being offensive, I am not. This forum is open for questions stil, so ...
    Last edited by Rawhide68; 21st February 2021 at 01:08.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Blacklight43 (21st February 2021), Bluegreen (21st February 2021)

38. Link to Post #780
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,169 times in 10,102 posts

Quote Posted by Rawhide68 (here)
    So if your mandated to wear a gasmask, a clown costume, and walk backwards for no obvious threat or reason , you would still do that to "be polite" ?
    If it was mandated by the authorities, yes, I would do that, though probably wouldn't leave the house much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst 1 29 39 49 52 LastLast