1. Link to Post #81
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: The face mask discussion

Quote Posted by YoYoYo (here)
    The Burka comes with an implicit view that mans lust is a womens responsibility, and cascading in with that comes segregation between men and women. I would wear a mask to fit in, but I'd personally draw the line at segregation between men and women
    Don't mean to offend anyone but personally i find Burka extremely terrible, i don't even know where to start explaining it. It's horrible just thinking you have to hide away to be "acceptable" in some unknown terms someone else figured out for you, without even asking you about it

And some of the victims of this oppression believe this is "Freedom" is impossibly far away from any logic.

"I'm free to choose my own hell and how it will be administered from now on"

WTF
    Tired

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd April 2020), DaveToo (23rd April 2020), greybeard (23rd April 2020), Holly Lindin (24th April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020), Matthew (23rd April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd April 2020), wondering (23rd April 2020)

3. Link to Post #82
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

The UK has a healthy if low tech mittelstand of companies that are more than capable of ramping up production of all protective equipment items.

Plenty of manufacturers complain that the government is not responding to offers of supply, so it appears there is a bottleneck at the purchasing end, ie Matt Hancock's department (Health Secretary).

Mr Hancock is being presented in the media as increasingly incompetent, but there is more to this, Hancock has involvements in the health and pharma industries including Porton Biotech. Porton Down is the centre of the UK biowarfare cluster.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...ficant-control

He is also linked to PPE production companies allegedly.

When a viral epidemic starts it is simply common sense to curtail travel of all kinds. Arrivals should be quarantined as they used to. this pandemic occurred because flights were not stopped early enough, despite many people suggesting it.

lackof action on this point strikes me as a huge negligence leading to thousands of deaths.

if spurious accusations of racism contributed to state hesitation to lock down flights then that is a serious chunk of karma for those people making such accusations.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

greybeard (23rd April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020), Mashika (23rd April 2020), wondering (23rd April 2020)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    Here in OK it's hilarious so far! Women I see all the time in town are frequently seen now with their full mask attire and a can of Lysol while they shop and if you violate the social distance rule as far as they are concerned they simply spray you without saying a word! You just get zapped and I watched the one douse a couple others in the store that day going down the isle! What I find particularly offensive is when someone expects someone with their back turned to know they are too close! If you are the one that can see and you are too close then you are the one too close not the one not seeing you behind him! Some people are just focused too much on "I" thinking the entire world has to yield to them though!
    Looks like you'll need your own spray can to spray them back. That would be a hilarious news clip!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Holly Lindin (24th April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020), Philippe (23rd April 2020)

7. Link to Post #84
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

I just had a funny thought.....or is it?

What if they want to create a masked public as part of the occultists coming out into the open, so they are still facially hidden in public. Ya know, those eyes wide shut people. Eventually we can have a bunch of darth vader's walking around without being suspicious looking lol.

Another interesting point is how the masks will work with the facial recognition technology. Heck , we might all want to wear them soon enough. Create a paranoid public setting where everyone goes outside incognito.

They are also gearing up revolutionaries with their masks for when/if this goes to the streets.

I am in an asian country where masks are required outdoors. I was really tempted to buy a halloween mask and walk around with that thing on. lol I wonder how they wouldve liked that
    Last edited by Merkaba360; 23rd April 2020 at 12:21.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd April 2020), chrifri (24th April 2020), EFO (23rd April 2020), Holly Lindin (24th April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020), Philippe (23rd April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd April 2020), wondering (23rd April 2020)

9. Link to Post #85
    Madagascar Avalon Member silvanelf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 times in 299 posts

Quote Posted by Luke Holiday (here)
    4. I have presented statistical evidence on this forum for:

a. lockdown vs non-lockdown and the results showed that lockdown countries had no statistical significance in lowering death rates - in fact those countries with no lockdown had a lower mortality rates.

b. I also provided a statistical analysis of worldwide mortality rates looking at each country and found that there has been no increase in worldwide mortality rates since 2017.

5. There is an abundance of evidence supporting that death numbers are being greatly inflated.
    You are averaging out the mortality rates by looking at each country as a whole . In other words: your "statistical analysis" is meaningless. You have to consider smaller regions separately; for example here are the statistics about the deaths per month in the city of Bergamo over the last ten years:

Quote As hospitals become overcrowded, patients are being asked to stay at home until they display the most serious symptoms. Many will die in their houses or nursing homes and may not even be counted as Covid-19 cases unless they’re tested post-mortem.

Last week, two researchers from northern Italy made this point forcefully when looking at Nembro, a small town near Bergamo that has been very severely hit by the outbreak. Writing in Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera they found there had been 158 deaths in the town in 2020 so far, as opposed to 35 on average in the previous five years. They noted that Nembro had only counted 31 deaths from Covid-19, which looks like an underestimate.

In other towns nearby, including Bergamo itself, the trend seemed identical. The researchers made the point that the only reliable indicator in the end will be “excess deaths” — namely, how many more people have died in total compared to a “normal” year.

Death per month in Bergamo over the last ten years*

bigger image
    https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/0...difficult.html
    Last edited by silvanelf; 23rd April 2020 at 15:25.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

Hym (23rd April 2020), wondering (23rd April 2020)

11. Link to Post #86
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,203 times in 437 posts

I just ordered one of these ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-www.amazon.de-2020.04.23-14_44_17.png
Views:	111
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	43384  
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

DaveToo (23rd April 2020), EFO (23rd April 2020), greybeard (23rd April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020), Philippe (23rd April 2020)

13. Link to Post #87
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Here in OK it's hilarious so far! Women I see all the time in town are frequently seen now with their full mask attire and a can of Lysol while they shop and if you violate the social distance rule as far as they are concerned they simply spray you without saying a word! You just get zapped and I watched the one douse a couple others in the store that day going down the isle! What I find particularly offensive is when someone expects someone with their back turned to know they are too close! If you are the one that can see and you are too close then you are the one too close not the one not seeing you behind him! Some people are just focused too much on "I" thinking the entire world has to yield to them though!
    I wouldn't characterize that as hilarious.
    Wearing or not wearing a mask is a personal choice.
    Spraying someone with Lysol is a physical assault.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

chrifri (24th April 2020), Holly Lindin (24th April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020)

15. Link to Post #88
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,273 times in 1,398 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    I wouldn't characterize that as hilarious.
    Wearing or not wearing a mask is a personal choice.
    Spraying someone with Lysol is a physical assault.
    Right. It's called sarcasm!
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Hym (23rd April 2020)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,340 times in 472 posts

Quote Posted by Michi (here)
    I just ordered one of these ...
    Whoa Nellie!

I would freak out if someone in that get-up was coming toward me....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Le Chat For This Post:

Hym (23rd April 2020), Michi (23rd April 2020)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,033 times in 910 posts

I would strongly advise those societies to only allow women to carry weapons, then have a mandatory law where only men are required to wear burkas and could only talk in those falsetto voices as close as possible to Monty Python in drag.

The burka is the ultimate in the objectification of women and a moving, living monument to the ignorance of manipulated and weakened men, all flaccid, organ monkeyed chimps and their pimps.

Knowing how manipulated women are from the earliest ages and so easily discarded when judged by some unholy norm, some unnatural model, I see it the saddest and most compelling comment to recognize that many women would gladly be removed of any external social burden and be received as just who they are and who THEY want to be.

The burkas in western society are the masked models that women are pressured into wearing, covered by cosmetics, trending hair styles, trending clothes and the even more repressive trending attitudes, all not heart created expressions of their inner beauties.

Wear all the things you want to or none. Women sure don't need any men telling them what to do, nor especially not other women and some grotesque media sales model or social influencer shaming them into complying with their twisted projections, only to sell something or get some hits off of the media crack button.

And please, don't encourage abusive systems to do a study on the protection that burkas provide in defense from catching a flu.
    Last edited by Hym; 1st June 2020 at 18:12.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

DaveToo (23rd April 2020), EFO (23rd April 2020), greybeard (23rd April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd April 2020)

21. Link to Post #91
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

There have been a number epidemics and pandemics in the past all over the planet and there has never been even the slightest hint or suggestion that wearing masks would solve the issue even a tiny bit. Why? Because it is a nonsense; it solves nothing. In the past, a nonsense remained a nonsense. In 2020 this nonsense has become 'common sense.'
    The brilliant minds who peddled the 50,000 dead here and 300,000 infected there, continue to peddle nonsense in trying to show graphs 'proving' that wearing masks has brought down the number of infected.

Wearing a mask is a sure sign of weak thinking and submission; that's how I see it anyway.

As I posted somewhere on this forum...
    >> Enjoy your 60 day free trial of Fascism 2.0; the next version will be faster, more detailed and more powerful. <<

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

chrifri (24th April 2020), DaveToo (23rd April 2020), EFO (23rd April 2020), greybeard (23rd April 2020), Holly Lindin (24th April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020), Michi (23rd April 2020)

23. Link to Post #92
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by Tomkoyote (here)
    There have been a number epidemics and pandemics in the past all over the planet and there has never been even the slightest hint or suggestion that wearing masks would solve the issue even a tiny bit. Why? Because it is a nonsense; it solves nothing. In the past, a nonsense remained a nonsense. In 2020 this nonsense has become 'common sense.'
    The brilliant minds who peddled the 50,000 dead here and 300,000 infected there, continue to peddle nonsense in trying to show graphs 'proving' that wearing masks has brought down the number of infected.

Wearing a mask is a sure sign of weak thinking and submission; that's how I see it anyway.

>> Enjoy your 60 day free trial of Fascism 2.0; the next version will be faster, more detailed and more powerful. <<
    A quick search shows this to be false. The search parameters for the link are from April 2012 to April 2019, just to eliminate any recent stories trying to manipulate the current subject.

Here's one article from 2017:
    Flashback: Spanish Flu Mask
    Quote People were asked to wear masks, usually made out of fabric, in public as a first line of defense against contracting and transmitting the disease, and were denied admittance to streetcars, offices, and other public places if mask-less.
    That didn't last for that long, so the idea that it's some prelude to some permanent mask-wearing-thing doesn't hold water for me.

Neither do I see any correlation between wearing a mask for medical purposes and fascism of any degree. You may see it as "weak thinking and submission." I see it as helping others. I see it as a positive thing.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Hym (23rd April 2020), Sophocles (23rd April 2020), Zionbrion (24th April 2020)

25. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by rainsong (here)
    I wear a mask. I interact fine with other people. My freedom is not infringed on by wearing a mask.

Around here, about 75% of people out wear masks of some kind and that number seems to be growing. It has not stopped people from talking or paying each other compliments (or arguing for that matter). In fact, if anything the 6' rule and social distancing has reminded people of basics like holding the door for each other and the need for kindness.
    Do you have 6' length arms?

We are in the middle of a pandemic. People. are. dying. Maybe they would've died later rather than sooner. Maybe the numbers are wrong. SO WHAT?! People are still dying from a contagious disease, and you covering your mouth is a small thing that you can do to help.
    We are in the middle of a pandemic each and every year rainsong!
    The pandemic I am talking about is the seasonal flu.
    It kills 350,000-650,000 people each year!
    Much more than Covid-19 has killed so far.

Do you wear a face mask when you go out for the months that the flu lasts?
    I feel like you're trying to avoid the issue or guilt-trip or just argue for the sake of arguing. Nothing you have said changes the fact that covering your mouth is a small thing that you can do and it does save lives.

Maybe we should have been doing this a long time ago wrt to the flu! Doesn't change what's happening now. Doesn't change that it helps NOW.

To me, this is a non-issue, so I probably won't engage further. I just cannot get behind the attitude of not only refusing to wear a mask but also encouraging others to not do so. It is a very simple act of compassion that costs very little.
    Let me be clear, because it seems I have been misunderstood.

If another person chooses to wear a face mask, all the power to them!
    They have the right to do so.

They shouldn't try to lay a guilt trip on others who don't want to wear one.
    Agreed, and it occurred to me that I may have come across as attempting to guilt-trip others. Not my intention! I don't necessarily agree with with a lot of the reasoning that's being given behind not wearing it. But my disagreement isn't an attempt at guilt-tripping, sorry if it came across like that.

Quote A big point I want to make and have been trying to make.
    The seasonal flu kills more people than this virus has.
    The seasonal flu is a deadly virus. It goes pandemic each year.

Why haven't governments advised people to wear masks at the start of each flu season each year?
    Why don't you see people wearing masks, on their own, each flu season?
    Masks have been worn during other pandemics. It's not something broadly done in recent in flu-history, but there is precedence. People have been discouraged from taking charge of their health and the health of their communities for quite some time. Not wearing masks is at least in part, a symptom of that.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

EFO (23rd April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020), Sophocles (23rd April 2020)

27. Link to Post #94
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Catching the flu --cold-- a virus actually strengthens the immune system.
    Protecting people is a double edged sword.
    By all means protect the frail and vulnerable but untold harm is being done to the life blood of the economy --the NHS and others need money to function -- where will the money come from with a greatly reduced economy.

Look what happened when the south American tribes met invaders fort he first time -- their immune system had no experience of even the common cold-- they were dying in large numbers -- the invaders hardly affected.
    Getting this virus is not necessarily a bad thing, it prepares the immune system for the next one.
    No heard immunity, many more will die next time.
    Kindness kills.

The immune system is greatly compromised by fear -- thats a medical fact-- there has been so much media hypethat It would not surprise me if this fear generated is responsible for more deaths and the suicide rate will escalate.

What about young couples who thought they had a relatively secure future, a mortgage and a young family.
    How many millions unemployed already in the USA alone?
    Not a great deal of thought being given to the repercussions of all this.
    Im not a David Icke fan but this time Im listening to him.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ClearWater (23rd April 2020), DaveToo (23rd April 2020), EFO (23rd April 2020), Holly Lindin (24th April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020), Sue (Ayt) (23rd April 2020), TargeT (23rd April 2020), thepainterdoug (23rd April 2020)

29. Link to Post #95
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Greybeard, agreed. Look ,its nature, we need to stand up to new viruses with our own immune system. thats what makes us able to thrive and resist sickenesses as new viruses will always be coming out.
    you get sick, build immunity and go on. thats how it works.

is a forest fire a good or bad thing? they happen and cleane out the forest for new life.
    its us that names these things disasters. yes human disasters. but nature just keeps going. and we need good immune systems to fight a hard enviorment

this being said , im aware and sensitive to others and their fears, so i carry a mask with me and use when appropriate or i have to.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

ClearWater (23rd April 2020), DaveToo (23rd April 2020), greybeard (23rd April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020)

31. Link to Post #96
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

That didn't last for that long, so the idea that it's some prelude to some permanent mask-wearing-thing doesn't hold water for me.
    Really?
    One of my client is a travel agency. One of the agents told me this morning that Westjet has just released a statement saying that from now on passengers are required to wear a mask before boarding the plane, once flights resume.

Enjoy your mask.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

DaveToo (23rd April 2020), greybeard (23rd April 2020), Holly Lindin (24th April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020), TargeT (23rd April 2020)

33. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

My wife and I wore masks our entire careers! Mostly they keep your fingers and hands from getting to your own mouth infecting yourself and they prevent sneezes and coughs from reaching the normal distances of 12 feet or more cutting that by 2/3rds the distance. Most people are stupid when it comes to infection control and they know absolutely nothing about cross contamination as you apparently don't know anything about it coming in here like you have authority on the matter but you don't. We worked in dentistry our entire lives through many flu seasons and I can assure you from personal experience that masks do indeed work to reduce cross contamination this is not nonsense.

The other fallacy that flat pisses me off is people going on and on about people driving their cars wearing a mask! Let me teach you a little bit from my experience. You open that new N95 you just paid upwards of 15 bucks a piece for you want to get max life out of it right? Well, taking that mask on and off is what wears it out not wearing it. From the moment you open that mask you have on average 10 to 30 on and offs with it before one of the bands snaps and it needs replaced. Therefore you keep the dang thing on and you wear it because that makes it last not just a little longer but a whole lot longer!

Most contamination of a work area is done with the hands. It has nothing to do with breathing or coughing or sneezing it has to do with picking your nose unconsciously, wiping your nose, touching your mouth, or your face and quite simply the masks prevent these areas from being unconsciously contaminated.
    Last edited by Ratszinger; 23rd April 2020 at 18:59.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

ClearWater (23rd April 2020), Hym (23rd April 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd April 2020)

35. Link to Post #98
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    26 million people...US unemployment is now the highest since Great Depression in the 1930s... and uhh.. btw, we are starting to destroy food now, just like they did in the great depression....

Chris
    Really? this doesn't seem a little forced? why is there clearly an effort to push fear porn & almost encourage over reaction?

This seems like it could be very planned out & crippling the globe is a very good first step for any "global savior" (AKA NWO)...

seems like, anyway....

Lazy thinking at least..... I agree

I can assure you from personal experience that masks do indeed work to reduce cross contamination this is not nonsense.

I am not questioning the efficacy of masks (generally it's to protect OTHERS though, not your self... at least in this boring dystopia).

I don't think that was Tom's point either.
    Last edited by TargeT; 23rd April 2020 at 19:18.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DaveToo (23rd April 2020), Hym (24th April 2020)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    26 million people...US unemployment is now the highest since Great Depression in the 1930s...

Chris
    Really? this doesn't seem a little forced? why is there clearly an effort to push fear porn & almost encourage over reaction?

This seems like it could be very planned out & crippling the globe is a very good first step for any "global savior" (AKA NWO)...

seems like, anyway....

Lazy thinking at least..... I agree

I can assure you from personal experience that masks do indeed work to reduce cross contamination this is not nonsense.

I am not questioning the efficacy of masks (generally it's to protect OTHERS though, not your self... at least in this boring dystopia).

I don't know where you got the idea it was to protect others. Its personal protective gear not the other way around. IF they want protection they wear one also. You wear goggles to protect your eyes not everyone else's and you wear a mask to protect your entry points. The fact that the mask can also aid in reducing the distance of sneezes or coughs is just a bonus but not the primary reason or benefit of having it.

In times of plenty a new mask was used for each patient but they have to keep and wear and disinfect the same masks now and some nurses and doctors are expected to work without their own personal protection.

Those nurses quitting over not having a mask are not quitting because they are worried about the patients not having protection. They are quitting because the mask isn't there to protect them and they refused to work in an unsafe environment..

This forum with the too busy server even when trying to edit your own post is very frustrating Bill! You've outgrown your server!
    Last edited by Ratszinger; 23rd April 2020 at 19:49.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Hym (24th April 2020)

39. Link to Post #100
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

I don't know where you got the idea it was to protect others. Its personal protective gear not the other way around. IF they want protection they wear one also. You wear goggles to protect your eyes not everyone else's and you wear a mask to protect your entry points.

I was a bit obtuse and playing with words when I said "this boring dystopia" I meant the current situation which allows for cloth home-made masks as allowable under official guidance.

That's where I got the idea from.... the CDC/WHO & other organizations I listen to with a huge grain of salt.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Hym (24th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 1 5 15 52 LastLast