1. Link to Post #161
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

Default Re: The face mask discussion

I was forced to wear one to get a pedicure or else my girls would have their businesses shut down. The girls in the salon were so hot under the mask, constantly pulling it down to down water because it does dehydrate you, and of course being angry about wearing one while they cut hair and polish nails. So this was my first time. I had it on for one hour and by the time I was driven home, I felt so faint, dizzy and nauseous. I knew it was about me breathing in too much carbon dioxide. Those elastics that wrap around your ears? Pinched and hurt. So that was my experience. The End.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

ClearWater (12th May 2020), DaveToo (11th May 2020), earthdreamer (13th May 2020), Hym (10th May 2020), justntime2learn (13th May 2020), Sue (Ayt) (12th May 2020), Valerie Villars (11th May 2020)

3. Link to Post #162
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

I am in south of Thailand right now and I will tell you that I am not wearing mask in my daily life, but I was denied entrance at the supermarket, the office of electric bill and a major shopping center (anyway they are closed now). Small shops seems like nobody is using mask and I prefer to buy my groceries with them.
    I keep one mask in the gloves compartment of my car just in case like I described above and also I had seen some local "city people" complaining about foreign not using mask, another day one lady gave me that look and it was not the pretty look face!
    Anyway I do not go outside that much, in my case I will complain with the local authorities because I am guest in their country and I do not want any sort of problem.
    I went to the beach to swim last few days and a police officer said it is not allowed to swim these days, offender may face jail time or a fine of 100.000,00 baht ($3.150,00).
    That's the situation here, should I wear or not a mask?
    I do use when I have to, no big deal for me to keep myself out of trouble.
    Last edited by palehorse; 11th May 2020 at 08:26. Reason: grammar fix
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

DaveToo (11th May 2020), justntime2learn (13th May 2020), Philippe (11th May 2020), Valerie Villars (11th May 2020)

5. Link to Post #163
    Great Britain Avalon Member dawnawakeningfreespirit's Avatar
    Thanks

100 % believe a mask is more harmful than breathing without restrictions. My common sense tells me we develop stronger immune systems if we
    A) Do not submit to fear
    B) Breathe out whatever air we have taken in
    Obviously in cases of a gas pollution or dense smoke a mask with oxygen would be ideal. I am in the UK & in all honesty it has become like a fashion show, some have little elephants prints made of cloth, others are full blown Darth Vadar type thing with filters .. from a source I have read- Allegedly this virus lives for quarter to half a day on skin (unwashed) 3 Days on plastic & 1 day on metal ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dawnawakeningfreespirit For This Post:

happyuk (17th May 2020)

7. Link to Post #164
    Great Britain Avalon Member dawnawakeningfreespirit's Avatar
    Thanks

I forgot my most vital point - do you feel this has something to do with facial recognition? Are they testing it out with the new wave of camera & 5g tech being installed to see if we were masked ie protesters they could still recognise us? .... I did have this thought cross my mind...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dawnawakeningfreespirit For This Post:

chrifri (17th May 2020)

9. Link to Post #165
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I was watching the daily Corona Update this evening. All the reporters, that I saw, were touching their masks repeatedly. A lot of good that does.

In my area, I have noticed about 50% or less are wearing something. I do not. I figure if I distance myself, take my vitamins, and wash my hands often, I should be OK. I also do not talk to strangers in the stores anymore. Smile and nod.

I want to know. For the folks that wear a mask of some kind..... what info do you want to hear before you STOP wearing a mask in public? How do we go back to face-to-face, handshaking normal?? Just wondering.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Floating For This Post:

chrifri (17th May 2020)

11. Link to Post #166
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,847 times in 1,072 posts

I've not washed my hands a single time more than usual since this Orwellian pantomime started.

So far, so good.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermoor For This Post:

Blacklight43 (17th May 2020), greybeard (18th May 2020), Tomkoyote (13th May 2020)

13. Link to Post #167
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by Floating (here)

I want to know. For the folks that wear a mask of some kind..... what info do you want to hear before you STOP wearing a mask in public? How do we go back to face-to-face, handshaking normal?? Just wondering.
    This is a good tie-in to my post.

Has anyone here flown on an aircraft in the last month or two?

From all indications, air travel must be a royal PITA now.
    I checked Lufthansa's policies, Air Canada's policies and Pearson Intl. Airport in Toronto.

In addition to the ahem, 'new normal' security measures put in place since 9/11, you now
    have to contend with body temperature scans, social distancing, mandatory face masks before and during flights and 14 day quarantines at arriving countries.

As to the question posed above about when will the face mask wearing end, I have a feeling that it will never end.
    Welcome to the new, 'new normal'.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

TargeT (12th May 2020)

15. Link to Post #168
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by dawnawakeningfreespirit (here)
    from a source I have read- Allegedly this virus lives for quarter to half a day on skin (unwashed) 3 Days on plastic & 1 day on metal ...
    Are you talking about Prions?

Why some medication for malaria is producing good results? these medications are used to treat malaria which is a parasite that belong to the genus Plasmodium which has more than a hundred species (broad). Some parasite can multiple freely in the environment and do not need a host living cell for that, also some parasites can be uni cell as other can be multi cells.

There is bad science being spread around, watch out!
    Last edited by palehorse; 12th May 2020 at 15:45. Reason: fix grammar
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

16. Link to Post #169
    United States Avalon Member Stac(i)'s Avatar
    Thanks

I do wear a face mask.
    I live with a chronic pain condition that makes the prospect of riding out the particular way this virus impacts your body especially grueling, and my recovery from a seasonal average bug is often lengthy.

I absolutely understand that unless I am wearing a medical grade N95 mask, my K95 mask (with a carbon filter vent, so not medical grade) that I snagged to garden during allergy season is not really enough to protect me like I was accustomed to being protected by a mask while working at the Community Health Center during multiple flu seasons.

But I also recogninze some really interesting research coming out showing that a number of the things I was taught in Medical Assistant school were incorrect.
    Wearing a simple mask actually protects those around me from getting as much of that cloud of spittle that occurs if I speak, or laugh, or sigh, or sneeze. (note above allergies) If I were carrying the virus but not yet exhibiting symptoms, or discounted early symptoms as just a flair of my regular overall chronic pain, that mask I chose to wear might help them be exposed to less of my viral load.

The magic comes down to amount of virus you are exposed to plus the amount of time you are exposed to it.

Do I wear a mask when I walk my dog at a time when I don't anticipate seeing other people, or can easily cross the street to maintain distance from someone I pass because we are going to be exposed to a tiny amount, if any, of each others viral load, and only for a brief amount of time. No.

When I went into the natural pet food store to check out the selection they had of a specific food, I did wear a mask. I am masking at work, because while we are distancing within the office , we have (presumably healthy) patients coming in one at a time all day.

I recognize that my mask is protecting those other people, not me. I am absolutely, compassionately, lovingly, humanly, ok with that. I want them to stay healthy. Not enough is known about this virus and treating it for me to not worry about being an unknown carrier.

Every person whose eyes I meet over a mask I hope see the gratitude in my eyes, as they express the same care for me by wearing a mask, even when they are not sure it is necessary, and question its value. They value me and the unknown people around them as much as I value them. That is a powerful demonstration of humanity.

So yes, I am wearing a mask.
    Last edited by Stac(i); 13th May 2020 at 15:12. Reason: typo

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stac(i) For This Post:

AutumnW (18th May 2020), Chris Gilbert (29th January 2021), Sarah Rainsong (14th May 2020)

18. Link to Post #170
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 times in 461 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Luke Holiday (here)

No proof that a virus has been isolated has been provided.
    Well, here's some. The virus has been sequenced 1,204 times since December 2019. (Maybe more by the time you read this!)

I'll leave it to you to read the research papers. I'm sure you will!

Is it OK to respond if I have a rebuttal.. I am not sure based on what appears to be intended sarcasm? ex. I'm sure you will!
    Yes, I was making the point. You didn't even try to look. I found all that in about two minutes, maybe three. (And I did read the first paper, too.)

You're making flat statements — "No proof that a virus has been isolated has been provided" — that sound cool and reasonable, but are actually 100% false and incorrect.

Take more care with your posts. You didn't even write "As best I know, no proof that a virus has been isolated has been provided."

You're trying to sound like an authority, and you're not.
    https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020...ovid-19-virus/

..Take more care with your posts...

From Bill: Luke, I moved your earlier post to the "There is no virus" thread.

David Crowe's paper was about testing, not about the existence of the virus. Do read what you post.

Bill, The two are not mutually exclusive they are symbiotic.... Please read the article- you'll see. If not, let me know and I will gladly point out the references
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 17th May 2020 at 22:50.

19. Link to Post #171
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,525 times in 32,788 posts

Luke, I moved your earlier post to the Covid19: There's very little danger: Covid19 may not exist at all thread, here, as this seems to be your position.

David Crowe's paper was about testing, not about the existence of the virus. Do read what you post!
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 17th May 2020 at 18:13.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (17th May 2020), kudzy (24th May 2020), Yoda (17th May 2020)

21. Link to Post #172
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Luke, I moved your earlier post to the Covid19: There's very little danger: Covid19 may not exist at all thread, as this seems to be your position.

David Crowe's paper was about testing, not about the existence of the virus. Do read what you post.

Bill

Did you read the article? .... It strongly backs up my stance on CV 19 - that being - unless the virus has been proven pathogenic - it cannot be stated as being identified..

Let me know if you would like me to point out the exact reference from the article which substantiates my position.

Oh and thank you for letting me know where you buried/ I mean put said post

Be well

Luke
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 18th May 2020 at 02:11.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (4th March 2021), greybeard (17th May 2020)

23. Link to Post #173
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,525 times in 32,788 posts

Luke, I moved your earlier post to the Covid19: There's very little danger: Covid19 may not exist at all thread, as this seems to be your position.

Bill

Did you read the article? .... It backs up my stance that unless the virus has been proven pathogenic - it cannot be stated as being identified..

Let me know if you would like me to point out the exact reference from the article which substantiates my position
    Of course the virus has been identified. I posted here, on 22 April, that it'd been sequenced 1204 times. The link is here.
    I checked again, and it's now been sequenced 5,625 times. Sequencing is quite easy to do now, and very many labs have done this, all sharing their findings.

I'm not going spend time engaging in this discussion any more!

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 18th May 2020 at 09:40. Reason: fixed broken link

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

kudzy (24th May 2020), silvanelf (18th May 2020), Yoda (17th May 2020)

25. Link to Post #174
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Bill

Did you read the article? .... It backs up my stance that unless the virus has been proven pathogenic - it cannot be stated as being identified..

Let me know if you would like me to point out the exact reference from the article which substantiates my position
    Of course the virus has been identified. I posted here, on 22 April, that it'd been sequenced 1204 times. The link is here.
    I checked again, and it's now been sequenced 5,625 times. Sequencing is quite easy to do now, and very many labs have done this, all sharing their findings.

Bill

I am disappointed that you are shutting down on a topic that is fundamental in understanding what is really going on. I was under the impression this was a discussion forum?

Now to clearly state my position (as opposed to having my position stated) which has been clarified several times on this forum and is strongly backed up by David's brilliant research article currently highlighted on Jon Rappoport's blog, is the following:

In order to prove the existence of CV 19 or any virus, you have to prove that it is in fact pathogenic - ie virus definitively causes said symptom complex.

What I, and many other degreed healthcare professionals, along with several investigative journalists are saying is:

Incredibly this has not been done and because it has not been done, one cannot claim that the virus has been identified!!!

[B]What has been identified is protein packaged sequenced RNA suspected of causing a symptom complex currently being labeled as CV 19 - nothing else!!!

In other words, in order for the suspected packaged sequenced RNA to be considered worthy of the moniker - CV 19 you have to prove that it is causing the symptom complex you are seeing in medical offices: If not - what you have is nothing (a no - thing)

David/jon and many others have adroitly expressed the unfathomable outrage in the fact this was not done prior to locking down a planet, taking away freedoms/ liberties, implementing egregious policies of social distancing/face mask wearing, severely contracting small business, grossly expanding unemployement, ravaging the stock market/world economy, and proposing mandatory vaccinations. (ie the real agenda)

Now Bill, would you like to have a "Real forum discussion" on this issue or are you going to remain shut down on this topic - convinced that there is nothing more to be gained. By doing so - I will be left to assume that you have no further evidence that would add to a meaningful discussion .

Blessings

Luke

PS: I am not saying that a virus doesn't exist - Nor am I saying that it does.

I am saying that it has not been proven to exist based on: identifying tests, death rates, lockdown vs nonlockdown statistics, lack of scientific backing regarding wearing of face masks or 6 foot social distancing, and my personal observation of working at a hospital, and conversing with medical professional collegues.

I am also saying that what I have seen in the media regarding CV 19 in terms of patients in hospitals is vastly different from what I have experienced.

I remain open to changing my opinion based on provided evidence...
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 18th May 2020 at 02:09.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (4th March 2021), greybeard (17th May 2020)

27. Link to Post #175
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Bill

Bill

I am disappointed that you are shutting down an on a topic that is fundamental in understanding what is really going on. I was under the impression this was a discussion forum?

Now to clearly state my position which has been clarified several times on this forum and is succinctly backed up by David's research article currently highlighted on Jon Rappoport's blog is the following:

In order to prove the existence of CV 19 or any virus, you have to prove that it is in fact pathogenic - ie virus definitively causes said symptom complex.

What I, and many other degreed healthcare professionals, and investigative journalists are saying is: Incredibly this has not been done and because it has not been done, one cannot claim that the virus has been identified!!!

What has been identified is protein packaged sequenced RNA suspected of causing symptom complex currently being labeled as CV 19 - nothing else!!!

In other words, in order for the suspected packaged sequenced RNA to be given the moniker of CV 19 you have to prove that it is causing the symptom complex you are seeing in medical offices.

David/jon and many others have adroitly expressed the unfathomable outrage in the fact this was not done prior to locking down a planet, taking away freedoms/ liberties, and proposing mandatory vaccinations.

Now Bill, would you like to have a "Real forum discussion" on this issue or are you going to remain shut down on this topic - convinced that there is nothing more to be gained.

Blessings

Luke
    I thought this was a thread about wearing masks ... ?
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Luke Holiday (17th May 2020)

29. Link to Post #176
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Well I don't think it is too off topic - a little indulgent perhaps

I look at it as just going into fine detail as to why we should feel very comfortable not wearing a face mask in public

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

DeDukshyn (17th May 2020), greybeard (17th May 2020)

31. Link to Post #177
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I look at it as just going into fine detail as to why we should feel very comfortable not wearing a face mask in public
    That's all that was needed then, no more details required, except perhaps on a separate thread. I also feel extremely comfortable not wearing one, for reasons I posted on the first page. In fact, it would be hard to convince me it would improve my safety, regardless of my stance on the level of harm or contagiousness level.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 17th May 2020 at 22:39.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

greybeard (18th May 2020), Luke Holiday (17th May 2020)

33. Link to Post #178
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

That's all that was needed then, no more details required, except perhaps on a separate thread. I also feel extremely comfortable not wearing one, for reasons I posted on the first page. In fact, it would be hard to convince me it would improve my safety, regardless of my stance on the level of harm or contagiousness level.
    … fair point … Did you start this thread?

I would argue that: if this is truly a discussion forum then some expected leeway should be provided for those who are pejoratively challenged to be able explain, provide evidence and/or prove statements.

I am glad we agree on the mask issue

Blessings luke
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 18th May 2020 at 02:39.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

DeDukshyn (18th May 2020), greybeard (18th May 2020)

35. Link to Post #179
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

… fair point … Did you start this thread?

I would argue that: if this is truly a discussion forum then some expected leeway should be provided for those who are challenged to be able explain, provide evidence and/or prove themselves.

I am glad we agree on the mask issue

Blessings luke
    You can clearly see that I did not start this thread, I have however, heard the frustrations by a couple members (not this thread's OP btw) in PM about how hard it is to keep threads on topic, which I understand. I've been just as guilty - its easy. But it is always more than welcome when an interesting topic spawns from within a thread that warrants further discussion, that a new thread starts to carry on that discussion. I think maybe this topic you present has enough value to be a thread of its own. Managing a thread can be a bit of work, something I'm personally terrible at, but important topics are usually worth the effort.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

greybeard (18th May 2020), Luke Holiday (18th May 2020)

37. Link to Post #180
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

When I went into a grocery store today I had a hard time containing myself when people who were wearing masks were visibly uncomfortable with me as I walked past them while NOT wearing a mask.

Someone had a black mask and I couldn't help myself when I loudly whispered "Ninja mask - cool!"

Sure, a bit immature and maybe disrespectful in some way. But people come on!!

If they bought a box of those masks maybe they should read the warning label. I will try to get the photo off of my phone and paste it into this thread, but I am not good with that. And I will admit that considering some of my past work experience, that is pretty embarrassing.
    The label says; WARNING: This product is an ear loop mask. This product is not a respirator and will not provide any protection against COVID-19, Coronavirus or other viruses or contaminants.
    Wearing an ear loop mask does not reduce the risk of contacting any disease or infection. User is solely responsible for the selection of appropriate personnel protection equipment for the setting and application. Change immediately if contaminated.
    Although I have said it before, I have to say it again - the best is people wearing a mask while driving alone in their car.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Alekahn2 (20th May 2020), DaveToo (18th May 2020), DeDukshyn (18th May 2020), earthdreamer (19th May 2020), greybeard (18th May 2020), Luke Holiday (18th May 2020), palehorse (19th May 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst 1 9 19 52 LastLast