+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast

Thread: Brazil's President Bolsonaro's legacy and values

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: Brazil's President Bolsonaro's legacy and values

Brazil since 2013 is under the shock doctrine. That's what we have to keep in mind when thinking anything about Brazil today. It suffered a coup d'etat in 2016 enabled by that campaing, taking Dilma (worker's party) out of the presidency. (Until 2016 there was 4 elections (13 years) won by the worker's party, one after another, with it making great things for the country and the brazilians, including the economicly and etc. excluded ones. ... Then, in 2013 we got the shock doctrine. Michel Temer briefly and badly stayed on the government, starting to dismantle the country).

Bolsonaro was elected in 2018 with the admitted help of Steve Banon in a election where the worker's party's candidate, Lula, the favorite one, was ilegally arrested and put out of the election. Bolsonaro was elected after years of a massive campaing on the midia and whatsapp against the worker's party. He was elected with tons of fakenews. Dialogue was made inviable among citizens by the climate that was created. People no longer were thinking. They were emotionally manipulated with fakenews about corruption, religion and sex. He was elected after having not attended any debate due to a “stab” he suffered (a really odd and probable fake one). Since Bolsonaro is in power he is destroying every great institution in our country as well as worker's rights, enviroment laws, etc. You name it.

On another thread i’ve commented this:

Quote Posted by Inaiá (here)
    Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Bolsonaro is coming to town.
    I hope you said that in a ironic mood. If not, let it be known that Bolsonaro represents the worst powers that wererunning in the presidential election this year. TPTB. Unffortunatly he won, even being openly racist, violent, extremist, against his on country and people. Brazil is still under a coup d'etat. Bolsonaro will harden the awful things Temer is already doing to the pleople and land. Brazil is under the shock doctrine "treatment".

So, please, don't take him for what he isn't: any kind of help. On the contrary, he is actvely hammering our country and people.

It's suffice to say that, when voting for the impeachment of Dilma (the coup), he paied tribute to a famous torturer of the dictatorship period in Brazil, Ustra. That's the kind of person he admires.

Pray for Brazil, please. Let us not be fooled by no type os false profets, be it religious or political.

https://www.fairobserver.com/region/...on-news-99065/
    ...and this:

I don't want to digress the topic of this thread. The side topic "Brazil x Bolsonaro", as it was brougth here, though, shouldn't stay unadressed.

News source i recomend about the topic: https://theintercept.com/

In the end, we find our selves in the midst of a war on perception and the manipulation of people's thougts, energy and emotions.

(…)

To each department on the government Bolsonaro has nominated the antithesis of what would be the proper leader. He's been busy nominating wolves to take care of the chickens. For example, to be the head of the department of "Women, Family and Human Rights", Bolsonaro nominated Damares Alves, founder of the NGO Atini, which is being prosecuted by the Brazilian state and people on alegations of child sexual abuse and human trafficking among the indiginous. Such a great cleanup!

Our faith should not be blind.
    Last edited by Inaiá; 28th May 2020 at 01:05.
    We are walking together.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Inaiá For This Post:

AutumnW (28th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), Kryztian (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mashika (28th May 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), Wind (28th May 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Some interesting facts

Bolsonaro is a huge Trump's fan. I think you could say employee...

Bolsonaro makes speeches with the flag of Brazil, EUA and Israel side by side.

Bolsonaro is strongly pro cloroquine.

Bolsonaro is strongly pro guns.

Bolsonaro's family (he has 2 sons that are also polititians) is being investigated for various suspected crimes.

Bolsonaro openly praises torturers and dictators of Brazil and other countries history. In Dilma's impeachment's votation Bolsonaro offered his "Yes" vote to colonel Ustra, a brazilian torturer who, according to Bolsonaro during his vote, was "Dilma Roussef's terror" (Dilma was tortured during the brazilian ditactorship). Just think about that. Just think about that.

Bolsonaro says that coronavirus is just a "little flu".

Bolsonaro and other polititians went on a comitive to the USA to meet his buddy/boss Trump. Returning to Brazil 26 people of the comitive were diagnosed with the coronavirus. Bolsonaro made the first test, witch alegladly went positive, then, negative. Following the medical protocol Bolsonaro was then advised to stay in quarentine until a second test would be done. Bolsonaro ignores the protocol and makes a public aparition in a "political" manifestation that was (irrationaly) done by some followers of him. There, without a mask, he shook hands, held people phones whom he took selfies with, you name it. Bolsonaro says the result of the second test was negative. When asked to show the journalists the result he refused. Later, he said he is going to get more tests "just in case..." as "he is in contact with a lot of people". Right. In its list of positive infections, the hospital wich made Bolsonaro's tests ommited 2 of the names of the 17 people who tested positive there.

Bolsonaro is betting high ...and with the lives of people. He is putting himself as the one who cares for the economy, the country's and employer's well being. He made a law autorizing employers to do not pay salaries for 4 mounths. He had to revogue it though, the next day, due to the pushback he received. So much for caring for the citizens.

That’s it. Bolsonaro and his antiministers are doing a lot of damage to the country.

Behind it all, the old system of explotation of people’s energy and life wants to stay in place, no mather what happens... or precisely with everything that’s happening.

Let’s hope the spells are broken and Brazil can regain it’s healthy path soon.
    Last edited by Inaiá; 28th May 2020 at 01:21.
    We are walking together.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Inaiá For This Post:

AutumnW (28th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), Kryztian (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mashika (28th May 2020), Post-Structuralist Comet (28th May 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020), Wind (28th May 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Some interesting facts

Bolsonaro is strongly pro cloroquine.

Bolsonaro is strongly pro guns.

Bolsonaro's family (he has 2 sons that are also potiticians) is being investigated for various suspected crimes.

Bolsonaro openly praises torturers and dictators of Brazil and other countries history. In Dilma's impeachment's votation Bolsonaro offered his "Yes" vote to colonel Ustra, a brazilian torturer who, according to Bolsonaro during his vote, was "Dilma Roussef's terror" (Dilma was tortured during the brazilian ditactorship). Just think about that. Just think about that.

Bolsonaro says that coronavirus is just a "little flu".

Bolsonaro and other polititians went on a comitive to the USA to meet his buddy/boss Trump. Returning to Brazil 26 people of the comitive were diagnosed with the coronavirus. Bolsonaro made the first test, witch alegladly went positive, then, negative. Following the medical protocol Bolsonaro was then advised to stay in quarentine until a second test would be done. Bolsonaro ignores the protocol and makes a public aparition in a "political" manifestation that was (irrationaly) done by some followers of him. There, without a mask, he shook hands, held people phones whom he took selfies with, you name it. Bolsonaro says the result of the second test was negative. When asked to show the journalists the result he refused. Later, he said he is going to get more tests "just in case..." as "he is in contact with a lot of people". Right. In its list of positive infections, the hospital wich made Bolsonaro's tests ommited 2 of the names of the 17 people who tested positive there.

Bolsonaro is betting high ...and with the lives of people. He is putting himself as the one who cares for the economy, the country's and employer's well being. He made a law autorizing employers to do not pay salaries for 4 mounths. He had to revogue it though, the next day, due to the pushback he received. So much for caring for the citizens.

That’s it. Bolsonaro and his antiministers are doing a lot of damage to the country.

Behind it all, the old system of explotation of people’s energy and life wants to stay in place, no mather what happens... or precisely with everything that’s happening.

Let’s hope the spells are broken and Brazil can regain it’s healthy path soon.
    We are walking together! Thank you. Keep fighting the good fight and spread the truth wherever and however you can!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Inaiá (28th May 2020), Kryztian (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mashika (28th May 2020), shaberon (28th May 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,091 times in 4,065 posts

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    Almost reminds me of the Rodrigo Duterte from the Phillipines who with a thunderous hand removed the thugs, cleaning up the city. I learned about him from my Mothers caregiver and then researched. Maybe a bigger thug needs to stop the other thugs when diplomacy doesn't work.
    This is realistic and here is a rough idea why: not all thugs are thieves.

As an example, I will relate what took place in Morocco to a couple of tourists. They were kidnapped. Shut in a car trunk at gunpoint. Driven away for a couple of hours, released, and forced to buy hash at gunpoint.

Well, a thief would just take your cash.

So you can keep in mind that not all thugs are there to deceive you like a thief. It just means that they have told you about something which is illegal and they back it up with force. If you are not causing a disturbance, you are fine. It may take someone of this nature to break the political machine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Kryztian (28th May 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 times in 916 posts

MMM,it feels like Bolsonaro is pushed into the news to indirectly discredit and attack Trump,as in guilt by assiociation, and by that assiociate the world wide protest against the lockdown and the voices disagreeing with the WHO agenda,with extreem right and facism as being in the same camp with facists like Bolsonaro.
    I think its not about Bolsonaro,Same old media tricks to demonise anybody not agreeing with the pushed narrative.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Antagenet (17th June 2020), Kryztian (28th May 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,091 times in 4,065 posts

Some interesting facts

On this, we could say the American Republican faction had a lot to do with Reverend Moon and Paraguay. I am wondering if this made ties into Brazil. Most of what you are describing sounds rather Republican, I think they are almost the same. By this I mean the extremist side who knows that family values are just a kitschy cover for death squads.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

AutumnW (28th May 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    Almost reminds me of the Rodrigo Duterte from the Phillipines who with a thunderous hand removed the thugs, cleaning up the city. I learned about him from my Mothers caregiver and then researched. Maybe a bigger thug needs to stop the other thugs when diplomacy doesn't work.
    This is realistic and here is a rough idea why: not all thugs are thieves.

As an example, I will relate what took place in Morocco to a couple of tourists. They were kidnapped. Shut in a car trunk at gunpoint. Driven away for a couple of hours, released, and forced to buy hash at gunpoint.

Well, a thief would just take your cash.

So you can keep in mind that not all thugs are there to deceive you like a thief. It just means that they have told you about something which is illegal and they back it up with force. If you are not causing a disturbance, you are fine. It may take someone of this nature to break the political machine.
    Not all thugs are thieves, but given the evidence provided by his own mouth and actions, this one is, no doubt about it

Otherwise how to explain what he is trying to do? Specially that sickening focus on indigenous people and trying to steal their land and lives?
    Last edited by Mashika; 28th May 2020 at 05:17. Reason: Can't grammar at all
    Tired

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

AutumnW (28th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), Inaiá (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by gini (here)
    MMM,it feels like Bolsonaro is pushed into the news to indirectly discredit and attack Trump
    Trust me when i say that no one gives an F about Trump in that country, except the people who make money out of the US

Quote I think its not about Bolsonaro,Same old media tricks to demonise anybody not agreeing with the pushed narrative.
    Very much think real people out on the Brazilian streets are not even aware of global/US politics, or care more than finding some cash to live and eat another day. So i don't think the people who are mostly rebelling hard against this guy are doing it due to politics, they just can't go out to the street without getting killed
    Tired

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

AutumnW (28th May 2020), Baby Steps (28th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), gini (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Quote Posted by gini (here)
    MMM,it feels like Bolsonaro is pushed into the news to indirectly discredit and attack Trump
    Trust me when i say that no one gives an F about Trump in that country, except the people who make money out of the US

Quote I think its not about Bolsonaro,Same old media tricks to demonise anybody not agreeing with the pushed narrative.
    Very much think real people out on the Brazilian streets are not even aware of global/US politics, or care more than finding some cash to live and eat another day. So i don't think the people who are mostly rebelling hard against this guy are doing it due to politics, they just can't go out to the street without getting killed
    Sorry,i did not refer to his role in Brasil,but to the international mainstreammedia hitpieces,making people feel stupid and wrong by sharing some of the same sentiments.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gini For This Post:

Mashika (28th May 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,583 times in 1,594 posts

Quote Posted by Tomkoyote (here)
    FF to 3:30
    First time I hear a president speak as a citizen, no politics, no BS. He deserves my respect.

https://www.brighteon.com/786c0c7d-1...8-b54b15ac44f4
    I follow no leader, but what Mr. Bolsonaro said is very cool, the average people armed in Brazil, I wanna see that. I wish more presidents around the world have the same guts to arm their own people.

Brazil is an amazing country with beautiful and kind people, but politics sucks at most, and it was always like that, most former Brazilian presidents has a very dark history, Lula & Dilma, Fernando Henrique Cardoso, Fernando Collor, ..

This post was about his discourse about arming people, giving people rights to have a gun to protect themselves, which I totally agree, it is not about the indigenous people or anything else, my response here is ONLY about this gun thing and nothing else. I do know Mr. Bolsonaro is not a good person, but that was the Brazilian's choice for president and they knew who Bolsonaro was before giving their votes.

People should be able to protect themselves against the super filth elite that are destroying the country for ages, allowing guns is one way. There is militias in the country (e.g. PCC, MST, ..) and they already got rifles, grenade, high caliber guns, bazoocas, name it, they already have it!

I had been in Brazilian "favelas" in Rio (Cantagalo), Sampa (Vietna, Heliopolis, Peri) and Recife (Vila Deus), and I can tell you, the government gives a dam about, most people living in favelas are hard workers, low income and they can not afford a better place to live, but also is the place where the drug lords reside and control the drug traffic.

My first time in a Brazilian favela I almost freaked out, I was expecting something else, but okay. I saw happy people, crooks, beautiful ladies, people drinking and playing instruments (samba & pagode), armed people in houses, dirty kids running around, salesman, Jehova Witnesses, a very mixed environment, colourfull.

The filth elite got guns, patriots got it, the militias also got their guns, then who is aimed this bill Bolsonaro is talking about? If it pass it will be for everybody who still not get their guns, that's it.
    Last edited by palehorse; 28th May 2020 at 12:54. Reason: adding more
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

20. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,955 times in 3,471 posts

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)

I follow no leader, but what Mr. Bolsonaro said is very cool,
    Either you didn't read any of the posts in this thread (except the first), or you think someone with a legacy of genocide, political violence and dictatorship is cool, which would make one wonder what you are doing on Project Avalon.

Here's a little more on the original video that started the thread. The people whom Bolsonaro is blasting in his profanity laden speech are the leadership of the city of Manaus, where COVID-19 (perhaps the same strain that his Guayaquil Ecuador) is causing a record number of deaths. There is no place to put the bodies and they are having to dig mass graves. Instead of helping them or giving them support, Bolsonaro is urging them to attack the leadership of the city with guns.

Quote Brazilian Covid-19 victims buried in MASS GRAVES as fatalities mount
    Authorities in the Brazilian city of Manaus have begun burying people who died from Covid-19 in mass graves after the number of people falling victim to the virus dramatically increased.

In a somber statement, Manaus City Hall said that the number of burials in public cemeteries spiraled significantly over the past few days and it has been forced to use mass graves to cope with all the fatalities. The average number of burials before the disease hit the city was approximately 30 per day. However, the daily figure has now climbed close to 100.

“The municipality has adopted the mass graves system to bury the victims of Covid-19, a method already used in other countries,” the statement reads, adding that it is “a necessary measure to attend to the demand for burials.”

Grim video footage from the scene of the burials shows earth-moving machines carving out a large trench for coffins and covering the varnished boxes in mounds of clay.

Story continues here, with video: https://www.rt.com/news/486560-brazi...graves-manaus/
    Also, if you think President Bolsonaro's words are cool, please note that after the video was released, he kind-of sort-of denied saying these things:

Quote Brazil.- Bolsonaro denies that he tried to interfere with the Police and describes these accusations as “light”

The president of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, denied on Monday that he tried to interfere in the work of the Federal Police and described the accusations in this regard as “light”, after a video of a ministerial meeting in which he was released I could see how he claimed that he had already tried to change security personnel in Rio de Janeiro.

Rest of story is here: https://www.explica.co/brazil-bolson...ions-as-light/

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (28th May 2020), fractal being (28th May 2020), Inaiá (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Rosemarie (29th May 2020)

22. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)

I follow no leader, but what Mr. Bolsonaro said is very cool,
    Either you didn't read any of the posts in this thread (except the first), or you think someone with a legacy of genocide, political violence and dictatorship is cool, which would make one wonder what you are doing on Project Avalon.

Here's a little more on the original video that started the thread. The people whom Bolsonaro is blasting in his profanity laden speech are the leadership of the city of Manaus, where COVID-19 (perhaps the same strain that his Guayaquil Ecuador) is causing a record number of deaths. There is no place to put the bodies and they are having to dig mass graves. Instead of helping them or giving them support, Bolsonaro is urging them to attack the leadership of the city with guns.

Quote Brazilian Covid-19 victims buried in MASS GRAVES as fatalities mount
    Authorities in the Brazilian city of Manaus have begun burying people who died from Covid-19 in mass graves after the number of people falling victim to the virus dramatically increased.

In a somber statement, Manaus City Hall said that the number of burials in public cemeteries spiraled significantly over the past few days and it has been forced to use mass graves to cope with all the fatalities. The average number of burials before the disease hit the city was approximately 30 per day. However, the daily figure has now climbed close to 100.

“The municipality has adopted the mass graves system to bury the victims of Covid-19, a method already used in other countries,” the statement reads, adding that it is “a necessary measure to attend to the demand for burials.”

Grim video footage from the scene of the burials shows earth-moving machines carving out a large trench for coffins and covering the varnished boxes in mounds of clay.

Story continues here, with video: https://www.rt.com/news/486560-brazi...graves-manaus/
    Also, if you think President Bolsonaro's words are cool, please note that after the video was released, he kind-of sort-of denied saying these things:

Quote Brazil.- Bolsonaro denies that he tried to interfere with the Police and describes these accusations as “light”

The president of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, denied on Monday that he tried to interfere in the work of the Federal Police and described the accusations in this regard as “light”, after a video of a ministerial meeting in which he was released I could see how he claimed that he had already tried to change security personnel in Rio de Janeiro.

Rest of story is here: https://www.explica.co/brazil-bolson...ions-as-light/
    But this thread is about what he said in the video, not about his past (perhaps create a new thread "Bolsonaro's past" would be more appropriate). I support the liberation of weapons for civilians and it has nothing to do with been part of Project Avalon or not, because that is my opinion and it will not change.
    --

23. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

But this thread is about what he said in the video, not about his past (perhaps create a new thread "Bolsonaro's past" would be more appropriate). I support the liberation of weapons for civilians and it has nothing to do with been part of Project Avalon or not, because that is my opinion and it will not change.
    I do understand what you're saying, but to take a snippet of what someone says, especially someone in politics or high leadership, without considering the whole picture is very dangerous. It's the reverse of someone who has an legitimate, honorable reputation being crucified by the media because of a misunderstanding or improperly phrasing something. Both tend to happen to further agendas that are unethical. Neither is okay.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

AutumnW (28th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), fractal being (28th May 2020), gini (28th May 2020), Inaiá (28th May 2020), Kryztian (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), palehorse (28th May 2020), Rosemarie (29th May 2020)

25. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    I do understand what you're saying, but to take a snippet of what someone says, especially someone in politics or high leadership, without considering the whole picture is very dangerous. It's the reverse of someone who has an legitimate, honorable reputation being crucified by the media because of a misunderstanding or improperly phrasing something. Both tend to happen to further agendas that are unethical. Neither is okay.
    I never meant to offend anyone just because I agree with what he said.

The debate to allow guns or not to civilians in Brazil is a very hot topic, and all presidents at least once jumped into this boiling water, it is not new news in Brazilian politics. In January of 2019 Bolsonaro signed a decree to make gun purchase easier for anyone, on May 2019 he extended this decree to allow rural gun owners to use guns in their own property, of course there is requirements to acquire a firearm license in Brazil just like any other country, but he is making easier, than the average John can have one.

Also the import of firearm into Brazil increased dramatically in the last 4 years. Bolsonaro is facilitating the process since he became the president, I am not jumping to conclusions here, these are facts. What he said in this specific short video is no news for me and many Brazilians, when I said it was cool, i meant about the streets slangs / jargon he was using, very low level for a president. Hence cool!
    --

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Kryztian (28th May 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th May 2020), spade (29th May 2020)

27. Link to Post #35
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 times in 274 posts

Let me put my 2 cents in here : 1stly I know nothing about Bolsonaro, never heard about him, never followed his history, never knew about his past, didn't even know that he's the president of Brazil. Only came to light recently due to the firings of his 2 health ministers who insisted they would follow Bill Gates' (controls the WHO alongside China) narrative on pronouncing hydroxychloroquine as deadly, dangerous and ineffective, all of which are debunked due to 60+ years of safe effective usage, especially for the short term. And with that alone, I support him.

I think lines are clearly drawn right now:

A. Those who wish for the virus to end without the need to vaccinate due to a safe and quick early treatment / prophylaxis that will have no need for hospitalization.
    B. those who wish to prolong the virus till a "viable" vaccine (so full of **** like luciferase gene editing therapy RNA mutual assured destruction, all funded by one guy and only one guy -> William Gates the 3rd.

I care not a person's past or history... people change. I have seen people like Trump, Duterte, and Viktor Orban change their bad ways (womanizing, misogynist, sexist, racist, sordid pasts) as they entered their respective roles of leadership. I have also seen good quiet and obedient people enter into positions of authority or leadership and turn into the vilest, most corrupt, hypocritical and backstabbing bastards you will ever meet. Do not judge a person by their past, judge them by their fruit of their current labour.

Sometimes, you need a thug-like character to run a messy developing country. Yes - US is kind of a developing country (look at what's happening in Minneapolis right now).
    Last edited by spade; 28th May 2020 at 18:25.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to spade For This Post:

palehorse (29th May 2020)

29. Link to Post #36
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Some truly despicable comments on this thread, but they reveal so much. Mainly that those who have fallen for the populist manipulations in the U.S. extend their 'reasoning' to the rest of the world. They would support Idi Amin were he alive and taking hydrochloroquine.

I hate to say this, but the peace loving portion of the U.S. may just have to gun up so they can protect themselves. It could get very ugly in the U.S.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Ally S. (28th May 2020), fractal being (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), Mark (9th November 2022), palehorse (29th May 2020)

31. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by spade (here)
    ...I care not a person's past or history... people change. I have seen people like Trump, Duterte, and Viktor Orban change their bad ways (womanizing, misogynist, sexist, racist, sordid pasts) as they entered their respective roles of leadership.
    I openly challenge you to provide some evidece on that (i.e. posts they made, interviews they gave) demonstrating a shift in their views on that direction. I'm not interested in exposing you as a liar, I'd rather been proved wrong here and you right.

To assume that someone is against nwo, just because they claim to be doing that imo is rather naive. Historically speaking populist movements have been shown to further the nwo agendas if not significantly speeding them up. Think about it how fitting would be on top of the Covid1984 crisis to have also regional political turmoil. If Bolsonaro is inerested in protecting his people from the nwo grip, he can do something about it instead of inciting civil war situations. He's the freakin president. Same goes for Trump. Minneapolis is the consequence of him allowig the nwo to chock people to death.

My apologies if this post is derailing the thread. I'll happily remove it if the mods think so.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

Ally S. (28th May 2020), AutumnW (28th May 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), Inaiá (28th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020)

33. Link to Post #38
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Fractal Being,

I think your post is perfect!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

fractal being (28th May 2020)

35. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fractal being (here)
    Quote Posted by spade (here)
    ...I care not a person's past or history... people change. I have seen people like Trump, Duterte, and Viktor Orban change their bad ways (womanizing, misogynist, sexist, racist, sordid pasts) as they entered their respective roles of leadership.
    I openly challenge you to provide some evidece on that (i.e. posts they made, interviews they gave) demonstrating a shift in their views on that direction. I'm not interested in exposing you as a liar, I'd rather been proved wrong here and you right.

To assume that someone is against nwo, just because they claim to be doing that imo is rather naive. Historically speaking populist movements have been shown to further the nwo agendas if not significantly speeding them up. Think about it how fitting would be on top of the Covid1984 crisis to have also regional political turmoil. If Bolsonaro is inerested in protecting his people from the nwo grip, he can do something about it instead of inciting civil war situations. He's the freakin president. Same goes for Trump. Minneapolis is the consequence of him allowig the nwo to chock people to death.

My apologies if this post is derailing the thread. I'll happily remove it if the mods think so.
    Fractal being,are you suggesting that because Trump is standing up for peoples right for freedom and is criticising the WHO he is the same as Bolsonaro,a fascist?
    Is this what these anti Bolsonaro posts are about?Indirectly attacking anybody who doesnt disagree with Trump ,and ridiculing the millions of people around the world protesting against the lockdown ?
    Can you provide evidence that Trump is "allqwing the new world order to chock people to death"?

36. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,955 times in 3,471 posts

I never meant to offend anyone just because I agree with what he said.
    While I might disagree with you 100%, I never felt offended and believe you are trying to state a sincerely held opinion.

I think part of the misunderstandings that many of us are having here is that we are all discussing these matters on three different levels:
    1. We are discussing the original video from Post #1, without looking at the context of the speech outside of the words uttered here.
    2. We are discussing Jair Bolsonaro in general (which is the subject of the thread title). Some of these things should give context to what is being said in this speech.
    3. We are discussing Populism and other populist world leaders, such as Donald Trump and Rodrigo Duterte.
    Just a few comments about the last point. I think a lot of people here automatically love or loathe Bolsonaro because of how they feel about populism or because of how they feel about Trump and Duterte. Love them or hate them, I do believe that Trump and Duterte are trying to improve the lives of the vast majority of the peoples in their country. You can argue about how successful they are, but I think they are all very different animals from Bolsonaro.

For Duterte, the enemies in the world are the terrorists (which the Phillipines has lots), drug dealers, street thugs and pedophile priests, and he doesn't always worry about their civil right to a trial. Shoot first and ask questions later. He defines himself as a socialist and wants to protect the weak and the poor. He also wants to protect his nation for foreign predatory capitalists.

For Bolsonaro, the enemies of the world are civil rights and social justice advocates, union organizers, the indigenous peoples, feminists. He's quite willing to see these people murdered, or at least he has said he would. He is an anarcho capitalist that sees money making opportunity in crisis. He is more than willing to bring foreign influence in if there is money to be made. He interest in making guns available to those who could afford them (most Brazillians couldn't) is just his way of using violence to support his system of predatory capitalism.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (22nd August 2020), Ewan (14th December 2022), gini (29th May 2020), Inaiá (29th May 2020), loungelizard (29th May 2020), palehorse (29th May 2020), Post-Structuralist Comet (29th May 2020), Rosemarie (29th May 2020), Tam (29th May 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast