Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst 1 3 13 23 24 LastLast

Thread: The death of George Floyd in police hands, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

1. Link to Post #241
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 times in 461 posts

Default Re: The death of George Floyd in police hands, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

from Davetoo:
    You mean I can call up the police from my store and tell them someone has just tried to pass off counterfeit bills and they will come down a few minutes later, arrest, and throw the person into their squad car and haul them off to the police station?

That's it!

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I said this before, they (the police and the store staff) had Floyd's plate number. Was Floyd threatening anyone? Was anyone's safety in jeopardy
    ?

Hello Dave

Much respect! sorry to sound redundant but

… Looking at the state's toxicology reports reveals that Mr. Floyd was Fentanyl intoxicated with meth amphetamine on board. Also the police report notes that the complaint included Mr. Floyd appearing intoxicated and when confronted he resisted arrest.

I believe, in the court of law, when you combine all this, you may have justification for an arrest and the manner of restraint used - if it can be proven that standard technique/procedures were not violated.

As an aside: IMO, if the families toxicology report matches the state - the family's legal team will have a real problem successfully prosecuting.

Blessings Luke
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 3rd June 2020 at 17:55.

2. Link to Post #242
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,283 times in 2,101 posts

Quote Posted by Luke Holiday (here)
    from Davetoo:
    You mean I can call up the police from my store and tell them someone has just tried to pass off counterfeit bills and they will come down a few minutes later, arrest, and throw the person into their squad car and haul them off to the police station?

That's it!

I said this before, they (the police and the store staff) had Floyd's plate number. Was Floyd threatening anyone? Was anyone's safety in jeopardy
    ?

Hello Dave

… Looking at the state's toxicology reports reveals that Mr. Floyd was Fentanyl intoxicated with meth amphetamine on board. Also the police report notes that the complaint included Mr. Floyd appearing intoxicated and when confronted he resisted arrest.

I believe, in the court of law, when you combine all this, you may have justification for an arrest and the manner of restraint used - if standard technique/procedures were not violated.

As an aside: IMO, if the families toxicology report matches the state - the family's legal team will have a real problem successfully prosecuting.

Blessings Luke
    I understand what you are saying, but regardless whether or not the bill was counterfeit or if a person is intoxicated, even if they resist arrest killing him is not acceptable.

Staying on his neck as long as the officer did - that alone should not be justified.

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

AutumnW (3rd June 2020), Ben (5th June 2020), DaveToo (3rd June 2020), Luke Holiday (4th June 2020), onevoice (4th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd June 2020), sllim11 (3rd June 2020), Soda (3rd June 2020), T Smith (4th June 2020), Wind (4th June 2020)

4. Link to Post #243
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

from Davetoo:

That's it!

?

Hello Dave

I believe, in the court of law, when you combine all this, you may have justification for an arrest and the manner of restraint used - if standard technique/procedures were not violated.

Blessings Luke
    If I understand you right, you're not saying that the state is correct in all this, but that this is how it will be viewed in a court of law and thus could make prosecution very difficult.

Which is probably correct. But that's exactly the problem, and LukeToo is justifiably incredulous.

The state lies whenever it is in their interest to do so. The court of law as a fair and just place does not exist. Police have been known to alter reports and lie under oath. I have witnessed this myself. And that's not even taking to account the deeper issues that we discuss on this board (like aliens, shadow government, etc.).

And even if the toxicology reports come back positive, it does not excuse what happened. We all have seen the video. We don't need someone to pat us on the head and assure us that it's all okay. It's not.

The concept of "innocent until proven guilty" has never applied to certain demographics, blacks especially.

I think we need to move past this idea that the cops were justified in what they did. Even if they followed procedures, they were not justified in killing this man. Maybe their commanding Sergeant did order the code red. But that does justify their failure to uphold their oath.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Ally S. (3rd June 2020), AutumnW (3rd June 2020), ClearWater (3rd June 2020), DaveToo (3rd June 2020), Inaiá (4th June 2020), Luke Holiday (3rd June 2020), O Donna (3rd June 2020), silvanelf (3rd June 2020), sllim11 (3rd June 2020), Soda (3rd June 2020)

6. Link to Post #244
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 times in 2,420 posts

Last edited by edina; 3rd June 2020 at 17:32.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

DaveToo (3rd June 2020), Luke Holiday (3rd June 2020), silvanelf (3rd June 2020)

8. Link to Post #245
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Patient post

I understand what you are saying, but regardless whether or not the bill was counterfeit or if a person is intoxicated, even if they resist arrest killing him is not acceptable.
    Staying on his neck as long as the officer did - that alone should not be justified.

Sarah R post

If I understand you right, you're not saying that the state is correct in all this, but that this is how it will be viewed in a court of law and thus could make prosecution very difficult.

[Yes... this is my position.. There are many things that I remain very curiously suspicious in this case .... and I 100% resonant and agree with your posts...

blessings Luke

As an aside we have the following short list of case related matters to be curiously suspicious of:

1. The Soro's paid band of website recruited agent provocateurs instigating, magnifying and promulagating the riots.

2. You have the MSM posting photoshopped (allegedly) pictures of Mr. Floyd in front of Corona signs.

3: MSM stories such as this keep popping up: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/nyc-...092300448.html

3. The timing: Occurs just as CV lockdowns are ending and the country is reopening, and now many of those same cities are back to being closed per curfew - secondary to the riots - with police and national guards patrolling the streets

3. You have the upcoming murder case involving a very strong looking Black Man vs white police officerrs - which is perfectly set up to generate strong opposing emotional charges and is therefore; absolutely ripe to create interracial, along with police vs public divisiveness.

(A microcosm of the strong emotional reactions generated by this case were just demontstrated in this simple exchange between Sarah, Patient and myself and throughout this thread)_

4. Some legal experts are reporting, that based on the medical/police reports prosecuters will be challenged in getting a conviction. Combine this - with the historical fact that cases against police officers have very been difficult to prosecute.

5. An acquittal would certainly be the detonation of a massive powder keg of riotous civil unrest - which would feed grandly into the believed agendas of PTB.

6. add you own....
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 4th June 2020 at 03:15.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

ClearWater (3rd June 2020), DaveToo (3rd June 2020), graciousb (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd June 2020), Soda (3rd June 2020)

10. Link to Post #246
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,470 times in 21,114 posts

Lightbulb Re: The death of George Floyd in police hands, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

35 Pics Showing The Other Side Of The George Floyd Protests That The Mainstream Media Is Reluctant To Share!

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

avid (3rd June 2020), Bluegreen (3rd June 2020), Kryztian (4th June 2020), Luke Holiday (3rd June 2020), onevoice (4th June 2020)

12. Link to Post #247
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,485 times in 2,851 posts

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    There is nothing that terrifies TPTB more than showing love to others.
    This is absolutely so, Sarah.

I'm not interested right now in discussion that casts the issues in terms of "sides" and histories of dysfunction and dis-ease, primarily because we are in a space of being right now where so many things are possible that were not, a year ago, 3 years ago, 10 years ago, hell, forever ago. We've entered, as a planet, one of those collective psychological states wherein the societal consciousness is so malleable that a real shift in consciousness is possible.

When belief and trust in society dips to levels like this you generally see rebellion, revolution in the air. In the past, this modality of thinking and being led to political and cultural shifts brought on by neighborhood violence leading to urbanized revolt. Now, in the panoptic environs of the nascent NWO, the methods of appeasement are so diverse and comprehensive that it takes extraordinary events to impact the lethargic, overly-cerebral and passive mentality of our drugged and media-saturated populations, no matter the continent or population. Access is everywhere and becoming even more ubiquitous. Once 5G is successfully deployed and global connectivity is assured by way of Musk's Space-X satellite field surrounding the planet, it will be possible to dominate even more totally than now, which is quite the sobering consideration.

Connection, showing love, to those who are not psychopaths and disdainful of compassionate or empathic ways of being in the world, is anathema especially now as we have arrived in a region of the galaxy where the energies support the raising of consciousness.

I fist-bumped a dude today and we looked at each other, grinning conspiratorially, as if we'd just committed a crime.

Everything to isolate us. Leave us trusting only the media that shows us versions of the world our google searches have encapsulated us within, our confirmation biases supported unconditionally by those whose mentalities align with our own, who we also cannot touch or be close to, if they are not within our immediate family or circle of friends and co-workers. I mean, think about that. We have to consider all that we interact with now, and how that will affect others we interact with! We are being programmed to think about every, single contact we have with doors, knobs, societal technological tools like card readers, restaurant silverware, goods in shops and all else required to conduct society in a normative manner.

Love is anathema to the untouching, unfeeling, unconnected, transhumanistic, genetically-modified tissue of the new society they wish to see come into being. A different, more formalized interpersonal sphere of human interaction where contact is minimized and engagement highly ritualized, physical and emotional intimacy mediated by AI, sexuality purely functional or dissipative with masturbatory realms of sensual engagement becoming the most prevalent types of sexual interaction, zoom-like business and skype-like personal connections also experiencing a surge in popularity.

Empaths, those who love, those who feel passion, those who engage at the level of the soul and spirit, their impact minimized, their reach limited drastically, wither and die in such mental and emotional spaces of confinement.

Groups of people known for their emotivity and passion, will not do well in such worlds. And so, can be "ushered out" of existence in a manner that can later be considered "justified" and "natural".

After all, their own passion did them in, right?

Right.

13. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

AutumnW (3rd June 2020), Ben (5th June 2020), ClearWater (3rd June 2020), DaveToo (3rd June 2020), edina (3rd June 2020), Elainie (3rd June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (5th June 2020), Eva2 (3rd June 2020), Hym (3rd June 2020), Kryztian (4th June 2020), mountain_jim (4th June 2020), O Donna (3rd June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd June 2020), sllim11 (3rd June 2020), Soda (3rd June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (3rd June 2020), Tam (4th June 2020), Tintin (3rd June 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd June 2020), Wind (4th June 2020)

14. Link to Post #248
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    As Mike says, it is a bit weird to take a knee as a white person.

If I take a knee I am admitting it is my fault, like I had a say in the order of this world.

And, I do not in any way feel that these are my people who are rioting and looting.

These are the worst of the worst, far worse than the very evil they claim to be against.

And when you look at their faces you see what they are, agitators intent on harm. And all of them young. They are too naive to understand that their causes have long ago been subverted by agent provocateurs, and that their causes have been hijacked and no longer represent the ideal or even the sentiment of the original movement.

The establishment has a very long reach - right into every organization that has become merely a thin veil hiding the fanaticism beneath.

I'll take a knee for the natural world. For them it is like children watching their parents fight: their whole world is on the line, literally.

The stewards of the planet have lost their minds: woe is be to all life forms on earth!
    I'll take a knee for Canadians who refuse to even look at the overall problem.

I will take a knee for all of the indigenous people still suffering from colonialism--nomads robbed of their continent and shoved onto ****ty reservation land.

I'll take a knee for a huge indigenous population with fetal alcohol syndrome because their parents and grandparents sunk into despair and tried to drink away their problems.

I'll take a knee for every intoxicated aboriginal dropped on the outskirts of places like Saskatoon and Edmonton, by the RCMP. in the middle of winter -- who froze to death trying to find shelter.

I'll take a knee for a mountie high up in the forces who laughed about doing this and another knee for the lack of charges against them...that went on for decades.

I'll take a knee for residential schools, pedophilia against the children there and experimentation on those children.

I will take two knees for Canadians who STILL maintain, indigenous people get ALL the breaks from government and free land.

I will take a knee for people my culture nearly completely destroyed. There day will come. It IS coming.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 3rd June 2020 at 21:12.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (4th June 2020), DeDukshyn (4th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (5th June 2020), Mark (4th June 2020), O Donna (3rd June 2020), Patient (4th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (3rd June 2020)

16. Link to Post #249
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,753 times in 32,946 posts

Just a broad-brush note here, in brief terms, of what's happening. Many reading this will already be fully aware, but it's another useful reminder of a possible direction of discussion.
    1. Hidden factors with agendas are fueling the violent riots and looting. (Pallets of bricks are mysteriously appearing to provide ammunition, etc etc etc.)
    2. The police do their best to deal with the violence, which is their job. And many of them do their best to show their sympathy for and alliance with the peaceful protestors.
    3. But the US media (except for Fox News) stresses that police violence is being used against the peaceful protestors. Very little is mentioned any more about the violence and real problems occurring in inner cities every night.
    4. The same is reported in many other countries. Trump's words about the need to maintain law and order are being criticized or knowingly taken out of context.
    5. Videos showing the rather more shady aspects of George Floyd's lifestyle are disappearing.
    6. It's starting to look orchestrated, as if the same hidden senior authority is now at work again as became evident in defining the language of global governmental Covid-19 rhetoric.
    7. Right on cue, Obama is now starting to make 'presidential' speeches, the ones that Trump should be making. (Whatever you might think about either of them, Obama is a better orator, and often seems to have a better speechwriter.)
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 3rd June 2020 at 22:11.

17. The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (4th June 2020), AuCo (8th June 2020), Baby Steps (3rd June 2020), Bluegreen (3rd June 2020), ClearWater (3rd June 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (4th June 2020), Dennis Leahy (3rd June 2020), edina (3rd June 2020), Elainie (3rd June 2020), Eric J (Viking) (4th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (5th June 2020), Gemma13 (4th June 2020), gini (4th June 2020), gord (5th June 2020), graciousb (7th June 2020), Harmony (4th June 2020), Hym (3rd June 2020), Ivanhoe (4th June 2020), justntime2learn (4th June 2020), Kalamos (4th June 2020), Kryztian (4th June 2020), kudzy (4th June 2020), Lilybee8 (4th June 2020), Luke Holiday (4th June 2020), Mark (4th June 2020), mountain_jim (4th June 2020), O Donna (3rd June 2020), OmeyocaN777 (3rd June 2020), RunningDeer (4th June 2020), Satori (3rd June 2020), silvanelf (3rd June 2020), Sirus (4th June 2020), Sophocles (4th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (3rd June 2020), sunflower (3rd June 2020), T Smith (4th June 2020), TravelerJim (3rd June 2020), Wind (4th June 2020), Yoda (4th June 2020)

18. Link to Post #250
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,490 times in 10,174 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Right on cue, Obama is now starting to make 'presidential' speeches, the ones that Trump should be making. (Whatever you might think about either of them, Obama is a better orator, and often seems to have a better speechwriter.)
    Obama is the greatest actor who ever lived, and I say that without a trace of irony as well as an intimate knowledge of the theater.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Ben (6th June 2020), ClearWater (4th June 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (4th June 2020), DeDukshyn (4th June 2020), East Sun (4th June 2020), graciousb (7th June 2020), justntime2learn (4th June 2020), onevoice (4th June 2020), RunningDeer (4th June 2020), T Smith (4th June 2020), Wind (4th June 2020)

20. Link to Post #251
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

from Davetoo:

That's it!

?

Hello Dave

I believe, in the court of law, when you combine all this, you may have justification for an arrest and the manner of restraint used - if it can be proven that standard technique/procedures were not violated.

Blessings Luke
    What is the level of intoxication that justifies being murdered again? I tried to google this but I couldn't find anything ...

Just an FYI ... there's lots of security and witness videos that showed how he had actually reacted to the police.

If the murderers get off because of the "toxicology report", it will be a clear indication that the great America is far more broken at its roots than it even seems from the outside.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 4th June 2020 at 00:07.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

AutumnW (4th June 2020), fractal being (4th June 2020), Luke Holiday (4th June 2020), Mark (4th June 2020)

22. Link to Post #252
    Language
    English
    Thanks

[QUOTE=DeDukshyn;1359251]
    [SIZE="3"][U][I]from Davetoo:

What is the level of intoxication that justifies being murdered again? I tried to google this but I couldn't find anything ...

Just an FYI ... there's lots of security and witness videos that showed how he had actually reacted to the police.

If the murderers get off because of the "toxicology report", it will be a clear indication that the great America is far more broken at its roots than it even seems from the outside.
    …. I wholeheartedly agree! ….

Realizing this is an emotionally supercharged issue which may in fact be orchestrated,

I wanted to put emotion aside and point out that in the court of law: it is not what is believed that matters... it is only what can be proved that counts.

It may also be of relevance to keep in mind that the accused are police officers/public servants with families (wives/children), who put their lives on the line a daily basis in order to keep citizenry and cities safe. Dealing effectively with drug addicts and thieves is not an easy task to say the least. With that written: I post the question: Are the accused police officers deserving of the legal presumption: innocent until proven guilty ?
    Blessings Luke
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 4th June 2020 at 03:01.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

DeDukshyn (4th June 2020)

24. Link to Post #253
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

note: Bill or mods, perhaps this post would be more appropriate in the racism thread. Feel free to move. Thx.

Hey Ernie, the same people that would have you kneel and beg for forgiveness are the same people that openly declare all white people are racist with the same axiomatic certainty as the existence of oxygen. The kneeling and grovelling is just as wrong and misguided as the blanket accusations of white racism, and neither are doing anyone any good.

Jess, I'd love to take a knee right along side of you for all of those injustices you listed, in a symbolic show of solidarity with all those that have been treated unfairly, but only if everyone else is kneeling down too. In other words, I'm not kneeling before anyone or any group of people in a gesture of submissiveness, regardless of the alleged intent behind it all. That's symbolic of power over, not power with. It's dangerous. Pseudo disciplines like “Intersectionality” have practically become religions, with slavery being frequently evoked as "original sin". It's all set up for whites who had nothing to do with slavery to present themselves submissively in front of blacks who were never slaves for what is essentially absolution for something neither of them was involved in. No thanks.

As a white guy I find this grovelling and begging embarrassing; if I were black I imagine I'd be even more embarrassed by it. I expect to see this type of self-flagellation becoming normalized though, unfortunately, as both sides struggle to find appropriate ways to express themselves. Cringey virtue signaling is nothing more than a game of one upmanship for the disingenuous “allies” ("I'll see your kneeling and begging and raise you some rose petal paths!"), and a power trip for those on the receiving end. If anything useful is going to come of all this mess, that has to end.

I'm not anti-emotion. I agree with everything Mark said about emotion, but it has to be within an appropriate framework.

Saying that everyone is racist has a kernel of truth to it, but only in the same way saying everyone has jealousy or bitterness or malevolence has some truth to it. It is a truth but it is not the truth. It's hardly a reasonable starting point to begin judging people and things around us. It's like pointing a finger at someone and accusing them of being imperfect and then demanding an apology for it. Most people are inherently good, actually...or at the very least more good than bad. That's a huge miracle, and we should all start our day thanking the heavens for it imo.

There is probably a baseline level of racism that exists within all of us. It's partially biological, I'd say, as we're all programmed to defend our cultures and tribes. When that becomes exaggerated, problems arise. But you can't eradicate it any more than you can eradicate dust, or the common cold. And you wouldn't really want to anyway. It serves a purpose. We frequently hear postmoderny, SJW catch words like "inclusivity", and "diversity" being uttered by those desiring "equity", which all sounds wonderful superficially but begins to fall apart upon closer examination.

You can't have total inclusivity and also have diversity, because over time borders and distinctions erode and it all becomes one homogeneous whole. Borders can be good things, both literally and symbolically, when applied in the proper doses. And yes, they can be destructive when overly emphasized..but they can't be done away with completely. Doing away with them will ultimately destroy diversity.

And none of this will ever produce “equity”, which is really a historically treacherous trick that has never really done anything besides create utopian genocide. And besides, it's impossible. How can you possibly equalize outcomes among all the identity groups??? Equality of opportunity should be what we're striving for, not equality of outcome (“equity”). And we have some work to do in that area, for sure. It really needs to improve. That should be a focal point of the dialogue, imo.

Of course we're hearing more and more about "white privilege" now...with confused, virtue signaling whites practically stumbling over themselves in order to be the first to confess to possessing it. White privilege of course is this idea that whites are basically advantaged in every way over blacks and other minorities.. across many or all dimensions(depending on who you're talking to... because these words are so malleable and contrived that they can mean virtually anything the user desires them to mean in the moment if it serves their particular ideology...which makes them especially dangerous in a kind of Orwellian way)

The Buddha said life is suffering. He's right. It's our natural state. All the existentialists over the years have said the same. It's a problem. But it's the inherent structure of being. And it's why one of the primary judeo/christian ethics has been to bear your burden nobly and conduct your life in a way that doesn't disgrace you. Carry your cross. That sort of thing. But the postmodern SJW's don't accept this; they want their lives to be cozy and safe and warm all the time. When they're not, they need something and someone to blame, quickly. And they blame oppression. It's easy blaming oppression because you don't have to think about anything else. The gender wage gap: oppression. Police brutality: oppression. The so called "patriarchy": oppression. There is oppression, of course, and it's a problem.. but in most instances it's much more complex than that.

We're all born with advantages and disadvantages. People are born a certain race or color for example, and born into certain socioeconomic strata that might make things especially difficult as their lives progress. Fair enough. But it doesn't stop there, and that's the problem with so called “white privilege”. Some people are also born with low intelligence; some people are born unattractive; some born without legs; some born with crippling diseases, etc. And some of those people are white. It's impossible to know a person's advantage or disadvantage based on the color of their skin. To attempt to make that judgment is precisely what racism is! You'd think the intersectionalists might have an issue with this idea of white privilege, but no...

Ok: do white people, in general, have advantages in some ways over blacks and other minorities? You could make that argument, sure. There's more of us, at least here in the states anyway. Nothing we can do about that. But look, that's exactly why you start your own country – to have advantages. There shouldn't be anything too terribly surprising or controversial about that.

We're also hearing a lot more about intersectionality now too, which is basically a way to continually create an unlimited number of allegedly oppressed groups by suggesting the most overlap equals the most oppression. For example, if you're a woman you're oppressed, but if you're a gay woman you're really oppressed; and if you're gay, female, and a single mother, you're super duper oppressed. If you're black on top of all of that, forget it. And so on. And on. And on. You may have noticed the gay/lesbian/ trans acronym growing to preposterously large proportions. It's beginning to eat itself, because you can't possibly create that many “oppressed” groups without also eventually creating rivalrous relationships between them. At some point in time, all those oppressed groups will be viewed by allegedly more oppressed groups as being their oppressors. And if by some miracle the acronym group doesn't eat itself, and it continues on indefinitely, it will finally arrive at such a highly nuanced “group” of people that could only be regarded as individuals. Oh the irony.

And that's where it all begins and ends, with us as individuals, and the amount of personal responsibility we're willing and able to assume as a result of that. Identity politics is not productive, as it only encourages the alleged oppressors to play the same game with even more force and dedication. It creates wide divisions that eventually get filled with things like violence and police brutality, among other things.

Protesting has it's place. And some new legislation needs to be enacted to further protect minorities. Law enforcement definitely needs to reform some of their procedures. But it really starts with the individual. Trite and frustrating maybe, but true. It's the best way to honor George Floyd , in my opinion
    Last edited by Mike; 4th June 2020 at 01:39.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Ben (6th June 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (4th June 2020), Constance (9th June 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (4th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (5th June 2020), Harmony (4th June 2020), Kryztian (4th June 2020)

26. Link to Post #254
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

.... With that written: I post the question: Are the accused police officers deserving of the legal presumption: innocent until proven guilty ?
    Blessings Luke
    Either way, toxicology should have zero to do with that, if we see otherwise, it will be telling.

That said, everyone should have the opportunity to tell their side of the story ... if even for nothing more than entertainment in the cases where it leads to nothing more than entertainment vs reality.

Maybe George had a stiff neck and Derek just went into "chiropractor" mode, but didn't actually have training, and accidentally killed him? Regardless, he should be allowed to tell his story.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 4th June 2020 at 01:34.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

AutumnW (4th June 2020), Luke Holiday (4th June 2020)

28. Link to Post #255
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks

Not sure what to think about all these.. it’s a Sad moment for the WORLD, but with the “quality” of politics we have around, WE have the responsibility to QUESTION everything... I personally think that ALL lives matter.. I feel there hasn’t been any justice for the 24 Mexico Americans killed by a white supremacist At Walmart here were I live in EL PASO,TX... there were no protest, no looters, no fires.. but was this because it wasn’t an election on the horizon??
    I found these comments around social media that makes me question EVERYTHING, A professor told me once.. there are ALWAYS 3 truths to every story.. yours, theirs and God’s (which we will never know)...and again it’s OUR responsibility to find all versions, this is a huge impact on the future political path USA will turn to.. it makes me want to question: Who will a USA elect to lead them.. a Racist lunatic Ass or a hypocrite pedophile pig... While this question remains unanswered.. take a look at some “strange” facts found..

1.- Aside to the fact that this gentleman GF knew his killer, they previously worked together, the ex cop, had worked as a crisis actor before..
    2.- Strangely ex cops neighbors comments on Nextdoor app mentioned that they never knew He was a cop..
    3.- You can check the video yourself, the police car had a license plate with word Police...Minneapolis police has all numbers
    4.- His autopsy was made by the same Dr that perform Epstein..Is He the only one in USA..?
    5.- Mr. GFloyd had a strange tattoo.. having strange tattoos is not the problem..but the meaning of them is.. it represents a club “Ordo Ab Chaos” strangely this tattoo was also identified on a body in several porn videos of a black man named Kimberly Brinks..

I was only able to attached 5 pic on one post.. (this 2 pending)
    6.- pictures of protesters strange by piles of bricks conveniently stacked on the sidewalks for them to use..
    7.- This past January a member of the attorney general of Minnesota (Jacob Frey) Democrat Keith Ellison posted on social media an extremist ANTIFA logo as a proud sign..

True or not.. these facts makes you question who you want as a leader...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BA472476-1BC9-479A-9128-318D2E49D498.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	43744   Click image for larger version

Name:	64970491-D79B-4AB6-8C72-04FBF114A35B.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	43745   Click image for larger version

Name:	90D2C170-8621-4599-99D7-30D05AA125BB.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	43746   Click image for larger version

Name:	6486977E-D7CB-4CEB-B3C5-91103EB2F334.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	43747   Click image for larger version

Name:	872E45AD-A03E-4B35-A65A-1395B39F6B45.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	43748  

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lilybee8 For This Post:

graciousb (7th June 2020), kudzy (4th June 2020), Luke Holiday (4th June 2020)

30. Link to Post #256
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks

Pending pictures of last comment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0F502FE9-C03F-40BA-ACE8-F29918C71579.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	43749   Click image for larger version

Name:	37380D07-AFE6-4B75-958A-AF363EA9CE8C.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	43750  

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilybee8 For This Post:

Luke Holiday (4th June 2020)

32. Link to Post #257
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Jess, I'd love to take a knee right along side of you for all of those injustices you listed, in a symbolic show of solidarity with all those that have been treated unfairly, but only if everyone else was kneeling down too. In other words, I'm not kneeling before anyone or any group of people in a gesture of submissiveness, regardless of the alleged intent behind it all. That's symbolic of power over, not power with. It's dangerous. Pseudo disciplines like “Intersectionality” have practically become religions, with slavery being frequently evoked as "original sin". It's all set up for whites who had nothing to do with slavery to present themselves submissively in front of blacks who were never slaves for what is essentially absolution for something neither of them was involved in. No thanks.

- "Taking a knee," started with Colin Kaepernick, a football player who kicked off the trend in the NFL. The action was taken by a number of players during the playing of the National Anthem to protest police brutality in the U.S. It is not a gesture of submission, it is a gesture of solidarity to kneel with those who suffer under oppression--not towards them in personal apology.

This has pretty much nothing to do with hair splitting political correctness on campuses or elsewhere in society. Of course white and class privilege takes many forms -- but those who leverage the narcissism of small differences to support their own agendas, may not get far this time. The issue of minorities being killled by police will supercede that nonsense and rain on their parade of a thousand pronouns.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 4th June 2020 at 02:08.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Harmony (4th June 2020), Mark (4th June 2020), Mike (4th June 2020)

34. Link to Post #258
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Jess, I'd love to take a knee right along side of you for all of those injustices you listed, in a symbolic show of solidarity with all those that have been treated unfairly, but only if everyone else was kneeling down too. In other words, I'm not kneeling before anyone or any group of people in a gesture of submissiveness, regardless of the alleged intent behind it all. That's symbolic of power over, not power with. It's dangerous. Pseudo disciplines like “Intersectionality” have practically become religions, with slavery being frequently evoked as "original sin". It's all set up for whites who had nothing to do with slavery to present themselves submissively in front of blacks who were never slaves for what is essentially absolution for something neither of them was involved in. No thanks.

- "Taking a knee," started with Colin Kaepernick, a football player who kicked off the trend in the NFL. The action was taken by a number of players during the playing of the National Anthem to protest police brutality in the U.S. It is not a gesture of submission, it is a gesture of solidarity to kneel with those who suffer under oppression--not towards them in personal apology.

This has pretty much nothing to do with hair splitting political correctness on campuses or elsewhere in society. Of course white and class privilege takes many forms -- but those who leverage the narcissism of small differences to support their own agendas, may not get far this time. The issue of minorities being killled by police will supercede that nonsense and rain on their parade of a thousand pronouns.

Sorry, maybe I'm conflating a few different things there as far as the kneeling thing goes. I was originally referring to the video a few pages back showing the white people all bowing in front of the black folks etc.

I wish I didn't, but I think those hair splitting political correct'ers will totally exploit what happened here with George Floyd. I'm seeing and hearing it everywhere. It's building up, and I s'pose Im just trying to get ahead of it.

I listen to a lot of talk radio. Sports, mainly. Not because I'm in love with sports really, but because I generally hate the radio music and I can't stomach politics. And what I'm hearing is all this contrived language from the SJW lexicon: white frailty, white privilege, intersectionality etc. It appears to be becoming mainstream, from where I'm standing.

Change the language, change the mind. It frightens me

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

AutumnW (4th June 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (4th June 2020), Constance (9th June 2020), graciousb (7th June 2020), Harmony (4th June 2020), Lilybee8 (4th June 2020)

36. Link to Post #259
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,401 times in 4,618 posts

I think it’s valid part of the reason of why public response is so exaggerated at this time: if it was not, the state and “deep state” can deal with it and make it disappear overnight, I can assure you they can.
    The noise and naivety of the crowd is huge but so is some of yours( and mine).
    They chant names of past victims of police killings, true but there are thousands of nameless people who just disappear. Not that you care.

The state and deep state can arrange any story come out as true if the case is not publicised and handled under public scrutiny in open with too many people watching.

What a naivety thinking that any past or standing government represent “truth and justice”. They care about their image the most.

It will go on and on from the deeply dirty minds, forever.

Unlike Bill, I know what I’m talking about as I was in hands of exactly those dirty people down in Uruguay whether they were who they claimed I can not verify.

I don’t trust anyone since, for their misogynist attitudes and effort to “blame the victim”. that is me in this case. Every man I encountered put this sour grin on their face as if I was the terrorist and there was some crime I did not admit to.
    I was beaten repeatedly by sticks, almost strangled, survived half year in closed cell without escape, all in expense of your NSA.
    The life threat will never stop. I am just a girl you know, half of your weight and stature , studied philosophy, meditation, healing arts etc. No martial arts trainings and no I did not provoke those people or steal their steaks because I don’t eat meat.

These lies will never stop and me too will die in vain that much I can tell you. You’ve rejected my Bodhgaya testimony back then other than “some experience” and you’ve rejected the rest of my testimony even when I was in life danger.

The same attitude you’re seeking with George Floyd and other victims of this criminal world for being “too weak” to compete with machos and their crimes.

Submission ? Spitting is fined here momentarily in India so I can’t do that but what I had to endure in your NSA cell there was filthy man. Mentally and verbally and physically , filthy.

So for that very reason , I won’t apologise. And you can’t smash things under the table and if you do the dirt becomes bigger.
    The shining ignorance of belittling, humiliations and lies to glorify one man on the top and his retinue.

And one thing I can cleanly say on their behalf that is positive, those people are far less pretentious about their motivations, methods and capabilities than anyone in the state apparatus, researchers and friends, they will tell you exactly what is the game all about, globally, names of players, what’s on the bigger plan and who of your friends can be counted on and who are “dead men”.
    I’m talking of deep state that employs people with IQs 170 and above, not IQ 100.
    So you understand what are they doing and having hands in about every government and big organisation in this world and their security systems.

If they wanted it too bad I’d not be here now, obviously, the only thing that did help at that particular point was a remote Finnish professor of linguistics and Buddhism composing my certified CV, with names of schools, publications etc.
    He was very brave to do that for me, if I would not be this verified I’d be buried in the garden now and all of my international friends would think I ran away for better future.
    Last edited by Agape; 4th June 2020 at 04:44.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

AutumnW (4th June 2020), fractal being (4th June 2020), Kryztian (4th June 2020), Mark (4th June 2020), Patient (4th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (4th June 2020), sllim11 (5th June 2020)

38. Link to Post #260
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ok: do white people, in general, have advantages in some ways over blacks and other minorities? You could make that argument, sure. There's more of us, at least here in the states anyway. Nothing we can do about that. But look, that's exactly why you start your own country – to have advantages. There shouldn't be anything too terribly surprising or controversial about that.

Mike,

Where does Jordan Peterson's 'meritocracy of the competent' fit in here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721JQZw6Spg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst 1 3 13 23 24 LastLast