+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst 1 11 21 24 LastLast

Thread: The death of George Floyd in police hands, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

1. Link to Post #401
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Default Re: The death of George Floyd in police hands, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Crazy times right now, literally a little hard to believe.

Without apology to anyone at all (particularly my closest friends here ), here's Tucker Carlson talking a great deal of sense last night in an utterly nonsensical, mob-driven, hysterical climate.

Huffington Post were quick to respond predominantly using a bunch of twitter comments calling Tucker Carlson a DANGEROUS RACIST.

Quote TUCKER CARLSON STUNS TWITTER USERS WITH 'MOST RACIST' THING HE'S EVER SAID."[/B]

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b6948cbc5c8d0f
    They did put this comment in their fine print though- at the very bottom of the article that is drenched in twitter statements.

Quote Tucker’s warning about ‘when they come for you’ was clearly referring to Democratic leaders and inner city politicians,” a Fox News spokesperson told HuffPost.
    Last edited by Gemma13; 9th June 2020 at 18:28.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), gini (9th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), Mike (9th June 2020), onawah (9th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (10th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #402
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,116 times in 8,176 posts

Keeping the mouthy "right" OUT of the public meltdown of the mouthy "left", isn't such a bad thing.

You GO facebook, youtube, twitter.

30 channels of zombie trick or treat on the TV to choose from would cost billions or trillions in political advertising.

Just one oppositional violent retaliation would kill all that. Why are the silent majority SO silent ? That's the elephant in the room for me. Something is keeping the sane majority and the executive branch tightly on the same page.

A 'psyop' ?
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Mike (9th June 2020), onawah (9th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (10th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #403
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,359 times in 639 posts

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    Speaking of crazy times (and stupid, loaded poll questions) - saw this at Neon's place... was it wrong that I laughed?

This reminds me of the 'liberal' outrage a while ago when they made a poll among Star Wars fans about the new movies and if they would rather side with that 'feminist' Rebel Alliance or the bad guys, guess who won.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Mike (9th June 2020), mountain_jim (9th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #404
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

CNN talk to LISA BENDER again to get clarity on what she means by DEFUND THE POLICE. She explains it is a plan to segment the police and the services they supply. Bender claimed that a majority in their community were demanding this, for example, the University of Minnesota had withdrawn their support for the police department.

Quote https://www.mndaily.com/article/2020...-5ecf20a2b9653

In a campus-wide email, Gabel announced that the University will no longer contract with MPD for law enforcement support during large events or for specialized services such as explosive detection. MPD will still participate in joint patrols and "investigations that directly enhance the safety of our community."
    The move comes a day after undergraduate student body president Jael Kerandi publicly demanded that the University cease all partnerships with MPD, launching a petition on social media. 

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), Mike (9th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #405
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,414 times in 3,425 posts

The problem with Keith Ellison and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is not that they are way left liberals with naive airy fairy notions about peace and equality on earth, but that they are indistinguisable from such neoconservative war mongers as Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz. Why are they exclaiming "Defund the police!" and not instead "Defund the military?" Why do they want to close police stations which the majority of Americans find comforting and reassuring to have in their communities but say nothing about the military bases which most Earthlings tend to find terrifying to have in their neighborhoods? Many African Americans have been unjustly killed, hurt, served prisons sentences for crimes they did not commit or see the person who committed a crime against them go scott free. We know many of these names and their stories. And there are hundreds more, many even thousands, from the last two decades. But they and the media have told us zero stories of 2 millions Iraqis who have died in the U.S. War and occupation, zero stories of the families in Afghanistan who were droned bomb during a family wedding, zero stories of the U.S. supported jihadist "rebels" that have transformed cities in Syria into piles of rubble. In fact, people like Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning are the most severly prosecuted by the U.S. government.

It is questionable what defunding the police would do for Americans, including people of color, but it is absolutely clear that if we would have started to defund the military and close overseas bases 20 years ago, it would have save millions of lives in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, Libya and other places and not ruined the economy these nations. Why save billions on paying for police when you can save trillions by reining in military spending. Ellison and Ocasio-Cortez position them selves as some high moral caring force, yet their silence on these issues clearly shows, they are disinterested in alleviating the real suffering in the world and gladly complicit to be cogs in the wheel that bring about the Project for A New American Century.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Adi (9th June 2020), Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Jayke (9th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), kfm27917 (9th June 2020), Mark (9th June 2020), Mike (9th June 2020), mountain_jim (9th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (10th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #406
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

In his monologue last night, Tucker Carlson raised a thoughtful question. He pondered the purpose behind the big media push/events regarding the idea of "Abolish the Police." I think many of us can sense that something is up.

I read this thought-provoking comment on Twitter yesterday that I think may address Tucker Carlson's question, in part. Food for thought ...

https://twitter.com/ETheFriend/statu...84013312700416

As far back as the 80's I've had this saying, "the extremes played against the middle". That's probably at play here.
    Most people reading Avalon are familiar with the Hegel's Dialect, and social engineering, (problem, reaction, solution).
    I think most of us we tend to consider this as we decide for ourselves what to think.
    E.'s statement made sense to me.

I'd like to hear what others think about it.

The idea would be much like Mark/Rahkyt, I, and others have stated earlier in this thread; become engaged in the solutions to institutionalized corruption, thoughtfully. (And with an eye of not being socially maneuvered into something that would lead to a further entrenchment of a technocratic/surveillance state.)

Today, Colorado has passed it's first vote process on police reform. I haven't had a chance to look more closely at it, but am sharing here for reference.

Colorado Republicans get on board major police reform bill (The vote was 32-1)

SB20-217, Enhance Law Enforcement Integrity, Concerning measures to enhance law enforcement integrity.

This was probably already written up before the recent current events.

Additionally, an interesting development with the IBM CEO stepping down and his letter of resignation.

IBM is exiting the face recognition business

Quote In a letter to members of Congress on Monday, IBM said it is exiting the general-purpose facial recognition business and said it opposes the use of such technology for mass surveillance and racial profiling.

Why it matters: Facial recognition software is controversial for a number of reasons, including the potential for human rights violations as well as evidence that the technology is less accurate in identifying people of color.

What he's saying: "IBM no longer offers general purpose IBM facial recognition or analysis software," CEO Arvind Krishna said in the letter. "IBM firmly opposes and will not condone uses of any technology, including facial recognition technology offered by other vendors, for mass surveillance, racial profiling, violations of basic human rights and freedoms, or any purpose which is not consistent with our values and Principles of Trust and Transparency."

The big picture: An IBM representative told Axios that the decisions were made over a period of months and have been communicated with customers, though this is the first public mention of the decision. IBM said it will "no longer market, sell or update these products" but will support existing clients as needed.

What to watch: The letter also included Krishna's suggestions for legislation around police reform and the responsible use of technology. IBM said that AI, for example, has a role to play in law enforcement, but should be thoroughly vetted to make sure it doesn't contain bias. The company is also calling for stricter federal laws on police misconduct.
    • "Congress should bring more police misconduct cases under federal court purview and should make modifications to the qualified immunity doctrine that prevents individuals from seeking damages when police violate their constitutional rights," Krishna said.
    • "Congress should also establish a federal registry of police misconduct and adopt measures to encourage or compel states and localities to review and update use-of-force policies."
    Last edited by edina; 9th June 2020 at 19:40.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Ben (10th June 2020), Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), kfm27917 (9th June 2020), Mark (9th June 2020), mountain_jim (9th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #407
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,463 times in 2,850 posts

Hey Mike

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    are all white people are racist with the same axiomatic certainty as the existence of oxygen. The kneeling and grovelling is just as wrong and misguided as the blanket accusations of white racism, and neither are doing anyone any good.
    Yes. Such acts require you to have a certain kind of empathy, compassion that not everyone has. Moral relativity, depending upon if you look at it individually or collectively? From a personal standpoint things that seem odious could be considered to be part of societal function, how folks of different orientations and beliefs co-create a civil society. Barring the genocidal plans of the elite, everybody just wants equity. I've not been present to any groveling nor blanket accusations and that is where the saving grace lies. People do what people do, institutions have long-term investment paths. I kinda like the analogy or evolution of the 14th Amendment to be meant for freed slaves and their descendants but hijacked by corporations. In my scifi mind, I see corporate entities conscious as AI, taking sides right now and determining what future they want to see coming. In the most mundane of conspirial lore posits AI's ubiquitous deployment across all aspects of human activity divorces us from ourselves, encapsulating humanity within its electronic cocoon and taking care of all of our needs. Corporate and governmental cultivation of higher and higher forms, quantum computing consciousnesses. It puts me in mind of Mok's computer in Rock and Rule.

I'm not anti-emotion. I agree with everything Mark said about emotion, but it has to be within an appropriate framework.
    What is the appropriate framework?

Saying that everyone is racist has a kernel of truth to it, but only in the same way saying everyone has jealousy or bitterness or malevolence has some truth to it. It is a truth but it is not the truth. It's hardly a reasonable starting point to begin judging people and things around us. It's like pointing a finger at someone and accusing them of being imperfect and then demanding an apology for it. Most people are inherently good, actually...or at the very least more good than bad. That's a huge miracle, and we should all start our day thanking the heavens for it imo.
    I thank heaven for it every day. Black kid in the 80s living in Washington State, our basketball team, located in the town next to a military base, was more diverse than entire towns we'd go play after a league downgrade. Little hate, old white men pushing my 16 year old self out of a snowdrift so I would be late for my SAT test, a guy on a lonely highway in Indiana, taking my entire family effectively 20 miles out of his way to get us out of harms way. I have to talk to and live with and interact with folks who voted for Donald Trump everyday and all is fine, we communicate effectively and generally cultivate good will.

I am pretty sure at this point that racism exists as a construct as do all other ideological artifacts, sociofacts and mentifacts. White supremacy, black nationalism, feminism.

I don't think people, generally, have time or the inclination to invoke any of these constructs consciously on a daily basis. But we build it and interpret it all in a way that guides the decisions we make in our function within the greater corporate entities, state apparatus and nations. I can't make a change in my little city all alone. It takes coalitions that represent the collective will of some of the people. I don't believe that everyone "doesn't care" about government as a reason for not voting. People are just like the voters do that and I'm generally ok. I'm good. Until they're not good, then they come out. Which is the only way we influence the change. Then we have to deal with the bureaucracy of the city and create budgets all of it necessary to keep the cities going.

People are always high in their intentions and that is never more clear than when they are passionate about something.

And none of this will ever produce “equity”, which is really a historically treacherous trick that has never really done anything besides create utopian genocide. And besides, it's impossible. How can you possibly equalize outcomes among all the identity groups??? Equality of opportunity should be what we're striving for, not equality of outcome (“equity”). And we have some work to do in that area, for sure. It really needs to improve. That should be a focal point of the dialogue, imo.
    I suspect that's the real and deeper purpose that Black Lives Matter as a political movement. I can't find any quality sources that say that Black Lives Matter is a corporate entity now even though I've seen and heard some very influential folks say that it is. When and if I say Black Lives Matter it is in the context of making All Lives Matter a truth in America. Not an alignment toward fascist corporatism, even though that culture is now ubiquitous and it suffuses our lives and all we do every single day. It is our reality. Where we are.

The Buddha said life is suffering. He's right. It's our natural state. All the existentialists over the years have said the same. It's a problem. But it's the inherent structure of being. And it's why one of the primary judeo/christian ethics has been to bear your burden nobly and conduct your life in a way that doesn't disgrace you. Carry your cross. That sort of thing. But the postmodern SJW's don't accept this; they want their lives to be cozy and safe and warm all the time. When they're not, they need something and someone to blame, quickly. And they blame oppression. It's easy blaming oppression because you don't have to think about anything else. The gender wage gap: oppression. Police brutality: oppression. The so called "patriarchy": oppression. There is oppression, of course, and it's a problem.. but in most instances it's much more complex than that.
    Absolutely. Some of those postmodern SJWs do live cozy and safe and warm lives.

In essence, we're all making the choice of the world we want to live in right now. It's not going to look like what anybody thinks it will. None of this has happened exactly as predicted but it is happening. Those complexities have created every condition of this global discussion we're having and the prismed multipolar sides have all of the energy and creativity of the human race behind each one of them. Big George was more than most people think he was. It's this complexity, that the stories, the interrelations, the individual acts that create the storyline interact and look like meaningful coincidence or deliberate agency.

Once we pass certain benchmarks though, we arrive at another choice point. And they keep coming hard and fast right now.

We're also hearing a lot more about intersectionality now too, which is basically a way to continually create an unlimited number of allegedly oppressed groups by suggesting the most overlap equals the most oppression. For example, if you're a woman you're oppressed, but if you're a gay woman you're really oppressed; and if you're gay, female, and a single mother, you're super duper oppressed. If you're black on top of all of that, forget it. And so on. And on. And on. You may have noticed the gay/lesbian/ trans acronym growing to preposterously large proportions. It's beginning to eat itself, because you can't possibly create that many “oppressed” groups without also eventually creating rivalrous relationships between them. At some point in time, all those oppressed groups will be viewed by allegedly more oppressed groups as being their oppressors. And if by some miracle the acronym group doesn't eat itself, and it continues on indefinitely, it will finally arrive at such a highly nuanced “group” of people that could only be regarded as individuals. Oh the irony.
    You have just broken down all of human history. Point being, the evolution of every society, ever, can be defined and described in this way if you switch out the particulars of geography and ethnicity. I'd imagine, as it continues, human nature will continue to mess up the works of all dastardly plans to destroy us. So we're in another phase, working out some local and global issues of ethnic interrelation and as we are doing so as a human family, raising consciousness, Bad Actors are up to their usual machinations. This is the view from the macro and the spiritual stance, these things just are what they are in the world and we exist as part of these larger trends. They're going to happen regardless.

But the difference from the past and human history is what so many have pointed to and why we are all here. It is different this time. We have left the planet. This particular time and this particular conversation in the context of that truth is a also a discussion about how we are going to enter the Space Age as a planet. Because that is where we are. Right? Are there those here who see that as a bad thing? How are our current social structures supposed to work in that context? Are we taking them with us? Into the future? On this planet and beyond?

And that's where it all begins and ends, with us as individuals, and the amount of personal responsibility we're willing and able to assume as a result of that. Identity politics is not productive, as it only encourages the alleged oppressors to play the same game with even more force and dedication. It creates wide divisions that eventually get filled with things like violence and police brutality, among other things.

Protesting has it's place. And some new legislation needs to be enacted to further protect minorities. Law enforcement definitely needs to reform some of their procedures. But it really starts with the individual. Trite and frustrating maybe, but true. It's the best way to honor George Floyd , in my opinion
    Peace.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Ben (10th June 2020), Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Forest Denizen (11th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), kfm27917 (9th June 2020), Mike (9th June 2020), mountain_jim (9th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (9th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #408
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    It is really really a weirdly scary time but also COULD BE a breakthrough moment... THE breakthrough I dream about where we respect one another as friends (maximum support), leave one another to make individual choices (minimal laws) and also KEEP EVOLVING (ongoing self TRUTH)!!!
    I believe this. I watched Tucker Carleson's most recent video, the one that Bill posted. The fear is intense. It's all continuing to be set up and seen as an event, a benchmark, a jettison into the unknown.

When it's not. White folks and black folks know each other in the USA. We know native folks, our ancestors have known and loved native folks. I can't speak to every country but with all of the horrors and periods of American history its brought us here, further than any other nation in dealing with these issues, of making the attempt to solve the most bedeviling aspect of human interaction. How to create tribe, bigger than just me and mine. Given world conditions and the reality of where we are now as a human race the crossroads that we face is one of the most fateful ever, or in this Age at least considering the spiraling, cyclic nature of each Age and how we engage the same collective issues at higher levels of iteration and ascendant resonation.

We are the agents of that "evolving ongoing self TRUTH" and as we choose collectively the reality manifests around our individual choices as we choose with our friends and family until we are called to figure out who exactly that is and we decide by collective choice how that's going to look. How exactly it is going to look.

The Sages have been eventually hopeful, at least.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Ben (10th June 2020), Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Eva2 (12th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), kfm27917 (9th June 2020), Kryztian (9th June 2020), mountain_jim (9th June 2020), norman (9th June 2020), sllim11 (10th June 2020), Tam (12th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020), wondering (10th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #409
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    If they wanted it too bad I’d not be here now, obviously, the only thing that did help at that particular point was a remote Finnish professor of linguistics and Buddhism composing my certified CV, with names of schools, publications etc.
    He was very brave to do that for me, if I would not be this verified I’d be buried in the garden now and all of my international friends would think I ran away for better future.
    Respect, Agape.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Hym (here)
    Still, some of our existence here, maybe the largest part of it, is totally dependent upon us doing much more than speaking out. Many of us here are here just for this.
    Yes. That is how I feel. How I have always felt. Came back to the USA after 2 years in Canada in 2012, for this.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Ben (10th June 2020), Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Forest Denizen (11th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), Kryztian (10th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (10th June 2020), Tam (12th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020), wondering (10th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #410
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,102 times in 20,640 posts

Psyops like years of fluoride in the water, mercury, aluminum and other toxins in vaccines, a cocktail of other toxins in the air via chemtrails, vehicle and factory pollution. pesticides and insecticides in the soil, GMOs, processed food without nutrition but loaded with additives, toxic frequencies, out and out brainwashing and mind control -- the list goes on and on.
    It's a wonder people can think at all.
    Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Just one oppositional violent retaliation would kill all that. Why are the silent majority SO silent ? That's the elephant in the room for me. Something is keeping the sane majority and the executive branch tightly on the same page.

A 'psyop' ?
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ben (10th June 2020), Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Constance (9th June 2020), Creedence (10th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), Mark (9th June 2020), mountain_jim (9th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)

21. Link to Post #411
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,467 times in 4,332 posts

Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)
    There was a video showing when Floyd resisted arrest and that's when he was put in the back of the police cruiser #320 after the events mentioned here:
    Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)
    The actual arrest where the "arrestors" are seen coming from across the street where the police car # 320 is parked on the other street and where the two officers are seen wearing body cams (black rectangular patch on right pocket and on chest) and where Floyd is seen being walked back without resistance to the # 320 car at the end of the video (video is now unavailable)
    But I couldn't find that video anymore. Floyd was in the back of the car #320 and then pulled out of it to end up on the ground with 4 officers holding him down.

That's probably the reason why it took three days to charge these officers with manslaughter and the disappearance of that video but the circulation of the main one which allowed to lit the fuse to jump start the agenda.
    It doesn't really matter now that Soros' orchestra was given the green light to broadcast its tune all over the place... but:

Conversation

Paul Sperry @paulsperry_

BREAKING: Minnesota Attorney General Keith "X" Ellison refuses to publicly release video footage from the body cams of accused cops who struggled with 6-4, 235-lb George Floyd. Footage is said to reveal Floyd violently resisting arrest and fighting with cops inside police vehicle

8:28 PM · Jun 8, 2020·

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), kfm27917 (9th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #412
    Thanks

Thank you, Chester.

Quote Posted by Chester (here)
    Yes, this was 1977... but there's no way in the world you can convince me that the "white privilege" that played a role in my outcome... and the lack of "white privilege" that played a roll in the young black kid, first time offender that got 5 years in the state penitentiary isn't an example of a deep, systemic and institutional racism. The pain of this... the pain that has to be felt and passed through generations of African Americans is something that... that seems so incredibly powerful, understandable, informative... and I have absolutely no clue how this could ever heal.
    It is deep and abiding, it is certain. In African Americans and white Americans. It has taken an inter-generational toll to materially, socially and mentally dominate and be subjugated based upon a self-evident Truth. It has to be taught to children, is not fully epigenetic. We always have choice and people overcome their programming because that's what we do. When we choose to.

Black pain is real and abiding it starts young at the first realization of the nature of society. I grew up in integrated environments always, being a military brat and moving every two years around the nation and the world. Losing my friends, their eyes changed when we had the lesson about, here in America, slavery. Before that, kids were kids but after that, society begins intercede in personal relationships. One on one relationships remain cordial or intimate but unless there is conscious deliberation once small groups collect the dynamic shifts. So there is no getting away from that and we learn to play certain roles in societal flash points that take us out of ourselves and into the collective, I think, a lot more than white folks ever have to, until very recently. This is all happening so fast now.

That young black boy was present for you in a greater way, Chester, some of those synchronicities you mentioned.

Blacks who don't grow up around whites don't have a personal connection, memories, to create positive association and so whites are seen as an abstraction, much as it occurs on the other side of that equation. School, job and socialization continue to reinforce these divisions at every level of society at nigh subconscious levels unless you are forced to look at them constantly. Like those outside of the mainstream must. Day in and day out, a negative and subordinate reality right there, you can see it, hear it, but can't touch or taste it, it's beyond you forever because of the color of your skin in America and other nations. These are the basic senses of human cognition and belonging. And yet, you live in an era when life has demonstrably changed for all people, for the better. The contradiction between those two realities can create cognitive dissonance and a spiraling down into fear unless you make a choice. A choice about how - you desire your world to be. Individually.

I send energy that it heal... all the time, have done so ever since I was a teenager. But it doesn't seem to have changed.
    Amorphous, undirected energy? Or energy directed and intentioned to affect the genetic cellular database?

But I am under no illusion that any of my "inner goodness" and outer reflection of such balances the generational pain felt in the hearts of so many of the African American community here in the US.

I am at a loss... I have no answers... It will play out the way it should? We'll see.
    I've always had a very clear "feeling" about you, Chester, I like you. As I like others here and have some who have been ejected in the most public fashion.

We're still here and we will live to see a higher discussion around the issues that consume our nation and the world.
    Last edited by Mark; 9th June 2020 at 23:01.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

AutumnW (10th June 2020), Ben (11th June 2020), Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Forest Denizen (11th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), sllim11 (10th June 2020), Tam (12th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020), wondering (10th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #413
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    Speaking of crazy times (and stupid, loaded poll questions) - saw this at Neon's place... was it wrong that I laughed?

Right. This is exactly on point and where we are. Corporations tempt us with our desires, this virtue signalling. Billions. Enough to buy influence in space and maybe contracts in the asteroid belt and then, Nike Planet.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

AutumnW (10th June 2020), Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Forest Denizen (11th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), mountain_jim (9th June 2020), onawah (11th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #414
    Thanks

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    The idea would be much like Mark/Rahkyt, I, and others have stated earlier in this thread; become engaged in the solutions to institutionalized corruption, thoughtfully. (And with an eye of not being socially maneuvered into something that would lead to a further entrenchment of a technocratic/surveillance state.)
    This is my personal stance and what I see as the only way to proceed. We aren't in a position currently to wield any power toward ensuring this end, but each decision leads down a path more or less in a direction where human agency remains paramount, which is how i am tending toward understanding the issues in my own personal decision-making process. Understanding the players and the deeper levels of the game has brought us to this point of actualization. The only sane response is to act, to make the choices wherever you are that wend us through the technological and ethical maze forward toward respecting the individual good of all while simultaneously providing for the collective.

Unless genocide knocks the majority of the human population out at once and that 500 million the Georgia Guidestones recommends becomes the norm we still have to live through it all doing what we can wherever we are.

It feels to me like we've arrived at a point where it has become increasingly evident that these distinctions between polarities and their succedent effects will have to play out.

Barring a planetary or cosmic event like pole shift, a galactic wave or a solar kill shot we have no other choice. With such events, the scenario is simplified and stark.
    Last edited by Mark; 9th June 2020 at 23:16. Reason: grammar

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

AutumnW (10th June 2020), Ben (11th June 2020), Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (9th June 2020), Eva2 (12th June 2020), Forest Denizen (11th June 2020), Hym (10th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), Kryztian (10th June 2020), mountain_jim (9th June 2020), norman (10th June 2020), onevoice (10th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (10th June 2020), sllim11 (10th June 2020), Tam (12th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #415
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Quote Posted by Mark/Rahkyt (here)
    Quote Posted by edina (here)
    This is my personal stance and what I see as the only way to proceed. We aren't in a position currently to wield any power toward ensuring this end, but each decision leads down a path more or less in a direction where human agency remains paramount, which is how i am tending toward understanding the issues in my own personal decision-making process. Understanding the players and the deeper levels of the game has brought us to this point of actualization. The only sane response is to act, to make the choices wherever you are that wend us through the technological and ethical maze forward toward respecting the individual good of all while simultaneously providing for the collective.

Unless genocide knocks the majority of the human population at once and that 500 million the Georgia Guidestones recommends becomes the norm we still have to live through it all doing what we can wherever we are.

It feels to me like we've arrived at a point where it has become increasingly evident that these distinctions between polarities and their succedent effects will have to play out.

Barring a planetary or cosmic event like pole shift, a galactic wave or a solar kill shot we have no other choice. With such events, the scenario is simplified and stark.
    I like your thinking, Mark. Rational and compassionate, and intelligent, if you don't mind me saying. The left needs more voices like yours, not that the right couldn't benefit from your sage reflections on the path forward either.

I would definitely support your efforts were I a constituent of your district.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

AutumnW (10th June 2020), Ben (11th June 2020), Bill Ryan (9th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), Mark (9th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020), wondering (10th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #416
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,577 times in 32,794 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    The left needs more voices like yours, not that the right couldn't benefit from your sage reflections on the path forward either.
    I'd suggest, with genuine respect to all, that the 'left-right' thing really isn't helpful or useful. Not in the slightest.

We may need some words to describe the various positions, views, and possible agendas, but those words need to be very carefully chosen. And there may be quite a few words needed, too, not just such a trite, glib depiction of such complex issues that's promoted by all mainstream political parties everywhere.

Here's my beef. Of course, black lives matter. (I'm NOT going to put that in Title Case.)

Because white lives matter, too.

So do the lives of
    • The domestically abused
    • Abused children
    • Native Americans (I wonder what they think about all this?)
    • The Uyghurs, a million of them in China's "re-education camps"
    • Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh (a million of them, too)
    • The San Bushmen, who've been displaced from the Kalahari desert where they had lived for 40,000 years
    • The Australian Aborigines, and the New Zealand Maoris
    • All the poorest people in the world who live on less than $1 a day
    • The indigenous tribes in the Amazon rain forest
    • Julian Assange (and 1001 other political prisoners whose names we may never know)
    • Everyone reading this.

32. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (9th June 2020), Alan (10th June 2020), Anka (9th June 2020), Ben (11th June 2020), Chris Gilbert (10th June 2020), David Trd1 (13th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (10th June 2020), Eva2 (12th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), holcaul (10th June 2020), Hym (10th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), kudzy (9th June 2020), Mark (9th June 2020), mountain_jim (9th June 2020), onevoice (10th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (10th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020), wondering (10th June 2020), Yoda (10th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #417
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    We may need some words to describe the various positions, views, and possible agendas, but those words need to be very carefully chosen. And there may be quite a few words needed, too, not just such a trite, glib depiction of such complex issues that's promoted by all mainstream political parties everywhere.

Here's my beef. Of course, black lives matter. (I'm NOT going to put that in Title Case.)

Because white lives matter, too.
    And this is what I see as the outcome of this particular juncture of this enjoining, Bill.

A deeper understanding of why All Lives Matter is contested. An integration of that understanding into a decision to focus, finally, on all lives instead of just some, if that can even be done in the context of our world economic system and the clear desire of the majority of the planet's people that all they want to collectively do is chill and do their thing if left alone to do so, engaging and loving when chosen, pursuing their individuated conceptions of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in their own countries and their own languages. The ubiquitous movement toward a collectivized global culture requires a "buy-in" by the people, the acceptance of standards of beauty and value in material objects and the trappings of wealth and social standing.

Do you think black people would be yelling Black Lives Matter if they didn't already believe that All Lives Matter? And this is at the level of people, individuals and groups.

Dred Scott Decision, 1857:
    Quote [African Americans] had for more than a century before been regarded as beings of an inferior order, and altogether unfit to associate with the white race, either in social or political relations; and so far inferior, that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect; and that the negro might justly and lawfully be reduced to slavery for his benefit. He was bought and sold, and treated as an ordinary article of merchandise and traffic, whenever a profit could be made by it.
    All lives do matter. Including black lives, which have not mattered, ever, in American history and maybe since the dawn of the rise of the West and the ascendancy of European interpretations of the Cosmos to the top of the Pyramid. Black lives mattered before then, certainly, as all lives did and race was not weaponized in a similar way to how it has been in these days of identity politics and increasing dehumanization of populations. It seems like people dehumanized in specific instances culturally based upon in and out-group politics but never to the extent we are familiar with and are living through now.

By saying that Domestically Abused Lives Matter and
    Abused Children's Lives matter and
    Red Lives Matter and
    Uyghur Lives Matter and
    Rohingya Lives Matter and
    San Bushmen Lives Matter and
    The Australian Aboriginies and New Zealand Maori Lives Matter and
    Poor People's Lives Matter and
    The Indigenous Tribes of the Amazon Lives Matter

You are saying Black Lives Matter. In the greater sense of the ideological and polarizing sense of Good and Evil, Right and Wrong, Up and Down, Front and Back, Black and White. There is an essential purity to defining the world in opposition and to seeking the matrices of engagement between the poles, finding the space of resonation and collusion that allows a state of being to rise individually within the body as equilibrium, and externally between people. If white is good and black is bad, then all associated with the bad is also associated with the black. The dark and the light, it is so fundamental to our cognition that in our language and communication, we cannot seem to help but default to defining and interpreting the world in these essential terms.

So it's as deep as our individual way of thinking and how we are, together, co-creating a "Story" and acting it out deliberately, whenever in our lives we find a space where we can engage at that higher level of thinking. This is how we decide, when we take on this mantle and engage our creative faculties. And it is how these dichotomies become increasingly amorphous in times like these right here, where the excesses of both extremes brings about the realization that the only way through is walking that razor's edge between the extremes with like-minded souls seeking vibratory balance as oppositional attractions unite find union.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

AutumnW (10th June 2020), Ben (11th June 2020), Forest Denizen (11th June 2020), Franny (10th June 2020), Hym (10th June 2020), justntime2learn (10th June 2020), Kryztian (10th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (10th June 2020), Tam (12th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020), wondering (10th June 2020)

35. Link to Post #418
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    WTF are they teaching our next generation.

". . . from a place of privilege... and I think we need to step back and imagine what it would already feel like to live in that reality"

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldJTr...12163411914752

Edit: Comrade Camerota and Comrade Bender.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Franny (10th June 2020)

37. Link to Post #419
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

This is interesting, and hardly surprising if indeed true:
    Quote Minnesota cops 'trained by Israeli forces in restraint techniques'
    https://morningstaronline.co.uk/arti...int-techniques

The Jerusalem Post denies this, but hell, we've already seen photos here shared of IDF or Israeli Police doing just that.
    https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/is...ocedure-630907

38. Link to Post #420
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

George Floyd and murder accused Derek Chauvin clashed while working together at Minneapolis nightclub, says co-worker
    Imogen Braddick
    Evening Standard

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/george-flo...082725553.html

George Floyd and the police officer charged with his murder knew each other "pretty well" and regularly "bumped heads" when they worked together at a nightclub in Minneapolis, a co-worker has claimed.

Former police officer Derek Chauvin has been charged with second-degree murder after he was filmed kneeling on Mr Floyd's neck for nearly nine minutes in the street on May 25.

Speaking to CBS on Tuesday, David Pinney said he worked with the pair as a security guard at El Nuevo Rodeo last year.

"They bumped heads," Mr Pinney said. "It has a lot to do with Derek being extremely aggressive within the club with some of the patrons, which was an issue."
    Derek Chauvin has been charged with second-degree murder following the death of George Floyd (Facebook/Darnella Frazier/AFP/Getty Images)
    Derek Chauvin has been charged with second-degree murder following the death of George Floyd (Facebook/Darnella Frazier/AFP/Getty Images)

Mr Pinney said the two men knew each other "pretty well" and said that Mr Chauvin probably knew who Mr Floyd was when he arrested him.

"He knew him," Mr Pinney told CBS. "I would say pretty well."

The nightclub owner, Maya Santamaria, confirmed last month that the two men worked security at the site.

She told CBS that she believed Mr Chauvin was "afraid and intimidated" by black people in general.

"He sometimes had a real short fuse and he seemed afraid," she said.

The news comes after Mr Floyd was laid to rest next to his mother in his hometown of Houston, Texas, on Tuesday, nearly two weeks after his death in Minneapolis.

He was lovingly remembered as Big Floyd, a “gentle giant”, a father and brother, athlete and mentor, and now a force for change.
    Joshua Broussard kneels in front of a memorial and mural that honors George Floyd at the Scott Food Mart corner store in Houston's Third Ward (Getty Images)
    Joshua Broussard kneels in front of a memorial and mural that honors George Floyd at the Scott Food Mart corner store in Houston's Third Ward (Getty Images)

Hundreds of mourners wearing masks against coronavirus packed the Fountain of Praise Church to remember the black man whose death has sparked a global reckoning over police brutality and racial prejudice.

His brother Rodney told mourners: “Everybody is going to remember him around the world. He is going to change the world.”

The Rev William Lawson, who once marched with the Rev Martin Luther King Jr, said of Mr Floyd: “Out of his death has come a movement, a worldwide movement.

"But that movement is not going to stop after two weeks, three weeks, a month. That movement is going to change the world.”

Mourners also included actors Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum, rapper Trae tha Truth, Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo and city mayor Sylvester Turner, who brought the crowd to its feet when he announced he will sign an executive order banning police using choke holds in the city.

The funeral came a day after about 6,000 people attended a public memorial, also in Houston, waiting for hours to pay their respects to Mr Floyd, whose body lay in an open gold-coloured casket.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

AutumnW (10th June 2020), Gracy (10th June 2020), Hym (10th June 2020), Kryztian (10th June 2020), Mark (10th June 2020), sllim11 (10th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst 1 11 21 24 LastLast