+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 5 15 24 LastLast

Thread: The death of George Floyd in police hands, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,235 times in 761 posts

Default Re: The death of George Floyd in police hands, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Mel Fabrigaz posted this on Facebook... *shrugs*

https://www.facebook.com/1284108081/...7992662389844/

Viking
    Quote from the above link, for those don't have facebook:
    Quote Since when are EMTs armed or dressed like police? On the left, these are the two individuals who came out of the ambulance. Did not perform CPR. Did not administer oxygen. They just took Floyd and left. And on the right...a lot of similarities between the two. Question everything.
    Because the EMTs were through the fire department. Those are fire department uniforms.
    The man doing the voiceover on this video believes the EMTs were armed?

Last edited by cursichella1; 30th May 2020 at 20:54.
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

2. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 337 posts

From a woman who is from Venezuela and has been through "revolution" and hates it.
    A very wizened perspective.

my2 cents. Soros and cabal are lovin all this and want every country to self destruct.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (31st May 2020), happyuk (31st May 2020)

4. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,169 times in 10,102 posts

The less energy we give to this news the better

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

anandacate (31st May 2020), Ben (31st May 2020), ClearWater (31st May 2020), Constance (31st May 2020), justntime2learn (31st May 2020), Kryztian (31st May 2020), NewParadigmGuy (30th May 2020)

6. Link to Post #84
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    Would you say that were George Floyd a close friend or relative of yours? Just, let it go?

7. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,169 times in 10,102 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Would you say that were George Floyd a close friend or relative of yours? Just, let it go?
    Yes . . . . . .

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Alan (31st May 2020), anandacate (31st May 2020), Ben (31st May 2020), ClearWater (31st May 2020), Constance (31st May 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (31st May 2020), Gracy (30th May 2020), justntime2learn (31st May 2020), NewParadigmGuy (30th May 2020)

9. Link to Post #86
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by cursichella1 (here)
    Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Mel Fabrigaz posted this on Facebook... *shrugs*

https://www.facebook.com/1284108081/...7992662389844/

Viking
    Quote from the above link, for those don't have facebook:
    Quote Since when are EMTs armed or dressed like police? On the left, these are the two individuals who came out of the ambulance. Did not perform CPR. Did not administer oxygen. They just took Floyd and left. And on the right...a lot of similarities between the two. Question everything.
    Because the EMTs were through the fire department. Those are fire department uniforms.
    The man doing the voiceover on this video believes the EMTs were armed?

So apparently it's standard EMT uniform for Minneapolis (Hennepin EMS uniform) and it looks like what they're thinking is a firearm is actually their radio and flashlight.

The fire department was reported on another news site as being the ones that responded to the call.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Alan (31st May 2020), AutumnW (31st May 2020), ClearWater (31st May 2020), cursichella1 (3rd June 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (31st May 2020), silvanelf (1st June 2020)

11. Link to Post #87
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,678 times in 20,822 posts

Exclamation Re: The death of George Floyd in police hands, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Trump on escalating protests: Violence is being led by Antifa, radical groups
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ben (31st May 2020), ClearWater (31st May 2020)

13. Link to Post #88
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

We have a serious problem with police brutality in this country. And it's a part of larger issues. Many of those issues are currently being dragged out into the open.

Police brutality is real. Racism is real. This murder was not faked.

So exactly how are people supposed to respond?

Not giving energy is the equivalent of trying to shove it under the rug.

If riots and looting are not the answer, what should people do?

I am not saying rioting and looting are the answer! I'm seriously asking. What do you tell the young college students who watch videos like this (no links, these were videos my daughter showed me on her phone):
    • protesters sitting peacefully and getting sprayed with gas
    • tear gas being launched without warning into crowds that were standing peacefully 50 yards away from the police line
    • the protests of the shutdowns where ARMED white folks literally spat in officer's face, and were never met with any kind action... compared to the above events

What do you tell the younger generation? What do you tell the folks who have lost their jobs and have been stripped of everything and have nothing else to lose...and now this happens? What are they supposed to do?

I told dd20 if she wants to go to the protest downtown tomorrow, then do it. But make sure she has a buddy that she trusts to watch her back, and to be aware that there are people with agendas that are trying to hijack the energy of this movement.

But that, too, is being exposed. There are videos circulating of a plain clothes police officer that intentionally started a fire in Minneapolis. A couple of protesters caught it on film, followed him, got his face on their camera... and then tracked his social media account and learned who he was. Will this make the news? Probably not. But at least the word is spreading among the actual protesters to be alert for this kind of behavior.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

AutumnW (31st May 2020), Ben (31st May 2020), ClearWater (31st May 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (31st May 2020), edina (31st May 2020), fractal being (31st May 2020), Gwin Ru (31st May 2020), Inaiá (31st May 2020), Mare (31st May 2020), Mark (1st June 2020), onevoice (31st May 2020), RunningDeer (31st May 2020), silvanelf (1st June 2020), Tam (31st May 2020), XelNaga (1st June 2020)

15. Link to Post #89
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

Keeping close tabs on my son living in downtown LA. There is no where near the level of palpable rage in Los Angeles as when the Rodney King riots broke out. LA was literally on fire - smoke everywhere and widespread looting and violence/ Whole city blocks destroyed, people pulled out of their cars and beat. The main difference now is social media - everything is livestreamed, so its a different experience to people not directly on site.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

AutumnW (31st May 2020), Ben (31st May 2020), edina (31st May 2020), Mark (1st June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st May 2020), silvanelf (1st June 2020), XelNaga (1st June 2020)

17. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by ahamkara (here)
    Keeping close tabs on my son living in downtown LA. There is no where near the level of palpable rage in Los Angeles as when the Rodney King riots broke out. LA was literally on fire - smoke everywhere and widespread looting and violence/ Whole city blocks destroyed, people pulled out of their cars and beat. The main difference now is social media - everything is livestreamed, so its a different experience to people not directly on site.
    Yes. Another difference is that this has gone national. 8 states including DC have now activated the National Guard.

It's a perfect storm: the lockdowns, the unemployment, the loss of income. Now this. It's like something being released on a huge coiled spring. I'm watching some of the livestreams and it seems like all hell is breaking loose. It's extremely dangerous. It could easily be hijacked to escalate it to a different level.

18. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (31st May 2020), Alan (31st May 2020), AutumnW (31st May 2020), Ben (31st May 2020), ClearWater (31st May 2020), cursichella1 (3rd June 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (31st May 2020), ExomatrixTV (31st May 2020), gord (31st May 2020), Harmony (1st June 2020), Inaiá (31st May 2020), justntime2learn (31st May 2020), kudzy (31st May 2020), Mare (31st May 2020), Mark (1st June 2020), Sadieblue (31st May 2020), silvanelf (1st June 2020), sllim11 (31st May 2020), Tam (31st May 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (31st May 2020), XelNaga (1st June 2020), Yoda (31st May 2020)

19. Link to Post #91
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Antagenet (here)
    From a woman who is from Venezuela and has been through "revolution" and hates it.
    A very wizened perspective.

my2 cents. Soros and cabal are lovin all this and want every country to self destruct.
    Where is your evidence that Soros has anything to do with this?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (31st May 2020)

21. Link to Post #92
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Yes . . . . . .
    An explanation would be welcome. Should we ignore police brutality for the millionth time? Why

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

XelNaga (1st June 2020)

23. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

We have a serious problem with police brutality in this country. And it's a part of larger issues. Many of those issues are currently being dragged out into the open.

Police brutality is real. Racism is real. This murder was not faked.

So exactly how are people supposed to respond?

Not giving energy is the equivalent of trying to shove it under the rug.

If riots and looting are not the answer, what should people do?

I am not saying rioting and looting are the answer! I'm seriously asking. What do you tell the young college students who watch videos like this (no links, these were videos my daughter showed me on her phone):
    • protesters sitting peacefully and getting sprayed with gas
    • tear gas being launched without warning into crowds that were standing peacefully 50 yards away from the police line
    • the protests of the shutdowns where ARMED white folks literally spat in officer's face, and were never met with any kind action... compared to the above events

What do you tell the younger generation? What do you tell the folks who have lost their jobs and have been stripped of everything and have nothing else to lose...and now this happens? What are they supposed to do?

I told dd20 if she wants to go to the protest downtown tomorrow, then do it. But make sure she has a buddy that she trusts to watch her back, and to be aware that there are people with agendas that are trying to hijack the energy of this movement.

But that, too, is being exposed. There are videos circulating of a plain clothes police officer that intentionally started a fire in Minneapolis. A couple of protesters caught it on film, followed him, got his face on their camera... and then tracked his social media account and learned who he was. Will this make the news? Probably not. But at least the word is spreading among the actual protesters to be alert for this kind of behavior.
    Reading this, my heart goes out to you and your daughter. And her generation who are trying to make sense of all of this.

I can remember when I was 17. I recognized then that my enthusiastic idealism could be manipulated and used against me. Young people feel the energy of the protests and want to be a part of that energy. It feels to them like they are doing something to make a difference.

However, making a real difference takes a very different sort of committed action.

I have personal perspective on this issue from a wide range of angles.
    Immediate members of my family have been in prison.
    Other immediate members of my family have been police officers.
    My Mom worked for the police department of my home town for years.
    When she was hired they did a deep background check on her, because another member of my family's in-laws were in prison for crimes related to the Italian mafia.

I grew up poor, and in a roughish neighborhood. It wasn't until I was in my mid-20's that I realized that what I considered normal, was not considered normal by most other people around me. Gun shots were common in my neighborhood, as were rapes. People were ultra-sensitive to being dissed.
    Hair trigger tempers could flare into a physical fight in no time and with very little provocation.
    Not in my immediate family, but in my neighborhood. It wasn't until I had joined the Air Force and lived in a few other places that I realized it wasn't like that every where. It's worse in the deep inner cities.

Stereotyping of any sort is a big part of the problem. It's how people become divided.
    It's a natural human neurological shortcut to label people.
    However, one thing that happens is that people will take an experience they've had with one person (insert any label here) and apply that experience to every other person that falls into that label category.
    This is also hard-wired into our biology.
    Labeling strips people of their humanity, and people feel that. Van Jones talked yesterday of how as a black man, right now, he feels fragile. That was an honest, vulnerable, authentic statement.
    People think this is just a racial issue, but in my mind, it's not just racial. It's a human issue.

The more people understand this and actively counterbalance the tendency to stereotype, the more we will be able to resolve the issue of how we become divided.

I think, too, it helps to make a distinction in that the police brutality problem does not apply to all police people.
    There are more good people than bad. A dirty cop is also a criminal. A criminal hiding behind the respectability of the profession of law enforcement. It's a betrayal of trust for the entire community.

Not all cops are criminals, most aren't.

My Mom once told me that one of the biggest complaints from the police during the time she worked in the police department was corrupt judges.

Here's an action that can make a difference. Get to know the local judges very well. And hold them accountable for how they conduct themselves.

Take a look at how policies affect the overall environment of a town. It seems the people in Minneapolis had been complaining about the police for good while.
    And no one was listening. How can communities build ways of listening to the people, so that they are heard when problems develop.

This takes a commitment to becoming engaged in local politics. And a commitment to actively listening, with an intent to understand another person's point of view.
    This isn't glamorous, or high energy, like protesting, but it's an essential skill-set to making a difference that matters.

I remember the riots in my town when I was growing up. Every single one of those riots were instigated by outsiders.
    During the time I was in Jr High, we didn't have a single riot at our school.
    Riots before and riots after. I have a few stories about these. Riots at other schools.
    The reason there were none during the time I went to that school is that we kept a close eye out on the outside instigators, and nipped the attempt to agitate a riot before it happened.

Awareness and understanding of how this happens and acting on that awareness made a difference back then on a small scale in my school.
    They could probably make a difference now on a larger scale of cities.

That said, it's very difficult to hold your head in a crowd-mind, or when mob mentality kicks in.

I think people are becoming increasingly aware of how agitators come into peaceful protests and start mucking with people's head's and hide within the peaceful protesters to wreak havoc on communities.

About the video you mentioned of the police officer intentionally starting a fire in Minneapolis? It was viral on social media yesterday. And Minneapolis released a statement that the man in the video was not in their police department. A lot of the videos I saw looked to me like Antifa were doing the main damage.

Today, it's much calmer in Minneapolis and people are working together to clean up the aftermath. That's were the real humanity is at, and it's what most people are like.
    Last edited by edina; 31st May 2020 at 01:42.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

24. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

angelfire (31st May 2020), Ben (31st May 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (31st May 2020), Gwin Ru (31st May 2020), happyuk (31st May 2020), Hym (5th June 2020), Ivanhoe (31st May 2020), justntime2learn (31st May 2020), Justplain (31st May 2020), Mare (31st May 2020), Mark (1st June 2020), RunningDeer (31st May 2020), Sadieblue (31st May 2020), silvanelf (1st June 2020), Tam (31st May 2020), XelNaga (1st June 2020)

25. Link to Post #94
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,457 times in 4,332 posts

Autopsy reveals George Floyd didn’t die of asphyxia or strangulation

By Howard Portnoy
    May 30, 2020

George Floyd (L), Derek Chauvin (R). Via ABC 5 Minneapolis

A new finding by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s office is not going to sit well with folks clamoring for charges against former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin to be upgraded from third-degree murder.

According to statement of probable cause filed with the Fourth District Court, the autopsy performed on George Floyd on Tuesday indicates “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.” The statement goes on to note:
    Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.
    As the Washington Examiner notes, the full Medical Examiner’s report is still pending, but this new development introduces a wrinkle that is almost certain to inflame passions even more. One is reminded of the community reaction to the grand jury’s decision not to indict Ferguson, Mo. police officer Darren Wilson in the death of Michael Brown in 2014. Anticipating such a response then-Pres. Barack Obama urged protesters to seek “constructive” outlets for their anger, adding, “There is undoubtedly going to be some form of negative reaction and it will make for good TV.”

Minneapolis has been the scene of four days of violent protest since Floyd’s last moments were captured on viral video.

It is worth emphasizing that this new development does not suggest in any way that Chauvin didn’t play a role in Floyd’s death, and the actions he took that may have precipitated that outcome should still be viewed as barbaric and excessive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I hear someone whisper "Corona virus"?

No wonder the family is requesting an independent autopsy be performed... with the rumor that it be done by no other than the guy who performed Jef Epstein's autopsy... this world has shrunk to minuscule dimensions.

A question to the knowledgeable: is it customary for protocol-less EMTs in Minneapolis to wear bulletproof vests when the offending police officers didn't even bother to wear one?
    Full, very graphic, video here
    Last edited by Gwin Ru; 31st May 2020 at 16:42.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

angelfire (31st May 2020), Ben (31st May 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (31st May 2020), edina (31st May 2020), justntime2learn (31st May 2020), Justplain (31st May 2020), Sadieblue (31st May 2020), XelNaga (1st June 2020)

27. Link to Post #95
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,040 times in 911 posts

I was working on a roof in LA, listening to the radio, when the cops in the Rodney King beating were acquitted. I was so pissed that I yelled out "This is going to make Watts look like a picnic". I forgot I was standing next door to a very polite black man who came outside and asked me what was wrong. I told him, without apology, that I knew they'd be acquitted when they moved the trial to the conservative Simi Valley. I reminded him that there would be a lot of destruction going on in response. There was nothing to say except what we said to each other, knowing that we both had to prepare for what we knew would come next. "Take care of yourself", we both said to each other.

I was moving at that time from the hills of Echo Park and remember waiting to load up my truck until it had calmed down some. Before King was even attacked I had recorded cops from the Rampart Division in that area below my apartment abusing the locals, stopping them and making them sprawl on the street for no legal reason, harassing them, and then letting them go. I remember the smoke from the many fires going on in the city and then the aftermath of the burned out buildings along Pico, not far from my roof work there.

I even had a dangerous confrontation with the police when I reported a gang shooting over the head of my landlords son. When the cops showed up they quickly had their hands on their guns seeing me with my knife on the side telling me to surrender it, when they knew full well that I had reported both of the shootings at a house across the street. They also saw that I was dirty from working on a nearby roof and they still threatened me. They said they didn't know that sikhs in L.A. then were allowed to carry an exposed knife, a kirpan.

I was about to find out what's really the F up when my landlord came across the street yelling at them about them knowing I was a sikh, with my bright white turban, now dirty from my work. The Sgt., Zarcone, took me aside and asked me a couple of questions, gave me his card. The cops stood down and took a report from my recall of the car that drove by, turning around, shooting then coming back to do the same just a few minutes later. If you're outside the societal norm, you get the shyte, but no where near the same attacks from authority if the color of my skin was just a little darker from my roofers dark skin.

When would the whole of society stand up when few black and brown politicians step beyond the behind the scenes criminal perks of their office and stand up for real economic reform and guarantees of putting resources into their own communities? I do love the input of those celebs who give back in earnest, but it is a sad commentary that it takes sports stars to invest in their own communities when the politicians are elected and paid to do that alone.

Institutional racism is based on greed and control, thus abject stupidity and a refusal to be human. I'd even call it business ignorance not to involve a whole community in its diversity to work with your business.

You know it's a kiss ass society when we see minorities wearing the historically racist symbols of the masons, which by no reasonable standard are free. They are for sale and not there to uplift those in their own communities. Know the weak cons, the greedy among your own so you can confront them and vote them out, pressure them out of the positions they now hold.

We are all confronted with new challenges that demand a larger show of our humanity and proofs beyond the words. Will the show of diversity on the streets be more than the truth we know about how most of us have worked side by side, together, without discriminations? Will we now stand up to the global tyranny that calls us to think beyond the media and the entertaining diversions and be the once separated ones who bridge that social distance? F'K Yes!

It's likely that someone on PA has said this but it makes much more sense now. It's physical distancing, if you believe you may be exposed. It is NOT social distancing. That is YOUR Choice and your choice alone! (When sharing this with friends, they all laughed. That's not possible if you know me.)

....You may not think that any of this is related, but it all is. The steps we take to stand wherever we are all count when we realize we are or we aren't in this together.

It's NOT social distancing! When the hype train asked you to keep your f'n distance from your life did you just STF Up, or did you step up and bridge the gap, the gaps we all have that must be covered internally and easily covered in the distances of our walking towards each other.

My friends never said that. Social F'N distancing? They are telling you to disconnect from being a human, from not only giving a crap about anyone else, but to not give a damn about your own health, your own studies, your own future income and physical security. And it stands out at this time much more easilly for all of those who have been so accepting of the lies, the media hype, the crap that has taken so many incomes, so many jobs and will likely take so many impoverished lives to come.

What a programming, F##kng psych job that is to ever accept that term when we all need to connect, even way before this plandemic, bio-weaponized b.s. came about. And now? If you haven't gone back to the real school that has hidden the truths about how this society is run, it's time for you to look into it, deeply, with your heart in your hand and your other hand out for the help that's always been here, waiting for you.
    Last edited by Hym; 2nd June 2020 at 16:53.

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

AutumnW (31st May 2020), Ben (31st May 2020), Craig (31st May 2020), edina (31st May 2020), Gwin Ru (31st May 2020), happyuk (31st May 2020), justntime2learn (31st May 2020), Mark (1st June 2020), RunningDeer (31st May 2020), silvanelf (1st June 2020), sunwings (31st May 2020), Tam (31st May 2020), william r sanford72 (2nd June 2020), XelNaga (1st June 2020)

29. Link to Post #96
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Edina,

Would like to respond to your above post. I've italicized some of the points you made.

People think this is just a racial issue, but in my mind, it's not just racial. It's a human issue.

It's a human issue that just so happens to be manifesting as a racial issue. You are minimizing the problem here.

I can remember when I was 17. I recognized then that my enthusiastic idealism could be used against me.

Subtle comparison between your naive younger self and Sarah's child. This is a form of disreputable framing. It's a soft touch but it is diluting the greater meaning of the events and the young participants.

Take a look at how policies affect the overall environment of a town. It seems the people in Minneapolis had been complaining about the police for good while.
    And no one was listening. How can communities build ways of listening to the people, so that they are heard when problems develop

Rioting is a last resort. You seem to be implying that these efforts haven't been tried. Again--diluting the significance of a crisis and falling back on 'improper procedure' explanation.

I remember the riots in my town when I was growing up. Every single one of those riots were instigated by outsiders.

I feel this is building up to something.

The reason there were none during the time I went to that school is that we kept a close eye out on the outside instigators, and nipped the attempt to agitate a riot before it happened.

False comparison--building on irrelevancies.

I think people are becoming increasingly aware of how agitators come into peaceful protests and start mucking with people's head's and hide within the peaceful protesters to wreak havoc on communities.

Oh oh, it's really building now!

A lot of the videos I saw looked to me like Antifa were doing the main damage

And there you have it. Perfectly played, Edina.

Now you get to play the wounded bird, and I can catch criticism for calling you out. Played this with you before.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 31st May 2020 at 01:53.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Mark (1st June 2020)

31. Link to Post #97
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Hi Edina,

Would like to respond to your above post. I've italicized some of the points you made.

It's a human issue that just so happens to be manifesting as a racial issue. You are minimizing the problem here.

I can remember when I was 17. I recognized then that my enthusiastic idealism could be used against me.

Subtle comparison between your naive younger self and Sarah's child. This is a form of disreputable framing. It's a soft touch but it is diluting the greater meaning of the events and the young participants.

And no one was listening. How can communities build ways of listening to the people, so that they are heard when problems develop

Rioting is a last resort. You seem to be implying that these efforts haven't been tried. Again--diluting the significance of a crisis and falling back on 'improper procedure' explanation.

I feel this is building up to something.

False comparison--building on irrelevancies.

Oh oh, it's really building now!

A lot of the videos I saw looked to me like Antifa were doing the main damage

And there you have it. Perfectly played, Edina.

Now you get to play the wounded bird, and I can catch criticism for calling you out. Played this with you before.
    Honestly, I've never had anyone intellectually parse my meaning like this before, its a new experience for me.
    I've seen people engage in this sort of behavior with others, and honestly, it feels very foreign to me.
    It's like someone listening to find fault, rather than listening to understand.

I'm not feeling like a wounded bird. (An inaccurate assumption on your part, in fact, much of what you've written here comes off as a lot of inaccurate assumptions.)

To me, this sort of petty nit-picking is wearisome, but let's take a look at it point by point.

Quote People think this is just a racial issue, but in my mind, it's not just racial. It's a human issue.

First off, if someone feels as if this has minimized the problem, I apologize. But for me it's not, it's about the expanding the issue into the larger human domain.
    I was thinking about this in terms about what makes a difference. Again, from experience. Everyone is a human being first.
    I've thought about this a lot over the years. I've seen people suffer from prejudice and discrimination for all sorts of reasons.
    Almost everyone I know has experienced this in some form or fashion.

Quote Subtle comparison between your naive younger self and Sarah's child. This is a form of disreputable framing. It's a soft touch but it is diluting the greater meaning of the events and the young participants.
    In my mind, I could relate to what Sarah described. As I said, my heart goes out to her. It was a statement of empathy.
    Again, my intention is not at all about diluting anyone's meaning. I simply remembered what it was like for me.
    And how at that time in my life I had this epiphany about myself.
    I was also thinking about this terms of patterns. Generational patterns and how I've observed this has play out historically.
    I'd like to hear from Sarah, if she felt that I had diminished her daughter's experience in some way, or did she feel I understood her experience?
    If she felt diminished, I apologize. That was not my intent. My intent was to express a sense of connection on the topic.

Quote Take a look at how policies affect the overall environment of a town. It seems the people in Minneapolis had been complaining about the police for good while.

Thank you for stating that from your perception I seem to be implying ..., because in fact, I'm not implying that at all. It may be more that you're inferring a meaning. My response was keeping in mind, Sarah's comment about, what do I tell my daughter, I was thinking in terms of what people can proactively do where they live now and in the future, to make a difference on this issue. Anger only gets people so far.

Protesting is one step. But I feel the longer term solutions involves people engaging to ensure that these problems are heard as they develop. I clearly stated that it seems the people in Minneapolis had been complaining about the police for a good while. And these people weren't heard. I was also thinking about this earlier in terms of my own experiences. People on the street know who the bad cops are. I was thinking in terms of what actions need to be in place, what's happening in a town, policy-wise, to ensure these people are heard. My understanding is that they tried to be heard in Minneapolis and were not. What I expressed I feel addresses that point.

And can be applied any place, where any one lives.

Rioting was not what the peaceful protesters were doing. They were peacefully protesting. And those same peaceful protesters and community members felt their community assaulted by the rioters and looters.

As to this statement:

Quote False comparison--building on irrelevancies.
    I have no idea what this means. Honestly, who talks like this?
    It sounds like psycho-babble gobble gook to me.

If you feel my comments are irrelevant, okay. Thank you for sharing.

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    Today, it's much calmer in Minneapolis and people are working together to clean up the aftermath. That's were the real humanity is at, and it's what most people are like.
    Last edited by edina; 31st May 2020 at 03:40.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (31st May 2020), Mark (1st June 2020), Patient (31st May 2020), RunningDeer (31st May 2020)

33. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Perhaps there are some helpful energies we can give to this story.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Alan (31st May 2020), Ben (31st May 2020), Bluegreen (31st May 2020), Constance (31st May 2020), edina (31st May 2020), Eric J (Viking) (31st May 2020), Franny (31st May 2020), Hym (31st May 2020), RunningDeer (31st May 2020), XelNaga (1st June 2020)

35. Link to Post #99
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    BOOGALOO - Plandemic Losing Interest... So Now Here Comes Civil War, Martial Law and the Troops:
    I found the glee with which this guy was commenting on this quite nauseating. There may well be a high-level agenda here, of course. But, Jeez.
    Bill, I've seen a bunch of his videos now. That's simply his style.
    He's a good guy. He gets most of the stories straight.

Watch almost any video of his, and he's got the same smile/smirk on his face most of the time. That's just him.
    Easy going. Some people have a more serious tone to their voice/demeanor, Max Igan for example or David Icke.

His heart is in the right place.
    Last edited by DaveToo; 31st May 2020 at 04:40. Reason: His heart is in the right place.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

RunningDeer (31st May 2020)

37. Link to Post #100
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

I see three braided energies running through the events unfolding tonight. One is the honest frustration, rage and anger at the continued presence of racism in America -especially as it Plays out in the policing of our communities of color. The passionate people protesting are honestly focused on change. The second issue is the unpleasant looting which often accompanies any form of civil unrest or natural disaster. I’ve lived long enough to see and accept that a small number of people engage in this behavior for purely selfish gain. It is never the majority.. The third strand is the manipulation of the situation by an outside force. This last is, in my opinion,the most troubling and dangerous. It seems dark, ominous and tied in with the Covid agenda. I do not know if it is Antifa or something else- but an outside group/force has its hand in the unrest. I fear it is a set up for the next Stage in a bigger plan. I hope I am mistaken.

38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

Ben (31st May 2020), East Sun (31st May 2020), edina (31st May 2020), Forest Denizen (31st May 2020), Franny (31st May 2020), Kryztian (31st May 2020), Mark (1st June 2020), pueblo (31st May 2020), Sarah Rainsong (31st May 2020), silvanelf (1st June 2020), Tam (31st May 2020), william r sanford72 (2nd June 2020), Wind (1st June 2020), XelNaga (1st June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 5 15 24 LastLast