Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast

Thread: Antifa

1. Link to Post #81
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

Default Re: Antifa

This is the top Law Enforcement Officer in MN, Minnesota Attorney General advocating for Antifa.

Minnesota Attorney General and the Deputy Chairman of the Democratic National Committee Keith Elison, posted a photo on Twitter this week of himself posing with the Antifa Handbook. The book calls violence and civil unrest.

Source: https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...Q2rsbqzp-2FhRk

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th June 2020), edina (11th June 2020), Jayke (11th June 2020), justntime2learn (11th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (12th June 2020), shaberon (12th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 times in 2,420 posts

Part 4 of the Project Veritas #ExposeAntifa series

In this video you hear people planning how to raise money for their "actions", specifically protests.
    Tom Steyers name is mentioned as well as others.

RefuseFascism website

Quote Posted by Harley (here)
    From the refusefascism.org website (Posted on August 6):
    Attachment 36363
    The webpage that Harley linked above is still up.

In looking at RefuseFascism's website and social media accounts, it appears to be mostly a political Anti-Trump campaign under the guise of anti-fascism.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th June 2020), Jayke (11th June 2020), justntime2learn (11th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (12th June 2020), rgray222 (11th June 2020), shaberon (12th June 2020), sunflower (25th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #83
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Did anyone notice the emblem that is on the cover of the book Soros is holding?

Look closer.

If it had a hammer and sycle on it, it would represent the Russian flag, shaped like a giant boot, crushing the American lower forty-eight states under it...you just can't make this **** up!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (12th June 2020), edina (12th June 2020), Jayke (12th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (12th June 2020), shaberon (12th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #84
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,243 times in 942 posts

Another take on this.

Step in too early and the race card is whipped out quicker than you can blink: alternatively hang back and give the thugs enough rope - they are hanging themselves already.

Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition is running with the pack, also.

The UK riots have nothing to do with someone coming to a sticky end in the USA.

It is nothing more than a useful trigger to destabilise the UK govt : the Remainers and the fragrant left not having never been able to do it by the ballot box.
    Last edited by happyuk; 11th June 2020 at 22:49.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

angelfire (12th June 2020), Ba-ba-Ra (12th June 2020), edina (12th June 2020), Jayke (12th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (12th June 2020), shaberon (12th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,097 times in 4,065 posts

Information on insurrection and sabotage has readily accessible at least since the time of Anarchist Cookbook. The author thought to take it out of print but did not have the publishing rights, and it kept going as The Anarchist Cookbook. It is not very good, but it is something.

Who's who changes fast, like a former ISIS fighter in Palmyra, scooped up by MI6:

"The British told me to go to Tadmur (Palmyra), saying that they would provide me with money, cell phone and anything I need," he said.

He stated that he had fled there [Al Tanf] from Palmyra, pointing out that he was in the ranks of the Islamic State then.

Saud said that the British indicated their need for information on “important Russian sites in Syria”, especially on how they protect them, so that it would later be possible to carry out terrorist operations against them.

According to him, the British assigned a former tour guide from Palmyra, who was known in several languages, to take over the leadership of the espionage group.

So, the British appear eager for proxy attacks on Russia, if, someone who is a much better spy than them, can find something easy.

A local teen has been killed by police in Mexico in questionable circumstances leading to a shotgun blast.

We have damage and Seattle occupied by an upstart; but it is still not at the level, according to Syrian national news, of this U. S. vehicle in Deir Ezzur:

At the crossroads leading to the eastern town of Al-Ruwayshid, unknown citizens of Syria laid an ambush for U.S. occupation troops and their Kurd lackeys opening fire on them and killing or wounding 3 Americans and 5 members of QASD (or SDF). These operations are taking place on a daily basis with no one group claiming responsibility proving these operations are localized and represent Syrian fury over the U.S. presence as an occupation force. The attack was with automatic rifles and RPGs.

If the situation here grows to that level, would anyone care?

Would we call up France and ask for a few Mirages and part of the Foreign Legion to pin down Boston?

"Remove Trump" is a type of political message, I guess, one of the few that could perhaps be any weaker than war against "isms". This is already election year, the time when we go round saying it hardly makes any difference which candidate you put in power. Maybe if they went forward with "Install Deez Nutz the Dog", we would have something. A real sure blockbuster. The only standing official to be substituted by a delegate from Animal Farm. You'd need to follow it up with at least everybody who is in the Continuity of Government. A cockatiel here, a snail there. You better have a backup plan with at least three layers of alternate scenarios. That Executive Branch is mighty hard to tame.

So far, I wouldn't rely on anyone I have seen to tie their shoes.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

edina (12th June 2020), Jayke (12th June 2020), kfm27917 (12th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Neon Revolts latest episode takes us on a tour of the ‘Capital Hill Autonomous Zone’ in Seattle, otherwise known as CHAZ or Antifastan.

This just highlights the absurd shortsightedness and hypocrisy of the entire Antifa ideology (and communism in general). There’s the desire to tear down existing structures of governance without ever offering solutions or alternatives. So when the reality principle finally hits home, the only solutions they come up with are much, much worse than what they were fighting against to begin with. Antifa, the ideology of anarchy and self-annihilation. The bittersweet comedy of our times.

The parallels to John Carpenters ‘Escape from New York’ are tragic yet perfectly predictable.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

BushPilot (12th June 2020), edina (12th June 2020), gini (13th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (12th June 2020), shaberon (13th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,332 times in 8,672 posts

Anyone still trying to defend Antifa should really follow Andy, in my view.

and now Nashville is poised to get a similar area takeover attempt - I doubt the leadership there will let it happen.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...996992000?s=20

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...322413062?s=20

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

angelfire (12th June 2020), Ba-ba-Ra (12th June 2020), BushPilot (12th June 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (12th June 2020), edina (12th June 2020), Jayke (12th June 2020), kfm27917 (13th June 2020), Matthew (25th July 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), shaberon (13th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

angelfire (12th June 2020), BushPilot (12th June 2020), Jayke (12th June 2020), justntime2learn (13th June 2020), Matthew (25th July 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), shaberon (13th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #89
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

The Anatomy of a Fake Anti-fa Tweet:

On June 2, Twitter disclosed that an account suspended for inciting violence was the work of a far-right white nationalist organization known as Identity Evropa. The group had created a Twitter account, @ANTIFA_US, that claimed to be part of the anti-fascist movement known as “Antifa.” On Sunday, as protests began to surge across the United States, the account urged “Comrades” to “move into the residential areas… the white hoods…. and we take what’s ours …”

But before Twitter could suspend the account and uncover it as a fake, the tweet spun through conservative blogs and social media feeds, racking up thousands of retweets, and it was even shared by a Virginia state senator. On Facebook, the tweet first began circulating through QAnon groups before a page called “Latins for Trump” cross-posted it across nine different pro-Trump groups, writing, “Where’s twitter’s outrage about this clear call to violence? #antifaterrorist #Communist #twitter
    .”

https://onezero.medium.com/anatomy-o...t-53d81c1b2aa3

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

edina (13th June 2020), Jayke (12th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), shaberon (13th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    The Anatomy of a Fake Anti-fa Tweet:

On June 2, Twitter disclosed that an account suspended for inciting violence was the work of a far-right white nationalist organization known as Identity Evropa. The group had created a Twitter account, @ANTIFA_US, that claimed to be part of the anti-fascist movement known as “Antifa.” On Sunday, as protests began to surge across the United States, the account urged “Comrades” to “move into the residential areas… the white hoods…. and we take what’s ours …”

But before Twitter could suspend the account and uncover it as a fake, the tweet spun through conservative blogs and social media feeds, racking up thousands of retweets, and it was even shared by a Virginia state senator. On Facebook, the tweet first began circulating through QAnon groups before a page called “Latins for Trump” cross-posted it across nine different pro-Trump groups, writing, “Where’s twitter’s outrage about this clear call to violence? #antifaterrorist #Communist #twitter
    .”

https://onezero.medium.com/anatomy-o...t-53d81c1b2aa3
    The anatomy of the Democratic Party’s subversive tactic of ‘the wrap up smear’:

Step 1: have a fake news outlet publish a smear story which includes no citations or only unnamed sources as the basis for the story.
    Step 2: have other comrades write other articles citing the first fake news article.
    Step 3: use the engineered perception of ‘social proof’ to trick people into thinking the initial story was true or has any validity.

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry Autumn, but clicked through your links to find the source and it just bounced me from one mainstream news report to another (without any of them actually naming a source for the accusation). Pretty sure your report is fake news. Not that it isn’t impossible. But does seem like the same old Alinsky tactic that’s been used so much these past few years as to be totally transparent i.e. “accuse others of crimes they themselves commit”.

Even Alinsky had his limits to subversion though. He knew the left would become ‘the extreme right’ if they used his tactics too zealously. I’m not sure you’ve noticed yet but Antifa are the far-right Nazis these days.

“The hand that killed the tyrant dead, became the tyrant in his stead”
    - William Blake
    Quote Alinsky's reference to Machiavelli sets readers up for a high degree of ruthlessness and realpolitik, and the book does not disappoint. If you’re looking for Anarchist Cookbook-level radicalism, you’d best look elsewhere. While Alinsky talked tough, in an honest Chicago way, he did not recommend violence in his manual. In the Prologue, he denounces “parts of the far left who have gone so far in the political circle that they are now all but indistinguishable from the extreme right.” In recent revolutionary violence, he writes, “we are dealing with people who are merely hiding psychosis behind a political mask.”

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

angelfire (12th June 2020), BushPilot (12th June 2020), edina (13th June 2020), gini (13th June 2020), kfm27917 (13th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (13th June 2020), shaberon (13th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (21st June 2020)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Really Graceful YouTube channel looks at how Antifastan was simply gifted to the anarchists of Seattle by the mayor and government officials there. Is the whole Antifastan narrative part of a problem-reaction-solution set up? She also looks at Bill Gates connection to Seattle, as curiously, Bill Gates senior was head of the federal reserve in this district. Seems Bill Gates fingerprints are all over the absurd events 2020 has seen these past few months.

Speaking of the Federal Reserve, Douglas Gabriel and Michael Mckibben take a deep dive on the top levels of organisation behind the red wave of communism. Rothschilds, Knights of Malta, Queens Privy Council, Cecil Rhodes and the ancient oligarchs of Venice, it covers them all in a coherent and revealing fashion. Audio only:

https://aim4truth.org/wp-content/upl...ls-America.mp3
    Last edited by Jayke; 13th June 2020 at 00:15.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

edina (13th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (13th June 2020), shaberon (13th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #92
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Local news reporting on the situation at the Seattle Capitol

I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Ivanhoe (13th June 2020), Jayke (13th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (13th June 2020), shaberon (13th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...159006720?s=20

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

angelfire (13th June 2020), edina (13th June 2020), Jayke (13th June 2020), kfm27917 (21st June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), shaberon (13th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #94
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This was published yesterday, popping in here real quick. (I'll come back later and add links to information referenced in the video.)

For me this segment is a fairly good summary of some of the key points regarding Antifa.

The first young man to speak in this short 10:24 segment is the same young man who spoke in an interview with the Leadership Institute shared in this comment.

His name is Gabriel Nadales and he is speaking from personal experience, both as someone who previously engaged in Antifa actions and as someone who now helps conservative students gain free speech in schools.

He describes the concept held within the Antifa belief system of “by any means necessary”.

One of the points raised by Gabriel Nadales is that there are many different people coming together under the umbrella of Anitifa when protesting, including animal rights, anti-capitalism, pro-socialsim. However, once they come together in the “black bloc” style of dressing, those distinctions disappear as they all focus on silencing their perceived opponents.

The 1 June 2020 speech by Trump in which he mentions “Antifa, and others, who are leading instigators of this violence” regarding what has been happening when daytime peaceful protests turn into nighttime riots, arson and looting.

The second young man in this segment is Andy Ngo, who has already been covered a little bit in an earlier comment here.

The press conference with AG William Barr happened on 4 June 2020. 4:44

Quote Such senseless acts of anarchy are not exercises of First Amendment Rights they are crimes designed to terrify fellow citizens and intimidate communities. There are groups that exploit the opportunity to engage in such crimes as looting. We have evidence that Antifa and other similar extremist groups have been involved in instigating and participating in the violent activity.
    (Note the mention of “and others”, and “other similar extremist groups” by both Trump and Barr. I think this added distinction will become more relevant as events unfold. The militant elements hidden, or embedded, within Antifa may be connected to other groups, or factions, intent on destroying America from within.)

The segment in this video that brings in Peter Boghossian is the first I’ve heard of this person. He seems to be talking about this rise of various “critical” theories, for example critical gender theory, critical race theory...

He referred to this as “grievances studies”. Which hyper-focuses on grievances in an unbalanced manner.

What he describes here dovetails with the information Millie Weaver brought forth in her recent Undercover Investigation, regarding the Sunrise Movement. Shared here and here.

This also aligns with the demoralization process described in this thread here.

(For me, all of this helps to explain why attempts to try to talk with people coming from this ideological frame doesn’t work. For example in the earlier video with Gabriel Nadale, he describes how when he started asking questions about economics, his antifa friends immediately turned on him and started calling him names… When people express an opinion to work with police department and/or when we see the police in more positive encounters, this is referred to as copaganda. The first time I heard that term was in the Lara Logan segment shared here (2:44). The second time I heard that term was in the blog post shared by AutumnW, here.

What doesn’t show up in video summary, but can be discerned when looking at the various antifa/anarchist sites and social media accounts is that this movement is not just US based, and the revolution they seek is global.

Which is why we are seeing actions in other countries, in addition to the US.

Related:
    Andy Ngo
    I Was With Andy Ngo When The Antifa Attack Happened. Here Are The Horrifying Pictures
    Oregon journalist Andy Ngo sues Antifa for $900,000 for 'campaign of terror'
    The assault on conservative journalist Andy Ngo, explained. By Vox.

William Barr:

Attorney General William Barr on "Face the Nation," June 7, 2020

Avalon thread:
    The planned takedown of America: now (June 2020) in full swing.
    Last edited by edina; 13th June 2020 at 21:45.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Jayke (13th June 2020), kfm27917 (13th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (13th June 2020), shaberon (13th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #95
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,420 times in 685 posts

A Brief History Of Antifa: Part I
    Authored by Soeren Kern via The Gatestone Institute,

U.S. Attorney General William Barr has blamed Antifa — a militant "anti-fascist" movement — for the violence that has erupted at George Floyd protests across the United States. "The violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups in connection with the rioting is domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly," he said.

Barr also said that the federal government has evidence that Antifa "hijacked" legitimate protests around the country to "engage in lawlessness, violent rioting, arson, looting of businesses, and public property assaults on law enforcement officers and innocent people, and even the murder of a federal agent." Earlier, U.S. President Donald J. Trump had instructed the U.S. Justice Department to designate Antifa as a terrorist organization.

Academics and media outlets sympathetic to Antifa have argued that the group cannot be classified as a terrorist organization because, they claim, it is a vaguely-defined protest movement that lacks a centralized structure. Mark Bray, a vocal apologist for Antifa in America and author of the book "Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook," asserts that Antifa "is not an overarching organization with a chain of command."

Empirical and anecdotal evidence shows that Antifa is, in fact, highly networked, well-funded and has a global presence. It has a flat organizational structure with dozens and possibly hundreds of local groups. Not surprisingly, the U.S. Department of Justice is currently investigating individuals linked to Antifa as a step to unmasking the broader organization.

In the United States, Antifa's ideology, tactics and goals, far from being novel, are borrowed almost entirely from Antifa groups in Europe, where so-called anti-fascist groups, in one form or another, have been active, almost without interruption, for a century.

What is Antifa?
    Antifa can be described as a transnational insurgency movement that endeavors, often with extreme violence, to subvert liberal democracy, with the aim of replacing global capitalism with communism. Antifa's stated long-term objective, both in America and abroad, is to establish a communist world order. In the United States, Antifa's immediate aim is to bring about the demise of the Trump administration.

Antifa's nemeses include law enforcement, which is viewed as enforcing the established order. A common tactic used by Antifa in the United States and Europe is to employ extreme violence and destruction of public and private property to goad the police into a reaction, which then "proves" Antifa's claim that the government is "fascist."

Antifa claims to oppose "fascism," a term it often uses as a broad-brush pejorative to discredit those who hold opposing political beliefs. The traditional meaning of "fascism" as defined by Webster's Dictionary is "a totalitarian governmental system led by a dictator and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism, militarism, and often racism."

Antifa holds the Marxist-Leninist definition of fascism which equates it with capitalism. "The fight against fascism is only won when the capitalist system has been shattered and a classless society has been achieved," according to the German Antifa group, Antifaschistischer Aufbau München.

Germany's BfV domestic intelligence agency, in a special report on left-wing extremism, noted:

"Antifa's fight against right-wing extremists is a smokescreen. The real goal remains the 'bourgeois-democratic state,' which, in the reading of left-wing extremists, accepts and promotes 'fascism' as a possible form of rule and therefore does not fight it sufficiently. Ultimately, it is argued, 'fascism' is rooted in the social and political structures of 'capitalism.' Accordingly, left-wing extremists, in their 'antifascist' activities, focus above all on the elimination of the 'capitalist system.'"

Matthew Knouff, author of An Outsider's Guide to Antifa: Volume II, explained Antifa's ideology this way:

"The basic philosophy of Antifa focuses on the battle between three basic forces: fascism, racism and capitalism — all three of which are interrelated according to Antifa.... with fascism being considered the final expression or stage of capitalism, capitalism being a means to oppress, and racism being an oppressive mechanism related to fascism."

In an essay, "What Antifa and the Original Fascists Have In Common," Antony Mueller, a German professor of economics who currently teaches in Brazil, described how Antifa's militant anti-capitalism masquerading as anti-fascism reveals its own fascism:

"After the left has pocketed the concept of liberalism and turned the word into the opposite of its original meaning, the Antifa-movement uses a false terminology to hide its true agenda. While calling themselves 'antifascist' and declaring fascism the enemy, the Antifa itself is a foremost fascist movement.

"The members of Antifa are not opponents to fascism but themselves its genuine representatives. Communism, Socialism and Fascism are united by the common band of anti-capitalism and anti-liberalism.

"The Antifa movement is a fascist movement. The enemy of this movement is not fascism but liberty, peace and prosperity."

Antifa's Ideological Origins
    The ideological origins of Antifa can be traced back to the Soviet Union roughly a century ago. In 1921 and 1922, the Communist International (Comintern) developed the so-called united front tactic to "unify the working masses through agitation and organization" ... "at the international level and in each individual country" against "capitalism" and "fascism" — two terms that often were used interchangeably.

The world's first anti-fascist group, Arditi del Popolo (People's Courageous Militia), was founded in Italy in June 1921 to resist the rise of Benito Mussolini's National Fascist Party, which itself was established to prevent the possibility of a Bolshevik revolution on the Italian Peninsula. Many of the group's 20,000 members, consisting of communists and anarchists, later joined the International Brigades during the Spanish Civil War (1936–39).

In Germany, the Communist Party of Germany established the paramilitary group Roter Frontkämpferbund (Red Front Fighters League) in July 1924. The group was banned due to its extreme violence. Many of its 130,000 members continued their activities underground or in local successor organizations such as the Kampfbund gegen den Faschismus (Fighting-Alliance Against Fascism).

In Slovenia, the militant anti-fascist movement TIGR was established in 1927 to oppose the Italianization of Slovene ethnic areas after the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The group, which was disbanded in 1941, specialized in assassinating Italian police and military personnel.

In Spain, the Communist Party established the Milicias Antifascistas Obreras y Campesinas (Antifascist Worker and Peasant Militias), which were active in the 1930s.

The modern Antifa movement derives its name from a group called Antifaschistische Aktion, founded in May 1932 by Stalinist leaders of the Communist Party of Germany. The group was established to fight fascists, a term the party used to describe all of the other pro-capitalist political parties in Germany. The primary objective of Antifaschistische Aktion was to abolish capitalism, according to a detailed history of the group. The group, which had more than 1,500 founding members, went underground after Nazis seized power in 1933.

A German-language pamphlet — "80 Years of Anti-Fascist Actions" (80 Jahre Antifaschistische Aktion)" — describes in minute detail the continuous historical thread of the Antifa movement from its ideological origins in the 1920s to the present day. The document states:

"Antifascism has always fundamentally been an anti-capitalist strategy. This is why the symbol of the Antifaschistische Aktion has never lost its inspirational power.... Anti-fascism is more of a strategy than an ideology."

During the post-war period, Germany's Antifa movement reappeared in various manifestations, including the radical student protest movement of the 1960s, and the leftist insurgency groups that were active throughout the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.

The Red Army Faction (RAF), also known as the Baader-Meinhof Gang, was a Marxist urban guerrilla group that carried out assassinations, bombings and kidnappings aimed at bringing revolution to West Germany, which the group characterized as a fascist holdover of the Nazi era. Over the course of three decades, the RAF murdered more than 30 people and injured over 200.

After the collapse of the communist government in East Germany in 1989-90, it was discovered that the RAF had been given training, shelter, and supplies by the Stasi, the secret police of the former communist regime.

John Philip Jenkins, Distinguished Professor of History at Baylor University, described the group's tactics, which are similar to those used by Antifa today:

"The goal of their terrorist campaign was to trigger an aggressive response from the government, which group members believed would spark a broader revolutionary movement."

RAF founder Ulrike Meinhof explained the relationship between violent left-wing extremism and the police: "The guy in uniform is a pig, not a human being. That means we don't have to talk to him and it is wrong to talk to these people at all. And of course, you can shoot."

Bettina Röhl, a German journalist and daughter of Meinhof, argues that the modern Antifa movement is a continuation of the Red Army Faction. The main difference is that, unlike the RAF, Antifa's members are afraid to reveal their identities. In a June 2020 essay published by the Swiss newspaper Neue Zürcher Zeitung, Röhl also drew attention to the fact that Antifa is not only officially tolerated, but is being paid by the German government to fight the far right:

"The RAF idolized the communist dictatorships in China, North Korea, North Vietnam, in Cuba, which were transfigured by the New Left as better countries on the right path to the best communism....

"The flourishing left-wing radicalism in the West, which brutally strikes at the opening of the European Central Bank headquarters in Frankfurt, at every G-20 summit or every year on May 1 in Berlin, has achieved the highest level of establishment in the state, not least thanks to the support by quite a few MPs from political parties, journalists and relevant experts.

"Compared to the RAF, the militant Antifa only lacks prominent faces. Out of cowardice, its members cover their faces and keep their names secret. Antifa constantly threatens violence and attacks against politicians and police officers. It promotes senseless damage to property amounting to vast sums. Nevertheless, MP Renate Künast (Greens) recently complained in the Bundestag that Antifa groups had not been adequately funded by the state in recent decades. She was concerned that 'NGOs and Antifa groups do not always have to struggle to raise money and can only conclude short-term employment contracts from year to year.' There was applause for this from Alliance 90 / The Greens, from the left and from SPD deputies.

"One may ask the question of whether Antifa is something like an official RAF, a terrorist group with money from the state under the guise of 'fighting against the right.'"

Germany's BfV domestic intelligence agency explains Antifa's glorification of violence:

"For left-wing extremists, 'Capitalism' is interpreted as triggering wars, racism, ecological disasters, social inequality and gentrification. 'Capitalism' is therefore more than just a mere economic order. In left-wing extremist discourse, it determines the social and political form as well as the vision of a radical social and political reorganization. Whether anarchist or communist: Parliamentary democracy as a so-called bourgeois form of rule should be 'overcome' in any case.

"For this reason, left-wing extremists usually ignore or legitimize human rights violations in socialist or communist dictatorships or in states that they allegedly see threatened by the 'West.' To this day, both orthodox communists and autonomous activists justify, praise and celebrate the left-wing terrorist Red Army Faction or foreign left-wing terrorists as alleged 'liberation movements' or even 'resistance fighters.'"

Meanwhile, in Britain, Anti-Fascist Action (AFA), a militant anti-fascist group founded in 1985, gave birth to the Antifa movement in the United States. In Germany, the Antifaschistische Aktion-Bundesweite Organisation (AABO) was founded in 1992 to combine the efforts of smaller Antifa groups scattered around the country.

In Sweden, Antifascistisk Aktion (AFA), a militant Antifa group founded in 1993, established a three-decade track record for using extreme violence against its opponents. In France, the Antifa group L'Action antifasciste, is known for its fierce opposition to the State of Israel.

After the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and the collapse of communism in 1990, the Antifa movement opened a new front against neoliberal globalization.

Attac, established in France in 1989 to promote a global tax on financial transactions, now leads the so-called alter-globalization movement, which, like the Global Justice Movement, is opposed to capitalism. In 1999, Attac was present in Seattle during violent demonstrations that led to the failure of WTO negotiations. Attac also participated in anti-capitalist demonstrations against the G7, the G20, the WTO, and the war in Iraq. Today, the association is active in 40 countries, with more than a thousand local groups and hundreds of organizations supporting the network. Attac's decentralized and non-hierarchical organizational structure appears to be the model being used by Antifa.

In February 2016, the International Committee of the Fourth International advanced the political foundations of the global anti-war movement, which, like Antifa, blames capitalism and neoliberal globalism for the existence of military conflict:

"The new anti-war movement must be anti-capitalist and socialist, since there can be no serious struggle against war except in the fight to end the dictatorship of finance capital and the economic system that is the fundamental cause of militarism and war."

In July 2017, more than 100,000 anti-globalization and Antifa protesters converged on the German city of Hamburg to protest the G20 summit. Leftist mobs laid waste to the city center. An Antifa group called "G20 Welcome to Hell" bragged about how it was able to mobilize Antifa groups from across the world:

"The summit mobilizations have been precious moments of meeting and co-operation of left-wing and anti-capitalist groups and networks from all over Europe and world-wide. We have been sharing experiences and fighting together, attending international meetings, being attacked by cops supported by the military, re-organizing our forces and fighting back. Anti-globalization movement has changed, but our networks endure. We are active locally in our regions, cities, villages and forests. But we are also fighting trans-nationally."

Germany's domestic security service, in an annual report, added:

"Left-wing extremist structures tried to shift the public debate about the violent G20 summit protests in their favor. With the distribution of photos and reports of allegedly disproportionate police measures during the summit protests, they promoted an image of a state that denounced legitimate protests and put them down with police violence. Against such a state, they said, 'militant resistance' is not only legitimate, but also necessary."

Part II of this series will examine the activities of Antifa in Germany and the United States.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/brief-history-antifa-part-i[/URL]
    Last edited by kfm27917; 13th June 2020 at 16:17. Reason: eliminated adverising

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (20th June 2020), ClearWater (13th June 2020), edina (13th June 2020), Jayke (13th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (13th June 2020), samildamach (21st June 2020), shaberon (13th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Step 1: have a fake news outlet publish a smear story which includes no citations or only unnamed sources as the basis for the story.
    Step 2: have other comrades write other articles citing the first fake news article.
    Step 3: use the engineered perception of ‘social proof’ to trick people into thinking the initial story was true or has any validity.

That is what makes it hard to believe anything.

I don't really take "reported evidence" and run with it, i. e., I can't really come to conclusions about what exactly happened with 9/11, JFK, or how UFOs work, etc. Something is wrong with the official stories and we can figure out some of it, but, I can't claim to have the right evidence to actually solve it.

Same type of tactic is done by John Birch, etc., of the extreme right. Step 1 is more or less any fabrication or alteration or omission.

There is cyclical misinformation from both camps, which hampers one's ability to connect to objective reality.

I tend to agree with part of the Antifa basics, that is, the dangers of capitalism, but I am not a Marx-Leninist or any of that stuff. Those are relatively recent European movements. The American revolution subverted it all, but, now, this is more of the "for hire" pseudo-revolution that was used around Europe to prevent an American-style revolution from occurring. So the tactic is well-practiced.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (20th June 2020), edina (13th June 2020), Jayke (13th June 2020), justntime2learn (14th June 2020), kfm27917 (13th June 2020), Melinda (15th June 2020), mountain_jim (13th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #97
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...eful-assembly/

Quote United Nations “experts” slammed President Donald Trump’s call to label Antifa as a terrorist 8, claiming it will undermine Antifa’s right of “peaceful assembly” — despite many instances of violence by the far-left anarcho-communist group.

On Friday, the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) posted the flag of Antifa on their official Twitter account, saying that a group of  human rights “experts” at the globalist organisation had expressed “profound concern over a recent statement by the U.S. Attorney-General describing Antifa and other anti-fascist activists as domestic terrorists, saying it undermines the rights to freedom of expression and of peaceful assembly in the country.”

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (20th June 2020), Jayke (20th June 2020), justntime2learn (21st June 2020), shaberon (21st June 2020)

35. Link to Post #98
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

If you want to know who is behind all this, just look at recent history. There is the Russian collusion that almost buried and certainly hobbled the Trump administration, and the Chinese installing spyware in commercial communication products for sale in foreign markets. Also, and more importantly, the Chinese influence in our education system has been called out for radicalizing our youth. Had this sort of thing happened in the 1950s there would have been hell to pay! Today, it barely gets noticed.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Jayke (21st June 2020), shaberon (21st June 2020)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

U. N. Geneva office made an unofficial statement to the effect that designating Antifa and other anti-fascists is suppression of free speech:

No further information was given about who these experts might be, or whether this was the official position of the Human Rights Council, a body the US demonstratively left in June 2018, citing its criticism of Israel.

In some views:

“The United Nations is running cover for an international extremist group that has conducted violent insurrectionist attacks across North America and Europe,”tweeted journalist Jack Posobiec of OAN, adding“Antifa doesn’t exist and also the UN just endorsed them.”

Journalist Drew Holden brought up the Geneva office’s praise for China, adding that rather than defunding police, the US should “defund the UN.”

Position of the ACLU: the UN “needs to do its job – not get bullied out of doing it – and hold the United States accountable.”

So while there are objections to the U. N. itself, there are also requirements that it dominate the U. S.

My guess is both of those demands cannot be satisfied. No, I don't think we're headed to some kind of un-divided party here. This is more of a house that cannot stand.

The domestic laws on secret societies generally mean that, you cannot assemble in this manner, to violently overthrow the government, including simply to plot on it.

I am pretty sure you can plan to non-violently overthrow the government, or, if you plan to vandalize non-governmental buildings, that is a different type of crime. For instance, I can sit around and talk about disbanding the Union until I die, and, it is totally inert unless the state holds a Constitutional referendum to permit secession. Texans and some other people do not have this obstacle, which is why Texas gets these petitions in motion almost every year. So far, it just doesn't get enough momentum.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Jayke (21st June 2020), kfm27917 (21st June 2020), pyrangello (21st June 2020)

39. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,992 times in 2,110 posts

These crowds of paid activists are miniscule. Problem is 1 there are too many dam cameras these days recording everything 2 the media only shows you what they want you to see 3 there are way too many lawyers in this country sucking off the drama trough making a hefty living. About 2 weeks ago antifa announced on social media that they were going to invade a city in California. Couple of the dominant biker gangs got wind of this and put the word out they would be there to meet their arrival. Guess what ,they didn't show. I know a lot of bikers , if this trend continues to demonize our good police I could see a day where the bikers will step forward. Will knock the crap out of these punks, and will go after those who dare to record any of it on their phones. And i believe the police will be so busy that they won't even show up for an hour when called.

Saw this happen in Detroit, one biker club moved into a neighborhood, infested with drugs and lots of crimes . After about 2 months of the presence of that biker club there the neighborhood was all cleaned up. The police didn't even have to patrol the area anymore either. No cameras, no attornies , and no media, just a direct dose of woop axx.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Jad (22nd June 2020), Jayke (21st June 2020), kfm27917 (21st June 2020), shaberon (22nd June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast