1. Link to Post #141
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Default Re: Antifa

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    One of the things the left does not understand is that when you create this level of hate and anger it will destroy every thing and everyone in its path. The hard left has been created by colleges, media and these extreme politicians and they will eventually be destroyed by their own creations. Hypocrisy at its finest on display here.
    Well now, let's not forget that their counterparts are more and more openly advocating for public executions. Hangings, beheadings, heads on pikes, drawn and quartered, all that good stuff.

The s##t of it is, they both feel perfectly justified in their "hate and anger", and their aching need to annihilate the other.

Brings the following line to mind from "Sympathy For The Devil":

Quote I watched with glee
    While your kings and queens
    Fought for ten decades
    For the gods they made

2. Link to Post #142
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,517 times in 32,788 posts

An interesting graphic that was discovered and published by Mike Adams yesterday.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ClearWater (7th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Gwin Ru (7th January 2021), justntime2learn (7th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (7th January 2021), sunflower (8th January 2021), Yoda (7th January 2021)

4. Link to Post #143
    Netherlands Avalon Member Deneon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    An interesting graphic that was discovered and published by Mike Adams yesterday.

Fact check: Flyer does not show an Antifa call for riots after Election Day 2020

Bill, please google it just once before posting. I would expect better from most Avalonians, but especially you. This has been around since at least 2017, and even if you think it has some validity or that it's real, it certainly wasn't discovered yesterday.

5. Link to Post #144
    Thanks

I optimized the above image a little to make it easier to read the text.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (7th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), justntime2learn (7th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Reinhard (8th January 2021), Strat (7th January 2021), Yoda (7th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #145
    Thanks

Again:

Quote According to a CrowdTangle search, the same image has been circulating on public Facebook groups and pages at least since Oct. 27, 2017 ( here , here ). Posts from 2019 are visible here and here .

The flyer originated in 2017, when online rumors warned about an alleged “civil war” and that “far-left radicals” would gather in the streets on Nov. 4, 2017. This false claim was reported and debunked by several media outlets ( here , here , here ).
    full article here: Fact check: Flyer does not show an Antifa call for riots after Election Day 2020

Any media outlet reporting on this as if it was discovered yesterday, or is something new, cannot be taken seriously. A Google search will show within seconds that it has been around for much longer than that. How can you trust any agency, outlet or person, that does not even spend 2 minutes vetting a story or checking to see if it has any merit?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deneon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), Chris Gilbert (8th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Kalamos (8th January 2021), Reinhard (8th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #146
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Quote Posted by Deneon (here)
    Again:

Quote According to a CrowdTangle search, the same image has been circulating on public Facebook groups and pages at least since Oct. 27, 2017 ( here , here ). Posts from 2019 are visible here and here .

The flyer originated in 2017, when online rumors warned about an alleged “civil war” and that “far-left radicals” would gather in the streets on Nov. 4, 2017. This false claim was reported and debunked by several media outlets ( here , here , here ).
    full article here: Fact check: Flyer does not show an Antifa call for riots after Election Day 2020

Any media outlet reporting on this as if it was discovered yesterday, or is something new, cannot be taken seriously. A Google search will show within seconds that it has been around for much longer than that. How can you trust any agency, outlet or person, that does not even spend 2 minutes vetting a story or checking to see if it has any merit?
    I think you're missing the point, or maybe not.

The article does not say exactly when the image emerged because it is using the image as a caricature which is "a rendered image showing the features of its subject in a simplified or exaggerated way through sketching, pencil strokes, or through other artistic drawings".

If you're not familiar with the deceptions and tricks of Antifa perhaps you should read the thread instead of arguing an irrelevant point as the basis for ignoring the relevant Antifa points and claiming media who use caricatures cannot be trustworthy.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (8th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Mike (8th January 2021), Reinhard (8th January 2021)

11. Link to Post #147
    Thanks

Bill said Mike Adams discovered and shared this image yesterday. That implies it was FOUND yesterday. It was not. Bill did not link an article with more information with more context. So, I want to give context.

I have no doubts Antifa is real, and I have no doubt their aim is to make the Trumpers look bad by creating civil unrest, and I have no doubt that they've done this dressed as Trumpers. But I still think I should point out if I see information that is wrong. Misinformation is misinformation, whether it alignes with your world view or not.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deneon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (8th January 2021), ClearWater (8th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), Reinhard (8th January 2021)

13. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

Bill said Mike Adams discovered and shared this image yesterday. That implies it was FOUND yesterday. It was not. Bill did not link an article with more information with more context. So, I want to give context.

I have no doubts Antifa is real, and I have no doubt their aim is to make the Trumpers look bad by creating civil unrest, and I have no doubt that they've done this dressed as Trumpers. But I still think I should point out if I see information that is wrong. Misinformation is misinformation, whether it alignes with your world view or not.
    Yes, the flyer was old, and the 'election' referred to was 2016. ("NOV. 4" is a clue!)

Kind of makes it worse!

Mike Adams published it here:
    His text was:
    A flyer has also emerged that calls upon Antifa to dress up like MAGA supporters in order to impersonate them while instigating violence.
    Here it is again. Everyone should see this. (I hadn't seen it before, which is how come I'd assumed it was new.) But it doesn't matter how old or new it is. It's the content that matters.

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (8th January 2021), avid (8th January 2021), Brigantia (8th January 2021), ClearWater (8th January 2021), Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), justntime2learn (8th January 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (8th January 2021), kudzy (8th January 2021), Matthew (28th January 2021), pueblo (8th January 2021), Reinhard (8th January 2021), Rosco1 (8th January 2021), Tintin (8th January 2021), Yoda (8th January 2021)

15. Link to Post #149
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Yes, the flyer was old, and the 'election' referred to was 2016. ("NOV. 4" is a clue!)

Kind of makes it worse!

His text was:
    A flyer has also emerged that calls upon Antifa to dress up like MAGA supporters in order to impersonate them while instigating violence.
    Here it is again. Everyone should see this. (I hadn't seen it before, which is how come I'd assumed it was new.) But it doesn't matter how old or new it is. It's the content that matters.

You do realize that this could easily be flyers made by Trump supporters as way to to deflect criticism? It's the same type of simple disinformation that is done where right wingers put ads on craigslist pretending to be left wing activists offering to pay protestors, which is a very cheap and effective way to try to delegitimize any protest. It's very clear that the people at the capitol weren't Antifa. They were loud and proud Trump supporters, QAnon believers, etc. The existence of Antifa has driven right wingers crazy. They don't understand it, so becomes whatever they fear it is. It's their favorite boogeyman lately.
    "The total number of minds in the universe is one." - Erwin Schrödinger

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

Deborah (ahamkara) (8th January 2021), Gracy (8th January 2021), Zamolxe (8th January 2021)

17. Link to Post #150
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

Kind of makes it worse!

His text was:

You are beyond gullible if you think that ANTIFA would create this. Literally the top says ANTIFA COMRADE like that is something they would put to catch each others eyes.

Everything about this was created to play to exactly the type of people on this site.

If you think the people who attempted a coup at the capitol building were antifa driven, then I have a bridge to sell you.

But wait, the cops were clearly letting the protestors into capitol. So are the cops working with ANTIFA. It was not until they were breaching a door closer to actualy Congressmen that someone got shot.

REmember when other protest walked down main streets of cities and not storming the seats of government in their cities and the cops VIOLENTLY put it down?

Yet armed wackos calling elections stolen marched on the currently in session congress and literally got to the door in the building before serious resistance. (Watching the videos and livestreams, seemed that most people storming the building itself were not people of color). Funny how they didnt get shot. Some cops even took selfies with the Qulters.

NOPE no systemic racism in america. NONE! Imagine if black people marched on congress while confirming Donald trump in 2016. How do you think they would have been treated trying to force themselves into the capitol building.

You are recycling reactionary propaganda that was low effort at the time. Next you are going to tell me Hillary Clinton was behind the Coup attempt the other.

18. Link to Post #151
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

“Antifa”;has been active on the Portland street scene for at least 10 years. Over the last few years, money began flowing in along with a sophisticated level of organization which indicates outside manipulation or control..some are paid druggies and meth addicts, others are genuinely sincere in their Marxist beliefs. Their energy is dark, ugly and Arconically linked. They are self righteous and violent. Nothing good comes from this group..when they have served their purpose they will be dumped, discarded and destroyed by forces they lack the experience to comprehend or fully understand.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (8th January 2021), ClearWater (8th January 2021), edina (8th January 2021), Eva2 (8th January 2021), fifi (13th January 2021), justntime2learn (8th January 2021), Sue (Ayt) (8th January 2021)

20. Link to Post #152
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

The "group" everyone likes to blame when they talk about "Antifa" is the Black Bloc that they see show up at protests. These are people who dress in all black and often bring clubs and shields. Their intention is to protect protesters from white nationalists and, if necessary, also from the police. They are more likely to antagonize the white nationalists than the police.

The Black Bloc is not just one group. It just seems like they are one group because their intentions are the same wherever you see them and wearing all black is convenient for identifying themselves as acting in the capacity of confronting fascists. They wear face coverings so they are not identifiable should they do something illegal during a protest.

The media has been calling the Black Bloc "Antifa" because they often refer to themselves that way. "Antifa" is not the name of their group; rather, it is the name of their basic shared ideology: that fascism is bad. Anyone who believes fascism is bad is this Antifa, but the term is commonly associated with the Black Bloc because they also tends to share terminological lingo.

Black Bloc groups are almost always nonhierarchically organized. So the people who are part of them tend also to be anarchists. Here, "anarchist" doesn't mean someone who believes in chaos. Rather, it means someone who believes the world will be more orderly and functional without central, top-down control. They prefer round table organization to hierarchies. They do believe in public goods, just not top-down control.

Black Bloc organizations are small. In the first place, anarchists are not common in the US. In the second place, it takes a lot of guts to show up at a protest with the express intention of putting yourself between nazis and protesters or between police and protesters. For this reason, it's basically impossible that they are responsible for the things some media orgs and accuse them of.

Everything else you've heard is pretty much invented. They don't have funding and don't need funding. For what? So they can buy black clothes and facemasks and take the bus down to the protest in the city where they live? Do they need money so they can meet in the local library and talk about self defense tactics? There are so many misconceptions and outright lies repeated about Antifa it is mindboggling and actually pretty hilarious when it comes to people who have actually met some of them.
    Last edited by Maunagarjana; 9th January 2021 at 06:08.
    "The total number of minds in the universe is one." - Erwin Schrödinger

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

Blastolabs (13th January 2021)

22. Link to Post #153
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,352 times in 432 posts

I will agree with Maunagarjana. I know many of these types of people that get called Antifa and they are not organized in any real sense of the world and simply want to make the world a better place, although there tactics can be questionable. The "patriots" and antifa really want the exact same thing and our rulers do a damn good job of dividing them into two groups extremely well unfortunately.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blastolabs For This Post:

Charles Harris (20th January 2021), edina (13th January 2021), fifi (13th January 2021), Maunagarjana (13th January 2021)

24. Link to Post #154
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,635 times in 20,811 posts

• The Truth Behind Antifa? | Andy Ngo - Mikhaila Peterson:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st September 2021)

26. Link to Post #155
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,492 times in 4,308 posts

CA High School Teacher Admits Communist Indoctrination of Students: 'Turn Them into Revolutionaries’

BY PROJECT VERITAS AUG 31ST 2021

This guy is a teacher and is indoctrinating schoolkids with his stupid, toxic Antifa rhetoric. The pictures on the wall of his classroom include the Antifa Flag, the obligatory pride flag, and Chairman Mao - and no American Flag.

He admits he is as far left as you can go – but he's so far left, he's far-right, and has become a fascist. He even has Ingsoc (from 1984) tattooed on his arm!

Last edited by Mark (Star Mariner); 1st September 2021 at 16:06.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st September 2021), justntime2learn (1st September 2021), mountain_jim (1st September 2021), Peace in Oz (3rd September 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 8