+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Magic of Trees

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Default Magic of Trees

I have always felt such a deep connection to trees. As a child the trees on our farm were like people in the neighborhood. Writing the article below helped me to step back into that deep sense of connection and allowed me to remember that it is a foundational aspect to my being.

I would love to hear about your relationship to trees!

Quote Tune Into the Trees
    It is not uncommon for a person in the midst of a BQH session to meet with, or find themselves presenting as, a different life form. As a practitioner it is always fascinating to discover unfamiliar perspectives and insight that we don’t normally have access to. Unlike some of the Galactic life forms that can feature in sessions, the one I will discuss today exists on the same planet as us. It is the spectacular, majestic, yet humble tree.

Like most things in our environment, today we are taught to see trees from a functional standpoint: in grade school we learn about how they provide oxygen and are an extremely useful resource that can be used for everything from houses to paper. And yet for so many of us they are much more; we sense trees go way beyond functionality into a realm of secrecy and magic. Humanity’s history has been deeply intertwined with trees since our beginning. As children we climb in them, we play in their leaves and daydream in their shade. In our tales they individually speak to us, and collectively as forests, embody our terrors, intrigue, or enchantment.

The first time a client identified as a tree in a session I was slightly taken aback. She was describing the landscape around her. When I asked her where she wanted to explore she answered, “I don’t think I can move.” When I asked her what her feet looked like, she answered, “I don’t have any feet.” Curious about her experience of self, I asked her what she could tell me about her vessel. She paused, and then exclaimed quite joyfully, “I think I’m a tree!”

After a moment of tuning into herself she went on to describe how she could feel every cell of her being; the solidity of her trunk, the delicate movement of her leaves, the different temperatures of the soil, and each tiny root filament reaching out moving towards molecules of water. As she was sharing her experience tears began to roll down her face from her closed eyes. When I asked if she was ok she reported that she was in a state of ecstatic joy. She explained how each cell felt like it was flowing perfectly. There was no need to think about what she was doing because she trusted that every cell knew exactly what it needed to do; she felt in complete alignment with the whole universe. She experienced the pure acceptance that came with her growth; understanding without judgement that some branches would extend and others would die and fall away. She could feel the damp richness of the soil that nourished her roots with nutrients that came from decomposition, and the warm love that poured forth from the sun, gently coaxing her to grow and expand. Balanced between heaven and Earth, she radiated incredible peace.

Since that first time I have had several clients who had chapters of their journey that revolved around trees. Trees can surface in sessions as symbols for strength and grounding, with clients encouraged to recall a particular tree from a session when they need to feel the associated qualities in everyday life. Another interesting occurrence involves clients who discovered parallel lives as trees. Like the first client, they described a heightened sense of aliveness, a feeling of being intimately connected to the entire universe, as well as how time moves differently. From a point of seemingly timeless stillness they were able to observe buildings and people rise in freshness and then dissolve into decay.

A final interesting perspective was shared in a recent session. This client’s guides explained that as the Earthly version of herself embodied more of her multi-dimensional nature she would likely experience moments of confusion. I asked her what could help her to integrate this awareness into everyday life. Her higher self suggested that trees would assist. She explained that trees are our brethren, our kin, but that we have largely lost our connection. She went on to say that trees are gateways to other dimensions, and have access to the deepest archives of Gaia’s wisdom. She shared that trees, like people, have chakras. These chakras are like portals to the secret world of trees. Sensitive people can learn to sense chakras and connect with them to access the profound secrets of nature for which trees act as custodians. However, she added that it requires more than just hugging a tree to connect. Like people, trees want to feel a real connection before they will divulge aspects of their deep inner mystery. Like any relationship this takes time to develop; trees want to feel seen and appreciated and will form strong bonds as trust and respect grows.

I feel overall these are great reminders about how, in this era of digital information overload, trees wait patiently for us. By connecting with trees we can tap into a level of reality that goes infinitely deeper than the fast pace hype and drama that is so prolific in our reality. Their perspective, which focuses on being rather than obsessive doing, reminds us of the importance of slowing down, of grounding, of embracing the light and the dark aspects of ourselves, and exploring the depth of our interconnection with the world around us.
    Tune Into the Trees and more blog articles

2. The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Agape (7th June 2020), Alberto e Daniela (11th June 2020), Alekahn2 (8th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), AutumnW (12th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Bluegreen (7th June 2020), christian (7th June 2020), Conaire (8th June 2020), DaveToo (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enigma3 (11th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Franny (7th June 2020), Gracy (11th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), Inaiá (8th June 2020), Ioneo (7th June 2020), Jad (8th June 2020), jc71 (7th June 2020), jitu (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), justntime2learn (7th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), leavesoftrees (8th June 2020), lightwalker (8th June 2020), meeradas (7th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), Michi (7th June 2020), O Donna (7th June 2020), Orph (7th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), Satori (7th June 2020), seko (11th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), Valerie Villars (7th June 2020), WhiteFeather (17th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 times in 444 posts

Default Re: Magic of Trees

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    I have always felt such a deep connection to trees. As a child the trees on our farm were like people in the neighborhood. Writing the article below helped me to step back into that deep sense of connection and allowed me to remember that it is a foundational aspect to my being.

Your post is so beautiful enfoldedblue. Thank you for sharing the piece that you wrote.

The trees as living beings are rich in awareness. With their own individual personalities, like human-beings. Some are kind and motherly. Some are grumpy, or simply more guarded. But they are ancient species and full of wisdom.

The more my consciousness has opened itself to see them in that light, the more they have responded to me. Now, when I go to the park, knowing their presence is abundant there, I feel like I'm going to visit friends.

They appreciate when we clear rubbish from around them, when we thank them for the ways they nourish the air and our spirit, and give homes and food to other creatures. They appreciate when we approach them and treat them with respect, asking permission before entering certain spaces. When we thank them for their connection to source and to the earth, and the ways they supply to a multitude of living beings.

I am certain, more than once, I have had trees guide me.

I'm not sure how you 'prove' it to someone whose psychic mind isn't open. How it is not simply a projection. An anthropomorphizing. I don't really feel the need to. Although I feel that if more of us could see it, sense them, perhaps more of us would be helpful to them. The tree people.

I'll often touch them lightly when I pass them in the city. Thank them with my thoughts. Scrape a little chewing gum off their bark, or admire their leaves. Occasionally when I've done that one has fallen from high above right at my feet – silky and golden. So I keep it in my pocket. Bring it home. I've brought such a bundle of fallen wood home over the years any visitors probably think I'm a witch, or a wood carver (or both.) I once napped spontaneously under the Oak branch in the corner of my living room and had the most wonderful dreams.

I try to support tree charities that invest in planting and nurturing. The stories that really move me are those of one or two people alone, who reforest entire swathes of land.

Read a beautiful story years ago, about the ritual of a particular people. When a mother gave birth it was a father's role to protect the placenta. He would take it home and plant it in the ground with a tree seed. I can't recall what part of the world. But I thought that was a beautiful thing. Linking the tree with the child, and the child with the earth.

We are all linked, even if the part of us that knows it is sleeping.

This is a photo I saw on the web the other day, with the caption “OLDEST TREE IN THE PHILIPPINES (1328 years old)” I don't know if it's accurate, but just seeing the tree was healing for my soul. What a majestic being.

Last edited by Melinda; 7th June 2020 at 02:57.

4. The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Melinda For This Post:

Agape (7th June 2020), Alekahn2 (8th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Bluegreen (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (7th June 2020), enigma3 (11th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Franny (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), holistic1 (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), Inaiá (8th June 2020), Ioneo (7th June 2020), Jad (8th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), leavesoftrees (8th June 2020), meeradas (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), O Donna (7th June 2020), onevoice (7th June 2020), Orph (7th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), Scottoz (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020), Yoda (15th November 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thank you for sharing! Here in alternative communities in Australia many bury their child's placenta under trees. I wish I had done it with my son. I intended to ask for it..but had a very difficult birth that pulled me off track.

That tree you shared is amazing! Here is another amazing one located in Mexico. It is said to be 2000 years old. I visited this tree back in '96 and kept a twig I found on the ground. I keep the piece in a little leather pouch that I wear around my neck.

Quote Posted by Melinda (here)

Your post is so beautiful enfoldedblue. Thank you for sharing the piece that you wrote.

The trees as living beings are rich in awareness. With their own individual personalities, like human-beings. Some are kind and motherly. Some are grumpy, or simply more guarded. But they are ancient species and full of wisdom.

The more my consciousness has opened itself to see them in that light, the more they have responded to me. Now, when I go to the park, knowing their presence is abundant there, I feel like I'm going to visit friends.

They appreciate when we clear rubbish from around them, when we thank them for the ways they nourish the air and our spirit, and give homes and food to other creatures. They appreciate when we approach them and treat them with respect, asking permission before entering certain spaces. When we thank them for their connection to source and to the earth, and the ways they supply to a multitude of living beings.

I am certain, more than once, I have had trees guide me.

I'm not sure how you 'prove' it to someone whose psychic mind isn't open. How it is not simply a projection. An anthropomorphizing. I don't really feel the need to. Although I feel that if more of us could see it, sense them, perhaps more of us would be helpful to them. The tree people.

I'll often touch them lightly when I pass them in the city. Thank them with my thoughts. Scrape a little chewing gum of their bark, or admire their leaves. Occasionally when I've done that one has fallen from high above right at my feet – silky and golden. So I keep it in my pocket. Bring it home. I've brought such a bundle of fallen wood home over the years any visitors probably think I'm a witch, or a wood carver (or both.) I once napped spontaneously under the Oak branch in the corner of my living room and had the most wonderful dreams.

I try to support tree charities that invest in planting and nurturing. The stories that really move me are those of one or two people alone, who reforest entire swathes of land.

Read a beautiful story years ago, about the ritual of a particular people. When a mother gave birth it was a father's role to protect the placenta. He would take it home and plant it in the ground with a tree seed. I can't recall what part of the world. But I thought that was a beautiful thing. Linking the tree with the child, and the child with the earth.

We are all linked, even if the part of us that knows it is sleeping.

This is a photo I saw on the web the other day, with the caption “OLDEST TREE IN THE PHILIPPINES (1328 years old)” I don't know if it's accurate, but just seeing the tree was healing for my soul. What a majestic being.

6. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Agape (7th June 2020), Alekahn2 (8th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enigma3 (11th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Franny (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), Inaiá (8th June 2020), Ioneo (7th June 2020), Jad (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), leavesoftrees (8th June 2020), meeradas (7th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), O Donna (7th June 2020), Orph (7th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), Scottoz (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,007 posts

Beyond me is a tree, in front of me, the forest is waiting.
    Experience releases hope in a simple moment of love for trees.
    The moment is magical and symbolic in which we can learn a lot about ourselves and about the ephemerality of life (in the leaves) together with its reconstruction and durability over time (in the roots).

The idea of ​​the trees releasing the leaves teaches us how to free ourselves from what no longer has "pigment" of meaning and "chlorophyll" of development, but the most precious is spring in the new embrace of awakening.
    No wonder that, in all its splendor, the forest is the perfect place for truly relaxing walks. The forest offers us the perfect environment to heal holistically. Forest sounds, such as the whispers of the wind, the rustling of leaves or the songs of birds, can calm our minds and consequently stimulate our brain activity. All our daily tensions, all our inner struggles and problems can disappear with a session of "therapy of the forest ”.
    Embracing trees increases the spiritual level and the stage responsible for feelings of calm and emotional connection.

The structure of the biological system of trees is wider than we can understand, information changes between roots, between leaves and flowers, between tree and pollinators, between their ascent to the stars and time, so maybe when we think we made the decision ourselves to hug a tree,
    let's think again, because they are very intelligent.

The dialogue with a tree can be incredibly beautiful, we can learn what dynamics means in pure stillness.

Let's plant a bright smile in every tree and put a drop of soul in every root, for a better world and a greener planet.

What is the joy in this?
    Today just be a tree for you and me

The Voice of the Trees by Bartholomaus Traubeck(2:26)

Ta Prohm temple, Angkor, Cambodia

The roots always find their place

Anca
    And all this to be just human.

8. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Agape (7th June 2020), Alekahn2 (8th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (7th June 2020), enigma3 (11th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Franny (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), Ioneo (7th June 2020), Jad (8th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), meeradas (7th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), O Donna (7th June 2020), Orph (7th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), Scottoz (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), Valerie Villars (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,309 times in 307 posts

Beautiful, have so enjoyed this post.
    I have often been called a tree hugger, and it hurts my heart when one is cut down.
    I have always loved trees from early childhood, and played in the forest near our home with my sister. I do know they have feelings and they let me know, even when I thin or clip a shrub I can feel it thanking me, that now the air can freely pass through it's branches.

10. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

anandacate (9th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Bluegreen (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (7th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Franny (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), Jad (8th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), meeradas (7th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), Orph (7th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), Valerie Villars (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Love this..thank you!

I forgot about that tree music!

Quote Posted by Anka (here)
    Beyond me is a tree, in front of me, the forest is waiting.
    Experience releases hope in a simple moment of love for trees.
    The moment is magical and symbolic in which we can learn a lot about ourselves and about the ephemerality of life (in the leaves) together with its reconstruction and durability over time (in the roots).

The idea of ​​the trees releasing the leaves teaches us how to free ourselves from what no longer has "pigment" of meaning and "chlorophyll" of development, but the most precious is spring in the new embrace of awakening.
    No wonder that, in all its splendor, the forest is the perfect place for truly relaxing walks. The forest offers us the perfect environment to heal holistically. Forest sounds, such as the whispers of the wind, the rustling of leaves or the songs of birds, can calm our minds and consequently stimulate our brain activity. All our daily tensions, all our inner struggles and problems can disappear with a session of "therapy of the forest ”.
    Embracing trees increases the spiritual level and the stage responsible for feelings of calm and emotional connection.

The structure of the biological system of trees is wider than we can understand, information changes between roots, between leaves and flowers, between tree and pollinators, between their ascent to the stars and time, so maybe when we think we made the decision ourselves to hug a tree,
    let's think again, because they are very intelligent.

The dialogue with a tree can be incredibly beautiful, we can learn what dynamics means in pure stillness.

Let's plant a bright smile in every tree and put a drop of soul in every root, for a better world and a greener planet.

What is the joy in this?
    Today just be a tree for you and me

The Voice of the Trees by Bartholomaus Traubeck(2:26)

Ta Prohm temple, Angkor, Cambodia

The roots always find their place

Anca

12. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

anandacate (9th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Franny (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), meeradas (7th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

A while ago I lived near a forest that was being logged. I had absolutely no idea how horrifying it would be to hear. I was highly distressed as I heard each huge tree crash to the ground. It was really like hearing a massacre for me.

While I do think that timber is a wonderful resource we are not harvesting responsibly.

So many trees are cut down for things that could easily be replaced by more renewable resources like hemp and bamboo.

There is really no reason why we should be cutting down old growth forest in this day and age.

Quote Posted by Sadieblue (here)
    Beautiful, have so enjoyed this post.
    I have often been called a tree hugger, and it hurts my heart when one is cut down.
    I have always loved trees from early childhood, and played in the forest near our home with my sister. I do know they have feelings and they let me know, even when I thin or clip a shrub I can feel it thanking me, that now the air can freely pass through it's branches.

14. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Franny (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), leavesoftrees (8th June 2020), meeradas (7th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), Valerie Villars (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 times in 913 posts

I grew up with two trees. One in the front and one in the back.

Along with other trees in the fields and the mountains, we grew up together.

I'd ride my bike up to foothills and run up the deer trails there to sit under the trees.

When I went deeper in the mountains I found trees very tall and much harder to climb, but

High up in those trees I would deeply relax and feel the earth traveling through the skies, some call them heavens. Up there in the moving tall I understand the words from those who never sat that high.

I didn't need a car or a motorcycle to feel the speed because this was so much faster, being held in the arms of the biggest trees, the legs all one connection to the roots deep in the ground. Still 50, 60, 80 feet up I could feel the sway, the give against the movement of all the gravities on this little planet and the wind marking the time...

It was the highest up in my closest tree that I remember the choice I had to make about staying with people or going back home where there is always the real life amongst the trees, the grasses, the rivers and the rocks. I was 12 years, 5 days, 1 hour and 39 to 45 minutes old. It was just before midnight on December 31 of that year. I am not proud about staying because words, and even caring cannot compare. This is just but one lifetime in an endless forest of finding freedom...

I still have the placenta from my son's birth.

Find a tree to nurture it and plant the memory of delivering him....

16. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Agape (7th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Bluegreen (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (7th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Franny (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), meeradas (7th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), Tam (12th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), Valerie Villars (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

As a young boy I remember someone in the street that I lived in who may have been visiting friends in the area, I recall knowing he was from abroad and I think he may have been from Canada. He showed me some photos of what I'm sure were Giant Redwoods and asked me if I knew what they were and then proceeded to tell me something about them. The whole friendly interaction left an indelible impression on me for which I was grateful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5616.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	43772

18. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Agape (7th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Bluegreen (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (7th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Franny (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), meeradas (7th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Wow Hym I loved hearing about your experience of being high in the tree. How wonderful! Thanks for the idea of the tree to conbect with my son's birth.

And Pete, did you ever get to see the redwoods?
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 7th June 2020 at 06:55.

20. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Franny (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), meeradas (16th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

And Pete, did you ever get to see the redwoods?
    No, but I'm sure it would be a wonderful experience. they are just incredible.

22. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (8th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), meeradas (16th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Hi there EB,

Thank you so much for this beautiful thread. I can strongly affirm that trees are magical and that you can connect with them at the spiritual level. I've had plenty of those as a kid. Particularly with a huge oak tree nearby my home. I could spend so much time up there (luckily I didn't like TV except from documentaries) doing almost everything like eating, reading, meeting with friends or even sleeping without the fear of falling. Thankfully I never spoiled it by building a house on it. I did try once but it didn't feel right.

Here in greece in many small villages large plain (platanus) trees, located usually at the main square, are literally the main meeting hub where people gather during hot summer days under its shade to chill out, converse and treat themselves with all sorts of pleasures. Yes alcohol is involved, but in a healthy way 😊

Have you seen the movie avatar? Its depiction of the tree of souls and the trees of voices spoke to me in such deep and impactful ways

I couldn't help but wonder whether James Cameron was inspired from Edmond Bordeaux Szekely’s book The Gospel of the Essenes (1974, pgs. 193-194)

Quote “In the days of old, when the Creation was young,
    The earth was filled with giant trees,
    Whose branches soared above the clouds,
    And in them dwelled our Ancient Fathers,
    They who walked with the Angels,
    And who lived by the Holy Law.
    In the shadow of the branches all men lived in peace,
    And wisdom and knowledge was theirs,
    And the revelation of the Endless Light.
    Through their forests flowed the Eternal River,
    And in the Center stood the Tree of Life,
    And it was not hidden from them.
    They ate from the table of the Earthly Mother,
    And slept in the arms of the Heavenly Father,
    And their covenant was for eternity with the Holy Law.
    In that time the trees were the brothers of men,
    And their span on the earth was very long,
    As long as the Eternal River, Which flowed without ceasing
    From the Unknown Spring….

…. the sacred covenant with the Creator
    Was broken by the sons of men,
    And they were banished from their home of trees.
    Now the path leading to the Tree of Life is hidden from the eyes of men….”
    Last edited by fractal being; 7th June 2020 at 07:56.

24. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

Agape (7th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (8th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), Harmony (7th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), meeradas (16th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Mercedes (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Tam (12th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), Valerie Villars (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,721 times in 32,945 posts

This is the official highest forest in the world, here in the local mountains at 13,500 ft. It looks and feels like something out of Lord of the Rings: a most magical place, totally alive. Local legends say that all kinds of spirits live there. I'm sure they're right!

The forest is very extensive, and every part of it looks exactly the same. Turn round a couple of times, and you're completely lost. I'm the very small figure just below center.

26. The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (7th June 2020), Alberto e Daniela (11th June 2020), Alekahn2 (8th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bluegreen (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (8th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (7th June 2020), Harmony (8th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), Jad (8th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Kate (7th June 2020), Krist (7th June 2020), kudzy (7th June 2020), lightwalker (8th June 2020), meeradas (16th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), Michi (8th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (7th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), Tam (12th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020), Yoda (8th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

There was a stand of 3 trees in the yard next door. The tree closest to the house was leaning away from the other two. So the owner cut it down, thinking it threatened the house. My wife was terribly upset that the tree was cut down, and didn't seem to know why she was upset. My perception was that the tree had had a degraded human spirit in it, and that's why it was leaning away from the other trees, and that the spirit temporarily attached to my wife, hence her temporary black mood.

28. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

anandacate (9th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Bluegreen (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (8th June 2020), fractal being (9th June 2020), Harmony (8th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), meeradas (16th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (8th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Trees are my friends. We talk and exchange appreciation and energy. I use to stand by a row of trees on the property and put heart focus on one. She’d move her branches as if a gentle breeze came by.

Our family lived on a 23 acre property that was mostly woods. There were streams running through parts of it and other places that had deciduous trees and pine.

The most intriguing was the grove that I was never able to find, but it always found me. I’d find myself resting on the pine carpet, tears flowing and felt a warmth across my back of someone one consoling me. Pain slowly dissolved out of my body and mind.

Other times, I’d sense deer close by. It was like a mother comforting for her fawn.

Years later, I mentioned the grove to my brother of how I never recalled how I got there or retuned, nor could I ever find it. He said he knew where it was and agreed that is was a place of solace.

I’ve shared this last one before. It was an experience I had while on my walk. I call it “Tree Talk”.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 8th September 2020 at 21:39.

30. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alekahn2 (8th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Bluegreen (8th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (8th June 2020), enigma3 (11th June 2020), Forest Denizen (7th June 2020), fractal being (9th June 2020), Harmony (8th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), Jad (8th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), lightwalker (8th June 2020), meeradas (16th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), Sadieblue (8th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), Tam (12th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 times in 913 posts

Trees breathe. So do we. Without that breath I would likely not be here, despite all of the adaptations that an encroaching mechanical world has placed in the way and might attempt to impose upon humanity in the future.

Being so deaf from the drone of a world of machines I am not surprised people do not hear the knowledge that trees contain, the songs of the teachers. There is a living pulse, a circulation of awareness that is the very nature of trees.

The increase in the electronic influence upon humanity is directly proportionate to the disconnect of humanity from the evolution of their consciousness, their bio-chemical structure, their health and their reasons for being.

Humans are breaking their agreements with nature, again, on a soul level where the lifeblood, the streams of much deeper communications that have always been there to learn from, is removed. Humans have done this before.

The breath of trees is much longer, but unlike animals and humans they exhale the life giving power of oxygen. The exhale takes a lot of time. I am in awe at times, so aware of the expressions, the color and nutrients spread out from trees and available to heal the body, inform the open mind and connect with the endless soul.

Often, when I am there I run fast along the trails because I get another compressed sight of the records of time that are always there in the calm of this world, where only the sick, the so-called civilized would call it wild.

The missing ingredient in health and healing is the power of humans to breath in the life giving power so present within nature. It is easy to access and only the deathly life of modern men can make it hard to feel.

Sit down on the grass. Lean against a tree with your back touching the trunk.
    Look out at the world and see the world anew.

The tree will open its life thru you when you are quiet enough, alive enough. It will see with you and thru you. This communication is life itself.

Trees stand and some of that standing is for us.

32. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Alekahn2 (8th June 2020), angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (8th June 2020), Forest Denizen (8th June 2020), fractal being (9th June 2020), Harmony (8th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), Jad (8th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), leavesoftrees (8th June 2020), meeradas (16th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (7th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (8th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (7th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,403 times in 258 posts

I love trees.

I have about 30 miniatures in my garden and my office.

This one I grew from a seed - it is a Blue Jacaranda.

I'll take some photos and post them. I have English Elm, Japanese Dishojo Maple, Ash, Oak, White Pine, Redwood, Hornbeam, Horse Chestnut and so on....

I can also recommend a book series which has amazing trees in it: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...s_of_the_World

JC
    Last edited by jc71; 7th June 2020 at 17:38.

34. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to jc71 For This Post:

Alekahn2 (8th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Bluegreen (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (8th June 2020), Forest Denizen (8th June 2020), fractal being (9th June 2020), Harmony (8th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), Jad (8th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), leavesoftrees (8th June 2020), meeradas (16th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (8th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (8th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

UN COPAC CU FLORI - Ștefan HRUSCĂ - versuri Dan Verona/A TREE WITH FLOWERS - Ștefan HRUSCĂ - lyrics Dan Verona
    (3:45 min.)

Când privesc spre voi ades
    Pe pământ eu mă visez
    Că sunt un copac cu flori

Şi la drumul mare ies
    C-un surâs de frunze verzi
    Să vă-mbrăţişez în zori

Unii trec mereu grăbiţi
    Şi nu văd că înfloresc
    Pentru ei adeseori

Însă cei îndrăgostiţi
    Şi copiii se opresc:
    – Uite un copac cu flori!

Refren: Un copac cu flori
    Şi un colţ uitat de cer
    Un copac cu flori
    Este tot ce vă ofer

Un copac cu flori
    Să vă pot îmbrăţişa
    Un copac cu flori
    Asta este viaţa mea

Unde văd un geam deschis
    Noaptea pe când voi visaţi
    Plin de flori cutreierat

Şi apar ades în vis
    Doar de vă imaginaţi
    Că exist cu adevărat

Numai tu iubita mea
    Nu apari la geam deloc
    Să te pot îmbrăţişa

Chiar de inima mi-e grea
    Lasă-mi doar acest noroc
    Să-nfloresc la poarta ta

Refren: Un copac cu flori
    Şi un colţ uitat de cer
    Un copac cu flori
    Este tot ce vă ofer

Un copac cu flori
    Să vă pot îmbrăţişa
    Un copac cu flori
    Asta este viaţa mea

"Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

36. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (11th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Bluegreen (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (8th June 2020), Forest Denizen (8th June 2020), fractal being (9th June 2020), Harmony (8th June 2020), haroldsails (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), meeradas (16th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (8th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (8th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

if one is truly interested in this topic please do read German forrester Peter Wohlleben's book "The Secret History of Trees" (translated into English from German)- it's a truly fascinating book (sort of takes it a step farther from the 70's book "The Secret Life of Plants")-

Wohlleben even goes into how older trees will nurture younger ones, how some trees don't get along with their neighbors and how some trees who have been attacked by vermin (for lack of a better word) will send down-wind a scent to other trees to emanate something that will prevent the attackers from attacking them-

truly fascinating book-

Larry

38. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Alekahn2 (8th June 2020), angelfire (7th June 2020), Anka (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (8th June 2020), Forest Denizen (8th June 2020), fractal being (9th June 2020), Harmony (8th June 2020), Hym (7th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (8th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (8th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (8th June 2020), toppy (7th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,007 posts

A walk in nature to find beautiful places of our heart,...

Eagle Creek Trail - Amazing Trip | Stunning Footage(4:14)

... when we find the roots (of a tree) of our ancestors growing along the very body of our present (the trunk of the tree), in the stretching of the arms towards the Universe (the branches of the tree), it is pure meditation.

Follow a Drone Down Into an Ancient Rain-Forest - World's Gnarliest Tree - Avatar Grove (8:05)

"And to those who strip the earth for the profit, your actions shall echo to eternity!"
    And all this to be just human.

40. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (11th June 2020), Alekahn2 (8th June 2020), anandacate (9th June 2020), angelfire (7th June 2020), Ben (8th June 2020), Bill Ryan (7th June 2020), Bluegreen (7th June 2020), EFO (7th June 2020), enfoldedblue (8th June 2020), enigma3 (11th June 2020), Forest Denizen (8th June 2020), fractal being (9th June 2020), Harmony (8th June 2020), Hym (8th June 2020), jjjones (8th June 2020), meeradas (16th June 2020), Melinda (7th June 2020), O Donna (8th June 2020), Peter UK (8th June 2020), Reinhard (9th June 2020), RunningDeer (7th June 2020), Sadieblue (8th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (8th June 2020), william r sanford72 (8th June 2020), Wind (7th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast