1. Link to Post #41
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Default Re: All Lives Matter

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)
    This is something I wrote in a group on FB...."I hear a lot of spiritual people saying... I see no color, or there is no race in 5d. And while it is true that we are absolutely all equal in spirit and many of us have incarnated as many races, that does not mean that our experiences in the physical realm are equal. Our brothers and sisters of color deal with a level of racism everyday that is difficult if not impossible to understand if we are born into white skin. By using statements like all lives matter, or I see no color, we are brushing over and invalidating the suffering that our brothers and sisters of color experience through participation in a system that inherently favors white skin. Now of course everyone suffers and everyone has huge hurdles to deal with in this dense reality, but that is not the point. Right now a very specific problem is being highlighted and in order to create change that brings us closer to equality we need to first acknowledge it is happening, it is real. By acknowledging difference in experience we are not adding to division and separation, rather we are taking steps toward healing. No one should be dying or experiencing injustices because of the color of their skin..but they are. This sickening truth is not ok. This needs to stop immediately and only through big numbers standing up and saying no will we have any hope of change. Recent events have brought this to the attention of our collective awareness. We could choose to focus on what agenda is being played out behind the scenes, on all the ways other people, or ourselves might suffer, or we can use this as an opportunity to tackle injustices as they surface and take steps towards building a society that is truly equal. Right now it is Black Lives Matter ❤."

And as I mentioned, of course there will be some agendas playing out, but that does not mean that an extremely real problem isn't being highlighted and that through raised awareness positive change can come.

Here is a good example ...In Australia Aboriginal people represent less than 3% of the population and yet represent 25% of the prison population. Until recently this was rarely discussed. Now it is in public awareness. It has been shown that a white person is 4x more likely to get off with a warning when caught with canabis than a person of color.

If we just focus on All lives matter how will this racism that is deeply entrenched in the system get the attention it needs.
    Because of BLM these things are finally being addressed.
    Right now the court system is looking at working with community elders to find better ways to address legal matters in indegenous communities. This is sooo needed.
    Yes but aboriginal people are 15 to 20 times more likely to commit violent offences than non-Indigenous people. I think the cannabis statistic is interesting and needs to be looked into but there could be non-racist reasons for this disparity. For instance you are more likely to be let of a crime if it is the first offence. To just jump at a conclusion of racism, could actually be construed as racist.

I think the best way community elders could help the community is by helping them not to commit crime in the first place. Creating a culture of self-responsibility rather than victimhood
    Interesting that you are more concerned with defending the legal system than trying to understand why this is the case (though I would be interested to know where you get your statistics). Are you aware of ancestral trauma? Trauma that is genetically encoded and passed down through generations. Can you imagine the trauma of having your children forcibly taken from you, of having communities savagely massacred. Of being forced fit into a system that doesn't fit. I mean seriously I could go on and on about the incredible suffering the indigenous communities here in Australia have endured since Colonization. Is it really any wonder why people carrying so much complex trauma don't 'fit nicely' into a deeply racist and unjust system a that they never asked to be part of? And is it fair to just expect them to fix themselves?
    How far would the trauma go back,all of us have suffered without exception. Iam 70% Anglo Saxon 25% germanic Swedish. We have endured the roman's, the Dane's and the French occupation.we have endured slavery,serfdom endentured slavery work houses and much much more.
    Yet still I believe right now blm these things teach me empathy not hatred.
    The opportunity for change is already missed,all I hear is background noise drowning out the real issues. Here in the u.k We're talking statues and history and which programs should be deleted.
    Nothing to see here move along

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

alh02 (25th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (11th June 2020), Gemma13 (11th June 2020), greybeard (11th June 2020), Mike (11th June 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

The Scottish people were the subject of abuse in all its forms.
    I think every race can fairly claim that.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Alan (11th June 2020), alh02 (25th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (11th June 2020), Eva2 (11th June 2020), Gemma13 (11th June 2020), Mike (11th June 2020), samildamach (11th June 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,410 times in 621 posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	43800With peaceful wishes .....
    Last edited by boja; 11th June 2020 at 10:23.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to boja For This Post:

Gemma13 (11th June 2020), Ioneo (12th June 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020), wondering (11th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Bill, Then "New World Order" has been in place for decades now. It's the unipolar militarized U.S and its sphere of influence. Call it the Anglo American empire, currently held in place by neo-conservative military and neo-liberal economic policy. Jobs outsourced to China (after being outsourced to Mexico,) created a mass of illegal immigration into the U.S, destroyed our manufacturing base (Detroit) while gutted the steel belt.

These actions created a huge underclass and established a NWO.

Now here is where we totally differ in our opinions, I will bet you -- and I have banged on about this so much it's wearing me out. Once ties with China are broken, economically, most of the slack is going to be taken up by India. The jobs that do drift back to the U.S. will be automated. The manufacturing jobs will be done in the private prison system.

Is anybody following this system? I've been tracking it. It's happening, has happened and its being ramped up. Those who think the U.S is actually becoming more 'nationalistic', in a positive sense are wrong. And, 'black lives matter,' is not part of a world wide NWO drive, imho. It is working counter to that. I believe it was the treatment of blacks and the underclass in Ferguson, Missouri, excessive fines and incarceration that touched off that movement. If all lives matter, as so many white people blithely toss off, then please look into this issue. That's all anybody can ask.

Not all people in jails are 'guilty' many of them start out in that system for minor infractions and are then trapped by it. And I don't mean psychologically. I mean trapped trapped, like 'slave labor' for corporations trapped. How is this NOT the NWO on steroids?

In Canada most of the Indian population is on reserves right out of the mainstream, or they have assimilated....on the West Coast. The rest of Canada is a different story and your sentiments about them, are bang on, particularly for Canada.
    That's a good point who is to take up the slack after China.

But please do have a listen to Pippa Malmgren's take on this, she is of the opinion that Mexico is already becoming the new China, not India, given its still unacceptably high levels of corruption.

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/...xico-and-trump

Quote Malmgren’s most revealing – and disturbing – concern was about China’s social credit system. She described it as an, “Uber score for individuals based on social compliance.” Everyone in China has a score based on their behaviors. One’s score goes down, for example, if you jaywalk, leave a bicycle in a footpath or have debt. Personal scores are publicly broadcast. Your score dictates your place in society and your prospects for the future. Party members have the highest score.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

https://mobile.twitter.com/samantham...07379721908227

Oops if this pic can't be shrunk MODS please delete. Thank you.

Last edited by Gemma13; 11th June 2020 at 15:19.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (11th June 2020), Ioneo (12th June 2020), RunningDeer (11th June 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

I know you weren't talking to me, but I'd like to address some of these things.
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    This is something I wrote in a group on FB...."I hear a lot of spiritual people saying... I see no color, or there is no race in 5d. And while it is true that we are absolutely all equal in spirit and many of us have incarnated as many races, that does not mean that our experiences in the physical realm are equal. Our brothers and sisters of color deal with a level of racism everyday that is difficult if not impossible to understand if we are born into white skin. By using statements like all lives matter, or I see no color, we are brushing over and invalidating the suffering that our brothers and sisters of color experience through participation in a system that inherently favors white skin. Now of course everyone suffers and everyone has huge hurdles to deal with in this dense reality, but that is not the point. Right now a very specific problem is being highlighted and in order to create change that brings us closer to equality we need to first acknowledge it is happening, it is real. By acknowledging difference in experience we are not adding to division and separation, rather we are taking steps toward healing. No one should be dying or experiencing injustices because of the color of their skin..but they are. This sickening truth is not ok. This needs to stop immediately and only through big numbers standing up and saying no will we have any hope of change. Recent events have brought this to the attention of our collective awareness. We could choose to focus on what agenda is being played out behind the scenes, on all the ways other people, or ourselves might suffer, or we can use this as an opportunity to tackle injustices as they surface and take steps towards building a society that is truly equal. Right now it is Black Lives Matter ❤."

And as I mentioned, of course there will be some agendas playing out, but that does not mean that an extremely real problem isn't being highlighted and that through raised awareness positive change can come.

Here is a good example ...In Australia Aboriginal people represent less than 3% of the population and yet represent 25% of the prison population. Until recently this was rarely discussed. Now it is in public awareness. It has been shown that a white person is 4x more likely to get off with a warning when caught with canabis than a person of color.

If we just focus on All lives matter how will this racism that is deeply entrenched in the system get the attention it needs.
    Right now the court system is looking at working with community elders to find better ways to address legal matters in indegenous communities. This is sooo needed.

You'll have to give some more specific examples of how the system favors those with white skin.

Education, here in the states, has never been easier for low income minorities. In fact, the poorer you are, the more likely you'll get all the grants and loans you need. Anyone who has ever said they can't afford college is either being willfully dense or they live in a cave.

Actually, this is not exactly the way it works. I am speaking from direct experience here.

First, the entire navigation of the college system is put together in a way that makes it very difficult to navigate for those that have no experience with such a system. This is most people coming from low income backgrounds. They don't have a parent or anyone else experienced to help them navigate the ridiculous amount of work that needs to be done, most of which needs a computer--not a phone--to accomplish, which for many people of low income means that you need to find someone or go to the library.

The response I usually here is something along the line of--go to the library, go to the school counselor, go to the non-profit in your city. This response typically comes from the white person sitting at home behind their own computer, the person who has dealt with the college racket and understands how to navigate all the red tape. It is one more example of the hurdles that low income must overcome that others with moderate or higher incomes do not.

And loans? The cost of college is absolutely ridiculous! Sure there are some grants and state scholarships, like in Georgia, we have the HOPE scholarship. But HOPE does not cover fees or books, and the colleges have figured out that fees are another source of revenue. You can try a cheaper community college, but many areas don't have those available in commuting distances. And the idea of working your way through college disappeared a long time ago. It's not a realistic expectation.

There are exceptions. But they are truly exceptions, not to be held up as a standard.

College is a racket. The entire education system is stacked against people with low income, and that includes the majority of black Americans.

Plus, black students for example, are often accepted into university over whites and Asians who have better grades and S.A.T. scores. Someone, somewhere, decided that there were too many Asians in university, and that needed some remedying. All in the name of inclusivity and diversity, of course. By the way, Asians are a minoritiy too here in the states; they seem to be doing just fine, thriving even. Does punishing them for that seem reasonable to you?
    I am acutely aware of the issues that Asians face. They certainly have their own discriminations against them! That does not negate the difficulties that blacks have. In fact, if the systemic injustices against blacks were acknowledged and addressed, then that would also help the problems that Asians face.

In 2016 a study was done at Harvard that showed no significant statistical difference regarding the use of excessive force (including officer shootings) between whites and blacks (when confronted with police).
    What I know is what I see. I see police humiliating black people. I see black people refusing to call the police because they are afraid that whatever crime had been committed on them would pale in comparison to what the police would do. I see white people being given the benefit of the doubt, but black people are automatically assumed guilty. I see this in the actions of friends and families and people I've worked with. I've seen both sides. The systemic insistence of holding down black people exists. It needs to be confronted.

As far as business and industry goes, there are all sorts of affirmative action policies in place here in the US, mandating that minorities either get jobs they aren't necessarily qualified for, or at the very least granted interviews they otherwise would not have gotten unless they were black or brown. I'm not in favor of affirmative action. We need to address the systemic problems that keep people down. Affirmative action is not the answer.

How do those things favor people with white skin? Where's the systemic injustice? The difference is shown in things like when a white woman hands the cashier coupons vs when a black woman does it. It's shown when black person is stopped on a street, but a white person doing the same thing is allowed to walk by. It's shown when a group of black kids go to a park vs when a group of white kids. They may be doing the same things, but the people of color are treated differently.

Also, much of the systemic injustice is against people who don't have the money to fight it. This includes people of all colors, but the majority of blacks are low income and hence they are disproportionately affected compared to whites.

And when you use the word "equality", what exactly do you mean by that? Are you advocating for equality of outcome or equality of opportunity? How about equality of treatment.
    Now that I've said all that, let me be clear: The issue is not white vs black!

Neither is it any color vs another color! The problem is that a system of injustice has been set up, and it needs to be brought down.

The whole concept of All Lives Matter or Blue Lives Matter is a distraction, a push-back against recognizing that a problem exists.

There are entities that are trying to manipulate the dialogue. Is the answer to push back against it and go the other direction? No.

The people that are controlling the media want division. So of course the leftist Democrat agenda-driven media is going to stir things up and try to capitalize as much as they can. And the right-leaning Republican agenda-driven FOX news will push back and try to show how wrong the other side is, so they can gain power. But understand that the problem will not be solved by jumping to the other side of the conversation. On the contrary, it only perpetuates the problem.

Get off the merry-go-round, folks. Instead of engaging in a back-and-forth fight, listen to the people who have been hurt. Dialogue with them. Accept that the injustices against them exist and work with them to correct that.

Once that's done, you've created unity and healing, and together you are both more prepared to tackle the next injustice. What injustice will you choose to correct then?

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

AutumnW (11th June 2020), Forest Denizen (11th June 2020), Franny (11th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Gracy (11th June 2020), Mare (11th June 2020), RunningDeer (11th June 2020), Tintin (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020), Wind (11th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

ClearWater (11th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (11th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), happyuk (11th June 2020), Hym (12th June 2020), Mike (11th June 2020), Tintin (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 times in 450 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

RunningDeer, I love you, but with all due respect, this is a red herring.

The movement is #BlackLivesMatter, it isn’t, #ThisIsTrump’sFault.

This is NOT a right vs. left issue.

There have been many Republicans as well as democrats protesting here where I am in Los Angeles.

I could easily turn around what you posted, above, and conflate it to indicate that nobody who is for Trump feels the #BlackLivesMatter movement is a just cause. I don’t believe that’s true.
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

alh02 (25th June 2020), ClearWater (11th June 2020), Franny (14th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Kryztian (12th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (11th June 2020), Tam (12th June 2020), Tintin (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,009 times in 8,167 posts

There's going to be a counter "All lives matter" too.

Sibel Edmunds, bless her heart, is doing her best to head off at least a couple of fresh waves of this madness. The Hispanic and the Muslim waves.

Sibel Edmonds: Resist the Coup. “They’re bringing in New Riot Fronts.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Franny (14th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), gini (12th June 2020), Kryztian (12th June 2020), Tintin (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,187 times in 4,071 posts

The disconnect in the press, they're not reporting the violence. This thing about taking a knee... I believe we are all equal under god so why should I? Feels especially wrong to kneel to an intimidating force

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Tintin (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

21. Link to Post #51
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Im tempted to say "Get over it" everyone has a cross to bear.
    But I wont as many feel justifiably hurt.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Deux Corbeaux (11th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Tintin (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Ken (here)
    Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

RunningDeer, I love you, but with all due respect, this is a red herring.

The movement is #BlackLivesMatter, it isn’t, #ThisIsTrump’sFault.

This is NOT a right vs. left issue.

There have been many Republicans as well as democrats protesting here where I am in Los Angeles.

I could easily turn around what you posted, above, and conflate it to indicate that nobody who is for Trump feels the #BlackLivesMatter movement is a just cause. I don’t believe that’s true.
    Ken, your post is for gemma13. I highlighted the reason for my post: "Oops if this pic can't be shrunk MODS please delete". I assist when a member has trouble with a graphic. (if I happen to catch it)

Love back,
    Paula

PS You are welcome to make corrections and delete my post.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 11th June 2020 at 19:39.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Forest Denizen (11th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (11th June 2020), Tintin (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Blue(police) lives Matter as well!

Those that uphold the law are being attacked! Dont think this recent video is going to do much for race relations, apparently a fake call was made and then they attacked the officer.

The home secretary and the Police Federation have condemned a video which shows an officer on the ground apparently being kicked.

Video circulating on social media shows an officer struggling with a man in Frampton Park Road in Hackney, north London.

The footage was branded "sickening" by Priti Patel, while the federation said: "We are not society's punch bags."

Four people have since been arrested on suspicion of assault on police.

They include a 13-year-old boy and three men, aged 20, 32 and 34.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53002948

Discusion on this with ex police officer.

Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 11th June 2020 at 21:39.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), happyuk (11th June 2020), Tintin (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    If Trump wanted to do something in response to the nation wide protests, he could start asking judges to review the sentences they issued under mandatory sentencing laws and create a list of people who were sentenced to severely, review the cases and issue thousands of pardons and commutations. It would be way out of character for him but I don't think it would be terribly unpopular.
    In that case you would have to assume that he has some common sense, decency and empathy.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Baby Steps (11th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), greybeard (11th June 2020), Tintin (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    I know you weren't talking to me, but I'd like to address some of these things.

You'll have to give some more specific examples of how the system favors those with white skin.

Education, here in the states, has never been easier for low income minorities. In fact, the poorer you are, the more likely you'll get all the grants and loans you need. Anyone who has ever said they can't afford college is either being willfully dense or they live in a cave.

Actually, this is not exactly the way it works. I am speaking from direct experience here.

First, the entire navigation of the college system is put together in a way that makes it very difficult to navigate for those that have no experience with such a system. This is most people coming from low income backgrounds. They don't have a parent or anyone else experienced to help them navigate the ridiculous amount of work that needs to be done, most of which needs a computer--not a phone--to accomplish, which for many people of low income means that you need to find someone or go to the library.

The response I usually here is something along the line of--go to the library, go to the school counselor, go to the non-profit in your city. This response typically comes from the white person sitting at home behind their own computer, the person who has dealt with the college racket and understands how to navigate all the red tape. It is one more example of the hurdles that low income must overcome that others with moderate or higher incomes do not.

And loans? The cost of college is absolutely ridiculous! Sure there are some grants and state scholarships, like in Georgia, we have the HOPE scholarship. But HOPE does not cover fees or books, and the colleges have figured out that fees are another source of revenue. You can try a cheaper community college, but many areas don't have those available in commuting distances. And the idea of working your way through college disappeared a long time ago. It's not a realistic expectation.

There are exceptions. But they are truly exceptions, not to be held up as a standard.

College is a racket. The entire education system is stacked against people with low income, and that includes the majority of black Americans.

Plus, black students for example, are often accepted into university over whites and Asians who have better grades and S.A.T. scores. Someone, somewhere, decided that there were too many Asians in university, and that needed some remedying. All in the name of inclusivity and diversity, of course. By the way, Asians are a minoritiy too here in the states; they seem to be doing just fine, thriving even. Does punishing them for that seem reasonable to you?
    I am acutely aware of the issues that Asians face. They certainly have their own discriminations against them! That does not negate the difficulties that blacks have. In fact, if the systemic injustices against blacks were acknowledged and addressed, then that would also help the problems that Asians face.

In 2016 a study was done at Harvard that showed no significant statistical difference regarding the use of excessive force (including officer shootings) between whites and blacks (when confronted with police).
    What I know is what I see. I see police humiliating black people. I see black people refusing to call the police because they are afraid that whatever crime had been committed on them would pale in comparison to what the police would do. I see white people being given the benefit of the doubt, but black people are automatically assumed guilty. I see this in the actions of friends and families and people I've worked with. I've seen both sides. The systemic insistence of holding down black people exists. It needs to be confronted.

As far as business and industry goes, there are all sorts of affirmative action policies in place here in the US, mandating that minorities either get jobs they aren't necessarily qualified for, or at the very least granted interviews they otherwise would not have gotten unless they were black or brown. I'm not in favor of affirmative action. We need to address the systemic problems that keep people down. Affirmative action is not the answer.

How do those things favor people with white skin? Where's the systemic injustice? The difference is shown in things like when a white woman hands the cashier coupons vs when a black woman does it. It's shown when black person is stopped on a street, but a white person doing the same thing is allowed to walk by. It's shown when a group of black kids go to a park vs when a group of white kids. They may be doing the same things, but the people of color are treated differently.

Also, much of the systemic injustice is against people who don't have the money to fight it. This includes people of all colors, but the majority of blacks are low income and hence they are disproportionately affected compared to whites.

And when you use the word "equality", what exactly do you mean by that? Are you advocating for equality of outcome or equality of opportunity? How about equality of treatment.
    Now that I've said all that, let me be clear: The issue is not white vs black!

Neither is it any color vs another color! The problem is that a system of injustice has been set up, and it needs to be brought down.

The whole concept of All Lives Matter or Blue Lives Matter is a distraction, a push-back against recognizing that a problem exists.

There are entities that are trying to manipulate the dialogue. Is the answer to push back against it and go the other direction? No.

The people that are controlling the media want division. So of course the leftist Democrat agenda-driven media is going to stir things up and try to capitalize as much as they can. And the right-leaning Republican agenda-driven FOX news will push back and try to show how wrong the other side is, so they can gain power. But understand that the problem will not be solved by jumping to the other side of the conversation. On the contrary, it only perpetuates the problem.

Get off the merry-go-round, folks. Instead of engaging in a back-and-forth fight, listen to the people who have been hurt. Dialogue with them. Accept that the injustices against them exist and work with them to correct that.

Once that's done, you've created unity and healing, and together you are both more prepared to tackle the next injustice. What injustice will you choose to correct then?

When I went to college in my early 20's (I've had several stabs at it), not only did I get money for tuition and books, but also an xtra $2500 per semester. Pocket money. If you exploit all your opportunities as far as grants and loans go, you make out just fine. More than fine. At the time I was working as a manager at a storage facility and making decent cash(by my standards, at the time). And I still had all my needs met and then some (by the loans and grants). If I had been less well off, I would have gotten even more money

Every semester kids would line up and do this. It was the oldest trick in the book! You register for classes, fill out all the requisite paperwork, attend class for 6 weeks, get your cash, then split. Quick money. Many students did it for that exact reason. Didn't care about class.

I was one of those kids who didn't have a computer by the way. While registering I sat in an obnoxious line and waited an eternity to get on one. And when I did, it was frustrating and annoying, but there were admin floating around to help. It wasn't easy, but if you can't at least get yourself to a computer somehow and wade thru some red tape, you have no business being a student in the first place.

College loans are a racket. You'll get no disagreement from me there. But that wasn't my point. My point was: if you really want to go to college, you can, regardless of race or income status. I don't know anyone, white or black, that doesn't have some student loan debt.

Moving on...
    What you see is police humiliating black people because that's what the media shows you. Do you see it on your street corner too? No. The statistics are much more reliable and objective than the media hysteria. There are something like 25 million black men in the US, and roughly 10 die a year from police shootings. And I'm willing to give the police the benefit of the doubt in at least half of those. But even if you don't, it doesn't represent anything even remotely alarming. It would be my hope that zero people would die from police shootings, but policing is often a difficult and messy business.

If only it were so easy to "accept injustices exist" and then have peace and unity. That didn't work so well for that Minnesota mayor, did it? The problem is, there will never be enough of accepting injustices to placate the mob. Never enough kneeling. Never enough grovelling. Never enough allyship. BLM has set themselves up as the Christ figure; you first have to go thru them for absolution...to be forgiven for the "original sin" of slavery. And to do that, you have to accept their narrative 150%. Anything less is unacceptable. Anything less and "you're part of the problem". Have you been listening to what they've been saying? Have you been observing their actions? Have you read the disturbing crap they write on their website?

And up till now, I still haven't seen anyone explain coherently what those injustices are exactly. Your examples are vague and generic. Show me some evidence please. What you offered are just cliched, media talking points

Please list all the systemic injustices against blacks. Show me the laws that discriminate against blacks, specifically. "Systemic racism" is such an abstract, vague and foggy notion that is doesn't really mean anything to me unless I know exactly what you're talking about.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

atman (1st September 2020), AutumnW (12th June 2020), Constance (11th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (11th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Tintin (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #56
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

"Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 429 civilians having been shot, 88 of whom were Black, as of June 4, 2020. In 2018, there were 996 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 this figure increased to 1,004. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 30 fatal shootings per million of the population as of June 2020."

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Mike (11th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 times in 5,692 posts

"Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 429 civilians having been shot, 88 of whom were Black, as of June 4, 2020. In 2018, there were 996 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 this figure increased to 1,004. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 30 fatal shootings per million of the population as of June 2020."

well that's what i get for quoting a youtube video without doing the research.

so, a little over 200 black people die a year as the result of police shootings. Not sure how many of them are men. A great percentage, I would guess.

still, i don't think it's too alarming when viewed against hispanics, 'others' and whites

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

35. Link to Post #58
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

Could it be, and to give the current trend the benefit of the doubt, because of institutionally instigated economic hardship, that blacks resort to crime in larger percentages than other groups?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020)

37. Link to Post #59
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

well that's what i get for quoting a youtube video without doing the research.

so, a little over 200 black people die a year as the result of police shootings. Not sure how many of them are men. A great percentage, I would guess.

still, i don't think it's too alarming when viewed against hispanics, 'others' and whites
    Naughty Mike, Naughty! NO BiSCUIT!

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020)

39. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

“Black lives matter” is an idea whose time has come, and that wants to finalize what the civil rights movement started.
    There is no denying that there is real frustration out there.
    So anyone who comes back with “ALL lives matter” is then attempting to deflect from the deeper issue.

And the issue is not really to do with how many blacks are killed by police; it has much more to do with the constant harassment, down to the most subtle hints, that cause black people grief.

Unfortunately what happens is that the elite hijack this frustration purely to stir up mischief, and it is not clear if the subsequent dialogue can ever bring about a better understanding between the affected cultural groups.

The basis building block of society is an individual, and the ideal is a person who can blend into groups without giving up their sense of individuality. I’ve known a lot of black people who have been successful doing this, having lived in the West Indies.
    But there they form a majority, so perhaps it is easier than in the US.

The problem with the US is the privatized prisons, owned by aggressive corporations, who will go as far as interfering with black youngsters to provoke them to get into a life of criminality, just to keep their prisons full and taxpayer moneys flowing in.

So there is this massive outside interference with black culture, from the powers that be, and they succeed by this lumping of people into groups.

And black society is still more prone to falling prey to this programming, since only a few generations ago their ancestors lived in tribal communities, while white western society gave up tribal grouping centuries ago, when their rulers insisted on nationhood.

So in a way whites got a head start towards becoming individuals, when compared to the tribal fraternity among blacks.

And now the latest push from the elite, via the mainstream media as well as academia, is to destroy all identity, especially directed at young whites, or Caucasians, as black islanders refer to whites. Keep pushing for consensus.

The only answer in my view is to introduce in earliest education those ideas that are spiritual, such as reincarnation, and that the individual soul has a choice to come to this incredibly diverse planet, pick a family, pick a culture, and hopefully learn about the interconnectedness of life, without giving up their sense of being an individual spark in an infinite creation.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Catsquotl (13th June 2020), ClearWater (12th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (19th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020), Wind (12th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 3 8 LastLast