Thread: All Lives Matter

1. Link to Post #61
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: All Lives Matter

In order to transcend all the duality that exists around All Lives Matter vs Black Lives Matter and all the dross contained within that false state of reality, I would infinitely prefer to say, "Honour all beings".

And this is because when we honour all beings, we are honouring the spiritual first. When we honour the spiritual, or the 'spirit-in-u-all' first, we are also honouring the infinite, spiritual, multidimensional, cosmic, universal nature of our beings. When the spiritual does not come first, we are not honouring who we truly are.

Last edited by Constance; 12th June 2020 at 00:47.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), ClearWater (12th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (12th June 2020), Forest Denizen (12th June 2020), Franny (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Harmony (12th June 2020), Kryztian (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Orph (12th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (12th June 2020), Tigger (12th June 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (12th June 2020), Valerie Villars (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #62
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

But Constance, We DO have to honor duality, as we are meat stuck inside skin bags of one color or another, at least until we die. We don't have to transcend that, we have to learn to live through it, while honoring the dignity and right to life and equal treatment, (particularly under the law,)of all others.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

alh02 (25th June 2020), ClearWater (12th June 2020), Constance (12th June 2020), Forest Denizen (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Harmony (12th June 2020), Kryztian (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Valerie Villars (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #63
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Autumn, we can see things for what they truly are, but we don't have to entertain all the varying degrees of insanity. We can be of the world, rather than in it.

We can either be addressing all the false states of reality, (and it is a bottomless pit!) or we can transcend them.
    Last edited by Constance; 12th June 2020 at 00:52.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), ClearWater (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Harmony (12th June 2020), Hym (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #64
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Autumn, when you say we must honor our 'meat sticks', could acknowledge our bodies be a better description?

To honor is to hold up, or uphold, to exalt. The body does that on its own, as does spirit. The difference is that spirit seems to be a different reality somewhat removed from our everyday experience.

And so life seems to be about the body, since the spirit is immune to death.

If we honor the body, in the sense intended above, it would require an over-compensation.

To honor spirit is to honor life, and the body. The same cannot be said of the reverse, in our world at least.imho

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), ClearWater (12th June 2020), Constance (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Harmony (12th June 2020), Hym (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Sadieblue (12th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (12th June 2020), Valerie Villars (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #65
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I hear you, Constance and I am sure you are doing that and doing it well. Maybe you have reached a stage of spirtual maturity that many others haven't. Maybe you have already gone through it, rather than just over it.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Autumn, when you say we must honor our 'meat sticks', could acknowledge our bodies be a better description?

To honor is to hold up, or uphold, to exalt. The body does that on its own, as does spirit. The difference is that spirit seems to be a different reality somewhat removed from our everyday experience.

And so life seems to be about the body, since the spirit is immune to death.

If we honor the body, in the sense intended above, it would require an over-compensation.

To honor spirit is to honor life, and the body. The same cannot be said of the reverse, in our world at least.imho
    Sure, acknowledge is a better word. But can we still call it a meat bag? I mean have you looked at yourself naked in front of a full length mirror lately. Shudder. I have.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Constance (12th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (12th June 2020), Forest Denizen (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Harmony (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    I know you weren't talking to me, but I'd like to address some of these things.
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    This is something I wrote in a group on FB...."I hear a lot of spiritual people saying... I see no color, or there is no race in 5d. And while it is true that we are absolutely all equal in spirit and many of us have incarnated as many races, that does not mean that our experiences in the physical realm are equal. Our brothers and sisters of color deal with a level of racism everyday that is difficult if not impossible to understand if we are born into white skin. By using statements like all lives matter, or I see no color, we are brushing over and invalidating the suffering that our brothers and sisters of color experience through participation in a system that inherently favors white skin. Now of course everyone suffers and everyone has huge hurdles to deal with in this dense reality, but that is not the point. Right now a very specific problem is being highlighted and in order to create change that brings us closer to equality we need to first acknowledge it is happening, it is real. By acknowledging difference in experience we are not adding to division and separation, rather we are taking steps toward healing. No one should be dying or experiencing injustices because of the color of their skin..but they are. This sickening truth is not ok. This needs to stop immediately and only through big numbers standing up and saying no will we have any hope of change. Recent events have brought this to the attention of our collective awareness. We could choose to focus on what agenda is being played out behind the scenes, on all the ways other people, or ourselves might suffer, or we can use this as an opportunity to tackle injustices as they surface and take steps towards building a society that is truly equal. Right now it is Black Lives Matter ❤."

And as I mentioned, of course there will be some agendas playing out, but that does not mean that an extremely real problem isn't being highlighted and that through raised awareness positive change can come.

Here is a good example ...In Australia Aboriginal people represent less than 3% of the population and yet represent 25% of the prison population. Until recently this was rarely discussed. Now it is in public awareness. It has been shown that a white person is 4x more likely to get off with a warning when caught with canabis than a person of color.

If we just focus on All lives matter how will this racism that is deeply entrenched in the system get the attention it needs.
    Because of BLM these things are finally being addressed.
    Right now the court system is looking at working with community elders to find better ways to address legal matters in indegenous communities. This is sooo needed.

You'll have to give some more specific examples of how the system favors those with white skin.

Education, here in the states, has never been easier for low income minorities. In fact, the poorer you are, the more likely you'll get all the grants and loans you need. Anyone who has ever said they can't afford college is either being willfully dense or they live in a cave.

Actually, this is not exactly the way it works. I am speaking from direct experience here.

First, the entire navigation of the college system is put together in a way that makes it very difficult to navigate for those that have no experience with such a system. This is most people coming from low income backgrounds. They don't have a parent or anyone else experienced to help them navigate the ridiculous amount of work that needs to be done, most of which needs a computer--not a phone--to accomplish, which for many people of low income means that you need to find someone or go to the library.

The response I usually here is something along the line of--go to the library, go to the school counselor, go to the non-profit in your city. This response typically comes from the white person sitting at home behind their own computer, the person who has dealt with the college racket and understands how to navigate all the red tape. It is one more example of the hurdles that low income must overcome that others with moderate or higher incomes do not.

And loans? The cost of college is absolutely ridiculous! Sure there are some grants and state scholarships, like in Georgia, we have the HOPE scholarship. But HOPE does not cover fees or books, and the colleges have figured out that fees are another source of revenue. You can try a cheaper community college, but many areas don't have those available in commuting distances. And the idea of working your way through college disappeared a long time ago. It's not a realistic expectation.

There are exceptions. But they are truly exceptions, not to be held up as a standard.

College is a racket. The entire education system is stacked against people with low income, and that includes the majority of black Americans.

Plus, black students for example, are often accepted into university over whites and Asians who have better grades and S.A.T. scores. Someone, somewhere, decided that there were too many Asians in university, and that needed some remedying. All in the name of inclusivity and diversity, of course. By the way, Asians are a minoritiy too here in the states; they seem to be doing just fine, thriving even. Does punishing them for that seem reasonable to you?
    I am acutely aware of the issues that Asians face. They certainly have their own discriminations against them! That does not negate the difficulties that blacks have. In fact, if the systemic injustices against blacks were acknowledged and addressed, then that would also help the problems that Asians face.

In 2016 a study was done at Harvard that showed no significant statistical difference regarding the use of excessive force (including officer shootings) between whites and blacks (when confronted with police).
    What I know is what I see. I see police humiliating black people. I see black people refusing to call the police because they are afraid that whatever crime had been committed on them would pale in comparison to what the police would do. I see white people being given the benefit of the doubt, but black people are automatically assumed guilty. I see this in the actions of friends and families and people I've worked with. I've seen both sides. The systemic insistence of holding down black people exists. It needs to be confronted.

As far as business and industry goes, there are all sorts of affirmative action policies in place here in the US, mandating that minorities either get jobs they aren't necessarily qualified for, or at the very least granted interviews they otherwise would not have gotten unless they were black or brown. I'm not in favor of affirmative action. We need to address the systemic problems that keep people down. Affirmative action is not the answer.

How do those things favor people with white skin? Where's the systemic injustice? The difference is shown in things like when a white woman hands the cashier coupons vs when a black woman does it. It's shown when black person is stopped on a street, but a white person doing the same thing is allowed to walk by. It's shown when a group of black kids go to a park vs when a group of white kids. They may be doing the same things, but the people of color are treated differently.

Also, much of the systemic injustice is against people who don't have the money to fight it. This includes people of all colors, but the majority of blacks are low income and hence they are disproportionately affected compared to whites.

And when you use the word "equality", what exactly do you mean by that? Are you advocating for equality of outcome or equality of opportunity? How about equality of treatment.
    Now that I've said all that, let me be clear: The issue is not white vs black!

Neither is it any color vs another color! The problem is that a system of injustice has been set up, and it needs to be brought down.

The whole concept of All Lives Matter or Blue Lives Matter is a distraction, a push-back against recognizing that a problem exists.

There are entities that are trying to manipulate the dialogue. Is the answer to push back against it and go the other direction? No.

The people that are controlling the media want division. So of course the leftist Democrat agenda-driven media is going to stir things up and try to capitalize as much as they can. And the right-leaning Republican agenda-driven FOX news will push back and try to show how wrong the other side is, so they can gain power. But understand that the problem will not be solved by jumping to the other side of the conversation. On the contrary, it only perpetuates the problem.

Get off the merry-go-round, folks. Instead of engaging in a back-and-forth fight, listen to the people who have been hurt. Dialogue with them. Accept that the injustices against them exist and work with them to correct that.

Once that's done, you've created unity and healing, and together you are both more prepared to tackle the next injustice. What injustice will you choose to correct then?

When I went to college in my early 20's (I've had several stabs at it), not only did I get money for tuition and books, but also an xtra $2500 per semester. Pocket money. If you exploit all your opportunities as far as grants and loans go, you make out just fine. More than fine. At the time I was working as a manager at a storage facility and making decent cash(by my standards, at the time). And I still had all my needs met and then some (by the loans and grants). If I had been less well off, I would have gotten even more money

Every semester kids would line up and do this. It was the oldest trick in the book! You register for classes, fill out all the requisite paperwork, attend class for 6 weeks, get your cash, then split. Quick money. Many students did it for that exact reason. Didn't care about class.

I was one of those kids who didn't have a computer by the way. While registering I sat in an obnoxious line and waited an eternity to get on one. And when I did, it was frustrating and annoying, but there were admin floating around to help. It wasn't easy, but if you can't at least get yourself to a computer somehow and wade thru some red tape, you have no business being a student in the first place.

College loans are a racket. You'll get no disagreement from me there. But that wasn't my point. My point was: if you really want to go to college, you can, regardless of race or income status. I don't know anyone, white or black, that doesn't have some student loan debt.
    I'm not talking about college from 20 years ago or whenever you or I were going through college. I'm talking about right now. I have one kid just out of college, one kid in college, and one kid starting college this fall. I am acutely aware of the college process as it is currently.

Quote Moving on...
    What you see is police humiliating black people because that's what the media shows you. Do you see it on your street corner too? No.
    YES, I DO! I wasn't giving you media hysteria or cliched media talking points. I was giving you personal examples. Things that I have witnessed here in my own hometown:

A mom bringing her kids to the playground and having the cops called on her, and the only difference is that her kids were black.

A cashier arguing with a black woman over her coupons (there wasn't anything wrong with them) while the same cashier would take coupons from a white woman with no problems.

A black college student being stopped and questioned while his white friend, who was walking with him, was not addressed at all.

The police absolutely humiliating a poor, elderly black woman because they were searching for someone. There was no excuse for their behavior! She did nothing to them, not obstruction, nothing! It was horrible. They were totally on a power trip. I've never seen anything like that against an elderly white person.

Quote The statistics are much more reliable and objective than the media hysteria. There are something like 25 million black men in the US, and roughly 10 die a year from police shootings. And I'm willing to give the police the benefit of the doubt in at least half of those. But even if you don't, it doesn't represent anything even remotely alarming. It would be my hope that zero people would die from police shootings, but policing is often a difficult and messy business.

If only it were so easy to "accept injustices exist" and then have peace and unity. That didn't work so well for that Minnesota mayor, did it? The problem is, there will never be enough of accepting injustices to placate the mob. Never enough kneeling. Never enough grovelling. Never enough allyship. BLM has set themselves up as the Christ figure; you first have to go thru them for absolution...to be forgiven for the "original sin" of slavery. And to do that, you have to accept their narrative 150%. Anything less is unacceptable. Anything less and "you're part of the problem". Have you been listening to what they've been saying? Have you been observing their actions? Have you read the disturbing crap they write on their website?

And up till now, I still haven't seen anyone explain coherently what those injustices are exactly. Your examples are vague and generic. Show me some evidence please. What you offered are just cliched, media talking points

Please list all the systemic injustices against blacks. Show me the laws that discriminate against blacks, specifically. "Systemic racism" is such an abstract, vague and foggy notion that is doesn't really mean anything to me unless I know exactly what you're talking about.
    Give you evidence? List the systemic injustices? Where I live, no one even bothers arguing that they don't exist. Only people who are living in their own little bubble, who don't look around at the lives of black people, the lives of other minorities or the lives of the poor, want to argue they don't exist.

My examples are not cliched, media talking points, and there are many, many people who can share similar experiences. Your arguments might as well be about alien encounters. You will not believe if you don't want to believe. You must be open to the possibility that the world works differently than what you were led to believe.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Forest Denizen (12th June 2020), Franny (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Inaiá (12th June 2020), Mare (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Tigger (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #67
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    I hear you, Constance and I am sure you are doing that and doing it well. Maybe you have reached a stage of spirtual maturity that many others haven't. Maybe you have already gone through it, rather than just over it.
    Just to keep a level playing field, I would rather not talk about who, or what I am because this is not about me and where I am at, it is about serving others in living the highest truth. Getting back to what I originally said about infinitely preferring the saying "honour all beings"...

All that I am concerned with in the present moment is how we as individuals and the collective might be able to transcend all the false realities in such a way that is practical, empowering, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, relevant and unconditional.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Billy (12th June 2020), ClearWater (12th June 2020), Franny (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Hym (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #68
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,640 times in 20,812 posts

🌐 Almost 10 Million Views!

🌐 Source
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 12th June 2020 at 13:43.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ClearWater (12th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (12th June 2020), Eva2 (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Hym (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #69
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Quote Sure, acknowledge is a better word. But can we still call it a meat bag? I mean have you looked at yourself naked in front of a full length mirror lately. Shudder. I have.
    Sure I have. I'd post a pic but I wouldn't want to embarrass any old 62 year olds...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,012 times in 8,167 posts

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Billy (12th June 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (12th June 2020), ClearWater (12th June 2020), Eva2 (12th June 2020), Forest Denizen (12th June 2020), Franny (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Hym (12th June 2020), Kryztian (12th June 2020), Mare (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), rgray222 (12th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (12th June 2020), Tigger (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020), Wind (12th June 2020)

21. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    norman... bless you.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Franny (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Hym (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), rgray222 (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #72
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Here's my 2 cents, long as usual, regarding the BLM/ALM debate.

For starters, a lot of the racial issues that are at the core of the BLM statement/movement will never be fully understood by non-Americans. The BLM movement (not the group, the movement) isn't about singling out any race; it's about focusing our attention on one that's been oppressed and abused for 300 years. A good analogy I've heard is this: if you have a broken arm, the doctor won't say, "Well, all your bones are important". They'll say "Let's fix that broken arm".

This is exactly the same thing. The reason why it's worded like that is because, like it or not, the fact of the matter is that, in America, black people have always been treated as less than. That is not up for discussion, it's a fact. Slavery was the tip of the iceberg. And it didn't end with the Slavery Abolition Act of 1833. It continued in pockets well into the 60s. That's 1960s, by the way. A lot of people don't know about that, but it was very real. And it still goes on even today. Then came Jim Crow Laws, and Segregation, and the FBI/Whitehouse-backed vilification of groups like Black Panthers during the civil rights era, who are massively misunderstood to this day, and that's all not even scratching the surface.

Bottom line is, due to a long record of persecution, oppression, and genocide, black people in America are disproportionately poor (and with that comes all the fixings; crime, low education, high incarceration rates, etc), and racism is alive and well, particularly in the lower states. I have been told things since moving to Texas, as a white-looking person, that had me appalled. I have spoken to black friends and coworkers and heard some of the BS they have always had to deal with, on a daily basis, and it's absurd.

Racism is a spectrum, not a club you have to meet strict parameters to be a part of. And in America, the reality is, we are ALL a little bit racist. That's just how it goes. What's important is that we recognize that, and learn to overcome it, to deprogram. I won't go into how and why, here. I would have to write a 10,000 word essay to adequately lay out why, and even then, it would only be introductory.

Now, the world does not revolve around America, nor is America the only nation with a racial inequality issue. Of course, I recognize that.

However, the nuances of our culture and uniquely messed up system/government, and how it actively perpetuates this cycle of injustice, is something one would need to spend years living here to even begin to grasp. Hell, a good half of our own people haven't grasped it yet, it's that engrained. That's why it's called systemic racism. It has always been there, America would not exist without it, and it never went away, it merely evolved.

As I said earlier, racism is a spectrum. People have a really hard time understanding that. I've known some racists in my life. One of the many crazy things about racists, is that very few of them openly admit to being so. Rarely, will one say "Yes, I'm racist. Got a problem with that?"

They genuinely believe they're not. Truly. But they are. They really, really are.

Racism isn't an overnight transformation. It's a highly contagious, progressive disease that spreads asymptomatically and gradually gnaws into your soul, bit by bit until you're slowly consumed by its poison. You don't even notice it, because it's such a quiet, steady accumulation. That's what makes radicalization so damned dangerous. Just look at ISIS, or incels. Textbook examples.

We, as a polarized society, are growing farther and farther apart by the week. Fundamentally, that stratification breeds radicalism. And we're seeing it. Fascism is once again on the rise, and both extremes of the political spectrum are responsible.

Collectively, we tread dangerous waters by normalizing mob mentality and galvanizing against those that, since they are not with us, can only be against us.

But the BLM hashtag, and the protests, are not doing that. They merely point to an issue that is long overdue in being addressed. It sheds light on something that has been kept in a dark corner for far too long.

Of course, there are radicalists on either side hijacking BLM as a weapon of division, rather than an instrument of change. The media is having a field day with it, and corporations are using it as a pedestal to virtue-signal on as a PR stunt. But don't let that distract you, or dismiss the whole thing. Because that would be the exact goal that they want. The fact that they're this focused on it, and that the virus is old news, should be telling in and of itself.

This isn't the first time there have been riots, or the first time a black man was killed in this manner by cops. Eric Garner is another one. He said the words "I can't breathe" 11 times before he died...in 2014. And there have been dozens more. Men, women, children, brutalized and murdered by the police for NO REASON. Or, even if there was due cause, the punishment did not fit the crime. Yet time and time again, it would be a hot topic for 2 weeks, then everyone would forget about it and nothing would be done.

This time, for one reason or another, Americans have had enough. This is the straw to break the camel's back. And unlike the Rodney King era, we now have the power of social media and smart phones to keep the cops accountable. They can't hide anymore. They can't sweep brutality under the rug. We all have cameras, and we're all recording.

The world is watching.

Don't let them divide you. Don't let the race issue get dismissed. Don't let the protestors get demonized as Malcolm X or the Black Panthers were. Remember: every last positive change to come to America and her people, was due to insurrection.

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Billy (12th June 2020), Catsquotl (17th June 2020), Forest Denizen (12th June 2020), Franny (12th June 2020), Gracy (12th June 2020), Hym (12th June 2020), Inaiá (12th June 2020), Mark (14th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Orph (12th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th June 2020), Tigger (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020), Wind (12th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #73
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Black Lives Matters is Not the Answer

There will be no opting out of the Black Lives Matter movement. You’re either for BLM or against it—and if you’re against it, you’re a racist. You will either support BLM publicly and enthusiastically, or you will be harassed, shunned, and shamed out of mainstream America. If you dare to speak a word against BLM, you will be targeted, mobbed, and probably fired.

It doesn’t matter what your job or profession might be. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a position of power or prestige—in fact being in a position of power might make you more of a target. The only thing that can protect you from the BLM movement’s punitive rage is loyalty and genuflecting to the cause. Bend the knee, and you might be spared. Then again, you might not.

The list of people who have lost their jobs or been suspended for criticizing or even questioning the BLM movement is long—and growing daily. One of the biggest red flags is how quickly the media is to paint this group in a glowing light and at the same time destroying virtually anyone who speaks out against them.

BLM has lost its way. Their issues have become confusing. They now have thrown their support behind defunding and even abolishing the police. Their lastest charge is to abolish the court system. Current video shows people spray painting BLM logos and name on Seattle walls and storefronts where some members of the movement have taken over a 6 block section of downtown. It is hard for Americans to get behind this type of unlawfulness.

History Has Shown the Way

The baby boomers who drove the success of the civil rights movement want to get behind Black Lives Matter, but the group’s confrontational and divisive tactics make it close to impossible.

Every person in the nation was appalled at the murder of George Floyd. Race and politics did not factor into how people felt about this tragic incident. The anger was real, organic and growing by the day. The power of the spiritual approach would have brought hundreds of thousands if not millions into the streets for a peaceful and powerful marches. People from every walk of life would have participated. We could have moved the legacy that King left behind to new and better heights in a peaceful way.

The protest turned violent almost immediately, BLM and Antifa we out of the gate before people even understood the size and scope of the protest. It had all the hallmarks of a preplanned well organized event. Not a grassroots event that would have started from the bottom up. It was difficult to distinguish legitimate activists from the mob actors who burned and looted. The demonstrations were and are peppered with hate speech, profanity and unfocused anger lashing out in every direction.

Unfortunately, church and spirituality are not high priorities for Black Lives Matter, and the ethics of love, forgiveness, and reconciliation that empowered black leaders such as King and Nelson Mandela in their successful quests to win over their oppressors are missing from this movement.

In Desperate Need of a Unifying Force

The USA and the world are in desperate need of a Black American to take the helm of leadership to focus all the scattered hate and anger in a positive direction. If such a person would step forward they could harness the energy of the country if not the world to manufacture real and lasting change.

If people felt safe it would not take much of an effort to gather a million or even millions of people peacefully protesting. The cornerstones of such protests would have to be nonviolence, spirituality in tandem with religious leaders. A movement such as this would relegate Black Lives Matter, Antifa, looters and rioters to insignificant bit players.

While much of this are my words some of is from:
    Washington Post
    New York Times
    Federalist
    Townhall

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

atman (1st September 2020), Catsquotl (17th June 2020), Eva2 (12th June 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Hym (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th June 2020), Tigger (12th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #74
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

On Instagram (and Twitter) pharaoh_aten, montaga, Hotep Jesus, are just a few of the many young Black men publicly calling out Black Lives Matter as a front for the Democratic Party. Montaga just posted the BLM financial statement, and a list of organizations BLM funnels money to. These men represent an independent Black perspective and movement to empower their communities without compromised ties to the very organizations and people who have oppressed Black communities for generations.

Pharaoh_aten is vocal about the Satanic cabal in US government, as well as pedophia and (yes) alien influence. Montaga (Antoine Tucker) is a political candidate for NYD14. Hotep has been everywhere - from Joe Rogan to Alex Jones.

They are passionate, intelligent and from the communities most impacted by the current situation. I listen to them, and I learn.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

atman (1st September 2020), Gemma13 (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #75
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

https://www.indiantime.net/story/202...cmp/34500.html

And here we have our proud police forces behaving as they do...business as usual. They disgust me. This is very very much a part of RCMP culture. Do you see the other cops pull the abuser off the Chief?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/dashca...late-1.4981010
    Last edited by AutumnW; 12th June 2020 at 04:38.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Constance (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #76
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

RrGrey,

You wrote:

You’re either for BLM or against it—and if you’re against it, you’re a racist. You will either support BLM publicly and enthusiastically, or you will be harassed, shunned, and shamed out of mainstream America.

LOL. That will be very Karmic indeed. Kind of instant Karmic! Nothing teaches like experience, no?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Mike (12th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #77
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 times in 5,692 posts

A good question we might all ask ourselves is this:

When does the left go too far?

We all know when the right goes too far. White nationalism. White supremacy groups. They stand out. They wear swastikas. We can all look at them and say to ourselves, ok, I'm gonna stay away from that dude. Taken to the extreme, we all know where that ideology leads.

But when does the left go too far? We all know racism exists, but just how far will the left go in it's crusade for "equity" before they've gone too far? Equity = equality of outcome; there are many tragic historical precedences for that ideological approach: Stalinist Russia and Mao's China come to mind immediately (If you think I'm being hyperbolic, watch the Evergreen documentary. It's precisely that type of hysteria that causes such things).

But if you are still unmoved by all those millions of deaths in China and the Soviet Union, what then will it take for you to say the left has gone too far? How about all the politically correct witch hunts going on described in rgray222's post? How about our major cities turning into mini failed states? How about the very Orwellian "bias training" being implemented all over the bloody place now? How many more shops need to be smashed up and looted before you say, ok, this has gone too far? How many more people need to get shot in the head, like that police officer in Las Vegas, Shay Mikolonis?

Political correctness is often cited by the left as the right's excuse to exclude those who are traditionally marginalized. There may be some truth to that, but "compassion" is often the left's excuse to seize power.

In your mind, when will what's going on now with BLM and all the protests and demands and witch hunts and looting stop being about equality and start being about power? That's a question for all their supporters: when will you draw the line, exactly?

BLM is a response to racism, of course, but what else is it about? Any thinking person has to ask themselves that question, having witnessed the events over the past 2 weeks. Might it be about power too now? And if so, how much do you reckon is about power and how much is about actual racism, in light of their speech and actions? I strongly suggest everyone keep a keen eye on that moving forward
    Last edited by Mike; 12th June 2020 at 06:31.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

atman (1st September 2020), AutumnW (12th June 2020), celticwarrior (12th June 2020), Constance (12th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (12th June 2020), greybeard (12th June 2020), Ivanhoe (12th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (12th June 2020), Tigger (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

35. Link to Post #78
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,613 times in 344 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    In order to transcend all the duality that exists around All Lives Matter vs Black Lives Matter and all the dross contained within that false state of reality, I would infinitely prefer to say, "Honour all beings".

And this is because when we honour all beings, we are honouring the spiritual first. When we honour the spiritual, or the 'spirit-in-u-all' first, we are also honouring the infinite, spiritual, multidimensional, cosmic, universal nature of our beings. When the spiritual does not come first, we are not honouring who we truly are.

I love this post. Beautiful in it's simplicity and speaks to the spiritual truth that we are all divine beings, regardless of whether we remember that or not.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tigger For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Constance (12th June 2020), greybeard (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

37. Link to Post #79
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,658 times in 8,694 posts

got logged out of netflix....

I saw this splash screen when I logged in....................

Holywood is there to entertain, not advise me on how to live (if that were the case, I'd be looking in the WRONG direction).

I was in shock..... I woke my mom up just to show her.

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    RrGrey,

You wrote:

You’re either for BLM or against it—and if you’re against it, you’re a racist. You will either support BLM publicly and enthusiastically, or you will be harassed, shunned, and shamed out of mainstream America.

LOL. That will be very Karmic indeed. Kind of instant Karmic! Nothing teaches like experience, no?

I'd say he was spot on... in the sense that it is MEANT to be an ultra polarizing topic, very true.

I think the karma is yet to come.... Look at WHERE the riots are happening and where they are not.... this will be relevant soon.
    Last edited by TargeT; 12th June 2020 at 08:31.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (12th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (19th June 2020), gini (13th June 2020), Hym (22nd June 2020), Ivanhoe (15th June 2020), justntime2learn (13th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

39. Link to Post #80
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

The Roman Curie system has used 'Cast' to divide and conquer for a very long time. Because Trump is still trying to drain the swamp these riots are designed to muddy the election waters and keep people in a low density mindset.

The Jesuits created all the isms. In particular Zionism and Nazism (Cabal - children of darkness) to keep humanity stuck in lower density fear mode and thus easier to control. The Machine Kingdom is the planned NWO (Internet, WiFi, Cell Phones, 5G, Nano-Tech & AI)

The Universe was created with positive energy, negative energy can only destroy by nature. If people only understood the concept and purpose of duality then the Cabal could not exist and hence this riot crap

40. The Following User Says Thank You to yelik For This Post:

shaberon (13th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 4 8 LastLast