United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Default Re: All Lives Matter

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    got logged out of netflix....

I saw this splash screen when I logged in....................

Holywood is there to entertain, not advise me on how to live (if that were the case, I'd be looking in the WRONG direction).

I was in shock..... I woke my mom up just to show her.
    It's not just Netflix. It's also Amazon Prime Video. And many other places. But Hollywood is most definitely in the business of telling you how to live, they just try do it in an entertaining way. They don't always succeed.

But I suspect that this is as much capitalism at work as it is politics or any other force. Corporations are forever trying to capitalize on the latest focus. Whatever it is, slap a slogan on it and sell it. I personally think the clothing industry is worse than Hollywood when it comes to this.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Anka (12th June 2020), AutumnW (12th June 2020), Forest Denizen (12th June 2020), Franny (13th June 2020), Ivanhoe (15th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), rgray222 (12th June 2020), TargeT (12th June 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #82
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,626 times in 5,415 posts

Was there slavery in Australia? Yes. It shouldn’t even be up for debate
    June 11, 2020 7.26am BST •Updated June 12, 2020 3.54am BST

Prime Minister Scott Morrison asserted in a radio interview that “there was no slavery in Australia”.

This is a common misunderstanding which often obscures our nation’s history of exploitation of First Nations people and Pacific Islanders.

Morrison followed up with “I’ve always said we’ve got to be honest about our history”. Unfortunately, his statement is at odds with the historical record.

This history was widely and publicly documented, among other sources, in the 2006 Australian Senate report Unfinished Business: Indigenous Stolen Wages.

What is slavery?
    Australia was not a “slave state” like the American South. However, slavery is a broader concept. As Article 1 of the United Nations Slavery Convention says:

Slavery is the status or condition of a person over whom any or all of the powers attaching to the right of ownership are exercised.

These powers might include non-payment of wages, physical or sexual abuse, controls over freedom of movement, or selling a person like a piece of property. In the words of slavery historian Orlando Patterson, slavery is a form of “social death”.

Slavery has been illegal in the (former) British Empire since the Act for the Abolition of the Slave Trade of 1807, and certainly since 1833.

Slavery practices emerged in Australia in the 19th century and in some places endured until the 1950s.

Early coverage of slavery in Australia
    As early as the 1860s, anti-slavery campaigners began to invoke “charges of chattel bondage and slavery” to describe north Australian conditions for Aboriginal labour.

In 1891 a “Slave Map of Modern Australia” was printed in the British Anti-Slavery Reporter, a journal that documented slavery around the world and campaigned against it.

Reprinted from English journalist Arthur Vogan’s account of frontier relations in Queensland, it showed large areas where:

… the traffic in Aboriginal labour, both children and adults, had descended into slavery conditions.

Seeds of slavery in Australia
    Some 62,000 Melanesian people were brought to Australia and enslaved to work in Queensland’s sugar plantations between 1863 and 1904. First Nations Australians had a more enduring experience of slavery, originally in the pearling industry in Western Australia and the Torres Strait and then in the cattle industry.

In the pastoral industry, employers exercised a high degree of control over “their” Aboriginal workers, who were bought and sold as chattels, particularly where they “went with” the property upon sale. There were restrictions on their freedom of choice and movement. There was cruel treatment and abuse, control of sexuality, and forced labour.

A stock worker at Meda Station in the Kimberley, Jimmy Bird, recalled:

"… whitefellas would pull their gun out and kill any Aborigines who stood up to them. And there was none of this taking your time to pull up your boots either. No fear!"

Aboriginal woman Ruby de Satge, who worked on a Queensland station, described the Queensland Protection Act as meaning:

"if you are sitting down minding your own business, a station manager can come up to you and say, “I want a couple of blackfellows” … Just like picking up a cat or a dog."

Through their roles under the legislation, police, Aboriginal protectors and pastoral managers were complicit in this force.

Slavery was sanctioned by Australian law
    Legislation facilitated the enslavement of Aboriginal people across the Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia and Queensland. Under the South Australian Aborigines Act 1911, the government empowered police to “inspect workers and their conditions” but not to uphold basic working conditions or enforce payment. The Aboriginals Ordinance 1918 (Cth) allowed the forced recruitment of Indigenous workers in the Northern Territory, and legalised the non-payment of wages.

In Queensland, the licence system was effectively a blank cheque to recruit Aboriginal people into employment without their consent. Amendments to the Aboriginal Protection and Restriction of the Sale of Opium Act 1897 gave powers to the Protector or police officer to “expend” their wages or invest them in a trust fund – which was never paid out.

Officials were well aware that “slavery” was a public relations problem. The Chief Protector in the Northern Territory noted in 1927 that pastoral workers:
    … are kept in a servitude that is nothing short of slavery.
    In the early 1930s, Chief Protector Dr Cecil Cook pointed out Australia was in breach of its obligations under the League of Nations Slavery Convention.

"… it certainly exists here in its worst form"

Accusations of slavery continued into the 1930s, including through the British Commonwealth League.

In 1932 the North Australian Workers’ Union (NAWU) characterised Aboriginal workers as “slaves”. Unionist Owen Rowe argued:

"...If there is no slavery in the British Empire then the NT is not part of the British Empire; for it certainly exists here in its worst form."

In the 1940s, anthropologists Ronald and Catherine Berndt surveyed conditions on cattle stations owned by Lord Vestey, commenting that Aboriginal people:
    "… owned neither the huts in which they lived nor the land on which these were built, they had no rights of tenure, and in some cases have been sold or transferred with the property."
    In 1958, counsel for the well-known Aboriginal artist Albert Namatjira argued that the Welfare Ordinance 1953 (Cth) was unconstitutional, because the enacting legislation was:

"… a law for the enslavement of part of the population of the Northern Territory."

Profits from slaves
    Australia has unfinished business in repaying wages to Aboriginal and South Sea Islander slaves. First Nations slave work allowed big businesses to reap substantial profits, and helped maintain the Australian economy through the Great Depression. Aboriginal people are proud of their work on stations even though the historical narrative is enshrined in silence and denial.

As Bundjalung woman Valerie Linow has said of her experiences of slavery in the 1950s:
    "What if your wages got stolen? Honestly, wouldn’t you like to have your wages back? Honestly. I think it should be owed to the ones who were slave labour. We got up and worked from dawn to dusk … We lost everything – family, everything. You cannot go stealing our lousy little sixpence. We have got to have money back. You have got to give something back after all this country did to the Aboriginal people. You cannot keep stealing off us."
    UPDATE: This article was updated on June 12 to add detail about the pearling industry.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

AutumnW (12th June 2020), Billy (12th June 2020), Forest Denizen (15th June 2020), Franny (13th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), rgray222 (20th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #83
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    I hear you, Constance and I am sure you are doing that and doing it well. Maybe you have reached a stage of spirtual maturity that many others haven't. Maybe you have already gone through it, rather than just over it.
    Just to keep a level playing field, I would rather not talk about who, or what I am because this is not about me and where I am at, it is about serving others in living the highest truth. Getting back to what I originally said about infinitely preferring the saying "honour all beings"...

All that I am concerned with in the present moment is how we as individuals and the collective might be able to transcend all the false realities in such a way that is practical, empowering, all-encompassing, all-inclusive, relevant and unconditional.
    The way to transcend false realities is to understand them and explain them, to the best of our abilities. We have created a consensus reality that is somewhat exclusive and we are coming to grips with that, currently. In order to do that we have to go through it, not rise above it. We are probably stating the same thing, in different ways. ( I would give you a flower or a sun but I can't access those emojis right now) Sorry

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Billy (12th June 2020), Constance (13th June 2020), Forest Denizen (15th June 2020), Franny (13th June 2020), rgray222 (20th September 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    Was there slavery in Australia? Yes. It shouldn’t even be up for debate
    June 11, 2020 7.26am BST •Updated June 12, 2020 3.54am BST

Prime Minister Scott Morrison asserted in a radio interview that “there was no slavery in Australia”.

This is a common misunderstanding which often obscures our nation’s history of exploitation of First Nations people and Pacific Islanders.

Morrison followed up with “I’ve always said we’ve got to be honest about our history”. Unfortunately, his statement is at odds with the historical record.

This history was widely and publicly documented, among other sources, in the 2006 Australian Senate report Unfinished Business: Indigenous Stolen Wages.

What is slavery?
    Australia was not a “slave state” like the American South. However, slavery is a broader concept. As Article 1 of the United Nations Slavery Convention says:

Slavery is the status or condition of a person over whom any or all of the powers attaching to the right of ownership are exercised.

These powers might include non-payment of wages, physical or sexual abuse, controls over freedom of movement, or selling a person like a piece of property. In the words of slavery historian Orlando Patterson, slavery is a form of “social death”.

Slavery has been illegal in the (former) British Empire since the Act for the Abolition of the Slave Trade of 1807, and certainly since 1833.

Slavery practices emerged in Australia in the 19th century and in some places endured until the 1950s.

Early coverage of slavery in Australia
    As early as the 1860s, anti-slavery campaigners began to invoke “charges of chattel bondage and slavery” to describe north Australian conditions for Aboriginal labour.

In 1891 a “Slave Map of Modern Australia” was printed in the British Anti-Slavery Reporter, a journal that documented slavery around the world and campaigned against it.

Reprinted from English journalist Arthur Vogan’s account of frontier relations in Queensland, it showed large areas where:

… the traffic in Aboriginal labour, both children and adults, had descended into slavery conditions.

Seeds of slavery in Australia
    Some 62,000 Melanesian people were brought to Australia and enslaved to work in Queensland’s sugar plantations between 1863 and 1904. First Nations Australians had a more enduring experience of slavery, originally in the pearling industry in Western Australia and the Torres Strait and then in the cattle industry.

In the pastoral industry, employers exercised a high degree of control over “their” Aboriginal workers, who were bought and sold as chattels, particularly where they “went with” the property upon sale. There were restrictions on their freedom of choice and movement. There was cruel treatment and abuse, control of sexuality, and forced labour.

A stock worker at Meda Station in the Kimberley, Jimmy Bird, recalled:

"… whitefellas would pull their gun out and kill any Aborigines who stood up to them. And there was none of this taking your time to pull up your boots either. No fear!"

Aboriginal woman Ruby de Satge, who worked on a Queensland station, described the Queensland Protection Act as meaning:

"if you are sitting down minding your own business, a station manager can come up to you and say, “I want a couple of blackfellows” … Just like picking up a cat or a dog."

Through their roles under the legislation, police, Aboriginal protectors and pastoral managers were complicit in this force.

Slavery was sanctioned by Australian law
    Legislation facilitated the enslavement of Aboriginal people across the Northern Territory, Western Australia, South Australia and Queensland. Under the South Australian Aborigines Act 1911, the government empowered police to “inspect workers and their conditions” but not to uphold basic working conditions or enforce payment. The Aboriginals Ordinance 1918 (Cth) allowed the forced recruitment of Indigenous workers in the Northern Territory, and legalised the non-payment of wages.

In Queensland, the licence system was effectively a blank cheque to recruit Aboriginal people into employment without their consent. Amendments to the Aboriginal Protection and Restriction of the Sale of Opium Act 1897 gave powers to the Protector or police officer to “expend” their wages or invest them in a trust fund – which was never paid out.

Officials were well aware that “slavery” was a public relations problem. The Chief Protector in the Northern Territory noted in 1927 that pastoral workers:
    … are kept in a servitude that is nothing short of slavery.
    In the early 1930s, Chief Protector Dr Cecil Cook pointed out Australia was in breach of its obligations under the League of Nations Slavery Convention.

"… it certainly exists here in its worst form"

Accusations of slavery continued into the 1930s, including through the British Commonwealth League.

In 1932 the North Australian Workers’ Union (NAWU) characterised Aboriginal workers as “slaves”. Unionist Owen Rowe argued:

"...If there is no slavery in the British Empire then the NT is not part of the British Empire; for it certainly exists here in its worst form."

In the 1940s, anthropologists Ronald and Catherine Berndt surveyed conditions on cattle stations owned by Lord Vestey, commenting that Aboriginal people:
    "… owned neither the huts in which they lived nor the land on which these were built, they had no rights of tenure, and in some cases have been sold or transferred with the property."
    In 1958, counsel for the well-known Aboriginal artist Albert Namatjira argued that the Welfare Ordinance 1953 (Cth) was unconstitutional, because the enacting legislation was:

"… a law for the enslavement of part of the population of the Northern Territory."

Profits from slaves
    Australia has unfinished business in repaying wages to Aboriginal and South Sea Islander slaves. First Nations slave work allowed big businesses to reap substantial profits, and helped maintain the Australian economy through the Great Depression. Aboriginal people are proud of their work on stations even though the historical narrative is enshrined in silence and denial.

As Bundjalung woman Valerie Linow has said of her experiences of slavery in the 1950s:
    "What if your wages got stolen? Honestly, wouldn’t you like to have your wages back? Honestly. I think it should be owed to the ones who were slave labour. We got up and worked from dawn to dusk … We lost everything – family, everything. You cannot go stealing our lousy little sixpence. We have got to have money back. You have got to give something back after all this country did to the Aboriginal people. You cannot keep stealing off us."
    UPDATE: This article was updated on June 12 to add detail about the pearling industry.
    Associating white people with slavery in the world now is like association the Italians with the gladiatal arenas in todays world or the Scandinavians with raping and pillaging now. Its history, we learned the error of our ways and for the most part we have moved on. Some pockets still exist but when they are discovered they will have the full force of the law enacted against them. Unfortunately, much of the rest of the world has not learned these lessons and modern day slavery is a huge problem.

Africa just recorded the highest rate of modern-day enslavement in the world.

Armed conflict, state-sponsored forced labor, and forced marriages were the main causes behind the estimated 9.2 million Africans who live in servitude without the choice to do so, according to the 2018 Global Slavery Index. And despite these practices being widespread, slavery has remained a largely invisible issue, in part, because it disproportionately affects the most marginalized members of society, such as minorities, women, and children.

Slavery was especially prevalent in Eritrea and Mauritania, where slavery has even been, at times, an institutionalized practice. In Eritrea, for instance, the one-party state of president Isaias Afwerki has overseen a notorious national conscription service accused of drafting citizens for an indefinite period, contributing to the wave of refugees fleeing the country. Workers that have claimed that they were forced to work in the nation’s first modern mine are also currently suing the Vancouver-based mining company Nevsun that owns a majority stake in the mine.

The situation is more acute in Mauritania, which has the title of the world’s last country to abolish slavery. For centuries, members of the black Haratin group were caught in a cycle of servitude, with the slave status being inherited. Reports have also shown the existence of government collusion with slave owners who intimidate servants who break free from their masters. A January landmark ruling from the African Union stated Mauritania wasn’t doing enough to prosecute and jail the perpetrators of slavery.

In recent years, serfdom in the continent has attracted global attention after videos showed “slave markets” in Libya where African migrants were being auctioned off in car parks, garages, and as well as public squares. Migration to Libya has also put Nigerian women in the crossfire, with many being sucked into Italy’s dangerous world of sex trafficking. During the World Cup games in Russia, anti-slavery group Alternativa said sex traffickers were also planning to exploit Russia’s lax visa rules for the soccer fanfare to pimp Nigerian women.

The study, conducted in collaboration with Walk Free Foundation and the International Labor Organization, also notes how consumers all over the world are getting products that at some stage were touched by the hands of modern-day slaves. This was especially the case with the G20 nations, who have strong laws and systems against servitude, but who collectively import $354 billion worth of at-risk products annually.

As previous reports have shown, cases of slavery still persist lower down the supply chain in commodity-producing nations like the DR Congo and Cote D’Ivore.

Please go to this link where there are some charts.

https://qz.com/africa/1333946/global...-in-the-world/
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

edina (16th June 2020), Franny (13th June 2020), rgray222 (20th September 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    Quote Posted by norman (here)
    norman... bless you.
    I would disagree with this, I think white power scares most white people and they are vocal against it, people who ascribe to this view in that community will be ostracised. On the other hand very few black people seem to be scared of the antagonism of black power, and if they express that they will be ostracised, Candace Owens a good example of this.

I agree with the handshake though but its not about power its about love.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Eva2 (23rd June 2020), Franny (13th June 2020), rgray222 (20th September 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #86
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Something you darent say is that some African tribes would capture the "enemy tribe" and sell them to the slavers
    And strangely enough some of those those who survived the voyage .lived longer than they would have in Africa.

I read some where, a long time ago, that the African's worst enemy was his educated brother.

There are many sides to every story its not black and white.

Scottish Lairds were in League with the English.
    There was always a fence -- which side were you on Catholic Royalists or Protestant.
    Scots were good soldiers (Cannon Fodder) and tended to be front line in the English Conquests.
    It was that or starve to death.
    The Scots were very tribal and its really not that long ago that the Campbell's slaughtered the MacDonalds in Glencoe
    https://www.britannica.com/event/Massacre-of-Glencoe

Seems various cultures have to go through an evolution and that includes all the horrible stuff.

Chris

Different times -- get over it, move on -- the Scots did.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

alh02 (25th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (12th June 2020), Eva2 (23rd June 2020), Franny (13th June 2020), rgray222 (20th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (22nd June 2020), Tintin (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #87
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Associating white people with slavery in the world now is like association the Italians with the gladiatal arenas in todays world or the Scandinavians with raping and pillaging now. Its history, we learned the error of our ways and for the most part we have moved on. Some pockets still exist but when they are discovered they will have the full force of the law enacted against them. Unfortunately, much of the rest of the world has not learned these lessons and modern day slavery is a huge problem.

There are many forms of slavery like oppression:

From Salon

"Turns out corporations are using non-competes to prevent even these types of employees from moving to newer or better jobs.

America today has the lowest minimum wage in nearly 50 years, adjusted for inflation. As a result, people are often looking for better jobs. But according to the New York Times, about 1 in 5 American workers is now locked in with a non-compete clause in an employment contract.

Before Reaganomics, employers didn’t keep their employees by threatening them with lawsuits; instead, they offered them benefits like insurance, paid vacations and decent wages. Large swaths of American workers could raise a family and have a decent retirement with a basic job ranging from manufacturing to construction to service industry work."

Tom Hartman

https://www.salon.com/2017/07/24/a-2...tland_partner/

And how Canada measures up. (Not well!)

https://www.globalslaveryindex.org/2...tudies/canada/
    Last edited by AutumnW; 12th June 2020 at 19:03.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Franny (13th June 2020), greybeard (12th June 2020), rgray222 (20th September 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Something you darent say is that some African tribes would capture the "enemy tribe" and sell them to the slavers
    And strangely enough some of those those who survived the voyage .lived longer than they would have in Africa.

I read some where, a long time ago, that the African's worst enemy was his educated brother.

There are many sides to every story its not black and white.

Scottish Lairds were in League with the English.
    There was always a fence -- which side were you on Catholic Royalists or Protestant.
    Scots were good soldiers (Cannon Fodder) and tended to be front line in the English Conquests.
    It was that or starve to death.
    The Scots were very tribal and its really not that long ago that the Campbell's slaughtered the MacDonalds in Glencoe
    https://www.britannica.com/event/Massacre-of-Glencoe

Seems various cultures have to go through an evolution and that includes all the horrible stuff.

Chris

Different times -- get over it, move on -- the Scots did.
    Yes and no one talks about the The white Barbary slave trade which refers to slave markets on the Barbary Coast of North Africa, which included the Ottoman provinces of Algeria, Tunisia and Tripolitania and the independent sultanate of Morocco, between the 16th and middle of the 18th century. The Ottoman provinces in North Africa were nominally under Ottoman suzerainty, but in reality they were mostly autonomous.

European slaves were acquired by Barbary pirates in slave raids on ships and by raids on coastal towns from Italy to the Netherlands, Ireland and the Southwest of Britain, as far north as Iceland and into the eastern Mediterranean. It is estimated over a million white slaves were taken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Franny (13th June 2020), greybeard (12th June 2020), rgray222 (20th September 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #89
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (12th June 2020), edina (16th June 2020), Eva2 (12th June 2020), Franny (13th June 2020), greybeard (12th June 2020), justntime2learn (12th June 2020), Satori (15th June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (22nd June 2020), TargeT (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)

There are many forms of slavery like oppression:

From Salon

"Turns out corporations are using non-competes to prevent even these types of employees from moving to newer or better jobs.

America today has the lowest minimum wage in nearly 50 years, adjusted for inflation. As a result, people are often looking for better jobs. But according to the New York Times, about 1 in 5 American workers is now locked in with a non-compete clause in an employment contract.

Before Reaganomics, employers didn’t keep their employees by threatening them with lawsuits; instead, they offered them benefits like insurance, paid vacations and decent wages. Large swaths of American workers could raise a family and have a decent retirement with a basic job ranging from manufacturing to construction to service industry work."

Tom Hartman

https://www.salon.com/2017/07/24/a-2...tland_partner/

And how Canada measures up. (Not well!)

https://www.globalslaveryindex.org/2...tudies/canada/
    Do you really think this is in any way comparable to the actual slavery that is happening in places like Eritrea and North Korea?

Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 12th June 2020 at 20:32.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Eva2 (12th June 2020), Franny (13th June 2020), greybeard (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

21. Link to Post #91
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

the grieving protesters visiting a tampa walmart:

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (13th June 2020), Eva2 (13th June 2020), Franny (13th June 2020), Ivanhoe (15th June 2020), Jad (13th June 2020), justntime2learn (12th June 2020), TargeT (12th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #92
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    But I suspect that this is as much capitalism at work as it is politics or any other force. Corporations are forever trying to capitalize on the latest focus. Whatever it is, slap a slogan on it and sell it. I personally think the clothing industry is worse than Hollywood when it comes to this.
    Welcome to Fascism....
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

alh02 (25th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (12th June 2020), Jad (13th June 2020), justntime2learn (12th June 2020), Mike (12th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,520 times in 4,010 posts

Quote Posted by yelik (here)

The Jesuits created all the isms. In particular Zionism and Nazism (Cabal - children of darkness) to keep humanity stuck in lower density fear mode and thus easier to control. The Machine Kingdom is the planned NWO (Internet, WiFi, Cell Phones, 5G, Nano-Tech & AI)
    Yes, it is like this, in the "intelligence game", they have stolen all the pieces and selectively dished them out.

The main thing they, themselves, are afraid of, is the truth, such as that of the Johannites. I suppose the Jesuits realize they have a house of cards which does nothing without belief, fear, and ignorance of other ways.

These days I don't know the "we" anyone is talking about. Not the "we" that needs to do this or that or think something. It seems to frequently be spoken from within the construct; I am not.

In the old days, black slaves were about $50, but you could get an Irishman for $5.

Where did this situation come from? Well, via Islam. Europeans had no interest or knowledge of sub-Saharan Africa. But they learned all Muslims want to go to Mecca. So some of the seafarers such as Normans put agents in Mecca. One day they met the king of Mali. The man had no shortage of gold. So the Europeans got interested. Then places such as Spain were definitely trying to grab whatever they could for the pope. Spain and the other Europeans were never in a non-warlike condition. Mali and other African places were the same way. To this day, the president of Senegal, for example, says he would kill homosexuals. I am not sure that means "we" need to bomb out his country and teach him a lesson. The reason "we" should not do this is, not necessarily because he is black, but, for one thing, it's none of my business.

I can't really conceive of projecting anything political very far.

Why is it any of my business what goes on in Seattle or Minnesota? I don't have any right to make my neighbors acquiesce to the grit of my will, let alone anyone over there. I can't tell them what to say or think. We can however make up a bunch of imaginary lines and define levels of force that will be used in case of emergency.

No, police should not get away with murder.

The rest is a kind of pied piper birdsong, which will not really gouge the core of the system. Removing the court is not necessary. Rescinding many of the laws it handles, is.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Agape (13th June 2020), fractal being (16th June 2020), justntime2learn (15th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (15th June 2020), Victoria (13th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #94
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Actions always speak louder than words.

The black man seen carrying an injured white man to safety during a chaotic scene at protests in London on Saturday told CNN he did it to avoid catastrophe.

The image of Patrick Hutchinson's selfless act has now spread across the globe. Hutchinson told CNN Sunday it was the first Black Lives Matter protest he attended, and he helped the white man because he didn't want the main reason for the protests to be lost in one moment of violence.

Read more here.

28. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (15th June 2020), atman (1st September 2020), AutumnW (16th June 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (15th June 2020), boja (15th June 2020), ClearWater (15th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), edina (16th June 2020), Ernie Nemeth (15th June 2020), Eva2 (15th June 2020), Forest Denizen (15th June 2020), fractal being (16th June 2020), Franny (15th June 2020), Gracy (15th June 2020), happyuk (15th June 2020), Harmony (15th June 2020), justntime2learn (15th June 2020), Kryztian (15th June 2020), kudzy (16th June 2020), Matthew (15th June 2020), Maunagarjana (18th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (15th June 2020), Satori (15th June 2020), Tintin (22nd June 2020), Yoda (16th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #95
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Actions always speak louder than words.

The black man seen carrying an injured white man to safety during a chaotic scene at protests in London on Saturday told CNN he did it to avoid catastrophe.

The image of Patrick Hutchinson's selfless act has now spread across the globe. Hutchinson told CNN Sunday it was the first Black Lives Matter protest he attended, and he helped the white man because he didn't want the main reason for the protests to be lost in one moment of violence.

Read more here.
    Thanks for sharing that Bill. Seeing this made my energies soar and it filled my heart with gratitude for that soul's great action. To wherever you are Patrick. Thank you from my heart. What a beautiful act of mercy and compassion.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AutumnW (16th June 2020), Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Franny (23rd June 2020), Gracy (16th June 2020), justntime2learn (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), Tintin (22nd June 2020)

31. Link to Post #96
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

There are so many angles to this that I am convinced it is a psi-op.

For starters, we have the free trade agreements that have broken up national interests as increasing influence of foreign nationals has taken hold, fundamentally and indelibly diluting the distinctive qualities of nation states. Much more could be said about this alone.

The movement to homogenize the human race, and thereby foment racial distinctions based on a perceived need to validate and preserve cultural traditions, is a race to the least common denominator that can be applied to all without bias. As cultural traditions fade nations become increasingly irrelevant until they become anachronistic. Only then can a one world government be considered the safe and sure bet to preserve the androgynous nature of the remaining milk-toast culture. A post-modern shade of gray will transform our lives and redefine what it is to be human.

In the name of fundamental human rights the west has adopted its backward cousins into the fold, increasing the blaring cultural differences between segregated hot zones and the mainstream. The newcomers display their frustration through acts of violence while the citizens react with fear and dismay at their insolence.

And here in North America the great experiment has reached its inevitable pinnacle. Buoyed by years of minority-correcting immigration, especially in Canada, the era of virtue signalling and wearing victim-hood as a badge has lead to a place where hate speech has become a buzz word denoting any group's aversion toward another group as long as they're not white, conservative or straight - the old cultural norms society used to be based on.

But it is the new religion of technology that has done the most harm. The pseudo-science that passes as rigid dogma, ridiculing common-sense and hailing counter-intuitive knowledge of theoretical prognostications as tangible products of logicians and equal in status to established protocols of experimental science borders on the insane.

Propaganda abounds in our world. It has attacked the very fabric of our society and threatens to tear it apart in a sudden fit of rage.

Everywhere we look we see the truth being assailed, countered, and obscured.

Yet this destruction of our long held values is not organic, it is not grass roots. It is an organized assault by the very wealthy and targets the radicalized, the naive, the uninformed and the marginalized.

Every sane voice is questioned, and every insane voice is amplified and asserted, shouted from the rooftops as truth.

This is a move by the globalists who know that while America stands, globalism will never succeed. For it is the anathema to liberty, and the death of the idea of the republic that upholds its tenets.

Be prepared for even worse, even more unbelievable things to come.

The psi-op for the control of your mind is just getting started.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th June 2020), ClearWater (19th June 2020), Franny (23rd June 2020), justntime2learn (19th June 2020), Matthew (19th June 2020), Mike (19th June 2020), shaberon (22nd June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (22nd June 2020), TargeT (19th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #97
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

To me ALL lives matter. Like others have said I get the spirit or whatever you want to call it behind the BLM movement but in the statistics for the US more whites have been killed by cops than black. A lot that I keep hearing in the news has happened decades ago, not today. And i might piss some/a lot of people off, but I’m getting sick and tired of hearing BLM.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

I hope that link works....it’s for the years 2017-2020

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Islander12 For This Post:

Eva2 (23rd June 2020), shaberon (22nd June 2020)

35. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,758 times in 2,555 posts

Its amazing to me why the media isn't covering the slaughter of white farmers in South Africa - guess this situation isn't a good fit for where the media is going with presenting "facts".

https://southafricatoday.net/media/s...aCMJY1JjH8yjwU

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

alh02 (25th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (22nd June 2020), Matthew (24th June 2020), shaberon (22nd June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (22nd June 2020)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

On the fourth anniversary of his death, Muhammad Ali’s only biological son says that his father would be against Black Lives Matter, calling the movement “racist” and the protesters “devils.”

The legendary boxer and activist stood up against racism throughout his life, but Muhammad Ali Jr. says his dad would have been sickened by how the protests have turned to violence and looting after the death of George Floyd.

“Don’t bust up s–t, don’t trash the place,” he told The Post. “You can peacefully protest.

‘‘My father would have said, ‘They ain’t nothing but devils.’ My father said, ‘All lives matter.’ I don’t think he’d agree.”

Of the BLM movement, Ali Jr., a Muslim like his father, said: “I think it’s racist.”

“It’s not just black lives matter, white lives matter, Chinese lives matter, all lives matter, everybody’s life matters. God loves everyone — he never singled anyone out. Killing is wrong no matter who it is,” Ali said during an hour-long interview with The Post.

On police brutality, Ali defended law enforcement in general.

“Police don’t wake up and think, ‘I’m going to kill a n—-r today or kill a white man,'” he said. “They’re just trying to make it back home to their family in one piece.

Speaking of Floyd’s killing at the hands of a white Minneapolis police officer, Ali said, “The officer was wrong with killing that person, but people don’t realize there was more footage than what they showed. The guy resisted arrest, the officer was doing his job, but he used the wrong tactic.”

He agrees with President Trump that Antifa fomented violence during the Floyd protests and should be labeled a terrorist organization.

“They’re no different from Muslim terrorists. They should all get what they deserve. They’re f–king up businesses, beating up innocent people in the neighborhood, smashing up police stations and shops. They’re terrorists — they’re terrorizing the community. I agree with the peaceful protests, but the Antifa, they need to kill everyone in that thing.

“Black Lives Matter is not a peaceful protest. Antifa never wanted it peaceful. I would take them all out.”

https://nypost.com/2020/06/20/muhamm...lives-matters/

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (22nd June 2020), Eva2 (22nd June 2020), gini (23rd June 2020), Jake (22nd June 2020), shaberon (22nd June 2020), Sue (Ayt) (22nd June 2020)

39. Link to Post #100
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote I agree with the peaceful protests, but the Antifa, they need to kill everyone in that thing.

Black Lives Matter is not a peaceful protest. Antifa never wanted it peaceful. I would take them all out.
    I think Ali would greatly disagree with his son on this one. He was never a "kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out" kind of guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast