+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast

Thread: Menstruators And People Of Whiteness, Act Now!

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Default Re: Menstruators And People Of Whiteness, Act Now!

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    If the aliens arrived tonight and offered to take me with them, I'd seriously consider going.
    Me too.

Narrative warfare is discussed here 42:19

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), greybeard (16th June 2020), Mike (15th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Reinhard (16th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020), Universoul (16th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,312 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ash-sex-gender

I see this meme like the others to remove history...your a racist...their is no truth....no right no wrong or laws of the universe. Confuse people to the point where they question what seems black/white literal reality. All things are subjective and thus they can be dictated by those in control for their benefit. All things even if it seems crazy and completely nonsensical is up for grabs. As long as they wrap it in the distorted guise of freedom of self expression, acceptance, diversity, Wawwa wawa waw. They can tell you men are women, not that they feel, believe, perceive want to be, but they literally are women! It bothers me that many feel the need to clarify they accept the difference in others or that they are not trans-phobic, because to just question their narrative results in severe social sensor and possible job loss. I'm not implying people don't feel accepting just that we have to say that first even here in order to challenge them is a sign they are that much in control of our lives. They seem to start with things we all agree on like racism and basic sexual identity and preferences. The majority, not the minority accept other races and sexual preferences. They then slowly rap around these ideas distorted ones and if challenged use the original concept that is truth to prove the untruth.

The large institution I work for sent an official memo that we MUST refer to transgender males at work as "she", if we don't we can be fired and that was only the half of it. I'm a mental health worker and there is so much I don't dare even dare write about even on this cite about what is going on with this at my job. So if I don't think as the totalitarian state dictates I cant earn a living. We have seen this many times, unfortunately it still works. We are in an escalation of a war for our minds and the continued control of our world. I never thought a tool of the controllers like Rowling would be one of those to speak out. Go girl go!

Signed
    I menstruate

one of the major tenets of social justice postmoderism is the rejection of objective realities in favor of what they call "subjective narratives". if reality is subjective, then it is malleable, and notions of past present and future don't really apply.

orwell's 1984 says something like this: control the past and you control the present; control the present and you control the future.

(hope i got that right)

that's what we're seeing now: book banning, statue toppling, movie banning, and so on. it's an attempt to erase the past. monuments and art from the past, even if deemed distasteful, are important in helping us to navigate the future. they serve as important placeholders; they indicate the things that did and didn't work.

that way we can look back and say, ya know, marxism didn't work out too well, maybe we should avoid that.

postmoderism does appeal to many because it's true, there are many truths. but what it doesn't acknowledge is that some are truer than others and much more functional and useful. and none usurp objective reality.

if the past is being erased and the present is being f#cked with, and women are being called men and men are being called women, and we're being pressured to accept all sorts of bullsh!t "subjective truths" to the detriment of what's really true, all in the name of inclusivity and diversity and equity - 3 words that now indicate the exact opposite of what they truly mean, in order to fight things that don't even exist (white privilege, white supremacy)...well, we're bound to have a really f#cked society.

it really is orwell's 1984. as a writer, you wouldn't even have to mine this stuff for a book; you could just write exactly what's happening! it parodies itself!

thanks for sharing your experience Savannah. i hope things change for the better at work sometime in the future. keep up the good fight
    Last edited by Mike; 16th June 2020 at 00:50.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), carnavas (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), gini (16th June 2020), gord (16th June 2020), greybeard (16th June 2020), Ivanhoe (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    If the aliens arrived tonight and offered to take me with them, I'd seriously consider going.
    Me too.

Narrative warfare is discussed here 42:19

oh sweet! thanks Delight! i love Daniel. he gives me hope.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), carnavas (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), greybeard (16th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Social Justice Warriors are concerned about topics that are pretty inane and largely irrelevant--victims of affluenza. They have nothing in common with the indigenous, the blacks and the poor battling for equal treatment under the law.

If your only remotely political input is Jordan Peterson, it's like the expression, "to someone with a hammer, everything looks like a nail." He does not address real political inequality, he speaks to white university kids with wealthy parents who can't get their **** together.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Social Justice Warriors are concerned about topics that are pretty inane and largely irrelevant--victims of affluenza. They have nothing in common with the indigenous, the blacks and the poor battling for equal treatment under the law.

If your only remotely political input is Jordan Peterson, it's like the expression, "to someone with a hammer, everything looks like a nail." He does not address real political inequality, he speaks to white university kids with wealthy parents who can't get their **** together.

What does any of this have to do with Jordan Peterson?? Jess, the whole country is being Evergreen'ed at the moment. Social justice is being ushered in en masse. I don't think you have a grasp for things going on in the states, respectfully.

That hypothetical hammer couldn't possibly be big enough, atm, to squash it all.

"White frailty"? "White privilege"? "Diversity, inclusivity, and equity"? I can't leave my bloody bedroom without hearing that being uttered somewhere

Even if, as you say, the SJW's aren't relevant to the current situation, they are hijacking it to further their agenda, rapidly. This whole mess is being used as an excuse to usher in their bullsh!t

note: if you have some time to burn, please watch Bill's video below
    Last edited by Mike; 16th June 2020 at 02:28.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), carnavas (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), gord (16th June 2020), greybeard (16th June 2020), Ivanhoe (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,541 times in 32,788 posts

Jess, the whole country is being Evergreen'ed at the moment.
    The Evergreening of America:

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

carnavas (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Gwin Ru (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Yoda (16th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

I just wrote a whole post basically agreeing with you, mike. Then I lost it in the internet ether! Damn

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    I just wrote a whole post basically agreeing with you, mike. Then I lost it in the internet ether! Damn

well you know the drill then: thank my post and tell me how great i am. i'll be waiting

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), greybeard (16th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Here is the open letter referred to in the chat

https://snooze2awaken.com/2020/06/14...-MZJVWjXQ8hs40

Anonymous Professor from UC Berkeley Obliterates BLM Injustice Narrative in Fabulous Open Letter
    Dear Profs X, Y, Z,

I am one of your colleagues at the University of California, Berkeley. I have met you both personally but do not know you closely, and am contacting you anonymously, with apologies. I am worried that writing this email publicly might lead to me losing my job, and likely all future jobs in my field.

In your recent departmental emails you mentioned our pledge to diversity, but I am increasingly alarmed by the absence of diversity of opinion on the topic of the recent protests and our community response to them.

In the extended links and resources you provided, I could not find a single instance of substantial counter-argument or alternative narrative to explain the under-representation of black individuals in academia or their over-representation in the criminal justice system. The explanation provided in your documentation, to the near exclusion of all others, is univariate: the problems of the black community are caused by whites, or, when whites are not physically present, by the infiltration of white supremacy and white systemic racism into American brains, souls, and institutions.

Many cogent objections to this thesis have been raised by sober voices, including from within the black community itself, such as Thomas Sowell and Wilfred Reilly. These people are not racists or “Uncle Toms.” They are intelligent scholars who reject a narrative that strips black people of agency and systematically externalizes the problems of the black community onto outsiders. Their view is entirely absent from the departmental and UCB-wide communiques.

The claim that the difficulties that the black community faces are entirely causally explained by exogenous factors in the form of white systemic racism, white supremacy, and other forms of white discrimination remains a problematic hypothesis that should be vigorously challenged by historians. Instead, it is being treated as an axiomatic and actionable truth without serious consideration of its profound flaws, or its worrying implication of total black impotence. This hypothesis is transforming our institution and our culture, without any space for dissent outside of a tightly policed, narrow discourse.

A counternarrative exists. If you have time, please consider examining some of the documents I attach at the end of this email. Overwhelmingly, the reasoning provided by BLM and allies is either primarily anecdotal (as in the case with the bulk of Ta-Nehisi Coates’ undeniably moving article) or it is transparently motivated. As an example of the latter problem, consider the proportion of black incarcerated Americans. This proportion is often used to characterize the criminal justice system as anti-black. However, if we use the precise same methodology, we would have to conclude that the criminal justice system is even more anti-male than it is anti-black.

Would we characterize criminal justice as a systemically misandrist conspiracy against innocent American men? I hope you see that this type of reasoning is flawed, and requires a significant suspension of our rational faculties. Black people are not incarcerated at higher rates than their involvement in violent crime would predict. This fact has been demonstrated multiple times across multiple jurisdictions in multiple countries.

And yet, I see my department uncritically reproducing a narrative that diminishes black agency in favor of a white-centric explanation that appeals to the department’s apparent desire to shoulder the “white man’s burden” and to promote a narrative of white guilt.

If we claim that the criminal justice system is white-supremacist, why is it that Asian Americans, Indian Americans, and Nigerian Americans are incarcerated at vastly lower rates than white Americans? This is a funny sort of white supremacy. Even Jewish Americans are incarcerated less than gentile whites. I think it’s fair to say that your average white supremacist disapproves of Jews. And yet, these alleged white supremacists incarcerate gentiles at vastly higher rates than Jews. None of this is addressed in your literature. None of this is explained, beyond hand-waving and ad hominems. “Those are racist dogwhistles.” “The model minority myth is white supremacist.” “Only fascists talk about black-on-black crime,” ad nauseam.

These types of statements do not amount to counterarguments: they are simply arbitrary offensive classifications, intended to silence and oppress discourse. Any serious historian will recognize these for the silencing orthodoxy tactics they are, common to suppressive regimes, doctrines, and religions throughout time and space. They are intended to crush real diversity and permanently exile the culture of robust criticism from our department.

Increasingly, we are being called upon to comply and subscribe to BLM’s problematic view of history, and the department is being presented as unified on the matter. In particular, ethnic minorities are being aggressively marshaled into a single position. Any apparent unity is surely a function of the fact that dissent could almost certainly lead to expulsion or cancellation for those of us in a precarious position, which is no small number.

I personally don’t dare speak out against the BLM narrative, and with this barrage of alleged unity being mass-produced by the administration, tenured professoriat, the UC administration, corporate America, and the media, the punishment for dissent is a clear danger at a time of widespread economic vulnerability. I am certain that if my name were attached to this email, I would lose my job and all future jobs, even though I believe in and can justify every word I type.

The vast majority of violence visited on the black community is committed by black people. There are virtually no marches for these invisible victims, no public silences, no heartfelt letters from the UC regents, deans, and departmental heads. The message is clear: Black lives only matter when whites take them. Black violence is expected and insoluble, while white violence requires explanation and demands solution. Please look into your hearts and see how monstrously bigoted this formulation truly is.

No discussion is permitted for nonblack victims of black violence, who proportionally outnumber black victims of nonblack violence. This is especially bitter in the Bay Area, where Asian victimization by black assailants has reached epidemic proportions, to the point that the SF police chief has advised Asians to stop hanging good-luck charms on their doors, as this attracts the attention of (overwhelmingly black) home invaders. Home invaders like George Floyd. For this actual, lived, physically experienced reality of violence in the USA, there are no marches, no tearful emails from departmental heads, no support from McDonald’s and Wal-Mart. For the History department, our silence is not a mere abrogation of our duty to shed light on the truth: it is a rejection of it.

The claim that black intraracial violence is the product of redlining, slavery, and other injustices is a largely historical claim. It is for historians, therefore, to explain why Japanese internment or the massacre of European Jewry hasn’t led to equivalent rates of dysfunction and low SES performance among Japanese and Jewish Americans respectively. Arab Americans have been viciously demonized since 9/11, as have Chinese Americans more recently. However, both groups outperform white Americans on nearly all SES indices—as do Nigerian Americans, who incidentally have black skin. It is for historians to point out and discuss these anomalies. However, no real discussion is possible in the current climate at our department. The explanation is provided to us, disagreement with it is racist, and the job of historians is to further explore additional ways in which the explanation is additionally correct. This is a mockery of the historical profession.

Most troublingly, our department appears to have been entirely captured by the interests of the Democratic National Convention, and the Democratic Party more broadly. To explain what I mean, consider what happens if you choose to donate to Black Lives Matter, an organization UCB History has explicitly promoted in its recent mailers. All donations to the official BLM website are immediately redirected to ActBlue Charities, an organization primarily concerned with bankrolling election campaigns for Democrat candidates. Donating to BLM today is to indirectly donate to Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign. This is grotesque given the fact that the American cities with the worst rates of black-on-black violence and police-on-black violence are overwhelmingly Democrat-run. Minneapolis itself has been entirely in the hands of Democrats for over five decades; the “systemic racism” there was built by successive Democrat administrations.

The patronizing and condescending attitudes of Democrat leaders towards the black community, exemplified by nearly every Biden statement on the black race, all but guarantee a perpetual state of misery, resentment, poverty, and the attendant grievance politics which are simultaneously annihilating American political discourse and black lives. And yet, donating to BLM is bankrolling the election campaigns of men like Mayor Frey, who saw their cities devolve into violence. This is a grotesque capture of a good-faith movement for necessary police reform, and of our department, by a political party. Even worse, there are virtually no avenues for dissent in academic circles. I refuse to serve the Party, and so should you.

The total alliance of major corporations involved in human exploitation with BLM should be a warning flag to us, and yet this damning evidence goes unnoticed, purposefully ignored, or perversely celebrated. We are the useful idiots of the wealthiest classes, carrying water for Jeff Bezos and other actual, real, modern-day slavers. Starbucks, an organization using literal black slaves in its coffee plantation suppliers, is in favor of BLM. Sony, an organization using cobalt mined by yet more literal black slaves, many of whom are children, is in favor of BLM. And so, apparently, are we. The absence of counter-narrative enables this obscenity. Fiat lux, indeed.

There also exists a large constituency of what can only be called “race hustlers”: hucksters of all colors who benefit from stoking the fires of racial conflict to secure administrative jobs, charity management positions, academic jobs and advancement, or personal political entrepreneurship.

Given the direction our history department appears to be taking far from any commitment to truth, we can regard ourselves as a formative training institution for this brand of snake-oil salespeople. Their activities are corrosive, demolishing any hope at harmonious racial coexistence in our nation and colonizing our political and institutional life. Many of their voices are unironically segregationist.

MLK would likely be called an Uncle Tom if he spoke on our campus today. We are training leaders who intend, explicitly, to destroy one of the only truly successful ethnically diverse societies in modern history. As the PRC, an ethnonationalist and aggressively racially chauvinist national polity with null immigration and no concept of jus solis increasingly presents itself as the global political alternative to the US, I ask you: Is this wise? Are we really doing the right thing?

As a final point, our university and department has made multiple statements celebrating and eulogizing George Floyd. Floyd was a multiple felon who once held a pregnant black woman at gunpoint. He broke into her home with a gang of men and pointed a gun at her pregnant stomach. He terrorized the women in his community. He sired and abandoned multiple children, playing no part in their support or upbringing, failing one of the most basic tests of decency for a human being. He was a drug-addict and sometime drug-dealer, a swindler who preyed upon his honest and hard-working neighbors.

And yet, the regents of UC and the historians of the UCB History department are celebrating this violent criminal, elevating his name to virtual sainthood. A man who hurt women. A man who hurt black women. With the full collaboration of the UCB history department, corporate America, most mainstream media outlets, and some of the wealthiest and most privileged opinion-shaping elites of the USA, he has become a culture hero, buried in a golden casket, his (recognized) family showered with gifts and praise. Americans are being socially pressured into kneeling for this violent, abusive misogynist. A generation of black men are being coerced into identifying with George Floyd, the absolute worst specimen of our race and species.

I’m ashamed of my department. I would say that I’m ashamed of both of you, but perhaps you agree with me, and are simply afraid, as I am, of the backlash of speaking the truth. It’s hard to know what kneeling means, when you have to kneel to keep your job.

It shouldn’t affect the strength of my argument above, but for the record, I write as a person of color. My family have been personally victimized by men like Floyd. We are aware of the condescending depredations of the Democrat party against our race. The humiliating assumption that we are too stupid to do STEM, that we need special help and lower requirements to get ahead in life, is richly familiar to us. I sometimes wonder if it wouldn’t be easier to deal with open fascists, who at least would be straightforward in calling me a subhuman, and who are unlikely to share my race.

The ever-present soft bigotry of low expectations and the permanent claim that the solutions to the plight of my people rest exclusively on the goodwill of whites rather than on our own hard work is psychologically devastating. No other group in America is systematically demoralized in this way by its alleged allies. A whole generation of black children are being taught that only by begging and weeping and screaming will they get handouts from guilt-ridden whites.

No message will more surely devastate their futures, especially if whites run out of guilt, or indeed if America runs out of whites. If this had been done to Japanese Americans, or Jewish Americans, or Chinese Americans, then Chinatown and Japantown would surely be no different to the roughest parts of Baltimore and East St. Louis today. The History department of UCB is now an integral institutional promulgator of a destructive and denigrating fallacy about the black race.

I hope you appreciate the frustration behind this message. I do not support BLM. I do not support the Democrat grievance agenda and the Party’s uncontested capture of our department. I do not support the Party co-opting my race, as Biden recently did in his disturbing interview, claiming that voting Democrat and being black are isomorphic. I condemn the manner of George Floyd’s death and join you in calling for greater police accountability and police reform. However, I will not pretend that George Floyd was anything other than a violent misogynist, a brutal man who met a predictably brutal end.

I also want to protect the practice of history. Cleo is no grovelling handmaiden to politicians and corporations. Like us, she is free.
    And here is the video referred to:

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    The Evergreening of America:

Last edited by Constance; 16th June 2020 at 07:59.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Alan (16th June 2020), Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Delight (16th June 2020), Eva2 (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), greybeard (16th June 2020), Ivanhoe (16th June 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), shaberon (16th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,534 times in 4,011 posts

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    I never thought a tool of the controllers like Rowling would be one of those to speak out. Go girl go!
    There is something about her, which is not a tool, but may convey that appearance.

In ordinary life we may have said "Sir" or "Ma'am" and then a moment later realized we said the wrong one. I have done it, I don't know, only a whole bunch of times. Once I almost spontaneously vomited on a woman. I know I hit her with some kind of hacked out fluid. There was an attempt to say "Ma'am" that utterly failed on some kind of unsanitary revulsion.

Are we compelled to like anything or anyone?

I would say, historically, some of this stuff does have a parallel, Eunuchs. If something is done to pulverize your reproductive apparatus, you are a Eunuch. That is an identity based on a biological fact. Many animals also have a special castrated name. It is a form of culling or modest decline in offspring.

How it could be done at will, for pleasure, is beyond my current understanding.

Can we start a type of class action lawsuit, claiming that emotional buzz words we take as a form of hate speech, are the ones used in the "tables of tolerance"? Like if you say "trans-phobic", I become so confused, I may jump out a fifth-story window?

These are the people that would sanitize Highway to Hell off the radio, because I might get upset about 9/11. What if I really do get upset about some other group of words? I suppose it doesn't matter, since the authorities must be right, I must be wrong. I view menstruation as a sacred act performed by an exclusive club, owing to nature. Then I will be so rude as to attach an extra degree of importance to this group, because I am not one. They can't do it for themselves, that would be arrogant. So I think that a type of male co-operation because he isn't the one that has to carry a child actually is an important aspect. And, sorry, no one can get on that pedestal who can't really do it.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), carnavas (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), gord (16th June 2020), greybeard (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Thanks Con!

I think that's a pretty close to flawless letter. I was applauding the entire way thru.

The only thing that I disagree with is his pointing out George Floyd's past and how it may have some relevance to his tragic death. I get why he wrote it, but it seems unnecessarily insensitive imo. But otherwise, nearly perfect.

I heard this wonderful quote today, and it may even be worthy of its own thread:
    "racial groups can never reconcile, only individuals can."

So obvious, and yet it kinda blew my mind.

Whatever form of reparation is offered from white to black folks, it will never be good enough..because some black people will accept it and some won't.

And on the flip side, an offer of reparations from whites could never be agreed upon unilaterally. Some will approve and some won't.

Thus, an offer from one group of people to another group of people is mostly unproductive.

That's the futility of operating from a position of group identity.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alan (16th June 2020), Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (16th June 2020), carnavas (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), gord (16th June 2020), greybeard (16th June 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I’ve really been on these topics for some time now and can assure you, my country Iran is a very big cradle of this post modern insanity... especially with the youth and with the huge number of immigrants coming from Iran its like they help spread the disease. Maybe it was the geographical position of a country in middle of the middle east that gave way to a let’s-stand-in-the-middle-and-have-it-both-ways mentality but everyone here is either radical trans activist or radical feminist or radical religious or too poor to care. I think it’s rooted in a deep toxic complex and feelings of helplessness(maybe because of a lack of spirituality?I really don’t know) that breeds intolerance toward anything original and pure and great. This intolerance then moves to destroy the originality and purity of anything great instead of trying to work on that complex in the first place. People find personal gain and satisfaction in claiming a high moral standard then doing the exact things they condemned. This certainly is robbery in the mask of moral superiority. And they all behave and act the same no matter the gender race or whatever it’s always that same way of accusing others and doing the same damn thing. Like an advocating vegetarian who eats meat in the privacy of their home. I came to experience that some big Universities of America really contribute and acclaim to this way of thinking. All my friends who immigrated from Iran and graduated from UC Berkley or MIT or elsewhere big are terrifyingly down the road, they are the ones shouting ‘black people have every right to burn down a country they built for free” the loudest. I have lost hope for canada flooded by persian post modern people even more...

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to carnavas For This Post:

Alan (16th June 2020), Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Eva2 (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), Gwin Ru (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,541 times in 32,788 posts

Affirming the fundamental equality of all people is now considered Hate Speech.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Constance (16th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (16th June 2020), Eva2 (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), gord (18th June 2020), Gwin Ru (16th June 2020), Ivanhoe (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020), Sirus (16th June 2020), Yoda (16th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #34
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Seems to me there is a place and time for everything. Affirming the fundamental equality of all people is not hate speech. It is just poor timing.
    Disregarding the fact that this story is spun every which way. Saying all lives matter when riots and protests are in full swing to highlight the fact that blacks are more often on the receiving end of the spectrum is like saying going vegan is the way to go in places where people are dying of hunger or famine. I really cannot wrap my head around the rather selfish karenesque way that at the hight of the Black lives matter protests suddenly a lot of white feel the need to vocalise their own worth under the guise of all lives matter.

With Love

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), fractal being (16th June 2020), loungelizard (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Oxygen (16th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (16th June 2020), Wind (16th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Catsquotl (here)
    Seems to me there is a place and time for everything. Affirming the fundamental equality of all people is not hate speech. It is just poor timing.
    Disregarding the fact that this story is spun every which way. Saying all lives matter when riots and protests are in full swing to highlight the fact that blacks are more often on the receiving end of the spectrum is like saying going vegan is the way to go in places where people are dying of hunger or famine. I really cannot wrap my head around the rather selfish karenesque way that at the hight of the Black lives matter protests suddenly a lot of white feel the need to vocalise their own worth under the guise of all lives matter.

With Love

I understand where you're coming from. I really do.

But 'All Lives Matter' isn't a knee jerk response to 'Black Lives Matter'. In this case it's a thoughtful response to Black Lives Matter going way too far.

Book banning. Historical statue toppling. Movie banning. Extortion. Blackmail. Emotional bullying. Death. Destruction. Cancelling. It's gone way too far.

BLM is hijacking victimhood and acting as if they're the only group of people with a gripe. Meanwhile they're victimizing everyone else with their behavior. See the irony?

They're weaponizing your compassion and using it against you.
    Last edited by Mike; 16th June 2020 at 16:23.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (16th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), gini (16th June 2020), gord (18th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020), Sirus (16th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

With Love

But 'All Lives Matter' isn't a knee jerk response to 'Black Lives Matter'. It's a thoughtful response to Black Lives Matter going way too far.

Book banning. Historical statue toppling. Movie banning. Extortion. Blackmail. Emotional bullying. Death. Destruction. Cancelling. It's gone way too far.

BLM is hijacking victimhood and acting as if they're the only group of people with a gripe. Meanwhile they're victimizing everyone else with their behavior. See the irony?
    So who are we to say Black Lives Matter are taking things to far. We as privileged white folk have enslaved, abused and killed black people for centuries. Even today slavery exists. Now I am well aware that on a personal level things are indefinetly more intricate and nuanced. But I fail to understand why we would expect civilised working through differences and grief after putting an ethnic group through so much. Since Floyd's death 120 black human beings have been killed. The last week 5 have been found hanging from trees due to supposed suicides.

And here we are saying they are overreacting?

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Constance (16th June 2020), fractal being (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by carnavas (here)
    I’ve really been on these topics for some time now and can assure you, my country Iran is a very big cradle of this post modern insanity... especially with the youth and with the huge number of immigrants coming from Iran its like they help spread the disease. Maybe it was the geographical position of a country in middle of the middle east that gave way to a let’s-stand-in-the-middle-and-have-it-both-ways mentality but everyone here is either radical trans activist or radical feminist or radical religious or too poor to care. I think it’s rooted in a deep toxic complex and feelings of helplessness(maybe because of a lack of spirituality?I really don’t know) that breeds intolerance toward anything original and pure and great. This intolerance then moves to destroy the originality and purity of anything great instead of trying to work on that complex in the first place. People find personal gain and satisfaction in claiming a high moral standard then doing the exact things they condemned. This certainly is robbery in the mask of moral superiority. And they all behave and act the same no matter the gender race or whatever it’s always that same way of accusing others and doing the same damn thing. Like an advocating vegetarian who eats meat in the privacy of their home. I came to experience that some big Universities of America really contribute and acclaim to this way of thinking. All my friends who immigrated from Iran and graduated from UC Berkley or MIT or elsewhere big are terrifyingly down the road, they are the ones shouting ‘black people have every right to burn down a country they built for free” the loudest. I have lost hope for canada flooded by persian post modern people even more...

Thanks for sharing that Carnavas! That floored me. Wow, even in Iran.

It's likely my view of Iran is heavily tainted by Amercian propaganda and stereotype, admittedly. But somehow I had the impression that even something like open homosexuality could get you killed there. My rather uninformed opinion was mostly shaped by a small clip in Bill Maher's documentary 'Religulous', where he interviews 2 gay men and they express their fears about being gay in an Islamic environment.

Can you say a little more about all that? For instance, when did all this postmodern social justice stuff arrive in Iran, and where exactly in Iran did it begin? Did it begin in universities, like here in the US?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mike; 16th June 2020 at 16:25.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Alan (16th June 2020), carnavas (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

With Love

But 'All Lives Matter' isn't a knee jerk response to 'Black Lives Matter'. It's a thoughtful response to Black Lives Matter going way too far.

So who are we to say Black Lives Matter are taking things to far. We as privileged white folk have enslaved, abused and killed black people for centuries. Even today slavery exists. Now I am well aware that on a personal level things are indefinetly more intricate and nuanced. But I fail to understand why we would expect civilised working through differences and grief after putting an ethnic group through so much. Since Floyd's death 120 black human beings have been killed. The last week 5 have been found hanging from trees due to supposed suicides.

And here we are saying they are overreacting?

I've never killed or abused or enslaved any black people. I dont know anyone who has. There are laws against that now. Have been for some time. Maybe you've noticed. People who violate them go to prison.

How many of those 120 black people you referenced that have been killed were killed by other black people? Look into that.

Who are we to have a say on whether BLM is going too far? We the people who are on the receiving end of their destruction, extortion, blackmail, book banning, movie banning, defunding, emotional bullying, and killing. That's who.

I see you've bought into the privilege doctrine hook, line and sinker, so I won't even attempt to make a dent there. But what about all the other minorities that are being affected by this? You might wanna check if the Hispanics want the police defunded? Ask the Asians too while you're at it. Oh, I doubt the Native Americans would be too thrilled either.
    Last edited by Mike; 16th June 2020 at 15:57.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (16th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), gini (16th June 2020), greybeard (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Funny how you make this about you. And how you are not personally responsible for enslaving anyone. I never said you were.

As for me being baited by the privilege camp and otherwise uninformed....

Seems you are missing my point and label me into a sheeple position. One that I will leave you to gladly.

I've said what I wanted to say and you have demonstrated my points perfectly..

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

fractal being (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), Oxygen (17th June 2020)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Funny how you make this about you. And how you are not personally responsible for enslaving anyone. I never said you were.

As for me being baited by the privilege camp and otherwise uninformed....

Seems you are missing my point and label me into a sheeple position. One that I will leave you to gladly.

I've said what I wanted to say and you have demonstrated my points perfectly..

Funny how you're not making this about you at all. Should be. If all this SJ postmodern crap is implemented like it appears to be, this will effect you in ways you can't even imagine. Enjoy your social bias "reeducation" classes. Update us all here and let us know how that goes, ok?

I'm guessing your attitude might be a bit different if your small business was molotov cocktail'ed and burnt to the ground, leaving you and your family broke and hungry. Or if you had made an insensitive remark in 1983 and are now permanently cancelled.

The witch hunt is going to come for you too, my friend. Make no mistake. The mob won't care for one moment that you've been a good little ally. In fact, they'll likely treat you even worse, just like they did that Minnesota mayor.

You're sanctimonious and naive. It's easy to play that game when you're holed up in your safe and cozy living room. But watch out, they're coming for you too
    Last edited by Mike; 17th June 2020 at 02:00.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Constance (16th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (16th June 2020), gini (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast