+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: Menstruators And People Of Whiteness, Act Now!

1. Link to Post #41
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Default Re: Menstruators And People Of Whiteness, Act Now!

Had something written here, but in retrospect I'll leave this thread as is.
    Last edited by Catsquotl; 16th June 2020 at 17:44.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), Orobo (17th June 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Something to think about:

This is a statue of Matthias Baldwin, in Philadelphia. It was defaced by protestors, as if they were intent on erasing and trashing all history. And apparently without knowing a thing about history, either.

Matthias Baldwin was an honored abolitionist, a very fine man indeed. Here's the headline of this article:

Vandalism of Philadelphia Abolitionist Statue:
    "He was BLM before there was a slogan"

Baldwin funded schools for black children out of his own pocket, as early as 1835. Yet protesters targeted his memory, too, just like [some of them] smash windows, burn buildings, and loot Target and Walmart.

Why? What's gone wrong here?

I understand that it only takes a few people in a crowd of 10,000 to deface a statue. Yet the violent urge to indiscriminately destroy almost anything at all seems increasingly endemic.

Anyone reading this who lives in America — if you're not concerned at where this is all headed at accelerating speed, it's possible that maybe you should be.

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (17th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Dorjezigzag (16th June 2020), Eva2 (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), gini (16th June 2020), gord (18th June 2020), Harmony (23rd June 2020), kudzy (17th June 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Phoenix1304 (23rd June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020), Sirus (16th June 2020), Yoda (16th June 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

Sorry to jump in. Being the starter of this thread mike, I hope you'll allow me 🙏

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I'm guessing your attitude might be a bit different if your small business was molotov cocktail'ed and burnt to the ground, leaving you and your family broke and hungry.
    All those group you mentioned have been living under those conditions since they remember themselves. They've been living more or less peacefully all this years patiently until you (as a society, not as a person) cared. But guess what, the wealth gap has been increasing for years and at the receiving high end has been majorly white old folks. Now it's the time for those repressed people to show their true power. It's a destructive one indeed, unless we all take our part and focus on what we might have consented with silently that brought us to this unjust world. In that sense 'all lives matter', because we all ought to do our part. But opposing the ones that are fed up and decided to do something about it, doesn't really lead to all lives matter. If you were trapped in poverty and hunger all your life, wouldn't you answer the call and revolt when the opportunity arose? Can't you empathise at least at that level with them?

Quote You're sanctimonious and naive. It's easy to play that game when you're holed up in your safe and cozy living room. But watch out, they're coming for you too
    Projections much 😛 How would you know?

P.S. all the above are just rhetorical questions, you don't need to answer them if you don't feel to.
    Last edited by fractal being; 16th June 2020 at 18:53.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fractal being For This Post:

AutumnW (16th June 2020), Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (17th June 2020), Catsquotl (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

I think that every single one of us desires to be heard, understood and appreciated. We want to be with others who will show that we are "smart, likable and valuable". Such things on this forum as "thank you" button and the "comes around again" upset that people feel when they are seemingly "rejected" for their posts is because it is a "thing". It is a human "thing" to want to be "in"with groups we cherish. No matter how sure we may be we have "reasonably" come to understand something, we still feel good when others we respect validate our POV.

That IMO is 100% TRUE. If there is one person who really does not care about any positive feedback, then I doubt that one is using a communication tool.

Feeling the desire for validation when one has no original solid ground of knowledge and understanding is being in a boat with no oars, sail, motor.... ruddrless and pulled by whatever tides. Group think is a powerful pull and one has to have the equipment to withstand the loss of "face" when seen as "wrong". To feel shunned is to feel incredible pain and loss.

Bullies will be able to shame us ONLY because.....

WE FEEL WRONG already... shame is not what we do but who we "are". That is why we have to love ourselves enough to separate form groupiness thinkishness and the consequent actions taken because "everyone" (the ones you have chosen to be the important ones) expects us to demonstrate the "truth" of the group.

Lisa Renee always has interesting input.

Quote What is Groupthink?

Groupthink refers to a psychological phenomenon in collective consciousness in which individuals desire consensus opinion and approval from others within their community-group, and many times will set aside or abandon personal value systems or beliefs in order to feel like they belong in order to gain the groups acceptance and perceived approval. The internal pressure that is felt as the necessity to be loyal to the groupthink ideology can be perceived as real or imaginary threats. Although we can see in the current strategy of censorship and thought control, there are repercussions which amount to threats, accusations, humiliation and even the loss of job and profession. This happens when a person is outcast from not aligning their speech, thought and behavior exactly to the ideology of the groupthink. This is another form of compelled speech in mind control which is used in authoritarian regimes to stop any intellectual development, intelligent debates, critical thinking and thus persecute and penalize any independent thinker from adding to the groupthink approved conversation. This works to keep the majority of people silent and in submission to the mob rule.

Most people deeply fear being persecuted and ostracized from their group identity, as it is a fundamental human need to feel like we belong to someone or something. This is especially heightened for middle school age children and young adults, as peer pressure is one of the most powerful dynamics a child will face during the most impressionable stages of their personal development. The Controllers and those using ideological subversion mind control content are well aware of the challenges of peer pressure on young adults, and thus tend to target groupthink ideology to radicalize the younger generations by infiltrating their popular youth culture. Lenin’s popular quote about targeting the education of children with social engineering into a communist based ideology demonstrates what is being made visible in the outerscape of western or democratic society today. Examples of targeting the children are seen with the Canadian Prime Minister giving a speech asking parents to leave the room so he can address their children privately, while the World Health Organization cautioned that children may need to be separated from their parents due to the plandemic. Recently, the New York Times ran an article demanding that people should tell their family members they will never see them again until they donate and show their public support for Black Lives Matter. These are intelligence psyop directives taken directly from the Marxist-Lenin playbook for separating families and estranging children from their parents, by rewarding the kids for acting out as useful puppets for the ideological narrative approved by that group or nation-state.

As an ideology in the 20th century only atheistic Communism, with its murder and mass killings in multiple millions, are responsible for more deaths and violence than any religion or political system. This is why this ideology is so popular in the organizations working for the Satanic death cult, it has worked well for securing mass blood sacrifice in the past histories. The following are some basic guidelines for ideological subverters that are working to destroy a culture, nation or identity. Please hold some space for thoughtful reflection on what the consequences of these could be on the minds of children, youth and adults and note how many of these steps are active today, with visible evidence demonstrated in the culture. What I want to make clear is that these were not the events of random evolution chosen by individuals, these were purposely guided as a mind control agenda for spreading harm to the people. This has been followed as a rule book by media, education systems and all forms of social engineering used by subverters to confuse the public, so the Controllers can remain in power and have all the wealth. This propaganda must stop if we want to live as free people in a free society.

The purposeful creation of racial offences and promotion of racism
    Continual change of rules in society to create confusion
    Teaching young children about sex, with advanced sexual positions, fetishes and homosexuality
    Undermining of school and teacher’s authority, dumbing down education
    Promote and saturate huge immigration waves to destroy national identity
    Attack churches and empty them out, remove sources of faith and human connection
    Corrupt the legal system to support predators, with bias against victims of crime
    Promote addiction and excessive use of drugs, alcohol and getting high
    Control entertainment and media to 6th grade levels or lower, dumb down popular media
    Encourage the breakdown of family, poor parenthood skills, single mothers, absent fathers
    Manipulate and steal self-esteem through dependency on the state and encourage victimhood
    Confuse identity and gender with new classification systems, promote nonexistent issues as the main problems in society
    Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.
    ~ Vladimir Lenin
    Last edited by Delight; 16th June 2020 at 19:07.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Alekahn2 (16th June 2020), Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

oh sweet! thanks Delight! i love Daniel. he gives me hope.
    I love Daniel too.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Alekahn2 (16th June 2020), Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    If the aliens arrived tonight and offered to take me with them, I'd seriously consider going.
    Me too.

Narrative warfare is discussed here 42:19

I've only got to 35:15 (so far). But that was my stop-and-stare-out-the-window moment.

Daniel isn't afraid to stop and think for quite a long time (on live video!) when asked a good question. Here, he shares that it took a year to build his house, but he could destroy it in minutes with a wrecker ball, or by setting it on fire.

And it takes 20+ years to grow an adult human, but you can destroy a person in a second.

The point he makes is that the processes (intellectual, emotional and motivational) of creating a complex system and destroying one are totally, totally different.

And to add my own thoughts to that: (though maybe Daniel is going there)

BLM and Antifa (the two being closely related) are both focused on destruction, to a considerable extent. Many other popular movements are, too. And the soundbite news cycles which that destruction generates are so much more dramatic and valued by the propagandist media.

The complex, positive, constructive, creative process is the stuff of theses, documentaries, or books that have taken two years to write — not twitter, slogans on a placard, or graffiti on a statue or someone else's shop window.

That's all so easy, simplistic, intellectually lazy, and limited. Period.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 16th June 2020 at 21:36.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (17th June 2020), Alan (16th June 2020), Alekahn2 (16th June 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (17th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), Gwin Ru (16th June 2020), kudzy (17th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Savannah (17th June 2020), Yoda (16th June 2020)

13. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by carnavas (here)
    I’ve really been on these topics for some time now and can assure you, my country Iran is a very big cradle of this post modern insanity... especially with the youth and with the huge number of immigrants coming from Iran its like they help spread the disease. Maybe it was the geographical position of a country in middle of the middle east that gave way to a let’s-stand-in-the-middle-and-have-it-both-ways mentality but everyone here is either radical trans activist or radical feminist or radical religious or too poor to care. I think it’s rooted in a deep toxic complex and feelings of helplessness(maybe because of a lack of spirituality?I really don’t know) that breeds intolerance toward anything original and pure and great. This intolerance then moves to destroy the originality and purity of anything great instead of trying to work on that complex in the first place. People find personal gain and satisfaction in claiming a high moral standard then doing the exact things they condemned. This certainly is robbery in the mask of moral superiority. And they all behave and act the same no matter the gender race or whatever it’s always that same way of accusing others and doing the same damn thing. Like an advocating vegetarian who eats meat in the privacy of their home. I came to experience that some big Universities of America really contribute and acclaim to this way of thinking. All my friends who immigrated from Iran and graduated from UC Berkley or MIT or elsewhere big are terrifyingly down the road, they are the ones shouting ‘black people have every right to burn down a country they built for free” the loudest. I have lost hope for canada flooded by persian post modern people even more...

Thanks for sharing that Carnavas! That floored me. Wow, even in Iran.

It's likely my view of Iran is heavily tainted by Amercian propaganda and stereotype, admittedly. But somehow I had the impression that even something like open homosexuality could get you killed there. My rather uninformed opinion was mostly shaped by a small clip in Bill Maher's documentary 'Religulous', where he interviews 2 gay men and they express their fears about being gay in an Islamic environment.

Can you say a little more about all that? For instance, when did all this postmodern social justice stuff arrive in Iran, and where exactly in Iran did it begin? Did it begin in universities, like here in the US?

Thanks
    Sorry that I’m going to be long.

Transsexuals and lgb’s are 2 separate matter here.
    First of all, yes there is a death penalty for sexual act of gay men only (100 lashes for lesbian), there have been executions, but the rate is under 1% of the lgb population currently living here. So many lgbs are currently amongst the youth and they all have a Twitter acc nowadays. These laws are the exact laws of Islam first written by muhammad and it is written so that the penalty would be hopefully avoided by all gays. You will need 4 sane men testify that they saw you within the sexual act and they have to prove their time and location, if any of them fails to do so or fails to show up all of them will be punished so that no one could fake it. And because house cleaners back then were mostly women and they were more likely to catch gays they made the note of 2 women witness instead of each men. And even if it is proven you can still give repentance and avoid execution, those that end up executed are the ones that insist. Without any witness they can execute you only by the fourth time of allegation and self confessions without repentance. If you deny they can’t investigate further. As long as you keep it to yourself and don’t go kissing on the street you’ll be fine. So the spirit of law is not in favor of execution but more for deterrence and has historic roots. The ones exaggerating more than this are trying to gain refugee. I can give an example of this persian movie called “Atom Heart Mother” which got banned and then lifted and the protagonists are gay (they’re not explicit about it though).

Transsexuals can have sex reassignment surgery freely, this was amongst the first things supported by the Islamic Regime because they didn’t want a man or woman claiming the opposite sex without changing their bodies so they supported the idea. They have to fully transition or maybe start on hormones to be legally changed. We don’t have many support structures for trans people but so too for any other cause. I heard the gov would pay half the surgery price but don’t know if they still do. After Thailand, Iran has the most SR surgeries.

As for the parent of our current troubles, post modernism, I can argue that it was birthed and created in a historical way within families in Iran from the start of time and the appearance of the country! And as I said it’s because of the geopolitical position of the country itself, in middle of the middle east having everything sideways. When you are strategically important and positioned you’re more prone to cancer, Tehran conference (1943) was one of the three conferences that led to the end of world war. 90% of the population consists of the middle class. Basically all countries that have a historic past of conventionality will turn post modern when confronted with modernity era. Even Shia Islam (and the Islamic Republic of Iran) is a post modern version of Islam and that’s why a vast majority inhabit Iran, they are inherently compatible. By Michel foucault’s narrative after traveling to Iran in 1978, post modernity of Shia gave way to Islamic Revolution. Shia was first recognized and established in the Safavid dynasty (1500-1736) where they had gay men brothels. Another example is the famous persian poet Rumi, his poems and himself are far too post modern not in a philosophical aspect but in our current definition of the word, besides him being gay.

Persian movies too, for example we have a female protagonist which is the symbol of purity and innocence killed in the end and somehow the killer is very subtly praised or justified (the same that happened in the Joker movie where we have a killer justified for its killings). Post modernity = paradoxical thinking
    This first hand experience of post modernism gives Iranians an opportunity to come up with a more accurate alternative by criticizing themselves.
    Last edited by carnavas; 16th June 2020 at 22:14. Reason: Typo

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to carnavas For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), Bluegreen (17th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Eva2 (17th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Orobo (17th June 2020)

15. Link to Post #48
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by Catsquotl (here)

So who are we to say Black Lives Matter are taking things to far. We as privileged white folk have enslaved, abused and killed black people for centuries. Even today slavery exists. Now I am well aware that on a personal level things are indefinetly more intricate and nuanced. But I fail to understand why we would expect civilised working through differences and grief after putting an ethnic group through so much. Since Floyd's death 120 black human beings have been killed. The last week 5 have been found hanging from trees due to supposed suicides.

And here we are saying they are overreacting?

Whenever we take things out of the present moment, it is not an equal level playing field because as an individual or a collective, we were not there in that time or in that place. (Maybe in another incarnation but that is another story )

The other problem we have in society is when we speak on behalf of others or speak about others as if we truly know and understand where they are at. We misrepresent individuals within that group or misrepresent the group as a whole whenever we do this.

To use an example of how and when this does not reflect the whole, I'm not white. Actually that is not true, I'm technically one quarter white. My father is Asian and my mother is Scottish with Jewish ancestry. And I'm not privileged. I grew up very poor, in a very poor neighbourhood.

The other thing I observe happening is that whenever we speak on behalf of others, there is a tendency to slide into group think, as Delight mentioned in an above post. I posted a video here by Derren Brown called Remote Control that I think you might find interesting Catsquotl.

Mikey, I would like to encourage you to start that thread.

Quote I heard this wonderful quote today, and it may even be worthy of its own thread:
    "racial groups can never reconcile, only individuals can."
    Lastly, as I have mentioned before in another thread, I would infinitely prefer the saying Honour all beings over All lives matter because to honour all beings, is to honour the spirit in you all. (the spiritual) It more accurately reflects who we truly are.

It might well be true what Carnavas said here

Quote maybe because of a lack of spirituality
    Whenever spirituality comes first, all flows from there. We can have equanimity and peace.
    Last edited by Constance; 16th June 2020 at 23:28.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), carnavas (17th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), gord (18th June 2020), Harmony (23rd June 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Orph (17th June 2020)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    And I'm not privileged. I grew up very poor, in a very poor neighbourhood.

That's an opportunity to add an important note here. "White privilege" fits neatly on a placard. And it doesn't need that much paint to spray it on a statue.

But more accurate might be "White financial privilege that often grants greater financial opportunity".

But that's too much paint. And harder to chant like a metronomic repetitive slogan. (There aren't many war-tribe rhymes there!)

The key word there is "financial". Most people reading this will know of families who live in what many might term poverty but whose lives and families are happy, fulfilled, balanced, healthy and loving.

And the opposite, too. Many rich-parent brat-kids end up valuing ONLY opulence. And look at the psychopathic destruction they wreak on the world when their greed propels them into positions of power and influence.

For those who've not seen this (I've posted it two or three times in years past), here's a true story about whatever privilege and happiness may mean. (They are manifestly different.) This story, too, is enough to make one stop and stare out of the window for quite a long time.

In 1989 I was in Nairobi, Kenya for a couple of weeks. I was staying in a small guest house a couple of miles from the city center.

Every day I walked down the long road to the post office and market, and walked back. And every day I passed a beggar who was sitting on a dirty blanket at a street corner.

This man's arms and legs were shriveled. He could not walk. He wore a loincloth. He sat on the ground, and crawled around on his blanket. He had nothing at all.

But each time I passed by - twice a day for 14 days - he was surrounded by people. They were laughing, joking, having fun. The little beggar-man was always happy. His face was permanently wreathed in smiles. This was where the party was at, all the time, every day.

He was the man. I never once saw him other than enjoying life to the full. His friends - many of them - clearly loved him dearly.

This experience changed me profoundly. Every day I wondered at this man and his friends. One of my greatest regrets is that I never approached him to say hello.

Ten years later, I returned to Nairobi. I tried hard to find him. I wanted to give him something to thank him for his great contribution to my life. I could not. I assume he had died.

I can never tell this story on stage or in an interview: I would not be able to keep it together. That little African beggar, bless his eternal soul, taught me that one does not have not have things to be happy: one only has to create one's own joy with the people one loves. In the context of this, little else matters.

18. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (17th June 2020), Alan (17th June 2020), anandacate (17th June 2020), carnavas (17th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), fractal being (17th June 2020), Franny (16th June 2020), gini (17th June 2020), happyuk (17th June 2020), Harmony (23rd June 2020), Kate (17th June 2020), kudzy (17th June 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th June 2020), Maunagarjana (18th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020), Orph (17th June 2020), Sirus (16th June 2020), Tintin (18th June 2020), twin fig (17th June 2020), Yoda (17th June 2020)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by fractal being (here)
    Sorry to jump in. Being the starter of this thread mike, I hope you'll allow me 🙏

I'm guessing your attitude might be a bit different if your small business was molotov cocktail'ed and burnt to the ground, leaving you and your family broke and hungry.
    All those group you mentioned have been living under those conditions since they remember themselves. They've been living more or less peacefully all this years patiently until you (as a society, not as a person) cared. But guess what, the wealth gap has been increasing for years and at the receiving high end has been majorly white old folks. Now it's the time for those repressed people to show their true power. It's a destructive one indeed, unless we all take our part and focus on what we might have consented with silently that brought us to this unjust world. In that sense 'all lives matter', because we all ought to do our part. But opposing the ones that are fed up and decided to do something about it, doesn't really lead to all lives matter. If you were trapped in poverty and hunger all your life, wouldn't you answer the call and revolt when the opportunity arose? Can't you empathise at least at that level with them?

Quote You're sanctimonious and naive. It's easy to play that game when you're holed up in your safe and cozy living room. But watch out, they're coming for you too
    Projections much 😛 How would you know?

P.S. all the above are just rhetorical questions, you don't need to answer them if you don't feel to.

of course you can jump in

i do sympathize with anyone who is suffering. you'll likely find this hard to believe, but i'm actually one of these empath types. my heart is breaking all the time for all kinds of people who aren't me. and btw, i'm not glorifying that. i think it's obnoxious. people like me must train themselves to manage their emotions, otherwise we crumble.

but my sympathy has its limits, especially when it is being weaponized and used against me to usher in an ideology that i find detestable, which is social justice postmodernism.

i'm afraid i haven't done a very good job of describing what postmodernism really is in all my rantings over the last few months. it's my sincere wish that everyone here watch the Evergreen documentary. i could explain once again what postmodernism is, and how it's manifesting now in the US and the rest of the world, but it would likely be in vain. The doc displays it in all it's glory, and is really a must see (and also the perfect case study for the current situation).

if i were trapped in poverty and hunger my whole life, yes i'd be bitter. but your hypothetical question jumps the shark with the word "trapped". no one in this country is ever really trapped; that negates any notion of personal responsibility, hard work, and competence. some may have to work a little harder (or a lot harder) but it is doable.

resentment almost always means that you have to grow up and get your sh!t together and take personal responsibility for yourself. when you accept that, the whole world begins to open up for you.

the world is an uncomfortable place, for everyone.

you'll have to explain what you mean by 'repressed', exactly. and also what you mean by 'equality' before i can say anything further on that.

but if you're talking about the 1%, those white folks at the top of the wealth gap are "oppressing" everyone, including white folks.

and most of us, currently - black or white or whatever - are also in that 1% if we go by historical standards. the average person in the early 20th century lived on the equivalent of something like 2 dollars a day.

we haven't the slightest clue as to how good we all have it now.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), carnavas (17th June 2020), Cognitive Dissident (17th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), fractal being (17th June 2020), gini (17th June 2020), happyuk (17th June 2020), Harmony (23rd June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020)

21. Link to Post #51
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

it's my sincere wish that everyone here watch the Evergreen documentary. i could explain once again what postmodernism is, and how it's manifesting now in the US and the rest of the world, but it would likely be in vain. The doc displays it in all it's glory, and is really a must see (and also the perfect case study for the current situation).
    Is this the Evergreen doco you are referring to Mikey?

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th June 2020), carnavas (17th June 2020), Franny (17th June 2020), Harmony (23rd June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

The other thing I observe happening is that whenever we speak on behalf of others, there is a tendency to slide into group think, as Delight mentioned in an above post. I posted a video here by Derren Brown called Remote Control that I think you might find interesting Catsquotl.

Why would i find that interesting?
    I can venture a guess, but I feel this entire thread is full of guesses and assumptions.

Objectively I am seeing a bunch of white people discuss the dangers of a group of angry black people and trying to narrate the story in such a way they are don't in whatsoever way have to take any responsibility whilst simultaniously judging a group of people who have every right to be very very pissed of on the way they handle their emotions.

I said before that I am well aware that this story is spun in ways that benefit those that gain from a divide and conquer strategy. But that doesn't mean that their efforts to get a significant portion of people in america riled up through long silent and openly hateful strategy whould be met with complacency.

Now as for me. none of you know where I am at, wether i am rich or poor, how I experienced privilidge or not and what my childhood experiences regarding people of a different color than mine shaped the way I feel about these events.

However subjectively I feel that instead of asking for clarification my words are read. And filed into a few categories that suit your agendas. Which is fine, but remote control works both ways. And it would be good to remeber that whenever worldly events start to come really really close and we can no longer intelectualize our conspiracy bias, but are asked to sit and watch and listen for a while when someone else is having a moment for a change.

Again it isn't about us white folk.

I would ask you all to go and ask a few black people how they experience systemic racism, but maybe wait a while, because I figure some are getting pretty tired of explaining how this works for them.

Besides we are all researchers of truth here.. It is out there to find if we are willing to open ourselves up for some inconvenient truths that is.

Now to make it clear I am not calling anybody a racist. And I am sure everybody means well.

With Love
    Eelco

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th June 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (17th June 2020), fractal being (17th June 2020), Franny (17th June 2020), Mike (16th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (17th June 2020)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

There it is Thank you Con

Bill has also posted a link to it, so there's no excuse for anyone to avoid it now. Teamwork

Although it is very difficult for my rational mind to accept that George Floyd's death may have been planned in some way, I'm having an equally hard time trying to disassociate it from all the dominos that are falling at the moment. The odds of this perfect storm happening now, all at once, seem just as unlikely as Floyd's death being planned and orchestrated. Lots of cognitive dissonance!

not too long ago this social justice postmodernism was slowly strangling the country, like a cobra, while many of us were blissfully unaware of it. i feel pretty strongly now that someone(s) wanted or needed to accelerate the pace of that takeover. at the moment it seems like the only logical way to look at the situation, to me

i regard this sjw postmodernism as a kind of passive aggressive satanism. that's my current theory. i see people who seem, quite literally, possessed by ideology. if i can muster up the energy maybe i'll start a thread on that
    Last edited by Mike; 16th June 2020 at 23:57.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th June 2020), carnavas (17th June 2020), Constance (16th June 2020), Gemma13 (17th June 2020), Harmony (23rd June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Bill thanks for sharing that great story about the beggar in Nairobi!

RE Daniel: i find i have to stop and stare out the window nearly every time he utters anything. it takes me hours to get thru his vids as a result.

These 'intellectual dark web' people like Daniel, J.Peterson, Weinstein brothers, Heather Heying, Helen Pluckrose etc may be one of the only things preventing the world from going total bat sh!t crazy.

I like how Daniel has reduced the issue into the simple phrase: sense making. Bill, far as i'm concerned you were the intellectual dark web before the dark web ever existed. it was your dedication to sense making in such murky areas that made the journey so worthwhile and so much fun for the rest of us who were following along with you. we're in debt to you for that
    Last edited by Mike; 17th June 2020 at 00:06.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th June 2020), carnavas (17th June 2020), Constance (17th June 2020), gord (18th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020)

29. Link to Post #55
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I can venture a guess, but I feel this entire thread is full of guesses and assumptions.

Objectively I am seeing a bunch of white people discuss the dangers of a group of angry black people and trying to narrate the story in such a way they are neither in whatsoever wat have to take any responsibility whilst simultaniously judging a group of people who have every right to be very very pissed of on the way they handle their emotions.

I said before that I am well aware that this story is spun in ways that benefit those that gain from a divide and conquer strategy. But that doesn't mean that their efforts to get a significant portion of people in america riled up through long silent and openly hateful strategy whould be met with complacency.

Now as for me. none of you know where I am at, wether i am rich or poor, how I experienced privilidge or not and what my childhood experiences regarding people of a different color than mine shaped the way I feel about these events.

However subjectively I feel that instead of asking for clarification my words are read. And filed into a few categories that suit your agendas. Which is fine, but remote control works both ways. And it would be good to remeber that whenever worldly events start to come really really close and we can no longer intelectualize our conspiracy bias, but are asked to sit and watch and listen for a while when someone else is having a moment for a change.

I would ask you all to go and ask a few black people how they experience systemic racism, but maybe wait a while, because I figure some are getting pretty tired of explaining how this works for them.

Besides we are all researchers of truth here.. It is out there to find if we are willing to open ourselves up for some inconvenient truths that is.

Now to make it clear I am not calling anybody a racist. And I am sure everybody means well.

With Love
    Eelco

Quote Why would i find that interesting?
    Yes, you were venturing a guess because if you knew me, you would know that this wasn't where I was coming from. I spend most of my time here on the forum expressing all that I am and working to inspire and educate others.

To be exact, I said, "I think you might find interesting". Translation for what it is worth? My intention was to politely point to something that may or may not interest to you.

Quote I would ask you all to go and ask a few black people how they experience systemic racism, but maybe wait a while, because I figure some are getting pretty tired of explaining how this works for them.
    How do you know we already haven't? Who is doing all the assuming here?

Do you know me personally enough to say who I hang out with, or who I talk to, or how I grew up or who I grew up with?
    Does anybody else know who I hang out with or how I grew up and who I grew up with?
    There might be only a handful of people on this entire forum who really knows me well enough to make a comment about who or what I am. Can you see how this all becomes problematic?

Quote Objectively I am seeing a bunch of white people discuss the dangers of a group of angry black people and trying to narrate the story in such a way they are neither in whatsoever wat have to take any responsibility whilst simultaniously judging a group of people who have every right to be very very pissed of on the way they handle their emotions.
    Objectively or Subjectively?

Once again, whenever we claim to speak on behalf of others, we are misrepresenting the individuals or the groups. And it is why I was encouraging you to watch Derren Browns video. But if you are not interested, that is none of my business.

Quote However subjectively I feel that instead of asking for clarification my words are read. And filed into a few categories that suit your agendas.
    That may be your perception, but it doesn't make it the truth.

What exactly is my/our agenda?

And who are you referring to when you say, us white folk? Are you including me in this after sharing that I am not 100% white, maybe only 30% at best?

Quote Now as for me. none of you know where I am at, wether i am rich or poor, how I experienced privilidge or not and what my childhood experiences regarding people of a different color than mine shaped the way I feel about these events.
    Well then do that because when you speak from personal experience, expressing all that you are, you are honouring yourself and everyone else.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th June 2020), carnavas (17th June 2020), Catsquotl (17th June 2020), Franny (17th June 2020), gord (18th June 2020), Harmony (23rd June 2020), Mike (17th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Well then do that because when you speak from personal experience, expressing all that you are, you are honouring yourself and everyone else.
    Then without guessing, I am asking Why would I be interested in that?
    I watched the end of it btw before I responded the first time.

Judging from the video's shared(Objectively no afro american to see anywhere in them.), the profile pictures and the names of the peope engaged in this thread I think it's save to say most are white.
    I could be very wrong, but I do assume that none of us is sharing the demographic of those that are rioting in the streets over the death of yet another afro american at the hands of a white police officer.

As for categorising and agenda's the following quote from a few posts back came to mind when I uttered those words.
    Quote Funny how you're not making this about you at all. Should be. If all this SJ postmodern crap is implemented like it appears to be planned to be, this will effect you in ways you can't even imagine. Enjoy your social bias "reeducation" classes. Update us all here and let us know how that goes, ok?

I'm guessing your attitude might be a bit different if your small business was molotov cocktail'ed and burnt to the ground, leaving you and your family broke and hungry. Or if you had made an insensitive remark in 1983 and are now permanently cancelled.

The witch hunt is going to come for you too, my friend. Make no mistake. The mob won't care for one moment that you've been a good little ally. In fact, they'll likely treat you even worse, just like they did that Minnesota mayor.

You're sanctimonious and naive. It's easy to play that game when you're holed up in your safe and cozy living room. But watch out, they're coming for you too

I am no where near ready to share the circumstances leading up to my current stance in fear of them being picked apart and used to show how I am a victim of the mass media controlled program. Like you I have been around forum land a while and with some searching here and over on other forums one can easily find the hows and the why's

With Love

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Constance (17th June 2020), fractal being (17th June 2020)

33. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Objectively I am seeing a bunch of white people discuss the dangers of a group of angry black people and trying to narrate the story in such a way they are don't in whatsoever way have to take any responsibility whilst simultaniously judging a group of people who have every right to be very very pissed of on the way they handle their emotions.

With Love
    Eelco

i think you mean well too. we're just disagreeing on some things. it's pretty cool that we can have this open dialogue here and offer our various viewpoints, because we're approaching a dangerous time where that might not be possible

the problem i have with BLM is that you can't have an opposing viewpoint. at least here in the states anyway. if you do, you get fired. lose your job. there are many examples of this. you lose your reputation. your life can be destroyed by merely offering up logical concerns. this doesn't trouble you??

you say they have a right to be pissed off. do they have a right to destroy small businesses? do they have a right to loot walmarts? do they have a right to extort/blackmail people who do not fully support BLM? do they have the right to emotionally bully? destroy historical landmarks? ban books? ban movies? rewrite history?

and if you really do think they have that right, just how much more chaos do you think they're entitled to until you feel it will have gone too far??? how many more people will have to die or get shot? i'm genuinely curious. i'm asking in good faith, to anyone who supports BLM and thinks this thread has been unfair. at what point, exactly, will you say: ya know, this isn't right, it's gone too far now. i'm out..

because these things do affect us "white folk". and hispanic folk. and asian folk. and indian folk, and native folk. plus, the whole thing is being used as an excuse to usher in the religion of social justice. are you not disturbed by that?
    Last edited by Mike; 17th June 2020 at 02:14.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

carnavas (17th June 2020), Constance (17th June 2020), gini (17th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020)

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

I think there is so much MORE to deal with than any particular "hot button" issue and I think Daniel Schmachtenberger is a great teacher.

Moloch is our common enemy....

Converting Moloch from Sith to Jedi w/ Daniel Schmachtenberger

Article reference in video

Quote MEDITATIONS ON MOLOCH
    POSTED ON JULY 30, 2014 BY SCOTT ALEXANDER

[Also available as podcast here]

I.

Allen Ginsberg’s famous poem on Moloch:

What sphinx of cement and aluminum bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination?

Moloch! Solitude! Filth! Ugliness! Ashcans and unobtainable dollars! Children screaming under the stairways! Boys sobbing in armies! Old men weeping in the parks!

Moloch! Moloch! Nightmare of Moloch! Moloch the loveless! Mental Moloch! Moloch the heavy judger of men!

Moloch the incomprehensible prison! Moloch the crossbone soulless jailhouse and Congress of sorrows! Moloch whose buildings are judgment! Moloch the vast stone of war! Moloch the stunned governments!

Moloch whose mind is pure machinery! Moloch whose blood is running money! Moloch whose fingers are ten armies! Moloch whose breast is a cannibal dynamo! Moloch whose ear is a smoking tomb!

Moloch whose eyes are a thousand blind windows! Moloch whose skyscrapers stand in the long streets like endless Jehovahs! Moloch whose factories dream and croak in the fog! Moloch whose smoke-stacks and antennae crown the cities!

Moloch whose love is endless oil and stone! Moloch whose soul is electricity and banks! Moloch whose poverty is the specter of genius! Moloch whose fate is a cloud of sexless hydrogen! Moloch whose name is the Mind!

Moloch in whom I sit lonely! Moloch in whom I dream Angels! Crazy in Moloch! ********** in Moloch! Lacklove and manless in Moloch!

Moloch who entered my soul early! Moloch in whom I am a consciousness without a body! Moloch who frightened me out of my natural ecstasy! Moloch whom I abandon! Wake up in Moloch! Light streaming out of the sky!

Moloch! Moloch! Robot apartments! invisible suburbs! skeleton treasuries! blind capitals! demonic industries! spectral nations! invincible madhouses! granite cocks! monstrous bombs!

They broke their backs lifting Moloch to Heaven! Pavements, trees, radios, tons! lifting the city to Heaven which exists and is everywhere about us!

Visions! omens! hallucinations! miracles! ecstasies! gone down the American river!

Dreams! adorations! illuminations! religions! the whole boatload of sensitive bull****!

Breakthroughs! over the river! flips and crucifixions! gone down the flood! Highs! Epiphanies! Despairs! Ten years’ animal screams and suicides! Minds! New loves! Mad generation! down on the rocks of Time!

Real holy laughter in the river! They saw it all! the wild eyes! the holy yells! They bade farewell! They jumped off the roof! to solitude! waving! carrying flowers! Down to the river! into the street!

What’s always impressed me about this poem is its conception of civilization as an individual entity. You can almost see him, with his fingers of armies and his skyscraper-window eyes.

A lot of the commentators say Moloch represents capitalism. This is definitely a piece of it, even a big piece. But it doesn’t quite fit. Capitalism, whose fate is a cloud of sexless hydrogen? Capitalism in whom I am a consciousness without a body? Capitalism, therefore granite cocks?

Moloch is introduced as the answer to a question – C. S. Lewis’ question in Hierarchy Of Philosophers – what does it? Earth could be fair, and all men glad and wise. Instead we have prisons, smokestacks, asylums. What sphinx of cement and aluminum breaks open their skulls and eats up their imagination?

And Ginsberg answers: Moloch does it.

There’s a passage in the Principia Discordia where Malaclypse complains to the Goddess about the evils of human society. “Everyone is hurting each other, the planet is rampant with injustices, whole societies plunder groups of their own people, mothers imprison sons, children perish while brothers war.”

The Goddess answers: “What is the matter with that, if it’s what you want to do?”

Malaclypse: “But nobody wants it! Everybody hates it!”

Goddess: “Oh. Well, then stop.”

The implicit question is – if everyone hates the current system, who perpetuates it? And Ginsberg answers: “Moloch”. It’s powerful not because it’s correct – nobody literally thinks an ancient Carthaginian demon causes everything – but because thinking of the system as an agent throws into relief the degree to which the system isn’t an agent.(continued)

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Constance (17th June 2020), onawah (17th June 2020)

37. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I see that you are trying to make a point here when you say

Quote I could be very wrong, but I do assume that none of us is sharing the demographic of those that are rioting in the streets over the death of yet another afro american at the hands of a white police officer.
    However, once again, this only reinforces what I said earlier. Whenever we speak outside of our own experiences and whenever we speak for another individual or a group, we are assuming that we know what is in the hearts and minds of those individuals.

I'll give you a practical example of how I feel this all works. I have a number of black friends here in Australia and a very very large number of Asian relatives (I come from a very big family, thirteen siblings on my mum and dads sides - lots of interracial marriages - I only found out a short time ago that my dad's family is bigger than that but another story for another time) but I do not presume to speak on their behalf (even though I know most of my black friends reasonably well) because I could potentially be misinterpreting or misrepresenting what are in their hearts and minds. I would dishonour these individuals if I spoke on their behalf because they are not present to defend themselves. (or correct me if I'm wrong)

And I'd like to give you another example if I may? That quote you took from Mike's post. I'm not going to answer to that because I cannot speak on Mikes behalf. I cannot claim to know exactly what is in Mikes heart or mind. And, it would take me outside of the present moment (which is all we truly have). If I was to begin to share outside of what I was consciously aware of, I would be compromising, contradicting and denying my own heart.

Quote I am no where near ready to share the circumstances leading up to my current stance in fear of them being picked apart and used to show how I am a victim of the mass media controlled program.
    I truly believe that if you were to share soley from your own unique experience that Avalonians would wholeheartedly and unconditionally support you.

Then without guessing, I am asking Why would I be interested in that?
    I watched the end of it btw before I responded the first time.

Judging from the video's shared(Objectively no afro american to see anywhere in them.), the profile pictures and the names of the peope engaged in this thread I think it's save to say most are white.
    I could be very wrong, but I do assume that none of us is sharing the demographic of those that are rioting in the streets over the death of yet another afro american at the hands of a white police officer.

As for categorising and agenda's the following quote from a few posts back came to mind when I uttered those words.
    Quote Funny how you're not making this about you at all. Should be. If all this SJ postmodern crap is implemented like it appears to be planned to be, this will effect you in ways you can't even imagine. Enjoy your social bias "reeducation" classes. Update us all here and let us know how that goes, ok?

I'm guessing your attitude might be a bit different if your small business was molotov cocktail'ed and burnt to the ground, leaving you and your family broke and hungry. Or if you had made an insensitive remark in 1983 and are now permanently cancelled.

The witch hunt is going to come for you too, my friend. Make no mistake. The mob won't care for one moment that you've been a good little ally. In fact, they'll likely treat you even worse, just like they did that Minnesota mayor.

You're sanctimonious and naive. It's easy to play that game when you're holed up in your safe and cozy living room. But watch out, they're coming for you too

I am no where near ready to share the circumstances leading up to my current stance in fear of them being picked apart and used to show how I am a victim of the mass media controlled program. Like you I have been around forum land a while and with some searching here and over on other forums one can easily find the hows and the why's

With Love
    Last edited by Constance; 17th June 2020 at 02:24.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Orph (17th June 2020)

39. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

you say they have a right to be pissed off. do they have a right to destroy small businesses? do they have a right to loot walmarts? do they have a right to extort/blackmail people who do not fully support BLM? do they have the right to emotionally bully? destroy historical landmarks? ban books? ban movies? rewrite history?

and if you really do think they have that right, just how much more chaos do you think they're entitled to until you feel it will have gone too far??? how many more people will have to die or get shot? i'm genuinely curious. i'm asking in good faith, to anyone who supports BLM and thinks this thread has been unfair. at what point, exactly, will you say, ya know, this isn't right, it's gone too far now.

because these things do affect us "white folk". and hispanic folk. and asian folk. and indian folk, and native folk. plus, the whole thing is being used as an excuse to usher in the religion of social justice. are you not disturbed by that?

I find the whole thing deeply disturbing. That said I am not in America, but relatively save from it all on the other side of the atlantic.
    When is enough enough? I don't know. For now though I think it is time for people to say enough is enough. I also think that as a priviliged white man I should stay in the background. I feel that this will not blow over if White people are going to start taking over and "help/save" do away with racism.

What I do know is this. For some reason the death of this man as well as a few others in the weeks prior. Have build up to a pressure point that needed an outlet. That outlet was found or created or whatever, it is there. WiIth Mars going into Aries in 2 weeks and staying there for pretty much the rest of the year There is no obvious or easy solution to this. And I fear it wil linger and smolder and burn all that time.

I can only hope that at the end of it we can reconcile and find common ground again.
    Does that mean I condone all that is happening? No, but at the same time I am very aware of the grievances on both sides. For the time being though I am choosing to stand in support of an ethnic group that has systematically been at the receiving end of racism and hope, pray, chant and spell that they find a way out of their anger.

Changes don't come easy. For the last few years I have been troubled by the continuing pressure to be politically correct. I have objected against the disappearance of a dutch childrens feast where "black faced" people were helpers for as long as I can remember. (Black facing doesn't have the same connotation or meaning as it has in the states with regards to this feast.) I have felt awkwardly ill at easy with the incessant cry from the BLGT+ community to watch my language and use of pronouns and what have you's, but you know what I find? That most of that struggle to conform to that is in my head. There is absolutely no reason to worry about what to call someone because in most instances when you make a friend it is natural to use a pronoun they feel comfortable with. And when you slip up once most will tell you what they prefer. No harm no foul.

Back to black.

In my home town next sunday there will be a demonstration. A march in support of #blacklivesmatter. My 14 year old daughter wants to go.
    So the missus is worried for counter demonstrations. So I will go with my daughter to keep an ye on things. So I read up on the date and venue etc etc. I am appalled at the amount of openly and unnuanced racist hatred people are spewing against this march. So there's that.

I agree that all live matters, But I will support black live matters at the moment because they (afro american community)are grieving and angry now.
    For how long? I don't know.

Did you by the way see the video where a white woman set fire to wendies?

With Love

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

carnavas (17th June 2020), fractal being (17th June 2020), Mike (17th June 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast