1. Link to Post #21
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: The possible end of Above Top Secret

Quote Posted by The Moss Trooper (here)
    It would be a great shame if ATS vanished into the mists of time.

There are some fantastic threads and second-to-none research there, especially in the UFO forum, from members such as Isaac Koi, Mirageman, William One Sac, Gazrok, Mike Singh, Schuyler, Zorgon and of course our very own Pigsy2400. These are just some of the names that have stuck with me over the years of creators of threads that have led me down many a rabbit hole. I lurked that site for more than 10 years..... Never had the balls to join until fairly recently!

The emergence of John Titor, the CARAT drones and ASTRO have to be my top 3 of ATS's greatest-of-all-time threads.

Like life itself, ATS can be a cruel place to navigate, but if you ignore the more 'vocal' subjects and members, the breadth and depth of subject matter and research is outstanding, there really is something for everyone. It'll be a great loss to the community as a whole if the lights well and truly go out, and a warning bell to sites such as this, Project Avalon, as places on the internet where truly free speech is not only allowed, but encouraged, are few and far between.

I know these are tough times for everyone, but if you are in any sort of position to help the ATS members who are looking to save the site in any way, I would strongly encourage you to do so.......... You never know when you may need help yourself.

First they came for the Alex Jones & Infowars, and I did not speak out —
    Because I was not a member.

Then they came for the Brian Rose & London Real, and I did not speak out —

Then they came for ATS, and I did not speak out —

Then they came for Project Avalon......... And there was no one left to speak for me.
    There's no such great value on ATS, to be honest

Take my sister for example, these was her experience when she was 15 and i allowed her to start posting on that site

She was sexually harassed a few times
    First time, the guy was removed from the forum and the thread closed
    The second time, it turned to be one very popular member, an old guy who basically demanded her to disclose if she had sex before or not, and when she tried to defuse and change the subject she called her comment "BS" and kept insisting she must disclose to him her sexual life

Eventually she got angry and told him to shut up and to stop harassing her, her comment was removed for "manners violation" or something like that, while up to these days the guy's comments are still there for all to see

When i joined ATS i talked to that guy, and asked what would he do if he had a 15 year old daughter and some 50 something guy came demanding her to disclose if she had sex before, what would he do?

Then my comment got removed and i got a "manners violation", he went full saying "he was asking for her own health and good"

When have you seen some random 50+ year old man demanding that kind of answers from a 15 year old kid, for "her own good", while not knowing her or being a doctor or for any reason at all but bullying her and causing her mental harm?

Mods are corrupt and lack morals on ATS

A second thing is Xenophobia, of which we got tons of it and the mods did nothing about it, but a single reply from me or my sister about it would get immediately removed and a warning sent to our inbox. While the xenophobic comment would remain there forever

A last one is, every single comment or thread that could be considered "political" or related to US politics, by either me or my sister, would get immediately removed for "political trolling" even if it was just a video of Trump or someone else basically saying the exact same thing we were posting. So even with evidence, it was "trolling" just because we were not supposed to talk about it, if other people made the exact same comment or point, it would be left and even in some cases the exact same mode that removed our comments would agree with the other poster, just because he was not "Russian Troll"

In general you can see this behavior a million times over the past years, lots of people complained and got their complaints removed and sometimes the members were banned

There is no recourse on ATS if a mod decides they don't like your post, it's just gone and you may also be gone if you ask why your thread/comment got removed, no explanation and no recourse ever

That's not how a site that is supposed to be a "garden of the mind" should work, or is it?

The last time i was on ATS, i posted a thread asking why no one was questioning Trump when he said the US was on Syria because of the oil and nothing more, it got several pages of people discussing the topic until it started to look like people were agreeing that it was a bad thing to say for Trump and made the US look bad, then the entire thread got immediately removed because of "Political Trolling" even if most if not all posts were made by American ATS members. And i got a warning about it

I sent a message back about it and never logged in again after that day. What's the point?

The entire spirit of the site is corrupted by now, there is no point on such site to live on. I mean there's a guy there that has around 5000 political threads, every single tweet by Trump or any word he says, turns into a thread, it has taken the site down and he has been called on it. He replied with something like "well too bad your conspiracies theories turned out to be fake and no one cares about what you guys think" or something on those lines

ATS is not a representation of good research, or wisdom or anything remotely related to fighting for the truth in any way

It's a lot of people, some perverted, patting themselves on the back while giving themselves stars and removing all people/words they can't handle

That's mostly it these days, so it shows why it going down
    Last edited by Mashika; 24th June 2020 at 00:57.
    Tired

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Agape (26th June 2020), aoibhghaire (24th June 2020), Bill Ryan (24th June 2020), DaveToo (24th June 2020), Gwin Ru (24th June 2020), Hym (24th June 2020), Islander12 (25th June 2020), Jayke (23rd July 2020), Kate (25th June 2020), Kryztian (23rd July 2020), pigsy2400 (28th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (24th June 2020), silvanelf (24th June 2020), spade (24th June 2020), Tintin (23rd July 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

Valueless sounds just about right, Mashika - led by seedy middle aged men who never grew up? You’ll find more rock solid value here, especially health related stuff of immense value than anywhere else, logically categorized. better yet, the value is even better when there are no financial ties or commercial incentives to any of the information put out or products recommended - which keeps grossly inflated marketing, lying and falsehoods at bay.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th June 2020), Islander12 (25th June 2020), Jayke (23rd July 2020), Kate (25th June 2020), Mashika (24th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (26th June 2020), scotslad (26th June 2020), Tintin (23rd July 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pigsy2400 (here)
    I have been a long time contributor to ATS and made many friends there too, many of which I have met in real life and also been friends with nearly two decades. I have participated in some great research projects with people from ATS. I don't want to turn this into a ATS bashing post; but to speak from experience.

The place did always have an odd undertone, there were subjects that were off limits, threads would get trolled and spammed just as various interesting points were raised that probably made a few select individuals "uncomfortable". Threads or posts that would be deleted if they didnt conform with the beliefs of the mods or indeed the owners of the site.

Any mention of the owner of Skinwalker Ranch specifically, would see whole parts of the website and threads disappear, it was sometimes a rush to archive things on the Wayback Machine knowing full well, that soon some posts would vanish entirely. Then low and behold, the owner of ATS ends up in a "documentary" about SWR; Deny Ignorance indeed. As well as the long standing rumors of the place being a COINTELPRO operation, with IP addresses traced back to Langley, links to CIA and other things - I never really knew what to make of those rumors.

I am known on ATS as "pigsy2400" - at one time I wouldn't have been comfortable in stating that, for reasons I will speak of at a later date - also it is not lost on me either, that no-one here will have heard of the "Infamous Pigsy" anyway lol.

ATS and the reasons for its impending demise, I can only speculate as a long term user; Investment was very little in ATS - it's not been in doubt that its "golden age" in terms of hits, visitors and subsequent Ad-Revenue is long gone. As a user from 2004 and before that; the monies it undoubtedly raised in its heyday were simply not reinvested into the platform. This post may still sound like I am bashing ATS - I will be sad overall to see it go; but only for the people that I connected with there and I don't need ATS to speak with them.
    I stopped visiting that website when Pizzagate broke in Oct 2016 and no discussion was allowed about it.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FictionLReality For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th June 2020), Islander12 (25th June 2020), Jayke (23rd July 2020), Kryztian (23rd July 2020), Mashika (25th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (26th June 2020), silvanelf (25th June 2020), spade (25th June 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

I never visited that site and therefore wont miss it in the slightest.

As the world changes, some of the older structures are bound to crumble away and make way for the new.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Agape (26th June 2020), Bill Ryan (26th June 2020), Franny (23rd July 2020), Jayke (23rd July 2020), Mashika (26th June 2020), Sarah Rainsong (26th June 2020), scotslad (26th June 2020), silvanelf (26th June 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    I never visited that site and therefore wont miss it in the slightest.

As the world changes, some of the older structures are bound to crumble away and make way for the new.
    And good for you, it turns out even the mods are showing some weird attitudes these days

Not to bash anyone so i removed the mods name and any possible identity info, but this happened to my sister just a few days ago. So one has to wonder, if this is how a moderator thinks, where's the quality of the forum? Is is true they look for positive conversation and such, and they are the most honest and such and such site on the web? This makes me very angry, but i'm not going to comment on what i think of that person beyond this

Just want to say, that is no wonder the site is going down like that, with people like this in control and allowing themselves to be this nasty xenophobic people, with no shame

As she explained, she didn't 'came' to the US, as much as any US citizen, because the obvious thing to mention would be, why did the original British people went to America? So lost lol

I can't avoid feeling very angry about this, but i refuse to login to ATS, it would be a ridiculous low intellectual conversation with such a person, but also i would get banned immediately because these guys can't even figure out how to have a proper conversation without banning someone they don't like or agree with, or even tolerate.

I just wanted to show how it is to be there, while not "American" LOL

Sorry for the angry bashing, it's just not possible to avoid feeling like this, with that kind of "quality and maturity" from the mod while talking to a kid

She got banned today i think, because this same mod removed several posts of her, due to her calling up in a very angry way a guy that attempted to sexually molest her on ATS, she even said the guy's posts remain there, and as far as i know that's still true

So after her posts got removed she received a warning, she replied back in a way that i can't post (lots and lots of insults) and then she was banned, the guy remains there still. That's the standard on ATS, no conversation, no attempt at communication, it if looks bad for the business, you get removed with no explanation or recourse, but if you are a good friend of the mods, you can even get away with sexual harassment of a 15 year old kid

Also, i know mods are not supposed to baby sit some kid, but that and keeping some standards and being reasonable are very different things.

Letting someone sexually harass a kid is not reasonable at all, ever in any circumstances, ever. Letting the guy continue around for 2 years and then still remove the evidence of the crime while still leaving the guy continue but removing the affected kid is even worse. I don't think the ATS staff understand anything about this particular issue. They are being complicit in a sexual harassment situation and they remain on it no matter what, because they appreciate the guy, and that's just nasty in the end

Last edited by Mashika; 23rd July 2020 at 05:18.
    Tired

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2020), Franny (23rd July 2020), Jayke (23rd July 2020), pigsy2400 (28th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd July 2020), silvanelf (23rd July 2020), Tintin (23rd July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2