1. Link to Post #261
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,349 times in 8,672 posts

Default Re: Turmoil in China

https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/fl...ral-production

https://www.theepochtimes.com/floodi...aign=ZeroHedge

Flooding in West China Destroys Agricultural Production

By Alex Wu October 14, 2021 Updated: October 15, 2021

Continuous rainfall for more than ten days has caused the lower reaches of the Luo River in China’s west to spill their banks. Large volumes of floodwater released from upstream have destroyed two dams in one county, and villages are flooded. Local jujube growers and those in animal husbandry have suffered serious losses.

The autumn harvest is at a severe loss in Dali County of Weinan city, Shaanxi Province, where 108 villages have been affected by floods.

According to local media reports, Dali County has experienced heavy rains this fall. Water levels in the Wei River and Luo River running across the province have exceeded their warning levels, with some areas experiencing serious floods.

In Dali’s Zhaodu town, about 29,000 acres of farmland were flooded, and 25,126 people had to be urgently evacuated.

As to the reason for the flooding, some locals have voiced suspicion that it’s caused by the local authorities intentional release of floodwaters to protect other areas.

Xin Ming (alias), a villager in Xinsi village, Zhaodu town, told the Chinese-language Epoch Times that he believes that in order to protect Gansu Province and Henan Province, the authorities quickly released a large volume of water into the Dali area, bursting local river banks.

“The village was completely submerged, about two meters (6.6 feet) deep, and the houses and furniture were all immersed in the water,” he said.

Posts on social media by other local villagers in the disaster-stricken areas, across Zhaodu and Dali County, also said, “In order to protect Gansu Province in the upper stream, and Henan Province in the lower stream, [authorities in] Shaanxi Province opened their own gates for two flood releases. The flood passed through Dali, and the dam broke.”

The Epoch Times could not verify this information. After contacting the Flood Control Command of Dali County, and a staff member said that they did not release floodwaters at this time.

At 6 a.m. on Oct. 9, villagers suddenly received a notice from township officials ordering them to evacuate immediately.

Xue Fei (alias), an animal husbandry farmer in Zhaodu, told The Epoch Times, “The water is rising rapidly, and the time for people to evacuate was very short, in a rush. Cows and pigs were killed by the flood, and the farmers have suffered particularly great losses.”

Dali County is known for its jujube plantations. It has been recognized by the central authorities for its high-quality agricultural products, like the famous “Dali Jujube.” Most local villagers grow jujube to support their livelihoods. It’s harvest season now, but the floods have ruined this year’s crop.

“Dali County’s winter jujube is the most delicious in the country and has the most output,” Xin said. “The winter jujube in the field is almost completely submerged, and the greenhouses are also completely submerged.”

Xin’s 5-acre plantation of jujube trees was all destroyed after being soaked in floodwater.

The Epoch Times has obtained a video showing the flooding in Dali County.

After the flooding disaster, non-government relief materials were sent to the area in batches. But after the local government took over control of the distribution of aid, no aid has been reaching villagers outside the big towns.

The weather has been getting cold, Xin said. “We are short of quilts, cotton-padded clothes, and daily necessities, and the villagers do not even have enough shirts and pants.”

Hong Ning contributed to the report.

Alex Wu is a U.S.-based writer for The Epoch Times focusing on Chinese society, Chinese culture, human rights, and international relations.

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

avid (16th October 2021), Bill Ryan (16th October 2021), Franny (16th October 2021), Harmony (16th October 2021), onawah (16th October 2021), pabranno (16th October 2021), Pam (19th October 2021), xidaijena (19th October 2021)

3. Link to Post #262
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 times in 341 posts

Could the US be attacking China with weather weapons?

Idk if its just me but those are a lot of dams to break in the last month.

Plus a coal mining supply to flood in the middle of this energy crisis... shady
    Last edited by I am B; 16th October 2021 at 13:04.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th October 2021), Franny (16th October 2021), Harmony (16th October 2021), mountain_jim (19th October 2021), onawah (16th October 2021), pabranno (16th October 2021), Pam (19th October 2021), Peace in Oz (21st October 2021)

5. Link to Post #263
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,557 times in 20,694 posts

I have wondered the same, and expressed as much elsewhere in this thread.
    However, China's history of extremely shoddy construction is extensive, and flooding has always been a problem there.
    There used to be a youtuber, a cohort of Dutchsinse, who was tracking HAARP signatures and the weather patterns that resulted, but I don't know if he is still active, or if those patterns were directed at or affecting China.
    But that would be an extremely interesting thing for someone to be doing now.
    Of course, it would probably be censored in no time!
    Quote Posted by I am B (here)
    Could the US be attacking China with weather weapons?

Idk if its just me but those are a lot of dams to break in the last month.

Plus a coal mining supply to flood in the middle of this energy crisis... shady
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th October 2021), Franny (16th October 2021), Harmony (19th October 2021), I am B (16th October 2021), mountain_jim (19th October 2021), pabranno (19th October 2021), Pam (19th October 2021), Patient (2nd November 2021)

7. Link to Post #264
    China Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 times in 1,022 posts

Oh my, I got news on Chinese douyin(tik tok) and from my husband that US is interfering the matter of Taiwan.

The winter comes early than before in my hometown.

Hope China will be safe and so will the world.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2021), Harmony (19th October 2021), mountain_jim (19th October 2021), onawah (19th October 2021), pabranno (19th October 2021), Pam (19th October 2021), Patient (2nd November 2021), Peace in Oz (21st October 2021)

9. Link to Post #265
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 times in 341 posts

Quote Posted by xidaijena (here)
    Oh my, I got news on Chinese douyin(tik tok) and from my husband that US is interfering the matter of Taiwan.

Insider info is more valuable now than ever. ^^ Whats the narrative and the "vibe" in chinese population and media? Are they feeding hate? Preparing people for something bigger or a war? Or its just pointless political turmoil?

It doesn't appear in the media here at all. I'm thinking it may hidden because it could be more than it seems.

I may try to de-rust my chinese and start to listen to some of the MSM from there.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2021), Harmony (21st October 2021), onawah (21st October 2021), pabranno (20th October 2021), Patient (2nd November 2021), Peace in Oz (21st October 2021), xidaijena (24th October 2021)

11. Link to Post #266
    Language
    English
    Thanks

130 million apartment units unoccupied & more to come with the property tax | unfinished buildings
    Oct 22, 2021
    China Observer
    145K subscribers

"On October 18, China's National Bureau of Statistics released China’s economic data for the third quarter, showing that the country's GDP grew by 4.9% compared to last year over the same period. This data is not as good as market expectations, and it is also far lower than the 18.3% and 7.9% growth rates in the previous two quarters.
    In September, investment by real estate developers fell 3.5% year-on-year, apartment unit sales fell 16.9%, and the floor area of new construction projects started in that month fell 13.5%.
    With the continued weakness of the real estate market and expectations of the government's imposing property tax, China's real estate stocks plunged yet again. So far, China's real estate stocks have generally fallen by about 20% this year.
    On October 15th, the CCP’s media "Qiushi" magazine published Xi Jinping's speech on promoting "common prosperity", with the title "Solidly Promoting Common Prosperity." The article mentioned property tax, saying that "we must actively and steadily advance the legislation and reform of property tax, and do a good job of piloting."
    Property tax has been one of the controversial topics during the past 10 years. In fear that the property tax would jeopardize the real estate market, and there has been resistance from officials, it has been difficult for the authorities to implement the policy nationwide. This time, the official media published Xi Jinping's speech, indicating that the authorities are really going to start collecting the property tax this time.
    According to the Chinese media Caixin.com, China promulgated the "Property Tax Interim Regulations' ' in 1986, imposing a property tax on owners of commercial and renting residential properties. In 2011, the authorities assigned Shanghai and Chongqing as pilot sites to levy property taxes on homeowners.
    So can China's real estate tax reduce the gap between the rich and the poor, and achieve common prosperity? According to the pilot operations in Shanghai and Chongqing, the property taxpayers will be the so-called middle class who own more than one apartment unit and have a relatively high-end life. It is precisely the target of the CCP scavenging for wealth. But for those who unfortunately bought unfinished units, the property tax can only increase their burden. The main purpose of the collection of property taxes is to increase local government's revenue, which may allow officials to get more bonuses but has no effect on increasing the income of ordinary people. The so-called common prosperity is nothing more than a shroud for the CCP to plunder wealth from its people."

Coal prices soaring 143% within 40 days in China, $ 359 USD per metric ton, boycott Australian coal
    Oct 22, 2021
    China Observer
    145K subscribers

"Since late August, 20 provinces in China have been experiencing power outages and curtailments, affecting both industrial production and people’s daily lives. Meanwhile, coal prices have soared.
    In September, China increased its coal imports.
    Since October, power restrictions continue to be imposed in many provinces and cities.
    On October 14, China’s National Bureau of Statistics announced that the Industrial Producer Price Index (PPI) rose 10.7% year-on-year in September, a record high in 25 years, while the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 0.7% year-on-year in September, the lowest level in six months.
    So does China lack coal or electricity?
    Let's look at China's power generation first. China's electricity supply is handled by two state-owned enterprises; one is the State Grid Corporation of China, and the other is China Southern Power Grid.
    According to the National Bureau of Statistics, in 2020, China's total power generation is 7.4 trillion kilowatt-hours, and the total thermal power generation is 5.3 trillion kWh, accounting for 71% of the total.
    Let's look at China’s coal production and consumption.
    China is the largest coal producer and consumer. In the past 10 years, China’s annual coal production has been more than 3.4 billion tons, and the output in 2020 is 3.9 billion tons, accounting for 50.4% of the world's total output. In 2020, China imported 304 million tons of coal, making it the largest coal importer. Last year, China's coal consumption accounts for 54.3% of the world's coal consumption. China's total energy consumption in 2020 is 4.98 billion tons of standard coal equivalent, of which coal accounts for 56.8%. for a long time, coal has accounted for more than 50% of China's total energy consumption.
    From January to August this year, China produced 2.60 billion tons of coal and imported 197 million tons.
    By 2020, China’s proven coal reserves are 143.2 billion tons, ranking fourth in the world, and its total coal resources are 5.9 trillion tons.
    Of China's 28 provinces, 24 have coal resources. Eight provinces have coal productions of over 100 million, and a combined total of 3.5 billion tons, accounting for 90% of the total production. China's energy consumption is mainly concentrated in the economically developed areas along the eastern coast, especially along the southeast coast, so there is a transportation problem from the places of coal production to the places of consumption.
    From this, we can see that China really doesn’t lack coal, and also has sufficient production capacity.
    As for coal production, most of the production capacity is controlled by state-owned enterprises.
    Compared with state-owned enterprises, private enterprises cannot withstand this, so many private coal mines have to withdraw from this industry.
    Electricity supply is completely in the hands of the government, and coal production and supply are also gradually going down this path."

No more capital crackdowns by the CCP? 30 Years of Collusion between Wall Street and CCP
    Oct 21, 2021
    China Observer
    145K subscribers

"Starting from the sudden suspension of Ant's IPO in November last year, the Communist Party of China has not only strengthened the rectification of many industries such as financial market, education and training, online games and entertainment industry, but also tightened the regulation of Chinese companies going IPO overseas, which has sharply dampened overseas investors' confidence of China Concept Stocks and the Chinese financial market, while the return of China Concept Stocks to China is known as an inevitable trend.

Stephen Roach, the former chief economist at Morgan Stanley, has always been strongly bullish on China, yet in an interview a few days ago, Roach suddenly said he was a natural optimist, but he found the series of crackdowns by Beijing against private companies unsettling.

According to Bloomberg, the Nasdaq Golden Dragon China Index of nearly 100 China Concept Stocks ended a six-month streak of heavy losses on Aug. 2 with a big gain of more than 8 percent and closed higher for 3 days straight.

The practice of Wall Street banks hiring the children of top Chinese politicians to grow their business in China is not an isolated case. For example, former President Jiang Zemin's grandson Jiang Zhicheng worked at Goldman Sachs, former Premier Wen Jiabao's daughter Wen Ruchun worked at Credit Suisse, and the son of former Premier Zhu Rongji, Zhu Yunlai worked at Arthur Anderson and Credit Suisse from 1995 to 1997. Feng Shaodong, the son-in-law of former NPC Chairman Wu Bangguo, also helped Merrill Lynch win a contract to raise $22 billion for the IPO of ICBC in 2006."

Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2021), Harmony (25th October 2021), Vangelo (24th October 2021), xidaijena (27th October 2021)

13. Link to Post #267
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by I am B (here)

Insider info is more valuable now than ever. ^^ Whats the narrative and the "vibe" in chinese population and media? Are they feeding hate? Preparing people for something bigger or a war? Or its just pointless political turmoil?

It doesn't appear in the media here at all. I'm thinking it may hidden because it could be more than it seems.

I may try to de-rust my chinese and start to listen to some of the MSM from there.
    I knew little about the world news.

So this is why I like to read this thread.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd November 2021), Harmony (27th October 2021), Pam (5th November 2021)

15. Link to Post #268
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    130 million apartment units unoccupied & more to come with the property tax | unfinished buildings
    Oct 22, 2021
    China Observer
    145K subscribers

"On October 18, China's National Bureau of Statistics released China’s economic data for the third quarter, showing that the country's GDP grew by 4.9% compared to last year over the same period. This data is not as good as market expectations, and it is also far lower than the 18.3% and 7.9% growth rates in the previous two quarters.
    In September, investment by real estate developers fell 3.5% year-on-year, apartment unit sales fell 16.9%, and the floor area of new construction projects started in that month fell 13.5%.
    With the continued weakness of the real estate market and expectations of the government's imposing property tax, China's real estate stocks plunged yet again. So far, China's real estate stocks have generally fallen by about 20% this year.
    On October 15th, the CCP’s media "Qiushi" magazine published Xi Jinping's speech on promoting "common prosperity", with the title "Solidly Promoting Common Prosperity." The article mentioned property tax, saying that "we must actively and steadily advance the legislation and reform of property tax, and do a good job of piloting."
    Property tax has been one of the controversial topics during the past 10 years. In fear that the property tax would jeopardize the real estate market, and there has been resistance from officials, it has been difficult for the authorities to implement the policy nationwide. This time, the official media published Xi Jinping's speech, indicating that the authorities are really going to start collecting the property tax this time.
    According to the Chinese media Caixin.com, China promulgated the "Property Tax Interim Regulations' ' in 1986, imposing a property tax on owners of commercial and renting residential properties. In 2011, the authorities assigned Shanghai and Chongqing as pilot sites to levy property taxes on homeowners.
    So can China's real estate tax reduce the gap between the rich and the poor, and achieve common prosperity? According to the pilot operations in Shanghai and Chongqing, the property taxpayers will be the so-called middle class who own more than one apartment unit and have a relatively high-end life. It is precisely the target of the CCP scavenging for wealth. But for those who unfortunately bought unfinished units, the property tax can only increase their burden. The main purpose of the collection of property taxes is to increase local government's revenue, which may allow officials to get more bonuses but has no effect on increasing the income of ordinary people. The so-called common prosperity is nothing more than a shroud for the CCP to plunder wealth from its people."

Coal prices soaring 143% within 40 days in China, $ 359 USD per metric ton, boycott Australian coal
    Oct 22, 2021
    China Observer
    145K subscribers

"Since late August, 20 provinces in China have been experiencing power outages and curtailments, affecting both industrial production and people’s daily lives. Meanwhile, coal prices have soared.
    In September, China increased its coal imports.
    Since October, power restrictions continue to be imposed in many provinces and cities.
    On October 14, China’s National Bureau of Statistics announced that the Industrial Producer Price Index (PPI) rose 10.7% year-on-year in September, a record high in 25 years, while the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 0.7% year-on-year in September, the lowest level in six months.
    So does China lack coal or electricity?
    Let's look at China's power generation first. China's electricity supply is handled by two state-owned enterprises; one is the State Grid Corporation of China, and the other is China Southern Power Grid.
    According to the National Bureau of Statistics, in 2020, China's total power generation is 7.4 trillion kilowatt-hours, and the total thermal power generation is 5.3 trillion kWh, accounting for 71% of the total.
    Let's look at China’s coal production and consumption.
    China is the largest coal producer and consumer. In the past 10 years, China’s annual coal production has been more than 3.4 billion tons, and the output in 2020 is 3.9 billion tons, accounting for 50.4% of the world's total output. In 2020, China imported 304 million tons of coal, making it the largest coal importer. Last year, China's coal consumption accounts for 54.3% of the world's coal consumption. China's total energy consumption in 2020 is 4.98 billion tons of standard coal equivalent, of which coal accounts for 56.8%. for a long time, coal has accounted for more than 50% of China's total energy consumption.
    From January to August this year, China produced 2.60 billion tons of coal and imported 197 million tons.
    By 2020, China’s proven coal reserves are 143.2 billion tons, ranking fourth in the world, and its total coal resources are 5.9 trillion tons.
    Of China's 28 provinces, 24 have coal resources. Eight provinces have coal productions of over 100 million, and a combined total of 3.5 billion tons, accounting for 90% of the total production. China's energy consumption is mainly concentrated in the economically developed areas along the eastern coast, especially along the southeast coast, so there is a transportation problem from the places of coal production to the places of consumption.
    From this, we can see that China really doesn’t lack coal, and also has sufficient production capacity.
    As for coal production, most of the production capacity is controlled by state-owned enterprises.
    Compared with state-owned enterprises, private enterprises cannot withstand this, so many private coal mines have to withdraw from this industry.
    Electricity supply is completely in the hands of the government, and coal production and supply are also gradually going down this path."

No more capital crackdowns by the CCP? 30 Years of Collusion between Wall Street and CCP
    Oct 21, 2021
    China Observer
    145K subscribers

"Starting from the sudden suspension of Ant's IPO in November last year, the Communist Party of China has not only strengthened the rectification of many industries such as financial market, education and training, online games and entertainment industry, but also tightened the regulation of Chinese companies going IPO overseas, which has sharply dampened overseas investors' confidence of China Concept Stocks and the Chinese financial market, while the return of China Concept Stocks to China is known as an inevitable trend.

Stephen Roach, the former chief economist at Morgan Stanley, has always been strongly bullish on China, yet in an interview a few days ago, Roach suddenly said he was a natural optimist, but he found the series of crackdowns by Beijing against private companies unsettling.

According to Bloomberg, the Nasdaq Golden Dragon China Index of nearly 100 China Concept Stocks ended a six-month streak of heavy losses on Aug. 2 with a big gain of more than 8 percent and closed higher for 3 days straight.

The practice of Wall Street banks hiring the children of top Chinese politicians to grow their business in China is not an isolated case. For example, former President Jiang Zemin's grandson Jiang Zhicheng worked at Goldman Sachs, former Premier Wen Jiabao's daughter Wen Ruchun worked at Credit Suisse, and the son of former Premier Zhu Rongji, Zhu Yunlai worked at Arthur Anderson and Credit Suisse from 1995 to 1997. Feng Shaodong, the son-in-law of former NPC Chairman Wu Bangguo, also helped Merrill Lynch win a contract to raise $22 billion for the IPO of ICBC in 2006."

Thank you for sharing these infromation, Natalie.

I do really hope you can write more words for me to read because of my limited English.

Recently, Xuefeng wrote an article about the truth of USA to China, he think it is USA helps China and China shall thank USA.

I read the information about the "unfinished buildings". Buildings or apartments are of high price in my hometown. Many people including my friends are using their whole life to buy one.

Quote lectricity supply is completely in the hands of the government, and coal production and supply are also gradually going down this path.
    I am thinking about this question...

Maybe natural farms are good for China.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd November 2021), Harmony (27th October 2021), Kryztian (2nd November 2021), Pam (5th November 2021), Patient (2nd November 2021), Sadieblue (3rd November 2021)

17. Link to Post #269
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Agreed, natural, sustainable, organic farms and communities are actually what all the world needs, as what is happening now is not sustainable, natural or organic.

I do really hope you can write more words for me to read because of my limited English.

Recently, Xuefeng wrote an article about the truth of USA to China, he think it is USA helps China and China shall thank USA.

I read the information about the "unfinished buildings". Buildings or apartments are of high price in my hometown. Many people including my friends are using their whole life to buy one.

Quote lectricity supply is completely in the hands of the government, and coal production and supply are also gradually going down this path.

Each breath a gift...

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd November 2021), Harmony (27th October 2021), Pam (5th November 2021), Patient (2nd November 2021), Peace in Oz (27th October 2021), Sadieblue (3rd November 2021), xidaijena (2nd November 2021)

19. Link to Post #270
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Agreed, natural, sustainable, organic farms and communities are actually what all the world needs, as what is happening now is not sustainable, natural or organic.

So, this is also the meanings of Lifechanyuan...lol

I will update my post on spirituality soon.

Miss your sharings, Natalie.

Peace & Love.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd November 2021), Harmony (2nd November 2021), onawah (2nd November 2021), Pam (5th November 2021), Patient (2nd November 2021), Sadieblue (3rd November 2021)

21. Link to Post #271
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Chinese authorities have urged families to keep stores of daily necessities heading into winter

Tue 2 Nov 2021

China's Ministry of Commerce said the government is striving to ensure supplies of food heading into winter.

MinCom
    -- urges local authorities to ensure supply and stable prices
    -- says local authorities should purchase vegetables that can be stored well in advance
    -- look to strengthen emergency delivery networks to guarantee smooth and efficient distribution channels

Info comes via a Reuters report.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd November 2021), gord (4th November 2021), Harmony (2nd November 2021), onawah (2nd November 2021), Pam (5th November 2021), Sadieblue (3rd November 2021), xidaijena (5th November 2021)

23. Link to Post #272
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Some interesting perspectives and possible dots connected by Dr. Joseph Farrell in his latest contribution to Dark Journalist as to how China is entangled and involved in what is happening in the world.

Dr. Joseph Farrell: HotZone Government War Games & The UFO File
    Oct 29, 2021
    DarkJournalist
    122K subscribers

"The Exotic Technology Card
    Oxford Scholar and Giza Death Star Book Series Author Dr. Joseph Farrell returns to join Dark Journalist Daniel Liszt for a spellbinding look into the bizarre geopolitical hurricane gaining force as we head into 2022. He sees major moves in the HotZone of Cuba where ancient ruins and covert operations like Havana Syndrome run rampant. A supply crisis being engineered in the US by shadowy forces who are searching for something mysterious. Massive repression and mind control worldwide as a global dictatorship steps out of the shadows and a major secret coming to the surface regarding aerospace, exotic technology and the UFO file that may play a crucial role in starting (or preventing) a new World War.

Special Topics:
    UFOs
    Havana Syndrome
    Pine Gap
    Supply Crisis
    HotZone Intrigue
    Push For World War
    Exotic Technology
    Mind Control
    Committee to Run the President

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Vggmu74F8

Also posted here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1460340
    Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (2nd November 2021), Bill Ryan (2nd November 2021), Dubsy (2nd November 2021), gord (4th November 2021), Harmony (2nd November 2021), leavesoftrees (5th November 2021), mountain_jim (2nd November 2021), Pam (5th November 2021), Sadieblue (3rd November 2021)

25. Link to Post #273
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Will China Trigger a New World Financial Collapse?
    Email update from F. William Engdahl info@williamengdahl.com via aweber.com
    Attachment: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ta...sagePartId=0.1
    11:27 AM (8 hours ago

"Dear Readers,

There has been an eerie downplaying of the global implications of a China imploding real estate debt bubble. The major Wall Street players including BlackRock, JP Morgan Chase, Goldman Sachs and others are desperately trying to prop up the world’s largest debt bubble economy—Peoples’ Republic of China. Because they have made literally billions in recent decades in various China-linked investments, they are doing everything to keep the debt pyramid from collapsing. The following was written in early September, 2021 when the gravity of the China real estate troubles were first beginning to be covered by world financial media. The following provides a useful background from data extremely difficult to find in Western media. Some say the recent acts of President Xi Jinping to clampdown on private companies like Alibaba of Jack Ma is a belated attempt to control at least part of the coming collapse. For readers interested in the global aspects of this crisis and why it is far worse than we are being told, my book, The Gods of Money: Wall Street and the Death of the American Century, I recommend.

If you have not yet, please consider a donation of support for my online voice. The relentless censorship of the Internet and social media by the private corporate companies since the 2020 Coronavirus is alarming and is getting more Orwellian by the day.

I thank you again for your interest and support,

William Engdahl
    www.williamengdahl.com"

The Strange China Feud of Soros and BlackRock
    By F. William Engdahl
    17th September, 2021

A bizarre war of words has erupted in recent days in the pages of financial media between billionaire hedge fund and color revolution specialist, George Soros, and the gigantic BlackRock investment group. The issue is a decision by BlackRock CEO Larry Fink to open the first foreign-owned mutual fund in China presumably to attract the savings of China’s new (and fast disappearing) middle income population. In a recent newspaper interview Soros called the BlackRock decision a threat to BlackRock investors and to US national security.

This seemingly absurd clash of views between two financial predator giants of Wall Street hides a far larger story—the looming systemic collapse inside China of a financial debt pyramid that is possibly the largest in the world. It could have a domino effect on the entire world economy far greater than the September 2008 Lehman Crisis.

“Global economic terrorist..:”

On September 6 Soros wrote a guest Editorial in the Wall Street Journal sharply criticizing BlackRock for investing in China: “It is a sad mistake to pour billions of dollars into China now. This is likely to lose money for BlackRock customers and, more importantly, harm the national security interests of the US and other democracies.” Not like Soros to cite US national security… He went on to say, “The BlackRock Initiative threatens the national security interests of the US and other democracies because money invested in China will help advance President Xi’s regime, which is repressive at home and aggressive abroad.” BlackRock issued a response stating, “The US and China have a large and complex economic relationship…Through our investment activity, US-based asset managers and other financial institutions contribute to the economic interconnection of the world’s two largest economies.“

At a time when the bloated debt edifice of China banks and real estate conglomerates is collapsing almost daily, the defense of BlackRock and CEO Fink hardly ring true. It suggests there is far more behind the BlackRock-China relation as well as behind the Soros attack. Two days before Soros’ OpEd in the journal, the official China Global Times wrote a scathing article calling Soros a “global economic terrorist.” One of their charges was that Soros money financed a “color revolution” in Hong Kong in 2019 against Beijing new laws de facto ending the island’s independent status.

However, the sharp attack on Soros was far more likely caused by an OpEd Soros wrote in the London Financial Times five days earlier in which he sharply attacked Xi Jinping and the current crackdown on private Chinese companies such as Jack Ma’s Alibaba and Ant Financial. In an August 30 OpEd Soros called President Xi Jinping’s crackdown on private enterprise, “a significant drag on the Chinese economy” that “could lead to a crash.” He further pointed out that major western stock indices such as MorganStanley’s MSCI and BlackRock’s ESG Aware, have “effectively forced hundreds of billions of dollars belonging to US investors into Chinese companies whose corporate governance does not meet the required standard — power and accountability is now exercised by one man (Xi) who is not accountable to any international authority.” He urged Congress to pass laws that would limit asset managers’ investments to “companies where actual governance structures are both transparent and aligned with stakeholders.”

The curious aspect about the Soros charges against Beijing financial transparency is that they are factually correct, based on public statements by Chinese regulators as well as Wall Street managers and regulators. China’s financial markets are opaque, and rules change unpredictably as to who gets rescued and who not. The ongoing meltdown of China’s huge Evergrande real estate and financial group is only one recent instance of the high risk of investing today in China.

Not so Evergrande

The world’s “most valuable” real estate group is also the world’s most indebted real estate group. Evergrande, based in Shenzhen, has been teetering on the edge of bankruptcy for months as it defaults on loan after loan and the major credit rating agencies lower its rating to junk status. The group owes a total of $305 billion and that debt is both offshore in dollar loans as well as domestic unregulated loans from what are termed WMPs or wealth management products. As its finances implode and unit apartment sales plunge, tens of thousands of prospective apartment owners are threatened with having paid for unfinished apartments. To date the central bank of China has not intervened but speculation grows that a state bailout of the group is days away in order to prevent a systemic financial contagion. The reason is apparently that Evergrande is only the tip of a very debt-bloated China corporate sector iceberg.

In August China Huarong Asset Management Co., a so-called “bad bank” created by the Finance Ministry to take on assets of troubled Chinese companies, itself had to be bailed out by the state to prevent what many feared would be China’s “Lehman crisis.” Huarong is one of four such state-owned companies created in the wake of the 1998 Asia financial crisis to manage assets of bankrupt state companies. While majority owned by the Chinese Finance Ministry, since 2014 it has sold shares to others including Goldman Sachs and Warburg Pincus.

After 2014 Huarong grew into a non-bank financial giant and financed spectacular growth via debt. That began to unwind in 2020 during the covid crisis. In January 2021 a Chinese court tried the chairman, Lai Xiaomin, who was sentenced to death without reprieve for bribery, embezzlement, and bigamy, in a strange collection of charges. The court declared, “He endangered [China’s] financial stability.”

When the Huarong group failed to release its annual financial report by the deadline end of March, fears grew of a bankruptcy chain-reaction as billions of its offshore dollar bonds were at risk. Total debts were estimated at some $209 billion. Reportedly, instead of conservatively managing distressed assets, Lai used the state Finance Ministry status of the non-bank bank to deal in everything from private equity to real estate speculation to junk bond trading, borrowing billions wildly. The state forced its own CITIC group to bailout Huarong in August. Yet it’s clear this is only the beginning of a snowballing financial crisis in China.

Crash landing?

For months the Xi Politburo has tried, with increasing desperation, to halt the growth of a colossal financial bubble in its real estate sector. Earlier this year Xi issued the slogan “housing is for living, not for speculation.” His moves to freeze and slowly deflate the huge real estate bubble are likely far too late. Real estate construction and sales are the largest single part of Chinese GDP, over 28% by official estimates. To demand that investment go now into “productive” projects and not speculation in real estate ever-rising prices is not so easy.

Xi has increasingly taken steps to control China’s out-of-control real estate bubble, and its threat of a systemic crisis like that in the US in 2008, by instituting steps to restrain real estate lending. According to Chinese data the amount of real estate total financing is down 13% for the first half of 2021 compared with 2020. At the same time debt due by Chinese real estate companies on bonds and other debts are more than RMB 1.3 trillion or $200 billion in 2021, and almost RMB 1 trillion in 2022. The contracting real estate sector will make such a huge repayment increasingly impossible and lead no doubt to new defaults across China. Recently Ping An, China’s largest insurance group, also heavily invested in real estate, was forced to set aside $5.5 billion in loan loss provisions related to its investment in defaulter, China Fortune Land Development Co.

If it were only Evergrande that is insolvent due to unpayable debts in a contracting economy, Chinese authorities could no doubt manage it in one or another way by demanding its state banks or large groups like CITIC simply swallow the bad debts to contain spread of the crisis. The problem is that Evergrande, Huarong, PingAn and other large Chinese property investors are clearly only symptoms of an economy which has taken on debt far beyond what was prudent. In April Beijing’s CCP State Council told local governments that their so-called Local Government Financing Vehicles with estimated (no one knows) trillions of dollars they had in unregulated shadow bank loans used to finance local projects, had to get rid of excess bad loans or go under.

On July 1 Beijing announced that local government revenues from land sales to developers, some half of all local revenues, must be sent to the central Beijing Finance Ministry and no longer used locally. That insures a catastrophic collapse in the multi-trillion dollar local shadow banks and construction projects. No more Beijing bailouts. At the same time solvency of China’s fragile multi-trillion “small” banking sector is in doubt, as bank closings increase. Now with national state-owned giants nearing bankruptcy, the verbal war between BlackRock and George Soros takes on a significant new light. China is in a serious debt collapse crisis.

China already has the world’s largest extent of high-speed rail track and those are losing money. The Belt Road Initiative is bogged down in debts that countries are unable to repay and China banks have sharply cut loans to BRI Silk Road projects from $75 billion in 2016 to $4 billion in 2020. Its demographic crisis means the endless flow of cheap rural labor to build that infrastructure is sharply declining. The middle class is deeply indebted from buying new cars and homes when times were good. Total household debt including mortgage and consumer loans for cars and household appliances in 2020 was a whopping 62% of GDP. The Institute of International Finance (IIF) estimated that China’s total domestic debt rose to 335 per cent of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2020.

Beijing’s Wall St Bailout?

It appears that Beijing is seeking a major de facto bailout from foreign investors into its troubled stocks and bonds led by Wall Street. Major Wall Street banks and investors have had close involvement in China for several years. With the US stock markets at dangerous historic highs and the EU in deep trouble, they perhaps hope China can save them, despite the clear evidence that Chinese corporate accounting rules are opaque, as Evergrande shows. Since 2019 Morgan Stanley’s widely used MSCI All Country World Index, has been allowed to list major Chinese companies, which, as Soros accurately noted, forces western stock funds to buy billions of dollars of China stocks. BlackRock is permitted now to invest Chinese personal savings in its funds. It is not clear if there are other parts to the deal.

This is the pot of potential gold which has Wall Street and BlackRock lining up outside Beijing. The Soros condemnation of BlackRock, the largest private investment fund in the world, clearly is strategic. Could it be that Soros intends to replay his 1998 toppling of the Russian bond market bubble after taking his profits? If so, no wonder the official China media calls Soros an “economic terrorist.” Whatever the trigger, such a collapse of the China debt bubble would make the 2008 Lehman crisis pale."
    Each breath a gift...

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (3rd November 2021), Bill Ryan (3rd November 2021), Dubsy (3rd November 2021), Harmony (3rd November 2021), pabranno (4th November 2021), Pam (8th November 2021), Satori (3rd November 2021), xidaijena (5th November 2021)

27. Link to Post #274
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Kaisa shares and dollar bonds tumble amid fears of a liquidity crunch

4 Nov 2021

Kaisa has the most offshore debt coming due over the next one year of any Chinese developer, after Evergrande

Click image for larger version

Name:	kaisa.png
Views:	43
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	47841

As I write, the shares are down 13% on the day. Dollar bonds shown in the chart above are also down 5 cents on the dollar after dropping rapidly since September.

They have roughly $3.2 billion in offshore notes due in the next 12 months with the next maturity being on 7 December, worth $400 million.

Offshore markets ( outside China ) seem to been taking this in their stride with US indices making new highs yesterday after the Federal Reserve announced tapering to begin this month.

Worth keeping an eye on, as the risk of contagion into markets outside of China is growing by the day.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2021), gord (4th November 2021), Harmony (4th November 2021), Mare (9th November 2021), Michel Leclerc (7th November 2021), onawah (7th November 2021), pabranno (4th November 2021), Pam (5th November 2021), Peace in Oz (5th November 2021)

29. Link to Post #275
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dubsy (here)
    Chinese authorities have urged families to keep stores of daily necessities heading into winter

Tue 2 Nov 2021

China's Ministry of Commerce said the government is striving to ensure supplies of food heading into winter.

MinCom
    -- urges local authorities to ensure supply and stable prices
    -- says local authorities should purchase vegetables that can be stored well in advance
    -- look to strengthen emergency delivery networks to guarantee smooth and efficient distribution channels

Info comes via a Reuters report.
    Hi Dubsy,

I got the information of keeping stores of daily necessities heading into winter on Douyin.

But the more I see about the videos on Douyin and Kuaishou are the" war "about Taiwan and China. And it seems that USA wants to protect Taiwan.

Are you in China now? What's your opinion? Do you mind to share?

Have a nice day.

Jena Wang

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2021), Dubsy (6th November 2021), Harmony (5th November 2021), Mare (9th November 2021), Michel Leclerc (7th November 2021), onawah (7th November 2021), Pam (5th November 2021), Peace in Oz (5th November 2021)

31. Link to Post #276
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Jena.

Yes, I am still in China.

I've been here for the most part since 2006. I spent the first 3 years in Shanghai, which is the most 'foreigner friendly' city and the easiest place to live as an ex-pat, Western food is not hard to find for people that want that 'home from home' vibe and English is widely spoken.

I travelled to Chengdu in S/W China on a business trip with a Shanghai friend and instantly fell in love with the more chilled attitude to life the people have here.
    -- as opposed to the hustle and bustle of big city living. People here are well known for having good humor and are far more relaxed, with a liking for the more traditional pursuits, tea rooms, family, and the inescapable obsession for spicy food and eating outside .... even in the colder months.

As you know - Mao's long march ended in this region with a standoff, and took some time to 'conquer'.

There's still a touch of that rebel feel here, -- You dont see so much of the blatant in your face propaganda as you would in the eastern provinces. There's a large Tibetan population scattered around the area, which makes me smile. A testament to the more liberal attitudes and thinking of this part of China that I have come to enjoy.

Recently, I've moved even further out to a more rural/ mountainous local. One of the pro's of living here is the very good and reliable internet network, which makes it easy to work, even in some of the most out of the way places.

There has been a lot of chatter in the past week of food shortages and war. There's been a 'run' on vegetables, with supermarket shelves empty.
    That made me chuckle -- I cant help seeing the funny side in this -- The Chinese rush for vegetables in their shops and we in the western world fight for toilet paper.

I dont see much logic in an invasion of Taiwan at this time. Winter is here, which would make the task so much more difficult. China are more concerned with the window closing on an easy invasion, rather than waiting for Taiwan to obtain weaponry that could endanger Chinese cities, and those very vulnerable dams.

China is in a very bad place geographically to fight a more drawn out conflict. They are surrounded by allies of the US on all sides. -- Even Putin, who is making friendly gestures would not be comfortable with any aggressive territorial grabs. ( China are still making historical claims on parts of Russia ).

Here is a scenario that never seems to get much exposure ..........

80% of China's imported fuels have to travel through the narrow straits of Malacca Malaysia, before a dogleg north into the South China sea. -- The US and allies could win any drawn out conventional conflict without firing a shot.

They could threaten to sink any foreign tanker ship entering these waters - lay smart mines with the technology to pinpoint any ship defying the embargo, without having to directly confront China with their ships and aircraft.

China is a fragile country from a locational standpoint. It doesn't have the resources to be self sufficient in its growing energy demands compared to the likes of the US or Russia.

I hope you are doing fine, Jena, and rising above all your personal trials and tribulations .
    I hate all this constant rhetoric of wars and negativity ........ Let us hope our humanity and spirit can rise above all this.

Luv's, Dubsy
    Last edited by Dubsy; 6th November 2021 at 12:15.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2021), Harmony (6th November 2021), I am B (6th November 2021), Mare (9th November 2021), Mashika (9th November 2021), Michel Leclerc (7th November 2021), onawah (7th November 2021), Pam (6th November 2021), Peace in Oz (6th November 2021), Vangelo (6th November 2021), xidaijena (8th November 2021)

33. Link to Post #277
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Chinese Defector Li-Meng Yan Reveals COVID Origin
    by Dr. Joseph Mercola
    November 07, 2021
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...id-origin.aspx

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/Ea6CMK7Bobp1

"STORY AT-A-GLANCE
    Li-Meng Yan, M.D., Ph.D., escaped from China to the United States to expose China’s cover-up of the origin of the COVID-19 pandemic
    According to Yan, SARS-CoV-2 was made in a Chinese military lab.
    The Third Military Medical University and the Research Institute for Medicine of Nanjing Command discovered a bat coronavirus called ZC45.
    She’s convinced that ZC45 was used as a template and/or backbone to create SARS-CoV-2
    While the Chinese military may be responsible for the physical creation of the virus, there’s ample evidence showing the U.S. funded at least some of the research that resulted in this pandemic
    The COVID shots and the vaccine passports fit into the CCP agenda by making the whole world accept and adopt the CCP’s social control system
    Yan urges Americans to realize the destructiveness of communism, and to resist it in any way possible. This includes refusing vaccine mandates and vaccine passports

Today, we continue our discussion of the COVID-19 pandemic and its origin with a fascinating guest who has been a leader exposing the corruption and fraud with respect to the origin of the virus. Li-Meng Yan is both an M.D. and Ph.D., with specific training in coronaviruses. She escaped from China's influence while in Hong Kong to the United States to warn us of what she believes is a massive cover-up.

Yan went to medical school, followed by a Ph.D. program in ophthalmology. The school where she got her Ph.D. was originally a military medical university, which helps explain some of her personal network. She has contacts in both civilian and military research laboratories and hospitals in mainland China.

After finishing her studies, she decided to pursue research. For two years, she worked in an ophthalmology lab in the University of Hong Kong, where she researched stem cells, drugs and artificial tissue development. She was then invited to join the lab of professor Malik Peiris.

Yan's husband had worked with him and Peiris was impressed with Yan's skillset. She jumped at the chance to learn more about emerging infectious diseases. She worked with Peiris for five years, until she escaped to the U.S. in April 2020.

"I worked on the influenza virus, universal influenza vaccine development, and then focused on the SARS-CoV-2 after the outbreak," she says.

SARS-CoV-2 Was Made in a Chinese Military Lab
    At the end of December 2019, Yan's supervisor, Dr. Leo Poon, who is also an emerging infectious disease expert with the World Health Organization, assigned her to conduct a confidential investigation into a mysterious new pneumonia-like infection.

Colleagues and friends at universities and hospitals around China gave her information, which she forwarded to Peiris and Poon. They did not follow up on it, however, which she says "shows that they want [to] help China to cover it up."

In January 2020, Poon asked her to look into whether the raccoon dog, a civet cat-like animal, which was a host for the original SARS virus, might also be an intermediary host for SARS-CoV-2. Yan's research, however, was indicating that the virus did not come from nature. Poon warned her to keep silent or "you will be disappeared."

According to Yan, SARS-CoV-2 was made in a Chinese military lab. The Third Military Medical University in Chongqing, China, and the Research Institute for Medicine of Nanjing Command in Nanjing, had discovered a bat coronavirus called ZC45. The discovery of ZC45 was published in early 2018.

"If you compare this virus genome and the SARS-CoV-2 virus genome, you will realize [this is the] smoking gun," Yan says. She's convinced that ZC45 was used as a template and/or backbone to create SARS-CoV-2.

In mid-May 2020, shortly after she'd left Hong Kong, the journal Nature published a paper1 Yan had co-written, detailing the pathogenesis and transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in golden hamsters. This experiment showed SARS-CoV-2 primarily spreads via aerosol.

In mid-September 2020, Yan published an open access paper2 on Zenodo, in which she and her two co-authors laid out the evidence and their theory for SARS-CoV-2 being manmade.

Almost immediately, four "reviewers" of her work denounced it as being an "opinion" piece that was "flawed" and not scientifically in line with currently accepted knowledge of the origin of the virus. One reviewer3 said, "The manuscript attempts to refute our current understanding of the origins of SARS-CoV-2. Briefly, the consensus is that SARS-CoV-2 is a zoonosis and originated in bats with perhaps an intermediate host before spilling over into humans."

A year later, in 2021, numerous indicators4,5 show that dismissing the lab leak hypothesis was premature and there is no "consensus" of a zoonosis origin.

Documents obtained through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request by The Intercept6 also point directly to a lab origin, so much so that the WHO's director general, Tedros Ghebreyesus, called for a new investigation into it, writing in the October 13, 2021, edition of the journal Science,7 "A lab accident cannot be ruled out until there is sufficient evidence to do so and those results are openly shared."

The Escape From China
    Initially, Yan had released information via an American YouTube blogger that was very popular in China. By the end of April 2020, a colleague warned Yan she was at risk of being "disappeared." That's when she decided to flee to the U.S. Luckily, she already had a valid visa. Her husband was deeply opposed to her leaving, as you might imagine. She explains:

"I didn't know it would happen like [it did]. From January to April [2020], I didn't tell him what I had done. I tried to protect him, because at that time, in Hong Kong, there were a lot of people fighting against government for democracy and freedom. They can get disappeared easily.

But if their family don't know what they have done, it's kind of safe for the family. That's why I tried to protect him. But when I heard that I need leave, I tried to bring him with me. He's not Chinese. He's from Sri Lanka. When I told him, he was outraged, which was really not like him. He warned me, saying 'We can go nowhere. They are everywhere. We can do nothing.'"

Her husband even threatened to have her killed if she left. The next two weeks were a dangerous time for Yan. Her husband kept her under surveillance, and she developed a sudden heart problem. The day before she left, she went for a checkup. She had a resting heart rate of 130, which is a sign of sinus tachycardia.

Yan suspects foul play, saying the Chinese government prefers to "disappear" people by making it look like a natural death. "Like this virus," she says. According to Yan, infections and heart attacks are common strategies used to get rid of dissenters. Yan also suspects her husband may have been helping them.

Fortunately, since entering the U.S., the attacks have been relegated to discrediting her and ruining her reputation. "For example, they created thousands of fake accounts on social media, using at least seven languages, to spread [lies about me] and attacks to discredit me," she says.

According to Yan, this has been verified by FireEye, a cybersecurity company that also does work for American intelligence agencies. Her family, who are in mainland China, friends and even alumni are also under strict surveillance by the Chinese government, she says.

Vindication
    While the whole world denied the possibility that SARS-CoV-2 was manmade for over a year, in recent months, the truth has finally entered the mainstream. A number of reporters have wrestled with excuses, trying to justify or explain away their long-held denials.

"Last year in July, when I was first on Fox News, I told them the WHO and the CCP are corrupted and are in the cover-up together," Yan says. "At that time, it was a bombshell. Now, most people realize [the virus] is not from nature. That is a very good turning, and I keep helping other people to realize the evidence.

I explain to them the CCP's style and the evidence. Now, I see that even some mainstream media are starting to talk about the possibility of [it being a] bioweapon. I think it is very encouraging. Because people need to realize that China is using this virus together with their misinformation campaign and propaganda to attack all over the world."

Who's Running the Show?
    While the Chinese military may be responsible for the physical creation of the virus, there's ample evidence showing the U.S. funded at least some of the research that resulted in this pandemic.

The flow of money from Dr. Anthony Fauci's National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), the EcoHealth Alliance run by Peter Daszak and the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) is well-documented. Ralph Baric, Ph.D., at the University of North Carolina has also conducted research that appears to have been applied to SARS-CoV-2.

The sequence of events is confusing, however, and it's unclear just who is the real string-puller in all of this. When asked what her take is, and who she believes might be running the show, Yan replies that even without American funding, China certainly would still have managed to create this virus.

"The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) … they are a giant octopus and they have tentacles. The brain is the CCP. Those scientists, especially the military scientists and coronavirus experts [such as] my previous supervisor, Dr. Malik Pieris, they are the ones that had the real evil ideas.

They enjoy it, and they want to command this knowledge ... Even China cannot use their tentacles … if they cannot use infiltration to get your money, they will still manage to get your technology and do it in China. That's the key point. The money from American taxpayers, it looks a lot. Yes, it's millions [of dollars]. However, compared to the money donated by the Chinese government, it's just a very small piece …

They developed this virus and other things in their unrestricted bioweapons program. They want to destroy Americans' economic and social order, destroy your civilization. [While the virus has attacked worldwide], they always list America as a primary enemy and the biggest problem.

So, when they show you this kind of propaganda, through TikTok and other social media [where Chinese citizens] tell you, 'Oh, in China we control the outcome and it's good, and we love our government.' American people will feel, 'Yeah, maybe we should give up our democracy and turn to try communism.' That's all they want to do."

Chinese Data Collection
    Since the start of the pandemic, it's been near-impossible to determine how many Chinese have actually been affected. According to Yan, the CCP will only release data that benefits itself.

"Chinese people all know not to trust any data that comes from our government," she says. "They don't do statistics. They just sit there. Whatever data they want, they write it down. That's how they [produce] data."

According to Yan, the CCP has been using the converse strategy used in the U.S. and elsewhere. Rather than inflate case numbers, they've been suppressing them. One way they've been doing this is by delaying diagnosis, so deaths are not listed as COVID-19 deaths.

"It's totally opposite," she says. "For example, in America, once a person has been diagnosed with COVID, even if they later died of some other problem, they still will be [counted] as a COVID case.

But in China, they can use a ventilator to make the patient survive until the test comes out negative. They have thousands of ways to handle it. Importantly, they also gave early treatment, including hydroxychloroquine and other drugs."

According to Yan, military scientists in China have also filed a patent to use hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19. "That made them earn the top anti-COVID award by Chairman Xi last year," she says. Hydroxychloroquine is also sold over the counter in China, so it's easy to get a hold of. She believes part of the reason why the death toll in the U.S. has been so high is because hydroxychloroquine was suppressed and censored.

Is There a Connection Between the COVID Shots and the CCP?

The COVID-19 pandemic has clearly been capitalized upon by greedy drug companies, and the suppression of early treatment drugs appears to have been an intentional strategy to make the COVID shot — which is turning out to be extraordinarily hazardous to your health — the only alternative. How does the COVID "vaccine" tie into the theory that SARS-CoV-2 is a CCP bioweapon? Yan says:

"Definitely there is a clear connection between the vaccine and the CCP's strategies … Some people … try to explain that the vaccine will kill people, and therefore it is another bioweapon. But this is not an accurate reason. First China released the virus they developed in the military labs. This virus doesn't have a high death rate ... That's why I called it an unrestricted bioweapon. It looks like it's natural occurring.

Once you realize something is wrong, they use misinformation and denial to confuse you. So, when China released it — and China controls the scientific community to spread misinformation, and censored [information] to let people believe it's come from nature — what will people do?

They will think about drugs, the drugs they already have. The other way is a vaccine, because people are educated to accept a vaccine can end a pandemic.

In this case, useful drugs like hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin are so cheap. How could they use this to earn huge profits? The CCP also had a lot of stock shares from Pfizer, Moderna and other big pharmaceutical companies. Check the money they put in … And then big pharmaceutical companies, they all say, 'OK, now we can use this chance to make money.'"

Clearly, many who support and push the COVID shot know full well that they're bound to cause health problems. Yan herself was asked to work on a COVID vaccine but she declined after looking into the available science. No coronavirus vaccine has ever been released, despite scientists working on it for two decades.

The reason? The vaccines cause too many injuries. They're lethal. Yan did not believe these problems could be overcome for SARS-CoV-2. Peiris himself discovered antibody-dependent enhancement during efforts to develop a vaccine against the original SARS virus. Still, when money is being thrown at scientists, they're usually not going to turn it down.

Once you support mandate for two doses, then you have to support for the booster, and then support 60 boosters, 199 boosters. It will be endless. And you'll be tied into this [social] credit system you built. ~ Li-Meng Yan
    Vaccine Passports Will Usher in a Social Credit System
    Of course, the COVID shots and the vaccine passports also fit into the CCP agenda by making the whole world accept and adopt the CCP's social control system. The vaccine passports are clearly designed to usher in a social credit system like they have in China. And with that, you get 24/7 digital surveillance and an unbelievable amount of control over every single person.

As explained by Yan, in China, the digital surveillance system is so advanced, if your phone GPS shows you were near an infected person, you are automatically ordered into isolation.

What's more, if parents or grandparents fail to get the COVID shot, the family's children are barred from school, even if they got the shot. Every aspect of life is linked together through this system, so a poor social credit score will also have financial ramifications, and will dictate if, where and how you're allowed to travel.

Yan points out that Americans, being unaware of the Chinese surveillance system, don't understand that by agreeing with vaccine mandates and passports, they are saying yes to a total surveillance system that will dictate their entire lives. They're also saying yes to being guinea pigs for an endless stream of questionable vaccines.

"Once you support mandate for two doses, then you have to support for the booster, and then support 60 boosters, 199 boosters. It [will be] endless," she says. "And you'll be tied into this [social] credit system you built."

China Wants World Dominance by 2035

According to Yan, China's goal is to achieve world dominance by 2035. With that aim in mind, they've spent decades developing unrestricted bioweapons. With COVID-19, they're well on their way.

"They want to use all this to overcome the world, and America is their primary enemy," Yan says. "So we have to stand up for the future, for our next generations. We cannot keep silent. This will be the last chance we have to fight against such communist evil plans, and to save all of us. And, most importantly, we have to all work together to stop the next pandemic or attack that comes out of China …

[Just look at] what's happening in Hong Kong now. In two years, from 2019 until now, China destroyed the systems of law, democracy and freedom in Hong Kong. They also enacted national security laws. Basically, they own your privacy. They own your freedom, and you are forced to listen to them.

There is no reason they can't do whatever [they want] to you. Basically, you are a slave living in a modern society. No doubt, once China overcomes America, it will be the same here, and maybe worse because they will have other technology at that time."

When asked what actions Yan believes we need to take to resist and derail this plan, she says:

"I want Americans to know that, first, adults should realize the evilness of Communism, Maoism, Marxism, no matter what name it changes to … And once you realize that, speak out about it, because they are using propaganda to brainwash people, to brainwash the kids.

Also, you must let your policymakers, legislators, know this. I'm a foreigner, but you are an American citizen. You can vote, so you must let them understand the importance and push them to do something. Don't believe the Chinese government and don't give any mercy to the CCP.

Also, you have to update your own system. Study the weakness in your whole system, [the weakness that allows them] to divide America. Once you do all these things, hold them accountable and don't let them do more. That's the end of the pandemic."

You can follow Yan on Twitter for frequent updates and breaking information. Her only authentic Twitter account is @Dr.LiMengYan1.

Sources and References

1 Nature May 14, 2020; 583: 834-838
    2 Zenodo September 14, 2020
    3 Zenodo Review 2 September 24, 2020
    4 NPR July 19, 2021
    5 AP News July 15, 2021
    6 The Intercept September 6, 2021
    7 Science October 13, 2021

Also posted here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1461774
    Last edited by onawah; 7th November 2021 at 21:21.
    Each breath a gift...

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th November 2021), Dubsy (9th November 2021), Harmony (9th November 2021), Mashika (9th November 2021), Pam (8th November 2021), Peace in Oz (8th November 2021), Reinhard (8th November 2021), Sunny (7th November 2021)

35. Link to Post #278
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dubsy (here)
    Hi Jena.

Yes, I am still in China.

I've been here for the most part since 2006. I spent the first 3 years in Shanghai, which is the most 'foreigner friendly' city and the easiest place to live as an ex-pat, Western food is not hard to find for people that want that 'home from home' vibe and English is widely spoken.

I travelled to Chengdu in S/W China on a business trip with a Shanghai friend and instantly fell in love with the more chilled attitude to life the people have here.
    -- as opposed to the hustle and bustle of big city living. People here are well known for having good humor and are far more relaxed, with a liking for the more traditional pursuits, tea rooms, family, and the inescapable obsession for spicy food and eating outside .... even in the colder months.

As you know - Mao's long march ended in this region with a standoff, and took some time to 'conquer'.

There's still a touch of that rebel feel here, -- You dont see so much of the blatant in your face propaganda as you would in the eastern provinces. There's a large Tibetan population scattered around the area, which makes me smile. A testament to the more liberal attitudes and thinking of this part of China that I have come to enjoy.

Recently, I've moved even further out to a more rural/ mountainous local. One of the pro's of living here is the very good and reliable internet network, which makes it easy to work, even in some of the most out of the way places.

There has been a lot of chatter in the past week of food shortages and war. There's been a 'run' on vegetables, with supermarket shelves empty.
    That made me chuckle -- I cant help seeing the funny side in this -- The Chinese rush for vegetables in their shops and we in the western world fight for toilet paper.

I dont see much logic in an invasion of Taiwan at this time. Winter is here, which would make the task so much more difficult. China are more concerned with the window closing on an easy invasion, rather than waiting for Taiwan to obtain weaponry that could endanger Chinese cities, and those very vulnerable dams.

China is in a very bad place geographically to fight a more drawn out conflict. They are surrounded by allies of the US on all sides. -- Even Putin, who is making friendly gestures would not be comfortable with any aggressive territorial grabs. ( China are still making historical claims on parts of Russia ).

Here is a scenario that never seems to get much exposure ..........

80% of China's imported fuels have to travel through the narrow straits of Malacca Malaysia, before a dogleg north into the South China sea. -- The US and allies could win any drawn out conventional conflict without firing a shot.

They could threaten to sink any foreign tanker ship entering these waters - lay smart mines with the technology to pinpoint any ship defying the embargo, without having to directly confront China with their ships and aircraft.

China is a fragile country from a locational standpoint. It doesn't have the resources to be self sufficient in its growing energy demands compared to the likes of the US or Russia.

I hope you are doing fine, Jena, and rising above all your personal trials and tribulations .
    I hate all this constant rhetoric of wars and negativity ........ Let us hope our humanity and spirit can rise above all this.

Luv's, Dubsy
    Hi Dubsy,

Thank you for sharing long and insightful thoughs.

I am happy to know that you enjoy the life in China.

Well, though I am a Chinese, I only went to Shanghai once. I don't like the big city which is full of people and buildings. I like Yunnan much better.

Chengdu is famous for spicy hot pot. and the ladies are so beautiful in its place.

Sorry for letting you see the Chinese rush for vegetables in the supermarkets. Yes, I also asked my husband to prepare some, but he refused. He tells me that He trusts China and the government.

As you say, I am thinking about China's future. There are many unsure news on baidu from my phone. Some about the prophecy of the disaster, some are blood moon.

To Taiwan, I don't want to hear any war between us.

To US, because of the nice American friends, I still want to have a visit there.

Let us pray and ecourage each other spiritually to make peace on Mother Earth.

BTW...welcome to my hometown, I will treat you if you come.

Cheers.

Jena Wang

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th November 2021), Dubsy (9th November 2021), Franny (10th November 2021), Harmony (9th November 2021), I am B (9th November 2021), Mare (9th November 2021), Mashika (9th November 2021), Matthew (15th November 2021), onawah (8th November 2021), Pam (8th November 2021)

37. Link to Post #279
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Chinese property developer Kaisa says it needs external help to pay creditors

Tue 9 Nov 2021
    The company says it needs assistance to pay investors, workers and suppliers.

The National Development and Reform Commission of the People's Republic of China (NDRC) is the state planner, has held meetings with banks and property developers in Shenzen.

Reuters.

Here come the cavalry --------

Goldman Sachs is buying Chinese real estate debt

Tue 9 Nov 2021

Bloomberg with the info that Goldman Sachs Asset Management is buying China property debt.
    -- has been adding a “modest amount of risk” through high-yield bonds issued by China property developers and denominated in US dollars

............. Just a coincidence, I'm sure

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dubsy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th November 2021), Harmony (9th November 2021), I am B (9th November 2021), Mashika (9th November 2021), onawah (9th November 2021), Peace in Oz (9th November 2021)

39. Link to Post #280
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Panic Buying Sweeps China, ‘Zero COVID’ Policy Worsens the Situation | Food prices soaring
    11/9/21
    China Observer
    148K subscribers

"In recent days, panic buying has swept across many places in mainland China. The reason is that on November 1, China's Ministry of Commerce issued a notice, stating: “Families are encouraged to store a certain amount of necessities to meet the needs of daily life and emergencies”. The notice did not specify what the contingency was, but it caused anxiety among the public. So people in many places responded to the government's call to purchase and hoard living supplies. Videos circulating on the Internet show people snatching up rice and flour, with some buying 300 kilograms of rice at once. Some people rushed to buy vegetables, and some people bought pork half a pig at a time. Some people fought in the supermarket for goods, and others rushed to buy generators.
    The panic buying across China has driven up the prices of various food products. The prices of rice and flour have generally increased by more than 10%; the prices of cooking needs and condiments such as cooking oil, salt, sauce, and vinegar have generally increased by 10%-15%, with some increased by as much as 35%.
    Even though the Chinese authorities came out to stabilize everyone, folks have made various interpretations to the stockpile notice from the Ministry of Commerce.
    Some people believe the notice is related to the recent tense situation of the Taiwan Strait, suggesting that the Ministry of Commerce might be giving a hint that people should stockpile supplies in preparation for war.
    On November 6, the Australian news website News.com.au posted an article, saying that the supply stockpile notice, the armored vehicles in the city streets, and the notice for reserve veterans, seem to be a perfect combination of seemingly related events. It's no wonder that mainland China is flooded with claims this week that Beijing is about to invade Taiwan.
    However, it is also believed that the latest notification from the Ministry of Commerce is related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
    However, there is another interpretation of the Ministry of Commerce's notice. Overseas commentator Chen Pokong pointed out that the call for hoarding supplies is to stimulate domestic consumption. "
    Each breath a gift...

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alecs (10th November 2021), Bill Ryan (10th November 2021), fifi (10th November 2021), Harmony (10th November 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst 1 4 14 24 49 LastLast