Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,533 times in 2,553 posts

Default Re: Heart problems and arrhythmias

Quote Posted by suwesi (here)
    Hi,
    Quote Posted by Harmony (here)
    Potassium is usually the first mineral to consider wih the timing of your heart beat.
    Yes, definitely the first thing I would go for! Plus, as you said, electrolytes in general. Depending on her adrenals also sodium can be low (and make the symptoms stronger).
    (Especially if she FEELS the arrhythmia, I would go for Vitamin C + sodium + potassium a couple times a day).

Greetings
    S
    My sister wound up in the hospital twice with afib. Turned out her potassium was quite low, due to a blood pressure medicine she was taking that depletes potassium. Apparently, it had a diuretic component in it. She has not had a problem with it since she upped her potassium, and also magnesium. Electrolytes are so very important.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), EFO (17th July 2020), Franny (13th July 2020), Gracy (12th July 2020), Harmony (12th July 2020), Jayke (12th July 2020), Mashika (12th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Bill, The best thing Amy could do is an elimination diet. Start out with rice and water, which nobody is allergic to. Gradually add items until she finds out what is causing the heart problems. It will take several weeks, at least. But I suspect if she got off manufactured food right off, before attempting the elimination diet, the problem would clear up. As Michael Pollan said: 'Eat real food, mostly plants, not too much.'

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), Franny (13th July 2020), Gracy (12th July 2020), Jayke (12th July 2020), Mashika (14th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Bill, The best thing Amy could do is an elimination diet. Start out with rice and water, which nobody is allergic to. Gradually add items until she finds out what is causing the heart problems. It will take several weeks, at least. But I suspect if she got off manufactured food right off, before attempting the elimination diet, the problem would clear up. As Michael Pollan said: 'Eat real food, mostly plants, not too much.'
    I think food allergies and sensitivities are things that are HIGHLY overlooked, but if she's got something like a potassium deficiency, wouldn't that make it worse?

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Anka (13th November 2020), Bill Ryan (12th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), EFO (17th July 2020), Franny (13th July 2020), Gracy (12th July 2020), Harmony (13th July 2020), Jayke (12th July 2020), Mashika (14th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    I think food allergies and sensitivities are things that are HIGHLY overlooked, but if she's got something like a potassium deficiency, wouldn't that make it worse?
    Eat a banana. Then go on an elimination diet.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), Franny (13th July 2020), Gracy (13th July 2020), Mashika (14th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #45
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Maybe a good wholistic practitioner who also practices kinesiology might be in a better position to pinpoint the actual problem. Otherwise, it all becomes a needle in a haystack, type thing Masha.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), EFO (17th July 2020), Franny (13th July 2020), Gracy (13th July 2020), Harmony (13th July 2020), Jayke (13th July 2020), Mashika (14th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Sasha Alisa, I wish I could have responded sooner, but I wanted to double-check any kind of suggestions I could give you as well as find a couple recipes. I have few general, herbal suggestions for heart health that you might find helpful. These are "tonics," which simply means that they're best used long-term to nourish and strengthen your body and its systems. I do hope all this doesn't overwhelm you.

First, rose hips and hibiscus are two very safe, easily available herbs and are some of the first I would look to for anything heart related. There are no known safety issues or contraindications for these. And they taste delicious: slightly sweet and sour. They combine well with many things. So for anyone having heart issues, this is a good place to start if you're looking for herbal support. Try drinking a couple cups of tea per day with these.

For you, if you can, I would add in violet (viola spp.) leaves and/or flowers. I personally find the combination of violet, rosehips, and hibiscus to make a delicious tea, one of the few that I don't need to add honey to! (I tend to have a bit of a sweet tooth.) One of the common names for violet is "heartsease," and that is due to its ability to "comfort and strengthen" the heart. Violet is also something I think might help ease some of the anxiety with relation to your heart condition.

Violet Safety
    Some people are sensitive to violets and may experience a mild burning sensation in the throat after consumption, especially when consuming the raw plant (e.g., in a salad) (Bergo, n.d.). Violet roots are poisonous to humans and should not be ingested (Brill & Dean, 1994). Violet should not be consumed by people with the rare disorder glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, as the herb can aggravate hemolytic anemia (Blankespoor, 2016).

Hawthorn is generally consider by herbalists to be the herb of choice for heart issues of all kinds. The only reason that I did not mention it first is that it may affect any medication you might be on. However, it is generally considered to be very safe. If you can add this in too, I certainly recommend it!
    Hawthorn Safety
    It was originally thought that hawthorn may potentiate cardiac drugs and may lower the required dosage (Hoffmann, 2003; Blumenthal, 2003), and therefore be unsafe for those taking heart medications. A 2008 two-year study of 900 cardiac patients on standard drug therapy for heart disease including ACE inhibitors and beta-blockers, as well as hawthorn leaf/flower extract, found that hawthorn could be safely taken with other heart medications (Holubarsch et al., 2008). In addition, Walker et al. (2006) report that hawthorn does not contain cardioactive glycosides as once thought by some. However, all heart patients should speak with their physician before taking hawthorn extracts. Some say the seeds may be toxic because of trace amounts of cyanogenic glycosides (also found in apple seeds), but others disagree (Masé, 2010). Care should be taken not to be pricked by the thorns found along hawthorn branches. They may cause infection or septic arthritis (Francis et al., 2011).
    Ginkgo is a tonic often used for circulation and vascular support, for anything related to circulation and nerves. Part of the way it works is due to its anticoagulant properties. (With what has been discovered about the clotting properties of the coronavirus, everyone might want to consider adding this to their anti-covid repertoire.) Two things to keep in mind: First, ginkgo's properties are best extracted through alcohol instead of water. Second, while it is a tonic herb and generally considered safe, safety in relation to its anticoagulant properties needs to be considered.

Ginkgo Safety
    Because ginkgo acts as an anticoagulant, there has been concern expressed in the literature about its potential interaction with blood-thinning pharmaceutical drugs, such as Warfarin (coumadin). Another concern is that ginkgo affects the pharmacokinetics of digoxin, speeding up its metabolism (Spelman, 2010), and that it may potentiate MAO inhibitors and papaverine (Brinker, 1998).

So here is a recipe for a Cardio Support Tea omit whatever you don't care to include:
    • 2 cups boiling water
    • 2 Tablespoons fresh, chopped violet leaf (and/or flowers) (or 1 teaspoon dried)
    • 1 whole hibiscus calyx or 1 tsp dried chopped hibiscus calyx
    • 1 tsp dried rose hips
    • 1 tsp dried hawthorn berries
    Pour the water over the herbs. Steep for 10-20 minutes. Strain, and drink. Drink this every day to several times a week.

Here are a couple recipes that I pulled from one of my books. I recommend the Hawthorn-Ginkgo Heart-Brain Tonic. Personally, I make this with persimmons instead of the plum and raspberries--because I have access to fresh, homegrown persimmons. So feel free to substitute the fruit as you like.

I have not tried the Heart's Ease Tea. Mainly, because I know that ginkgo does best in alcohol extraction and also because motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca) is rather bitter tasting, so I would use that in a tincture form where I could get my "medicine" rather quickly instead of drinking a whole cup of tea with it.

Motherwort Safety
    Do not use during pregnancy as it stimulates mild uterine contractions. Consult your doctor before taking motherwort if taking cardiac medications as motherwort may interfere (Hoffman, 2003). Motherwort is contraindicated for women with endometriosis or fibroids (Weed, 2008) and for those with hypothyroidism (Eich, 2009)

I would recommend the above for anyone else who is having heart issues, keeping in mind any possible contraindications (not likely with any of these herbs! but it does happen, especially if you are on pharmaceutical medication).

Oh, one more thing. If possible, you could try wearing a jade or rose quartz pendent with the stone against your skin and as close to your heart as possible. You will want to clean them periodically (just ask that if you're not familiar with it). Just a thought.

Again, all of these suggestions are not meant for acute treatment, but for long-term support. I do hope you're feeling better soon!

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Anka (13th November 2020), Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Constance (14th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), EFO (17th July 2020), Franny (13th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Jayke (13th July 2020), Mashika (14th July 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th November 2020), Wind (14th July 2020), wondering (14th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Hi all!

Nice post Sarah!

Adding to my post on page one concerning the plant Hawthorn which has the reputation of being a heart regulator!

I would not recommend to use this in conjunction with other medications!

My mother in law had high blood pressure and used Hawthorn (3X 500mg capsules a day) for a week while continuing her usual medication!

The effect was a spectacular lowering of her blood pressure. So much so that it scared her! So she stopped using it.

I recommend that if you decide to you use it, at least reduce dosage of your medications or simply do not take them while experimenting with it!

As with any new substance that you ingest for the first time, look for signs of your inner Shaman to feel if this does the job for your body.

Hope this helps also!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Stardad For This Post:

Anka (13th November 2020), Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Constance (14th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), Franny (14th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Jayke (14th July 2020), Mashika (14th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (13th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020), wondering (14th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 times in 461 posts

The Coca Pulse Test is a simple way to discern food issues. Here’s how it works: You place one ingredient on your tongue, measure your pulse, and compare it to your resting pulse rate. If your pulse significantly increases or decreases, the food is stressing your nervous system and altering your heartbeat.

Blessings Luke
    Attached Images  

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Constance (14th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), Franny (18th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Jayke (14th July 2020), Mashika (14th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020), wondering (14th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #49
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Sasha Alisa, I wish I could have responded sooner, but I wanted to double-check any kind of suggestions I could give you as well as find a couple recipes. I have few general, herbal suggestions for heart health that you might find helpful. These are "tonics," which simply means that they're best used long-term to nourish and strengthen your body and its systems. I do hope all this doesn't overwhelm you.

First, rose hips and hibiscus are two very safe, easily available herbs and are some of the first I would look to for anything heart related. There are no known safety issues or contraindications for these. And they taste delicious: slightly sweet and sour. They combine well with many things. So for anyone having heart issues, this is a good place to start if you're looking for herbal support. Try drinking a couple cups of tea per day with these.

For you, if you can, I would add in violet (viola spp.) leaves and/or flowers. I personally find the combination of violet, rosehips, and hibiscus to make a delicious tea, one of the few that I don't need to add honey to! (I tend to have a bit of a sweet tooth.) One of the common names for violet is "heartsease," and that is due to its ability to "comfort and strengthen" the heart. Violet is also something I think might help ease some of the anxiety with relation to your heart condition.

Violet Safety
    Some people are sensitive to violets and may experience a mild burning sensation in the throat after consumption, especially when consuming the raw plant (e.g., in a salad) (Bergo, n.d.). Violet roots are poisonous to humans and should not be ingested (Brill & Dean, 1994). Violet should not be consumed by people with the rare disorder glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, as the herb can aggravate hemolytic anemia (Blankespoor, 2016).

Hawthorn is generally consider by herbalists to be the herb of choice for heart issues of all kinds. The only reason that I did not mention it first is that it may affect any medication you might be on. However, it is generally considered to be very safe. If you can add this in too, I certainly recommend it!
    Hawthorn Safety
    It was originally thought that hawthorn may potentiate cardiac drugs and may lower the required dosage (Hoffmann, 2003; Blumenthal, 2003), and therefore be unsafe for those taking heart medications. A 2008 two-year study of 900 cardiac patients on standard drug therapy for heart disease including ACE inhibitors and beta-blockers, as well as hawthorn leaf/flower extract, found that hawthorn could be safely taken with other heart medications (Holubarsch et al., 2008). In addition, Walker et al. (2006) report that hawthorn does not contain cardioactive glycosides as once thought by some. However, all heart patients should speak with their physician before taking hawthorn extracts. Some say the seeds may be toxic because of trace amounts of cyanogenic glycosides (also found in apple seeds), but others disagree (Masé, 2010). Care should be taken not to be pricked by the thorns found along hawthorn branches. They may cause infection or septic arthritis (Francis et al., 2011).
    Ginkgo is a tonic often used for circulation and vascular support, for anything related to circulation and nerves. Part of the way it works is due to its anticoagulant properties. (With what has been discovered about the clotting properties of the coronavirus, everyone might want to consider adding this to their anti-covid repertoire.) Two things to keep in mind: First, ginkgo's properties are best extracted through alcohol instead of water. Second, while it is a tonic herb and generally considered safe, safety in relation to its anticoagulant properties needs to be considered.

Ginkgo Safety
    Because ginkgo acts as an anticoagulant, there has been concern expressed in the literature about its potential interaction with blood-thinning pharmaceutical drugs, such as Warfarin (coumadin). Another concern is that ginkgo affects the pharmacokinetics of digoxin, speeding up its metabolism (Spelman, 2010), and that it may potentiate MAO inhibitors and papaverine (Brinker, 1998).

So here is a recipe for a Cardio Support Tea omit whatever you don't care to include:
    • 2 cups boiling water
    • 2 Tablespoons fresh, chopped violet leaf (and/or flowers) (or 1 teaspoon dried)
    • 1 whole hibiscus calyx or 1 tsp dried chopped hibiscus calyx
    • 1 tsp dried rose hips
    • 1 tsp dried hawthorn berries
    Pour the water over the herbs. Steep for 10-20 minutes. Strain, and drink. Drink this every day to several times a week.

Here are a couple recipes that I pulled from one of my books. I recommend the Hawthorn-Ginkgo Heart-Brain Tonic. Personally, I make this with persimmons instead of the plum and raspberries--because I have access to fresh, homegrown persimmons. So feel free to substitute the fruit as you like.

I have not tried the Heart's Ease Tea. Mainly, because I know that ginkgo does best in alcohol extraction and also because motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca) is rather bitter tasting, so I would use that in a tincture form where I could get my "medicine" rather quickly instead of drinking a whole cup of tea with it.

Motherwort Safety
    Do not use during pregnancy as it stimulates mild uterine contractions. Consult your doctor before taking motherwort if taking cardiac medications as motherwort may interfere (Hoffman, 2003). Motherwort is contraindicated for women with endometriosis or fibroids (Weed, 2008) and for those with hypothyroidism (Eich, 2009)

I would recommend the above for anyone else who is having heart issues, keeping in mind any possible contraindications (not likely with any of these herbs! but it does happen, especially if you are on pharmaceutical medication).

Oh, one more thing. If possible, you could try wearing a jade or rose quartz pendent with the stone against your skin and as close to your heart as possible. You will want to clean them periodically (just ask that if you're not familiar with it). Just a thought.

Again, all of these suggestions are not meant for acute treatment, but for long-term support. I do hope you're feeling better soon!
    Hi!

Thank you for all this info, it does feel like i need some time to get through it but seems very valuable. After all i have read here i did realize that my doctors are just going along with their script or what they are supposed to say based on what they know, but they won't look deeply way more than that. So this is very valuable information for me, i can't just sit here waiting to die LOL, i need to know more and i need to control this problem.

I have this feeling now that it's a bit empowering me, that i have other paths, and i have started looking into it now, for the past months i was completely lost and i did not get any answers that would be good for me. I never, and still don't feel well, still having those bad terrible lapses of pain and completely going unstable for hours and hours, destroying all my days.

But now i feel more positive because of how much support i got here on Avalon, even when it was "Amy" LOL, But thanks to that, i dared to talk to my mom and come forward for once, and tell her that i need her to help me at least once. I spoke up and she actually listened to me and her attitude was way better than i had ever expected, so now i have some support other than some doctors who really could not care less in the end
    Last edited by Mashika; 14th July 2020 at 12:09.
    Tired

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Constance (16th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), EFO (17th July 2020), Franny (18th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Jayke (14th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th July 2020), thepainterdoug (14th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Just to confirm, i again took a 10,000 unit vit 3 D the other day. That night I had the left chest pain, discomfort again. Pulse normal at 60 bpm. Felt fine but chest pain. I do believe its the vit d 3 ,for some reason. perhaps too big a dose?

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Anka (14th July 2020), Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Jayke (14th July 2020), Mashika (14th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

21. Link to Post #51
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I don't know but 10,000UI seems excessive. That's over twenty times what I take. My dose is small but yours is very high. It could even be dangerous if you do it over successive days. D3 is fat soluble and so stays in the system much longer than water soluble vitamins like C.

Be careful

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Anka (14th July 2020), Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), Jayke (16th July 2020), Mashika (14th July 2020), Stardad (14th July 2020), thepainterdoug (15th July 2020), Wind (14th July 2020)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Hi all (again!)

It's a first for me to post 3 times on a given subject!

Regarding vitamin D3! In some ways I agree with Ernie, but let me modulate that in a context.

During summer, we North Americans take in more sun and therefore make our own vitamin D!

Taking and additional 10000 UI in supplement form is overkill and may cause complications.

I personally do not take any vitamin D supplements from June to September!

Yes you accumulate this lipo soluble vitamin in your body fat so that it supports your immune system and makes you resistant to viral and other infections!

From October on, it`s a good idea to start taking vitamin D in small doses (like 1000 ui) and increasing the intake to 3000 to 5000 ui daily during the winter months!

Combined with a healthy, balanced diet, this will make your immune system able to cope with viruses and infections the Natural way which is much superior to relying on vaccines or other protocols.

During winter, I also use natural oils both internally and externally when I feel a cold or flu is trying to manifest!

But! Coming back to topic, protection from EM fields is also important for reducing arrythmia heart problems. I use Tachyon pendants to harmonize those emissions and make it a point to unplug appliances when not in use and unplug my modem at night to eliminate WI-Fi! This makes sleep a much better experience.

Hope this helps (again)

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stardad For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), Franny (18th July 2020), Jayke (16th July 2020), Mashika (14th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th July 2020), thepainterdoug (15th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #53
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Stardad (here)
    Hi all (again!)

It's a first for me to post 3 times on a given subject!

Regarding vitamin D3! In some ways I agree with Ernie, but let me modulate that in a context.

During summer, we North Americans take in more sun and therefore make our own vitamin D!

Taking and additional 10000 UI in supplement form is overkill and may cause complications.

I personally do not take any vitamin D supplements from June to September!

Yes you accumulate this lipo soluble vitamin in your body fat so that it supports your immune system and makes you resistant to viral and other infections!

From October on, it`s a good idea to start taking vitamin D in small doses (like 1000 ui) and increasing the intake to 3000 to 5000 ui daily during the winter months!

Combined with a healthy, balanced diet, this will make your immune system able to cope with viruses and infections the Natural way which is much superior to relying on vaccines or other protocols.

During winter, I also use natural oils both internally and externally when I feel a cold or flu is trying to manifest!
    I can't stand heat, or the sun, i am extremely pale Way to much so it seems as if i go out for a while into the sun, or to parks or pools i get burned very very badly, so i'm not sure how this affects me, i may be on the wrong place as i assume before because i rely a lot, and i mean like 20 hours a day, of AC. I can't basically go out at this time, but i do on winter for sure

Quote But! Coming back to topic, protection from EM fields is also important for reducing arrythmia heart problems. I use Tachyon pendants to harmonize those emissions and make it a point to unplug appliances when not in use and unplug my modem at night to eliminate WI-Fi! This makes sleep a much better experience.
    Hope this helps (again)
    I guess the problem for me is that i work and way before i had any work i was studying computer science, so i have a lab on my aprtment and its like 5 computers and two routers and such, so lots of wifi around, it's my job plus my own personal projects, so i would have to give up on my current life to avoid this. Very difficult choice right now :S

Maybe i got trapped into the situation a lot of people talk about.. "You are so deep into it that you would die if it goes away" LOL

But i don't have a TV, never had one since i left home at 14 or so (Well i did have a couple TVs but those were for playing xbox and such, never had a cable subscription is more like i meant) i only had a laptop and then a cell phone, but now i do live immersed in a lab full of computers all over the place, my living room looks like a Matrix movie scene LMAO!

After all i'm reading i really started questioning lots of things now
    Last edited by Mashika; 16th July 2020 at 10:44.
    Tired

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Anka (17th July 2020), Bill Ryan (16th July 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), EFO (17th July 2020), Franny (18th July 2020), Harmony (16th July 2020), Jayke (16th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (16th July 2020), Stardad (16th July 2020), wegge (16th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,755 times in 2,614 posts

https://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/...unlight-eating

Here is a link that explains how you can put mushrooms out in the sunshine for a while and they will go through a process to create a healthy type of Vitamin D2.

In the winter you can also use UV lights indoors. ☺

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Anka (17th July 2020), Bill Ryan (16th July 2020), EFO (17th July 2020), Franny (18th July 2020), Jayke (16th July 2020), Mashika (17th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (17th July 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th November 2020)

29. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here is a link that explains how you can put mushrooms out in the sunshine for a while and they will go through a process to create a healthy type of Vitamin D2.

How cool! I just bought a variety of mushrooms, maybe I will "sun" then a bit before I use them!

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Anka (17th July 2020), Bill Ryan (17th July 2020), EFO (17th July 2020), Franny (18th July 2020), Harmony (18th July 2020), Hym (17th July 2020), Mashika (17th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #56
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

How cool! I just bought a variety of mushrooms, maybe I will "sun" then a bit before I use them!
    Totally off topic but i just wanted to mention how funny i find when words like "sun" are used this way, it's so cool, English is a very cool language. I remember when i was not able to understand why people used some words like that, but now that i get it it's so funny :D

"Let's sun the hell out of those mushrooms"

LMAO
    Tired

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2020), Franny (18th July 2020), Harmony (18th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

I'm a little late to the party but I wanted to second the good advice offered here:

and elsewhere in the thread regarding gluten or other food intolerance. I suffered from AF and chronic chest pains for years. Having been 'cleared' by a cardiologist after completing a 24hr trace and sonar check I was effectively told to get on with it.

Many years later I went on an elimination diet for unrelated reasons and in the process my heart issues stopped along with a plethora of other symptoms which I'd never connected as being related. Whether the heart issues were related to the gluten intake reducing my capacity to process potassium was a question I never got resolved. I tested negative for coeliac after a challenge, but after my bodies reaction to going back on gluten I had all the evidence I needed and there's nothing that medicine would do with a positive diagnosis other than tell me to avoid gluten so that was the end of that.

A strict gluten and dairy free diet has done wonders for my health, if not my choice of restaurants! I still get the occasional reminder now, which I think may be down to tiny amounts of cross contamination which sometimes occur even if you're being super careful.

Of course what worked for me, may not work for others, but I found personal testimony very useful when tracking down my own issues with food intolerance and hopefully the same may be true for others. Certainly when faced with the initially daunting prospect of losing a lot of favoured food (and drink ) then it helped to see that for others it was a price more than worth paying.

Wishing Amy and anyone else who has suffered from this sincere best wishes.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2020), Harmony (6th November 2020), Mashika (6th November 2020), Strat (6th November 2020)

35. Link to Post #58
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    I'm a little late to the party but I wanted to second the good advice offered here:

and elsewhere in the thread regarding gluten or other food intolerance. I suffered from AF and chronic chest pains for years. Having been 'cleared' by a cardiologist after completing a 24hr trace and sonar check I was effectively told to get on with it.

Many years later I went on an elimination diet for unrelated reasons and in the process my heart issues stopped along with a plethora of other symptoms which I'd never connected as being related. Whether the heart issues were related to the gluten intake reducing my capacity to process potassium was a question I never got resolved. I tested negative for coeliac after a challenge, but after my bodies reaction to going back on gluten I had all the evidence I needed and there's nothing that medicine would do with a positive diagnosis other than tell me to avoid gluten so that was the end of that.

A strict gluten and dairy free diet has done wonders for my health, if not my choice of restaurants! I still get the occasional reminder now, which I think may be down to tiny amounts of cross contamination which sometimes occur even if you're being super careful.

Of course what worked for me, may not work for others, but I found personal testimony very useful when tracking down my own issues with food intolerance and hopefully the same may be true for others. Certainly when faced with the initially daunting prospect of losing a lot of favoured food (and drink ) then it helped to see that for others it was a price more than worth paying.

Wishing Amy and anyone else who has suffered from this sincere best wishes.

Thanks for your kind advice and perspective Journeyman

It is very unfortunate that it doesn't work for others the same as for me, In my case, i stilll have lots of issues, regardless of diet and all cares, i still suddenly have to go emergency room in bad ways from time and again

Just had another episode a couple days ago, no matter what it keeps happening and no diet or doctor has been able to fix it, i'm "Amy" by the way

I guess is just that i can't keep going this way, but my body somehow got damaged

I have been testing lots of things, most came from this thread, i still was not able to get into a good track after a time. Even after feeling well for a few weeks, i come back to feeling terrible again, and tons of pain sometimes, i'm just like this

I don't really mind, i understand this, i am very thankful for all the help and care i got and still get. You go forward as much as you can, right? if you get to 90, you got to 90, or whatever, So it's just a matter of keep going strong, so far nothing has made it better but i don't give up, that's a primary thing, to never give up

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2020), Did You See Them (6th November 2020), Harmony (6th November 2020), wegge (6th November 2020), Wind (7th November 2020)

37. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Really sorry to hear this. Not much advice I could give other than the obvious stuff which you surely already know about (diet and exercise). I hesitate suggesting exercise other than walking and even that sounds sketchy considering you said you've passed out before. I have epilepsy and I know what it's like to lose consciousness randomly, your face catches your fall. I had an extremely graphic experience with this many years ago I had to clean up so much of my blood I could smell it, it was awful.

If your doctors give you the go ahead to work out then you can work out from your home. I have a few different routines that I can post that don't require any weights. It was exercises we did in wrestling to improve cardio, it's tough but you can adjust it accordingly.

Have you tried different cardiologists? I assume you've had an ECG/EKG? Have you had an ambulatory ECG to attempt to narrow down the problem? Do you have high BP? Kinda sounds like you have low BP. The fainting is very concerning have you told your docs about this?

I'm sorry I can't help. I can't relate to your health issues but I do have health issues of my own and I can relate to having your body quit on you when you should be in your physical prime. I played sports all through high school and practiced martial arts as well. I had to eventually quit martial arts years after high school due to my health and it was tough to deal with mentally (this may have been my own fault, long story). I wish you the best, if you ever need someone to talk to then feel free to contact me.

I'm rooting for you!
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Anka (13th November 2020), Bill Ryan (6th November 2020), Harmony (6th November 2020), Mashika (6th November 2020), Wind (7th November 2020)

39. Link to Post #60
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Really sorry to hear this. Not much advice I could give other than the obvious stuff which you surely already know about (diet and exercise). I hesitate suggesting exercise other than walking and even that sounds sketchy considering you said you've passed out before. I have epilepsy and I know what it's like to lose consciousness randomly, your face catches your fall. I had an extremely graphic experience with this many years ago I had to clean up so much of my blood I could smell it, it was awful.

If your doctors give you the go ahead to work out then you can work out from your home. I have a few different routines that I can post that don't require any weights. It was exercises we did in wrestling to improve cardio, it's tough but you can adjust it accordingly.

Have you tried different cardiologists? I assume you've had an ECG/EKG? Have you had an ambulatory ECG to attempt to narrow down the problem? Do you have high BP? Kinda sounds like you have low BP. The fainting is very concerning have you told your docs about this?

I'm sorry I can't help. I can't relate to your health issues but I do have health issues of my own and I can relate to having your body quit on you when you should be in your physical prime. I played sports all through high school and practiced martial arts as well. I had to eventually quit martial arts years after high school due to my health and it was tough to deal with mentally (this may have been my own fault, long story). I wish you the best, if you ever need someone to talk to then feel free to contact me.

I'm rooting for you!
    Quote I had to eventually quit martial arts years after high school due to my health and it was tough to deal with mentally
    Totally going through that right now

Quote Have you tried different cardiologists? I assume you've had an ECG/EKG? Have you had an ambulatory ECG to attempt to narrow down the problem?
    I had switched a few times, no one has been able to do anything for real, it just lasts for a while then i go back to bad times, it's just what it is at this moment, i have lapses every now and then, my aunt spent more than what i can say on that for years and nothing came out of it, then i finally went to waste and did not care at all, then i asked here as you see, and it went well for a while, but eventually it came back, it's just what it is at this time

I had low BP a lot of times before, but i was trying to keep up with my previous routines, it just wasn't what i needed at the time but i forced myself, and it harmed me bad

I also stopped and then went all the way up, gained weight and then went to high blood pressure, but i'm very skinny so it was killing me badly (the fast going from very skinny to normal size) and i finally found the middle way, so i was not feeling bad, but still eventually i started waking up with pain on my chest, and sometimes when out with friends would be the same and i would just go home to rest. It's terrible to wake up at 4 am feeling pain like that, it completely destroys confidence and anything in your mind at the time

Quote I wish you the best, if you ever need someone to talk to then feel free to contact me.
    I keep going strong no matter what, no worry

Thank you
    Last edited by Mashika; 6th November 2020 at 11:30.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2020), Harmony (6th November 2020), Strat (6th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (6th November 2020), thepainterdoug (6th November 2020), Wind (7th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast