Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: Heart problems and arrhythmias

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks
    Thanked 475,135 times in 34,058 posts

Default Re: Heart problems and arrhythmias

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    What are all the optimum general heart health supplements? I take CoQ10, fish oil, and C60, as well as magnesium and all kinds of other minerals and vitamins.
    Bill, I have read numerous people stating that Fish Oil/Omega 3 supplements are not healthy. I personally do not know enough to make a call on it but it might be something worth researching a little more.

Note the post below mentions cardiovascular disease.

VERY interesting, thanks.

Here's the full text of the tweet:

~~~
    You should NEVER take fish oil unless you have a death wish

OR you're a marine creature in the Arctic climate with a body temp of 0-4 degrees Celsius.

Omega 3s (PUFAs) in fish oil deteriorate and oxidise at room temperature.

So think about the human body temp.

Ditch your fish oil supp immediately.

Let me explain:

The oxidation and deterioration of PUFAs leads to the formation of VERY harmful compounds such as lipid peroxides. These peroxides cause oxidative stress and inflammation in the body, causing damage to cells, tissues, and even DNA. Oxidised PUFAs also generate free radicals, which further contribute to oxidative damage. This process is implicated in various (if not the vast majority of) health issues, including (but not limited to) metabolic disorders; cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative conditions, cancers, inflammatory conditions, etc.

Questions for anyone:
    1. Is this good information?
    2. Would the same argument be made against Krill Oil?
    3. If this IS good information, what's a recommended alternative?

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (18th March 2024), EsmaEverheart (17th March 2024), Harmony (18th March 2024), haroldsails (17th March 2024), Mari (17th March 2024), palehorse (19th March 2024), pueblo (17th March 2024), Rosencross (18th March 2024), Stephanie (28th March 2024), tessie999 (17th March 2024), Tintin (18th March 2024), wondering (17th March 2024), Yoda (17th March 2024)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks
    Thanked 136,402 times in 13,864 posts

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    What are all the optimum general heart health supplements? I take CoQ10, fish oil, and C60, as well as magnesium and all kinds of other minerals and vitamins.
    Bill, I have read numerous people stating that Fish Oil/Omega 3 supplements are not healthy. I personally do not know enough to make a call on it but it might be something worth researching a little more.

Note the post below mentions cardiovascular disease.

VERY interesting, thanks.

Here's the full text of the tweet:

~~~
    You should NEVER take fish oil unless you have a death wish

OR you're a marine creature in the Arctic climate with a body temp of 0-4 degrees Celsius.

Omega 3s (PUFAs) in fish oil deteriorate and oxidise at room temperature.

So think about the human body temp.

Ditch your fish oil supp immediately.

Let me explain:

The oxidation and deterioration of PUFAs leads to the formation of VERY harmful compounds such as lipid peroxides. These peroxides cause oxidative stress and inflammation in the body, causing damage to cells, tissues, and even DNA. Oxidised PUFAs also generate free radicals, which further contribute to oxidative damage. This process is implicated in various (if not the vast majority of) health issues, including (but not limited to) metabolic disorders; cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative conditions, cancers, inflammatory conditions, etc.

Questions for anyone:
    1. Is this good information?
    2. Would the same argument be made against Krill Oil?
    3. If this IS good information, what's a recommended alternative?
    Because of the above I did some research and found this article on the net that says Omega3 supplementation can elevate risk of atrial fibrillation. I don’t know how reliable this article is but here it is,

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/newsroo...-fibrillation/

Omega-3 Supplements Could Elevate Risk of Atrial Fibrillation

New research from the Smidt Heart Institute shows more than 1 gram of fish oil a day can increase risk of atrial fibrillation. Photo by Getty.
    Smidt Heart Institute researchers have found that taking high doses of fish oil supplements—specifically one gram or more per day—may increase the risk of developing atrial fibrillation, an abnormal heart rhythm disturbance with potentially serious complications. The new study was published today in the peer-reviewed journal of the American Heart Association Circulation.

Atrial fibrillation is the most common type of abnormal heart rhythm, causing the heart to contract irregularly and, sometimes, too quickly. It is estimated to affect 33 million people worldwide and can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications.

According to the 2012 National Health Interview Survey, it is estimated that 7.8 percent of American adults, almost 19 million people, take fish oil supplements.

Recent research led by Christine M. Albert, MD, MPH, a professor of Cardiology and chair of the Department of Cardiology in the Smidt Heart Institute, suggested neither vitamin D nor the omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil prevent the development of atrial fibrillation. However, other clinical trials conducted outside of Cedars-Sinai pointed to an elevated risk of developing atrial fibrillation in patients treated with omega-3 fatty acids, causing confusion among clinicians and patients alike.

To further explore the potential reasons for differences between the results of these studies, Albert and team performed a meta-analysis, which combines the results of multiple scientific studies. This analytical comparison between studies suggested that the risk of developing atrial fibrillation is dependent on the dose of omega-3 fatty acids.

Although there's strong evidence that omega-3 fatty acids can significantly reduce blood triglyceride levels and arthritis pain, most experts agree it's best to get omega-3 fatty acids from eating fish several times a week.

“Our goal was to bring clarity, answers and actionable information to the broader medical field and to patients,” said Albert, the Lee and Harold Kapelovitz Distinguished Chair in Cardiology. “In this instance, the results suggest that there may not be a straightforward answer to, ‘Is fish oil good or bad for atrial fibrillation?’ but instead, the answer may depend on the dose.”

Data

Key highlights from the research study include:

Data was reviewed from 81,210 patients enrolled in seven clinical trials, including one conducted at Cedars-Sinai. The average age of patients enrolled in these trials was 65 and 39% were women.
    Out of these patients, 72.6% were in clinical trials testing less than or equal to one gram of omega-3 fatty acids per day and 27.4% were enrolled in clinical trials testing more than one gram of the supplement per day.
    Patients who took more than one gram per day of omega-3 fatty acids had a 49% increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation, compared to just 12% of patients who took one gram or less of the supplement per day.
    Treatment Recommendations

Now armed with this information, Albert has recommendations for clinicians, researchers and patients.

If clinicians offer high-dose omega-3 fatty acid supplements, Albert says they should first discuss the potential risk of developing atrial fibrillation, and patients should be informed about the potential signs and symptoms of the condition so an early diagnosis can be made and coupled with appropriate treatment.

Researchers, Albert says, should systematically monitor patients for atrial fibrillation and related adverse outcomes to better define risk-to-benefit ratios in studies examining the effects of omega-3 fatty acid supplements.

“For patients, the risk of developing atrial fibrillation appears to be relatively small for those taking one gram or less of fish oil per day,” said Albert. “Taking more than one gram of fish oil per day is something you should only do following your doctors’ advice.”

The study, which combined previously published results, was unable to determine whether there are patients that might be more susceptible to developing atrial fibrillation when taking fish oil.

The risk of developing atrial fibrillation increases with age and is more common in men than in women. In addition to age and gender, additional risk factors include high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, heart failure, heart valve defects, obesity and diabetes.

The condition is also more likely to happen during an infection or right after surgery. Stress, caffeine and alcohol may also set off attacks. People who do a lot of repeated vigorous endurance exercises, such as running marathons, can also develop atrial fibrillation. How fish oil may alter the risk of atrial fibrillation in marathon runners or in individuals with other risk factors remains unknown.
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
    - - - - Emily Elizabeth Dickinson. 🪶💜

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2024), Harmony (18th March 2024), haroldsails (17th March 2024), Miller (17th March 2024), pueblo (17th March 2024), pyrangello (17th March 2024), Rosencross (18th March 2024), Stephanie (28th March 2024), tessie999 (17th March 2024), wondering (17th March 2024), Yoda (17th March 2024)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,371 times in 2,297 posts

It seems much of the 'noise' I am picking up around the dangers of fish oils is due to the processing they undergo, as well as the elevated levels of PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids) along with the fact that fish oils are prone to oxidation.

Fish in general are now associated with high levels of heavy metals, like mercury, arsenic, cadmium and lead. The larger and longer living the fish the greater the concentration of these contaminants. It makes sense that these may also be in your fish oil supplements.

Like so many things in the health sphere there is much conflicting evidence and differing of 'expert' opinions!

Flaxseed oil, rich in Omega 3 is apparently a good substitute for fish oil though your flaxseed may be full of Glyphosate!!!

Dr. Cate Shanahan article 'Should I take Fish Oil Supplements?"

https://drcate.com/should-i-take-fis...its-and-harms/

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2024), Harmony (18th March 2024), haroldsails (17th March 2024), Miller (20th March 2024), palehorse (19th March 2024), Rosencross (18th March 2024), Stephanie (28th March 2024), wondering (17th March 2024)

7. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member RMF808's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 times in 218 posts

Hi, Folks: this is a thread on behalf of a dear young friend. (Personally, I'm fine! )

My friend (I'll call her Amy) is in her early 20s, and has intermittent arrhythmia with no known cause. Sometimes her pulse is just in the high normal range (like 90-100), but just won't slow down. Doctors tell her not to worry, but of course that's just what she does — and that's 100% understandable.

Young people are supposed to be "healthy"! And of course this concerns her a great deal. Belief about one's own condition can be a powerful stressor that can (paradoxically) have a negative feedback effect on one's health. It can be hard to pull out of.

Amy's wondering if anyone else has (or had!) these kinds of issues, and how they've handled them. She's extremely bright, reads many Avalon threads, and is open to any advice of any kind.

She's genuinely concerned her heart might give out. I've told her that no way will that happen, but of course the worry continues. (Hearts are important! )

~~~

I might be able to start by sharing something myself. (I never actually told her this, so she might be interested to read it. )

When I was young (teens and 20s) I had frequent tachycardias. That's not just an arrhythmia: it's when the heart starts racing at 200+ per minute, but isn't pumping properly at all. It was often triggered by making a sudden movement, like quickly bending down to pick something up that I'd dropped. But sometimes it'd just turn on for no apparent reason at all.

It'd happen every few weeks back then. Usually, it lasted only a few minutes or less, but I remember once when it just would NOT stop, and went on for hours and hours. I got really weak and cold, and just collapsed into bed. I was seriously scared I might never wake up. (But I did, of course, and everything was all magically back to normal.)

I was so freaked out, I never even told my parents. I went to the doctor on my own, and he said it wasn't a structural malfunction at all — just an electrical heart-signal anomaly — and told me I'd grow out of it.

I was a combination of relieved and skeptical, but that's exactly what happened: I did gradually grow out of it.

Every now and then, though, the tachycardia would show up again. The last time it happened for longer than about a minute or two was 15 years ago, in 2005. And like when I was a teenager, the 200+ pulse would NOT stop.

I was in a crazy situation, as I had a plane to catch, and had to drive to the airport on the freeway. I was on my own, and I had no time to stop and rest: I'd have missed my flight.

I was seriously concerned I might pass out cold when driving — but I managed to get to the airport simply through determined, focused effort of will. Safely on the plane, I collapsed in my seat and fell asleep — and woke up an hour later all fine. Just like when I was a kid.

It's not happened since! And as many readers will know, I regularly hike in the mountains here, long days as high as 15,000 ft, and it's often pretty strenuous. Certainly quite a workout. But of course, that's the very BEST exercise for heart health.

But this thread isn't about me, it's about Amy. And my situation wasn't the same as hers. (She's also a diabetic, but I have no idea if there's any connection with her heart health.)

So, my request on her behalf:
    • Have others had similar experiences and/or concerns?
    • If so, what solved the problem?
    • What reassurances can you offer that she'll lead a long, healthy life?
    Aloha Bill and mahalo for making this post. I believe we all have the power to be healers because we all have the power to love. You obviously love this person as do I & you have created this place to help us become one neural network so that we can all share our journeys with others in the hopes of making their lives easier/better.

I have had experienced heart rates in the 190s but it was due to my own life choices. The biggest thing that has helped me was brain hemisphere synchronization. That took my meditation to the next level after 20 years of no progress.

My grandmother had diabetes for 50 years but the last year of her life it “magically” disappeared proven by repeated testing and multiple doctors. They kept telling her the tests were wrong. What happened was that I looked into the people with the longest lifespan on the planet which led me to a research paper talking about the people of Okinawa.

This was during the big craze of the Atkins diet where carbohydrates were the devil. Yet, the people from Okinawa got 70% of their caloric intake from carbohydrates because they didn’t process their food. Long story short, fiber is a carbohydrate and it works like a door man with the sugar uptake into our cells. I started giving my grandmother chia seeds in about everything she ate. Even though she was still sneaking candies & sweets, she had enough fiber in her diet to help her body properly regulate sugars.

I can’t help but spread health knowledge and just recently made a post about the benefits of mushroom extractions.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...09#post1605209

They can cure just about everything I can think of. I know and hope that you will look into all of what I speak that doesn’t make sense to you yet but here is one of countless articles on benefits of mushrooms specifically for glycemic index and glycemic load.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33389851/

The recent post I made generally leaned on Lions Mane mushroom which also helps with diabetes but also our neural pathways rebuilding the myelin sheath of axons as well as stimulates (NGF) Nerve Growth Factor which can grow around current blockages. The connection I’m making here is because our heart has something like around 40,000 neurons (don’t quote me on the exact number) just like our brains.

I know a few things about magnetic fields and it just so happened that our neurons communicate with electrical impulses. Thanks to Michael Faraday in 1865, he discovered that magnetic fields always accompany electrical fields just 90* off. The post I made Sharks, Magnetic Fields, Humans & Alzheimer’s makes a lot more sense of this.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...ans-Alzheimers

Thanks to Dr. Robert Monroe and others, we know that our heart rate is involved in something called the FFR (Frequency Following Response). Our hearts want to mimic what we hear. Monroe figured out a way for us to hear the Schumann Resonance of the planet. Therefore, we know that our heart rate can be controlled with our minds. I’ve experienced it as well as several of my dear friends.

I suggest mushroom tinctures for her and I can teach anyone how to do this on their own. I never charge money for this kind of things and the assurance that if she can trust in nature, she will lead a healthy life for as however long it is meant to be.

Mahalo for the space, aloha.
    Last edited by RMF808; 17th March 2024 at 22:01.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RMF808 For This Post:

Alan (18th March 2024), Bill Ryan (17th March 2024), Harmony (18th March 2024), leavesoftrees (18th March 2024), Mari (18th March 2024), Miller (18th March 2024), palehorse (19th March 2024), Pam (17th March 2024), pueblo (18th March 2024), Rosencross (18th March 2024), Stephanie (28th March 2024)

9. Link to Post #105
    United States Avalon Member RMF808's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 times in 218 posts

One last thing I forgot to mention;

Capsaicin for heart issues. I’ve been making tinctures from Cayenne, Ghost, Scorpion & Habañero peppers for this exact reason. Heart issues run in the males of my family and yet I have found natural medicine e for it. These also help with pain as well as circulation so I even put these in my coffee.

I hope & know this helps

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4477151/

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RMF808 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2024), Chip (27th March 2024), DNA (18th March 2024), Harmony (18th March 2024), Miller (18th March 2024), palehorse (19th March 2024), pueblo (18th March 2024), Rosencross (18th March 2024), Stephanie (28th March 2024)

11. Link to Post #106
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,891 times in 4,416 posts

A family friend had a heart attack last week.
    I was shocked to find that the city I live in, has a lot of hospitals and huge ones at that.
    But even though by all accounts there should be plenty of hospital for a town this size...
    My friend was told that the local hospitals DO NOT ADMIT people for heart attacks.
    If you live then good for you,,, a pat on the bum and you are on your way.

That struck me as crazy.
    But then it made sense.
    It's a Testement to how many heart attacks are taking place right now.

Also just a last thing.
    My friend is a 49 year old woman not fat at all. Did not get the covid shot due to my wife screaming not to get it.
    But then she has been getting the flu shot regularly and this heart attack took place three days after she had the flu shot.

She said she felt sick ever since she had the flu shot right up till she had her heart attack.
    But she makes no correlation on that account.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2024), Chip (27th March 2024), Harmony (18th March 2024), leavesoftrees (18th March 2024), Miller (18th March 2024), Pam (18th March 2024), pueblo (18th March 2024), RMF808 (18th March 2024), Rosencross (18th March 2024), Stephanie (28th March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (18th March 2024)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,262 times in 493 posts

Krill Can Reduce Cardiovascular Risk Factors

Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola  Fact Checked
    STORY AT-A-GLANCE
     Researchers found omega-3 fatty acids derived from krill oil could reduce triglyceride levels and help reduce cardiovascular risk, the No. 1 cause of death in men and women in the U.S.
     The omega-3 fats in krill oil may be more bioavailable as they are bound in a phospholipid. Omega-3 is naturally found in fatty sh, but steer clear of farmed salmon that has only half the omega-3, more omega-6 and 25% of the vitamin D found in wild salmon
     Omega-3 fat is also benecial in the treatment of depression, reducing inammation, improving metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance, and optimizing muscle building and bone strength
     Your omega-3 index has a greater predictive value than cholesterol levels for heart disease and is a good predictor of overall health and all-cause mortality
     While omega-3 appears to have a protective effect against COVID death, statins are linked to a higher risk of death from COVID and Type 2 diabetes. They also can double the risk of dementia, cancer, cataracts and musculoskeletal disorders, and triple the risk of coronary artery and aortic artery calcication
    Heart disease is the No. 1 cause of death for men and women in the U.S. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,1 one person dies every 36 seconds from

cardiovascular disease. One identied risk factor is high triglyceride levels, which are a type of necessary fat. However, in excess, it can increase your risk for heart disease.2
    Research published in January 20223 analyzed data from two randomized clinical trials and found that omega-3 fatty acids derived from krill oil could reduce triglyceride levels effectively and are safe and well-tolerated by the participants.
    Having elevated triglycerides is just one factor that increases your risk for heart disease.4 However, cholesterol levels in general have long been at the center of an ongoing disagreement as to whether they actually inuence heart disease. Mounting evidence shows that high cholesterol levels such as LDLs do not inuence cardiovascular disease in most people.5
    For example, a national study6 from the University of California Los Angeles demonstrated that 72.1% of people who had a heart attack did not have low-density cholesterol levels which would have indicated they were at risk for cardiovascular disease.7
    In fact, their LDL cholesterol was within national guidelines and nearly half were within their optimal levels. More than half the patients hospitalized with a heart attack had high-density lipoproteins (HDL) in the poor range, based on a comparison to national guidelines.
    Other commonly identied risk factors for heart disease include high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, tobacco use, excessive alcohol use and not getting enough physical activity,8 yet, some scientists and doctors continue to recommend lowering fat consumption and using medications to lower cholesterol levels. As I discuss below, though, omega-3 fatty acids may have greater predictive value than cholesterol.
    Krill Oil Lowers Triglyceride Levels
    The study published in JAMA9 pooled the results of two randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled trials that had enrolled participants at 71 U.S. centers and the second from 93 centers in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. To be eligible in the two

studies, participants had to have a fasting triglyceride level between 500 to 1500 mg per deciliter (mg/dL).10
    The normal range for triglycerides levels is less than 150 mg/dL.11 In total, over 26 weeks, 520 participants took a daily dose of 4 grams of naturally sourced krill oil that contained eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) as phospholipid esters and free fatty acids.12 The control group were given a placebo- containing cornstarch.13
    The analysis of the two studies is the largest clinical investigation using an omega-3 formulation in a patient group with high triglycerides. Both studies used a krill oil supplement produced by Aker BioMarine,14 which is based in Oslo, Norway.
    Katina Handeland, from Aker BioMarine, commented in a press release,15 “This groundbreaking study gives proof that krill oil is part of the solution to alleviate the burden cardiovascular disease has on society. This can potentially have a signicant impact on improving the health condition of millions of people and reduce healthcare costs.”
    The results of the analysis after 12 weeks showed that participants who consumed krill oil had a 26% reduction in their triglyceride levels as compared to their baseline measurement. Those in the placebo group had a 15.1% reduction.16
    This rose even higher at 26 weeks to 33.5% in those taking krill oil versus 20.8% in those taking the placebo. When the data were further analyzed, the researchers discovered that those taking krill oil treatment lowered their triglycerides even further when they were also taking medication for hypertriglyceridemia. Handeland commented:
    “When analyzing only those patients receiving medications for their hypertriglyceridemia at study start, the authors observed even stronger reductions in the krill oil group and less reductions in the placebo group. This is interesting as these patients may represent an even more ‘true’ hypertriglyceridemia patient population.”

Also interesting is the high placebo effect using cornstarch. Past animal research using high amylose corn starch has demonstrated it can lower plasma total cholesterol concentrations.17 Amylose is a polysaccharide commonly found in cornstarch.
    The ratio of amylose to amylopectin determines whether the starch is high amylose. Common cornstarch has 25% amylose, while high amylose cornstarch has 55% to 70%.18 The type of cornstarch used by the researchers as a placebo was not identied in the study.
    Benets of Healthy Omega-3 Choices
    Krill oil contains less EPA and DHA per gram of supplement than sh oil does. However, krill oil may be more bioavailable as the EPA and DHA are bound in a phospholipid form. William S. Harris, Ph.D., from the Fatty Acid Research Institute, is a noted omega-3 researcher and believes this study demonstrates the greater bioavailability of krill oil over sh oil.
    He spoke to NutraIngredients-USA, saying:19 "It's certainly not news that omega-3s lower triglycerides, but what may be the news here is that a fairly low dose in this form can have this effect."
    Omega-3 fatty acids are naturally found in fatty sh. It's important to note that not all sh contain omega-3 fats; it’s only those found in cold water, such as wild-caught Alaskan salmon, anchovies, sardines, mackerel and herring. It is best to steer clear of farmed salmon due to the exaggerated potential for contamination.20,21
    They are also fed genetically engineered corn and soy, which is an unnatural diet and loaded with hazardous omega-6 fat. From a nutritional perspective, farmed salmon have the drawbacks of containing only half the omega-3 of wild salmon22,23,24 and one-fourth the vitamin D,25 while having more than 5.5 times the amount of omega-6.26,27 Farmed salmon are also routinely exposed to antibiotics and pesticides.
    DHA found in omega-3 fats is crucial for brain health. When omega-3 intake is inadequate your nervous system is more prone to inammation, which affects

neurotransmission. Low DHA levels are linked to memory loss and Alzheimer's disease.
    Some have suggested degenerative brain diseases may potentially be reversible with sucient DHA.28,29 EPA is also benecial in the treatment of depression.30 There are other health benets to consuming healthy omega-3 choices, including:
    Reduce inammation31,32,33 Protect vision34,35
    Optimize muscle building36 and bone Improve metabolic syndrome and insulin strength37 resistance38,39
    Improve mental health and behavior40,41 Reduce the risk of kidney disease42 and colon cancer43
    Omega-3 Index Predictive of All-Cause Mortality
    A deciency in omega-3 fatty acids leaves you vulnerable to chronic disease and lifelong challenges. Optimizing your levels is a foundational strategy that helps you attain and maintain good health. The best way to determine if you're getting enough food with omega-3 is to get tested.
    Research44 supported by the National Institutes of Health45 suggest that an omega-3 test is a good predictor of overall health and all-cause mortality.46,47 Your omega-3 index is a measure of the amount of EPA and DHA in the membranes of your red blood cells (RBC). This index is expressed as a percent of your total RBC fatty acids.48
    The index has been validated as a stable, long-term marker of your omega-3 status and it reects your tissue levels of EPA and DHA. An omega-3 index greater than 8% is associated with the lowest risk of death from heart disease while an index below 4% places you at the highest risk of heart disease-related mortality.49
    I rmly believe the index is one of the most important annual health screens that everyone needs. If your test results are low, consider using a krill oil supplement. Krill

are wild-caught and sustainable, more potent than sh oil and less prone to oxidation.
    In addition to the benets listed above, one study50 published in January 2021 evaluated 100 individuals' omega-3 index and compared that against their COVID-19 outcomes. The primary outcome measurement in the study was death; risk was analyzed as a measure of quartiles.
    As expected, the researchers found that older individuals and those admitted with a “do not resuscitate” order had a higher likelihood of dying. After separating samples from the highest to the lowest quartile they found only one death in the group whose omega- 3 index measured 5.7% or greater. This was a 66-year-old man with a do not resuscitate order. In the other three quartiles, a total of 13 out of 75 of the patients died.
    When compared against older age, the researchers found the risk of death from COVID- 19 in individuals who had lower levels of omega-3 fatty acids was at least as predictive as being 10 years older.
    The researchers also conrm past data that demonstrated the average person in the U.S. has an omega-3 index near 4%, as their data showed the average index was 5.09% and the median — half the number of people had a higher index, and half the number of people had a lower index — was 4.75%.
    Statins Do More Harm Than Good
    While krill oil and omega-3 fatty acids appear to have a protective effect against COVID- 19, statins are linked to a higher risk of COVID death51 and double the risk of dementia.52 Statins are cholesterol-lowering medications that are among the most widely used drugs in the world. Roughly 50% of us adults over 75 years53 take a statin medication in the misguided hope of preventing heart disease, heart attacks and stroke.
    Among patients with Type 2 diabetes who are admitted to the hospital for COVID-19, researchers found that those taking statins had a signicantly higher mortality rate within seven days and 28 days compared to those who did not take the drugs.54

Additionally, a connection is already known between statins and diabetes.55 People who take the drugs are more than twice as likely to be diagnosed with diabetes than those who do not, and those who take the drugs for longer than two years had the highest risk.
    Statins also inuence cognitive performance since lowering the levels of LDL cholesterol are linked to a higher risk of dementia. One study56 engaged people with mild cognitive impairment and looked at the effects of two types of statins: hydrophilic and lipophilic.
    Hydrophilic statins, which include pravastatin (Pravachol) and rosuvastatin (Crestor), dissolve more readily in water, while lipophilic statins, such as atorvastatin (Lipitor), simvastatin (Zocor), Fluvastatin (Lescol), and lovastatin (Altoprev), dissolve more readily in fats.57 Lipophilic statins can easily enter cells58 and be distributed throughout your body, whereas hydrophilic statins focus on the liver.59
    The data showed those individuals with early mild cognitive impairment and low to moderate cholesterol levels and who used lipophilic statins had more than double the risk of dementia compared to those who did not use statins.60
    Even as saturated fats and cholesterol have been vilied, and statin drugs have become among the most widely prescribed medications worldwide, heart disease remains a top killer.61
    Despite statins being prescribed for sizable groups, and “target” cholesterol levels being achieved, a systematic review of 35 randomized, controlled trials found that no additional benets were gained.62
    Statins are effective at lowering cholesterol, but whether this is the panacea for helping you avoid heart disease and extend your lifespan is a topic of heated debate. And, as mentioned earlier, one 2018 scientic review presented substantial evidence that high LDL and total cholesterol are not an indication of heart disease risk, and that statin treatment is of doubtful benet as a form of primary prevention for this reason.63

In short, these drugs have done nothing to derail the rising trend of heart disease, while putting users at increased risk of health conditions like diabetes, dementia and others, such as:
    Cancer64
    Cataracts65
    Triple the risk of coronary artery and aortic artery calcication66
    Musculoskeletal disorders, including myalgia, muscle weakness, muscle cramps, rhabdomyolysis and autoimmune muscle disease67
    Depression68
    In the event you’re taking statins, be aware that they deplete your body of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) and inhibit the synthesis of vitamin K2. The risks of CoQ10 depletion can be somewhat offset by taking a Coenzyme Q10 supplement, or if you're over 40, its reduced form ubiquinol. But ultimately, if you’re looking to protect both your brain and heart health, avoiding statin drugs and instead optimizing your diet and omega-3 index may be the answer.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2024), Harmony (18th March 2024), Pam (18th March 2024), pueblo (18th March 2024), Rosencross (18th March 2024), Stephanie (28th March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (18th March 2024)

15. Link to Post #108
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,891 times in 4,416 posts

Natokinase is what everyone should be taking.
    It's the only thing that enzymatically has been shown to destroy the spike protien.
    So vaccine folks should be all over this.
    But also...
    It is like draino for your arteries.
    It cleans out your cardiovascular system. It lowers your blood pressure.
    Significantly.
    https://rumble.com/v273r1c-dr.-peter...xoC_FQQAvD_BwE

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v24hmac
    Last edited by Harmony; 18th March 2024 at 12:01. Reason: embedded video

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2024), Harmony (18th March 2024), leavesoftrees (19th March 2024), Miller (20th March 2024), palehorse (19th March 2024), pueblo (18th March 2024), Rosencross (18th March 2024), Stephanie (28th March 2024)

17. Link to Post #109
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,453 times in 1,706 posts

I didn't know much about fish oil, except one time I heard an old Nordic saying, eat the fat fish rather than take any supplementation. Another option is to take extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil in your dressings or cooking, or just eat the coconut meat, it got the 3 omegas but not a lot of it, so you may need to supplement with some other food like chia seeds, walnuts, flaxseeds as someone mentioned above.

Better rely on natural stuffs whenever possible instead of industrialized supplements, I also heard so many things about supplementation that I can't verify myself, so rely on whole food is key in my opinion.

What most people have to understand is that marketing isn't your friend, specially when related to health, see how these companies marketing Omega 3 in coconut oil, it is completely absurd, they make it looks like it is the best source of Omega 3 when it is not, you better off with fatty fish or some small nuts.

Another example: See how they marketing pink Himalayan salt, this salt has variety in minerals, but it is tiny amounts, so it does not impact your system unless you take it your entire life, so then you would probably accumulate those mineral traces.

For minerals, marine plants and algae absorb minerals from seawater, including those needed for omega-3 production, so the Japaneses were correct about their algae soup!

Here is a comparison

Coconut : serving of 85 grams may contain around 0.02 g of omega-3 fatty acids.
    Fatty fish (salmon, sardines, tuna, etc..) : serving of 85 grams may contain around 1 g of omega-3 fatty acids.
    (I don't know how accurate is the numbers above)
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2024), Chip (27th March 2024), Harmony (19th March 2024), leavesoftrees (19th March 2024), Miller (20th March 2024), pueblo (19th March 2024), Stephanie (28th March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (19th March 2024), Vangelo (19th March 2024)

19. Link to Post #110
    Thanks

New from Dr Mercola today. I thought it definitely belonged on this thread.

https://media.mercola.com/ImageServe...ements-pdf.pdf

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (27th March 2024), Chip (27th March 2024), Harmony (27th March 2024), kudzy (27th March 2024), Rosencross (27th March 2024), RunningDeer (25th July 2024), Stephanie (28th March 2024), Tintin (27th March 2024), Vangelo (28th March 2024), Yoda (27th March 2024)

21. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

edina (25th July 2024), Ewan (26th July 2024), Harmony (25th July 2024), Miller (18th August 2024), RunningDeer (25th July 2024)

23. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

This recommended paper was posted by John Hilton on his own My Hospital Holiday - Tachycardia + Arrhythmia thread:

~~~

I just came across this paper:
    Avoiding heart disease https://cardiacos.net/wp-content/upl...Heart-cure.pdf

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Harmony (18th August 2024), HopSan (21st August 2024), leavesoftrees (19th August 2024), Marianne (18th August 2024), Miller (18th August 2024), RunningDeer (18th August 2024), tessie999 (18th August 2024)

25. Link to Post #113
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,415 times in 1,700 posts

As far as I'm aware, I don't have heart problems as such BUT in the last (say 10) years, I start getting palpitations roughly two weeks after starting ANY supplements. At first I thought it must be the casing and so tried all sorts of different tablets, capsules, and even Floradix, the various "natural" liquid formulas, all to no avail. I know it's the supplements because it takes roughly two weeks for the palpitations to wear off again. Perhaps it's a preservative, I don't know. But if it happens to me then it must happen to others as well, so just putting it out there. ie. watch what supplements you're taking.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable" (John F Kennedy - 13th March 1962)
    "The only winning move is not to play" (WarGames 1983)

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th August 2024), Harmony (18th August 2024), HopSan (21st August 2024), leavesoftrees (19th August 2024), Marianne (18th August 2024), RunningDeer (18th August 2024)

27. Link to Post #114
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,640 times in 2,884 posts

Miller, I also have had problems with supplements and need to study the ingredients carefully, sometimes beyond what is written on the bottle, or sometimes in the fine print that away from the actual ingredients list.

I have found sulphites, used to prevent oxidation, in many oils in supplements, but also in things like dry vegetarian MSM. Also I have an allergy to pears and many natural supplements use pear sugar as a sweetner. It is good to know your body and shop around until you find the right thing. Mostly I buy supplelments separately so I have more control of how much I can tolerate and how often I might want to take different things.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

HopSan (21st August 2024), Marianne (18th August 2024), Miller (18th August 2024), RunningDeer (18th August 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6