+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul? And where's the proof?

1. Link to Post #181
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

Default Re: Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul? And where's the proof?

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    This must be included here,

just for the fun of "boring East Sun to death" (of course, not to be taken literally),
    because it's completely "proof-less"; and for all who do not know it, yet (it's a gem):

If you want to "know what i know", go here and listen close
    Yes--"PROOF-LESS"

Who's Driving the Dreambus?

We all are...........together.................

ES
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Forest Denizen (4th September 2020), greybeard (26th July 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #182
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank you Wind.

Incredibly interesting. Food for thought, much thought.
    I've read a lot of books on this over the years and mostly forgot
    what they said. You can read too much and need to take time
    out to contemplate on what you learned, maybe for years.

ES
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Forest Denizen (4th September 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #183
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 times in 210 posts

Michael Newton in A Journey of Souls suggests that one soul can inhabit two different people living in different parts of the world simultaneously, although it’s not common.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mare For This Post:

East Sun (27th July 2020), Forest Denizen (4th September 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020), kfm27917 (27th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th July 2020), palehorse (28th August 2020), Wind (27th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #184
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mare (here)
    Michael Newton in A Journey of Souls suggests that one soul can inhabit two different people living in different parts of the world simultaneously, although it’s not common.
    He seems to be very proficient in his analysis. I wish I could be regressed by him.
    Is he still around to be contacted? If anyone knows please let me know.
    I would really appreciate it.

ES

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Forest Denizen (4th September 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020), Mare (28th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th July 2020), Wind (27th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #185
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    He seems to be very proficient in his analysis. I wish I could be regressed by him.
    Unfortunately he journeyed back to the spirit world in 2016. He has trained plenty of people though.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

East Sun (27th July 2020), Forest Denizen (4th September 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020), kfm27917 (28th July 2020), Mare (28th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #186
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    I would really appreciate it.

ES
    Now, that made me happy!
    Congrats for an open door!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

East Sun (28th July 2020), Forest Denizen (4th September 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020), Mare (28th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th July 2020), palehorse (28th August 2020)

13. Link to Post #187
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,501 times in 4,311 posts

Sometimes, proof can be found in the stories of others.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bluegreen (4th September 2020), East Sun (28th July 2020), Forest Denizen (4th September 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020), palehorse (28th August 2020), rgray222 (29th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #188
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Maybe it's a case of, Ask and you shall receive. Maybe I was
    asking in my post. Well, I'm always asking for to remember dreams,
    and seldom do remember them.

I repeatedly do a mantra of my own
    asking to know, know what you may ask, just to know ? truth? or
    whatever I should know.

That's followed by, I want to help, on and on till I fall asleep.

My door is open, maybe why I look out at the world with awe.

ES

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Anka (29th July 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020), palehorse (28th August 2020)

17. Link to Post #189
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

I found this movie very interesting, the message is very clear and loud. Maybe there is a better thread to share it, but I think it fits here as well.

quantum physics?
    Last edited by palehorse; 28th August 2020 at 15:58.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

East Sun (28th August 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020)

19. Link to Post #190
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,997 times in 595 posts

In terms of personal experience, I'll say that my wife's relatives who have passed on show up quite often, and have even tried to communicate with us. Her father has a warmer, more distinct presence, and the messages I've perceived from him have been clearer. If I had to guess, I would say it was because he had attained greater self-awareness and actualization while alive.

Also, in the Taoist Neigong lineage I practice, there is a direct experience (more kinesthetic than visual for me) of connecting to an expanded sense of self and other lives. However, with it also comes an experience of non-linear time. When you experience that, questions of afterlife, reincarnation and even regular memory, all relate more to the linear perspective, and seem less relevant. For that reason, I don't worry as much about what will happen to me after death as I once might have.

In terms of outside experience, I find the evidence from NDEs and studies from spiritualism over the past century fairly conclusive. There are stories as well from both my teacher and other spiritual lineages of teachers who passed on being able to manifest with more clarity and presence than the average human spirit.

However, both earthbound spirits and "ascended" teachers do eventually seem to fade away, so the final destination of linear time personality is still uncertain. I would say that we return to the expanded non-linear self, and that the experiences relayed by those on the other side are partially born from the process they go through of integrating the linear with the non-linear, the finite with the eternal.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

East Sun (4th September 2020), Forest Denizen (4th September 2020), Gracy (4th September 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (27th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th September 2020), Wind (6th September 2020)

21. Link to Post #191
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Do we have a Spirit?

In a metaphysical sense, depends on who you ask.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Anka (4th September 2020)

23. Link to Post #192
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

And all this to be just human.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Forest Denizen (4th September 2020), Harmony (4th September 2020), Jayke (12th September 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th May 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th September 2020), O Donna (4th September 2020), Spellbound (26th May 2021), Wind (6th September 2020)

25. Link to Post #193
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,663 times in 20,817 posts

See also:

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Is "Soul Intelligence/Awareness" beyond heavy conditioned "Brain Intelligence"?
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 12th September 2020 at 18:02.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

East Sun (12th September 2020)

27. Link to Post #194
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

I've just discovered the work of Dr. Michael Newton about what happens in between lives, and am intrigued.
    I'm listening to the audiobook of Journey of Souls here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YJiYEiGg3c
    Can anyone tell me if any of the subjects of this regression technique referred to "the False Light", or ETs or other entities who attempted to misguide or misdirect them on their journey between lives?

As to the original questions of this thread--I don't know exactly what the difference is between spirit and soul if there is one, but I will just say I have no doubt about the existence of the soul (as it were) and in reincarnation, and have met members of my soul group in this life whom I know I have known in past lives.
    The Michael Teachings have always made a lot of sense to me: https://www.michaelteachings.com/
    I had an amazing reading once with a medium who was able, with no input from me, to connect with the souls of people I had known in this life who had passed and who had messages for me which made perfect sense.
    I had a NDE after a very traumatic injury, but didn't have the tunnel to the bright white light experience.
    Rather, I was in a very dark and terrifying place for a short time, though it seemed like an eternity to me, until two spiritual friends arrived at the ER and pulled me back into my body.
    I think this probably happens more to people who have nearly died suddenly in pain and trauma, whereas those who make a more natural, gradual transition towards death and back have a more positive experience.
    And those who die in trauma are more likely to linger as ghosts, apparently, as the shock of trauma fractures their energy bodies.

Don Juan Matus, Carlos Castaneda's mentor, spoke of souls who incarnate into 2 separate bodies at the same time, and said that if they should meet, the consequences would be disastrous.
    At least, that is what I think he was referring to when he referred to what he termed "the Double".

Hello everyone,

I can’t provide any proof for the OP, but I’ve recently finished reading Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton and I can’t recommend it highly enough. A must-read for anyone interested in this fascinating subject.

The book itself was thrust into my hands by chance as I walked away from a job I’d worked at for many years. A job that had become an Albatross around my neck.

I’d decided for some time that I needed a change and after much careful consideration the stars aligned and I made my shock move. Unfortunately, at the worst time in human history, slap-bang into a world in lockdown. The work that I had so painstakingly lined up suddenly dried up. Then followed two months of unemployment.That’s a lot of time for hand-wringing and wondering ‘why me?’.

The funny thing is though, throughout the whole experience I felt nothing but sublime positivity against all the odds. A resolute certainty that everything is for a reason, and everything will be ok in the end.

Journey of Souls is a record of 29 carefully selected cases of people who recall their experiences as souls between their physical deaths during hypnotherapy sessions with Dr Newton, founder of The Newton Institute of Life between Lives hypnotherapy.

Through their extraordinary stories we learn not only what we experience when we die and what we experience during the processes of birth, but also how we experience life outside the physical body in between incarnations. This is the place where the real you exists. It confirmed much of what I already thought but left me with so much more to wonder at. Souls trying to describe what they think The Creator is are equally as fascinating but no spoilers here!

I came to appreciate the roles of spirit guides, why we are assigned to soul groups (a group we return to again and again after each incarnation) and I also gained an insight into why we choose the body and life we now find ourselves in, and why mandatory amnesia at birth is essential.

The earth by contrast is an action planet, a rowdy dynamic playhouse. We parachute in, adapt to our roles as best we can and try to stick to the script! I could not stop thinking of the lines from Shakespeare’s comedy ‘As You Like It’.

“All the world’s a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts ... “

Even the bodies we choose have agendas of their own. Our Neanderthal brains lusty, territorial and wired for occasional violence(in thought if not in deed). Ancestral traits in our DNA only add to the trials of life. We get kudos from other souls who have never been earth-bound for just coming here.

I would say it’s the most comprehensive study I’ve read so far on life after death with over 30 years worth of carefully selected case-studies. All appear to paint the same dazzling pictures of a vast, wondrous universe of love, light, beauty and intelligence.

Our humble language can only hint at its glory, and for me personally it’s been like finding the missing piece to the jigsaw. It’s a book that has drawn in so many seemingly disparate notions of my own, formulated haphazardly over the years from countless sources and bound them together in a deeply meaningful way. A eureka moment on every page!

Sometimes it’s extremely moving, sometimes laugh out loud. It has made me question myself too. My motives, my relationship with others, my ego and what my soul is here to learn in this present incarnation.

I came to the conclusion by the end of it that nothing is by chance, not even a colleague shoving a book into your hands as you walk out of the workplace for the last time.

We are here to learn to forgive. To show kindness, love and compassion to our fellow man and woman, and to try and leave our world a better place than we found it.

That it seems is the script. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

East Sun (27th May 2021), Harmony (27th May 2021), space88paladin (27th May 2021), wondering (26th May 2021)

29. Link to Post #195
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Can anyone explain why mandatory amnesia at birth may be essential?

Hello everyone,
    I came to appreciate the roles of spirit guides, why we are assigned to soul groups (a group we return to again and again after each incarnation) and I also gained an insight into why we choose the body and life we now find ourselves in, and why mandatory amnesia at birth is essential.
    My personal feeling at the moment is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS Reminder.png
Views:	755
Size:	552.5 KB
ID:	46736
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 27th May 2021 at 00:05.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

East Sun (27th May 2021), Harmony (27th May 2021), Hym (27th May 2021), Mashika (27th May 2021), Michi (27th May 2021), onawah (27th May 2021), rgray222 (27th May 2021), Spellbound (26th May 2021)

31. Link to Post #196
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

I believe we have a soul / spirit. The body is temporary....the soul is infinite. I don't buy into religion but I do believe in the soul (and it's importance).

Dave - Toronto

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Harmony (27th May 2021), Hym (27th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (28th May 2021), onawah (27th May 2021)

33. Link to Post #197
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

I think at this point in time the amnesia is so intense because we are at the negative end of a long cycle.
    I doubt that it's this bad all the time, or we would probably never agree to incarnate into 3D reality at all!

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)

Hello everyone,

Attachment 46736
    Each breath a gift...

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

East Sun (27th May 2021), Harmony (27th May 2021), Hym (27th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (28th May 2021), Ron Mauer Sr (27th May 2021)

35. Link to Post #198
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Without amnesia, we would never really reincarnate. We would be living into eternity (or the same life each time we reincarnate) with short breaks after each human body we occupy dies. I have no desire to live any form of eternal life. If I am going to reincarnate I hope each reincarnation is exponentially different. It may have some similarities and maybe a few things might spill into the next iteration but I truly hope it is incomparable to all previous lives.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Harmony (27th May 2021), Hym (27th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (28th May 2021), onawah (27th May 2021), Ron Mauer Sr (27th May 2021), Spellbound (2nd June 2021), Wind (27th May 2021)

37. Link to Post #199
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,036 times in 911 posts

Hello everyone,

Attachment 46736
    I agree with the sentiment Ron.
    When a seer, a very insightful writer, after years past from our last conversations, went out of his way to meet me, and tell me that
    I "had no right to get involved with the emotions of humans" because I was/am 'a warrior', I recall the ability we all have to draw in the memories....
    and at the same time be alive in the creation of new memories forever with us...

As bright as my memories are, so also is the awareness that traveling deeper can just as well be a diversion from the vivid and super conscious living always with us...

The force of spirit, when realized, is more powerful than chemical amnesia and the pre-birth vibrational memory removal.
    Last edited by Hym; 27th May 2021 at 15:40.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

East Sun (27th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (28th May 2021)

39. Link to Post #200
    United States Avalon Member Free Thinker's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

One does not need definitive "proof" to know that we do in fact, have a soul, spirit, Higher Self, etc. If you want "proof" in the sense of measuring and decoding and whatnot, you won't find it, and thus are barking up the wrong tree as it is. Tis' not the point.

Really, one only needs to have a deep sense of awareness, that experience of LIFE to know that we very much do have a soul, spirit, etc. beyond the shadow of any doubt. It's as simple (and profound!) as that.

And no worries, I am not one for religious jargon either. I never was.
    "The truth will set us free, whatever that may be."
    "Question everything. Make a path where there was not one before."
    "We are part of the Universe. It's story, is our story."

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Free Thinker For This Post:

East Sun (27th May 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (28th May 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 10 11 LastLast