+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 8 11 LastLast

Thread: Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul? And where's the proof?

1. Link to Post #141
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Default Re: Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul? And where's the proof?

I think everything beyond be still is intellect.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

East Sun (19th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (19th July 2020), Wind (19th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #142
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Nobody can speak for everyone. The real question is:

Are YOU a spirit?

And if you are NOT, don't be afraid to say so.
    How would we know if we were spirit?
    get rid of WE, it's about YOU

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

East Sun (19th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #143
    United States Avalon Member Ed Dawson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I personally do not think we can ever know if we have a Soul or Spirit.
    Why did you ask if you are already convinced?

I could tell you personal experience, but what would be the point if you are already convinced otherwise?

In 1970 I died at the age of 20. Except that I didn't because I paid attention to a series of dreams I had in the week before my death. I paid attention, and survived an auto accident with only superficial damage to my body because I remembered the dreams and knew what to do to survive. The point is that something communicated with me and that communication enabled my survival. As for what that 'something' was, let's not speculate because that takes us into the realm of religion, and I respect your request not to go there.

Nevertheless there was some sort of consciousness which did not employ normal physical means of obtaining knowledge. And that implies – not proves, implies – the existence of something beyond the limitations of the senses of the physical body.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ed Dawson For This Post:

Constance (19th July 2020), East Sun (19th July 2020), Harmony (21st July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (19th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #144
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

There's a reason for the parable of the doubting Thomas.

It makes awakening more exciting and fun.

Have fun East Sun!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Constance (20th July 2020), East Sun (27th May 2021)

9. Link to Post #145
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 338 posts

For me the"Proof" is what I saw on two people's deathbed confessions.
    One very bad person who hurt many others said, "I am ended. I will no longer exist."
    And
    One very good person, almost a saint, and an atheist said,
    "I hear the most beautiful music, and am seeing animals and a light staircase. I think I'll hop along now."

I always suspected Gurdjieff was right.
    Those who develop their I AM,
    their capacity to love, and conscience
    have developed souls.

Those who don't were given a chance and blew it.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

Alekahn2 (20th July 2020), East Sun (20th July 2020), Harmony (21st July 2020), Jayke (21st July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (19th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #146
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Ed Dawson (here)
    Because he's trying to establish a consensus that we don't know for sure -- especially targetting people who do know for sure. Standard "skeptic" tactic.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

East Sun (20th July 2020), Ed Dawson (20th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #147
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,579 times in 1,719 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by Ed Dawson (here)
    Because he's trying to establish a consensus that we don't know for sure -- especially targetting people who do know for sure. Standard "skeptic" tactic.
    Some people believe that they do know for sure and that's fine for them but
    others believe that they don't know for sure.

I have said on this thread, "maybe" yes and maybe no.

A sceptics tactic? Not at all.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Jake (20th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #148
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I didn't say I was convinced about anything.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

greybeard (20th July 2020), Jake (20th July 2020), O Donna (25th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #149
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Question EVERYTHING. (or should I??).

My friend, just because I have my own solid understanding of spirit/soul/essence/consciousness,,, (etc...) That doesn't mean I have all of the answers. Neither would you. Even if you were to have a complete transformative spiritual awakening event today,,, what words do you think you could use that would ever convince anyone? I suspect that our relationship with ALLTHATIS, unique to the individual.

My OBEs don't make me any more able to tell you about God or heaven. But I walk with an open knowledge that we are more than fleshy creatures. I do not fear death. I understand reincarnation. Those are solid gifts. Still,,, I can't majically transfer any of that to another.

Just the other night, I was out of my body, flying way up high into the starry, (wide open) sky. The feeling was amazing. Everything is alive, and I'm part of it. Beeing soooooo free and alive,,, there's just NO words. In that moment, I'm sorry, but there are no questions of God or religions or bodies or ANYTHING really... Just being ONE with the experience is enough. It's COMING BACK to physical reality that makes one question things. Yeah buddy.

For what it's worth,,,

Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Alekahn2 (20th July 2020), Constance (20th July 2020), greybeard (20th July 2020), Harmony (21st July 2020), Jayke (21st July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st July 2020), Michi (20th July 2020), Mike (20th July 2020), O Donna (25th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd July 2020), Wind (20th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #150
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Question EVERYTHING. (or should I??).

My friend, just because I have my own solid understanding of spirit/soul/essence/consciousness,,, (etc...) That doesn't mean I have all of the answers. Neither would you. Even if you were to have a complete transformative spiritual awakening event today,,, what words do you think you could use that would ever convince anyone? I suspect that our relationship with ALLTHATIS, unique to the individual.

My OBEs don't make me any more able to tell you about God or heaven. But I walk with an open knowledge that we are more than fleshy creatures. I do not fear death. I understand reincarnation. Those are solid gifts. Still,,, I can't majically transfer any of that to another.

Just the other night, I was out of my body, flying way up high into the starry, (wide open) sky. The feeling was amazing. Everything is alive, and I'm part of it. Beeing soooooo free and alive,,, there's just NO words. In that moment, I'm sorry, but there are no questions of God or religions or bodies or ANYTHING really... Just being ONE with the experience is enough. It's COMING BACK to physical reality that makes one question things. Yeah buddy.

For what it's worth,,,

Jake
    Thank you for your reply, Jake

I cant believe that I'm not understood when I try to state my point
    regarding Spirit/Soul/God etc. I said at the start that "they" can not be "proven"
    beyond a doubt. I did not say what I did or did not believe.

It's great that you experienced that.

I hope that my post will not be misunderstood.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Harmony (21st July 2020), Jake (21st July 2020), Jayke (21st July 2020)

21. Link to Post #151
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Thumbs down Re: Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul? And where's the proof?

I cant believe that I'm not understood when I try to state my point
    regarding Spirit/Soul/God etc. I said at the start that "they" can not be "proven"
    beyond a doubt. I did not say what I did or did not believe.

The science of spirit is the physics of dielectric energy. A suppressed science but one the likes of Nikola Tesla and Wilhelm Reich we’re fully aware of. Tesla had his papers stolen and Reich died in prison and his books removed from libraries to obscure the evidence.

Reich described dielectric energy as ‘orgone’, the energy which animates biological matter (spirit), and was able to prove its existence with multiple experiments.

Check out the work of James DeMeo, he’s picked up where Reich left off and managed to replicate all of Reichs most important discoveries.
    The Dynamic Ether of Cosmic Space.

The cultivation of a soul then is the ability to embody a dielectric charge to the point that consciousness can be imprinted on a coherently coalesced and densely charged structure of dielectric energy. A structure in which consciousness can reside, even once the dielectric charge has left the biological meat suit after physical death.

The Ancient Egyptians knew how to work with this dielectric energy. There is a very strong similarity between Tesla’s Colorado Springs tower and the Egyptian pyramids. Although Tesla’s tower is a very crude version of what the pyramids were designed to do. Both are dielectric generators.

The cultivation of a soul is the great work of the Mer-Ka-Ba. The Egyptians had a fully developed soul science around the process. Outlined metaphorically in their ‘Book of the Dead’ Or ‘Book of coming forth by Light’ as it’s more accurately called. Where the soul was understood through 9 different distinctions.

Mer=pyramid. Although the hieroglyph used in Egypt for ‘Mer’ looks more like the tool used to erect the Djed pillar.

Ka=that which aspires to the heavens (symbolised by two arms reaching up to the sky in hieroglyphics)
    Quote A ka statue is a type of ancient Egyptian statue intended to provide a resting place for the ka (life-force or spirit) of the person after death. The ancient Egyptians believed the ka along with the physical body, the name, the ba (personality or soul), and the šwt (shadow), made up the five aspects of a person.

Ba= the bird which takes flight and carries the Ka to the Akh.

Our modern science doesn’t have much proof for a soul, but that’s only because the science has been heavily suppressed. To the Ancient Egyptians — and the many people who’ve proven it to themselves on this thread — its something that’s been “proven to be true a million times over” (Ancient Egyptian saying in relation to the journey of the soul in the afterlife)

Freddy Silva has written a book on the Ancient practices called ‘The Lost Art of Resurrection’, in which he describes the technology of resurrection that was practiced to prove the existence of the soul to oneself.

Those who say they will die first and then rise are in error. If they do not first receive the resurrection while they live, when they die they will receive nothing.” — Gnostic Gospel of Philip
    Last edited by Jayke; 21st July 2020 at 14:06.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

aoibhghaire (21st July 2020), East Sun (22nd July 2020), Harmony (21st July 2020), O Donna (25th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd July 2020), TomKat (22nd July 2020)

23. Link to Post #152
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,663 times in 4,334 posts

I said at the start that "they" can not be "proven"
    beyond a doubt.
    Yes they can be proven, without any doubt whatsoever, by the many, many tales that have been told, in this thread and numerous others, by countless academic and scientific studies, decades of paranormal research, and centuries, indeed millennia, of mystical and spiritual exploration and revelation. If for whatever reason all this vast material does not, by way of common sense, convert into 'proof', then the only thing left is direct experience. For that, and for you, it's just a matter of time. You need only open up your heart and listen.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

aoibhghaire (21st July 2020), Harmony (21st July 2020), Jayke (21st July 2020), O Donna (25th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd July 2020), Wind (22nd July 2020)

25. Link to Post #153
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)

I cant believe that I'm not understood when I try to state my point regarding Spirit/Soul/God etc. I said at the start that "they" can not be "proven" beyond a doubt. I did not say what I did or did not believe.

The Ancient Egyptians knew how to work with this dielectric energy. There is a very strong similarity between Tesla’s Colorado Springs tower and the Egyptian pyramids. Although Tesla’s tower is a very crude version of what the pyramids were designed to do. Both are dielectric generators.

Our modern science doesn’t have much proof for a soul, but that’s only because the science has been heavily suppressed. To the Ancient Egyptians — and the many people who’ve proven it to themselves on this thread — its something that’s been “proven to be true a million times over” (Ancient Egyptian saying in relation to the journey of the soul in the afterlife)
    Thank you Jayke,

I am familiar with the work of Dr. Wilhelm Reich. I wear an orgone disk
    around my neck for what it's worth. Maybe it makes a difference or not,
    anyway it looks good.

Also, I read a translation of The Egyptian Book of the Dead by Sogal Rinpoci(sp)
    entitled The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. (lent it to someone, never got it back)

Anyway the Egyptians believed a lot of things that do not make sense to us today,
    but somethings do.

ES
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 21st July 2020 at 16:44. Reason: fixed quote formatting

26. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Jayke (21st July 2020)

27. Link to Post #154
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    I said at the start that "they" can not be "proven"
    beyond a doubt.
    Yes they can be proven, without any doubt whatsoever, by the many, many tales that have been told, in this thread and numerous others, by countless academic and scientific studies, decades of paranormal research, and centuries, indeed millennia, of mystical and spiritual exploration and revelation. If for whatever reason all this vast material does not, by way of common sense, convert into 'proof', then the only thing left is direct experience. For that, and for you, it's just a matter of time. You need only open up your heart and listen.

Those things might be felt or believed but are not absolute proof IMO.

28. Link to Post #155
    Thanks

I cant believe that I'm not understood when I try to state my point regarding Spirit/Soul/God etc. I said at the start that "they" can not be "proven" beyond a doubt. I did not say what I did or did not believe.

Thank you Jayke,

anyway it looks good.

Also, I read a translation of The Egyptian Book of the Dead by Sogal Rinpoci(sp)
    entitled The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. (lent it to someone, never got it back)

Anyway the Egyptians believed a lot of things that do not make sense to us today,
    but somethings do.

ES
    Those orgone disks don’t actually do anything, as they’re not based on Reichs real research. James DeMeo covers that pretty heavily in his talks. He describes how Reichs work was watered down as a diversion to throw people off track as to how Reich really got the results he did.

Ancient Egyptian technology and worldviews only don’t make sense when viewed through a faulty paradigm. In light of the physics of dielectrics, everything they did absolutely does make sense.

Electrics = the study of electro-magnetism.
    Dielectrics = the study of electro-statics.

The pyramids and temples are designed as electro-static accumulators. For what purpose?

There’s the health benefits as Reich discovered.

But densely charged electro-static environments also have a profound influence on gene expression. There’s 250 years of Western science studying dielectric fields that have been heavily suppressed. Studying dielectrics is ABSOLUTE PROOF of spirit as it manifests in matter. I can say that with 100% certainty.

Choose to ignore the science as you wish, but without having studied it, you can’t say absolute proof hasn’t been provided. It’s there for those who have the eyes to see and the heart to know.

https://emediapress.com/aaronmurakami/biohacking/
    Last edited by Jayke; 21st July 2020 at 17:43.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

aoibhghaire (23rd July 2020), Constance (21st July 2020), East Sun (21st July 2020), TomKat (22nd July 2020)

30. Link to Post #156
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank you Jayke,

anyway it looks good.

but somethings do.

ES
    Those orgone disks don’t actually do anything, as they’re not based on Reichs real research. James DeMeo covers that pretty heavily in his talks. He describes how Reichs work was watered down as a diversion to throw people off track as to how Reich really got the results he did.

Ancient Egyptian technology and worldviews only don’t make sense when viewed through a faulty paradigm. In light of the physics of dielectrics, everything they did absolutely does make sense.

Electrics = the study of electro-magnetism.
    Dielectrics = the study of electro-statics.

The pyramids and temples are designed as electro-static accumulators. For what purpose?

There’s the health benefits as Reich discovered.

But densely charged electro-static environments also have a profound influence on gene expression. There’s 250 years of Western science studying dielectric fields that have been heavily suppressed. Studying dielectrics is ABSOLUTE PROOF of spirit as it manifests in matter. I can say that with 100% certainty.

Choose to ignore the science as you wish, but without having studied it, you can’t say absolute proof hasn’t been provided. It’s there for those who have the eyes to see and the heart to know.

https://emediapress.com/aaronmurakami/biohacking/
    Jayke,
    Please excuse me and call me dense if you like but I fail to see
    how science in any capacity can in any way "prove" anything spiritual.
    Last edited by East Sun; 22nd July 2020 at 00:49.

31. Link to Post #157
    Thanks

Jayke,
    Please excuse me and call me dense if you like but I fail to see
    how science in any capacity can in any way "prove" spirituality.
    ES
    You were asking for proof of spirit.

Spirit is defined as ‘the energy that animates matter‘. Science is able to prove their is an energy that animates matter. Therefore spirit is provable.

It’s not a complicated equation by any stretch. Pretty slam-dunk straight forward to be honest.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

East Sun (22nd July 2020), greybeard (22nd July 2020), O Donna (25th July 2020), TomKat (22nd July 2020)

33. Link to Post #158
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,851 times in 3,178 posts

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Anka (22nd July 2020), East Sun (22nd July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (22nd July 2020), Harmony (22nd July 2020), O Donna (25th July 2020)

35. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)
    Quote Posted by Charles Harris (here)
    Quote Posted by syrwong (here)
    A century ago a scientist took measurements of the weight of six dying men before and after death. His conclusion was that all lost weight to some extent, and one had lost 21g (quite a lot IMO), which presumably was the weight of the soul. Interesting. He was criticised of course, but more interesting is that this experiment was never repeated. Why is it that this important and revealing experiment not repeated? My conspiracy intuition tells me that the measuring the soul, proving its existence is forbidden. The hidden PTB doe not want us to study the soul. Conclusion is: All of us have a soul.
    I was going to bring this up if no one else did. I read about the same experiment but can't remember when or where.This would indeed constitute absolute physical proof IMO, or the closest thing to proof I know of.
    If I remember correctly, it was done by one of, if not the greatest scientist of all, who changed the world in so many ways, Nikola Tesla.
    He could create paradise on earth, only if people weren't so evil and greedy, as they are now.
    I think we blew our greatest chance to achieve greatness by rejecting Tesla and because of greed.

The experiment may not have been done by Tesla but by someone else. I don't know?
    We definitely did. I can't imagine what would world look like today if we let him do what he wanted to do.

Yes, I was wrong, it was not done by him, my apologies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_grams_experiment

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

East Sun (22nd July 2020), Jayke (22nd July 2020)

37. Link to Post #160
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Charles Harris (here)
    Quote Posted by syrwong (here)
    A century ago a scientist took measurements of the weight of six dying men before and after death. His conclusion was that all lost weight to some extent, and one had lost 21g (quite a lot IMO), which presumably was the weight of the soul. Interesting. He was criticised of course, but more interesting is that this experiment was never repeated. Why is it that this important and revealing experiment not repeated? My conspiracy intuition tells me that the measuring the soul, proving its existence is forbidden. The hidden PTB doe not want us to study the soul. Conclusion is: All of us have a soul.
    I was going to bring this up if no one else did. I read about the same experiment but can't remember when or where.This would indeed constitute absolute physical proof IMO, or the closest thing to proof I know of.
    If I remember correctly, it was done by one of, if not the greatest scientist of all, who changed the world in so many ways, Nikola Tesla.
    He could create paradise on earth, only if people weren't so evil and greedy, as they are now.
    I think we blew our greatest chance to achieve greatness by rejecting Tesla and because of greed.

The experiment may not have been done by Tesla but by someone else. I don't know?
    We definitely did. I can't imagine what would world look like today if we let him do what he wanted to do.

Yes, I was wrong, it was not done by him, my apologies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_grams_experiment
    Thank you XelNaga,

" I can't imagine what would world look like today if we let him do what he wanted to do."

Far, far better than it is now, no world bankers, Soros types, Gates types, Bush's, Clinton's etc.
    In other words, just the way it is now.

We need a new Tesla or a genius like him.
    It's time for a new person to emerge to the occasion. And it may happen or has
    already happened.
    ES

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Jayke (22nd July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd July 2020), O Donna (25th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd July 2020), Wind (23rd July 2020), XelNaga (23rd July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 8 11 LastLast