+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 9 11 LastLast

Thread: Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul? And where's the proof?

1. Link to Post #161
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul? And where's the proof?

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    " I can't imagine what would world look like today if we let him do what he wanted to do."
    Far, far better than it is now, no world bankers, Soros types, Gates types, Bush's, Clinton's etc.
    In other words, just the way it is now.
    We need a new Tesla or a genius like him.
    It's time for a new person to emerge to the occasion. And it may happen or has
    already happened.
    ES

I've often wondered, if we were to go back in time and kill one person to improve humankind's lot, who would that be? I'm thinking Tesla would be a good candidate. He brought alien technology to Earth, causing human evolution to fork from a primarily spiritual base to a technological and materialistic one. His AC current made it feasible to implement the power grid that keeps everyone dependent. Without Tesla, we would probably have independent power sources in every home, running on 12 volts DC -- very low consumption, very independent, very hard for the govt to monitor and control. Because of Tesla's other inventions, governments are giddy with the possibility of controlling our every thought and action, and dream of destroying the human spirit altogether, with alien technology.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

kfm27917 (26th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #162
    Ireland Avalon Member aoibhghaire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,480 times in 860 posts

We all have the possibility and opportunity to reunite with our spiritual soul, the seemingly missing link, the part our heart longs and yearns for.

It is not another YOU search for, it is YOUR own entirety.

Our spiritual soul exists within our subconscious or unconscious, this means that our communication with it exists on a different realm than what we are consciously able to understand.

One must go beyond mind, thinking and trying to understand.

One simply observes and allows for alternate ways of relating and engaging in the abstract worlds of sounds, energy, frequency, sacred geometry, color, vibration, tones, the language of light and more.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aoibhghaire For This Post:

East Sun (23rd July 2020), Harmony (23rd July 2020), Jake (23rd July 2020), Jayke (23rd July 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd July 2020), O Donna (25th July 2020), Wind (23rd July 2020)

5. Link to Post #163
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,583 times in 1,720 posts

Thank you aoibhghaire.

You may not have had time to read all the posts and that's understandable.
    Some did not get what I was asking. I was inquiring about "proof".

I have my own way of approaching these matters knowing that, it may
    or may not be, the case as regards to anything.

I will not elaborate because Bill does not want things to be repeated
    as he has made abundantly clear.

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

aoibhghaire (23rd July 2020)

7. Link to Post #164
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    " I can't imagine what would world look like today if we let him do what he wanted to do."
    Far, far better than it is now, no world bankers, Soros types, Gates types, Bush's, Clinton's etc.
    already happened.
    ES

I've often wondered, if we were to go back in time and kill one person to improve humankind's lot, who would that be? I'm thinking Tesla would be a good candidate. He brought alien technology to Earth, causing human evolution to fork from a primarily spiritual base to a technological and materialistic one. His AC current made it feasible to implement the power grid that keeps everyone dependent. Without Tesla, we would probably have independent power sources in every home, running on 12 volts DC -- very low consumption, very independent, very hard for the govt to monitor and control. Because of Tesla's other inventions, governments are giddy with the possibility of controlling our every thought and action, and dream of destroying the human spirit altogether, with alien technology.
    It was the greedy ****'s of his day that exploited him unmercifully and destroyed him.
    They destroyed genius literally.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

aoibhghaire (23rd July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), Jayke (23rd July 2020), meeradas (23rd July 2020), O Donna (25th July 2020), Wind (23rd July 2020), XelNaga (24th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #165
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    already happened.
    ES

It was the greedy ****'s of his day that exploited him unmercifully and destroyed him.
    They destroyed genius literally.
    Tesla was a genius but he definitely wasn’t Martian.

He just represented the pinnacle of that 250 year tradition of scientific enquiry into the study of dielectrics (electro-statics) that was suppressed and hidden from the Western ‘electrical engineering’ curriculum.

What book is Tesla reading in this iconic photo?

========
    Theory of natural philosophy - Boscovich PDF

In his modern scientific thinking about the structure of the universe, Boscovich was ahead of his time: He came to the conclusion that matter is composed of particles that have powers of attraction and repulsion, and in 1748, he proposed a model for the structure of the atom. In the 19th century, scientists were aware that Boscovich's theories of forces prefigured modern physics by nearly two centuries. British physicist Joseph John Thomson is said to have remarked that his own theory of the atom is pure "Boscovichian."

Quote from "Theoria Philosophiae Naturalis":

“It will be found that everything depends on the composition of the forces with which these particles of matter act upon one another: and from these forces, as a matter of fact, all phenomena of Nature take their origin”
    =======

J.J. Thomson is another genius on par with Tesla that people rarely know or talk about. Eric Dollard has done a couple presentations on him and tells us it was Thomson’s experimental research that was the basis for the black ops and secret space program technology.

Back to Boscovich though, on page 35 of Natural Philosophy (page 65 of the PDF version), Boscovich tells us he developed his insights by finding the middle ground of the systems proposed by Newton, and that proposed by Liebniz. Isaac Newton was an alchemist who studied hermeticism, and Liebnitz gave hints that his ideas were drawn from the Pythagorean tradition.

If we follow the lineage of ideas then, Tesla has more an Ancient Egyptian/Atlantean provenance rather than Martian. Certainly born of an earthly mind, just a mind immersed in a completely opposite paradigm of perception than what we’ve been indoctrinated into believing about the nature of physics today.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th July 2020), aoibhghaire (23rd July 2020), Constance (25th July 2020), East Sun (23rd July 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), leavesoftrees (24th July 2020), O Donna (25th July 2020), XelNaga (24th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #166
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

The original OP title reminds me of this single panel cartoon. (Language and spirit, one hell of a marriage)

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Anka (25th July 2020), aoibhghaire (26th July 2020), Bill Ryan (25th July 2020), East Sun (25th July 2020), greybeard (25th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), Jake (25th July 2020), Jayke (25th July 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), meeradas (25th July 2020), norman (26th July 2020), RunningDeer (25th July 2020), Wind (25th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #167
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 times in 210 posts

Hello everyone,

I can’t provide any proof for the OP, but I’ve recently finished reading Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton and I can’t recommend it highly enough. A must-read for anyone interested in this fascinating subject.

The book itself was thrust into my hands by chance as I walked away from a job I’d worked at for many years. A job that had become an Albatross around my neck.

I’d decided for some time that I needed a change and after much careful consideration the stars aligned and I made my shock move. Unfortunately, at the worst time in human history, slap-bang into a world in lockdown. The work that I had so painstakingly lined up suddenly dried up. Then followed two months of unemployment.That’s a lot of time for hand-wringing and wondering ‘why me?’.

The funny thing is though, throughout the whole experience I felt nothing but sublime positivity against all the odds. A resolute certainty that everything is for a reason, and everything will be ok in the end.

Journey of Souls is a record of 29 carefully selected cases of people who recall their experiences as souls between their physical deaths during hypnotherapy sessions with Dr Newton, founder of The Newton Institute of Life between Lives hypnotherapy.

Through their extraordinary stories we learn not only what we experience when we die and what we experience during the processes of birth, but also how we experience life outside the physical body in between incarnations. This is the place where the real you exists. It confirmed much of what I already thought but left me with so much more to wonder at. Souls trying to describe what they think The Creator is are equally as fascinating but no spoilers here!

I came to appreciate the roles of spirit guides, why we are assigned to soul groups (a group we return to again and again after each incarnation) and I also gained an insight into why we choose the body and life we now find ourselves in, and why mandatory amnesia at birth is essential.

The earth by contrast is an action planet, a rowdy dynamic playhouse. We parachute in, adapt to our roles as best we can and try to stick to the script! I could not stop thinking of the lines from Shakespeare’s comedy ‘As You Like It’.

“All the world’s a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts ... “

Even the bodies we choose have agendas of their own. Our Neanderthal brains lusty, territorial and wired for occasional violence(in thought if not in deed). Ancestral traits in our DNA only add to the trials of life. We get kudos from other souls who have never been earth-bound for just coming here.

I would say it’s the most comprehensive study I’ve read so far on life after death with over 30 years worth of carefully selected case-studies. All appear to paint the same dazzling pictures of a vast, wondrous universe of love, light, beauty and intelligence.

Our humble language can only hint at its glory, and for me personally it’s been like finding the missing piece to the jigsaw. It’s a book that has drawn in so many seemingly disparate notions of my own, formulated haphazardly over the years from countless sources and bound them together in a deeply meaningful way. A eureka moment on every page!

Sometimes it’s extremely moving, sometimes laugh out loud. It has made me question myself too. My motives, my relationship with others, my ego and what my soul is here to learn in this present incarnation.

I came to the conclusion by the end of it that nothing is by chance, not even a colleague shoving a book into your hands as you walk out of the workplace for the last time.

We are here to learn to forgive. To show kindness, love and compassion to our fellow man and woman, and to try and leave our world a better place than we found it.

That it seems is the script. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mare For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th July 2020), aoibhghaire (26th July 2020), Bill Ryan (25th July 2020), East Sun (25th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (25th July 2020), Gwin Ru (25th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), Jayke (25th July 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #168
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank you Mare,

My post was about asking members if they believed we have a spirit, soul etc. in their view
    and if there is proof. The thread went round in circles on and on.

I really appreciate your reply. I may read that book.
    Thanks.

I hope this leads to you finding what you wish for most.

ES

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (25th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), Mare (25th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #169
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

About soul groups:

When I was a teenager, I had an experience like no other. I left my body, and found myself in the middle of a circle of beings. In those moments my amnesia lifted and I remembered who I truly was. I knew a lot more than I would otherwise, actually it was more like I forgot my usual self and remembered my essence. I cannot remember what was discussed, except it was about me. I was given instruction, I was filled with light, I was suffused with love. I was home with my family.

Then I realized I was going to go back, and I was sad. And then terrified. I begged not to be sent back. But then I relaxed into the necessity of it. The last thing I remember was being extremely proud of my heritage, of the paramount importance of my mission. And then I was back with my friends, with my girlfriend on my arm, riding in a car to the next party...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th July 2020), East Sun (25th July 2020), Gwin Ru (25th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), Jayke (25th July 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), Mare (25th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2020), meeradas (25th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #170
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 times in 210 posts

You’ve started a really interesting thread here East Sun but you sound disappointed by it. None of us can prove anything of course and I’m sure you know that, but we can share something of what many of us feel. I think a lot of us, judging by the responses, are enjoying the opportunity.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mare For This Post:

aoibhghaire (26th July 2020), Bill Ryan (25th July 2020), Constance (25th July 2020), East Sun (25th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (25th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), Jayke (26th July 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2020), meeradas (26th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

21. Link to Post #171
    United States Avalon Member NX.P's Avatar
    Thanks

This is sort of like an atheist saying to a Buddhist, "I don't believe in god" and the Bhuddist replying "What do you mean by 'god'?".

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NX.P For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th July 2020), Constance (26th July 2020), East Sun (26th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (26th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), Mare (26th July 2020), meeradas (26th July 2020), O Donna (26th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

23. Link to Post #172
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

I don't have proof that I (or any human) can't light a fire with just energy from my hands ... but even without that proof, I know it would be foolish to try to start a fire that way.

The concept of "proof" in order to define a reality is flawed within itself. Therefore the "requirement" of proof to define reality is an erroneous assumption ... perhaps you are approaching the entire idea incorrectly, East Sun ... give that a thought ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th July 2020), Constance (26th July 2020), East Sun (26th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (26th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), Jayke (26th July 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2020), meeradas (26th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #173
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,283 times in 2,101 posts

For me, I have been shown through a few different experiences that we indeed do have a life after death and that we have connections to other family spirits, souls, or whatever.

I beleive that we are not meant to know for certain that we are eternal. Knowing, without a doubt, that there is life beyond your current state on this planet changes how you feel about things. It makes a very big difference to how you look at life.

For myself, I have to often try not to think about what I have learned, because it can make you so benevolent that many things do not tend to matter anymore.

We have to keep working hard in this life term or we have wasted it.

This is a difficult thing to fully describe. If anyone wants more info from me about this, just ask and I will be happy to answer/reply as best I can.

I tend to think that many people have had experiences for them to learn things themselves, but they might not be ready to accept some things, for whatever reason.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th July 2020), Bill Ryan (26th July 2020), East Sun (26th July 2020), Harmony (26th July 2020), Jayke (26th July 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), Mare (26th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2020), rgray222 (26th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #174
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,025 times in 2,653 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    For me, I have been shown through a few different experiences that we indeed do have a life after death and that we have connections to other family spirits, souls, or whatever.

I beleive that we are not meant to know for certain that we are eternal. Knowing, without a doubt, that there is life beyond your current state on this planet changes how you feel about things. It makes a very big difference to how you look at life.

For myself, I have to often try not to think about what I have learned, because it can make you so benevolent that many things do not tend to matter anymore.

We have to keep working hard in this life term or we have wasted it.

This is a difficult thing to fully describe. If anyone wants more info from me about this, just ask and I will be happy to answer/reply as best I can.

I tend to think that many people have had experiences for them to learn things themselves, but they might not be ready to accept some things, for whatever reason.
    Dear Patient,

I would love to hear anything you would like to share.⚘

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th July 2020), Bill Ryan (26th July 2020), East Sun (26th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (26th July 2020), Jayke (26th July 2020), Patient (27th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #175
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mare (here)
    You’ve started a really interesting thread here East Sun but you sound disappointed by it. None of us can prove anything of course and I’m sure you know that, but we can share something of what many of us feel. I think a lot of us, judging by the responses, are enjoying the opportunity.
    You are right, I was disappointed not because of proof but during the ongoing thread there was controversy about incorrect posting that I thought correctly or incorrectly might have been hinting at my thread or my posts.

Paranoia, perhaps, but that's what I was concerned about.
    ES
    Last edited by East Sun; 26th July 2020 at 12:32.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #176
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,811 times in 4,349 posts

Hello everyone,

I can’t provide any proof for the OP, but I’ve recently finished reading Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Michael Newton and I can’t recommend it highly enough. A must-read for anyone interested in this fascinating subject.
    Yes absolutely, a must read for anyone interested in this, I'd even go so far to say a must read for everyone, on Earth, who can read. It's on the list I posted back on page 5, with other very important titles. If you liked and enjoyed Journey of Souls, Newton followed up with Destiny of Souls, which is deeper, more detailed, and an even better read.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th July 2020), East Sun (26th July 2020), kfm27917 (26th July 2020), Mare (26th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #177
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Hello everyone,

Yes absolutely, a must read for anyone interested in this, I'd even go so far to say a must read for everyone, on Earth, who can read. It's on the list I posted back on page 5, with other very important titles. If you liked and enjoyed Journey of Souls, Newton followed up with Destiny of Souls, which is deeper, more detailed, and an even better read.
    Those were the books that really started my awakening journey.
    After realizing that reincarnation is real, I got further into different rabbit holes.

Here's an interview of Michael Newton about the subject.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anka (26th July 2020), East Sun (26th July 2020), greybeard (26th July 2020), Mare (26th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2020), meeradas (26th July 2020), O Donna (26th July 2020)

35. Link to Post #178
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,069 times in 2,400 posts

Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul?

Nomenclature, the two things are basically synonymous - unless you are deeply invested in a particular school of thought.

And where's the proof?

The proof is apparent for those that have had 'experiences' and cannot be adequately shared. They are often extremely personal and are perhaps the ultimate 'Catch 22'.

However, sharing your experience with a potentially receptive individual is akin to a quote attributed to the historical figure often refered to as Jesus, that suggested, "Some seeds fall on stony grounds... etc".

I am curious, have all the various replies led you to reconsider the feelings that prompted you to start the thread?

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

East Sun (26th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (26th July 2020), greybeard (26th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th July 2020), meeradas (26th July 2020), Patient (27th July 2020), rgray222 (26th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

37. Link to Post #179
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,860 times in 3,179 posts

This must be included here,

just for the fun of "boring East Sun to death" (of course, not to be taken literally),
    because it's completely "proof-less"; and for all who do not know it, yet (it's a gem):

If you want to "know what i know", go here and listen close
    Last edited by meeradas; 27th July 2020 at 00:32. Reason: -l

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

East Sun (26th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (26th July 2020), greybeard (26th July 2020), O Donna (26th July 2020), Wind (26th July 2020)

39. Link to Post #180
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Do we have a Spirit? Do we have a Soul?

Nomenclature, the two things are basically synonymous - unless you are deeply invested in a particular school of thought.

And where's the proof?

The proof is apparent for those that have had 'experiences' and cannot be adequately shared. They are often extremely personal and are perhaps the ultimate 'Catch 22'.

However, sharing your experience with a potentially receptive individual is akin to a quote attributed to the historical figure often refered to as Jesus, that suggested, "Some seeds fall on stony grounds... etc".

I am curious, have all the various replies led you to reconsider the feelings that prompted you to start the thread?
    As I stated earlier, I was curious, asking questions, to see what others thought about my questions that I had asked
    myself, for ever.

Most people do ask the same questions, for a variety of reasons, even when they know what they believe already.
    ES

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th July 2020), Ewan (27th July 2020), greybeard (26th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 9 11 LastLast