+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: Mainstream Sportscasters Waking Up

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,657 times in 8,595 posts

Default Re: Mainstream Sportscasters Waking Up

https://twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/sta...663143435?s=20

Quote “And you know, Sarah, here’s what’s interesting,” Jones said. “And, I say that because there’s so many different groups from Antifa to others being funded by George Soros and these left-wing groups who really want to get rid of religion, too. But they have infiltrated Black Lives Matter...
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 8th July 2020 at 20:45.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), Mike (8th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    ...and they are both black men, which I don't think is insignificant. Huge kudos to both Marcellus Wiley and Jason Whitlock for standing up to this madness. And loads of credit to Tucker Carlson for continuing to do the great work.

Wiley, an ESPN sportscaster, uses BLM's own words on their website to demonstrate their goal of destroying the traditional family unit. And Whitlock calls them out directly as being the Marxist political party they really are

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jason-whi...014047240.html
    This video is kind of off-thread, but still very relevant to the point you make about the ultimate goal of destroying the traditional family unit, and which is very much explored in this presentation.

It's called "Countering The Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys (1987)" by Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu

In this video he explores:
    • When the conspiracy started
    • Who is against black boys
    • Why is there a conspiracy against them
    • What exactly is the conspiracy.
    • The relationship between black mothers and their sons
    • The relationship between teachers and black male students
    • Case studies
    • Rites of passage - when do black boys know when they have become men?

The video is nearly an hour long and I wish I could pick out the most relevant bits but I can't, simply because it's packed with solid arguments and information from start to finish.

"It's not a conspiracy to destroy black men, it's conspiracy to destroy black boys. If you destroy as boy, he'll never become a man". Such a painful to hear truth.
    If only this was required viewing. Brilliant doc, thanks for posting...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justjane For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), Ernie Nemeth (8th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I think, JustJane, that you are right. You have been fixed in your views for some time now. It is quite understandable. And not much anyone says will change that right now. Many of us came here with rigid stances as well, brought about by having felt isolated and alone for so long. And you are right.

Soon, however, if you stick it out, you will soften, and you will question your own views. Only then can learning begin anew.

I hope you hang around, your views are fresh and unique. They will alter our views as well.

Thanks for being you.
    Being new here Ernie doesn’t make me new to the world. It doesn’t even make me new to the truther experience. I went through my awakening over 20 years ago, very confident with who I am and how I see the world but I do appreciate you reaching out to make me feel welcome. Just don’t expect me to change. It’s not why I’m here, sorry.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justjane For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (8th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    It is not an organization's responsibility nor ability to fix the world's problems. We have several of those that have been "trying" to do that for thousands of years - non of them make the world a better place. Organizations are so prone to corruption by outside interests through the acts of funding and philanthropy. Its everywhere in plain sight to see.

So who's responsibility is it? It is all of ours and requires all our participation. If not, it is easy to sit back as a non participant and say "I wonder if BLM (the organization) has fixed the world yet?", or worse feel like they don't need to participate at all because "its the problem of the BLM organzation, not my problem to solve."

Joining a club, giving them money and practicing their rituals in the guise of fixing the world is what religions have been doing for a long time. It doesn't work. It doesn't do anything but give you the illusion it does - ad infinitum. People in their church have absolutely no idea of the corruption that has plagued their religion and would likely deny it if you told them. The group think offers protection to the corruptors.

I am speaking generally and broadly about how such organizations are most always hijacked by more private interest groups. Its risky and potentially dangerous. BLM is no different in my eyes. When I look at their guidance I see them only trying to encourage ways to promote outrage culture, find ways to make money for donations (of course), etc - instead of focusing on love and reconciliation, and small acts of kindness that go a long way - you know, the stuff we actually need.

Its up to each of us individually to influence the change, not some private clubs that have instructions for white people on how to act, etc.

This is why I do not support BLM the organization, or pretty much any organization - I didn't really learn the full truth about the cancer societies, until my father got cancer, then it became obvious that they were a front.

I of course, as indicate early in this thread support the black lives matter initiative and concept.

2 cents.
    Actually, this isn’t true at all. Social organisations are not the same as churches, and they do lead to real world changes. The feminist and labour movements of old brought enormous change to our lives and communities.

Of course their open to corruption, no ones arguing they’re not, but at this point, they are achieving some important ends. You may not agree with them but those achievements are being made regardless.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I support black lives. I do not support Black Lives Matter.
    Exactly, and Amen to that. blm and BLM have totally different ideologies and agendas.

The following is not intended to be critical or dismissive of anyone reading this... it's just a true subjective statement for me. It's sometimes really quite hard for me to understand how smart, aware people can't tell the difference. That often truly bewilders me.... it seems so obvious.
    So we support black lives matter until they start to organise?

Noted.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justjane For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Justjane (here)

Noted.
    Wow, are you [sometimes!] pointed and sarcastic.

No, that's not what that meant.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), Ernie Nemeth (8th July 2020), kudzy (9th July 2020), Snoweagle (21st July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Yoda (9th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Actually, this isn’t true at all. Social organisations are not the same as churches, and they do lead to real world changes. The feminist and labour movements of old brought enormous change to our lives and communities.

Except that labour and feminine movements are movements ... not organizations. (and I'd say the jury is still out on who really promoted the feminists movements and who gained the most from the way it was implemented - to my main point)

blm as a movement driven by the public?

BLM as an organization?
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th July 2020), Constance (8th July 2020), Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), Ivanhoe (8th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

Except that labour and feminine movements are movements ... not organizations. (and I'd say the jury is still out on who really promoted the feminists movements and who gained the most from the way it was implemented - to my main point)

blm as a movement driven by the public?

BLM as an organization?
    All movements are driven by organisations. Without organisations driving them, movements lose momentum. The feminist, labour and civil rights movements all had organisations supporting them and pushing them forward.

What you all seem to be objecting to is who is funding these organisations and what you think their agenda is. If it’s not clear, I’m in full support of a Marxist, communist agenda, and I fully recognise that systems sometimes need to be destroyed to be rebuilt and sometimes that can lead to violence especially when people try all other means and have not been heard. I also think it’s about time the US experienced just a small taste of what it is they’ve dished out to the rest of the world.

I objected so strongly to what Mike posted here because I was also following the systemic racism thread and I found many of his responses there problematic and indicative of deeper, underlying issues but I’m happy for Mike to correct me. I just don’t want to be continually drawn into the same issues.

Black Americans have a tough time in the US. There are systemic issues that support that. They’ve tried various means to address this issue most of which have been unsuccessful. Black Lives Matter as a movement or an organisation provides them a platform to collectivise and be heard. That that cause could be infiltrated by people with nefarious agendas or become corrupted is a part of life, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a right to exist, to be supported or to try to address the issues they are concerned with.

I think some of us need to grow up and recognise that nothing is going to unfold perfectly or in accordance with our wishes or how we would do things or think they should be done. Sometimes we need to recognise that trade offs need to happen and hope that the good which can be achieved can outweigh the bad.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Noted.
    Wow, are you [sometimes!] pointed and sarcastic.

No, that's not what that meant.
    Nah, I’m just Australian. We call it what it is 😂 but super glad to hear it. Hope I’ve articulated myself better in my other post!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justjane For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), DeDukshyn (9th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

If it’s not clear, I’m in full support of a Marxist, communist agenda, and I fully recognise that systems sometimes need to be destroyed to be rebuilt and sometimes that can lead to violence especially when people try all other means and have not been heard. I also think it’s about time the US experienced just a small taste of what it is they’ve dished out to the rest of the world.

I think this clarification of Jane's position (a very helpful one, too, so thank you) might be very useful for all members to fully understand.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ClearWater (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), DeDukshyn (9th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2020), Franny (9th July 2020), Gemma13 (9th July 2020), happyuk (9th July 2020), kudzy (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Yoda (9th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I wouldn't expect you to change. I suspect you will grow, however. And you will, I've no doubt.

You came here. No one forced you to. You will mellow, and you will grow, because that is why you are here. God bless you.

You are needed. But I digress. You are not quite there yet.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Constance (9th July 2020), Franny (9th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

If it’s not clear, I’m in full support of a Marxist, communist agenda, and I fully recognise that systems sometimes need to be destroyed to be rebuilt and sometimes that can lead to violence especially when people try all other means and have not been heard. I also think it’s about time the US experienced just a small taste of what it is they’ve dished out to the rest of the world.

I think this clarification of Jane's position (a very helpful one, too, so thank you) might be very useful for all members to fully understand.
    Sure, because now it means you can disregard what I say now that I’ve outed myself which means there’s probably little point to me continuing a dialogue here.

20. Link to Post #31
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I wouldn't expect you to change. I suspect you will grow, however. And you will, I've no doubt.

You came here. No one forced you to. You will mellow, and you will grow, because that is why you are here. God bless you.

You are needed. But I digress. You are not quite there yet.
    Ernie, I’m sorry but that is some seriously condescending, arrogant **** right there. Disagreeing with you doesn’t mean I have something to learn or need to grow or mean I’m ‘not quite there yet’. I know why I’m here and what it was I needed to learn and do and it wasn’t to pontificate about the nefarious agendas of the ruling classes. I get it, they have them, I’m wanting to move beyond those conversations to affecting actual change. Doesn’t seem like anyone here is actually interested in that.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Justjane For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2020)

22. Link to Post #32
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

No!

Because we recognize the truth of what you say but also see a higher purpose you have yet to experience - or understand.

23. Link to Post #33
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

I’m wanting to move beyond those conversations to affecting actual change. Doesn’t seem like anyone here is actually interested in that.
    I am Jane. Have you seen my latest thread?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

ClearWater (9th July 2020), DeDukshyn (9th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #34
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Justjane it would be really helpful if you could share why you support communism.  As you are well aware it is a word that could be said is very triggering to some as it is loaded with different interpretations, perspectives and experiences.

I did read you mentioned being pushed for time so perhaps a brief list of communist ideals you support or a brief explanation of what advantages you see in communism; in other words how do you imagine a communist society to look like.

I'm genuinely interested in the contemporary marxist/communist view and if there are others of like mind; perhaps some links that I could look at.

If you are able to share information on this topic perhaps a new thread would be helpful for discussion.  Thanks.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

ClearWater (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2020), Franny (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,096 times in 20,639 posts

I am wondering why Jane has shared so little about herself in her Avalon profile.
    Nothing as to her (assuming Jane is female--am I using the politically correct terms here?) gender, country of origin, age, etc.
    If, as it seems, she is intent on enlisting some of us in activism, I think it would be appropriate to share with us a little bit more about herself, her background, if she is a member of any other groups, etc.
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

I agree but its not dismissive, if that's the assertion. Still fully valid for discussion.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Constance (9th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

No!

Because we recognize the truth of what you say but also see a higher purpose you have yet to experience - or understand.
    And what would that be Ernie?

32. Link to Post #38
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    Justjane it would be really helpful if you could share why you support communism.  As you are well aware it is a word that could be said is very triggering to some as it is loaded with different interpretations, perspectives and experiences.

I did read you mentioned being pushed for time so perhaps a brief list of communist ideals you support or a brief explanation of what advantages you see in communism; in other words how do you imagine a communist society to look like.

I'm genuinely interested in the contemporary marxist/communist view and if there are others of like mind; perhaps some links that I could look at.

If you are able to share information on this topic perhaps a new thread would be helpful for discussion.  Thanks.
    Hi Gemma,

Communism speaks for itself and I don’t have the time or the wherewithal to write an essay which is what would be required to give due justice to this topic but I will do my best to encapsulate my position.

Communism is one of the only economic models which actually takes into the consideration the needs of its people and seeks to achieve equity for all. The old adage, ‘from each according to his ability, to each according to his need’, represents the fundamental tenet of the model.

It is also one of the only economic model that doesn’t have materiality and perpetual and unsustainable economic growth as one of its core functions. It uses technocratic principles to determine the needs of a society and distribute resources accordingly.

Unfortunately, communism requires a level of maturity and compassion which most people do not possess in order to function optimally in our society which is a shame.
    Last edited by Justjane; 9th July 2020 at 03:40.

33. Link to Post #39
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I am wondering why Jane has shared so little about herself in her Avalon profile.
    Nothing as to her (assuming Jane is female--am I using the politically correct terms here?) gender, country of origin, age, etc.
    If, as it seems, she is intent on enlisting some of us in activism, I think it would be appropriate to share with us a little bit more about herself, her background, if she is a member of any other groups, etc.
    Apart from your flag, neither have you. Unsure why this is important.

34. Link to Post #40
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

This Forum is a parody of itself now.

You all claim to be these woke people yet as I just watch from the sideline, you are all just as much driven by the MSM as the so called sheep.

People here actually take Rupert Murdoch Propaganda agency seriously here and it blows my mind. Tucker carlson was actually given a shout out for being a good source if you can believe that.

You all just take the MSM topics and regurgitate it here. Dont you all think it is interesting that the main topic threads are driven by the same headlines in the MSM?

If you are talking about the same topics as them, then they have won even if you dont watch or engage them. The mere fact that the topic is dictated and you accept it is super telling.

JustJane. I applaud you standing out and speaking your beliefs in the face of the things you get here.

A word of advice though, I think you will find it is not worth engaging white supremacist. They wont admit they are, but you can see in their beliefs and language that they speak the exact same ways as white supremacist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast