Thread: Constance's empowerment portal

1. Link to Post #61
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: Constance's empowerment portal

On the day after Martin Luther King was assassinated in April of '68, in the little town of Riceville Iowa, a teacher by the name of Jane Elliott, who had been talking to, and teaching her third grade students about racism, decided to try an experiment with her little third graders. The experiment was all about prejudice.

Can one teacher in one day, change the lives of her students forever?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th July 2020), ClearWater (12th July 2020), Forest Denizen (19th July 2020), Franny (13th July 2020), RunningDeer (12th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th July 2020), Sophocles (13th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #62
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Constance's Empowerment Portal - Share Your Inspirations Here

Quote Posted by gord (here)
    Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

Great thread, Constance.

I posted a shorter version on the Here and Now thread, with a shout-out to onawah for her post.

Here's a short intro and a review by Alexandra Bruce of Forbidden Knowledge:

Richard Grannon:
    “Hopefully, these thoughts will help you assert your cognitive boundaries and will help you to insulate yourself to a some degree during the storm."

“If you’re going to do something naughty, I don’t think you can get away with it in the same way anymore. So what do you do? You level up. You go meta-, instead of trying to deceive people and work behind their backs, as to what it is you’re really doing, it’s way more efficient to just confuse them about what’s right and what’s wrong. Cognitive dissonance, nobody knows right from wrong. The really clever thing that they’ve done, the evil thing that they’ve done is the slow encroachment of the boundaries.”
    The CIA did this - Alice in Wonderland Technique (10 min)

Reviewed by Alexandra Bruce of Forbidden Knowledge

ALICE IN WONDERLAND TECHNIQUE: THE POWER OF APPLIED CONFUSION

May 24, 2020
    [article & hyper links]
    "On May 12th, Anthony Fauci testified before the Senate that reopening the economy too quickly could lead to “suffering and death that could be avoided [that] could even set you back on the road to…economic recovery.”

On May 23rd, Anthony Fauci appeared to reverse course when he told CNBC that the stay-at-home orders could end up causing “irreparable damage” and “I don’t want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go.”

This about-face triggered tweets of exasperation. Then I saw Amazing Polly’s tweet that what Fauci did was an example of the “Alice in Wonderland Technique”.

I’ve heard of Alice in Wonderland – but a technique by that name? This sent me down a rabbit hole for which I’m grateful, because for the past three years, I’ve been talking about the “psychological civil war” being waged against us, not knowing that the orchestrated gaslighting we’ve been subjected to is a scaled-up version of what was originally developed as an interrogation technique.

In other words, what we’ve been being put through is literally torture and the technique described in “Alice in Wonderland: The Power of Applied Confusion”, a chapter starting on page 129 of a manual entitled, ‘EDUCING INFORMATION – Interrogation: Science and Art’, published by the National Defense Intelligence College in 2006, citing a 1963 torture manual entitled, “KUBARK Counterintelligence Interrogation Manual, Human Resource Exploitation Training Manual,” based on CIA research, much of it conducted through the MK ULTRA program but some of it going all the way back to the 1350s, to the work of Nicholas Eymerich, Inquisitor General of Aragon, Spain.

In this video, Richard Grannon does a good job explaining the details of this torture technique that I feel could help us to cope with the madness of COVID-19. When we know that it’s called Alice in Wonderland and that it incorporates Gregory Bateson’s double-bind theory of Schizophrenia, scaled-up to the level of a global psyop, it can help us release ourselves from its thrall.
    Grannon explains:
    “You bring the person to be interrogated into the room, and you have the three interrogators immediately to start to badger them…with nonsensical questions. The pitch and the tone and the pacing of their questions will not match the subjects which they’re covering. Often times, the subjects that they’re asking the person being interrogated about are nonsensical. They go nowhere, they mean nothing.

“The purpose stated in the interrogation technique is not just to obliterate the normal. The purpose is also to replace that which is normal, with the mindbogglingly bizarre. So the person goes into a state of deep trauma that is so awful, they would rather give up their secrets and return to a reality that makes sense, than have to continue with more days [of this]. It takes days for them to crack, usually.”

To me, this describes the antics seen in the unrelenting #FakeNews, the Mueller Investigation and the fake impeachment, concomitant with things like #MeToo and the transgender putsch that have become the themes of this era.

Christine Blasey Ford, Jussie Smollett and the media crucifixion of Nick Sandmann were illogical orchestrated psyops designed to badger everyone into agreement, in order to just make it stop.

We’ve known that this was unconventional warfare but knowing that it’s called the Alice in Wonderland technique empowers you to identify it when it’s happening, to help you distance yourself from the fragmentation that it is attempting to induce.

Grannon likens the psyop currently being unleashed upon the global populace (he recorded this last October) to 9/11, which he believes would be much harder to pull off today, with so many people carrying smartphones at all times.

He says, “If you’re going to do something naughty, I don’t think you can get away with it in the same way anymore. So what do you do? You level up. You go meta-, instead of trying to deceive people and work behind their backs, as to what it is you’re really doing, it’s way more efficient to just confuse them about what’s right and what’s wrong. Cognitive dissonance, nobody knows right from wrong. The really clever thing that they’ve done, the evil thing that they’ve done is the slow encroachment of the boundaries.”

Hopefully, these thoughts will help you assert your cognitive boundaries and will help you to insulate yourself to a some degree during the storm."
    Thanks for that Paula I hadn't seen it!! I tend to mostly mind my own business at the moment unless something comes my way, or I am supporting someone in living their highest truth.
    It's a good video. To put it simply: everybody's being gaslighted.
    I'm glad that you got something out of it Gord. . You've got that in a nutshell - everybody's being gaslighted

There is a way to dissolve all of the confusion created by the gaslighting. Brian Schaefer talks about this in his blog "MY LIFE IS NOT A F*****G STORY" - so don't include me in yours

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th July 2020), gord (13th July 2020), Harmony (16th July 2020), RunningDeer (12th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #63
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)

I have been seeing the toll of gaslighting. People are literally feeling torn apart by internal dissonance based on "abstract" info. I am aware that this is intentional and a thick tangled grid in which we may easily wrapped around and ensnared. I have been a part of seeking info all my life. I more than most love "knowledge" but I am as sure as I can be that the internal pathways of my neurocognitive landscape MUST be resurfaced.

I have loved to watch and hear SO MANY presentations of various kinds. It is like drinking... one drink leads to another (when addicted). I am sure that watching one more will not make any difference as to my ability to make sense of my reality BUT part of me believes maybe THAT next SEGMENT has the "answer"? I really feel compulsively fixated on an idea that "out there" I will find an answer FINALLY. My own compulsion to seek "more" info attaches me to an Eregore which IMO is deadly.
    I whole heartedly agree with you there Maggie. You've probably heard this quote by John Naisbit before

We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.

If we are looking at information that is void of inspiration, then what are we really looking at?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (12th July 2020), Bill Ryan (12th July 2020), gord (13th July 2020), Harmony (16th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #64
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,603 times in 673 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    Quote Posted by Delight (here)

I have been seeing the toll of gaslighting. People are literally feeling torn apart by internal dissonance based on "abstract" info. I am aware that this is intentional and a thick tangled grid in which we may easily wrapped around and ensnared. I have been a part of seeking info all my life. I more than most love "knowledge" but I am as sure as I can be that the internal pathways of my neurocognitive landscape MUST be resurfaced.

I have loved to watch and hear SO MANY presentations of various kinds. It is like drinking... one drink leads to another (when addicted). I am sure that watching one more will not make any difference as to my ability to make sense of my reality BUT part of me believes maybe THAT next SEGMENT has the "answer"? I really feel compulsively fixated on an idea that "out there" I will find an answer FINALLY. My own compulsion to seek "more" info attaches me to an Eregore which IMO is deadly.
    I whole heartedly agree with you there Maggie. You've probably heard this quote by John Naisbit before

We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.

If we are looking at information that is void of inspiration, then what are we really looking at?
    For me, it's more of a case of trying to expose enough of what's been aimed at me and a few others who matter to me a very great deal, in order that it just ends with them safe. The rest is irrelevant to me.
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Constance (13th July 2020), Harmony (16th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #65
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Beauty is as essential to us as goodness and freedom in our lives. Roger Scruton talks to us about why beauty is a universal need for human beings. He says, If we ignore this need, we find ourselves in a spiritual desert, I want to show you the path out of the desert.

Source: Watch on Vimeo

Why beauty matters
    Last edited by Constance; 10th March 2021 at 21:32.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Sophocles (13th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #66
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

At the time of this filming, Amy was living in a beautiful mountain area in Costa Rica and was living a solitary lifestyle. She slept outside underneath her rancho and spent most of her time naked. She only ate food that was on her property.

She talks here about how we can have access to all the cosmic energies that are available to all of us when we sleep out underneath the stars. There are certain times of the day when the cosmic energies are at their most potent and so if we maintain a daily ritual, we can become sensitive to, and receive all of those energies.

For some reason, I cannot find the full length interview. The rest of the interview is as equally good so if anyone does manage to find it, could they please share it on Constance's Empowerment Portal - Share your inspirations here thread?

Amy the enigmatic lady who lives off the Grid in Costa Rica

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Bluegreen (14th July 2020), Forest Denizen (19th July 2020), Franny (13th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Peace in Oz (9th April 2021), Sophocles (13th July 2020), TomKat (13th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020), wondering (13th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #67
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

In this brilliant and insightful documentary about how we can protect the future of our wild Salmon, Patagonia asks some very important questions. Questions such as, How far do we go to manufacture wildness? I had always known that artificial hatcheries were not ideal but I had no idea just why they were so devastating to our ecology.

Artifishal (Full Film) | The Fight to Save Wild Salmon
    Last edited by Constance; 13th July 2020 at 02:30.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (13th July 2020), Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Forest Denizen (19th July 2020), Franny (13th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Sophocles (13th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020), wondering (13th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #68
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Why do the people of Thailand have so many festivals? I was fascinated by the answer that Jon gave to the audience. Jon gives a very simple, funny and profound talk on a life of simplicity.

Jon is a farmer from northeastern Thailand. He founded the Pun Pun Center for Self-reliance, an organic farm outside Chiang Mai, with his wife Peggy Reents in 2003.

Life is easy. Why do we make it so hard? | Jon Jandai | TEDxDoiSuthep
    Last edited by Constance; 13th July 2020 at 06:26.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Forest Denizen (19th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Sophocles (13th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020), wondering (13th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #69
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

When we recycle our computers, and our televisions (for those of us who have these), we will with good intent, send them off to recycling depots so that certain parts of electronic goods can be recycled.

However, there is a dark side to the electronics recycling industry and it involves the unofficial and often illegal dumping of this electronic waste in third world countries such as Africa and Asia. The Agbogbloshie dump in Ghana is the subject of this report by SBS dateline.

I was introduced to the term Ephemeralization a little while ago. Buckminster Fuller originally coined this term to describe how we might do more with less.

E-Waste Hell
    Last edited by Constance; 13th July 2020 at 22:26.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Franny (14th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Sophocles (13th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020), wondering (13th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #70
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

From beginning to end, this beautifully made film featuring Edgar Mitchell, captivated my heart. It is a story about one mans quest to find out if there were major benefits to be had from walking barefoot on the earth.

The narrator and producer of this film, Steve Kroschel - a National Geographic filmmaker for over 30 years, begins the story in minus 35 degree temperatures and record snow falls in Haines, Alaska. Naked, he lay underneath his home for 20 minutes to see if he could alleviate his back pain by Earthing. The results had him say

It is a moment like this that you just want to jump on your snow machine and get to the first person who you can think of who is suffering.

The story goes from strength to strength as he discovers that many of his skeptical neighbours and business colleagues who had suffered from various chronic ailments were recovering almost overnight. It raises some very deep questions about our connection with nature and Mother Earth.

Name:  proxy-image (1).jpg
Views: 513
Size:  8.3 KB

Grounded (the documentary)

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Forest Denizen (19th July 2020), Franny (14th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020)

21. Link to Post #71
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

As you would expect from a documentary like this, the cinematography, the stories and the musical score is exquisite.
    Patagonia follows a group of skiers, snowboarders, scientists and healers to the birch forests of Japan, the red cedars of British Columbia and the bristlecones of Nevada, as they explore an ancient story written in rings. I was captivated by how the Japanese celebrate a trees life. Many of their shrines and temples are devoted to trees. It's a profound perspective on how trees communicate with us and each other and a reminder to go hug a tree and connect with it.

Treeline (Full Film) | The Secret Life of Trees
    Last edited by Constance; 14th July 2020 at 01:29.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (13th July 2020), Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Franny (14th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020)

23. Link to Post #72
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What if we could continue to build upon our strength, balance, stability and coordination by never leaving the playground?

If the meaning of life is to have fun - why do we stop playing as adults?

One of the 21 keys to inspiration is to exercise at the appropriate level of our fitness.

Never Stop Playing

Never Leave the Playground from neverleavetheplayground.com
    Last edited by Constance; 13th July 2020 at 23:55.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th July 2020), Franny (14th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #73
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ron Finlay is a guerilla gardener. He has been a constant inspiration to me and to all those who have crossed his path.

Plants change people. I have conversations with people that I've seen for years that I would never imagine.

People can take whatever they want from his gardens. He says, why should people be hungry?

Ron Finley: Food Forest

A guerilla gardener in South Central LA | Ron Finley
    Last edited by Constance; 14th July 2020 at 02:09.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Forest Denizen (19th July 2020), Franny (14th July 2020), Harmony (14th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #74
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have often wondered how many people are aware of this...

A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945 - by Isao Hashimoto

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (14th July 2020), Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (14th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #75
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Paul Hawken gave this rousing speech back in 2014. Paul mentioned that at a minimum, there were over 130,000 grassroot movements and potentially anywhere up to 500,000. Memberships within many grassroot movements at the time were thought to be in the order of the millions. That was in 2014. Imagine how many there might be in 2020? I find this every bit as relevant and inspirational today as I did back then.

Here are some highlights from the video:
    There is another superpower here on earth that is an unnamed movement.
    It is far different and bigger and more unique than anything we have ever seen.
    It flies under the radar of the media.
    By and large it is non-violent.
    It is grassroots.
    It has no cluster bombs, no armies and no helicopters.
    It has no central ideology

It is my belief that we are part of a movement that is greater and deeper and broader than we ourselves know or can know

There is no justice without caring for the earth and there's no way to save this earth of course without caring for its people

It's so new, we can't recognize it. We're familiar with armies and governments and war and churches and religions but there's no precedent for what we're doing. What we are creating is completely unknown. It is everywhere. There is no centre, there's no one spokesperson.

It's in every country and in every city on earth. It is within every tribe, race, every culture and every ethnic group in the world. This is the first time on earth that a powerful non-ideological movement has arisen and during the span of the 20th century. Big ideologies will worship like religion, they dominated our beliefs.

Ideologies dominate us: capitalism, socialism, communism. In the words of Ed Hunt, ideologies stalk the earth clad in armor. They fought for the control of our minds and our lands and it wasn't pretty. We were told that salvation would be found in the domination of a single system and this is where salvation will be found. We know that as biologists, we know that as community organizers, we know that as ecologists, it's found in diversity, not in domination.

This movement does not seek power, this misunderstood that way. It seeks to dismantle power. Very very different. It doesn't mean that it's politically inactive, it means this though; that its overriding agenda is to create a world where the kind of political power we're seeing is criminal, illegal and unnecessary.
    It is only visible in its parts occasionally and when they are seen, they're labeled by the media as environmentalists, anti-corporate ragtag, marginal poorly funded, ex- hippies liberals, and it's all true actually but what's missing from these labels and which cannot be tagged so easily is the underlying vision and values and heart and that is what makes this movement a movement.

Because if you ask every one of these groups in the world to write down what informs them, what is it that creates you know, the passion to do the work that they're doing; it is six, seven, eight or nine things and write it down a piece of paper. And if you had a room or a hall big enough, and you put it on the wall, and you walked down and you read every one of them, they do not contradict themselves.
    This is coming up.
    This is grassroots.
    This is the real deal.
    This has never happened in the history on earth ever.
    It's singular
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 15th July 2020 at 00:05. Reason: corrected typo in Paul Hawken's name (important for searching for the keyword) <3

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (15th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #76
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This interview with Jordan Hall took a bit of getting the head and the heart around at the beginning because Jordan takes his time to build the framework and the foundation for where he is heading with all of this but once he got to that point, I realised just how spectacular it all was.

Jordan begins by explaining how the structures of civilisation are breaking down at an increasing rate, and what we can do about it - and the necessary evolution we need to make to operate effectively as a world.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #77
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The need to grow documentary.

This film is breathtaking in its scope. Once you watch this film you will understand why.

It is the story of an inventor who has a passion for solutions, and who has invented a food growing system that can help us to grow food efficiently and effectively, whilst offering an alternative solution to our energy needs. It is also a film about adversity and overcoming it.

You can access this documentary via

https://grow.foodrevolution.org/

The organisation will require your email address to instantly access it but it is well worth it.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020)

35. Link to Post #78
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This is something that was shared with me. I don't know the origin of it but it is wonderful.
    I heard my mother asking our neighbour for some salt.
    I asked her why she was asking them as we have salt at home. She replied, "It's because they are always asking us for things, they're poor. So, I thought I'd ask something small from them so as not burden them, but at the same time make them feel as if we need them too. That way it'll be easier for them to ask us for anything they need from us."

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Rosemarie (15th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020)

37. Link to Post #79
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Allan McKenzie, a Gamilaroi Wiradjuri man, had an incredible experience with these elephants, whilst playing the 'didge' (as it is fondly nicknamed in Australia)

Allan McKenzie said this of the elephants - Magical - A second time around and they remembered me! Started trumpeting when they saw me before I even played the ""Didgeridoo""and this was out of this world this time around!

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/85Lrp10vx8Ev/
    Last edited by Constance; 26th July 2020 at 03:15.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Valerie Villars (15th July 2020)

39. Link to Post #80
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

He is 94 and she is 91 - they could be in their 70's! Astonishing. They still have all the moves...

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Matthew (15th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast