Thread: Constance's empowerment portal

1. Link to Post #81
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: Constance's empowerment portal

I'm cross posting this from the Draw your sword, things are about to get real thread with many thanks to Onawah.

Films can be a very powerful medium to convey universal truths and A Hidden Life is no exception to this. It is chock full of universal truths but what makes this film even more extraordinary is that it is based upon a real life event.

It is about an Austrian farmer living in the time of war-time Germany who refuses to pledge his allegiance to Hitler. There is no happy Hollywood ending to this story but it is a message about courage, truth, inner-strength, connection to spirit and a conviction of the heart.

I don't think I've ever seen a film quite like this in terms of the way it was filmed. The backdrop of nature, the way it was directed and the credible way in which the actors emote is nothing short of magnificent.

In a time where there is so much confusion, this movie can provide clarity.

Thanks to Bill, you can find it in the Avalon library here
    Last edited by Constance; 16th July 2020 at 09:51.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Matthew (15th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020), Tracie (Bodhicee) (17th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #82
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This fascinating documentary made in 2002, explores the supernatural abilities of a yogi who has performed a Fire Ritual for a total of 1000 days over the last 45 years. The yogi uses a particular breathing technique to be at One with the element of Fire.

Imagine if we were all at One with nature? What might the possibilities be?

What is interesting is that the Yogi, weighing a mere 94 pounds (43 kilos), has been able to survive on only two bananas and a glass of milk with a few drops of water, twice a day for the last 28 years. Food is just one of the ways we can receive sustenance.

Last edited by Constance; 15th July 2020 at 23:06.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Matthew (15th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #83
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Lerdsila, a Muay Thai boxer, has lightening fast reflexes. What is it about this boxer's being that has provided him with the ability to be so fast? He mentions in this video why he is able to maintain a constant state of grace and flow, effortlessly responding to his opponents - spontaneous and yet always in the present moment, relaxed and happy in the boxing ring.

A Muay Thai MASTER So Slippery They Call Him The Eel

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #84
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Universal Ho’oponopono is a new perspective of the traditional Hawaiian healing practice Ho’oponopono, which means “to make right”, or return to The Natural State. This powerful technique can be used to heal any individual, a collective or All, which makes it one of the most effective methods on Earth today.

The Whole Spectrom - Universal Ho'oponopono
    Last edited by Constance; 20th July 2020 at 08:59.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

9. Link to Post #85
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Mind control in a different way than you know it. Confronting what is going on in the mind.

Joe Marshalla is a philosopher who has created a new model and system for humanity to bring itself into balance.

He endeavours to share the mechanism of how the brain works, how we formulate thought, the current conditions of the brain and then what we can do about it. His intention is to share how we can truly understand ourselves and each other.

His quest to understand life began at the age of 13 when he had a car accident and had his first out-of-body experience.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

11. Link to Post #86
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Constance; 17th July 2020 at 00:09.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (16th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,525 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Constance's Empowerment Portal - Share Your Inspirations Here

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    I'm cross posting this from the Draw your sword, things are about to get real thread with many thanks to Onawah.

Films can be a very powerful medium to convey universal truths and A Hidden Life is no exception to this. It is chock full of universal truths but what makes this film even more extraordinary is that it is based upon a real life event.

It is about a farmer living in the time of war-time Germany who refuses to pledge his allegiance to Hitler. There is no happy Hollywood ending to this story but it is a story about courage, truth, inner-strength, connection to spirit and a conviction of the heart.

I don't think I've ever seen a film quite like this in terms of the way it is filmed and directed. The backdrop of nature, the way it is directed and credible way in which the actors emote is nothing short of magnificent.

I rented the movie on Amazon Prime (In Australia).
    Here it is, now in the Avalon Library.

http://avalonlibrary.net/A_Hidden_Life_(2019).mp4

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ClearWater (16th July 2020), Constance (16th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Harmony (16th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020), Yoda (16th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #88
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

It is about a farmer living in the time of war-time Germany who refuses to pledge his allegiance to Hitler. There is no happy Hollywood ending to this story but it is a story about courage, truth, inner-strength, connection to spirit and a conviction of the heart.

I don't think I've ever seen a film quite like this in terms of the way it is filmed and directed. The backdrop of nature, the way it is directed and credible way in which the actors emote is nothing short of magnificent.

Thank you so much Bill!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Harmony (17th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #89
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

During this talk, it was mentioned that the three most devastating injuries to the body were a sprained ankle, a mammogram, and a root canal. Find out why.

This is a phenomenal video because it shows you how interconnected the body is. All healing is self-healing.

See it to believe it, Touch for Health, Applied Kinesiology Demonstration
    Last edited by Constance; 16th July 2020 at 23:58.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #90
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This is an exerpt from a podcast that Dr. Zach Bush did with Rich Roll where he shares his experience in the ICUs, what it taught him about what happens when we die and that our transformation is inevitable.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

21. Link to Post #91
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The majority of the bananas that feed the world are grown via monoculture crops.

Monoculture crops are not ideal because they invite pests and disease.

At a nutritional level there is a lack of nutrients in the soil which creates a deficiency in our diets and at a metaphysical level, monoculturally grown foods are not ideal for us because there is a lack of love, diversity and synergy in the food. Input = output

Bananas As We Know Them Are Doomed

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

23. Link to Post #92
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The world became fascinated with a boy named Palden Dorje (now named Dharma Sangha Guru), who was planning to meditate in the jungles in the hollow of a tree in Nepal for 6 years. It has been said that he spent nine months without eating or drinking. At one stage, he spontaneously combusted, burning off the clothes he was wearing.

The Boy With Divine Powers (Full Documentary)

Dharma Sangha Inside Fire [FULL VERSION]

Nepal: Little Buddha, the return - Documentary
    Last edited by Constance; 19th July 2020 at 06:18.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #93
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This is Sam Harris at his finest. Here he is sharing about what he calls, The Delusion of freewill. Science, neuroscience and philosophy comes together here as he provides a compelling argument for why there is no such thing as freewill.

As Sam says, this subject touches upon everything we care about.

At one point he says, If you can't control your next thought and you don't know what it's going to be until it appears, where is your freedom of will?

Sam Harris - Freewill
    Last edited by Constance; 17th July 2020 at 06:34.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #94
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Freewill and the brain.

This is an excellent and earnest discussion between Robert Sapolsky, a neuroscientist at Stanford University and actor Alan Alda, around the brain and the law.

The first five minutes of the conversation begins with Robert sharing that whenever we are making any moral decisions or moral judgements that these are actually post hoc justifications for things that subliminally our brains knew long before we consciously headed in that direction.

Our capacity to regulate our behaviours as adults begins with the health and wellbeing of our frontal cortex. The thickness and development of our frontal cortex is determined by two factors. The first being the health and the wellbeing of the mother whilst we are inutero, and the second being parental and environmental influences in early childhood.

Robert says that the term 'responsibility' almost becomes irrelevant if someone cannot regulate their behaviours due to an undeveloped frontal cortex. He implies that you cannot make someone responsible if they cannot regulate their behavior any more than you could hold someone responsible for something that they had nothing to do with the making of, eg. the shape of their cheekbones.

He went on to say that it doesn't change in the slightest, the need to protect people from those who cannot regulate themselves, the need to protect the offenders themselves or the need for deterrents but what has to be completely removed from the table are concepts like evil.
    There are the types of brain damage where a person affected cannot regulate their behaviours. They may be able to tell us precisely what the appropriate behaviours and responses are supposed to be, for example solving a puzzle, or what one should or shouldn't do to our fellow human and yet still be unable to regulate their behaviours. A minor equivalent to this would be someone who eats junk food. They know they shouldn't be eating it but they are unable to stop themselves from eating it. Robert says that these things need to be taken into account and I wholeheartedly agree with him.

Last edited by Constance; 10th March 2021 at 21:49.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #95
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

The first scene in the movie is filmed in Hallein region in Austria.I recognized it by that saddle shape of those two mountains.Over them is German-Austrian border and also Berchtesgaden...

If I could repair an old computer I could add more personal images from that area...

My wife worked in Hallein taking care of an old lady,former room maid at Hitler's Berchtesgaden.

And she eat a HUGE ice cream with a very dear Austrian friends on Rossfeld Panorama strasse
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th July 2020), Constance (17th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Harmony (17th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #96
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EFO (here)

The first scene in the movie is filmed in Hallein region in Austria.I recognized it by that saddle shape of those two mountains.Over them is German-Austrian border and also Berchtesgaden...

If I could repair an old computer I could add more personal images from that area...

My wife worked in Hallein taking care of an old lady,former room maid at Hitler's Berchtesgaden.

And she eat a HUGE ice cream with a very dear Austrian friends on Rossfeld Panorama strasse
    Wow! Thanks so much for sharing. The scenery is just magnificent EFO. It looks so pristine.

How interesting about your wife taking care of Hitler's former room maid!!

That is so funny about the icecream

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th July 2020), EFO (17th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Harmony (17th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #97
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

If you haven't already seen this presentation, I won't spoil it for you with an introduction because it is one of those things that has to unfold in order to have the fullest appreciation of. However, what I will share is that the implications for what was discovered in these studies were profound.

Does money make you mean? | Paul Piff
    Last edited by Constance; 19th July 2020 at 01:44.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th July 2020), EFO (18th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th July 2020)

35. Link to Post #98
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Mod note: As per Constance's request, the Constance's Empowerment Portal - Share Your Inspirations Here thread has now been merged back into the original thread in order to facilitate discussion.

36. Link to Post #99
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That feels much better. . Thank you Frank and Mods

Whilst I have been humbly grateful for the opportunity to trial this experiment with this thread, it was starting to feel like a bit of an echo chamber as it was and I have to admit that I infinitely prefer for people to have the opportunity to share all of their inspirations with myself and each other on the one thread. I like that organic, intuitive feel where people can build upon their inspirations.
    Last edited by Constance; 18th July 2020 at 08:07. Reason: spelling

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th July 2020), Bluegreen (18th July 2020), ClearWater (18th July 2020), EFO (18th July 2020), Frank V (18th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020), RunningDeer (26th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (18th July 2020)

38. Link to Post #100
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Playing with friends is a daily ritual for most children. But kids with learning disabilities are often isolated and rejected. Rick Lavoie addresses the social problems these children face - and offers some practical solutions for parents.

Last One Picked, First One Picked On

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Anka (18th July 2020), Bill Ryan (18th July 2020), Frank V (18th July 2020), Franny (19th July 2020), Mike (19th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (19th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast