Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 4 14 LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

1. Link to Post #61
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 times in 211 posts

Default Re: Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter protest/riot happening tonight in Rochester, NY.

What an absolute insanity.

BLM can now be called a virulent societal virus.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th September 2020), Brigantia (5th September 2020), Constance (5th September 2020), Franny (5th September 2020), Gracy (5th September 2020), Jake (5th September 2020), Jayke (5th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th September 2020), Mike (6th September 2020), rgray222 (5th September 2020), T Smith (6th September 2020)

3. Link to Post #62
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,492 times in 4,308 posts

BLM Rioters Destroy and Torch St. John’s Church in DC
    — Then Are Asked to Come Back and Paint Race-Based Murals on Torched Church
    September 5, 2020

Black Lives Matter DESTROYED and TORCHED the historic St. John’s Church in Washington DC in late May. [ed. not completely destroyed]

St. John’s was designed by noted architect Benjamin Henry Latrobe to serve Episcopalians in the neighborhoods in the western end of Washington. The cornerstone of St. John’s was set on September 14, 1815.

Beginning with James Madison, until the present, every President of the United States has attended a service at St. John’s Church.

BLM torched it.

This weekend the church will reward lawlessness and destruction.

St. John’s Church leaders invited Black Lives Matter to paint race-based themes on the boarded up church this weekend.

They did not ask for Christian themes — they asked for racial themes.

Beginning with James Madison, until the present, every person who has held the office of President of the United States has attended a service at St. John’s.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...orched-church/
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

atman (6th September 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Constance (6th September 2020), Ewan (7th September 2020), Franny (7th September 2020), Ioneo (7th September 2020), Jayke (6th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mike (6th September 2020), rgray222 (6th September 2020), T Smith (6th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #63
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Another group enters the fray. Black NFAC activists, (standing for Not F*king Around Coalition), marches in Louisville, Kentucky, on Kentucky Derby Day.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...rby-day-video/

Not sure if they were all black, or what they stand for, but they look pretty scary.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

atman (6th September 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Constance (6th September 2020), Franny (7th September 2020), Ioneo (7th September 2020), Jayke (6th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mike (6th September 2020), rgray222 (6th September 2020)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    BLM Rioters Destroy and Torch St. John’s Church in DC
    — Then Are Asked to Come Back and Paint Race-Based Murals on Torched Church
    September 5, 2020

Black Lives Matter DESTROYED and TORCHED the historic St. John’s Church in Washington DC in late May. [ed. not completely destroyed]

St. John’s was designed by noted architect Benjamin Henry Latrobe to serve Episcopalians in the neighborhoods in the western end of Washington. The cornerstone of St. John’s was set on September 14, 1815.

Beginning with James Madison, until the present, every President of the United States has attended a service at St. John’s Church.

BLM torched it.

This weekend the church will reward lawlessness and destruction.

St. John’s Church leaders invited Black Lives Matter to paint race-based themes on the boarded up church this weekend.

They did not ask for Christian themes — they asked for racial themes.

Beginning with James Madison, until the present, every person who has held the office of President of the United States has attended a service at St. John’s.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...orched-church/
    And now, the rest of the story. Clergy from St. John's were pissed over ensuing events that happened on June 1st with the rampaging riot police.

It's their property, and they obviously feel they are doing they right thing. A little payback for across the street perhaps?

Quote Episcopal clergy linked to St John’s church in Washington DC were among the peaceful protesters violently swept out of the way by police so that Donald Trump could pose in front of the building on Monday evening, and they have condemned the US president’s behavior.

The Christian leaders were teargassed along with protesters and journalists, some of whom were also shot with rubber bullets and punched by officers as they cleared a path to the church from the nearby White House.

“They turned holy ground into a battleground,” the Rev Gini Gerbasi said...
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...trump-photo-op

This is what we were talking about just yesterday Star, below is a video synopsis of what I watched live on CNN. Who's the out of control mob here? These WERE peaceful protesters, and they got jacked up anyway for a law and order photo op.

I'm not a big fan of the WashPo, but they got this one right:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...p/?arc404=true
    Last edited by Gracy; 6th September 2020 at 19:31.

8. Link to Post #65
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    And now, the rest of the story. Clergy from St. John's were pissed over ensuing events that happened on June 1st with the rampaging riot police.
    It is the rest of the story, but not what I was referring to. I'm well aware of these after events, but the burning of the church still happened, it happened the night before. They set it in the basement and tried to burn it down. Fortunately they failed. Yet now the church is coming out in support of those who burned and vandalised it?

St. John’s Church declares support for Black Lives Matter movement

BLM graffiti scrawled over a religious building, a sacred and historical building...

Sorry, that stinks. You can think it's payback if you want to. There's a much greater chance this move is politically motivated.

This is what we were talking about just yesterday ****,
    I don't mind finger-wagging when I am in error, but when I have a different point of view? They are two separate things, at least they are in my mind. (and please call me Star)

I understand your point of view, I understand your looking at it from this angle, that angle, covering every possible angle for an alternative explanation, theory or factor. That's as it should be. But if speaking of alternatives to payback, consider "pressure". What pressure did the church bend the knee to BLM? Were they "coerced" into supporting them? By lobbyists perhaps, donors, by powerful inside political influences? Or is it just bribery? (it's Washington after all). Maybe out of fear, they are simply genuflecting to BLM so they don't get targeted again.

All possible.

I take into consideration your point of view, as I do with anyone, and I take into consideration the spin the MSM throw at us, constantly. But I'm able to cut through most of it.

What I see is a coordinated effort here, as I have said a number of times. I see a globalist push to divide and conquer. I see social engineering. If you don't believe that, that's fine. I believe that's happening, and I also think that should be fine. Without finger-wagging.

These are my points of view.
    Last edited by Gracy; 6th September 2020 at 19:46. Reason: Deleted Name
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

atman (6th September 2020), Constance (6th September 2020), Gracy (6th September 2020), Jayke (6th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mike (6th September 2020), rgray222 (6th September 2020)

10. Link to Post #66
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Engineering.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BLM_19f8a3315b0950b78eb8.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	44249

Engineering.

Name:	blm_black_lives_matter055.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	44247

Engineering.

Name:	blm_black_lives_matter-1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	44248

Divide and Conquer.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

atman (6th September 2020), Constance (6th September 2020), Jayke (6th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mike (6th September 2020), rgray222 (8th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th September 2020)

12. Link to Post #67
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

It is the rest of the story, but not what I was referring to. I'm well aware of these after events, but the burning of the church still happened, it happened the night before.
    It's an important part of the story, like pointing to one particular chapter in the middle of a book and saying this is the whole story. I know you didn't mean it that way, but that's the way it comes across, especially those who have never read the book in the first place.

St. John’s Church declares support for Black Lives Matter movement

BLM graffiti scrawled over a religious building, a sacred and historical building...

Sorry, that stinks. You can think it's payback if you want to. There's a much greater chance this move is politically motivated.
    It's not necessarily what I think, but it certainly has to be a possibility. The church was extremely upset over the rest of the story. My possibility is as likely as anyone else's, and at least it offers an alternative to the constant drumbeat in the echo chamber of basically "this is the way it is".

And that really is about the way it is here on this, and closely related subjects Star. There are virtually no dissenting or alternative opinions.

I don't mind finger-wagging when I am in error, but when I have a different point of view? They are two separate things, at least they are in my mind. (and please call me Star)
    I'm not one to finger wag, seriously, just wanting a more full narrative of this whole thing to be out there. Not that finger wagging would do any good in this situation anyway, not when it would be like Custer wagging his finger halfway through Little Big Horn.

And hey, sorry about using your name, I edited it out of both my post and yours. My bad. Sometimes I lose track of who minds their name being used and who doesn't.

13. Link to Post #68
    Language
    English
    Thanks

No problem, and apologies if I came across a bit terse. Not a setting I usually run on. It's just that these are anxious times for all of us. I have a predilection you could say for skipping or at least skimming the 'minutiae' of things and getting straight into the meat. Probably not always the wisest approach, especially when matters are as chaotic as they presently are. It can be very trying for people who come at things from different angles, I get that. No one vector is the right one; we all have our own mental landscape from which we adopt those vectors, and we all have our own seated wisdom and life-experience.

With BLM and antifa and such I've been cutting right to the chase. I try to explain as best I can where I'm coming from and why, and I'm probably wrong in assuming that everyone else sees what I see. I do however think that most are generally in agreement: there is a f*ckery afoot. I'm sure of it! This is a socio-political torpedo, and it's aimed straight at Trump, and November 3rd.

I believe the West in under attack. This is an existential crisis the likes of which we haven't seen since probably WWII. BLM are operating here too, and antifa. Just today, in my city, a huge climate change protest took place - Extinction Rebellion. They shut off the city centre for hours. Just more fear and more engineering. And just another tile in the grand mosiac of f*ckery going on. It's spreading worldwide.

The focus maybe on America, but we all have a stake in it. A big stake. Because if America falls, so do we all...

~ Jimi Hendrix

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

atman (6th September 2020), Constance (6th September 2020), Ewan (7th September 2020), George (7th September 2020), Gracy (6th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), rgray222 (6th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th September 2020)

15. Link to Post #69
    Language
    French
    Thanks

Engineering, yes indeed.

And having read some of the comments by the Church leaders who criticized Trump's photo-op, one cannot but be baffled by the political nature of some of those comments and thus by their sheer hyprocrisy:

From a June 2, 2020, Forbes article:
    Church leaders of many denominations denounced Monday night's incident. Right Rev. Mariann Budde, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington, who helped organize the clergy presence at St John's, said Trump, "and any president is welcome. But he is not entitled to use the spiritual symbolism of our sacred spaces and our sacred texts to promote or to justify an entirely different message."

Jesuit priest James Martin, SJ, tweeted Monday night, "A church is not a photo op. Religion is not a political tool. God is not your plaything."

Rev. Rob Lee, a pastor at Unifour Church in North Carolina, said, "I'm so sorry we've allowed this president to hold a Bible and claim our name. We must be better."

The Rt. Rev. Michael Curr said, "This was done in a time of deep hurt and pain in our country, and his action did nothing to help us or to heal us."

And with the "White Privilege" ideology having almost become the second "Original Sin", Black Lives Matter militants are now being promoted in some Houses of Worship:

Catholic Pastor Gives BLM-Themed ‘Racial Justice’ Prayer Denouncing ‘White Privilege;’ George Floyd Photo Showcased Front Of Church
    By Amanda Prestigiacomo • Sep 1, 2020 DailyWire.com •

Closing an 11:30 a.m. Catholic Mass last Sunday in New York City, Pastor Kenneth Boller asked Mass participants to join him in a “racial justice” prayer that acknowledged and denounced so-called “white privilege” as the church’s streamed Mass panned to images of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery.

The Church of St. Francis Xavier, a Roman Catholic parish in the Jesuit tradition, showcased the images of the alleged victims of “racial injustice” at the front of the church, to the left side of the altar.

Floyd, a black male, died at the end of May following an arrest in Minneapolis. The arrest, parts of which were immediately posted to social media, sparked protesting, rioting, arson, and looting, starting in MN and reaching a number of Democrat-run cities. Body-cam footage, leaked by The Daily Mail, and autopsy results, made public in court filings, gave additional context to Floyd’s death in the days and weeks following the incident.

“I now invite you to stand, and in joining us in the prayer for racial justice, by responding ‘yes’ to each of the following statements,” Pastor Boller told the congregation.

The rest of the prayer went as follows:

Do you support racial justice, equity, and compassion in human relations? Yes.

Do you affirm that white privilege is unfair and harmful to those who have it and to those who do not? Yes.

Do you affirm that white privilege and the culture of white supremacy must be dismantled where it is present? Yes.

Do you support racial equity justice and liberation for every person? Yes.

Do you affirm the inherent worth and dignity of every person? Yes.

Therefore, from this day forward, will you strive to understand more deeply the injustice and suffering white privilege and white supremacy cause? Yes.

Will you commit to help transform our Church culture to one that is actively engaged in seeking racial justice and equity for all, for everyone? Yes.

Will you make a greater effort to treat all people with the same respect you expect to receive? Yes.

Will you commit to developing the courage to live your beliefs and values of racial justice and equality? Yes.

Will you strive to eliminate racial prejudice from your thoughts and actions so that you can better promote the racial justice efforts of our Church? Yes.

Will you renew and honor this pledge daily knowing that our Church and our community, our nation, and our world will be better places because of our efforts? Yes.

(...)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

Constance (6th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), rgray222 (8th September 2020)

17. Link to Post #70
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 21:03.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

atman (6th September 2020), Baby Steps (6th September 2020), Bill Ryan (6th September 2020), Eva2 (7th September 2020), Ewan (7th September 2020), George (7th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), Mike (7th September 2020), rgray222 (8th September 2020)

19. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Have you all seen this video? This was on Gateway Pundit.

Quote Going Viral: The ‘Trump Unity Bridge’ Turns Black Lives Matter Confrontation into a MAGA YMCA Dance Party (VIDEO)
    By Jim Hoft
    Published September 6, 2020 at 8:17am

On August 22, a violent Black Lives Matter mob confronted a group of Trump supporters in Beverly Hills.

At least one Trump supporter was beat by the mob in the street.

The Trump Unity Bridge supporters did not respond with violence.

Instead, a viral video shows the Trump Unity Bridge hold a dance off.
    The Trump group turned the riot into a MAGA YMCA dance off.

Several readers sent this to us this weekend.

The video has over 200,000 views in two days.

Catchy tune....

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

atman (7th September 2020), Bill Ryan (7th September 2020), Eva2 (7th September 2020), Ioneo (7th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), Mike (7th September 2020), NancyV (7th September 2020), pyrangello (7th September 2020), rgray222 (8th September 2020)

21. Link to Post #72
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,303 times in 5,692 posts

Quote Posted by Constance (here)
    This is an existential crisis the likes of which we haven't seen since probably WWII.

Because if America falls, so do we all...
    Star. I'm completely with you on this.

What is currently unfolding has to be the most clever and yet diabolical plan ever hatched in the history of mankind. It has its tentacles and its roots in every aspect of our being and every aspect of society.

How I would love to pull out several of Brian Gerard Schaefers diagrams to demonstrate how big this all gets and how it all comes together but people will just have to read the book for themselves.

When Brian first said to me many years ago, "there is not a single thing in society worthy of a comment" and..."Not only is everything a lie, it is the exact opposite of the truth", I thought I knew and understood what he meant by that but it is only now that I've really come to understand the truth of these utterances.

Yep.

We're hearing nonstop chatter about "systemic racism" and all sorts of other poisonous nonsense, but it's really just a misdirection. A magic trick. It's meant to keep us all guilty and distracted from the real systemic problem here: systemic wokeness.

Its tentacles have wrapped themselves around and in nearly everything from industry and media to education. And now, the church even. Oh, and the nuclear family.

It's pretty brazen. You almost have to give the devil his due.

Basically they've used a strawman accusation of "systemic" infection to implement their own brand of systemic poison as a so-called remedy. Kind of a problem-reaction-solution thing. The solution, in this case, is the very Orwellian "anti-racism", doctrine...which is code for anti-American, really. It's also code for anti-science, anti -logic, anti-common sense, anti-hard work...and anti-sanity, frankly.

Madness, basically.
    Last edited by Mike; 7th September 2020 at 08:02.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

atman (7th September 2020), Bill Ryan (7th September 2020), Constance (7th September 2020), Eva2 (7th September 2020), Ewan (7th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), NancyV (7th September 2020), rgray222 (7th September 2020)

23. Link to Post #73
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,530 times in 2,552 posts

A friend sent me this video from 1969. The tactics he speaks of do seem to be in play now, and this, I see as the insidious fear behind much of the right support.

I am genuinely curious as to how people on PA perceive this threat, as this forum does have some of the most intelligent minds around. (in my opinion)
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th September 2020), Constance (7th September 2020), Eva2 (7th September 2020), Ewan (7th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), rgray222 (7th September 2020), Satori (7th September 2020)

25. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,514 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Ayt (here)
    A friend sent me this video from 1969. The tactics he speaks of do seem to be in play now, and this, I see as the insidious fear behind much of the right support.

I am genuinely curious as to how people on PA perceive this threat, as this forum does have some of the most intelligent minds around. (in my opinion)
    Yes, this is a younger G. Edward Griffin, with a serious warning. He was 100% spot on, and we're seeing all this play out now. I posted it here on The 45 Goals of Communism thread on 17 August.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (7th September 2020), atman (7th September 2020), Constance (7th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), rgray222 (7th September 2020), Satori (7th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th September 2020), Yoda (7th September 2020)

27. Link to Post #75
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Maia Gabrial (here)

Catchy tune....
    That's quite fascinating. MAGA, we are told (and sold), is about hatred, division, and bigotry, a symbol of the modern right - as opposed to the modern left, which is all about peace, kindness and togetherness.

I would say they have switched places.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Alan (7th September 2020), atman (7th September 2020), Bill Ryan (7th September 2020), Constance (7th September 2020), gini (7th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), NancyV (7th September 2020), rgray222 (7th September 2020), Satori (7th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th September 2020)

29. Link to Post #76
    Language
    French
    Thanks

Pasted below is an article by Robert L. Woodson Sr., the founder and the president of the Woodson Center.

He is part of a growing number of leaders from the Black community who are lamenting or criticizing the Black Lives Matter movement's descent into violence, destruction and death, oftentimes affecting the very communities that the movement purports to represent and to care for.

His entry on Wikipedia states:
    Robert L. Woodson Sr. (born April 8, 1937) is an American civil rights activist, community development leader, author, and founder and president of the Woodson Center. The Woodson Center is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research and demonstration organization that supports neighborhood-based initiatives to revitalize low-income communities.
    For more details, see his bio on the Woodson Center's web site.

Black Lives Matter descends into a war against our nation's foundations
    by Robert Woodson | September 03, 2020

Though Black Lives Matter started as an authentic call for social justice, after being taken over by violent anarchists, it has steadily descended into a war against the foundations of our nation. Its vicious, senseless violence has taken its greatest toll among the most vulnerable low-income communities it purports to speak for.

Support for Black Lives Matter became a popular and facile way to signal one’s virtue. But do Black Lives Matter supporters such as LeBron James and other NBA stars, mayors of cities that are under siege, and corporate philanthropies condone the wanton violence, devastation, and death that are now perpetrated by radical, violent anarchists in the name of “social justice" for black people?

If not, they have a moral responsibility to say that — and to explain that to the residents of low-income communities whose neighborhoods have been devastated by rioters and looters and whose children have been left defenseless and dead as police officers, under attack, have abandoned protecting their streets.

In the name of Black Lives Matter and wrapped in the cloak of the civil rights movement’s moral authority, these domestic terrorists have launched brazen attack after brazen attack against citizens and the police. The violence has now descended to the point of the callous celebration of death.

In Portland, a participant in a Patriot Prayer demonstration was gunned down. The horror of the death of this man was exacerbated by the rioters’ celebration. “I am not sad that a f---ing fascist died tonight,” a woman shouted into a megaphone at a Black Lives Matter-antifa gathering. “He was a f---ing Nazi. Our community held its own and took out the trash.” An American flag was burned in celebration as the crowd reveled in the news.

This despicable incident was preceded by a series of brazen vicious attacks by Black Lives Matter forces. Black, white, and elderly men and women were attacked by (largely white) radicals as they left the Republican National Convention.

The police especially have been under attack. In Seattle, a plan was aborted that would have sealed off exits to a police building with quick-drying concrete and set the building on fire, trapping those who were inside. In Portland, Oregon, a mattress and other debris were laid against the door of a police association building and ignited.

Just a day earlier, police were attacked by protesters who hurled objects, broke windows, and scrawled graffiti. In mid-August, police offices were pelted with fireworks that Black Lives Matter rioters reportedly hurled at them.

For those who support Black Lives Matter, the skyrocketing rates of black-on-black violence and homicides that have resulted from their war against the police are an inconvenient truth. But for the vicious Black Lives Matter opportunists, this is a story that must be quelled.

Among the community leaders of the grassroots network of the Woodson Center are mothers throughout the country whose children’s lives had been taken in the rampant street violence. To ease the constant pain in their hearts, several have committed themselves to support and comfort other mothers whose children’s lives have been lost to homicide.

One of these courageous women contacted me last week. She said that when she had decried the death of one child by a soulless street thug, she received a message from a Black Lives Matter representative that she should “tone it down” and that it was “diluting their message.”

This incident reveals clearly that the true agenda of the racial grievance rioters has nothing to do with protecting the most vulnerable and nothing to do with a conviction that every black life matters.

30. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to atman For This Post:

avid (7th September 2020), Bill Ryan (7th September 2020), Billy Vasiliadis (7th September 2020), ClearWater (11th September 2020), Constance (7th September 2020), Eva2 (7th September 2020), Ewan (7th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Maia Gabrial (7th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (8th September 2020), Mike (7th September 2020), NancyV (7th September 2020), rgray222 (7th September 2020), Satori (7th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th September 2020)

31. Link to Post #77
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

But if speaking of alternatives to payback, consider "pressure". What pressure did the church bend the knee to BLM? Were they "coerced" into supporting them? By lobbyists perhaps, donors, by powerful inside political influences? Or is it just bribery? (it's Washington after all). Maybe out of fear, they are simply genuflecting to BLM so they don't get targeted again.

All possible.
    Another alternative that came to mind for me, in this story with the church allowing racial themes to be painted, is that they want to help heal and unite their community. With everything that is going on and with many people feeling angry and frightened, this could be that churches attempt to ameliorate that.

Ultimately, I don't know the motivations for this church, but my suggestion has got to be a possibility I would think. And with that said, I too think that while racial issues need to be addressed and have awareness brought to them, the answer surely lies in us realising our shared humanity, something much deeper and more meaningful (imo at least) then race is. Maybe a mural of people of all skin colours holding hands and standing as one would work better in the long run!

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Billy Vasiliadis For This Post:

atman (7th September 2020), Bill Ryan (7th September 2020), Constance (7th September 2020), Eva2 (7th September 2020), Ewan (7th September 2020), Forest Denizen (7th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), Mike (7th September 2020), rgray222 (8th September 2020)

33. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,514 times in 32,788 posts

It also has to be said that many individuals and organizations are quite insincerely claiming support for Black Lives Matter just because they don't want to be abused, vandalized, injured, or worse.

It's like a Mafia protection racket. Say nice things, and look the other way at our crimes, and our thugs won't come and break your legs with baseball bats.

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

atman (7th September 2020), avid (7th September 2020), ClearWater (11th September 2020), Constance (7th September 2020), Eva2 (7th September 2020), Ewan (7th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Maia Gabrial (7th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th September 2020), Mike (7th September 2020), rgray222 (7th September 2020), SiriusB (13th September 2020), Sue (Ayt) (7th September 2020), Yoda (7th September 2020)

35. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,019 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    It also has to be said that many individuals and organizations are quite insincerely claiming support for Black Lives Matter just because they don't want to be abused, vandalized, injured, or worse.

It's like a Mafia protection racket. Say nice things, and look the other way at our crimes, and our thugs won't come and break your legs with baseball bats.
    Unfortunately, BLM was handed a monopoly on race equality by the Obama administration, at least until the 2020 election is over. BLM has really gotten into the extortion business, I know it sounds harsh but I believe that to be a reality. If corporations do not donate money to BLM they eventually become targets for the cancel culture and/or targets for physical damage during riots. This could be the death knell for many corporations after the COVID fiasco.

I was reading just the other day some internal company websites that the airlines have produced hundreds of thousands of BLM pins for their employees, they have all been asked to wear them proudly, especially the employees that have public contact, (ie flight attendants, check-in agents etc). It is beyond astonishing that these companies are asking their employees to support an organization that follows a hardcore Marxist ideology. This is not speculation there are plenty of videos and even their own website links to their Marxist agenda. I believe if there were two or three organizations calling for racial equality, especially one with non-violent and non political stance individuals and companies would switch their allegiance away from BLM in a heartbeat.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

atman (7th September 2020), Bill Ryan (7th September 2020), Constance (7th September 2020), Ernie Nemeth (8th September 2020), holcaul (7th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), Mike (7th September 2020)

37. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

more likely billionaires lives matter.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Constance (8th September 2020), Mad Hatter (18th May 2022), rgray222 (8th September 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 4 14 LastLast