Page 1 of 12 1 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Communism (and China)

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Default Communism (and China)

Starting this thread to continue dialogue that sprang up on Page 2 of this thread:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1364852

Justjane expressed she is a supporter of marxism/communism (economics) and has responded to questions about the tenets of communism she favours and why, or rather, how this would make our society better.
    Last edited by Gemma13; 1st November 2020 at 02:54.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Baby Steps (10th July 2021), Bill Ryan (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Elainie (9th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Tintin (17th July 2020), toppy (9th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Default Re: Communism (and China)

Transferring relevant posts from the other thread.

Quote Posted by Justjane (here)
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

Actually, this isn’t true at all. Social organisations are not the same as churches, and they do lead to real world changes. The feminist and labour movements of old brought enormous change to our lives and communities.

Except that labour and feminine movements are movements ... not organizations. (and I'd say the jury is still out on who really promoted the feminists movements and who gained the most from the way it was implemented - to my main point)

blm as a movement driven by the public?

BLM as an organization?
    All movements are driven by organisations. Without organisations driving them, movements lose momentum. The feminist, labour and civil rights movements all had organisations supporting them and pushing them forward.

What you all seem to be objecting to is who is funding these organisations and what you think their agenda is. If it’s not clear, I’m in full support of a Marxist, communist agenda, and I fully recognise that systems sometimes need to be destroyed to be rebuilt and sometimes that can lead to violence especially when people try all other means and have not been heard. I also think it’s about time the US experienced just a small taste of what it is they’ve dished out to the rest of the world.

I objected so strongly to what Mike posted here because I was also following the systemic racism thread and I found many of his responses there problematic and indicative of deeper, underlying issues but I’m happy for Mike to correct me. I just don’t want to be continually drawn into the same issues.

Black Americans have a tough time in the US. There are systemic issues that support that. They’ve tried various means to address this issue most of which have been unsuccessful. Black Lives Matter as a movement or an organisation provides them a platform to collectivise and be heard. That that cause could be infiltrated by people with nefarious agendas or become corrupted is a part of life, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a right to exist, to be supported or to try to address the issues they are concerned with.

I think some of us need to grow up and recognise that nothing is going to unfold perfectly or in accordance with our wishes or how we would do things or think they should be done. Sometimes we need to recognise that trade offs need to happen and hope that the good which can be achieved can outweigh the bad.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    So we support black lives matter until they start to organise?

Noted.
    Wow, are you [sometimes!] pointed and sarcastic.

No, that's not what that meant.
    Nah, I’m just Australian. We call it what it is 😂 but super glad to hear it. Hope I’ve articulated myself better in my other post!
    Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    Justjane it would be really helpful if you could share why you support communism.  As you are well aware it is a word that could be said is very triggering to some as it is loaded with different interpretations, perspectives and experiences.

I did read you mentioned being pushed for time so perhaps a brief list of communist ideals you support or a brief explanation of what advantages you see in communism; in other words how do you imagine a communist society to look like.

I'm genuinely interested in the contemporary marxist/communist view and if there are others of like mind; perhaps some links that I could look at.

If you are able to share information on this topic perhaps a new thread would be helpful for discussion.  Thanks.
    Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    Justjane it would be really helpful if you could share why you support communism.  As you are well aware it is a word that could be said is very triggering to some as it is loaded with different interpretations, perspectives and experiences.

I did read you mentioned being pushed for time so perhaps a brief list of communist ideals you support or a brief explanation of what advantages you see in communism; in other words how do you imagine a communist society to look like.

I'm genuinely interested in the contemporary marxist/communist view and if there are others of like mind; perhaps some links that I could look at.

If you are able to share information on this topic perhaps a new thread would be helpful for discussion.  Thanks.
    Hi Gemma,

Communism speaks for itself and I don’t have the time or the wherewithal to write an essay which is what would be required to give due justice to this topic but I will do my best to encapsulate my position.

Communism is one of the only economic models which actually takes into the consideration the needs of its people and seeks to achieve equity for all. The old adage, ‘from each according to his ability, to each according to his need’, represents the fundamental tenet of the model.

It is also one of the only economic model that doesn’t have materiality and perpetual and unsustainable economic growth as one of its core functions. It uses technocratic principles to determine the needs of a society and distribute resources accordingly.

Unfortunately, communism requires a level of maturity and compassion which most people do not possess in order to function optimally in our society which is a shame.
    Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)
    Hi Jane, I can't resist the urge to wade into this thread and offer my perspective as a long-time Avalon member who doesn't take himself or anything else very seriously (apart from raising global consciousness, astrology and the whole UFO thing hehehe).

First off, for many if not all the forum members, this is a judgement free-zone - it really does not matter to us if you are a communist or whatever-ist. We are all on a learning journey during each incarnation on earth, and having a strongly held belief system is often part of that learning journey. To add my perspective (maybe this is where Ernie is coming from, although I wouldn't try and speak for him), after you have been on the rollercoaster ride for a while (as Bill Hicks would put it - www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w - well worth 2 minutes of everyone's time) there comes an understanding that belief systems are not, in a certain sense, actually real. It's just a ride...

Second (again my perspective), communism is a materialist (meaning non-spiritual) 19th century ideology very similar to Darwinism. It has no applicability in the 21st century and all previous attempts to implement it have failed disastrously. I hope that you are not going to say that it has never really been tried, hehehe.

Avalon is all about a diversity of perspectives. Not about being right or wrong, but about learning from each other. There are very many wise members (not referring to myself hahaha).
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Quote Posted by Praxis (here)
    This Forum is a parody of itself now.

You all claim to be these woke people yet as I just watch from the sideline, you are all just as much driven by the MSM as the so called sheep.

People here actually take Rupert Murdoch Propaganda agency seriously here and it blows my mind. Tucker carlson was actually given a shout out for being a good source if you can believe that.

You all just take the MSM topics and regurgitate it here. Dont you all think it is interesting that the main topic threads are driven by the same headlines in the MSM?

If you are talking about the same topics as them, then they have won even if you dont watch or engage them. The mere fact that the topic is dictated and you accept it is super telling.

JustJane. I applaud you standing out and speaking your beliefs in the face of the things you get here.

A word of advice though, I think you will find it is not worth engaging white supremacist. They wont admit they are, but you can see in their beliefs and language that they speak the exact same ways as white supremacist.

Praxis, what are we going to do with you? You're just not quite smart enough to realize how dumb you sound. I don't know how you got out of your room, but if you follow the voices of those nice people in the white lab coats they'll guide you right back to your bed. Take the medicine. It's good.

I'm not a fan of censorship. But I regard any post or thread supporting communism and/or marxism as being on par with a post or thread supporting the flat earth. How to handle that? I don't know. Maybe a sub-forum for people who refuse to google stuff and read about it for at least 30 seconds

Jane, you are clearly articulate and intelligent. And you seem kind. I want to agree with Cognitive Dissonant here and welcome your views unreservedly, but I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or serious at this point. Communism? Marxism? How can you possibly make that argument with a straight face? I can't believe I'm saying this, but perhaps you should start a thread on all that. It may drive me crazy but you'll be making Praxis a very happy man
    Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)
    Hi Jane, I can't resist the urge to wade into this thread and offer my perspective as a long-time Avalon member who doesn't take himself or anything else very seriously (apart from raising global consciousness, astrology and the whole UFO thing hehehe).

First off, for many if not all the forum members, this is a judgement free-zone - it really does not matter to us if you are a communist or whatever-ist. We are all on a learning journey during each incarnation on earth, and having a strongly held belief system is often part of that learning journey. To add my perspective (maybe this is where Ernie is coming from, although I wouldn't try and speak for him), after you have been on the rollercoaster ride for a while (as Bill Hicks would put it - www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w - well worth 2 minutes of everyone's time) there comes an understanding that belief systems are not, in a certain sense, actually real. It's just a ride...

Second (again my perspective), communism is a materialist (meaning non-spiritual) 19th century ideology very similar to Darwinism. It has no applicability in the 21st century and all previous attempts to implement it have failed disastrously. I hope that you are not going to say that it has never really been tried, hehehe.

Avalon is all about a diversity of perspectives. Not about being right or wrong, but about learning from each other. There are very many wise members (not referring to myself hahaha).
    Communism isn’t a belief system, it’s an economic model, all economic models are ‘not real’. Communism hasn’t ever been applied. And even if it were, it can’t be applied in a globalised system where the majority of the world follows a completely different economic model. I used materialist in the context of being concerned with material possessions. Communism is applicable at any time but requires a level of spiritual awakening that would not be possible at this time so I take your point there.

And sure, the world isn’t real but we sure as **** have to live here so we might as well do something with our time while we’re here.

You all claim to be these woke people yet as I just watch from the sideline, you are all just as much driven by the MSM as the so called sheep.

People here actually take Rupert Murdoch Propaganda agency seriously here and it blows my mind. Tucker carlson was actually given a shout out for being a good source if you can believe that.

You all just take the MSM topics and regurgitate it here. Dont you all think it is interesting that the main topic threads are driven by the same headlines in the MSM?

If you are talking about the same topics as them, then they have won even if you dont watch or engage them. The mere fact that the topic is dictated and you accept it is super telling.

JustJane. I applaud you standing out and speaking your beliefs in the face of the things you get here.

A word of advice though, I think you will find it is not worth engaging white supremacist. They wont admit they are, but you can see in their beliefs and language that they speak the exact same ways as white supremacist.

Praxis, what are we going to do with you? You're just not quite smart enough to realize how dumb you sound. I don't know how you got out of your room, but if you follow the voices of those nice people in the white lab coats they'll guide you right back to your bed. Take the medicine. It's good.

Jane, you are clearly articulate and intelligent. And you seem kind.
    You're clearly not. Mike, for everything that you think you know about the US, the establishment, the elite, whatever, WHY WHY WHY, have they sought to make such a demon out of communism??? Is it really just coincidence that that’s the one thing you just magically happen to agree with the controllers on 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Jane, you are clearly articulate and intelligent. And you seem kind.
    You're clearly not. Mike, for everything that you think you know about the US, the establishment, the elite, whatever, WHY WHY WHY, have they sought to make such a demon out of communism??? Is it really just coincidence that that’s the one thing you just magically happen to agree with the controllers on 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

There's no magic to it. Just a certain level of sanity you seem to be lacking.

WHY WHY WHY won't you just google it? Here's some key words: "Stalin". "Mao"
    Communism isn't a belief system? Wow. If that's your baseline understanding then I'm not sure much can be done for you, particularly when all of history and virtually everything going on in the world today suggests otherwise. Oh, but that's not real communism, I forgot. Every sociopath says that! If only you were the one running things, then it would work wonderfully, right? Of course.

Communism has been the religion of every country it has ever been applied in. More accurately, a cult. It is a fervently held belief system. And now it's doing the same in the US, all under the guise of social justice.

This has been covered here about 5,000,000 times already in the last few months. If you want to explain how JustJane communism would be any different than every other form of communism that has ever existed and exists today, I'm all ears! It just amuses me that you can hold this belief and still call me the arrogant one! But please, go on. The floor is all yours
    Last edited by Gemma13; 9th July 2020 at 08:13.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Franny (10th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), Tintin (17th July 2020), toppy (9th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thanks Gemma, but I’m not giving any more energy to this. It’s up to people to do their own research, the chips will fall where they will, seems most here have decided their position anyway.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Justjane For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (11th July 2020), Bill Ryan (9th July 2020), Deux Corbeaux (13th July 2020), Franny (10th July 2020), Kryztian (9th July 2020), loungelizard (10th July 2020), silvanelf (9th July 2020), Tintin (17th July 2020), toppy (9th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

seems most here have decided their position anyway.
    Jane, one thing that stands out in many of your posts is the passive (and sometimes active!) aggression. You're unlikely ever to find another platform of open debate where you'll encounter so many genuinely informed and intelligent people who are willing to listen to you and engage.

Beware of tarring everyone with one simplistic brush. You're in danger of alienating the very people you seem to want to talk with. Does that really make a lot of sense?

8. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ajyana (22nd July 2021), AndrejPeĉënkin (11th July 2020), christian (12th July 2020), Cognitive Dissident (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), De Christu (28th March 2021), Deux Corbeaux (13th July 2020), ExomatrixTV (12th July 2020), Franny (10th July 2020), gord (9th July 2020), holcaul (27th April 2021), kudzy (10th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), Satori (10th July 2020), Sirus (9th July 2020), Snoweagle (10th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Tintin (17th July 2020), toppy (9th July 2020), Yoda (9th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,074 times in 8,172 posts

Leaving ideology right out of it, communism is monolithic capitalism. Debt based central banking is monolithic capitalism.

Are they in a winner/loser conflict, or are they on the brink of a long planned full merger ?
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

ajyana (22nd July 2021), AndrejPeĉënkin (11th July 2020), Bill Ryan (9th July 2020), happyuk (9th July 2020), lizhekb (11th July 2021), Mike (9th July 2020), spade (11th July 2020), Tintin (17th July 2020), toppy (9th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

In big government, whether termed communistic or fascistic, bureaus are all-important. Distribution of benefits is a matter of WHO YOU KNOW. For instance, if there were a pandemic shutting down small businesses, and the government decided to dole out money to those business, the bureaus would make sure that all the money went to those with connections. Sound familiar? :-)

There's no solution but small government, anti-monopoly laws and limits on inheritance.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (11th July 2020), Bill Ryan (9th July 2020), De Christu (28th March 2021), Mike (9th July 2020), spade (11th July 2020), Tintin (17th July 2020), toppy (9th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Re: Mainstream Sportscasters Waking Up

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    No!

Because we recognize the truth of what you say but also see a higher purpose you have yet to experience - or understand.
    And what would that be Ernie?
    This:
    Quote Thanks Gemma, but I’m not giving any more energy to this. It’s up to people to do their own research, the chips will fall where they will, seems most here have decided their position anyway.
    Do you see?
    Who actually has decided what?
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 9th July 2020 at 11:09. Reason: fixed quote formatting

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), gord (9th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), Snoweagle (22nd July 2020), Tintin (17th July 2020), toppy (9th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

In a scarcity paradigm, communism is a seemingly necessary response to sharing the little we have.

In fact, we are not poor, but beggared. Institutionally beggared.

Although our monetary system is to blame, it is truly a story of available energy per capita.

As Wade maintains, all other topics merely hack at the branches.

The fact that there are right now advanced sequestered technologies held in secret is not widely known. This is where the focus should be. It would take so little to unveil an entirely new series of devices and machines that would revolutionize our world if only we could unite. To force disclosure requires well informed citizens not easily swayed by the divisive nature of the current narrative.

If and when these technologies are brought to the average person all talk of 'ism's will become a moot point. Everyone will be free like never before. Free to determine their own future. Free to hold their own opinion. Free to experience anything imaginable anywhere in the universe!

No more movements designed to divide and no more organizations that seek to persuade but not to enlighten in their endless attempt to promote their agenda.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th July 2020), cascadian (10th July 2020), Chris Gilbert (20th August 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), De Christu (28th March 2021), gord (9th July 2020), Harmony (9th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Tintin (17th July 2020), toppy (9th July 2020), Wind (9th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,191 times in 4,071 posts

I just checked here (https://www.comparitech.com/privacy-security-tools/blockedinchina/), and Project Avalon forum is accessible from mainland China. You can even view this forum from Inner Mongolia.

Twitter is blocked, Parler is not blocked. YouTube is blocked. www.infowars.com is not blocked, nor is davidicke.com blocked.

Most of the websites I care about are not blocked by Communist China, but some are. Not as bad as I was expecting but it's still too much censorship for me to consider communism 'working'. I'm with the people Hong Kong on this one

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Andre (28th April 2021), AndrejPeĉënkin (11th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Ernie Nemeth (9th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), Tintin (17th July 2020), toppy (9th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    In a galaxy not too far away from where you are right now
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 times in 409 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    seems most here have decided their position anyway.
    Jane, one thing that stands out in many of your posts is the passive (and sometimes active!) aggression. You're unlikely ever to find another platform of open debate where you'll encounter so many genuinely informed and intelligent people who are willing to listen to you and engage.

Beware of tarring everyone with one simplistic brush. You're in danger of alienating the very people you seem to want to talk with. Does that really make a lot of sense?
    No worries Bill, she hasn't alienated me, I was born alienated hehehe.

As Jane replied to my earlier post, I can respond to that:

"Communism isn’t a belief system, it’s an economic model, all economic models are ‘not real’. Communism hasn’t ever been applied. And even if it were, it can’t be applied in a globalised system where the majority of the world follows a completely different economic model. I used materialist in the context of being concerned with material possessions. Communism is applicable at any time but requires a level of spiritual awakening that would not be possible at this time so I take your point there.

And sure, the world isn’t real but we sure as **** have to live here so we might as well do something with our time while we’re here."

Economic model/belief system: same thing - it's a way of understanding the world. But as Marx said, the point is not to interpret the world, but to change it. We understand each other well enough so far.

Materialist - I specifically said "non-spiritual" so that you would see I wasn't referring to material possessions. You understand that Marxism doesn't believe in the soul, spiritual energy, reincarnation, god - not even astrology! As Marx said, religion is the opium of the people, which may well have been correct when he wrote it (now it is more like consumerism which is the opium of the people) but by rejecting all spirituality he is just throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Marxist understanding of human nature is woefully incomplete. Do you agree with that?

About communism as a political system, are you aware that those few people in the modern world who profess to believe in communism all say that it hasn't been tried? In my original post I specifically said - I hope you weren't going to say that - and then you said that! Are you trying to troll us, or have you just no idea of the context? (BTW: still not upset or alienated).

Communism, in the sense of the political system developed by Marx and first implemented by Lenin, has been tried many times, and every time has ended in failure (possible exception: Cuba, but even that has quite a few issues - I'm not an expert here, just trying to be fair minded). And communism has always existing alongside/in conflict with a global capitalist system. Would you prefer that the global economic system put itself "on hold" to allow some country to try to implement "real communism"? I don't even - I can't even...

Communism has the appeal of purity, of something to wholeheartedly believe in. Fine, but that is a psychological comfort blanket. It is not reality. Welcome to Avalon - this is reality, but nobody has a monopoly on the truth.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (11th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020), spade (11th July 2020), toppy (9th July 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,508 times in 4,311 posts

Communism won't make anything better. It probably works quite smoothly on paper as an idealistic, egalitarian, utopian concept, but it does not work. The jury's in, the verdict out, case closed. It doesn't work. Because it ends up going hand-in-hand, EVERY SINGLE TIME it's been attempted, with Totalitarianism. And uncountable deaths. Those were the findings, those were the conclusions, and that was the end of the debate. So what are we even talking about here?

Communism has proven itself very very very very very comprehensively the most disastrous (and murderous) political/economic model to ever emerge from the bowels of human thought. The death count alone shows that. Even in the mildest sense you have a complete loss of personal freedom, which I personally hold to be sacrosanct. Communism destroys freedom of individuality and freedom of speech by its very definition, and freedom of ownership, freedom of enterprise, and freedom of movement. The list goes on. We were all well-schooled in the mechanics (and horrors) of communism back in the day. My friends and peers learned all about it, because my teachers taught it. Is it taught no longer? Back in the 70s and 80s if one was to proclaim they were a communist, it would be like today saying one was a Nazi. I'm being dead serious. Because what communism IS was once well-understood. Obviously it isn't any longer.

The only people who EVER speak in favour of communism clearly know nothing about the history - they have never lived in or have experienced the regime for themselves. One has to ask, has the 20th century been forgotten? Is history being erased by schools and colleges? Nothing would surprise me now. Every government of this type ends either in bankruptcy, revolution, or genocide. That's the bottom line. Is that conveniently absent from the present day curriculum? Many young people of course weren't even alive in the 20th century, so if they didn't live it and now aren't being taught about it, they just won't know. They may think they know, but I would say they've been fooled by propaganda, by bullsh!t. But they won't know the reality.

A history lesson.

I already hear claims of "that wasn't real communism". Well that is certainly bollocks.

This is also an excellent talk and has many relevant points.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

ClearWater (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), ExomatrixTV (12th July 2020), Hym (9th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), skogvokter (11th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,309 times in 5,692 posts

Star Mariner, I'd like to give you a hug

Great post there. Kids really aren't being taught about things like Stalinist Russia and Maoist China. They see something like communism and it looks superficially sensible and compassionate on paper, but they've not a clue what happens when it's applied in the real world. And part of the reason is because this communist/marxism has been married with a postmodernism that disputes the very idea of anything being objectively real to begin with. It's a philosophy that disputes logic, and common sense, and by doing so is free to make as less sense as possible while weaponizing the emotions of mostly young, naive people who are genuinely appalled with suffering in the world and desperately want to help but aren't sophisticated enough yet to know they're being exploited.

And it doesn't help when they get to university and these idiot Marxist professors are shoving this crap down their throats.

Anyway, thanks for your refreshing sanity and beautifully written post.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Baby Steps (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th July 2020), skogvokter (11th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Hello Everyone:
    This is Communism from the perspective of a Korean man that moved from (before north and south Korea separated to Russia) He was from the North and moved to Russia.
    When Stalin decided anyone who wasn't worthy of being Russian he was put on a train in the middle of the night with hundreds of others and 4 days later the doors opened and they were thrown off the train. I asked him where were you and he told me: We had NO IDEA where we were!
    I asked him what they ate and he told me grass because there was NO food.
    Now to jump ahead to 2002. This man was 91 years old and lived in Uzbekistan as a Korean Soviet..
    I asked him through a translator ( my wife ) do you like democracy? He told me he Hated it!
    As he continued he told me under communism everyone was equal. Same apartment. Same food. Same clothes. Same car. Same everything. Everyone was the same in this sense. What you believed was the same. Etc. Etc.
    No theft etc because you would just get more of the same.

When democracy came in and everyone was supposedlyl free I would walk down the street and the gangs which we didn't have under communism would want money and if I had say 10 dollars they would beat me up! Take my 10 bucks and throw me in the dumpster.
    Which one would you like Communism or democracy?
    After all that had happened to this man in Communism he told me he would still pick Communism.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Justjane (9th July 2020), norman (9th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Daniel Schmachtenberger always has a way to elegantly break down and explain things for maximum understanding .... Here he is on the "left vs right" debate, which can be extrapolated to understanding the capitalism vs communism debate.

He explains the problems with both styles of thinking ...

Well worth the 10 minutes:
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 9th July 2020 at 17:58.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Baby Steps (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Franny (10th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chancy (here)
    Which one would you like Communism or democracy?
    Millions and millions of corpses would say democracy.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Mike (9th July 2020), skogvokter (11th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Capitalism has failed us, that much is sure. Communism didn't work either even though it was never fully implemented as intended.

We are still living in scarcity model which only benefits the few at the expense of everyone else. We would need something far better.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Baby Steps (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), DeDukshyn (9th July 2020), Frank V (9th July 2020), Franny (10th July 2020), justntime2learn (9th July 2020), Sophocles (9th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Put it this way. Democracy means that as a sovereign individual you have the freedom and opportunity to become more than you are, in fact anything you want to be. What's more, you have the power to not only choose the style of the regime and the personnel in that regime, but the power to change it by electoral process. Communism means you are a drone, a slave, with no freedom or opportunity to forge your own destiny, to become anything more than a drone or a slave. You lack any say or any power whatsoever to change or affect the regime, or even criticize it. I can think of no system more anti-human than this.

The faults and failings in the west are less the faults and failings of our democratic model than profligacy and immorality that naturally manifests in any human enterprise. No one wants gangs roaming the streets that chancy mentioned, but that is a testament of corruption in the system, not the system itself. Democracy isn't perfect, no way, because human beings are involved and human beings aren't perfect. But as a model, as a principle, democracy allows for human individuality, human growth, and human potential. Communism smothers it. Communism deletes it.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Constance (9th July 2020), Mike (9th July 2020), skogvokter (11th July 2020), ulli (9th July 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

This is a topic that I have discussed repeatedly on this forum over the years. I am gratified to see Daniel Schmachtenberger added to the discussion. He says many things more eloquently than I ever could, and in the oral medium preferred by many. We need more on this:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1331295

I am also gratified to see Terence McKenna quoted, whom I recently discussed here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1361806

In addition, there is a recent Right-Left dichotomy thread, to which I contributed here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1362858

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Constance (9th July 2020), DeDukshyn (9th July 2020), Franny (10th July 2020), onawah (9th July 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,074 times in 8,172 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)

Communism means you are a drone, a slave, with no freedom or opportunity to forge your own destiny, to become anything more than a drone or a slave. You lack any say or any power whatsoever to change or affect the regime, or even criticize it. I can think of no system more anti-human than this.

I guess then, if they are smart, they won't call it communism when they complete their fully automated technocracy that converts 'democratic' control by the most brainwashed mass to control by the most effectively brainwashing algorithm running checkbox choices as a substitute for identity politically suicided sovereign individual beings.

They might even get away with calling it a corporate mission statement once the corporate social score system has removed all trace of decent.

It's completely nuts, to think of communism and corporate capitalism as opposites. They are exactly the same thing painted up in different livery. Early experimental communism lacked the complete and overt hookup to directly targeted lines of credit extended down from the 'upper floor' of the fake money banking sorcery. They've come a long way now though. It's all in place. They must have been absolutely gutted when Orange Man said "enough is enough". Especially when it fully sunk in that their useful idiots really were idiots.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

AutumnW (9th July 2020), Constance (9th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th July 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

delete it all.
    Last edited by Kamikaze; 13th November 2020 at 17:27.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 11 12 LastLast