Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Phenomena Known As "Karens"

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Default Re: The Phenomena Known As "Karens"

It reminds of the cartoon about the two dogs, the big tough boxer and the little terrier type dog. The big dog is quiet but the little dog is always shooting off its mouth, acting tough. The little dog is just playing tough but is really a coward. The little dog always gets the big dog in trouble with the kangaroo it mistakes for a very big mouse...funny and sort of how things are playing out in real life

can't find that one but these are the two characters...

I think I might have confused two cartoons...

still hilarious
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 19th July 2020 at 20:53.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Gracy (19th July 2020), Mike (20th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (19th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

One of the funnier memes that has come out recently, but I wonder what's her male counterpart? Joe Sixpack?
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Gracy (19th July 2020), Mike (20th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (19th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,229 times in 912 posts

Savannah, Well said, imo! Diane

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Gracy (19th July 2020), Harmony (20th July 2020), Mike (20th July 2020), Savannah (19th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,370 times in 497 posts

Quote Posted by Sarah Rainsong (here)
    As far I understand, "Karen" was the term originally coined by Millennials who constantly had to deal with obnoxious customers who were determined to point out where the store/employee/business was wrong and then demanded to be compensated for it, and where these obnoxious customers were largely middle-aged white women. Millennials, whose social circles tend to run on social media and therefore adopt their own terms and way of talking, started using "Karen" to refer to that. (i.e. I had to deal with another "Karen" at the store today.)

Then the big media picked it up, and now it's become an over-used meme. It's like when adults try overly hard to be "cool" with the kids, which I find cringe-worthy. Just let the kids do their thing, and you do you. Our media needs to grow up.
    Bingo. That's exactly right.

Karens were a thing when I had my first job at a restaurant in 2014. They were a daily scourge.

The media is just now weaponizing it, as they would with fluffy kittens if they could.

Let us not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Gracy (20th July 2020), Mike (20th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (20th July 2020), Wind (20th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

I have a feeling that Karens and Darrins are at the end of their rope and so out of balance they don't know what to do or where to find help so they simply explode.

Psychology professor Jordan B. Peterson identifies the root of almost all mental illnesses.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Constance (20th July 2020), Gemma13 (20th July 2020), Gracy (20th July 2020), Harmony (20th July 2020), Ivanhoe (22nd July 2020), kfm27917 (22nd July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th July 2020), onawah (20th July 2020), Wind (20th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by Franny (here)
    I have a feeling that Karens and Darrins are at the end of their rope and so out of balance they don't know what to do or where to find help so they simply explode.

Psychology professor Jordan B. Peterson identifies the root of almost all mental illnesses.

Great vid Franny. Thanks so much for sharing.

...and it only takes the smallest pin to pop that balloon.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Franny (21st July 2020), Gracy (20th July 2020), Harmony (20th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    We are seeing ever-creasing extremes these days, almost everywhere we look, in belief structures, social systems, in the weather, and very much in the already fragile emotional complex of human beings. I believe there's something energetic going on – something to do with the shifting vibrations of the planet. Yet, social conditioning is also playing a large role in this.

In a world where logic and rationality are marginalized, only base emotions are left to fill in the gap.
    People act crazy when they feel powerless. Power-hungry people frequently feel powerless.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd July 2020), Franny (21st July 2020), Gracy (20th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    Karen may be feeling she can no long stand to be bullied and mistreated by anyone anymore.
    Seems like the original Karen was a bully, but now the definition has extended to people who are resisting being bullied.
    Last edited by TomKat; 20th July 2020 at 15:46.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Gracy (20th July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th July 2020), mokosh (21st July 2020), wondering (20th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,173 times in 1,357 posts

I'd never heard about 'Karens' until recently, when a friend in London told me that it was being applied there to women who very vocally point out social distancing infringements and berate others for not wearing face masks.

Not that I would use the term myself, I hate stereotypes.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Gracy (21st July 2020), wondering (22nd July 2020)

19. Link to Post #30
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,019 times in 284 posts

As people grow up, the ego tends to solidify. In combination with the lack of intimate relationships, feeling loved, experiencing tenderness etc., humans start to become critical, aggressive with rigid opinions. They try to find other ways to feel their inner lack of energy. Since most of humanity doesn't know how to turn inwards to their spirit, their solution is to become Karens.

The Karen path is easier for women who are much more critical and communicative than men. Males usually self-destroy and become apathetic to life if they are oversensitive/burdened or they become too strict and mentally cumbersome.
    Last edited by ZenBaller; 21st July 2020 at 09:42.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

Gracy (21st July 2020), kfm27917 (22nd July 2020), TomKat (22nd July 2020), wondering (22nd July 2020)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,301 times in 4,083 posts

Quote Posted by samildamach (here)
    You don't need to know there private life,this is designed to shut people up for having an opinion.
    It's the same as being called a conspiracy theorist
    Just what I was thinking; a way to dismiss someones opinion. And mostly this is a derogatory term but will add I have heard people called 'Karen' in a positive way. But I'm not trying to say this is typical, and it's not a nice thing, overall, since it leads to dismissing someones voice. Also man-Karens are a thing. It has been said man-Karens make the worst Karens. I've seen the youtube video, I agree

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Gracy (21st July 2020), wondering (22nd July 2020)

23. Link to Post #32
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

The world is disjointed, more so today than ever.

Speaking collectively people are apathetic and separated. There is no empathy, respect, civility or dignity. Social graces and hospitality are relics of the pre-internet era. I truly miss that era. And “Karens” are a symptom of the dis-ease that plagues us.

With respect to Karens behaving badly, let’s examine it from another perspective:
    Karen is paying for a service. The Millennial providing that service couldn’t care less about the job, the service and quite possibly is so sociopathic that he/she is oozing with contempt for the Karen (or any customer) and the job. I am sure everyone here has had that experience. Makes your blood boil doesn’t it? And it is happening everywhere. And it has happened to Karen three times that day. Boiling point?

Regarding the social shaming of “Karens”:
    Society, through collective programming and psy-ops that appear organic, but are not, have people not only self- policing, but gaining social favor by exposing others publicly and quite possibly, in a situation without full context. It’s as though all these Youtube “supastaz”, have taken a leaf out of the CIA/MSM social engineering playbook and aspire to do their jobs for them. All for likes and the pennies they’ll be paid by the CIA/Google for their participation in ushering in the Orwellian State with a side order of Chinese style social credits.
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

atman (19th September 2020), Brigantia (21st July 2020), Delight (21st July 2020), Gracy (21st July 2020), Harmony (22nd July 2020), kfm27917 (22nd July 2020), wondering (22nd July 2020)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    Regarding the social shaming of “Karens”.
    I’m glad you brought up the “s word”, shame. To me this is one of the biggest problems today, people lacking any sense of shame about being total and complete assholes out in public.

People like “Karen”, be they male or female, have spent little to no time during their lives to the task of acquiring self awareness, self control, wisdom and humility, and it’s demonstrated beautifully in the examples from the opening post.

The ego is so out of control, they’re so fixed and ridged in their thinking, and they are so convinced of their own self righteousness, that this entitled them to do as they please regardless of how their actions may affect others.

A “Karen” doesn’t even necessarily have to be rude to do “her” thing, just keep insisting how right “she” is, and never let up on it.

In case no ones noticed, that’s even happening more and more on this forum, certain people being so convinced of how right they are about a certain thing, that they feel entitled to keep bashing the rest of us on the head over and over again until we come to applaud their genius.

Karens are never wrong, and they’re going to make anyone in the vicinity damn well aware of it...

26. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Regarding the social shaming of “Karens”.
    I’m glad you brought up the “s word”, shame. To me this is one of the biggest problems today, people lacking any sense of shame about being total and complete assholes out in public.
    LOL. I am by no means suggesting that the behavior is acceptable. Not at all. I just wanted to point out that by giving this energy, we might be participating in our own enslavement. And its being done by unsuspecting participants (most Karen video posters) for a laugh, or likes or monetization. What they don't see is that there are parroting a meme that was introduced by In-Q-Tel. And, isn't it just a little coincidental that the "Karen thing" has really taken off during the plandemic? Another tool of division. I highly suspect that Xenoshot (a proflific Karen video uploader) is In-Q-Tel.

Another point that I haven't made is that the participants in the Karen debacle all emphasize that a Karen is a WHITE middle aged privileged woman with a particular hairstyle? Whaaa? Come on. I have seen plenty of black women melt down in public and no one would dare to create a meme called Shaniqua - a thirty something overworked, stressed out black woman with four inch fingernails and clip on hair. Now I personally DO NOT feel that way about black women or anyone. Again, full disclosure - I am discussing a stereotype. And that stereotype is NOT OK. However, isn't it ironic that in the midst of a plandemic and the BLM (Antifa operation), that all of social media is absolutely giddy with joy about the prospect of identifying a Privileged (hang on, most of those women do not appear to have privilege, and its probably driving the insanity) WHITE woman. Again, more division. And what's even crazier is that white people are more than happy to wag their fingers at a PRIVILEGED WHITE WOMAN, but live in fear of ever criticizing Antifa sponsored terrorists burning down cities? People are being manipulated and played for the purpose of division, social strife and being led into the gas chamber of the 21st century in their designer "face coverings" while hating and fearing their neighbors - the only ones remotely capable of fighting this war on humanity.
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

atman (19th September 2020), Brigantia (21st July 2020), Gracy (21st July 2020), Harmony (22nd July 2020), Jayke (22nd July 2020), Kryztian (13th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st July 2020), Universoul (21st July 2020), wondering (22nd July 2020)

28. Link to Post #35
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,735 times in 4,341 posts

People are being manipulated and played for the purpose of division, social strife and being led into the gas chamber of the 21st century in their designer "face coverings" while hating and fearing their neighbors - the only ones remotely capable of fighting this war on humanity.
    Agreed, and this is your Identity Politics.. which is just a softly softly term for Tribalism. If you divide everyone up into an array of competing tribes, then set them off against each other, this is precisely what's going to happen. Chaos.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

AriG (21st July 2020), atman (19th September 2020), East Sun (22nd July 2020), Gracy (21st July 2020), Harmony (22nd July 2020), kfm27917 (22nd July 2020), wondering (22nd July 2020)

30. Link to Post #36
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Most people don't know, but "Karen" was first conceived within the realm of "icanhazcheeseburger". Subsequently, the notion has evolved, but it all began with a cat talking back to his cat mom over her criticism of his behavior versus her wine drinking habits. Karen was just the random woman's name chosen in the initial cat meme, and it stuck.

31. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

There's nothing wrong with pointing out shameful behaviour, and millennials were very astute to coin the term. And it's not like these Karens didn't choose to be walking stereotypes.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Gracy (22nd July 2020), Jayke (22nd July 2020), wondering (22nd July 2020)

33. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    We are seeing ever-creasing extremes these days, almost everywhere we look, in belief structures, social systems, in the weather, and very much in the already fragile emotional complex of human beings. I believe there's something energetic going on – something to do with the shifting vibrations of the planet. Yet, social conditioning is also playing a large role in this.

In a world where logic and rationality are marginalized, only base emotions are left to fill in the gap.
    If I remember correctly, in Ra Material - Law of One, Ra said that when the end of this cycle comes, we will have "influx" of different energies on earth. Those who have worked on themselves, who are "spiritually advanced" so to speak, will feel better with those new energies.

On the other hand, people who have stayed on "low" spiritual level, won't be able to bear it, and will go crazy/insane/mad in a way.

Maybe that really is what is happening now, as it seems to me that everywhere I look there are a bunch of crazy/insane/mad people.

Except on Avalon of course

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

East Sun (22nd July 2020), Jayke (22nd July 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd July 2020), Sue (Ayt) (20th September 2020), Wind (22nd July 2020)

35. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Jad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,679 times in 283 posts

Talking Re: The Phenomena Known As "Karens"

Thought this would belong here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61AB8347-953E-4207-8BE2-CEA5C39E299D.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	43934
    Last edited by Jad; 22nd July 2020 at 16:34.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jad For This Post:

Jayke (22nd July 2020), Mashika (22nd July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (23rd July 2020), Wind (23rd July 2020)

37. Link to Post #40
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,735 times in 4,341 posts

Oh boy..

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

atman (19th September 2020), Gracy (19th September 2020), Jad (19th September 2020), PurpleLama (19th September 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast