+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: High blood sugars and high blood pressure

1. Link to Post #21
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,039 times in 645 posts

Default Re: High blood sugars and high blood pressure

Quote Two major threads which are packed with good information, personal testimonies, and references:
    Water Fasting
    A major key to a long and healthy life: fasting or a ketogenic diet
    "water fasting" - had never heard of it before in my 52 years in this 3D realm. That's what I love about this forum - nearly every time I start reading a thread, I learn something new, interesting, thought provoking and inevitably beneficial in more ways than one.

Thanks Bill et al.

Keep up the great work.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th July 2020), Blacklight43 (19th March 2021), Franny (29th July 2020), Iancorgi (1st August 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd March 2021), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mashika (29th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Dr Robert Morse explains the causes and differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and the cause of high and low blood sugars—from the perspective of endocrinology.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th July 2020), Constance (2nd August 2020), Elixir (1st August 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    New Zealand Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you guys for all of your valuable advice, I will pass it on for her to read and extract the info she may or may not have researched. She has been on a keto regime for quite awhile now and unfortunately her body has not switched over into fat burning mode. From a conversation I had with her a couple of weeks ago is that she is also experiencing kidney problems now as she has got the lowdown from another friend who is also a diabetic who is on dialysis for 9 hours a week who went through the kidney symptoms with her.

I've done this thread on her behalf in the hopes of widening the field on other alternative remedies in case she hasn't come across them. She is a fighter and was told about 10 years ago by her then doctor to go away and tie up her affairs as there was nothing they could do so she has managed to keep herself alive by doing research and taking the alternatives.

Thank you again everybody for your help, advice and recommendations and may the light be with you in these uncertain times.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scorpio Girl For This Post:

Agape (30th July 2020), Bill Ryan (30th July 2020), Iancorgi (30th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), scotslad (30th July 2020), sunflower (30th July 2020), Sunny (30th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

Thanks for response, now that you’ve described her state little closer,
    what about any pancreatic enzymes ?
    Many diabetics have chronically weakened production of pancreatic enzymes so also dyspeptic syndrome among else and difficulty to burn fats.

If your friend prefers natural enzymes that is highly commendable there are papaine-bromelaine plant enzymes derived from papaya and pine-apple and they do work very well if taken regularly.

Example: https://products.pharmacydirect.co.n...ain-And-Papain

I’ve heard many people swear on apple vinegar and other vinegars (including blueberry vinegar that is popular with young people in South Korea), helping to burn fats and accelerate metabolic processes.

Hong Cho - vinegars from Korea

High doses of vitamin C may produce even better effect, starting anywhere from 1000mg daily.

Proper bowel care is also very important in that matter, as accumulating toxins in our bodies is very dangerous to us.

The recommendations of this thread, namely water fast are one of the best and fastest ways to success though, in case of looming kidney disease.

Cranberry juice or extract are also excellent treatment for inflamed or obstructed kidney function that can fully replace antibiotic treatment, in early stages but seems to be all time supportive.

Wish you the best

Thanks for caring

🙏🌟🙏
    Last edited by Agape; 30th July 2020 at 16:55.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Sunny (1st August 2020)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

These Morphic Field videos may help your friend. I'm using these to address various health issues and for prevention. Initially, I was skeptical but they worked for me and many others. I and others do not need to take oral medications anymore because of these:

First, let her listen to this at least twice daily to enable the other morphic videos to work faster and stronger on her body system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyOa8kFARWE

This video can normalize blood sugar levels and may even cure diabetes 1 and 2. Use at least twice daily and let her read the comments of users of the video so she will know what to expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCj-7riSCGw

Listen to this at least twice daily for high blood pressure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcOtRqeHqtg

Best wishes and have a good day.
    Last edited by skyhigh; 30th July 2020 at 22:10.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skyhigh For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Sunny (1st August 2020)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

This free book, with a very wonderful (and obvious!) title, was recommended to me by a regular Avalon non-member guest to post here for Scorpio Girl. (Thank you! )
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st August 2020 at 11:29.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (1st August 2020), Anka (24th March 2021), Harmony (1st August 2020), Iancorgi (1st August 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), kudzy (2nd August 2020), Mare (1st August 2020), Yoda (1st August 2020)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

Thanks, Bill. But link is not working for me.

From Bill: thanks, and my apologies: link now fixed and working.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st August 2020 at 11:30.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

Anka (24th March 2021), Bill Ryan (1st August 2020), Harmony (1st August 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johan (Keyholder) (here)
    Has anyone here heard of (or tried) graviola? Another name is soursop or guanabana fruit. The dried leaves can be used to make tea.
    Yes, I use the Graviola leaf. It's alleged to reduce blood sugar, and it's nice mixed in with an assortment of other healthy teas. I like to blend Guayusa (a mild stimulant and muscle relaxant, good for the lungs, caffeinated, may help stabilize blood sugars) and Greek Mountain Tea, which isn't a 'tea leaf' at all, but a herb that grows on the mountainsides permuted by the grandmothers of the region to be a general 'all you need to keep the doctor away' tea. It's also known as Ironwort, and used for digestive health, lowering blood pressure, anxiety and depression reduction, and just generally all around good for you along with Hibiscus (lowers blood pressure) and Peppermint to make a pot of bright red pick me up tea to help keep the blood pressure and blood sugar levels where they belong. Tasty hot or iced.

Secondly, I use beet juice. Ironic that the juice that looks most like blood is an exceptional blood pressure lowering plant. My blood pressure was somewhere around "yikes". I believe it was 160/100 at the exact moment that a doctor checked three times to make sure she hadn't made a mistake, and then decided it wasn't her problem. A good thing too, because I went straight home and looked for natural ways to lower ones blood pressure.

Beets.

Hibiscus or "red sorrel" tea.

Took my blood pressure down to 120/90.

That's normal, for the record, not "yikes". I hadn't seen normal numbers for... well... ever. "My family just has high blood pressure" you see. Well, not me anymore. It takes the juice of one beet daily. I suppose you could eat the beet if you wanted, or have a beet pickle if you wanted, but I have it juiced.

I do consider this a stop-gap and am taking measures such as 'decrease enormous loads of stress' and 'become healthier overall', but I must praise the blood pressure decreasing power of beets. Do try it, if you trend high. You will have to commit to beets every day, as the effect I found with checking my blood pressure to confirm, wears off after about 2 days of not having beets. And having beets every day does come with... one, er, notable side effect. (whispers) DON'T PANIC IT'S FINE IT'S JUST THE BEETS YOU'RE NOT DYING okay that's all I have to say on that, ahem, topic.

Alas I do not have a blood sugar machine so I have not been able to confirm the results of the use of alleged blood pressure lowering herbs in the same way I was able to go and test my blood pressure to scientifically confirm the beet+red tea regime not only lowered my blood pressure, but made it actually normal healthy ranges again.

Oh, while I was testing the results of these two herbal remedies, I also concluded that the hibiscus tea's effect lasts a bit longer. About four days before blood pressure began to rise on me. You do have to consume more than the beets, though. A solid large 16 oz tea brewed strong, boiled is even better than just pour-over in this case, so long as you have no sensitive tea leaves in the mix. Beet juice, if cold-pressed from fresh beets, even just an ounce or two will do it but it tastes so good you'll probably want to have more. However, I caution on drinking too much, not just because of the 'side effect' but because if you consume too much it can cause the opposite reaction, where your blood pressure gets too low and you feel faint from it. I did not consume enough to cause this reaction, but my roommate who has low blood pressure already, had just a small cup of it, maybe four ounces, and felt extremely fatigued from the resulting crash. Don't worry, I fed her plenty of salty, unhealthy food and she's back to tip top shape! I have consumed four ounces and not felt that impact, likely due to a much higher blood pressure starting point, but the risk is there that it will make you feel worse instead of better if you do not actually need lower blood pressure.

I use a shot glass worth every day and a large mug of tea every two days to maintain the reported 40 points decrease in systolic pressure and 10 points decrease in diastolic pressure.

That's big pharma medicated level decreases. Without anything other than some plant juice. Brilliant. No tampering with my blood viscosity needed, thanks!

I didn't see anyone else talk about beets and blood pressure in this thread which is why I chose to bump it, as I feel it could be medicinally valuable for some to have this anecdote!

I don't believe the graviola or guayusa has significantly impacted my blood pressure but I did feel a bit more 'well' once I began taking these two leaves due to their overall relaxing and anti-depressant influence. They all blend together nicely into a pleasing beverage, plus at least from my supplier, I was able to get an enormous ziplock bag just stuffed full of leaves for the price of a box of standard tea! I've never seen it on a local shelf, but I have a Canadian source that imports these herbs, as well as several other wonderful healing herbs such as turmeric in root form, for resale. I'm sure most people will be able to find an online source if interested in trying any of these plants. Beets can be found in your local grocery store (convenient!) or in juice form in the 'natural foods' isle or in a specialty natural foods store. I found a farmer's market source that coldpresses it fresh from locally grown beets... that's the way to do it if possible, or juice your own! But that's not always possible... the storebought juice isn't quite as nice but it'll do. Hibiscus tea is easy to find, it's in most grocery stores I've visited... I got my stash from Bulk Barn!

Still, a long shipping time may be worth it for a herb with such beneficial properties as Graviola / Sour Sop Leaf, especially if it does lower blood sugar as I have heard. At the very least, it's just nice to blend in a tea mix, a little sweet, very smooth, no strong bitterness or odd medicinal flavors to note. Someday I may get a blood sugar machine and then I will do some testing and find out for sure and if I do I will post it here.
    May the Force be with you.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ti For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2021), Harmony (20th March 2021), Johan (Keyholder) (19th March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (19th March 2021), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

Dr. Jason Fung is a medical doctor who has had tremendous success treating diabetes in patients with fasting. He's done lots of great interviews on Youtube.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2021), Constance (19th March 2021), fifi (24th March 2021), Hym (19th March 2021), Islander12 (21st March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (19th March 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

Quote Posted by Ti (here)
    Quote Posted by Johan (Keyholder) (here)
    Has anyone here heard of (or tried) graviola? Another name is soursop or guanabana fruit. The dried leaves can be used to make tea.
    Yes, I use the Graviola leaf. It's alleged to reduce blood sugar, and it's nice mixed in with an assortment of other healthy teas. I like to blend Guayusa (a mild stimulant and muscle relaxant, good for the lungs, caffeinated, may help stabilize blood sugars) and Greek Mountain Tea, which isn't a 'tea leaf' at all, but a herb that grows on the mountainsides permuted by the grandmothers of the region to be a general 'all you need to keep the doctor away' tea. It's also known as Ironwort, and used for digestive health, lowering blood pressure, anxiety and depression reduction, and just generally all around good for you along with Hibiscus (lowers blood pressure) and Peppermint to make a pot of bright red pick me up tea to help keep the blood pressure and blood sugar levels where they belong. Tasty hot or iced.

Secondly, I use beet juice. Ironic that the juice that looks most like blood is an exceptional blood pressure lowering plant. My blood pressure was somewhere around "yikes". I believe it was 160/100 at the exact moment that a doctor checked three times to make sure she hadn't made a mistake, and then decided it wasn't her problem. A good thing too, because I went straight home and looked for natural ways to lower ones blood pressure.

Beets.

Hibiscus or "red sorrel" tea.

Took my blood pressure down to 120/90.

That's normal, for the record, not "yikes". I hadn't seen normal numbers for... well... ever. "My family just has high blood pressure" you see. Well, not me anymore. It takes the juice of one beet daily. I suppose you could eat the beet if you wanted, or have a beet pickle if you wanted, but I have it juiced.

I do consider this a stop-gap and am taking measures such as 'decrease enormous loads of stress' and 'become healthier overall', but I must praise the blood pressure decreasing power of beets. Do try it, if you trend high. You will have to commit to beets every day, as the effect I found with checking my blood pressure to confirm, wears off after about 2 days of not having beets. And having beets every day does come with... one, er, notable side effect. (whispers) DON'T PANIC IT'S FINE IT'S JUST THE BEETS YOU'RE NOT DYING okay that's all I have to say on that, ahem, topic.

Alas I do not have a blood sugar machine so I have not been able to confirm the results of the use of alleged blood pressure lowering herbs in the same way I was able to go and test my blood pressure to scientifically confirm the beet+red tea regime not only lowered my blood pressure, but made it actually normal healthy ranges again.

Oh, while I was testing the results of these two herbal remedies, I also concluded that the hibiscus tea's effect lasts a bit longer. About four days before blood pressure began to rise on me. You do have to consume more than the beets, though. A solid large 16 oz tea brewed strong, boiled is even better than just pour-over in this case, so long as you have no sensitive tea leaves in the mix. Beet juice, if cold-pressed from fresh beets, even just an ounce or two will do it but it tastes so good you'll probably want to have more. However, I caution on drinking too much, not just because of the 'side effect' but because if you consume too much it can cause the opposite reaction, where your blood pressure gets too low and you feel faint from it. I did not consume enough to cause this reaction, but my roommate who has low blood pressure already, had just a small cup of it, maybe four ounces, and felt extremely fatigued from the resulting crash. Don't worry, I fed her plenty of salty, unhealthy food and she's back to tip top shape! I have consumed four ounces and not felt that impact, likely due to a much higher blood pressure starting point, but the risk is there that it will make you feel worse instead of better if you do not actually need lower blood pressure.

I use a shot glass worth every day and a large mug of tea every two days to maintain the reported 40 points decrease in systolic pressure and 10 points decrease in diastolic pressure.

That's big pharma medicated level decreases. Without anything other than some plant juice. Brilliant. No tampering with my blood viscosity needed, thanks!

I didn't see anyone else talk about beets and blood pressure in this thread which is why I chose to bump it, as I feel it could be medicinally valuable for some to have this anecdote!

I don't believe the graviola or guayusa has significantly impacted my blood pressure but I did feel a bit more 'well' once I began taking these two leaves due to their overall relaxing and anti-depressant influence. They all blend together nicely into a pleasing beverage, plus at least from my supplier, I was able to get an enormous ziplock bag just stuffed full of leaves for the price of a box of standard tea! I've never seen it on a local shelf, but I have a Canadian source that imports these herbs, as well as several other wonderful healing herbs such as turmeric in root form, for resale. I'm sure most people will be able to find an online source if interested in trying any of these plants. Beets can be found in your local grocery store (convenient!) or in juice form in the 'natural foods' isle or in a specialty natural foods store. I found a farmer's market source that coldpresses it fresh from locally grown beets... that's the way to do it if possible, or juice your own! But that's not always possible... the storebought juice isn't quite as nice but it'll do. Hibiscus tea is easy to find, it's in most grocery stores I've visited... I got my stash from Bulk Barn!

Still, a long shipping time may be worth it for a herb with such beneficial properties as Graviola / Sour Sop Leaf, especially if it does lower blood sugar as I have heard. At the very least, it's just nice to blend in a tea mix, a little sweet, very smooth, no strong bitterness or odd medicinal flavors to note. Someday I may get a blood sugar machine and then I will do some testing and find out for sure and if I do I will post it here.

I am an avid Beet user! I use them to keep my RA in check. As long as have beets my RA is under control. My doctor is surprised and amazed. I think it helps the blood pressure as well but it depends on the cause of your high blood pressure. Many people I have found would rather take pills. I don't want to do that so I am always searching for herbal remedies. I need to look into Graviola!

After realizing Graviola is Guanabana fruit, I was pleasantly surprised! I used to eat that all the time in Colombia, I just love it! A little harder to get around here!
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2021), Constance (19th March 2021), Harmony (20th March 2021), Hym (19th March 2021), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), leavesoftrees (20th March 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,212 times in 1,146 posts

Quote Posted by Scorpio Girl (here)
    Thank you guys for all of your valuable advice, I will pass it on for her to read and extract the info she may or may not have researched. She has been on a keto regime for quite awhile now and unfortunately her body has not switched over into fat burning mode. From a conversation I had with her a couple of weeks ago is that she is also experiencing kidney problems now as she has got the lowdown from another friend who is also a diabetic who is on dialysis for 9 hours a week who went through the kidney symptoms with her.

I've done this thread on her behalf in the hopes of widening the field on other alternative remedies in case she hasn't come across them. She is a fighter and was told about 10 years ago by her then doctor to go away and tie up her affairs as there was nothing they could do so she has managed to keep herself alive by doing research and taking the alternatives.

Thank you again everybody for your help, advice and recommendations and may the light be with you in these uncertain times.
    A long shot, but removing gluten from my diet had a big impact on my blood sugar issues. Best wishes to you both.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Harmony (20th March 2021), Islander12 (21st March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd March 2021), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Peace in Oz (21st March 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Last edited by Constance; 14th November 2021 at 03:00.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Harmony (20th March 2021), Hym (23rd March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd March 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,106 times in 905 posts

Karen, How do you use your beets? Diane

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Harmony (20th March 2021), Islander12 (21st March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd March 2021)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    A long shot, but removing gluten from my diet had a big impact on my blood sugar issues. Best wishes to you both.
    Me too. And there is something called "reactive hypoglycemia." Certain foods or ESPECIALLY food additives, can trigger a low blood sugar reaction. I've also found time of day to be a factor. If I have pancakes with syrup for breakfast it will mess me up for the whole day. But I can eat them for dinner with no problem. For me, eggs for breakfast eliminates any blood sugar issues for the rest of the day.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Harmony (23rd March 2021), Journeyman (23rd March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd March 2021), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Me too. And there is something called "reactive hypoglycemia." Certain foods or ESPECIALLY food additives, can trigger a low blood sugar reaction. I've also found time of day to be a factor. If I have pancakes with syrup for breakfast it will mess me up for the whole day. But I can eat them for dinner with no problem. For me, eggs for breakfast eliminates any blood sugar issues for the rest of the day.
    Yes, I'm ok with pancakes and syrup at breakfast as long as I get some protein as well. Eggs are superb for that and pack quite the nutritional punch to boot.

Another trick is to look at the GI index and try and move the foods you eat away from the high index values. Once I started getting a good amount of protein in the morning it stopped that 11am crash where previously I'd be eating biscuits with a coffee and continuing a cycle of peak and trough blood sugar through the day.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Karen (Geophyz) (23rd March 2021), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), TomKat (25th March 2021)

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wondering (here)
    I bake them with a little coffee and vinegar and a little fennel and coriander! They are so good!
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Journeyman (23rd March 2021)

33. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Karen (Geophyz) (here)
    I bake them with a little coffee and vinegar and a little fennel and coriander! They are so good!
    Coffee sounds intriguing, do you just sprinkle some ground coffee un them?

34. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Karen (Geophyz) (here)
    Coffee sounds intriguing, do you just sprinkle some ground coffee un them?
    Depends on what I have on hand. Sometimes I use coffee beans and other times I just sprinkle the coffee on them. I have also tried liquid coffee, not as good! I use a little apple cider vinegar and I experiment will all sorts of spices!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Journeyman (23rd March 2021)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

I recently went to see a dentist and discovered my BP was to high for them to do even a simple cleaning.
    I researched home remedies for high BP and came across some information about using CBD to lower BP.
    The morning I first tried it, I took my BP prior to taking the CBD .
    It was extremely high @ 172/98. After just one 300mcg dose and a 15 min wait I took my BP again and it was 124/78. I continue to take 300mcg dose 3xs a day as it works well for me.
    CBD can be expensive so I purchased some organic CBD isolate along with organic MCT oil and now make my own oil at a fraction of the cost of retail.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woodshreder For This Post:

Journeyman (23rd March 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd March 2021), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), TomKat (24th March 2021)

38. Link to Post #40
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Scorpio Girl, I'm sorry your friend is struggling. I can't comment on the heart problems but I can say a bit about the diabetes. My daughter was diagnosed with late onset type 1 diabetes when she was 21 years old. It came completely out of the blue as we had no history of it in our respective families. She is a sensible soul but every day is a struggle. She once described it to me as her body just cries out to eat all the foods that she really shouldn't eat.
    We live in the UK and I think are very lucky as all the medication is free and associated aides. She has a freestyle Libre reader which continually monitors her blood sugar levels. It's all connected to her smart phone and her husbands and if her levels get too high or low it sends out an alert.

She follows a practically low carb/no carb diet. She substitutes bread for lettuce leaves ( she told me last night they had home made burgers and roasted vegetables - hence the lettuce leaves wrapped around the burger. ) When I cook for her she tells me to use vegetables that grow above the soil as the ones that grow under the ground ie potatoes etc are usually high carbs. So when she comes here I cook with a lot of green vegetables etc served with roasted chicken, grilled fish, chops etc. If her levels are really spiking then she goes for a 20 minute walk, the exercise generally brings them down.

I would encourage your friend to totally change her eating habits and give it a whirl say for four weeks and see if her blood sugars can be maintained between acceptable levels.

Also, she tried the cider vinegar tip a few years ago - it had no effect. My other half has cider vinegar every day but drinks it through a ' metal straw ' as apparently this stops your teeth from being eroded.

I wish your friend the best of luck and she's lucky to have someone like you who is obviously very caring.

Suzi

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi E For This Post:

Anka (24th March 2021), Journeyman (24th March 2021), TomKat (25th March 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2