+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: High blood sugars and high blood pressure

1. Link to Post #1
    New Zealand Avalon Member
    Thanks

Unhappy High blood sugars and high blood pressure

Hi there folks, I would love any info please on the above 2 topics as I have a very close friend who is a diabetic with heart problems but the diabetic part seems to be the worst bit. She has had high blood sugar levels for awhile now and has tried numerous things to try and stabilise it and recently high blood pressure has kicked in leaving her with a general feeling of malaise from both the high blood sugars and high blood pressure. Is there anyone out there who has some success with anything alternative. We live in NZ where alternative remedies are not always available but if there are any good websites that will post stuff to NZ that would be great. Failing that any recommendations to go on a healing list would be great also.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scorpio Girl For This Post:

Agape (28th July 2020), Baby Steps (27th July 2020), Bill Ryan (27th July 2020), happyuk (19th March 2021), Harmony (29th July 2020), Islander12 (27th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), jjjones (30th July 2020), Mark (20th March 2021), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), toppy (28th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: High blood sugars and high blood pressure

Hi Scorpio Girl,

I do both diabetes and heart illness :/

My diabetes is type 2, so i was able to control it with exercise and not eating lots of meat and sugar, i keep mostly constant normal sugar levels as someone without diabetes through tons of care and effort, but sometimes it still can go out of control if i go out to bars and drink Tequila or Rum or stuff like that, it just completely takes me out of my usual levels and it feels terrible so i get what your friend is going through

I had a lapse of high blood pressure a bit ago, (actually been having them for months now but only managed to control it with lots of help here on Avalon in the past couple weeks) i was doing lots of things to help out, like taking lots of walks, since i can't run anymore because my heart goes crazy. It does help and even things like when your sitting and having something to raise your feet over the ground and extend them helps a lot in feeling well through long work hours

I found that Yoga can help a lot, plus gently but strict schedules of exercise, and at least 30 minutes of walking in the morning, and no coffee and no alcohol because it causes tons of issues, i could not even move my left hand fingers at some point and i'm left handed, it was one of the scariest moments in my life and due to not caring about that aspect of my illness i caused myself tons of harm in a couple weeks, because i felt ok and thought "what could go wrong, right?" then everything went wrong

I did not stop eating meat, but i only eat chicken and some but rare times beef, i don't do pork or any other more heavy stuff, neither hot dogs or burgers or stuff like that. Only natural food, I don't eat processed foods, it will kill slowly but sometimes faster than anything else, i can tell when i feel bad because i've been relying on food from the supermarket instead of buying stuff from the corner store that it's been delivered that morning, including meat and most other stuff that goes bad in a couple days. I rather buy it again than having the freezer full of food that goes bad in 6 months because the label says it can be frozen and it lasts for ages and it's cheap

It's a sacrifice, you spend a lot more if you don't buy frozen stuff like that but it's worth your health

A lot of good stuff was posted here, i started taking some of the natural remedies here and it's been a short time so i can't still say what works better for me, and probably even if i could, may not be the same for other people, but some of the stuff there can't do any harm at all

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...nd-arrhythmias

For diabetes for sure exercise helps a lot, you did not say what type it was but if 2 then it can be controlled a lot better i think, i've been experiencing with that for years now and i feel good, sometimes for months i don't even remember i was ill, it's only when i go in rampages that it comes back but otherwise i feel great most times

The heart issues are a completely different thing, and i can tell it can go worse in weeks if not taken care of, but that really needs support and lots of tests to figure out the exact issue, because being misdiagnosed is very easy and it can cause even more bad side effects on diabetes :/

Anyway i hope some of my random spaghetti sentences makes sense :D

Best wishes to your friend, and i think the most important thing must be that they never must stop caring and fighting hard, because it makes tons of differences in how body reacts to the illness in the long term

ETA:

Is your friend testing glucose levels? And how many times a day/week? And what are the averages?

Like testing before and after meals can give you a good idea of how much are you affected by the food you eat and how much does it takes to go back to more normal levels, specially if you have to eat very fast (like when only having 30 minutes for lunch time)
    Last edited by Mashika; 27th July 2020 at 03:29.
    Tired

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Agape (28th July 2020), Baby Steps (27th July 2020), Bill Ryan (27th July 2020), Harmony (27th July 2020), Islander12 (27th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Lilybee8 (30th July 2020), Mark (20th March 2021), Olam (27th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), toppy (28th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

arguable someone like me who suffers from the same should not prognosticate, however

a factor in high bp is inflammation so get loads of anti inflammatories into the diet.I like cocoa, flax, salmon, green veg, and occasional turmeric with cinnamon, pepper and cayenne, but be careful re: kidneys

Additionally eliminate inflammatory foods like fried stuff, fast carbs etc

To reduce blood sugar levels occasional chromium supplements may help, hard to absorb, but taking with a veg smoothie may help. The smoothies are well documented to help with diabetes.

weight loss and intermittent fasting and diet to promote ketosis

these two are like a complex of the same condition.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Agape (28th July 2020), Bill Ryan (27th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Harmony (27th July 2020), Islander12 (27th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mark (20th March 2021), Mashika (27th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), toppy (28th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,317 times in 185 posts

I have been diagnosed as pre-diabetic. What works for me is to eat a low-carbohydrate diet. I have not gone super low, as in keto, but mor protein and fat than my friends, who like to eat grains. I have a reaction to foods like rice, bread, fruit, that are high in carbohydrates -- if I eat more than a bite or two, I get tired and have to lie down. I have ended up eating beans and salad for breakfast -- but that is because I am vegan. If your friend eats meat, I think it would be super easy to eat more protein and fat. Also raw and cooked veggies are good.

Another thing I found out is that I can use blood sugar herbs to eat a wider variety of foods. I have used curcumin, berberine, cinnamon, bitter melon, chanca piedra, and combination formulas. Not all of them at one time -- any of these are beneficial, and turmeric tea is too. If I take a good dose of herbs 1/2 hour - 1 hour before eating, I can eat a spaghetti meal with birthday cake at the end and be OK. But on normal days, I just eat the foods I can eat without taking herbs.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sunny For This Post:

Agape (28th July 2020), Baby Steps (27th July 2020), Bill Ryan (27th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Harmony (29th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Lilybee8 (30th July 2020), Mashika (28th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), toppy (28th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

For high blood pressure, I've found nothing that works as well as full spectrum CBD oil. A daily dropper full under the tongue, hold for 30 seconds before swallowing -- nightly to sleep more soundly, but any time is OK. There's a lot of ineffective CBD oil for sale, especially online. So find a good local source and get the full spectrum version.

As to adult diabetes, that is usually caused by overweight.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Agape (28th July 2020), Bill Ryan (27th July 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mark (20th March 2021), Mashika (28th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,209 times in 32,905 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Or often, the other way round. High blood sugar leads to the liver working overtime to try to get the excess sugar outta there, after which (a little while later) it's deposited ("archived") as fat.

So being overweight can simply be the result of high blood sugar. (But yes, the two often go together.)
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th July 2020 at 15:27.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (28th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (28th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mark (20th March 2021), Mashika (28th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), Sunny (28th July 2020), toppy (28th July 2020), Yoda (27th July 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Type 2D, I recently spent 10 days in hospital with infection in foot. As a diabetic, doctors were concerned about SEPSIS and had me on IV the whole time to stop it turning fatal or losing limbs - that serious.

Interestingly, they put me on Citaglypton (hopefully spelt right) to lower my blood sugars - which it did perfectly down from 15+ to around 6 after 24hrs. (and has stayed.) They're biggest concern was, because I only have one eye that my blood pressure can cause a build up of fluid behind my eye and affect my vision. (which it has) and now have to go in on wed for injection to my eye. I dont fully understand the physics or detail yet - I have a phobia of needles and have enough to think about.

However, LOSE WEIGHT and eat less carbs would allow the body to hopefully produce more insulin and better control glucose - they said.

In approx 3 weeks in total (10 days in, 10 days out) - lost 3/4+ stone. V little carbs, and no cravings of snacks infront of tv in evening. (Been hard, but committed.) Historically, average scottish diet. I was given a book by my consultant, which said males - 2500 cals & 300g Carbs reducing down would be a good start. Now much less. (not counting) but estimating with help from excellent book called - "Carbs & Cals & Protein & Fat".

A great book because one problem I have is diabetic maculopathy and colour contrast where reading is very blurred like looking thru butcher chill strips of polythene and cloudy wedding photographs - the book has pics of everything one eats and different plate sizes. very clever and easy to identify corrective behaviour and attitude.

When I went in was Just under 14 st, and now just over 13st.

So far so good(ish) - I do however start the day with a bowl of porridge and hot water (Brose as us Scots ken it as) with some apple or pear, and have taken to apples for a quick snack through the day - was warned by doc not to eat bananas. Overheard in ward - up to 6 spoons of sugar in a BANANA - havent validated that yet)

Bizarrely tho - and TRUE - other senses becoming more highly attuned, greater clarity, calmness, an overwhelming sense of gratitude. NOT A JESUS MOMENT - NO voices, no images, but now an intense knowing and sharper awareness of everything around me not just local either - WELL WEIRD but 100% true.

I made reference to this in another post on forum. I think because I had no visitors, no tv, no hours on web, just lying with nothing on mind - probably an almost meditative state for about 5 days on and off. A lot of change and a very very interesting stage of my life journey. We shall see what develops, but there has been a MAJOR "shift" in awareness and mindfulness of well being and in wanting to maintain it.

Hope that helps and gives an insight or two.
    Last edited by scotslad; 27th July 2020 at 15:29.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Agape (28th July 2020), Baby Steps (27th July 2020), Bill Ryan (27th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mark (20th March 2021), Mashika (28th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), toppy (28th July 2020), wondering (27th July 2020)

15. Link to Post #8
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,189 times in 1,661 posts

@TomKat

what is CBD oil?

please inform-

Larry

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Or often, the other way round. High blood sugar leads to the liver working overtime to try to get the excess sugar outta there, after which (a little while later) it's deposited ("archived") as fat.

So being overweight can simply be the result of high blood sugar. (But yes, the two often go together.)
    It's usually curable by diet and exercise. Also, Beyond Tangy Tangerine, in the powder form (not pill), is great for stabilizing blood sugar, and people have reported getting off insulin after taking it for a long time.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mark (20th March 2021), Mashika (28th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    @TomKat
    what is CBD oil?
    Larry
    It's a miracle extract from marijuana. It doesn't get you high but does physically relax you -- lots of info on the net, check it out. It's available without prescription in North America at some pharmacies and vape (e cig) shops. Movie star Clint Eastwood launched his own brand after benefiting from it. If it does not lower blood pressure substantially after taking it for a month, then you probably have a bad brand.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mark (20th March 2021), Mashika (28th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), Sunny (28th July 2020)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,337 times in 4,610 posts

I think there’s short and long answer, the long one is ultimately more important and has all to do with lean diet, sorry to say that again but most diabetics have food control issues,
    caused either by insufficient insulin production( or zero production in case of type 1) or high blood sugar and when the condition settles to chronic since it’s not easily reversible and curable disease, people build either hyper-sensitivity or insensitivity to both sugars and insulin,
    losing control of their own chemical reactions.

Of course there are herbs and legal medicines other than insulin therapy that can help to lower blood sugar in long term but they have to be taken regularly and still everything depends on the persons diet and regime.

Healthy exercise and walking or swimming is most recommended, regularly, without forcible exertion or “peak activities”.

In long term omitting most saccharides from diet, replacing it with fruits, vegetables, milk and healthy proteins would be of major benefit.
    That is no breads, wheats, rice, corn, jams, no sugars of any kind, for most of the time.

If you can treat yourself well that way, the little piece of sweet at the end of the day doesn’t do any harm and tastes much better.

If the condition is more or less acute, tell them to do nothing but drink fresh squeezed lemon water and drink some gentle herbal tea for couple of days and till they feel relief,
    then start adding light food items, watching their real time condition,
    then adopt lighter diet than previously:

I’m sure there is plenty of good advice regarding this topic on the forum.

🙏🌈❤️

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Baby Steps (30th July 2020), Bill Ryan (28th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mark (20th March 2021), Mashika (29th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020)

23. Link to Post #12
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,749 times in 531 posts

Has anyone here heard of (or tried) graviola? Another name is soursop or guanabana fruit. The dried leaves can be used to make tea.
    For diabetes there are maybe no real "miracle herbs", unless one looses weight and adapts his or her diet.
    I ordered some from a small company that gets the leaves in the BVI. The price and quality SHOULD be better than what we can find here.
    Some benefits mentioned are:

Graviola can be used as an anti-bacterial and antiviral treatment.
    Bacterial infections
    Parasitic infections. This include leishmaniasis, a disease caused by parasites transmitted
    Treats the bite of sand fleas
    Coughs and colds
    Inflammation of the nose and throat
    Herpes - One of the graviola benefits is that it can be used to suppress the herpes virus
    Helps with relaxation. Great for insomnia. Helps you sleep
    Emptying the bowels
    Hypotensive. Graviola lowers blood pressure.

I am drinking the tea now, regularly. It took five weeks to get the enveloppe with the leaves by USPS...

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Anka (2nd August 2020), Bill Ryan (28th July 2020), Harmony (28th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), leavesoftrees (28th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thailand Avalon Member Iancorgi's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Scorpio Girl,

I’m not a medical professional and I've never suffered any of the conditions your friend has so take everything I’m going to say with a pinch of salt….

That said, as several members have already suggested if I was your friend I’d look into the low carb / ketogenic diet. It really changed my life and my relationship with food. Many people report amazing results with diabetes type 2 a significant improvement with diabetes type 1, high blood pressure and blood sugars anomaly. This website has a wealth of resources to learn all you need to know about the low carb / ketogenic diet

https://www.dietdoctor.com/

I’ve been involved in wholesale of herbal supplements and several MD and clients reported great results treating high blood pressure and cardiovascular disorders with (not an exhaustive list but a reflection of many trusted second hand experiences. The very best for supplements / herbs would be to consult a reputable traditional Chinese medicine doctor):

The reishi mushroom, also known as Ganoderma lucidum and lingzhi

Ashwagandha

Ginkgo Biloba

CBD oil

It goes without saying that your friend MD should be consulted before taking any herbal supplements. Ginkgo biloba is so effective in lowering blood pressure that patients already on HBP meds might suffer from low blood pressure if they aren’t careful with the dosage.

One of my best friends here in Chiang Mai Thailand, a retired American MD has a company selling reasonably priced top quality herbal supplements. I don’t want to come across as a used car salesman promoting my friend website on the forum so if you are interested PM me I’ll give you the link.

Tell your friend to listen to James Nestor interview or even better read his book. His research on Breath work is truly fascinating and he mentions many interesting scientific findings regarding improving cardiovascular health through very simple routines like re-learning nasal breathing / deep diaphragmatic breath work….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5o9b2RVC2E

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...-james-nestor/

Lastly, mindfulness meditation, Yoga, Chi kung or any other practice developing introspection is an invaluable help in awakening the body's own healing ability. Our body wants to cooperate and he knows what it needs but we have to develop some mental clarity before being able to perceive its messages.

So again at the very top of my list would be:

Taking control of her diet with low carb / ketogenic and intermittent fasting.

Breath work, meditation, yoga

Herbal supplements

I hope this helps. All my best wishes to your friend. From the heart, Ian

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Iancorgi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Harmony (28th July 2020), Hym (28th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mashika (29th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 times in 461 posts

Quick ideas to aid your treating physician in helping you.

1. Whether your using an insurance Doc, a Naturopathic Physician or a combination of both, I would advise the following:

A. Purchase a blood pressure monitor and a Glucometer

B. Take regular daily measurements of both and log your numbers in journal/log book.
    When taking BP - at least 1x per day, 3x's is better (same time every day ideal)You may need to check your blood sugar level at least 3 times each day.
    If you check your blood sugar level before a meal , it will show you your lowest blood sugar. If you check your blood sugar level 2 hours after a meal , it will show you your highest blood sugar. Ask your healthcare provider what good goals for your blood sugar levels are at different times. Write down your results and show them to your healthcare provider at every visit. Your provider may use the results to make changes to your medicine, food, or exercise schedules.
    C. Complete 7 day Diet Diary (many good ones can be easily downloaded online) in which everything that goes in - is written down along with when it was consumed. This also includes all fluids, snacks etc...!! Also include bowel movements in the log.

D. If exercising: Keep a log of what you did and when you did it. Both you and your physician will now have proof of the affect it has on both your BP and your Blood sugar. It will also allow any medications to be adjusted accordingly... or eliminated !!!!

E. Supplements can be very effective when combined with diet and exercise. (Remember: these have little lasting effect if you are not exercising or have your diet under control.)

In my world I try to use the fewest, most effective, deepest healing, least expensive supplements. What I have found in cases relating to Metabolic syndrome is that the patients are severely mineral deficient. I like to start with ionic or colloidial liquid minerals and a high quality multi-vitamin geared toward blood sugar dysregulation as a foundation -often this is all that it is needed with diet/exercise in check.

F. Exercise: Choose some form of movement exercise that you like to do and do it for at least 20 min 3 times per week. Research shows this is exponentially more effective then any pharmaceutical patent medicine. Many people just walk. Doing whatever you choose in nature will have a greater affect.

F2: Ensure that you are drinking the proper amount of water per day (minimum of 1/2 bodyweight in ounces per day)

G. Diet: many good books on the subject: Personally, I like the PH approach as it promotes overall optimal functioning of the body and long term good health.

H. Reflect on Mental/Emotional health and address any negative patterns that may be present.

Please note the sx's of High BP/ blood sugar dysregulation are very typically a self limiting problem that can be quite easily cured through lifestyle changes.

Blessings Luke
    Last edited by Luke Holiday; 28th July 2020 at 17:54.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), greybeard (28th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (28th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mashika (29th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Brazil Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 times in 173 posts

I control sugar level by eating two slices of YACON POTATO every morning in my breakfast. It is important to note that it doesn´t work for everyone, so it is important to try for a month and do a blood test to monitor wheter it worked or not.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prc For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mashika (29th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #16
    Germany Avalon Member
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    Type 2D, I recently spent 10 days in hospital with infection in foot. As a diabetic, doctors were concerned about SEPSIS and had me on IV the whole time to stop it turning fatal or losing limbs - that serious.

Interestingly, they put me on Citaglypton (hopefully spelt right) to lower my blood sugars - which it did perfectly down from 15+ to around 6 after 24hrs. (and has stayed.) They're biggest concern was, because I only have one eye that my blood pressure can cause a build up of fluid behind my eye and affect my vision. (which it has) and now have to go in on wed for injection to my eye. I dont fully understand the physics or detail yet - I have a phobia of needles and have enough to think about.

However, LOSE WEIGHT and eat less carbs would allow the body to hopefully produce more insulin and better control glucose - they said.

In approx 3 weeks in total (10 days in, 10 days out) - lost 3/4+ stone. V little carbs, and no cravings of snacks infront of tv in evening. (Been hard, but committed.) Historically, average scottish diet. I was given a book by my consultant, which said males - 2500 cals & 300g Carbs reducing down would be a good start. Now much less. (not counting) but estimating with help from excellent book called - "Carbs & Cals & Protein & Fat".

A great book because one problem I have is diabetic maculopathy and colour contrast where reading is very blurred like looking thru butcher chill strips of polythene and cloudy wedding photographs - the book has pics of everything one eats and different plate sizes. very clever and easy to identify corrective behaviour and attitude.

So far so good(ish) - I do however start the day with a bowl of porridge and hot water (Brose as us Scots ken it as) with some apple or pear, and have taken to apples for a quick snack through the day - was warned by doc not to eat bananas. Overheard in ward - up to 6 spoons of sugar in a BANANA - havent validated that yet)

Bizarrely tho - and TRUE - other senses becoming more highly attuned, greater clarity, calmness, an overwhelming sense of gratitude. NOT A JESUS MOMENT - NO voices, no images, but now an intense knowing and sharper awareness of everything around me not just local either - WELL WEIRD but 100% true.

I made reference to this in another post on forum. I think because I had no visitors, no tv, no hours on web, just lying with nothing on mind - probably an almost meditative state for about 5 days on and off. A lot of change and a very very interesting stage of my life journey. We shall see what develops, but there has been a MAJOR "shift" in awareness and mindfulness of well being and in wanting to maintain it.

Hi Scotslad,

If you want to save your life read about the keto diet and the intermittent fasting. The YT is a good source of information. You will be amazed about the results. You will not only lose a lot of weight but also get rid of your type 2 diabetes with its side effects.
    Good luck and stay healthy.
    Cristian

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chris411 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Gwin Ru (29th July 2020), Iancorgi (29th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), Mashika (29th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), scotslad (29th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #17
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by Chris411 (here)
    Quote Posted by scotslad (here)

Hi Scotslad,

If you want to save your life read about the keto diet and the intermittent fasting. The YT is a good source of information. You will be amazed about the results. You will not only lose a lot of weight but also get rid of your type 2 diabetes with its side effects.
    Cristian
    Yes, however a warning, if you are very, very skinny, like me, who is 1.76 m and around 70/72kg in weight average, losing more weight can lead to even more illness and problems. Because not everyone with diabetes 2 is overweight by default, and some people in the hopes of getting better can end up killing themselves faster than the illness would, by chose of foods they eat.

I found that for troublesome illness like Diabetes, there's no single diet, practice or medicine that works the same for everyone. It's hard to keep in control because what works for one, may not work at all for others, and it leads into issues because sometimes doctors just give a generic diet to each and every person

When i first started with this i got a diet + pills and no later than two weeks after i was sometimes with glucose level of 40something, sometimes 60, sometimes 50 and so, it was killing me, i had not been diagnosed correctly and the diet plus the pills was killing me, i could not even wake up in the morning, then i had to basically run away from the doctors and my mom who insisted i should listen and do as said. I got another doctor who told me to stop and i did, then immediately i started feeling well and then i started a new diet and treatment and it's been 5 years since then and i'm doing great on that aspect of my body, i don't feel bad except every few months but as said above i do cause that when i get desperate and go do things i know will harm but can't resist

Keto it works sometimes but it doesn't always. and when it doesn't you won't be able to tell if it was keto or something else. Doctors will go "well they were sick so they got worse because of the illness" and it's impossible to know if that's true or it was the doctor's generic approach to diabetes caused it, they won't look much into your keto diet and how it could have affected. The problem with diabetes is that mostly doctors will go by the book, and diagnose by that, so if there was an external thing that caused trouble and they don't know, they just ignore it.

That's what i found over the years
    Tired

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Gwin Ru (29th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), scotslad (29th July 2020), Sunny (30th July 2020)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,200 times in 1,393 posts

Dr. Neal Barnard has been successfully reversing diabetes for decades now through a well-planned, whole food, plant-based diet.

Watch the following video to get a flavour and get his book, Dr Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes for more specific instructions on implementing the diet (there are many sites selling the book - that link is just the first one I came across).

Following this diet will almost certainly solve the high blood pressure issues too.

Check out the documentary, What the Health too. Dr. Barnard is featured in it as well as many other highly experienced medical practitioners who are all espousing the myriad of benefits from a WFPB diet for all manner of ailments.

the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th July 2020), Constance (2nd August 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Harmony (29th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mashika (29th July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th July 2020), scotslad (29th July 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,209 times in 32,905 posts

Quote Posted by Chris411 (here)
    Hi Scotslad,

Cristian

Two major threads which are packed with good information, personal testimonies, and references:

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Franny (29th July 2020), Harmony (29th July 2020), Jayke (30th July 2020), kfm27917 (23rd March 2021), Mashika (29th July 2020), scotslad (29th July 2020), Yoda (29th July 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by prc (here)
    I control sugar level by eating two slices of YACON POTATO every morning in my breakfast. It is important to note that it doesn´t work for everyone, so it is important to try for a month and do a blood test to monitor wheter it worked or not.
    I get the same effect from eggs.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th July 2020), Franny (29th July 2020), Harmony (29th July 2020), Mashika (29th July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast